Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.
JayDee
HRCC Student
Re: General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:07 pm

aniviel ,

Great that the prayer was answered today, that is a good sign. Open a window if you can to allow the smoke out, or do it in a garage then open it and let the smoke out ( what I do when I am sick and cant have smoke around). Iv accidentally blew a candle out before praying over it too hard, I understand! Honey jars are container spell, the jar itself is a spell and is working upon its conception, another method often deployed with them is a candle to work them, so yes you are correct.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:05 pm

The problem is actually smoking the cigar when my throat hurts, of course. That's not very good for my throat! :lol: but I'll find a way.

Thank you JayDee.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:43 pm

Aniviel,

Tobacco is a toxic poison. The practitioner's use of cigars in magic is not part of hoodoo per se. It is, however, a liturgically and clerically endorsed practice in a few Afro-Caribbean religions and their associated magical traditions. In the USA, Native Americans smoke sacred tobacco in a pipe.

African American hoodoo practice, insofar as it does call for tobacco, is not specific as to whether a cigarette, a pipe, a cigar, or burning the tobacco as incense is preferred.

I am sure that no one here or who is coming out of old-school hoodoo told you to smoke a cigar on a honey or sugar ja to "wake up spirits." You are on your own -- or coming from an Afro-Caribbean practice with that idea.

If you are a member of a religion in which the smoking of a cigar on your honey jar is clerically or liturgically indicated, by all means feel free to practice your religion -- but if you think that this is somehow a hoodoo practice ... it's not.

What is much more typical of hoodoo-style is praying over a name in sugar or honey, cooking with the sweetener, and feeding it to the one you wish to sweeten.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Fawd2019

Unread post by Fawd2019 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:41 am

Hey, how do i “work” a honey jar? Without using candles? How can I put my intentions into it everyday? I have a honey jar that’s just sitting in the corner, what should I be doing to it? I’ve had some contact with my target she texted my twice but when I texted her she didn’t respond.. Can someone tell me why does that happened? I’ve also had two readings done.. one said she’s in the “Knight of pentacles” and needs time to develop her feelings but she feels that the future will be with us together.. the other said “she’s my soul mate” but communication is hard right now.. can someone help!! Thanks..

Fawd2019

Unread post by Fawd2019 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:41 am

I wish someone could please answer why when you text a target sometimes they don’t respond even if the day before you were having a long great conversation with them..

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:06 am

Fawd2019,

A honey jar is a container spell that works as itself, meaning the jar is a spell, many people (including myself) also add candles to it ( another spell) because they work well together, however it is not required. Many ways to work a honey jar even without burning candles. I know people who tap the side 3 times as they call the person and their petition, then lightly rock the jar ( not shaking ) back and forth as they say their petition and prayer with psalms. Another way and a very common way is to use the honey to cook with and feed to your lover.

Why does a target comment then not comment? This is common, you are doing love work on an individual that is not ready ( according to your statement from a reading), this is also what many people experience which is not being patient enough. Magic is not like the movies where it happens that second (though it can). You may also be experiencing what we call movement, the girl reached out to you but is not fully where you want to be. This would indicate to keep the work up.

I would also try doing other spells to assist with this, including a mojo, and having candles burned for you at MISC if you cannot burn them yourself.

Info on honey jars: http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html
Great boo on honey jars and sugar spells: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoohoneyandsugarspells.html
Cats book on making mojos: THE ART OF MAKING MOJOS
by catherine yronwode
Come to me products, mojo, to draw the person to you: http://www.luckymojo.com/cometome.html
Follow me girl, great to use with come to me or a love oil: http://www.luckymojo.com/followmegirl.html
Deers tongue herb, used to foster communication discussion on the forum: deer-s-tongue-leaves-questions-and-answers-t8322.html
Forum on communication spells: spells-to-get-someone-to-contact-call-t ... t2982.html
MISC candle services, can set love candles, come to me candles, follow me girl candles for you and send a candle report when its done: http://missionaryindependent.org/services.html

curiouslyhere

Unread post by curiouslyhere » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:18 am

