• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Hoodoo, Conjure, Training Workshops

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:26 pm

General Loose Powder & ResIn Incense Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo incense powders, joss sticks, and natural botanical resin incenses in your spiritual practices.

Re: Incense powder

Unread postby Doctor Hob » Thu May 03, 2012 9:00 pm

You are very welcome.
Two-Headed Doctor
Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Re: Incense powder

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu May 03, 2012 11:30 pm

Pictures here:

HOW TO MAKE INCENSE POWDER CONES AND LIGHT THEM
http://www.herb-magic.com/incense-powder-cones.html
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

using incense

Unread postby redcase1 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:08 am

hi, i ordered a pack of incense powder but im not sure how to go about using it.

1) I read on LM that im supposed to fold a paper cone and fill it with the powder. my question is how big?

2) ! intend to use it to smoke my mojo bag. do i burn it all the way down?

3) Also due to privacy, i intend to burn it in my room with windows closed and all, with only air conditioning on, is it ok?

[Question about candles deleted as off-topic.--cat]
redcase1

Re: using incense

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:22 am

redcase1,

1) The way to make powder incense into cones is shown here, with photos:

http://www.herb-magic.com/incense-powder-cones.html

2) One small cone's worth will be enough for smoking your mojo bag. You may save the rest for future use.

3) Yes.

I deleted your query about candles from your post because it is off-topic for this section of the Forum. This is the incense section of the Forum. Please ask your questions about candles in the area of the Forum about candles. Thanks!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: Loose Powder and ResIn Incense Questions and Answers

Unread postby magicinthemoment » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:33 am

Wow! I got my very first package of self lighting incense from LM. I could not believe how easy it was. I just rolled a piece of paper into a cone, poured in some John the conquer incense, and instant incense. I love not having to burn it on a charcoal.
And the smoke that it gives off which is not a lot of all, but - I have never seen such beautiful smoke. I was mesmerized. The scent was not overpowering at all.

Being a newbie I am very happy with my products. I wish I hard learned about lucky mojo a long time ago.
magicinthemoment

Unread postby Madame Pamita » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:27 pm

I made a video on how to light self-lighting incense, featuring Lucky Mojo brand Psychic Vision, Love Me, Jinx Killer, Peaceful Home, Money Drawing, and Dr.Jose Gregorio Herdandez Incense Powders, by the way!. The video shows you how to burn it. I don't put my incense into a cone, I just shape it into a pyramid by pinching it with my fingers and that seems to work fine.

You can check it out here: http://youtu.be/2iczJ4915VI
With love and light -
Madame Pamita
Madame Pamita
Forum Moderator

Dropped incense bowl, bad luck?

Unread postby poeticone » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:55 am

Hi everyone,

I try not to be superstitious and I will ask my AIRR reader next time we talk, but in the meantime I'm a little panicky.

I've been reading on here that people just aren't using incense enough in conjure. I have been lighting candles over a honey jar and decided to incorporate incense into that and other workings.

I took a little bit of Fire of Love incense, placed it into an incense bowl (black and squat with pentacles on the four sides), and lit a few spots with a lighter. It smoked a little bit but smelled more scorched at times than anything else.

Once the flames were out, my hand slipped and I dropped the incense bowl onto the carpet. Mind you, there was no fire started (it's just a mess to clean up) and the bowl did not break, but I'm wondering what (if anything) this means.

I can be a bit of a klutz. I also had Follow Me Boy oil still on my hand from anointing the candle I was burning over the honey jar, so that could be a factor.

Any advice would be great :) Thanks!
poeticone

Re: Dropped incense bowl, bad luck?

Unread postby Miss Phoenix » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi poeticone, This sounds like a simple accident to me. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Plus, it sounds like you will be able to speak with your reader soon enough and if anything is amiss your reading should be able to reveal that.

Best of luck!
Miss Phoenix
MissionaryIndependent.org/readings.html
Hoodoo Psychics: 1-888-4-HOODOO
Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Re: Smoking Mojo Hands

Unread postby Bewitching redhead » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:30 pm

Lara

I am waiting for my LM incense powders, but am making my husband a COS bag for school this weekend and was wondering what type of incense should I use while making it (to smoke it)? I have charcoal and traditional herbs and I have sticks. I also have LM COS oil, KS oil and Van Van OIl if that's helpful (I plan on dressing the mojo w/the first two oils and use them to feed it.
Bewitching redhead

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:24 am

Bewitching redhead: I usually smoke Crown of Success work in Crown of Success incense.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Bewitching redhead » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:46 pm

Joseph Magnuson

I haven't received my products yet :( They're supposed to be in sometime this week. I was hoping there was something I could use until then. I'm making two mojo bags and the second one I'm waiting until I get my supplies from LM.
Bewitching redhead

Unread postby Miss Aida » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:54 am

Good Morning, Bewitching redhead,
While your waiting, inscribed a small white (or yellow) candle (I say small because when you receive your LM products, you'll want to stat that work immediately) with the word: "Success" in a spiral fashion, in an odd number of times without a break in the words, It's usually 9 times but if you're waiting for your products, just use a smaller candle and fit that word as many times as possible. Anoint the candle with Crown of success oil.
Make a petition paper (see forum thread on petition papers) and anoint this in a 5 spot with the same oil. Fold accordingly. Place under the candle.
Then, pray. I LOVE praying the Psalms. Here is a list of them that will help you to decide which one to pray: http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... _of_Psalms
When the candle burns out, just repeat the spell until your products arrive.
Hope this helps
Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Find me on the AIRR website
http://readersandrootworkers.org
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Bewitching redhead » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:51 pm

Thank you, Miss Aida! I just finished it and will continue until I receive my products! :)
Bewitching redhead

Unread postby MarcPierre » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:34 pm

I like powdered incense, because it’s good for the home and outer side environment because after burning many insect has been killed.
MarcPierre

Unread postby TheWanderingFool » Thu May 08, 2014 9:03 am

Thought I'd share something I enjoy doing with the powdered incense, I like to shape it i to something symbolic of the work I'm doing like $ for money work or hearts for love work etc. I'll then light it and smoke the object I'm working with to further imbue them with the energy of the work.
TheWanderingFool

Unread postby Miss Aida » Fri May 09, 2014 10:03 pm

Hello, TheWanderingFool ,
WOW!
EXCELLENT idea! Thank you for sharing this with us!
Thank you ! I LOVE it!!
PROUD member of AIRR
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby TheWanderingFool » Sat May 10, 2014 4:44 am

Thank you Miss Aida, I'm glad you liked it.

I got the idea from how sachet powders can be used in different shapes and applied it to the incense. I usually use either a large ashtray, cookie sheet or put a piece of foil down on a heat resistant surface for something like this.

When doing love work I like to make the hearts very big and put what I'm working with like a love mojo or packet in the hollow area and allow the incense to burn around it. I do this to add a little heat to the work especially when doing new love.
TheWanderingFool

Re: Shelf-Life of LMCCo Loose Powder and Resin Incenses

Unread postby jon saint germain » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:07 am

Save your old medicine bottles AND the silica gel dessicant packs for storage. Recycle and save the planet. I think most of my wildcrafted herbs are in old med bottles.
Jon Saint Germain Graduate HRCC
Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers
Hoodoo Psychics
jon saint germain
Forum Moderator

Moroccan Anti-Evil Eye Incense

Unread postby Nixiac-Pharie » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:18 pm

Hello,

In Judika Illes book Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells she gives an incense formula for preventing the evil eye. It is supposed to be an extra strength spell incense. She gives the ingredients alum, benzion, coriander seeds, garlic, gum ammoniac, Syrian rue (uzarlik), juniper & sulfur. These are group up in a mortar pestle then the incense can be burned to prevent the evil eye. Is this mixture used in hoodoo & conjure work? If it isn't what incenses would be employed in hoodoo to prevent the evil eye?

