Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Gift Certificate Questions and Answers

Questions, answers, and discussions about the Lucky Mojo Curio Co.
heathernijoli

Email gift certificate possible?

Unread post by heathernijoli » Sun May 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Someone is interested in getting me a gift certificate and I wondered if there was an emailed certificate option so I could go ahead and use it without waiting on a paper certificate to come in the mail?

- Nij

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Email gift certificate possible?

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun May 03, 2009 8:32 pm

Yes, you can, if you get them to get the Invoice number and their customer name -- and intruct them NOT to have us snail-mail the gift certificte (so you won;t get it twice. Then you can use the gift certificat Invoice number when palcing your order.
catherine yronwode

heathernijoli

Re: Email gift certificate possible?

Unread post by heathernijoli » Sat May 09, 2009 8:41 am

Thanks!

kittynmoon

shipping added to gift certificate, then added at cart?

Unread post by kittynmoon » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:23 pm

It seems like you get charged shipping three times. Once, for the gift certificate., then in the cart when you buy it, then at the point when you redeem the certificate. I am confused. Can you please clarifity what is going on here?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: shipping added to gift certificate, then added at cart?

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:04 pm

This sounds WAY WRONG.

If it happened to you, you are definitely due a REFUND.

Please contact the shop! Ask for Della, Angela, or Robin.
catherine yronwode

kittynmoon

Unread post by kittynmoon » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:15 am

Why is a 25 dollar gift cert certificate then plus 10.00 shipping in the inventory in the complete inventory? I think I am not understanding something.

ABC-AAA-222
GIFT CERTIFICATES

ABC-AAA-333
ABC-GIF-0025 Certificate - Gift LMCCo Gift Certificate for $25.00 merchandise plus USA shipping $35.00
ABC-GIF-0050 Certificate - Gift LMCCo Gift Certificate for $50.00 merchandise plus USA shipping $61.00
ABC-GIF-0075 Certificate - Gift LMCCo Gift Certificate for $75.00 merchandise plus USA shipping $87.00
ABC-GIF-0100 Certificate - Gift LMCCo Gift Certificate for $100.00 merchandise plus USA shipping $113.00

kittynmoon

Unread post by kittynmoon » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:16 am

Perhaps the certificate pays for the shipping you would pay for as well so you get 100 dollars in merchandise and the shipping paid for as well with the gift certificate?

DestinyAndFate1
Gift Certificate Questions and Answers

Unread post by DestinyAndFate1 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:02 am

So I just had a cool idea, it would be really neat if LM started to sell gift cards, any ideas, or thoughts on this matter?

Never mind I see you sell GIFT CERTIFICATES

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator
Re: Gift Card Idea?

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:04 am

Lucky Mojo DOES sell gift certificates! Check them out at the very front of the catalog:

http://www.luckymojo.com/lucky-mojo-inventory.html

ABC-GIF-0025 Certificate - Gift LMCCo Gift Certificate for $25.00 merchandise plus USA shipping $35.00
ABC-GIF-0050 Certificate - Gift LMCCo Gift Certificate for $50.00 merchandise plus USA shipping $61.00
ABC-GIF-0075 Certificate - Gift LMCCo Gift Certificate for $75.00 merchandise plus USA shipping $87.00
ABC-GIF-0100 Certificate - Gift LMCCo Gift Certificate for $100.00 merchandise plus USA shipping $113.00

Doing actual gift CARDS is no fun because, nowadays, it seems like they need to be third-party approved...a Visa or Mastercard run system. The gift certificates are a great idea! Thank you for bringing this up...
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

preppieroots
Re: Gift Certificate Questions and Answers

Unread post by preppieroots » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi

I have a gift certificate that I would like to use, I am ready to check out with my items, but I cannot figure out what the "PIN" is on my invoice. I know I need to use the invoice number, but which number on my invoice represents the "PIN" ?

Also, this was a gift to me from my mother in law from last Christmas, she had ordered the $50 gift cert. to which she added $11 so that shipping would be covered, and so the total on my certificate is $61, how do I make that clear when I'm ordering?

Thank you for your help.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1530

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:26 pm

preppieroots wrote:I have a gift certificate that I would like to use, I am ready to check out with my items, but I cannot figure out what the "PIN" is on my invoice. I know I need to use the invoice number, but which number on my invoice represents the "PIN" ?

A gift certificate I recently received contains the following text:

On the order screen you will be able to redeem this gift certificate
by entering the following number and PIN values.
Number: [a letter and a ten-digit number] - PIN: [a four-digit number]
Expiration Date: [a year from the date of issue]

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele

preppieroots

Unread post by preppieroots » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:04 am

Hi Miss Michaele,

thank you for your help. I have the invoice for the gift certificate, and have tried locating a number like you've described but there is no number on this that has a letter and 10 digits.

There is the customer number, which has a letter and 5 digits, and there is the invoice number which has only 5 digits, and no letters.

The only 4 digit number on this paper is the payment account #, and it did not work when I tried plugging it in to the PIN box.

I have tried redeeming this certificate so many times that the order screen now says I have exceeded the number of allowed attempts.

I am officially lost at this point.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:29 am

PreppieRoots, how frustrating! (You must have a paper gift certificate; i've only ever had email ones.) Time to call Lucky Mojo, then.

Good luck,

Miss Michaele

preppieroots

Unread post by preppieroots » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:03 am

lol

Yes, mine is an invoice, I would have preferred an email certificate!

I just got off the phone with a very helpful and friendly lady (wish I could recall her name!). She walked me through it, and as it is not an email, there is no PIN for me to use. So I put the invoice number in the message area and explained that I was using a gift certificate. I had to use my own debit card to make the purchase go through, but when my order is processed, they will redeem the gift certificate rather than use my debit card.

So, anyone who is considering getting a gift certificate, my advice would be to get the email kind, as it sounds like a much easier route.

A big Thank You to the kind lady who helped me. :) And you too, Miss Michaele!

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:26 pm

preppieroots wrote:I just got off the phone with a very helpful and friendly lady (wish I could recall her name!). She walked me through it, and as it is not an email, there is no PIN for me to use. So I put the invoice number in the message area and explained that I was using a gift certificate. I had to use my own debit card to make the purchase go through, but when my order is processed, they will redeem the gift certificate rather than use my debit card.

Yes, they always find a way :)

A big Thank You to the kind lady who helped me. :)

The folks at Lucky Mojo are extremely helpful and courteous -- and they work fast and hard and rarely drop the ball. (When they do, of course, they pick it up again with a quickness!) And I know, when they get a minute, they'll make paper gift certificates as easy to use as email ones.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:03 pm

Actually, the only email certificates we send are to our moderators, and they expect them, so they know they are not fraud.

The public can only purchase paper gift certificates.
catherine yronwode

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “General Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Matters”