I have a honey jar going for reconciliation work and have burned dozens of candles on it, and none of them have ever left any residue other than a tiny piece of wick left at the bottom. Today, for the first time, I had residue from a candle I was burning. There were three trails of tears (is that right?) that were left after the candle had burned down. They went down over the lid and onto the honey jar. Looking at the honey jar, one was in the back, one was in the front, and one was at the right corner of the jar. I've never wondered what to do with honey jar remains since I've never had any. I'm wondering what this sudden change could mean and if I should dispose of the remains from candles on honey jars or not (since honey jars are continual)? Thank you

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:25 am

Hi Fawd2019,

From all of your posts that I have read and answered, it seems you are overly anxious and have difficulty finding patience in your own work. I know that you have a difficult situation on your hands that has caused you much agony, and I am extremely sympathetic, but your best ally here will be your own calmness and faith in your work.

Please trust me when I say that it's not helping your cause to fret over not having an instant response from her. This is sending a signal to Spirit that you don't trust it to help you, and this is not the energy you want to be putting out there. You have already been getting movement, so don't question why she doesn't respond to a text with the speed you want. Her delay may have absolutely nothing to do with her feelings for you. She may just have other things going on, so give it time.

The moderators on this forum volunteer their time to answer questions posed to us here, and I can assure you that every question will get an answer. Please don't repeat a question as your first one will be seen. Once again, having patience is a virtue.

I would suggest that you do some work for yourself to calm your energy and allow yourself to breathe. Tranquility products are perfect for this, and I believe I've recommended them to you before. Please take advantage of them as they can help you feel better about your work and your situation, and you will gain some needed perspective to help optimize your chance of success.
http://www.luckymojo.com/products-tranquility.html

I hope this helps, and I keep you in my prayers. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Forum Administrator

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:05 pm

Thank you Catherine,

It was actually here that someone suggested blowing cigar smoke into the candle's flame and speaking to it (I believe it was in this topic even, some pages back). I don't remember who, but I've been using it with the candles on my honey jar. It became a part of my ritual.

My honey jar has completely shaken up this precious friendship of mine, so I am grateful to you, LM and all the tips I've been getting here. It's been more than helpful in ways I didn't imagine. But truthfully the spirits were on the side of this friendship from day one, the both of us have spoken of that.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:02 am

aniviel ,

It is a trick to puff smoke in the face of a figure candle, skull candle, photo as you state the intention. Tobacco can also be used for communication, as is deers tongue.

Tobacco: http://www.herbmagic.com/tobacco.html
Tobacco spiritual supplies: http://www.luckymojo.com/products-tobacco.html
Deers tongue herb: http://www.herbmagic.com/deers-tongue.html

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:55 pm

I guess I didn't make it clear that that is exactly what I've been doing..

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:07 pm

Hi aniviel,

No worries, we understood you correctly. I share your dislike of cigars. Miss cat gave us all a great lesson in her response.

As a non-smoker myself, I personally don't use cigars etc. in my work. I do leave unlit cigars on my ancestor altar, as offerings to my relatives who enjoyed them but that is the extent of my use of them.

I'm thrilled to hear you've been getting good results from your honey jar. Nice work!

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:16 am

Thank you very much Miss Athena

Blessings all

alexinmadison

Disposal - still not sure what to do

Unread post by alexinmadison » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:14 am

I’d like to dispose (not deploy) a honey jar. I’ve read through every post I could find on the subject, including miss cat’s article here: http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

but I’m still confused by what to do.

A honey jar is full of sticky goo and it’s a glass jar. Do I separate the contents from the jar for disposal? I simply can’t visualize how to dispose of it at a crossroads - do I dump all the contents out of the jar? What do I do with the jar then? I could, certainly, bury the whole thing at a graveyard but it’s the middle of winter and the ground is frozen solid. What about a water disposal? Are there options beyond putting it in natural running water (down the toilet or in the sink)? If I did dispose of it in a lake or a stream, do I punch a hole in the lid??

All insight will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:56 am

alexinmadison ,

You can pour the content out at the crossroad, pour it out, pray to the spirit to take it, leave an offering of coins, go home and wash the container and recycle it. Put in running water, pour out at a tree stump. You pour the content out and recycle the lid, dont throw the jar in the lid. IF you toss the honey jar still intact in running water you still are keeping the individuals sweetened just downriver. I would not do a toilet because of the possibility of that clogging a pipe.

Disposal of items on forum discusses the jar question: disposal-of-ritual-remains-questions-an ... 6-240.html
Other post about this question with answers: post391321.html?hilit=disposal%20of%20h ... ar#p391321

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:53 pm

Hi alexinmadison,

There is a big difference between disposal and deployment, and your list of suggested actions mixes up these two intentions.

To dispose of a honey jar, meaning you are ending the work entirely as it is no longer needed, you can open the jar and run the contents under the faucet using warm water to break up the honey. Tell Spirit you are ending the spell as you do so. Remove any large articles from the jar, such as a petition packet, and rinse them in ammonia. Clean and recycle the jar. Put the large articles in the garbage.

Deploying the jar, such as taking it to a crossroads or throwing it in running water, will not end the spell but do the opposite.

Please read this post that Miss cat wrote, which includes information on disposal and deployment so you can get a better idea on how to handle spell remains.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

forgiveness

Unread post by forgiveness » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:30 pm

What does it mean if a bug flies into your candle and dies in the wax? I’m assuming it can’t be a good sign. I feel bad for the little guy. Also I’ve been lightning candles on top of that jar for weeks and nothing has happened- my boyfriend hasn’t come back, I haven’t heard from him, he doesn’t contact me... he seems to be living his life just fine & happy. I need him to forgive me and come back to me. I did a really fucked up thing. I feel so guilty. I miss him so much.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi forgiveness,

It can mean a number of things. Either someone is interfering in your work, or the bug took a hit for you, or something else.

Since you're not seeing signs or movement from your work, my best advice is for you to get a reading. This can help you gain clarity on your situation, and also get advice on any other rootwork you could be performing (or have performed for you by a professional). You can find qualified readers and rootworkers here:
www.readersandrootworkers.org/
www.hoodoopsychics.com

alexinmadison

Unread post by alexinmadison » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:53 am

Miss Athena,

Thank you for the clear and concise answer. Even though I did read through the entirety of the Laying Down Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains chapter of Hoodoo in Theory and Practice, and I read through a number of disposal posts on the forum, I obviously was still confused by the the results of the methods. Are there any “guidelines” that I can apply that differentiate a disposal from a deployment? For example, your solution would indicate dismantling of the spell components, “washing” them in such a way as to remove any residual energy, and then simply throwing out the bits. Anything that keeps the spell intact seems to be deployment. Is that correct? Also, would those same guidelines apply to ANY spell, not just jar spells? Finally, I’m curious about why one would “deploy” a spell jar. I have been under the impression that they work because the spellcaster actually works the jar. It seems that deployment defeats this purpose - the spellcaster would no longer be imparting personal energy into the spell.

Thank you for your help as I learn. I do very much appreciate it.

PS - in your reply, there wasn’t a link to miss cat’s post on disposal that you referenced. I’ll try to go find it with search but, just in case I can’t find it, I’d love it if you could provide that for me. :)

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:18 am

alexinmadison ,

There is no rule book in hoodoo like other forms of magic that we strictly follow, however that does not mean hoodoo is whatever you want it to be, we also have customs, traditions and methods that are used.

The first thing you seem to be confusing is the word disposal v deploying. Disposal is when work is done, you are done, you dispose of it to send the energy outward. The method to do that generally reflects the purpose of the work.Example: Break up work you can dispose of it at a crossroad to spread the energy, you can toss it in running water to send them away, you can bury in a grave yard to symbolically kill the relationship. Love work you can dispose of remains in your front yard to draw a person, a back yard to keep a person, a crossroad to spread the work energy. Deploying is still work being done, such as a break up jar made to cause a couple to break up and the spell calls to bury it under their front porch, or a freezer spell where it is required to put the jar in the freezer to freeze out competition, a sweetener spell where you use some of the honey to cook (deploying the honey in the work). Taking sachet powders and sprinkling at a persons door step. The use of a crossroad as Miss Athena explained above is used also with disposing of bath water since you cleansed yourself you set the work out, to the East to draw, because the sun rises in the East, and West to send away because the sun sets ( goes away) in the west.

I have never heard a person deploy a jar, they keep the jar, they work the jar, when the jar is no longer needed, the work is no longer desired they dispose of the jar the way Miss Athena stated above.

Webster dictionary defines:
Deploy as: bringing into effective action
Disposal as: Throwing away or getting rid of something.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:27 pm

Hi alexinmadison,

I am so sorry I neglected to include the link in my post above. Please forgive that error. Here it is:
http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

There is a fundamental difference between deployment and disposal. Consider this scenario:

You work a candle spell to bring a new lover to you. You gather the wax remains and scatter them in the crossroads to unleash the energy of that spell out to the universe. You are continuing your spell by doing so, as you want the work to continue and you want Spirit to hear your petition. This is a form of completing a spell as in many cases, they are considered incomplete until they are deployed.

Now let's presume you work the same candle spell to bring in a new lover but before you deploy the wax remains, you decide you want to take a break from dating and that now is not a good time to bring in a new person. So you want to end the spell, not continue it. In this case, you would dispose of the wax remains in the garbage, thus telling Spirit "this work is garbage, I no longer desire this outcome."

See the difference?

As for jar spells, yes they are typically deployed. A break-up or vinegar jar is typically "worked" for a while by shaking and cursing them and burning candles on top of them. I generally work them for 1-3 months or until my candles start burning cleanly, and then deploy them by burying them where the couple or person would walk over it or by putting it in running water like a river, to keep that energy going. I don't like to smash them at a crossroads out of concern than animals may injure themselves on the broken glass or nasty things inside the jar. If the couple were to break up before I deploy the jar, I would still deploy it to keep them broken up for good.

The only exception I like to make for deploying jar spells is honey jars, which are worked long term to keep a relationship sweet for as long as I desire to keep that relationship at all. I prefer not to deploy them but if one wanted to, the could be buried upside down by a tree to keep the work going (as an example).

I hope this is making sense, and I hope this helps. Good luck.

alexinmadison

Unread post by alexinmadison » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:23 pm

Thank you, Miss Athena. This helps define things much better for me. I do recognize that there’s variation and flexibility in how an individual practitioner might address their work but the general “rules” of how to manage the energy produced/directed by the spell is my biggest concern as I realize that I could, potentially, create an unintended scenario if I mishandled the deployment or disposal of my work. I’m feeling more confident now. 🙂

alexinmadison

Unread post by alexinmadison » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:33 pm

Hi JD and thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions. I see some conflicts in the advice you’re providing versus what I received from Miss Athena - specifically, she suggests that burying is deployment, not disposal as you suggest above. I believe that the issue is word usage and I believe that I’ve figured out what you are trying to convey in regards to the various ways that a spell can/should be worked, either actively or via “deployment”. You may note that Miss Athena did provide a disposal option for a honey jar which, basically, involves dismantling the jar and “washing” the energy from the contents before throwing them away. I appreciate your time and insight as I continue to learn. 👍

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:55 pm

alexinmadison,

People may do thinks differently based on how they were taught and the purpose of the container. Example a jar to break people up can be buried at their house under a porch it is working to break them up as they walk over it, but you are also not working the jar anymore. The jar is done doing its thing. You can make a break up jar and toss it in running water to break people up, its disposed of, doing the work, you no longer are working the jar, but the jar is still doing the work. You situation you no longer want it to work, the work is done or never manifest and you do not want it anymore, so you would dispose of it in a way that ends the work. Pour at a crossroads can be a way of doing that, pouring into running water, pouring at a tree stump. Miss Cat has (somewhere on the forum) a spell to use a honey jar as a curse and flushing it down the toilet. Items left over and no longer needed for a spell can be disposed of depending on the fashion of the work, like graveyard dirt no longer needed id disposed at the cemetery then payed for the spirit taking it back. Candle wax left for work that you still want would be disposed of by placing it in the yard to draw ( if love work) and at a crossroad or cemetery for negative work.
Laying tricks by Miss Cat: http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html
Disposal on the forum: disposal-of-ritual-remains-questions-an ... 10676.html