Thanks

Nixi
Nixiac-Pharie

Re: Moroccan Anti-Evil Eye Incense

Unread postby angelael » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:16 pm

Nixiac,

If you go to herbs page, http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatherbs.html , and the incense page, http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatincense.html#resin , you can look up each ingredient and see how it is used in hoodoo. Some of the herbs used to ward off the evil eye are anise seed, aspand, basil, periwinkle, rue, and sage.
angelael

Unread postby Miss Aida » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:08 pm

Hello, Nixiac-Pharie,
You will need to look these herbs up yourself on the page that Angelael gave you.
Also try this page: www.luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html
Also, there are certain herbs that we don't use in Hoodoo.
And, there are certain things that are practiced in other arenas of spellcraft that are not practiced in Hoodoo.
Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby DoctorG » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:10 am

Nixiac-Pharie

You've been given answers by people who know more than I do, but let me add one thing I do know about: Don't burn sulfur indoors! And don't burn it around metal tools. The gas given off is sulfur dioxide, which smells like rotten eggs. Worse, it combines with water to form sulfuric acid, so breathing it is very bad for your nasal passages and lungs. And if you burn it in your garage, it will rust every piece of metal in there!
DoctorG

Re: General Loose Powder & ResIn Incense Questions and Answers

Unread postby Bewitching redhead » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:54 pm

I have a question regarding how much saltpeter I should use. I have 3-5 different herbs chosen from Cat's Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic book for a specific condition. I've added saltpeter to these ground herbs before, but it smokes super fast and winds up burning too fast as well. Obviously I've added too much- but I'm having trouble figuring out the right amount. :? Any advice for me? *I don't have an issue with making a larger quanity, as I will still use it.

Thanks in advanced! :)
Bewitching redhead

Unread postby Miss Aida » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:02 pm

Hello, Bewitching redhead,

Not more than 10% of Salt Peter should be added

Hope this helps.

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Bewitching redhead » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:46 pm

Yes thank you! :)
Bewitching redhead

Unread postby ProfessorAmes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:57 am

Hi Bewitching Redhead,

Just to add on to the saltpeter idea. You can also add your herbs and essential oils to one of Lucky Mojo's unscented incense bases. They come in different colors, too. They already have the saltpeter added in the right percentage. This might help get the results you are used to with Lucky Mojo incense, but still let you customize it to your own herbs and desires.

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatincense.html#unscented
ProfessorAmes
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cortana » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:46 pm

Is it okay to roll a normal incense stick like Nag Champa in the powdered Lucky Mojo incense blends?

I don't really like the smell of some of the powdered incenses, and sometimes they produce too much smoke for a tiny apartment.
∵.:*・☆.☆.。.:*,★ :*・∵.:☆.。.:*・:*・∵.☆:*・∵.☆.・∴.・∵☆:*・∵.:*・☆.☆.。.:*,★ :*・∵.:☆.。.:*・*・
Cortana

Unread postby Miss Aida » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Hello, Cortana,

Isn't Nag Champa a strong incense?

Nevertheless, you might want to experiment with just the very tip of the stick with the powdered incense.

I have no idea what the results may be. So, please be very careful with what I have even suggested.

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Naexis » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:41 pm

Well now I know what happens when you burn self lighting incense on a charcoal. :lol: I think my intention is what matters, anyway. Nice and quick. Any case, I smoked my bedroom with Love me/stay with me (in addition to some other preparations) a few hours ahead of my target's arrival. So now, to get rid of the out of the ordinary smell the window is open and the fan is running. I have salt across my windowsills, by the by. I guess I'm just wondering if letting out the smell amounts to letting out the energy I just worked to put in. I don't think so, but I am compelled to question myself.
Naexis

Unread postby Miss Aida » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:58 pm

Hello, Naexis ,

You're fine. You put it out into the universe!

And, by the way, I ALWAYS burn my incense outside.

I realize that he was coming to your house but my feeling is that some of the energy is still there while energy went out to many spirits.

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Break Up Spell in Toilet Using Feces Questions and Answers

Unread postby dppagc » Thu May 07, 2015 9:24 am

Can anyone explain to me what is love me incense?
dppagc

Unread postby mizjoannlee » Thu May 07, 2015 3:42 pm

It is used to make a current partner love you or love you more, as opposed to calling into your life a new love.

Incense can be burnt in the area where you intend to meet this person, like your bedroom. It can also be used to smoke letters or articles of clothing, or to create mojo hands you carry with you to promote a particular purpose, in this case, to cause your current partner to love you or love you more.

I would use it if my partner were getting bored or had a roving eye and I still wanted more.
Miss JoAnn Lee
#1730G
mizjoannlee

Unread postby aura » Thu May 07, 2015 4:05 pm

Hi dppagc,

in addition to mizjoannlee's advice and suggestions, you can also use Love Me incense to help bump a friendship up to the next level. For more on the products, there's a link to them here that has some great spell ideas: http://www.luckymojo.com/loveme.html

You can also find more on using incense generally in the informational page on the subject here: http://www.luckymojo.com/incense.html
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

What kind of incense do i use for...

Unread postby ChXsan12 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:21 pm

My ancensor altar? I am just starting an ancensor altar, and Im unsure of what kind of incense to use. Any suggestions will help.
Thank you.
ChXsan12

Unread postby Miss Aida » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:08 pm

Hello, ChXsan12,

Welcome to the forum!

If you get a chance 9and wish to do so), please introduce yourself on the introduction thread.

Here is my recommendation:

www.luckymojo.com/incense-spirit-guide.html

But you can also take a look at this page to see if anything else appeals to you: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatincense.html

Wishing you the very best

take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Master spell

Unread postby Mrniceguy » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:16 pm

I was wondering if I could master cook every dish on the menu @ my new job by smoking the menu in Master incense and anointing it with money drawing oil (5 spotting) & burning a green candle dressed in Money Drawing oil?
Mrniceguy

Unread postby Miss Aida » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:14 pm

Hello, Mrniceguy,

You can do everything except putting oils on the menus.

Instead, lightly dust them with the sachet. Here's how to do it:

www.luckymojo.com/powders.html

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby OldHag » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:30 pm

Hello,

Would anything bad happen if I put the incense powder on a charcoal disc?

Thank you
OldHag

Unread postby Miss Aida » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:41 pm

Hello, OldHag,

Many people use the incense on a charcoal disc.

In fact, I put petition papers over the charcoal discs and then top it with the incense. That way, both the petition along with the incense is taken up to Spirit.

www.luckymojo.com/incense.html#charcoal

So, you're good to go!
PROUD member of AIRR
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Innocence » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:47 am

Does the incense have to match the oil exactly when doing a spell? For example, is it ok to burn the Love me incense to enhance the energy while burning a candle anointed with Dixie Love or Chuparosa oil on a honey jar?
Innocence

Unread postby Miss Aida » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:33 pm

Hello, Innocence,

Of Course you can use the different incenses!

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby goldentouch97 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:48 am

Who can help me to find the right and the best psalms of david i can work with each of the following incense powders :
Uncrossing,Jinx killer,Blessing and crown of success.
goldentouch97

Unread postby Papa Newt » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:37 am

Hi goldentouch97

The AIRR's Book of Psalms page would be a great resource to find out. Check it out. :-)
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!
Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread postby GamesavyLB » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:22 am

Greeting luckymojo members I have a question please.

I have some normal protection incense and also some fiery wall of protection too.

1. Would they be OK to mix and burn together so I'm covered on all the angles?

2. Must I dispose of the remains straight away or can I leave the ash in my burner and keep adding more of the incenses on top for a week or so before I bury them in my back yard?

3. Is it paramount that they are wrapped in foil and actually buried directly into the earth rather than scattered loose on top it?

I have brought a brand new shovel so it's not an issue but just want clarification please.
GamesavyLB

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:47 pm

1) Yes, you may mix and blend incense powders and resins, just as we also do with herbs and oils.

2) You may let incense ashes accumulate.

3) Disposal of ashes may depend upon the type of spell you are undertaking and the prayers you recite. For instance, if a Psalm says something is to be scattered to the wind like chaff, that is how you would treat those ashes. Likewise, if something is to be buried in a grave, you would bury it. Also, if you were working a protection spell, it would be logical to spread the ashes neatly around the perimeter of your property or at the four corners, to mark your territory. Please see this web page I wrote as a chapter in my free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" on the deployment and disposal of ritual remains:

http://luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby GamesavyLB » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:16 am

Greetings to all

I was suffering crossed conditions a few months ago so I did a cleanse of my home using uncrossing incense in every room while reciting psalms 23 and then burned a mixture of both normal protection and fiery wall incenses together to secure the place afterwards. Although I had to seek professional assistance after to help me resolve my poor health caused by being crossed; The rituals I did myself did improve the vibe in my home drastically, it became so tranquil and positive.

I feel like my home could do with a little boost just to bring the energy back up to the level it has been at for the last 5 or so months but since I am no longer crossed thanks to the prossional work I had done, would it be sufficient to just use the two protection incenses and leave out the uncrossing one this time.
GamesavyLB

Unread postby natstein » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:48 pm

Hello GamesavyLB,

If this were me I go through and burn Blessing incense. Then after that is done go through with another round of protection! The idea is that you took out what was negative by burning the Uncrossing. Now you want to fill that void with Blessings and then protect that Blessing work!

Peace~

Nathen
natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread postby GamesavyLB » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:28 pm

Thanks a lot Nathen, I appreciate the words of wisdom.
GamesavyLB

Unread postby coastwitch » Tue May 31, 2016 10:03 pm

After thinking it over for a whie, I decided to take the advice in "Paper in My Shoe" by Miss Yronwode and burn a Psalm to ashes on some powder incense. The result was rapid, and I liked the way it felt doing this. Thanks for the tip.
coastwitch
coastwitch

Unread postby Catlady409 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:51 pm

Has anyone ever experienced a "floating" flame while burning loose powder/self-lighting incense? :shock:
I was working my honey jar and lit some incense and the flame just dances in the air for a good 20 seconds. Maybe just an optical illusion? A sign? Either way, that was quite strange...
Catlady409

Unread postby Miss Aida » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:55 pm

Hello, Catlady409 ,

That happens frequently. Especially if there's a little too much sulfur in the incense. Or if it's on a charcoal block, it will also happen. Or if there's herbs n the incense, again, that will happen.

If it keeps happening with the same behaviors, then I would view it as a sign

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Catlady409 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:29 pm

Thank you, Miss Aida. It has never happened to me before and I thought maybe I used too much powder in my little incense burner. The sulfur part makes sense!
Catlady409

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:18 pm

Hi, not suphur (that is stinky and toxic) but saltpeter.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Miss Aida » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:12 pm

OMG!

I knew that Sulfur didn't sound right after I had written it.

Thank God Miss cat watches over us.
PROUD member of AIRR
Miss Aida
Site Admin

how to make cones out of the incense powder

Unread postby happyla » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:04 pm

How do you make cones out of the incense powder in the kits, as indicated in the instructions??
happyla

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:12 pm

Once again, for those who want pictures of how to roll your own powder incense cones in paper and pop them out for use, the pics are at our sister-site, herb-magic.com:

http://herb-magic.com/incense-powder-cones.html
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Pink kisses » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:56 pm

I've tried 2 {separate} times to light my incense! and both times it doesn't burn down all the way. It seems to only burn 1/4 or 1/3 of the way, then it goes out. I don't know if its because I use it outside, or what. (I use it outside because I feel like if I burn it inside my apartment the fire detectors will go off)
When I use it outside, I try to do it on a day when it's not really windy.
Pink kisses

Unread postby Sister Jean » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:58 pm

Hello Pink kisses,

When I light Lucky Mojo loose incense, mine does the same thing. I just use a spoon to kind of mix it up and scoop up the unlit incense and dump it on top of the lit "cherry," so the rest burns. But sure, if you're burning it outside if there's wind, I bet that's influencing things too.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org
Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Devi Spring » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:38 am

You can also try packing your cone a bit tighter. I find I only have the partial burn issue if I'm not actually using a cone form of some kind (I like using an icing cone tip from the bakery section of the store). You still may find you have a bit left over, which you can, as sisterjean suggests, carefully put back onto the cherry.

Hope that helps!
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Pink kisses » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:51 am

Devi Spring & Sisterjean, thanks. I was wondering if maybe I needed to pack it tighter, I did feel as though I packed it. But I can alway try making it tighter. I didn't think about scooping the unlit incense onto the lit incense. I'll definitely try that
Pink kisses

PreviousNext

• Advertisement
Lucky-Mojo-Hoodoo-Rootwork-Hour-Radio-Show.com

Return to Incenses and Resins in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells