Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Greeting from California

Dnooage
Newly Registered

Greeting from California

Unread post by Dnooage » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:30 am

Hello, have been lurking around for a bit and realized this is the place to be so greetings. I'm a twenty five year self-described urban hippie from a suburb in los angeles.

The last few years have been a whirlwind to say the least and I knew I was on a path of finding my spiritual practice during it all and now that it has settled down a bit. I wouldn't have guessed to I was going to find myself in hoodoo.

I've done ancestry research in the past but my urge was rekindled to take it to the next level because I knew my roots would hold a answer. I reached out to relatives I've never spoke to, my mother was cut off from ALL family, it was me, her and my brothers and sisters. Much because of personal reasons but part is that my mom ended up in California with me learning much of my family is from the east like many Aframs in california. I did research on ancestry.com and even got a DNA test.

A story from a aunt perked my interest, she told me my 3x grandmother used voodoo. Talking to more relatives I think it was most likely hoodoo and not voodoo which I know people mix up. They described her use of herbs and spells. I discovered she was from Louisiana with much of my family lines from there, including Texas, Alabama and Arkansas. I discovered that I had native American ancestry and also recent french, English and Irish ancestry. Ties to African tribes such as the Yoruba and Igbo. Also relatives who are palm readers and priest and witches.

The thing that fascinated me the most is I had a pull toward all of these things before I knew all of this information. At a festival in a outfit I was attracted to, full of purples and blues, almost in a trance with the music I felt a connection to Louisiana, its a bit embarrassing but I felt like a Willow tree and I felt a strong connection to my grandmother and ancestors. I even found a bag that I wore around my neck that I filled with glitter and charms without knowing anything about mojo bags. I knew that bag found me though. So when I started to research this I kind of knew I found the right place. I had a pull toward herbs, and was already making spiritual baths for myself. I've always been interesting in dreams and done divination since I was a child, at fun at first until people started taking me seriously.

Anyone, I'm very much new to all this and hope to learn more. Thanks for reading.

-Dnoo

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Greeting from California

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:10 am

Welcome to the forum, from one hippie to another!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:25 am

Hello there and welcome dnooage! I live in California myself! Good to see you here.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:29 am

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forum!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Slava

Unread post by Slava » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:19 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:Welcome to the forum, from one hippie to another!
:) thank you dear Ms. catherine ; humbled and hungry for learning Hoodoo as much as i can; fascinating tradition and practice ; i am so glad you spoke to me; may i ask what best way to learn about Hoodoo for a beginner like myself?
i try to at least find answers how to give offerings in Hoodoo after ritual/spells are completed; or even burning candles are already offerings ? i do know about offerings to saints but how about offerings in Hoodoo ? i believe every time we receive we must give something back as offering;
i also ordered your books and can't wait to start reading and practicing;
many blessings!

Reason: got confused / wrong post / sorry
Blessed Be!

Slava

Unread post by Slava » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:20 pm

Mama Micki wrote:Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forum!
thanks Mama Micki ; happy t be here;
i see your sig says "Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store" ; can i see?

Reason: got confused / wrong post / sorry
Blessed Be!

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “2012 Public Forum Introductions”