Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Herbs and Roots LMCCo Doesn't Carry: Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator
Re: Spider Webs to Cross someone, and not for "attraction"?

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:45 am

Two-Headed Doctor

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Spider Webs to Cross someone, and not for "attraction"?

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:25 am

Hello,

Because we don't sell spider webs in our shop, i have merged this into the thread on "Herbs and Roots LMCCo Doesn't Carry" -- but do note that when it comes to spider, we do carry tarantula exoskeletons.

Spiders have different meanings in different cultures and thus in contemporary terms, they have varied meanings as cultures mingle in the United States. See

http://luckymojo.com/spider.html

That being said, i do not think it is a good idea to ask questions like "would a hoodoo rootworker do this [behaviour]?" because posing theoretical questions in that form may all too easily result in distortions of fact, as interviewees seek to please their interviewers.

This phenomenon, in which the informant "pleases" or "ameliorates" the collector, is well known to folklorists and anthropologists, and therefore one of the first things a newcomer to the art of collecting folk-lore is taught is how to ask a question.

Let me explain:

First, i am going to expect that you understand now why we do not use this structure

"Would a hoodoo rootworker use spider webs to snare a reluctant lover?"

But note too that

"Would you use spider webs to snare a reluctant lover?"

is equally improper. Perhaps surprisingly the following two questions are also non-starters:

"How do hoodoo rootworkers use spider webs?"
"How do you use spider webs?"

In fact the only right way to ask the question is like this:

"In my country we have spiders. You have them too?"

Listen to and record the reply.

"Can you tell me about spiders?"

Listen to and record any replies, no matter how many, whether or not folk-lore or folk-magic is mentioned. If no folk-magic is mentioned and the interview subject is a folk-magician, inquire a bit more deeply:

"Do you find any uses for spiders or spider webs in your work?"

Listen to and record any replies.

Now, following these methods, you may not demand a reply to a theoretical question -- but you will learn about the folk-magic of the person you are interviewing and, by extension, abut that person's culture.

Having collected folk-magic in this way for about 50 years i can tell you that no African American practitioner has ever told me that he or she used spider webs for attracting lovers. This does not mean that such a belief could not exist, but as time goes on, it appears less and less likely that i will ever hear such a belief.

Rather, what i have been told about spider webs by African American rootworkers divides into two tendencies --

(1) There is the practical folk-medical use of spider webs for binding bleeding wounds (found among European Americans and Native Americans as well).

(2) There is the use of spiders and their webs as exemplars of generalized and non-species-specific arthropods and reptiles (insects, spiders, snakes, lizards) employed as "vermin" in Crossing recipes.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

lily-ana

Re: Herbs and Roots LMCCo Doesn't Carry: Questions and Answers

Unread post by lily-ana » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:35 am

Thanks Cat, but honestly in my head it was a "simple question" lol. On a serious note, it just reminds me how complex human language can be, its not what is said, but rather, what is understand that is the hallmark of communication! :-)

I will read your link about spiders to get a better idea of the symbolism of spiders in hoodoo.

Once again, thank you for being an invaluable resource to the community!

Lily

queendee11

Unread post by queendee11 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:25 pm

I am looking for squill root. I have not gotten a response yet. If you do not have it, please let me know. If you know of any company that does it will be great. There is another question that I need to ask. I will not include it on this post.

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi queendee11. I moved your post to a more appropriate thread, because Lucky Mojo Curio Company does not sell squill root. Also, per the Lucky Mojo Forum Rules, advertising of other company's products is not allowed. I do wish you the best of luck in your search.

As Miss cat wrote earlier in this very thread:

"Re: No squill root??
Squiill Root is "a dangerous irritant poison, producing inflammation of the alimentary canal, and urinary organs, and proving fatal in the dose of only 24 grains of the powder." It suppresses coughs when mixed with serious opioids such as heroin, morphine, and opium. You can no longer even buy Indonesian-made African Sea Coconut Cough Syrup from us because it has Squill Root in it and the FDA has banned its import. Sorry, folks."
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

queendee11

Unread post by queendee11 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:49 am

All that I need to know is where to find SQUILL ROOT if LUCKY MOJO does not carry it. I actually want to star growing it myself. There is no such thing as it cant be grown. Thank You,

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:25 am

Squill (like opium poppies and several other other plant sources of opioid drugs) is easy to grow. I have grown it myself. I suggest you join a forum for gardeners, and ask there -- i am sure you will find help obtaining plant materials in a gardening forum. Good luck to you.
catherine yronwode

Domonique
Re: Herbs Grouped and Listed by Purpose or Use

Unread post by Domonique » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:10 pm

I have a question about Osha Root, think this is the right place.
1. Is there another name for it?
2. Native american's use this root but I am unsure if the family is umm...translating it's uses correctly as it has been passed down over the years or rather, family members.

One side is very Santeria the other very native american lol I have adapted to traditions from both sides and sometimes Im able to meet in the middle sorda-speak. There is a purpose I know but with some traditions and beliefs so close and some so far, I would hate to be in left field for its use when I should be in right...Make sense? I have searched her but cant seem to find anything, hence maybe there is another name....
Yes Cat I have your book and use it when ever in doubt but again not finding anything. Books AWESOME by the way, just sayin ;)
May peace and love always find you,
Domino

whistler

Unread post by whistler » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:30 pm

It's known by a few names...Bear Root, Chuchupate, Colorado Cough Root, Indian Parsley, Ligusticum porteri, Mountain Lovage, Perejil de Campo, Persil Indien, Porter's Licorice Root, Racine d’Ours, Wild Celery Root...

Domonique

Unread post by Domonique » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:44 pm

whistler wrote:It's known by a few names...Bear Root, Chuchupate, Colorado Cough Root, Indian Parsley, Ligusticum porteri, Mountain Lovage, Perejil de Campo, Persil Indien, Porter's Licorice Root, Racine d’Ours, Wild Celery Root...

FABULOUS Whistler, Now to do more homework lol. Thanks so much for such a quick response ;)
May peace and love always find you,
Domino

Caligula
Herbs and marijuana

Unread post by Caligula » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:26 pm

It seemsthat every herb, root and spice has a purpose.or meaning, when I saw catnip on the list I wondered what the Magickal properties of marijuana are (it isn't listed for obvious reasons).

Marijuana must have some Magickal associations.

What are they?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Caligula,

Marijuana,like most intoxicants has a long history of religious and spiritual associations, but Lucky Mojo doesn't carry it. Perhaps an internet search will help you.
catherine yronwode

oneNonly

chicken heart and blood spells in hoodoo?

Unread post by oneNonly » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:24 pm

In Hoodoo is there any such spell that involves a chicken heart or chicken blood? I was just curious since I know some of the other type of magic does involve chicken sacrifice an stuff so I got curious. THANKS

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator
Re: chicken heart and blood spells in hoodoo?

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:12 pm

oneNonly ,

Hoodoo is not Voodoo. No animal sacrifice required.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

oneNonly

Unread post by oneNonly » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Thank you mama micki. I know Hooodoo is not voodoo thats why I was curious and asked. I wasnt thinking about sacrifice just use of chicken parts in any hoodoo spells thata all. I know chicken eggs are used but I guess thats it. Thanks

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:15 am

notsoperfect7 / FeelingaPerfect7 / oneNonly --

You asked "is there any such spell that involves a chicken heart or chicken blood? I was just curious'."

That is one of the weirdest and most disturbing questions i have ever been asked on this forum.

You're ... just curious. What? You've got extra chicken blood just laying around in a bowl and want to know if you can use it?

Well, we are here to help you with purchasing and using spiritual supplies, not to help satisfy what seems to me to be a rather morbid curiosity,

i can tell you that there are more spells in hoodoo that involve killing frogs, killing ants, killing snails, killing black cats, klling mud dauber wasps, killing snakes, killing lizards, killing whippoorwills, killing mockingbirds, and killing bats than killing chickens -- and there are also spells that make use of parts of farm animals and wild game animals that have been slaughtered for food -- beef, veal, or lamb tongues; rabbit feet; possum bones; chicken feet and wishbones; and raccoon penis bones; for instance.

You seem to have confused spell-casting with religion -- when you wrote "the other type of magic does involve chicken sacrifice."

What "other type of magic would that be? There are hundreds of human cultures, each with its own internally consistent systems of magic.

There are likewise hundreds of human religions -- and since "sacrifice" is a religious term, it would appear that you were asking if hoodoo is a religion that requires animal sacrifice.

Then, when you question was answered, you denied that you had asked about "sacrifice." But you DID ask, right there in your post!

Anyway, as you were told, animal sacrifice is not a part or potion of hoodoo.

Why not?

Because hoodoo is a Christian form of folk magic, hence animal sacrifice per se is NOT part of the religious program of hoodoo.

Okay. Did that satisfy your curiosity?

If you want to learn more about the use of zoological curios in hoodoo, please purchase my book, "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic."
catherine yronwode

sky4343

where to get a parrots feather

Unread post by sky4343 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi, I want to do a compell a liar to confess spell I have seen on the site but it calls for a parrots feather. Does lucky mojo sell them? I could not find it.

Miss Aida
Re: where to get a parrots feather

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:56 pm

Good Afternoon, Sky4343,
At this time, we don't carry them
So very sorry.
Take Care

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:28 pm

You could go to a pet store and ask if they have any that a parrot has shed.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Naught1usMax1mus

Unread post by Naught1usMax1mus » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:53 pm

I don't see where you're from, but fancy-style dance fans at American Indian pow-wows are often made from parrot feathers since the brighter, the better rules in that division. (Be prepared for holographic reflections from CD's used as the centers of feather bustles!). Check out any pow-wows. In your area or close by. Vendors there usually have them. Otherwise, eBay is a typical source.

If you go to a pow-wow, basic etiquette is: it is 'regalia' or an outfit, never a costume. No touching. No close-up photos without permission. Do not cross the arbor (dance arena) to get to the other side (it is blessed prior to the start of the event). If you are a lady and wish to dance in the 'intertribal' dance, bring a shawl to wear around your shoulders. Everyone is usually welcome to dance in that vent. The dancing is always clockwise circular. It is a very good experience, and respectful behavior is always appreciated, as usual.

Mary Thomson
HRCC Graduate

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:30 pm

If you cannot find one at a pet store, try an online Parrot Club or a forum for parrot fanciers. They moult, just like any bird does. The shed feathers are what we use in such spells.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

stillsosola

Unread post by stillsosola » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:45 pm

does lucky mojo still sell devil pods? I cant seem to find them in the LM catalog page Im looking in the herbs and botanical curio section am I just missing it or what?

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:18 am

stillsosola, yes, we do! They were recently several large trays of them drying in the office! Here is a link: http://www.luckymojo.com/batnut.html
Miss Phoenix
MissionaryIndependent.org/readings.html
Hoodoo Psychics: 1-888-4-HOODOO

mamabird39

Unread post by mamabird39 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:15 pm

miss cat,
i have Ipomoea jalapa seeds i'm trying to grow them i have only a little bit of them i planted them in my garden and around my house i'm trying to get more seeds from them as soon as they produce alot of seeds i could send you some so you can grow them for the roots and seeds just let me know.if you would like to have them .
thank you and many blessings,
mamabird39.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:17 pm

Well, that would be totally cool! Thanks!
catherine yronwode

mamabird39

Unread post by mamabird39 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:40 pm

ok great it took me forever to find the seeds:) i feel that if i can help you with finding the hard to get herbs ect that you can grow there it would save you some money by growing them, have you ever thought about writing a hoodoo gardening book? i think it would be a big seller miss cat :)

mamabird39

Unread post by mamabird39 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:27 pm

I also i'm growing licorice as well when it goes to seed i will send those to you as well:) this is my way of saying thank you for helping me through a tough time the oils i got from you saved my relationship with my hubby :)so i'm surching far and wide to find these things that L&M customers are looking for, for your shop.i hope i'm not over stepping my bounds in any way.:)

deaconmillett
Forum Moderator

Unread post by deaconmillett » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:48 pm

LOVE the idea of a hoodoo gardening book!!!!

Please, Miss Cat?

Deacon Millett

WhoDoo1992
Crab Claw Amulet???

Unread post by WhoDoo1992 » Thu May 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Hello loves! <3
ChynnaDoll here, i been studying and practicing solitary now for a year and am hoping to learn more about myself and the craft here by reaching out and stepping outside of 'comfort zone' haha. I am tired of thinking myself in circles over this idea that came to me after I was guided to receiving a beautiful collection of sea dollars, shells, and a pair of crab claws about 2 weeks ago (or i feel as if I was considering the happenstance of me coming across these and how far i live from the ocean despite me always wanting to go there), so I'm finally posting about it.

As i view myself as a gnostic shaman/mystic I dont follow one system specifically as I just follow my intution, so I'm a little confused on what meaning crabs carry specifically in Hoodoo (besides their used as a powder in reversing cause they walk backwards and protective work) as there are numerous meanings depending on your perspective and if there's any recording or evidence of a crap amulet being made with a crab claw. I received them with the sea dollars and shells which to me at first symbolized abundance and intuition (since Cancer does rule the intuition aspect and IS a crab) as well as other meanings such as fertility.

I feel like i received these claws to do something with them (not crush no....i couldnt bring myself to do that once I read about the powder LOL) and after a while of thinking i thought to make them into a necklace but after thinking of what to charge/program the amulet for I'm at a lost of what to do as with hoodoo crab shell powder is used in reversing magic and i wanted an AUTHENTIC hoodoo amulet.

Any tips or...should I just let them continue to sit on my altar since I cant bear to smash them? HAHA LOL

Shantilly Lace

Unread post by Shantilly Lace » Thu May 08, 2014 8:14 pm

Hi,
there is a thread here

crab-shell-powder-questions-and-answers-t12723.html, if you fish through it, you may find help there. It does have a mention (the brief look I had) about using the claw itself.

hope it helps.

mamabird39

Unread post by mamabird39 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:45 am

hello miss cat,
i just mailed a few Ipomoea jalapa i will be sending you even more seeds i also sent you some other seeds as well they are a surprise for you it's not alot yet but a sample for you the person i got the Ipomoea jalapa seeds from said they yeld alot of seeds .i hope this is ok with you? you are a wonderful and kind person oh i mailed them to you're store (shop).just let me know when you get them. many blessings to you .
ur friend mamabird.(mesha)

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue May 13, 2014 9:16 pm

Hello, mamabird39,
I am not sure that she will see this post.
You may want to e-mail her.
Take care

Spellkiss
Dirt Dauber Nest

Unread post by Spellkiss » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:43 pm

Hello, when I was at the workshop I asked about Dirt Dauber and a associate at lucky mojo said they sold their last one,well that was a while ago but I'm interested in ordering some and I can't find it listed on luckymojos site, is it a custom order or do they not carry it anymore?
I can't find it anywhere to buy and I only order from luckymojo or a trusted member of lucky mojo. thank you. sorry if this was asked already in a previous thread I couldn't find it.

MoonBreath
Re: Dirt Dauber Nest

Unread post by MoonBreath » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:44 pm

We have lots of dirt daubers and their old nests here in Alabama. Have you asked any farmers or neighbors with old sheds? Not sure where you are, but in the South, you can find them if you ask around, and look around at old buildings.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:13 pm

Spellkiss, call the shop, sometimes they may have items in stock and have not had the time to post them online.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Spellkiss

Unread post by Spellkiss » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:08 pm

Moon I live in northern California Ill try and find some out here thanks.
Jw thank you Ill call and see before I try to find my own.

jon saint germain
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jon saint germain » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:28 am

[quote]catherineyronwode » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:51 am
Fake. One Balm of Gilead Bud and one fat seed of some species or another.

The real ones are not just hard to find -- it is ILLEGAL to wild-craft them because they are an endangered species of rare orchid.]/quote]

Indeed, and thanks Catherine for helping me recently with this issue. I am pretty sure the "Eve" part of the bogus pair is a dried lotus seed.

Now the question is: in reference to the Doctrine of signatures, would this pair, even if not true Adam-and-Eve, still be useful in male/female relationship work?

Jon S G
Rev Jon Saint Germain Graduate HRCC
BOD AIRR
BOD AISC
Hoodoo Psychics

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:32 pm

Hello, Johnriggs1933
Miss cat has stated that she uses Balm of Gilead (see this page: www.luckymojo.com/adamandeve.html )
And take a look at this page also: http://www.luckymojo.com/esoteric/occul ... tools.html
Otherwise (in the event that she doesn't see this post), you could post this query to the Yahoo student group (I know she'll see it there).
Take care

mamabird39

Unread post by mamabird39 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:45 pm

i have a ?
how long dose it take for the high John root to grow or when it's time to harvest them ? I've searched the net and cant find any of the info any where i don't want to kill the whole plants just to find out so i thought some one here might know.
thank you so much and the flowers are very pretty they are blooming now and the leaves are cute little hearts a very beautiful morning glory species.(" i hope you are enjoying them as well miss cat "?:)

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:35 pm

Hello, mamabird39 ,
I have no clue.
I am sorry.

Juxtapose
Re: How to work with Rose of Jericho

Unread post by Juxtapose » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:07 pm

MaryBee wrote:Let the root dry out completely every week so it won't get moldy.
Mary Bee
Mary Bee,
is this why my rose got moldy TWICE with two different roses? And I thought it was a spiritual thing! I have a new one going now, I have had it open for over a week and I have changed its water twice (As thats what my local shop owner told me was the mold solution) - but now should I dump the water and let it dry out completely to all brown again? Or just the root part itself needs to be dry?
Thanks for any info!
By this I know that You delight in me, Because mine enemy does not triumph over me - Psalms 41:11

ProfessorAmes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ProfessorAmes » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:25 pm

Hi AsherDorian,

Yes, they are notorious for getting moldy. As a desert plan they usually just have one brief heavy rainfall where they open up and then close back up, so sitting in water isn't ideal for how they were made. I live in a fairly dry climate in the Rocky Mountains and the water will evaporate in about a week, which seems to be about right. I let it curl back up into a ball at the end of the week and let it sit dormant for another week. I know a worker who keeps two going in rotation, so as one is drying, the other is opening up.

I've heard of folks do various things to the water - a copper penny, a bit of bleach, those floral packets from the florist, etc. I can't vouch for any of them, but it seems best to let the plant have the condition it was designed for which is a heavy saturation of water to open up and then allowing it to then dry up completely.

Juxtapose

Unread post by Juxtapose » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:43 am

ProfessorAmes wrote:Hi AsherDorian,

Yes, they are notorious for getting moldy. As a desert plan they usually just have one brief heavy rainfall where they open up and then close back up, so sitting in water isn't ideal for how they were made. I live in a fairly dry climate in the Rocky Mountains and the water will evaporate in about a week, which seems to be about right. I let it curl back up into a ball at the end of the week and let it sit dormant for another week. I know a worker who keeps two going in rotation, so as one is drying, the other is opening up.

I've heard of folks do various things to the water - a copper penny, a bit of bleach, those floral packets from the florist, etc. I can't vouch for any of them, but it seems best to let the plant have the condition it was designed for which is a heavy saturation of water to open up and then allowing it to then dry up completely.
Wow, so good to know, thank you!

S
By this I know that You delight in me, Because mine enemy does not triumph over me - Psalms 41:11

FatLip

Love spells using a fig

Unread post by FatLip » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:28 am

I was wondering how figs are used in love spells, i have read about freezer spells slicing figs using people's names but someone told me these are more less to destroy a relationship or freeze them out of love, can anyone share tricks using figs to attract someone you want with name or photo, how it will work etc?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Love spells using a fig

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:42 pm

FatLip,

I don't know what you mean about "freezer spells slicing figs using people's names" that are "more less to destroy a relationship" or where you read that information.

A fig represents a womb (uterus). Fig spells are for promoting reproductive health or denying reproductive health. I wrote about this here:

http://luckymojo.com/freezer.html

None of those fig spells are about "relationships." They are about having (or not having) babies. (By the way, there are sweet fig and
pear spells to foster baby-making, but that is a different topic for a different time.)

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

FatLip

Unread post by FatLip » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:31 pm

thanks for the info, i guess i meant to say that but assumed they where related to love spells

thats cool. ok So figs are useless in love spells, i thought they represented a vagina and used to arouse one :p

I did hear of fruits been used in spells in the past, is there a thread here about this? i tried looking but safari keeps crashing for some reason.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:15 pm

No, figs do not represent a vagina! They represent a womb. This is called "The Doctrine of Signatures" and it is about how the physical appearance of a plant or fruit resembles a part of the body.

This is a customer forum for people who purchase spiritual supplies from the Lucky Mojo Curio Company, so there is no thread about grocery store fruits -- but you are in luck! We have a book called "The Black Folder" that has a whole set of these fruit and vegetable spells. (There are many, many other spells in the book too -- it is well worth the investment.)

BOO-GRI-BKFO
The Black Folder: Personal Communications on the Mastery of Hoodoo edited by catherine yronwode
$12.00

* Conjure Spells for Love, Money, Protection, and Luck
* Cursing and Reversing Tricks with Dolls and Mirror Spells.
* The Secrets of Kitchen Witchery and Grocery Store Magic
* Candle and OIl Lamp Magic in the Hoodoo Tradition
* How to Make Your Own Mojo Hands, Doll-Babies, and Packet Amulets
* Divination and Seership with Bones, Tea Leaves, and Candle Wax

BOO-GRI-BKFO
The Black Folder:
Personal Communications on the Mastery of Hoodoo
edited by cat yronwode
136 Pages, $12.00
(Missionary Independent Spiritual Church)
catherine yronwode

Naexis

Unread post by Naexis » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:11 pm

According to cat's book, for the purposes of keeping someone domestic one should collect nine tubes of a dirt dauber's nest with the larvae still in them.. I'm not able to do that, for various reasons. So would one nest tube (vacated by its former occupants) still be effective?

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:12 pm

Hello, Naexis ,

The spell will be weaker but it can still work.

I've done it myself with success

Take care

theroberts

Abre camino herb?

Unread post by theroberts » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:39 am

I was about to place an order and I need abre camino herb for a reciple I have. I didn't see it listed on the store though. Would it go by another name? Or is there a substitute herb someone could recommend that I could get from you guys?

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:55 pm

Hello, theroberts ,

Abre Camino, as you know, is Road Opener. You may just want to buy the products. www.luckymojo.com/roadopener.html

The closet I can think of (which is a little harsher) is the blockbuster herb www.luckymojo.com/blockbuster.html

Wishing you the best

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:59 pm

Miss Aida provided some great links, and be sure to also check out the Hoodoo At A Glance page to help. This online quick reference may help in finding Herbs and Roots that have been worked with to clear ones roads.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

DoctorG
Bugleweed?

Unread post by DoctorG » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:44 am

I have a lovely patch of bugleweed (Ajuga reptans) growing in my back yard. The honeybees and bumblebees love it.

I feel drawn to it, as well, but I'm having trouble finding much information on it. Specifically, I'd like to know if it has uses within the hoodoo tradition.

I did a search and found that it is listed in "Charms, Spells and Formulas" by Ray Malbrough. He includes it in a list of herbs to promote psychic visions. I've found a couple of places where it is mentioned in Wiccan spellwork. I've also found a couple of herbal medicine sites that mention it, although they appear to be conflating two different herbs with similar common names.

If anyone here has any more information about this plant, I'd love to hear it.

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:05 pm

Hello, DoctorG ,

I don't know this one. Sorry

Take care

avoiceanswered
Hibiscus Uses

Unread post by avoiceanswered » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:37 pm

What do you use hibiscus for?

I have an abundance of varieties (red, yellow, pink, white, yellow red, pink red) at my fingertips and I can't help but wonder how to best utilize them. I should be at least drying them for later use.

Searching on these forums I see some people use them for love spells.

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:42 pm

Hello, avoiceanswered

This is what I found: search.php?keywords=hibiscus

Wising you the best

take care

Kelvin88

Showy Milkweed

Unread post by Kelvin88 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:59 pm

I did a search on this topic, but I didn't get any results back. I thought I'd found a patch of deers tongue when I first sighted this, until I got closer and realized the flowers were different. I know some of the uses for milkweed, but I was wondering if it might have any other special uses given how different it looks. I keep seeing things about milkweed, but it's only the most common kind, or the rose milkweed. I know about the doctrine of signatures, which makes me think it might have some other unique uses, but I don't know how to use it to figure out what those might be. Does anyone here have any advice or know of any other uses for it? Thanks in advance! :D

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:58 pm

Hello, Kelvin88 ,

I am sorry but I can't find any results for this in relation to Hoodoo

Sorry

SweetLady
Cilantro Magickal Uses

Unread post by SweetLady » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:26 pm

Hello All:
Does anyone know of hoodoo uses for cilantro? I grew some this year and have a little "crop" coming in. I only use it for salsa and I was "googling" trying to find uses for it in cooking or for health when I suddenly thought that maybe there might be magickal uses for it as well. I googled cilantro magickal uses and received some hits from wiccan websites, and some links to the LM forums where others had posted. However, I was wondering if any of the seasoned practicioners have information, history, or knowledge about it.
In the other google searches about cilantro herb (nonmagickal) it says that cilantro was used in Mexican, Cuban, and Asian cooking recipes. I also learned that it is called Mexican coriander or Chinese parsley. Given that hoodoo is kind of a "melting pot" of traditions that incorporates many cultures including those mentioned for its culinary uses, I was wondering if it has uses in hoodoo. Can it be used as coriander? is it the same as coriander as one website mentioned? Thank you so much for reading and replying. <3

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:54 pm

Hello, SweetLady

It's the same thing!

Find it here: www.herb-magic.com/coriander-seed.html

So, yes, Lucky Mojo does carry it!

Take care

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”