EndlessSky79

Unread post by EndlessSky79 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:34 pm

Hi All! I am creating a honey jar for my husband to get a job. I plan to use honey, cinnamon, and white sugar in the jar. Is salt ever added as a money draw to the jar, or does the salty cancel out the sweet? I am thinking to sprinkle salt and nutmeg around the jar to avoid conflict with the ingredients but am still curious about adding it to the jar. Thank you in advance and blessings!
-EndlessSky

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:21 pm

Hi EndlessSky79,

I am confused by your use of salt at all in this work, as salt is primarily used for protection. I would leave it out entirely.

Also, I would use either honey or sugar but not both, as you will create a gloopy mess that can solidify. I like honey for a jar like this, but that's just my preference.

EndlessSky79

Unread post by EndlessSky79 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:45 pm

Hi Miss Athena,

Thanks for your swift response! After further scouring of the forums, I think that salt added to a honey jar is not the correct philosophy, as money can't be sweetened towards anyone. I suspect I was combining too many elements to complicate what is a direct working. I left the salt out as per your suggestion.

You are correct about my jar being gloopy then solidifying but it makes me feel like the work is really soaking in as it solidifies, if that makes sense. =) Thank you for your patience and answering my noob questions.

Hansen2020
Newly Registered

Unread post by Hansen2020 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:29 am

Hello all.
I recently met this girl that I had been with once previously and decided to do a sugar jar.So on making this jar I applied the usual herbs but also put in lots of brown sugar.When we met for our date things went very well but she the only thing that was she kept on saying that I was very sweet.Which is not want I want as I am a few years older than her.I really wanted for there to be a lot of passion and lust between us more on the sexual side.So can you tell me what sort of herbs I would need for this and should I make new jar as I have also a strand of her hair I could use.

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:28 am

Hi Hansen2020,

Sweet Jars in their essence function to do just that: sweeten one to someone or to sweeten ones perception of someone. They are not really meant for really heated sexual relations. I would take this as a good sign for starters as genuine romances often starts with the types of feelings she's expressed.

If I were you, I would keep the spell going. If you want, you could add some ginger to your petition paper (which is where all herbs/oils used in a sweet jar should be) but I would combine this with other types of workings such as a moving candle spell and a skull spell.

You can read more about these here:
moving-candle-spells-figural-plain-ques ... t9265.html

skull-candle-questions-and-answers-t15161.html

Good luck
The Future is in Your Hands,

Dr. Keith Darensbourg, Ch.D
Correspondence Course Graduate #2132G

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:53 am

General question...
I've noticed my honey jar works better when I make sure they honey isn't crystalised, so I often place it by a heater to de-crystalise it.
The bottom still have solid bits while the top is all liquid, then I always feel the need to shake it.

I read sugar jars are often shaken as part of the work - but what about shaking honey jars?

Also I'm not working my honey jar as often as before now, only a couple of times a week. Because my friend seems to be going through personal stuff (...with the Mrs) so he's very absent, and I get really depressed when he ignores me, and when I'm depressed I try not to work the honey jar.
(as said here before, this is for close, intimate friendship - I'm not trying to come between him and his family. I want him to be happy. I don't know if my working has anything to do with what they're going through, but it did start happening between them the closer he and I became... Now it all feels very distant unfortunately)

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:25 pm

Aniviel,

It certainly is your prerogative to apply heat to your honey jar to de-crystallize it but I've never known this to have an affect on its efficacy in my years of practice.

Honey is such a thick substance that it really wouldn't benefit you on any level to try and shake it. The way we keep honey jars going is by the perpetual burning of candle, as needed of course.

As far as your other concern, sure that could be a reason, just as they could have already been dealing with some issues that lead to the discord. I would however caution you. If you feel depressed when you cannot talk to your friend there may be some deeper issues that might need to be dealt with for you. That, to me, is an unhealthy sign of attachment and we want you to be taken care of both spiritually mentally and physically. Think about that a bit.

Best of luck.

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:31 pm

Thank you Dr Darensbourg,

I have depression regardless of this which I'm dealing with, it's not as bad as it used to. Having him in my life made things much better for me because he seems to completely understand and accept me, and I've been completely honest with him. So of course it's been a bit therapeutic for me. He's certainly not the only reason for my depression, but rather can ignite it (as can anything) when I worry about our friendship. It doesn't happen all the time but occasionally, and I tend to tell him that too. Also I can always talk to him. He's often told me to always come to him when I need to, about anything, and I've used it before. I just don't always want to bug, of course. I cannot help but wonder though why I get treated differently sometimes to other friends - getting ignored when others don't. I think that's more something he's dealing with rather than something to do with me.
I do all I can to keep my emotions in gear, but I think anyone who deeply cares for a best friend or a lover would feel down when there's suddenly distant and cold for an unknown reason?

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:38 pm

Ok, I understand better now. I'm glad that you are dealing with that positively and my prayer is that you continue on your path to healing.

I can also see how not hearing from someone so dear to you can cause some upset and confusion. Just keep working the jar. Consistently working it on Wednesday would be really good for you and what you describe.

Good luck with him.

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:04 am

Thank you very very much. Blessings.

forgiveness

Unread post by forgiveness » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:32 pm

Hello,

I posted a few weeks ago about my situation and how my honey jar wasn’t doing anything, and someone told me to see a psychic to get some clarity. I saw two and they both told me conflicting things; one told me he was gonna come back and the other told me he wasn’t. I don’t know what to do now, the honey jar isn’t working, I light a candle on it every day and I’ve got nothing from him. He hasn’t contacted me since the end of December and it’s like he doesn’t even care about me anymore, I see him post on Instagram acting all happy and smiling and I have no word from him, and I don’t understand anything at all. He told me I was the only girl for him, that he would love me no matter what, that he couldn’t live without me, and now for the past two months it’s like I’m dead or something. I’m growing more and more desperate by the day, I’m losing hope, and I’m honestly so depressed I can barely get out of bed. It’s really hard. I just want him to at least contact me and get some explanation. I just want him back. I miss him and I miss his love. I don’t understand what happened. I don’t know what to do anymore. My heart hurts so much. I need something to happen, anything.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Hi forgiveness,

I'm sorry to hear you are in such a state. Please look after yourself as this should be your primary concern.

Did the "psychics" you spoke to belong to either the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers (AIRR) or Hoodoo Psychics? These are resources to find the most qualified readers so if they are not members of these associations, I would find a reader from them:
www.readersandrootworkers.org/
www.hoodoopsychics.com

This will assure you of an accurate reading, and they are also qualified to advise you on spells you can do to turn this situation around.

Meanwhile, you can read through the posts in the thread on getting someone to communicate with you, which can help get him back in contact:
spells-to-get-someone-to-contact-call-t ... t2982.html

forgiveness

Unread post by forgiveness » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:12 am

Yeah they were from there. I don’t get it... he looks so happy without me it breaks my heart. I don’t know what to do to get him back. Nothing’s working. I really thought he’d come back. I really thought he loved me. I wish I was dead.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:32 am

Hi forgiveness,

Please don't let yourself go to such a dark place. If you do feel that you are in danger of doing something to yourself, please contact the suicide prevention line (in the US, it is 1-800-273-8255). This is not something to take lightly and we urge you to find someone professional to talk to about your feelings. Nothing else matters more than that!

If you want to get another reading on the matter, you can sign up for the Lucky Mojo radio show and get a free reading from Miss cat and Conjureman Ali. That way you can be assured of knowing exactly what is happening. Here is the sign-up sheet for the next show, which is taking place this afternoon (3pm California time):
post397434.html#p397434

We gave you advice in the Reconciliation thread on other spells you could perform in addition to your honey jar. Have you tried them? Relying on one form of spellwork may not be sufficient. You have the means in your hands to turn this situation around, so please take the advice you were given and read through the posts in this thread for lots of advice and ideas. You are not out of options!
spells-for-ex-lover-ex-spouse-to-return ... -t650.html

Please do take care of yourself above all else!

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:15 am

forgiveness, I'm sorry, I'm by no means qualified to give you advice on your work but I must ask - have you tried contacting him? Perhaps your work is actually working but he's just not the kind to make the move? In my situation it's a friend but he can be the most loving in person, and on social media sometimes he completely ignores me (he's been quite like that the last couple of weeks). I pray to change that, but it doesn't normally change by itself. A few times I actually messaged him asking why he's like that with me. Normally there are reasons. I realise I am lucky he allows me to be this frank with him without feeling judged by him. That said, it made me realise how silly social media is. In person we have the most beautiful, intimate, loving friendship no matter how he is online.
SO many people on social media wear smiles when they're hurting inside. I'm like you in that I let it affect me, really badly! But we must keep reminding ourselves it's all makebelieve.
I really think you ought to try contact him yourself. Even just gently asking how he is and if he wants coffee sometime.
As for your work, I was advised here not to do work when I'm over-emotional, which occasionally happens exactly because of social media. Perhaps meditate, relax and then do it? Or write down what you plan to contact him with, that helps me relax sometimes, then do the work, then message him.

Strangeasangels
Newly Registered

Unread post by Strangeasangels » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:00 am

Hi all, I was wondering if the worker should use an alternate sweetener if the intended target for the sweetening is vegan.
Myself, I have no problem working with honey and while the target doesn't judge non-vegans, I worry that using honey might potentially alter results. I wouldn't feed him non-vegan food on the sneak, so I wonder if the same principle applies doing sweetening work on him.
What do you all suggest?

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:03 pm

Hello Strangeasangels,

I would only consider using a different sweetener if you indeed planned on feeding it to the target.

The willingness or unwillingness of the target to consume the product bears no consequence on work that happens in the spiritual realm. Simply put one has nothing to do with the other.

So again if you plan on feeding it, use something else. If not, honey will work just fine.

Hope this helps.

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:36 pm

I must ask a silly question...
I'm using the star brass holder on my honey jar, and other than a very thin layer of wax which stuck the brass holder onto the lid - there never seems to be anymore wax residue. Is this always the case with the brass holder? Or unusual? I light candle between 2 and 4 times every week.
I have seen movement in my situation, but very slow, and most of the time there's nothing new (it's basically a game of hot and cold with this friend the jar is for). When there's movement it's always beautiful.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:51 pm

Hi aniviel,

There are no hard and fast rules or consistent "usual" experiences when it comes to how a candle will behave with regard to wax remains. Every situation is different.

If you want to experiment, you can try burning a candle without the holder to see if you get a different result. You can use these experiments to help with your divination. Just an idea.

Be grateful for the movement you are getting, and trust in your outcome.

amazinglove32

Unread post by amazinglove32 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:32 pm

I have a question!!!

i made a sugar jar, put everything that i wanted. the petition and the picture. The picture turned everything in it black. Is that bad? I put sugar, cinnamon, some herbs, love oil and thats it. please let me know and if it is, please tell me how to stop it!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:18 pm

Dear amazinglove32 -- Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forum.

I do not understand what you mean when you write, "The picture turned everything in it black." Do you mean everything that you had folded within the picture is now black? If you folded it within the picture, why did you open it to look? Why did you put oils in it? I certainly would never recommend that because now you cannot cook with the sugar or use it to sweeten coffee or tea. Did the oils interact in some waywith the picture's chemicals (but if so, what chemicals? photocopy, photograph? oil paininting? water colour? pen and ink drawing?)? have never heard of such a thing or seen such a thng, and i have been making sugar and honey jars since 1959.

It sounds "bad" because it sounds like you started something out of your control -- but for the life of me i have no idea why you decided to do what you did.

Here is how make a sugar jar:

i fill a 1/2 pint or 1 pint Mason jar half full of sugar. I may add a loose Vanilla Bean and a loose piece of candlied, crystalized ginger. into that half of the sugar. I write my petition on the back of a 3" x 3" photo or have a very small photo that i enclose in the 3" x 3" petition paper. I place edible herbs in the petition paper, folding it like a seed packet, to keep everthng inside. The folded and sealed seed packet shape petition is 2" wide at the top, 1" wide at the bottom, and 1 1/4" tall, in the shape of of a pentangle. I lay the packet in and then i add more sugar. I may add a second loose Vanilla Bean and a second loose piece of candlied, crystalized ginger. I pray over the sugar, taste it, and speak my desire. I close the lid on the jar. Every day that i can, i taste the sugar and use it in cooking or to sweeten drinks inobtrusively, and i feed these to the person whose sweetness i desire. I put nothing into the jar that is toxic, inedible, or dangerous to consume.

That's it. That's the way i was taught to make a sugar jar.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

amazinglove32

Unread post by amazinglove32 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:15 am

hey catherine,

thank you for answering! i definitely want to start my sugar jar over and want to end this one. after i closed the jar, i didnt open it back up. i guess it turned black because of the photo was a little big. I printed out the picture so the ink is all in the bottle. Please tell me how i can end this jar and start a new one. thank you!

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi amazinglove32,

You can open the jar, run warm water over the contents and pour it down the drain of your sink. Save any durable personal concerns for your new jar. Recycle the glass.

Since you are ending the spell vs. deploying it, this would be a good method for ending your jar.

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:17 pm

Thank you for your help Miss Athena
Blessings

amazinglove32

Unread post by amazinglove32 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:59 pm

Thank you Miss Athena!

any advice for starting a new jar?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:41 pm

Hello amazinglove32,

All the advice I could give you is already in the pages of this thread. Lots of information on how to construct the right honey jar for your needs. Read through these posts and then if you still have questions, feel free to ask here.

Good luck.

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:22 pm

I have been wondering - the 4'' candles tend to burn anywhere between 2 and 4 hours for me. Do people sit with the jar the whole time? I mean, I always stay in the room (unless I have to run to the toilet or get anything). But I do wonder if others just sit by the candle and wait? I tend to sit away, keeping myself occupied with phone / laptop / book, and pray on it several times during the burn (normally in total I'd spend about an hour praying / speaking to it...)
But then I wonder if others do more. I just find it hard to completely focus this whole time, so I approach it when I feel I can give it my full attention.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:10 pm

aniviel,

People may work differently and have different answers to this question. Many people light the candles do the work and let them burn, as they burn they send that work out into the spirit and physical world. Depending how you dress a candle will also effect the candles burn: dress with just oil may burn longer, oil and powder may burn a bit faster, burn with oil powder and herbs will burn much faster. There are different reasons and advantages to do this, dressing a candle in oil than powder or herb is called double dressing the candle, however it tends to burn a bit messy. I tend to do the work and focus with prayer, reading of scripture, reciting my petition and other relating items. Then I will sit back and accept the work is done, and let it burn. I may return to pray or state a Psalms or other scripture, say every 13 mins or other time frame. May be helpful to keep a journal and write about the work you are doing and what you did and see what works best for you. Do more of what works and less of what does not!

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:04 pm

Thank you as always JayDee. I was slightly worried because after praying pre-burn and once lit, I tend to leave it and watch or read something for a while before going back to it (I go always past the half hour so the hands of the clock are both going upwards, and tend to sit with it between 15-30 minutes each time), and then again until the burn ends.. tends to be 3 times during a candle burn. For some reason I thought many just sit with it the whole time but the focus for me would move from my intention to worrying about the situation, I believe. I do all I can to disconnect myself from it whenever I turn away from the candle.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:03 pm

Hello aniviel,

You're doing fine with tending to your candles as they burn. Not everyone will sit and watch it for hours on end. I personally pray over a candle and speak to it for some time (days even) before lighting it. If I am working skull candles, I speak my petition to it every hour, taking time to speak into each ear, the back and especially the front. How I do that (screaming or gently whispering) depends on the intention of the spell.

Don't over think your work. If you find your method is giving you good results, then stick with it. If you're getting poor or inconsistent results, revisit your approach.

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:09 pm

Thank you Miss Athena!

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo”