Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Questions About Lucky Mojo Baths, Washes, and Waters

How to use Lucky Mojo herb baths, crystal salt baths, and floor washes for cleansing, protection, love, health, and luck.
sparkel81

Re: General Questions About Lucky Mojo Baths, Washes, and Waters

Unread post by sparkel81 » Sun May 02, 2010 8:24 pm

Hi LM! i have a question, not sure if this is tha right spot for this but i'll try anyway...Well i was wondering have anyone ever heard of using apple cider vinegar and Baking soda to use as a cleasing bath ?? ur replies are appreciated :)

Frindle

Unread post by Frindle » Mon May 03, 2010 3:48 am

Hi sparkel;
I have a spiritualist friend who swears by apple cider in the bath (baking soda is an addition to this I have not heard- someone who knows more please add)

you add about 1/2 of the small bottle (maybe 1 cup) and soak for in warm water to draw out the negative energy.

She is a LMT and this helps "release" other people's pain and problems from absorbing into her consciousness.

I have used baking soda and epsom salts in a bath to relieve psychic residue overload, worked very well.

This is an incredibly helpful forum, I know you will find the help you need here.

HeactesHeart

Unread post by HeactesHeart » Mon May 03, 2010 2:28 pm

If you mix them together you will have a very smelly chemical fizzy reaction !

Coffee is a great cleanser too . Add a cup to your bath or pour it over your head in the shower.

chy clayton s

Unread post by chy clayton s » Mon May 03, 2010 2:43 pm

I thought it was coffee bean shells (called qishr) that were used for cleansing - not ordinary coffee?

buzzbabe

Unread post by buzzbabe » Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

You can also add salt with the vinegar and baking salt. And it if I'm not mistaken, you can use soap as though you're taken a normal bath with these ingredients.

Hopefully when you get your finances in order, you'll be able to purchase some of Draja Mickaharic books. -they offer a worth of information on amoung things ''cleansing': order

BOO-GRI-SPCM Spiritual Cleansing by Draja Mickaharic $12.95
A fabulous collection of recipes for Eastern European and Afro-Caribbean Catholic herb baths, floor washing rites, and egg magic to rid the home of curses and protect family members from the evil eye. 96 pages, trade paperback.

sparkel81

Unread post by sparkel81 » Tue May 04, 2010 10:24 am

Thanx everyone i really appreciate ur responses :D

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Sat May 15, 2010 11:58 am

Is it assumed one packet = one bath, or can one economize and make do with less?
HRCC Student #2174G

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat May 15, 2010 12:11 pm

You can get about two baths out of a packet.
HRCC Student #1559

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat May 15, 2010 6:21 pm

Yes, it will still be pretty potent if you cut it to two baths, but three might be pushing it. The bath crystals to water gallon ratio needs to be as large as possible! That's my opinion.

Good luck!

-joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Sun May 16, 2010 12:24 am

I'm one of those burly shower-only men, this is literally my first experience with bath crystals of any sort. Grunt.
HRCC Student #2174G

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Sun May 16, 2010 4:05 am

I do it the old-fashioned way: bathe in a bucket. Stand inside and pour water over myself, rub it upwards/downwards...etc. That way you use less water and I kind of find it easier to focus, if that makes sense.
HRCC Graduate #1610

merrygerry

Unread post by merrygerry » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:10 am

I sort of feel silly asking these questions but here goes anyway...

1. I got the LM nine-day herb bath for clarity and have followed the directions exactly and I get that the point is to let the water cleanse and infuse the body and head - I have medium-long hair and it drips for an hour - at what point can I wrap a towel around it - since the instructions mention the back of the head being important to the ritual, can I just wrap the ends of my hair without in any way compromising the effect of the bath?

2. I'm over 50 and have gray hair which I color - if you have it you know is a very different texture and drier than hair that still has pigment so I'm pretty dependent on "products" to keep it soft and from being a frizzy mess - what interval needs to be observed before applying the various hair products? And it kind of needs to be a little wet when the products are applied, so am I diminishing the benefits of the bath if I re-wet my hair to put on the conditioners and de-frizzing oils?

3. I've been trying to do the bath at approximately the same time each day, but was wondering if that was important or if I could vary it depending on any particular day's schedule? I know somewhere it's been said the baths should be done in the morning which I've been doing but yesterday the morning got away from me and I had to do it at night when I got home and that was quite late. I just finished the one for today so it wasn't even 8 hours in between yesterday's and today's.

I know these are mundane and not very spiritually based issues - I don't want to undermine the effect of the herbs but I also have some need to deal with hair issues.

Thanks for any advice.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:18 am

1. Yes, you can towel off your hair. Just let it air dry.

2. I would wait until your hair air drier - then spritz it with water to dampen and use your products. Perhaps add a bit of an appropriate condition oil to them, eh?

3. Try your very best to get the bath in at sunrise or "before sunrise" (i.e. after midnight - before dawn). You want the bath on your person throughout your day out and about in the world.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

merrygerry

Unread post by merrygerry » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:33 am

Oh golly, never thought of adding a condition oil - that's a good idea - any suggestions? King Solomon or something like that?

OK, so now I have a whole new question based on your response - I've been doing the bath when I get home from a 6 a.m. aerobics class - so basically around 7:30 in the morning - so I can do the bath BEFORE the class - then I come home and am sort of sweaty, is a quick shower going to undo everything? I guess I can just stay sweaty and depend on nice smelling powders - would that be the recommendation?

I know I'm turning something very spiritual into something that just sounds like "scheduling" and that isn't my intent, am just trying to figure out how to get the benefits from the baths within the realities of my daily routine.

Thanks for the response, very much appreciated.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:01 am

Hello merrygerry :)
merrygerry wrote:Oh golly, never thought of adding a condition oil - that's a good idea - any suggestions? King Solomon or something like that?
King Solomon Wisdom is an absolutely wonderful product to mix into hair conditioners and the like, I would suggest adding Crown Of Succses along with it.

Just wanted to throw at ya,lol.
HRCC Student #1559

merrygerry

Unread post by merrygerry » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:38 pm

Thanks - am going to be placing an LM order in the next few days, will add both of those to the list.

Speaking of adding oils, would it negatively change the effects of the herbs to add those oils to the bath water or is it more traditional / appropriate to keep the herb bath pure?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:42 pm

It wouldn't negatively effect it - but I think you're fine sticking with just that mixture for the series of days. If you want to maybe continue the upkeep of the effect of the series of baths afterwards, like with a weekly bath, then using the appropriate bath crystals would be fine. I would suggest getting the bath crystals rather than adding the condition oil to the bath, just cause it's easier and mixed appropriately already.

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:09 am

I'm getting ready to do a full mundane and spiritual cleansing of my home, something long over due. I have Money House Blessing crystals and Attraction crystals. I'd like to make up a big concentrated batch of the MHB and the Attraction crystals in bottle of water to add to the machines at the laundrymat on the rinse cycle for bed linens and curtains. My questions are these------how concentrated or diluted should a half packet of each be and how long can the sit in a bottle of water? The machines at my laundry mat are the front loaders so I can't open them during the cycle. I'll have to dilute the crystals in water and pour the solution into the rinse section of the detergent holder, so whatever solution I make will have to be concentrated. And I'm pretty sure I'll have left over solution so I'd like to just hang onto it if possible rather than having to dump it out. Any thoughts/suggestions?
Thanks and Praise to Dr. Hernandez, St. Jude and St. Anthony for all you have done, and continue to do on my behalf. My eternal thanks to you for your many blessings!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:53 am

I would also like to know more info about this subject. Anyone have any experience using the bath crystals with washing machines? I know they work wonders with hand washing...

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:24 am

You said you were doing spiritual cleansing...the items you listed are good for attracting peace and money into your home. Good ideas...great ideas really. But the idea of cleansing implies removing so are you cleaning first than drawing or drawing for now. Whichever is fine if that is what you intend to do.

To answer your question the packs of bath crystals can be used several time...on average three to four (but this is my experience) ...I have used them in a bath...and I have added them to my wash...according to their intended purpose. Also I have never diluted them and let them set...I normally use them as I need them. Mostly I pour them into mullein bags prior to bathing and use my bath water to wash clothes or floors etc.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

butchcomer
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by butchcomer » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:27 am

Maljen, I use bath crystals in my rinse cycle a lot. I have done it two ways. Sometimes I disolve the bath crystals into a small pot of water I have heated on the stove, I'll strain that into the machine during the rinse cycle. I'm sure instead of running from my kitchen to the laundry room, I could just botlle that up and save it for a load. You mentioned you have half a packet. That's how much I use for each rinse, so one packet of bath crystals gives me two rinses. Of course I think you could stretch it a bit. I would feel confident using about a third of a package per rinse. The second way I've used the bath crystals in the wash machine is my "lazy way" and that is when the machine starts to fill with rinse water, I just go ahead and add bath crystals straight from the bag, dumping them in. I like this method because whatever herbs might be in the mix come in contact with my laundry and eventually they end up in the lint trap of the dryer. Hahaha Another thing I always do is place a few drops of my favorite LM condition oil on dryer sheets!! All of these little tricks seem to work fine! I hope that helps!

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:19 am

butchcomer wrote:Maljen, I use bath crystals in my rinse cycle a lot. I have done it two ways. Sometimes I disolve the bath crystals into a small pot of water I have heated on the stove, I'll strain that into the machine during the rinse cycle. I'm sure instead of running from my kitchen to the laundry room, I could just botlle that up and save it for a load. You mentioned you have half a packet. That's how much I use for each rinse, so one packet of bath crystals gives me two rinses. Of course I think you could stretch it a bit. I would feel confident using about a third of a package per rinse. The second way I've used the bath crystals in the wash machine is my "lazy way" and that is when the machine starts to fill with rinse water, I just go ahead and add bath crystals straight from the bag, dumping them in. I like this method because whatever herbs might be in the mix come in contact with my laundry and eventually they end up in the lint trap of the dryer. Hahaha Another thing I always do is place a few drops of my favorite LM condition oil on dryer sheets!! All of these little tricks seem to work fine! I hope that helps!
Ooooo! I will have to try to oils on the dryer sheets. Didn't even think of that too!
Thanks and Praise to Dr. Hernandez, St. Jude and St. Anthony for all you have done, and continue to do on my behalf. My eternal thanks to you for your many blessings!

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:25 am

jwmcclin wrote:You said you were doing spiritual cleansing...the items you listed are good for attracting peace and money into your home. Good ideas...great ideas really. But the idea of cleansing implies removing so are you cleaning first than drawing or drawing for now. Whichever is fine if that is what you intend to do.

To answer your question the packs of bath crystals can be used several time...on average three to four (but this is my experience) ...I have used them in a bath...and I have added them to my wash...according to their intended purpose. Also I have never diluted them and let them set...I normally use them as I need them. Mostly I pour them into mullein bags prior to bathing and use my bath water to wash clothes or floors etc.

Well the linens aren't going into the rooms until after I've thoroughly cleaned, both mundane and spiritually, so they're going in after the cleansing and while I'm praying for new conditions. And the major things I want/need in my life now are financial stability and peaceful, stress-free work, home and relationships.

I'm adding a bit of Chinese Wash to the carpet cleaner I rented. After the two carpeted rooms are cleaned, they're getting blessed with a mix of Peace Water and the MHB & Attraction solution. Then after I move all the furniture and whatnot back in, I plan on burning a bit of an incense mix of the above, plus the small 4" candles anointed with Protection oil. Hopefully I'm hitting all the major areas I need to. I decided slightly spur-of-the-moment to take advantage of the 3-day weekend and really get the house in order and I haven't fleshed out my stock of oils, incense, crystals and powders completely yet.

Miss_Liz

Unread post by Miss_Liz » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:52 pm

What I've done, because I have a bad habit of spacing out and forgetting to add them, is I got a Downy Ball. It's a plastic ball you add fabric softener to and toss in at the beginning of the wash and it opens during the rinse cycle.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:19 pm

You can add a few pinches of the bath salts to the laundry before you start and it will dissolve when it washes.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

SageWanderer

Unread post by SageWanderer » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:55 am

I realize recipe out of Draja Mickaharic's 'A Century of Spells,' but I thought that Lucky Mojo would have sold this since they carry War Water; however, I did not come across this in the catalog. Perhaps this is specified under a different name? It's supposed to be taken in a bath to rid of heavy thoughtforms, etc.

Thanks.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:36 am

Draja's methods come from many different folk magical traditions, not just conjure. So it's very likely that recipe was either from a culture outside of the one's in which hoodoo is practiced, or it was one of his own devising. Since "thoughtforms" is not in the conjure vocabulary, I would guess that this is simply not a hoodoo trick, and therefore LM would very likely not carry it.

You could use their 13-Herb bath for any heavy personal cleansing that you need - adding some cascarilla can help add even more of an negativity-absorber and remover if you feel you need it. Using it for 13 days straight will give you the heavy-duty cleanse.

SageWanderer

Unread post by SageWanderer » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:28 pm

Interesting suggestion, Devi. I have recently started taking salt, baking soda, cascarilla and florida water baths and it has helped me A LOT with my current dilemma. I'm not sure if baking soda is a conjure ingredient, but it included in Draja's material. Anyways, thanks for the answer and I will look into the 13-herb bath as I've heard raves over it.

JasmineTalula

Unread post by JasmineTalula » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:36 pm

When doing a cleansing bath is part of the water thrown at the cross roads?

When doing this is this done at any cross road or at a junction crossroad?

Is this only done for cleansing baths or for attraction baths?

When cleansing baths is it best to throw part of the water to the west and east if increase?

thanks.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:19 pm

Baking soda is sometimes mixed in with other salts (epsom, sea, table) with cleansing baths.

13-Herb bath does rock!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:46 pm

Read about disposal here, JasmineTalula -- http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Not all people use a crossroads. But, yes, a crossroads is where two roads cross, like an X or a +.

Ritual disposal is imperative in spellwork as for a cleaning bath, which kind did you take -- an uncrossing, 13 Herb etc.? Was it in preparation for a spell, or simply a bath?

JasmineTalula

Unread post by JasmineTalula » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:30 am

No I haven't done any herbal baths yet I just trying to inform myself so when I do it I'm informed.
thanks.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:08 am

Read more about ritual baths here:

http://luckymojo.com/baths.html
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:25 am

Tar Water is traditional in conjure. However, like any petroleum product, it is also highly carcnogenic and if improperly disposed of it pollutes the soil and all waterways.

Furthermore, one bottle may be all you would buy, but as the makers of the product, we'd have to expose ourselves to thousands of bottles of it over our lifetimes.

Therefore, like other toxic and semi-toxic products from hoodoo's past, i do not wish to make it or carry it. My decision, solely. It IS highly traditional, however.
catherine yronwode

JasmineTalula

Unread post by JasmineTalula » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:37 am

Hi I want to make sure I use the correct product for beginners I dont want to use anything too strong Id rather gradually increase the intensity of the products I use, So for beginners what is the best bathing cleansing product to begin or start with.
Thanks.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:27 am

Read about the options for cleansing here, JasmineTalula:

http://www.luckymojo.com/baths.html

faith2008

Unread post by faith2008 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:32 am

I'm not sure what would be the best for beginners. I don't think there really is such a thing but I could be wrong. You can look through the page at the link below. It lists all the bath products and cleansing products at LM.

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbaths.html

I personally have done the 13 herb bath and also Hyssop which I loved them both. And routinely I bath in salt that I have prayed over and I sometimes add a few drops of Chinese Wash to my bath water. I also keep on hand the Octagon and Black Pullet soaps. I love them both. I think it depends on what you are wanting to rid yourself of.

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:22 am

13 herbs bath is always a good start to remove any negativity/baggage that might have built up in your life. then it'd depend on if there's a goal you have in mind, could be Road Opener or Van Van for general opening of opportunities and good luck. I always have these three at home.
HRCC Graduate #1610

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:59 am

Many people like to blend a bit of Uncrossing Bath Crystals with 13 Herb Bath mix and a drop or two of Chinese Wash -- a great three-way combination to remove past negativity and even curses, to cleanse and refresh, and to open the way for new good conditions.
catherine yronwode

SageWanderer

Unread post by SageWanderer » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:28 am

OK, thank you for that informative response, Cat. I would have to stand by your eco-conscious stance in opposing to carry the product.

Would you suggest the 13-herb bath as the appropriate substitute for clearing "thoughtforms"? Or is this concept absent from conjure?

Thanks.

JasmineTalula

Unread post by JasmineTalula » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:15 am

Thanks Cat

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:02 pm

I must admit 13 Herb does the job! You can do a search and read what others have said about it here in the forum.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:12 pm

Thanks for the info, Miss Cat. I hadn't run across it, and so figured it must be from elsewhere. That's what you get when you assume something. ;)

JasmineTalula

Unread post by JasmineTalula » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:22 pm

How do you dispose of the last 13th bath water?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:55 pm

At a crossroads, the same as other cleansing baths.

JasmineTalula

Unread post by JasmineTalula » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:07 pm

Also Is it best to purchase a compass to know where the correct directions of the cross roads is leading?
Or can you just dispose it in the center of the cross road.

KhonsuMes
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by KhonsuMes » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Hi Jasmine -

If you are disposing at (or near) dawn, just look for the brightest part of the sky or where the sun is then turn around as needed.

At least that is how it seems to work for me - toward the sun (to attract) or away (to rid).

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:23 pm

I sprinkle a pinch of bath salts into the wash when the machine starts the rinse cycle -- the laundry then spin-dries with the bath crystal essence included, and is dried in the dryer.
catherine yronwode

JasmineTalula

Unread post by JasmineTalula » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:24 pm

I would like to know if its best to spiritually cleanse a bathroom before spiritual cleansing yourself?
Also shoud what you use to wash the walls used to wash yourself or a little added to your bath?
Also when washing does one soak in th water then pour overyourself a recite the bible passage then say wish then dispose of water?
And if this is too much to explain is there any books on how to do spiritual baths correctly?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:52 pm

Chinese Wash is what you want. You can dilute it to wash floors, tiles, wall, and counters. A few drops added to your bath is also good.

WAT-CHI-GL04 Waters and Washes Chinese Wash, 4 oz. $5.25

Read this free "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" page on Chinese Wash

http://luckymojo.com/chinesewash.html

and this free HITAP page on bathing and cleansing:

http://luckymojo.com/baths.html

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

JasmineTalula

Unread post by JasmineTalula » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:46 am

Thanks khonsuMes

Also I live actually on a cross road -- is It ok to throw here or at one further away from me?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:46 am

Any crossroads will do.
catherine yronwode

SirSam28

Unread post by SirSam28 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:17 pm

Hello all, i have a question for the beginner bath cleansing..... I was told by my rootworker/santera that i should never wash with herbs..... is that a possibility? If so, can i use salts/baths without herbs?

thanks in advance for your thoughts on this!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Well, this forum is for discussing hoodoo, not Santeria - so we can't really comment on what your Santera told you. You should ask her about that.

However, in hoodoo, you often are using herbs to bath with. Either by steeping them in hot water to create a tea which is used in bathing, or herbs may be put into a muslin/cloth bag and put into a bath, or herbs may be mixed with bath salts and put into the bath. Some strain the herbs out of the bath, and others leave them in.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:31 am

SirSam28 -- Devi is right; we really cannot help you with understanding something a santera told you, but this work -- African American folk magic, is called "rootwork" because it is based on working with roots and herbs.

Good lucky to you!
catherine yronwode

SirSam28

Unread post by SirSam28 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:21 am

Thanks for the feedback

I'll ask and see............. i'll keep my future posts to rootwork :)

danger

Unread post by danger » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:43 pm

Hello! My boyfriend and I have a date planned this coming Friday. I want our date to be very romantic. I want to take a spiritual bath before our date using Come to Me or Love Me bath crystals. I want to know, is it best for me to take it that morning or should I take it a few hours before our date? Thank you!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:29 pm

I'd take it soon before the date, so that the scent remains on your body.
catherine yronwode

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:54 pm

I agree with cat...

RedRose

Unread post by RedRose » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:54 pm

When doing a cleansing is it true that you should buy brand new cleaning equipement like a new mop etc then these products should be thrown out after youve finished with them?

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Baths and Washes in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”