• Advertisement
Lucky-Mojo-Hoodoo-Rootwork-Hour-Radio-Show.com

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:33 pm

Graveyard Dirt Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.

Re: Graveyard Dirt Love Spell

Unread postby jwmcclin » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:05 pm

If your intent is to keep the effects of the spell with you, than yes, you are correct to bury it in your backyard.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Graveyard Dirt: Collection, Purchase, Uses

Unread postby Nighthawk01 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:59 am

Thanks so much to Jwmcclin for your reply. I love this young lady very much and would love to have her in my life forever. And treat her with the upmost respect. Am I saying my prayer right at night, or do I have to say it every night. It doesn't bother me to say it, just wondering. My mom is doing the same spell on a guy she really likes. But she is unable to sleep in her every night. Sometimes she has to sleep in the frontroom on account of back troubles. Does she need to place it under the couch at that time, or just keep it under the bed and sleep in there when she can. I know there is a web-site to go to, but I was hoping I could meet someone in person in this area that could help a little too. Right now I'm not to able to pay for the help online. Thanks.
Nighthawk01

Unread postby Nighthawk01 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:57 am

One last question and I'll have this spell completely understand, and thanks to all those who have answered. In this spell? Do I leave it under my bed until she comes to me and we get married or do I place it there for a certian amount of time then bury it. If so, How long? Thanks.
Nighthawk01

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:06 am

Nighthawk0, i am not sure what "Graveyard Dirt Love Spell" you are using, but the one that i know and teach does not involve burying anything at any time or in any place.

Please read (or re-read) the material here, in "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice":

http://www.luckymojo.com/lovespells.htm ... attraction

As you can see from what i wrote, you sprinkle the Graveyard Dirt on yourself when you go to be near the one whom you wish to attract.

This is a very clear and simple spell, and is a staple of African American conjure practice.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby Nighthawk01 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:39 am

Thank you for the insight, Catherine. I really appriecate it. I will try putting a little bit on myself. I do have a question tho. You said, you never heard of burying the dirt on The Graveyard Dirt Love Spell? Once it's placed under the bed, then what? Is it left there forever or what? That's the part I don't get. Some of the people on this site say to seal it, Bury it in the backyard. Once it placed under the bed, and she comes to me, had do I seal it or is it already sealed? Hopeful I can take your course soon. I am burning green candles with dollar signs I have placed on them. I put a little bit of 100% olive oil on it and once lit I say: "Money grow money flow, candle burn watch me earn, money grow money flow what I want is mine" 3 times. I am on a fixed income and needed money bad. I am on disablity, but been writing children picture books for years. I have been trying to get them marketed, hopefully, this will work. I would love your input on any of this. I just want to get to where I can help myself and other's. Cause if I'm down, I can't help anyone else up.
Nighthawk01

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:56 am

What do you mean seal it? I don't know what you mean by sealing the graveyard dirt.

I am not sure where the confusion is, the work is done with the graveyard dirt by placing it under the bed (with that green paper and Vandal), or by sprinkling it on yourself. There are a great many love conjures that involve placing remains or work under the bed to keep the person coming back to your bed. It's as simple as that.

Please also remember that this is a Lucky Mojo product forum. I understand that you are on a fixed income, but please understand this isn't a "come get a free spell" forum, or a board about how you are using olive oil in your work. This forum is aimed specifically at teaching you to do work with Lucky Mojo products.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Nighthawk01 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Thanks, and sorry. I also have Money drawing oil I bought from mojo, would that be more able to work it. I know it's not a free spell site, and again, I also sorry for that. I was just told by someone on here after place the remains under the bed to bury them. I just want to make sure I was doing it right. I know if you're not careful, you can get into alot of trouble with the spirits... I do know that much. I'll just leave the dirt under the bed. I love this young lady very much and just don't want to mess it up or lose her once I complete the spell.
Nighthawk01

Unread postby MadamRhino » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:35 pm

I got a quick question-
When I visited my family in south carolina, a couple of years ago, my mom and I visited my my great grandama and grandpa's grave. I didn't know why, but I collected dirt to bring home and it is on my altar. Since I did not know ettiquette
I left no payment. Is there something that I need to do? Can I make payment here in Washington state?
Thanks for the previous sharings.
MadamRhino

PostThis post was deleted on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:29 am.

Unread postby Nighthawk01 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:56 am

On the Graveyard Dirt Love Spell. The first week of doing it, I dreamed of being attack by Spider's. I could feel them and all. I am truly afraid of spider's. I won't go near them. I woke with my heart racing and in a cold sweat. Is this a sign of it working. Plus, when I first started the spell, My name went on top and her's on the bottom. When I added a little more dirt and vandal root to the spell, her name was on top and mine on the bottom. Is this a good sign. I know there isn't no free spells. But these are signs I recieved and wanted to know if they meant anything. I have had a couple of dreams of us being together. But nothing lately. Thanks for any and all help.
Nighthawk01

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:36 am

Nighthhawk01, of the 20 posts you've made they've all been about what you call the "graveyard dirt love spell." At one point you've made some remarks about the HRCC requirement of talking to someone of African American descent, but that was also part of the overall question and had to be split into its proper place.

You are obviously very fixated--not a healthy place to do any type of spell work.

Now, first this thread is about gathering graveyard dirt and some of its general uses, not about your "love spell," nor about interpreting dreams. There is a separate thread for that.

Second, you can get a reading to find out more about the work that you are doing and how it is progressing and what signs may mean what.

Third please remember this is a Lucky Mojo *product* forum.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Digging for graveyard dirt...and I found...glass?

Unread postby Lunalamia » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:09 pm

Hello to all,

For all of us who have gotten far enough to venture out and get some graveyard dirt for hoodoo work....a question...

What did you find when you dug down a bit for some graveyard dirt? Just dirt? Or anything else?

I came across a bunch of different colors of broken glass pieces.
No matter where I dug, glass....and I tried a lot of spots.
Now you might think...oh no...she didn't ask, or forgot to pay, or get permission.
I did, even had a red-headed woodpecker fly over and land just above my head and squawk and sing when I did ask. I brought gifts and paid money too.

Now my intuition tells me that this is probably no accident, but ya never know.
The grave is one that is old, over 100 years, old cemetery.
But it is known to me. And she, the deceased, does have a brand new headstone that was not there last time I was last year. Looks real nice too.

There are a lot of broken bottles around the area, from a few people camping out here and there in the brushes, but this seemed like a rather high concentration of glass right there. Like 3-4 pieces in each 2"-3" dig...and deeper.

The soil is eroding there, muddy, she is on the outer edge of the embankment that slopes down sharply. Were they just trying to build up the area w/ more dirt? There has been a major re-vamp of the entire side of the cemetery due to erosion.

I wonder why the glass though? Any ideas? Any Hoodoo you know of that points to that? Family trying to keep out hoodooers....just a bad re-dig for the new stone....any bad juju itself?
The space did NOT feel negative at all...and I feel that right off when it is...and I got a lot of positive signs, other than the glass.
Would love to hear what anyone thinks, and what you have experienced with your graveyard dirt gathering...

Thanks,
Laura
Lunalamia

Re: Digging for graveyard dirt...and I found...glass?

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:57 am

There is an entire thread on graveyard dirt and glad you very descriptive in your post about payment, etc.
Vandalism is my answer. We have a graveyard in my area where the graves date back to the 1600's. Teenagers, young adults, partying, drinking (glass bottles) and being foolish idiots, go into this cemetery and knock over headstones and litter with their beer cans and bottles. Maybe it is part of some "initiation thing", who knows. It is foolish and disrespectful and illegal.
The erosion you mentioned could be from high levels of rain water. You mentioned it was on a slop, too. Someone else may have a better answer for glass in a graveyard, but this is mine.
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:18 am

Perhaps it was the left over glass from a Fiery Wall of Protection spell. I wonder if all the glass came from a broken saucer! Perhaps you aren't the only one using that particular grave site/stone!?

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:01 am

What a great response Joseph! I was focused on the word "glass". That is a very good answer!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Lunalamia » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:51 am

Thanks Triplethreat and Joseph. I did check the graveyard dirt list before posting this. I did a search first.
It is long! Nothing on glass though. Nothing like this at all.

The glass is a LOT. Like in one handful of dirt, several pieces, 6-10. I dug in several places on the grave, and found 1000's of pieces, all colors...brown, blue, green, clear and white.
All sizes, all broken bits, not all bottle glass...not like a vigil candle though...not thick enough. Could be a saucer...but it is like 100's of saucers and bottles then.

Last year I went, I go every year...sometimes more than once.
There was NONE there then. Not on this grave.
It was clean. And the bigger bottles around are further down the hill, and most not broken.
Yes, the erosion is from rain...a lot this year. There is a clean up effort there now, hence the digging and new headstone.

I just wondered about any hoodoo that would involve leaving broken glass, and burying it all over a grave, down to 6 inches deep...or more. I didn't go deeper than that.
Thank you both for your replies.
Lunalamia

Unread postby Lunalamia » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:44 pm

Any Lucky Mojo people have any ideas about the glass in the graveyard dirt?
Lunalamia

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:04 pm

Could be a variety of things. Which region to do you live in?

In some places in the south people break certain objects over the grave of the recently dead to help them settle into their new life by having some of the things the brought them comfort while they were alive. These include various glass trinkets, bottles of their favorite alcohol, etc.

There is also a chance that someone's buried or broke a bottle spell or similar remain on the grave.

Or it could just be pretty glass--it does happen.

It really could be so many different things that it is difficult to tell.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Can I have someone buy graveyard dirt for me?

Unread postby BellaMars » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:36 pm

I have the chance to obtain some graveyard dirt from the grave of my grandparents who loved me very much. They are buried in another country and at this time and my father is there for a visit.

Can I ask him to buy some graveyard dirt for me? How do I go about doing so? Do I ask their spirits from here if they would mind? Or do I need to tutor my father somehow on how to buy the dirt for me by leaving 3 dimes and I was thinking that he can leave johnny walker red for my grandfather and vodka for my grandmother (their favorite drinks) and a ponsietta plant.

Also how much can I get? I dont think I have ever read about how much people take. I would like to have it available if I ever need it, would a small jelly jarful be too much? I ask because I dont have any loved ones buried in the ground in the US. They are in marble mausoleums in this country.

Please advise. Thank you so much!
Thank you St Anthony & St Martha for your help during my time of need
Thank you St Dymphna for helping on my behalf
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
BellaMars

Re: Can I have someone buy graveyard dirt for me?

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:23 pm

My wife and I have had the same question rolling around in our brains for sometime now. Sara has been tracing our ancestors back through time, and all of mine have come from Sweden...hers from England, France, and Croatia. Interesting and relevant question BellaMars... Can;t wait to see some answers to this query!

..and to all readers, Lucky Mojo has excellent "all-purpose" Graveyard Dirt available on the site: http://www.herb-magic.com/graveyard-dirt.html

-Joseph M
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby BellaMars » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:34 pm

I should have pointed to that link in my initial post. I do have that as well but there are some spells that you can work only with the graveyard dirt of someone who loved you in life or the spells can be more powerful if you can attain some of that graveyard dirt.

I am hoping someone with experience, a moderator or Cat will provide us with an answer. My grandparent had only 2 grandchildren, me and my sister and they loved us very much and would do anything to help us in life and in spirit. It also helps that they believed in this working with spirit help in life as well.
BellaMars

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:39 pm

I definitely got your first post and DEFINITELY understand working with the particular graveyard dirt of ancestors and relatives... I just wanted to add the link for anyone wanting to read more about/buy some graveyard dirt. Also, I am hoping this question will get answered for you (myself, as well), and while this does pertain to working WITH Lucky Mojo products, it is not specifically ABOUT a Lucky Mojo product---as per the instructions of the forum. I was just adding some Lucky Mojo spice to the thread to continue it's existence!

Good Luck!

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby BellaMars » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:08 pm

Thanks Joseph for adding that link. I had meant to add it to my original post is what I had meant to say for the same reason you mention bc technically this post is about a NON LM product. BUT hopefully due tot he nature of this particular curio it wont get deleted, I hope!

We still would need to use products from LM with the graveyard. The spell I would be interested in performing is one found on LM. The spell included graveyard dirt of a relative who loved you and vandal root. Write out both names on a piece of paper and then add the graveyard dirt along with the vandal root. Wrap ingredients in green paper and put it under your bed.

I will say one thing ...I bought the Vandal Root from LM and really wish they put a BIG warning on it about the SMELL. OMG not a pleasant smelling herb! lol
BellaMars

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:16 pm

I have had people obtain needed graveyard dirt for me. Mny of us share or distribute special graveyard dirt, for instance, at the monthly HRCC homework parties.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby BellaMars » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:29 pm

Thank you Cat for your response. So would the person actually getting it for me, in my case my father, do the bidding and paying? Would I have to do anything to ask or prepare my grandparents spirits from here?

Hmmm I just thought its kind of silly to ask this on the forum bc either way I plan on praying/talking to them and ask them for their permission before even asking my father to get it. I still think the most magical words ever uttered are 'please' and 'thank you' :) Im glad there is a way for me to obtain it, I feel it would be a very strong ingredient in some spells for me.
BellaMars

Graveyard Dirt for Boss...

Unread postby daughter_of_flynn » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:10 am

Hi,

I recently purchased some LM Graveyard dirt and Goofer dust. I have been having ongoing issues with my one boss at work. He always harasses me, and only me and I am really over it. This has been going on for over a year and I've bit the bullet and can't anymore. It has come to ridiculous and I was wondering if there is a spell I could do with either goofer dust or graveyard dirt to cross him. He is getting his own store as a store manager and me along with other fellow employees know he doesnt deserve it. Not to mention, he has said really really inappropriate things and made my working life a living hell.

I also purchased a Boss Fix honey jar from LM and am working that...I have a personal item from this particular manager...it's his dogtag. Not sure if I could use it or not...any advice is appreciated :| ...
thanks!
daughter_of_flynn

Re: Graveyard Dirt for Boss...

Unread postby Dr Johannes » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:44 am

Anything from his body, touched by him, made by him or belonging to him can be used.

There are many ways to cross him up, dominate him and humiliate him. HC course teaches many and a lot can be found in "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic". And this forum is filled with them. But having to look around on ones own might determine if they are the right thing to do. If you find that you don´t care to look for them, you might not be ready or able to work them effectively. Then stick to the Boss Fix Honey Jar and work it good until he changes his ways towards you.

//Dr. Johannes
Need Help? I am on AIRR --
www.readersandrootworkers.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ReadersandRootworkers
Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:43 pm

#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby daughter_of_flynn » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Yup, I sure did...I also did a honey jar, however I don't think this is going to matter with this particular boss due to the fact he has major issues with me...
daughter_of_flynn

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:03 pm

It hasn't even been a week yet ;). Give it some time and have confidence in your work! :)
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Luvsart » Sat May 14, 2011 3:22 pm

I have a question about buying the graveyard dirt, be it from a relative or someone else. When you go to ask the spirit if they will help you with the specific situation you are looking for help with, how will you know if they will want to help or not?
Luvsart

question regarding graveyard dirt & intention

Unread postby bubslove » Wed May 18, 2011 6:37 am

Hello everyone,
A couple months ago my younger brother passed away from a drug overdose after a lengthly battle with addiction. He was 20. I bring white roses and lilies to his grave every week. White being symbolic of purity and being "clean" ( which is what he what he was for 150 days before using one last time & he tried for so long to be)

So anyway, I was thinking in honor of his birthday that just passed, I wanted to make a garden in honor of him somewhere on my property as he enjoyed gardening with me. I wanted to plant the white roses and lilies, as well as Mays birthflower. I'm getting a garden stone that reads "for my robby- as this garden blooms, may I think of you. You're always my sunshine." I wanted to take some of the dirt from his grave and plant it with each flower. Is this a good idea? I've read that graveyard dirt is usually used for harming, but what if my intention is to honor him? And if so, should i collect from a certain area of the grave? ( head, foot, heart?) Is there any oils or incense that I should get such a blessing? Any input appreciated. Thanks so much and sorry if this was too long.

Bless,
Holly
bubslove

Re: question regarding graveyard dirt & intention

Unread postby Devi Spring » Wed May 18, 2011 8:03 am

Your memorial garden idea is quite beautiful and will be a lovely tribute.

Graveyard dirt isn't always used to harm, it's used as a link to a particular spirit. How you get that spirit to work for you is dependent on the nature of the spirit and the nature of your work. Graveyard dirt can be used in healing or love or protection work, just as easily as it can be used in crossing work.

You can read a great deal of info about collecting graveyard dirt from this thread:
graveyard-dirt-collection,-purchase,-uses-t5465.html

You may also wish to consider gathering some dirt from different locations that brought him joy and peace and incorporating that into the garden as well.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby bubslove » Wed May 18, 2011 8:49 am

Thank you! thats a really good idea about collecting dirt from other places as well. And that link you directed me to, the date of the posts were February 14th- his death day. so I thought that was an odd coincidence. Also, I read in another thread here (not sure which one) that sometimes when someone dies young their spirit can be restless. You don't think ill disturb him more by taking his dirt? He's shown signs that he's around, not in a "nuisance" kind of way though. In that same thread a person suggested to wash the headstone in Florida water or annoint with blessing oil. I'm thinking of burning a white candle for him. Should I do anything like this with the dirt I take? Or anything I should place in the garden or plant there? Thank you again ( :
bubslove

Unread postby Turnsteel » Wed May 18, 2011 12:35 pm

bubslove wrote:Thank you! thats a really good idea about collecting dirt from other places as well. And that link you directed me to, the date of the posts were February 14th- his death day. so I thought that was an odd coincidence. Also, I read in another thread here (not sure which one) that sometimes when someone dies young their spirit can be restless. You don't think ill disturb him more by taking his dirt? He's shown signs that he's around, not in a "nuisance" kind of way though.

In regards to disturbing him. I was taught, and I believe that one should give the dead, specially those that "died badly" time to rest and become used to there new state of being before bothering them. So while I generally find it ok to pray for a spirits rest and peace and light candles for that immediately after their passing, I believe one should generally wait three years or so before working with a spirit.That said, your idea,I think, is do-able. Make sure to ask him before you take any dirt and to pay for it properly and so long as he agrees, I think you'll be fine :)

bubslove wrote: In that same thread a person suggested to wash the headstone in Florida water or annoint with blessing oil.

As for washing down his headstone, I would use Holy Water rather then Florida Water myself.

Devi Spring wrote:You may also wish to consider gathering some dirt from different locations that brought him joy and peace and incorporating that into the garden as well.

bubslove wrote: Or anything I should place in the garden or plant there? Thank you again ( :

I think Devi is spot on here. If your brother went to church and had a good relationship with that community consider mixing some dirt from that church in with his dirt, I've found that helps greatly in soothing a spirit and helping them find peace.

bubslove wrote: I'm thinking of burning a white candle for him.

A white candle dressed with Blessing or Holy oil and heartfelt prayer is one of the best things you can give a spirit who died badly, I whole heatedly support this idea.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Wed May 18, 2011 9:02 pm

I cannot praise 711 Holy Oil enough for these purposes. Dress some white candles with this oil and light them in his honor as you go about doing the lovely suggestions given here.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Wed May 18, 2011 9:12 pm

Great information here.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby bubslove » Fri May 20, 2011 10:40 am

Thank you everyone for taking time to share you're knowledge with me. I greatly appreciate it. I'll put an order into luckymojo tonight ( :
bubslove

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sun May 22, 2011 10:59 am

Great thread...great answers from Devi, Ali, and Turnsteel. Thank you all!

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Signs from a spirit

Unread postby Luvsart » Sun May 22, 2011 3:19 pm

I have a question about buying the graveyard dirt, be it from a relative or someone else. When you go to ask the spirit if they will help you with the specific situation you are looking for help with, how will you know if they will want to help or not?
Luvsart

Re: Signs from a spirit

Unread postby Apollo Dark » Sun May 22, 2011 3:23 pm

They way I know is I feel a warmth or pressure in my chest. A prompting from the spirit in my heart.
AIRR Member
Hoodoo Psychics Member
SID# 1583 Graduated Apprentice
Apollo Dark
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Luvsart » Sun May 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Dr Dume wrote:They way I know is I feel a warmth or pressure in my chest. A prompting from the spirit in my heart.

So I suppose the feeling can be different for everyone.
All my family has crossed over, my brothers, my parents, Grand parents etc. I wanted to use my brothers GYD with the vandal root on a love spell, but here's the thing, what if he doesn't like that person for me? We are talking about relatives who loved us and they are protective of us and would want whats best for us. Just a thought that went through my over active mind :lol:
Luvsart

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Sun May 22, 2011 6:15 pm

Working with spirits, be they the spirits of the dead or otherwise, requires you to have at least some ability or skill in spirit-communication. This can be via divination methods, clairvoyance, etc.

I always suggest developing such skills first and foremost before trying to work with spirits, especially chthonic ones.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

The Graveyard Dirt I Collected Smells Bad -- Why?

Unread postby AGilpin1 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:05 am

Ok I have bought graveyard dirt many times and never had any problems or unusual smell.

I went out of town to visit my Grandfather's grave and brought him his favorite Scottish Whiskey, cigar and 3 pennies. I also left 3 new pennies for his mom, my great-grandmother (they are buried together) and everything went fine.

I got home and the dirt really stinks. At first I thought maybe some of the grass in the dirt was making it stink but it does'nt smell like decaying grass. It reminds me of an old trash smell.

The grave was not disturbed in anyway and they both were happy I was there and were fine with me taking the dirt.

I don't know if the smell means a spirit hitched a ride back or if something is wrong with the payment and I have to get new dirt.

Like I said this is the first time I have ever had graveyard dirt smell bad, wet or dry, and a small whiff will give me a headache.

I really do not know if it means something or nothing. Thanks for your time thinking on this for me.
AGilpin1

Re: The Graveyard Dirt I Collected Smells Bad -- Why?

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:06 am

I think you have answered your own question. There should be no odd smell -- and if there is, it would seem to indicate that the spirit of something or someone else is attached to it.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby AGilpin1 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:04 pm

Thank you Cat for confirming my suspicions I thought that was just really weird.
Just a quick update on what I did. I took the dirt to the crossroads to dispose of it. I repaid for the dirt and simply stated that I decided to go another way with my plans. Oh and lucky me I got to wave at the tons of cars that suddenly drove by on my once isolated crossroads!
AGilpin1

Gravedirt?

Unread postby LotusRavyn » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:11 am

Hi, If I pay for grave dirt with dimes do they have to be mercury dimes? and what uses am I paying for? and do the pennies have to be indian head? (I'm not sure where to pose this question) I was asking so I know how many dimes and pennies to purchase, or if I should get bottles to hold the dirt in instead. Should I dress the coins with the corresponding oils or simply state my intention? I'll read the online book again incase I simply missed the answer I'm looking for.
Lotus Ravyn (Angela)
Blessed Be
LotusRavyn

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Angela,

As far as I know the coins do not need to be Indian-head pennies or Mercury dimes, though it certainly won't hurt if you decide to use them. You can use one coin, two coins, three coins, or even 9 coins...what feels right to you? Depending on the placement of the coins for payment, you may decide on a certain amount of coins. One for a hole, two for "top" and "bottom" of grave-site, three for triangle, etc, etc.

You are paying for the acquisition and use of the persons graveyard dirt for your work, whatever that may be.

If you would like to store the graveyard dirt in bottles you certainly can! Make sure to dry it out properly first (check back in this very topic for more posts on drying).

Dressing the coins with oils and/or stating your intention is up to you... When my wife and I have done cemetery work we have been respectful, open, receptive, and quiet and there is always a "pull" for us...

I would humbly suggest to you (if you are interested, of course) that perhaps enrolling in the Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course will be a very valuable asset to you in your future work and endeavors. It has been for me.

I hope I helped you... I'm looking forward to others responses to you, as I am certainly not the most learned worker on these boards.

Thank you for the question...it is an important one and I'm glad you decided to ask here first before going and getting the dirt. Very smart!

-Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Nighthawk01 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:06 am

I just want to know something? I am doing a love spell with graveyard dirt. Not much luck yet... Is there one on money with a usage on graveyard dirt? Thanks
Nighthawk01

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:04 am

Hello Nighthawk01,

There seems to be a fixation on your part with working with graveyard dirt. While working with the spirits of the dead is certainly a huge part of conjure, you need to have the skill to work with such spirits. If you are not garnering results, especially since you've been at this same types of work for a while, then you may simply not have the skill to work with such spirits.

I suggest taking some time learning some more about the tradition and how it works with spirits. Also consider working with other elements of conjure to help your situation(s): candle magic, spiritual baths, sneaky tricks, container spells etc.

You'll find Money Drawing, Wealthy Way, Prosperity, and Money Stay With Me great products to work with for your situation.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

How to Collect Graveyard Dirt From a Tomb or Mausoleum

Unread postby zenrez » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi Everyone,
I had a question about collecting graveyard dirt from a person who is buried in either a tomb or Mausoleum. How is it done? Just curious.
thanks
Zen
zenrez

Re: How to Collect Graveyard Dirt From a Tomb or Mausoleum

Unread postby Mama Micki » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:52 pm

Take some dirt from outside the tomb. Make sure you pay for it.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Re: How to Collect Graveyard Dirt From a Tomb or Mausoleum

Unread postby jwmcclin » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:25 am

Also, ZenRez, read further (http://www.luckymojo.com/graveyarddirt.html)
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Love Potion No9 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:57 pm

I have an odd question.. I have obtained Grave Yard Dirt from the grave of 2 relatives. BUT the reasons why they are buried is due to Suicide over love issues. My question is, would this be a good idea to use in Love Spells since they know the hurt from unrequited love? But Im hesitant to do so considering the negative aspect of their deaths. Any suggestions?
Love Potion No9

Unread postby Emjae » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:06 am

That is a really interesting question and I would love to see the answer as well. On the one hand they could be more willing to help you in light of their own failed relationships and on the other hand they may be bitter. I would really love to see a more experienced worker reply to this one
Thank you Saint Martha, Saint Jude and Saint Anthony! Words are so small!!!!
Emjae

Unread postby jazzie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:39 am

i searched for this and didn't find an answer so here it goes
wanna know if in traditional hoodoo, rootworkers usually bury remains (meant to be disposed in the graveyard) at night...
if so, is this 'nigh' meant to be from midnight until dawn or from dusk (before midnight) till dawn
thanks a bunch...
jazzie

Unread postby jazzie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:51 am

mmm....
very interesting thread..
if i read correctly,

1) people tend to pay with a silver dime when taking graveyard dirt from a spirit...however, to understand...

2) you can either bury something in the graveyard (pay the keeper) or,

3) bury the item in a particular grave (pay the spirit)...

is this correct?

4) for burying something in the grave, i think that the payment is whiskey and three dimes, are these three dimes also buried?

another thing,

5) for rootworkers who usually do graveyard work, do the rootworkers usually stick with one graveyard and go back to it?

6) a lot of the spells state that once you bury something, you should not look back...i wonder if rootworkers go back to the same graveyard later for another graveyard work or look for a different graveyard.... seems counterintuitive to go back to the place you ve buried something but i don't know...

thanks a bunch!

thanks a bunch
jazzie

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:59 am

Jazzie, you are pretty mixed up on this stuff. I suggest you take the time to either read up on it here:

http://luckymojo.com/graveyarddirt.html

or pay a rootworker such as myself for a half-hour session of magical coaching so that someone can explain it to you. There is a lot more to say, but here are quick answers to your questions:

1) No, usually three coins, not one. Dimes are favoured, but pennies and quarters are common, as are 9 coins. These are family traditions and they vary from family to family.

2) No. In Afro-Caribbean tradition, but not in typical Southern conjure, you may make two payments, one at the gate, one at the grave. Most Americans do not do this.

3) No, you need not bury the offering. It is quite common in the South to lay the coins on the headstone. These are family traditions and they vary from family to family.

4) Whiskey is optional, coins more common, burial more common than not, but absolutely not demanded. These are family traditions and they vary from family to family.

5) Yes, that's pretty typical of those who live in small towns; they'll especially go where their people are buried.

6) You may be having a problem with English. To LOOK BACK is not the same as to GO BACK. To LOOK BACK means to glance back over your shoulder as you leave. The fact that going back to visit your Grandfather again after working with him before seems "counterintuitive" to you signifies that you are not of this culture and have yet to meet and learn from people who are actual practitioners.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby jazzie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:24 pm

the deal with paying the keeper...vs paying the spirit
i asked a rootworker on another hoodoo group about working with the graveyard
and she said that you could either a) bury it in the graveyard and pay the keeper or
bury it in a grave and pay the spirit..
she said those were two options...so i just wanted clarification here bc
reading the posts on graveyard work, i hear about people burying things in the graveyard....
i didn't know if this meant burying it in a particular grave or burying it in just the graveyard..

again, when i asked this...i was told of the two options above...
but..something told me that this was off, so i decided to ask in the forum...

i think that mama starr, says about paying both the keeper and grave...
thanks a bunch...cat
jazzie

PreviousNext

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Hoodoo, Conjure, Training Workshops

Return to Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork