• Please visit our Occult Sister-Sites
Lucky Mojo Hoodoo, Conjure, Training Workshops

Help with a detox off of painkillers

Help with a detox off of painkillers

New postby svetlana » Fri May 29, 2009 7:04 pm

As mentioned in another post, I have been dealing with a cancer diagnosis and have had five surgeries in the past year and a half. In the process, after being clean and sober for twenty years, I got addicted to painkillers. I want to be free of addiction again, and I know that just praying helps, in addition to support from other addicts, and all the typical stuff. But I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a spell that I could use to help me to have the strength to go through with this detox, cold turkey. I don't have time to order any supplies, as I am doing it this week. So, anything that doesn't involve a lot of special stuff...simple household materials only...lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks...
svetlana

Re: Help with a detox off of painkillers

New postby starsinthesky7 » Fri May 29, 2009 7:38 pm

Wow. I admire you. It takes A LOT of hard work to get through any of these obstacles. So kudos to you. Well for strength you can get a red candle, and sprinkle some black cohosh on it for strength. You can also add yarrow for strength as well. Black cohosh can be found in the vitamins section of most drug food stores. They will be in pill form, but you can grind it up and put it on a red candle. That is the best things I can come up with...without you ordering supplies. I would do this first and when you can order a mojo bag for strength and conqueoring I am thinking a John the conqueror or master kinda mojo bag.

Also, you should petition to a Saint. I love working with Saints, and I think a saint could be of assistant to you. You can peititon to st Barbara for strength. She uses a red candle. Also, I would recommend doing an internet search for saint for addicts. You could just use a plain white candle for the saint.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

New postby svetlana » Fri May 29, 2009 7:54 pm

Thank you, Stars...Is there a special prayer that is typically said when petitioning these saints?
svetlana

New postby svetlana » Fri May 29, 2009 10:58 pm

It was a great idea to do a web search of saints for addicts. I am posting this information in the chance that someone else that might be dealing with the same issue might see this and find it helpful. There is St. Maximillion (sp?) and Matt Talbot, who has not yet been canonized. Matt Talbot's web page also answered my question about a specific prayer used to petition the saints, as I have valued the prayers that Cat has posted in relation to the spells on here, and wanted to have something similar to help with this specific issue. Here is the prayer: "Lord, in your servant, Matt Talbot you have given us a wonderful example of triumph over addiction, of devotion to duty, and of lifelong reverence of the Holy Sacrament. May his life of prayer and penance give us courage to take up our crosses and follow in the footsteps of Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Father, if it be your will that your beloved servant should be glorified by your Church, make known by your heavenly favours the power he enjoys in your sight. We ask this through the same Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen"

I hope I am not straying too far away from root work/hoodoo here. I am not Catholic, but my belief is that hoodoo, Catholicism, Buddhism, etc...all are just different ways to use the same types of energy. At first, I was kind of surprised to see the biblical references used in hoodoo spells, but it really makes sense. Prayer is another way of moving energy...maybe...now push me in the shallow water before I get too deep!
svetlana

New postby starsinthesky7 » Fri May 29, 2009 11:25 pm

Hmm perhaps work with St. Maximillion then. If you can't find the specific prayer for him, then I would just talk to him or write him a petition asking for his help to remove your addiction or whatever it is you need. Just build a relationship with him. You can use a plain white vigil jar candle, and give him a cup of water. As for St. Barbara you should be able to find her prayer online. Give her a red candle or a white candle, and then petition her to give you strength to help you through your needs.

I am not Catholic either, but it is not out of the ordinary to use saints in Hoodoo. The Saints have always been willing to help me.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

New postby snake » Sat May 30, 2009 1:50 am

Much love to you!!! It's not a spell but try using some borage tincture to help recovery from cancer and addictions.
snake

New postby SouthernGirl » Sat May 30, 2009 5:39 am

Sent a PM. Best of luck to you.
SouthernGirl

New postby Miss Bri » Sat May 30, 2009 3:37 pm

svetlana wrote:As mentioned in another post, I have been dealing with a cancer diagnosis and have had five surgeries in the past year and a half. In the process, after being clean and sober for twenty years, I got addicted to painkillers. I want to be free of addiction again, and I know that just praying helps, in addition to support from other addicts, and all the typical stuff. But I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a spell that I could use to help me to have the strength to go through with this detox, cold turkey. I don't have time to order any supplies, as I am doing it this week. So, anything that doesn't involve a lot of special stuff...simple household materials only...lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks...

Hi Svetlana,
I always advise a cleansing/uncrossing bath for situations like this. Also, you should know that quitting cold-turkey works for some people and for some people it most definitely does not work. We tend to attribute this fact to will power (or lack thereof) but there are often physiological reasons behind our relationship to our addictions. I would advise you to make sure you have a good, strong, support network of friends and family to have your back during this time and to seek out the advice of a physician before undergoing anything too strenuous, especially give your physical condition.

Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

New postby Wylde » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:34 pm

This is from Sloan kettering a noted cancer organization but it reports what I have known about Bitter Melon for years. Its good for cancer, viral infections and many other things, reputed to help aids patients as well. You might look it up heres one link (sloan kettering) you have to accept their terms of service to read the information but search Bitter Melon on your own...not sure it will help with detox but its great for a variety of healing properties, you can buy it at oriental grocers fresh or ive bought it as capsules of seeds (the part i was told to injest) online.

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/69138.cfm
Wylde

New postby arieschic72 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:29 am

hello all,
can any of you assist me in helping a friend who has had an on/off again addiction...sometimes waaaaaay worst then others, with alcohol and crack cocaine ? they aren't currently using...due to a new environment and no connections to anyone yet...but they really want to successfully stay away from the drugs for good...i know they do. i know they have some past issues that may contribute to the core reasons for the 20+ years of on-going drug addiction...this person is fully functional and looks good. they have people who are so-called "family/friends/enablers" who are constantly reeling them back in...and in all honesty, i know that the lack of education, inner-city up-bringing/mentality, absent family, issues are a big factor in this as well....they really want to end this vicious cycle and move on with life....they have lost alot to drug abuse and are basically starting life over in their mid-40's with virtually nothing...they really just need a chance. btw, they don't know that i am looking to help them in this manner and i would like to keep it that way. any advice, anyone ?? thanks much for your time. ~Arieschic72
arieschic72

• Please visit our Occult Sister-Sites
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to Ask Us for Conjure Help with Cleansing, Health, Healing, and Blessings