• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

It is currently Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:36 am

HHRM: Hoodoo Herb & Root Magic Book Questions and Answers

Discussiona about hoodoo and conjure spell books, instruction books, grimoires, and books on magic and spirituality.

Voodoo doll and mojo hand DIY kits?

Unread postby maverick96 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:13 pm

I hope this is the right place to put in this request and see if anyone else feels the way I do.

I tend to feel a certain amount of empowerment & I also feel as though more power is put into things I make myself. With that in mind, I would love to see LM sell baby doll kits and mojo hand kits, etc.

I know they sell the final product(s), but I would love to be able to buy a kit to make these items myself, complete w/instructions, materials & variations/suggestions for materials to add for different desired effects. Anyone else feel the same as I or is this a stupid request/suggestion?
Thank you St Florian for your protection!
maverick96

Re: Voodoo doll and mojo hand DIY kits?

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:17 pm

There are literally hundreds of variations on dolls and mojo hands, so rather than sell a dozen kits, we sell the book that i wrote, "Hoodoo herb and Root Magic" for $14.95 and it gives you 750 spells, many of them mojo hands and doll babies, that you can make. We stock all of the supplies you will need to make the mojo bags and dolls described in the book -- flannel bags, dressing oils, charms, special coins, roots, herbs, minerals, colognes, powders, and candles -- with 224 detailed pages on how to make mojos, bottle spells, and other common "contained spells." To order the book, go to our online shop and buy

BOO-GRI-HHSC Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic, papercover by Catherine Yronwode $39.95
or
BOO-GRI-HHHC Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic, hardcover by Catherine Yronwode $39.95

Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic, paperback by Catherine Yronwode
Originally published in 2002.
From the proprietor of the Lucky Mojo Curio Company comes the most thorough, complete, and authentic book on how roots and herbs are used in traditional African-American folk magic. 500 herbs, roots, minerals, and zoological curios are listed, along with their scientific names, so you will know exactly what to harvest or buy from an herb dealer. Included are an amazing 750 spells, formulas, mojo hand combinations, and candle rites, all given in workable, practical detail. Medical usages for many of the herbs, supplementary botanical notes, a series of cross-indexes listing herbs by the magical conditions for which they are recommended, plus 50 beautiful black and white illustrations of herbs and vintage herb packaging round out this informative reference volume. There is no other herb encyclopedia like this one. This is the book to get if you are working traditional conjure and herb magic. If you order from Lucky Mojo, cat will inscribe your copy to you. 224 pages.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: Voodoo doll and mojo hand DIY kits?

Unread postby maverick96 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:23 pm

Thank you. I think I'll order the book asap!
Thank you St Florian for your protection!
maverick96

HHRM: Hardback vs paperback

Unread postby kittynmoon » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:59 am

I am going to sign up for the correspondence course... yeah! I can't decide if i should get the paperback or the hardback version of Cat's book. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
kittynmoon

Re: Hardback vs paperback

Unread postby Mama Micki » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:00 am

If you can afford it, get the hardback. Since you will be referring to it constantly, it will last a lot longer than the paperback.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:04 am

I would advise the hardback as well. I am not yet in the course, but do know that my paperpack copy of HHRM is slowly slipping into "extremely used" condition. I plan on getting HC for both when I enroll.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:31 pm

The two books -- HRCC and HHRM Hardcover -- have matching bindings, in different colours, in hardback. Kinda classy.

BOO-GRI-HHHC
Hoodoo Herb & Root Magic, Hardcover by cat yronwode
$39.95

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

BOO-XCC-HRCC
Hoodoo Magic Correspondence Course by catherine yronwode
$104.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby CopperFox » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:37 am

I currently have the paperback version and it is showing signs of usage. My plan is to purchase the hardback for my permanent library, then I can guiltlessly indulge my bad habit of writing notes in the margins of my paperback copy.
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121
CopperFox

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:52 am

CopperFox wrote:I currently have the paperback version and it is showing signs of usage. My plan is to purchase the hardback for my permanent library, then I can guiltlessly indulge my bad habit of writing notes in the margins of my paperback copy.

I agree with this 1000%! :)
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby kittynmoon » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:47 am

I ordered the hardback and I signed up for the course as well. I am quite excited. I have been feeling I had become stuck in my personal growth, so I think it will be a great tool for learning. I had thought to wait because we are living in an RV for a couple of years and I was worried about the demographics. I was wrong,though. People are coming and going and are so friendly. It is an even better opportunity to learn about folks cultures and backgrounds than normal.
kittynmoon

Unread postby rjwcim » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:23 pm

I vote Hardback, at the moment I've been using paperback but I'm going to get the hardcover, they last a lot longer and you will probably be using it quite often.

Ra'Shay
rjwcim

Ms. cat's book

Unread postby golroseluv » Wed May 05, 2010 3:28 pm

I receievd Ms. cat's herb and root magic book this week and can't put it down. so glad I ordered it :)
golroseluv

Re: Ms. cat's book

Unread postby Devi Spring » Wed May 05, 2010 4:24 pm

It's an amazing resource. Mine is very dog-eared and well used...it's time for the hardcover!
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby golroseluv » Wed May 05, 2010 6:49 pm

Yea, I wish I got the hardcover too Devi because I know I'll be using this book A LOT. I even took it to work today and was reading it during lunchtime.
This book definitely helps on ordering LM products. everything just makes more sense now...can't wait to place a big LM order.
golroseluv

Unread postby jwmcclin » Wed May 05, 2010 7:14 pm

I agree as well...I just love...love...love it..
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Thu May 06, 2010 6:31 am

I usually have my copy on me when I'm at work...for down-time brushing up. One of the best...
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Moxy » Thu May 06, 2010 7:26 pm

I agree a fantastic book! this will continue to be my right hand book for many years to come.
Thank you St. Martha!
Moxy

the nr 1 book of Hoodoo

Unread postby ElMago » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:21 pm

do you have some book of Hoodoo that you feel is the nr 1, i mean the best book of Hoodoo out there?

do you know a Hoodoo writer that had read all the books out there about Hoodoo, voodoo, santeria etc in english, and had take all the most important information and had make a concentrate book about Hoodoo history, experiences, how Hoodoo works and its use, the relationship with the spirits etc?

Thanks
ElMago

Re: the nr 1 book of Hoodoo

Unread postby Devi Spring » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:34 pm

Well, since Voodoo and Santeria don't have anything to do with traditional hoodoo - having read those really wouldn't make much difference one way or the other.

The best books are Miss Cat's information and books - one of which is available for free online.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ElMago » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:10 pm

Ooo i see

Can i buy some one in Hardcover or leather bound? I mean some one that is on paper, i don't like internet books!
ElMago

Unread postby Devi Spring » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:36 am

Cat's "Hoodoo In Theory and Practice" is only available online. However her "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" book is available in either softcover or hardcover through Lucky Mojo.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:45 pm

Devi is correct.

"Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" -- found here for free

http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html

-- is the BEST!

You can buy "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" here in paperback or hadcover:

http://luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Confused about two books: Is HHRM the same as HITAP?

Unread postby jwalke12 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:22 am

Hello,

I'm a newcomer to Root Magic and I'm looking for some good books.

This has led me to Catherine Yronwode's "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic".

When I went to this site, there was a book partially uploaded online called
"HOODOO IN THEORY AND PRACTICE
An Introduction to African-American Rootwork"
by Catherine Yronwode

Are these two books the same thing only re-titled, or are they seperate (with the "HOODOO IN THEORY AND PRACTICE" being a still in-progress work)?

Thanks,

J.
jwalke12

Re: Confused about two books: Is HHRM the same as HITAP?

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:58 am

Hi jwalke12 and welcome to the forum!

"Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" and "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" are two separate books.

The one you saw -- "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" -- is "a work in progress", and it continues to grow :) (It is Miss Cat's online Book, thankfully available to us and free to all to learn.)

Her "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" is fantastic choice! here is a link which you might have by now (I'm slow posting links:) http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html
There is a hard cover for $39.95 and soft cover $14.95

It is an excellent book and it will bring you up to speed with many things. I waited almost a year to order it-- If I know now what I could have known then...

I'm impressed with your choice to study and read!

Good luck to you and Welcome again to the forum!

Edited to include a list of the AWESOME products catalogue link

http://www.luckymojo.com/lucky-mojo-inventory.html
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Re: Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic by cat yronwode

Unread postby Amanecer » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:45 am

I just want to say... this book is sooooo awesome!! really clear and concise, and the people in LM shipped my order so fast, I was expecting to wait at least a month but in 2 weeks I already have my copy. And a big THANK YOU to Miss Cat for taking her time and sending the book with her signature.
Amanecer

Re: Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic by cat yronwode

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:22 pm

You are very welcome.

When i first saw that it took two weeks for you to receive the book, i was shocked that it took so long -- but then i glanced over at your location, to the right side of your message -- and you are in South America! Hey! That's not bad at all!

Glad you like the book.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: HHRM: Hoodoo Herb & Root Magic book: Questions and Answers

Unread postby brujaha » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:40 pm

I absolutely LOVE Hoodoo in Theory and Practice, and refer to it often. And, I would like to read HHRM. Is there any chance of an ebook version being made? I would like an online version partly because I am "in the closet" with my spiritual side to most of my friends and folks who could potentially find it in my apt. It's easier to hide a computerized version of the book. Also, I tend to get a little oil on my bible and spell notebook, because sometimes I don't want to interrupt my "flow" between dressing the candle and reciting my prayers, and I don't want to get a new book all greasy lol.

brujaha
brujaha

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:47 pm

You can find read some of its information online at Herbs, Roots, Minerals, and Zoological Curios http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatherbs.html. There is much more information in greater detail in the book. You can purchase the book, put a book cover on it, place it among your personal things or keep it in the truck of your car or your glove compartment.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:40 pm

Hi, HHRM will not be published as an ebook because the rip-offs make it not worth it.

Jwmclin had a great idea -- buy HHRM and put a cover on it!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby brujaha » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:32 pm

Oh- great idea! I forgot book covers existed. I don't think I have used one in about 20 years lol. I'll check it out. Thank you for the link and suggestions, and I understand completely about the ripoff aspect.

brujaha
brujaha

HHRM Book contents

Unread postby EavanStar » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:01 pm

I anxiously await the HHRM book I ordered. :D However, I do have a question. Are the free spells and such that are on the LM website included in the book? I was just curious.
~Eavan *
Student #1655
EavanStar

Re: HHRM Book contents

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:16 pm

No, "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" is organized by herb or root name and contains basic combinations for using each item in one or more ways. There are six sample entries online, out of the hundreds of entries in the book. Read all six samples from the clickable links on this page:

http://luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html

The "free spells" you are referring to are portions of a free online book called "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice." They are not published in print form at this time.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby EavanStar » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:27 pm

Ok. Believe me, that information is more than enough. :D Thank you!
~Eavan *
Student #1655
EavanStar

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:54 am

The book is worth it's weight in gold, you will not be disappointed in the least. One of the most valuable books you could purchase for working our kind of practice.

...and with that praise...my 500th post! (Yay!)

Good luck to you EavanStar!

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Re: Review: Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic

Unread postby carolina_dean » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:11 pm

Cat,

Any plans for a 10th anniversary edition next year? Anything to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the publication of Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic?
Carolina Dean
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate # 56G
carolina_dean
Forum Moderator

Cat's Book

Unread postby JCPA72 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:17 am

Hey All -

I finally ordered Cat's "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" book and I have to say I am so happy I did - the book combined with what she has online has really opened my eyes - especially about our connection to nature.

While I've always had a great respect for nature and all its glory - I found myself looking at the world a bit different this week - from the creek (down the street from work) to the trees springing back to life. It reminded me how inter-connected we all are nature/humans and why we ask the spirits of the herbs, water - etc. to help us in our work.

I'm still learning and I've had some successes and some - well I wouldn't call them failures just things that didn't work for one reason or another - but reading the book has given me a lot of insight as to why some things didn't work.

Over the next few weeks I have two workings I will begin - one for money and one to help my step-son pass his state exams - armed with this new information - I hope to be much more successful :)

Thanks again, Cat, for sharing your wealth of information!
My most gracious and humble thanks to La Caridad Del Cobre, for all of your blessings and guidance in my life.
St. Martha, St. Michael, La Virgen de La Regla my most humble thanks for all that you do on my behalf!
JCPA72

Re: Cat's Book

Unread postby DelArca » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:24 am

I heart the book too!! <3 I can't put it down. :)
DelArca

HHRM: Testimonials

Unread postby Spellkiss » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:46 pm

CAT thank you for signing my book I just received it today its great!
Spellkiss

Re: Thank You: "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" by cat yronwode

Unread postby Spellkiss » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Thank you Cat for signing my book.
Spellkiss

Re: HHRM: Testimonials

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:02 pm

Glad you like it!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Fast and Sassy First Time Work Inspired by HH&RM

Unread postby imjewell » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:46 pm

I just have to share a funny story about what happened today when I rushed around and tried to cook up and test drive a concoction inspired by my new Hoodoo Herb & Root Magic book by Catherine Yronwode that arrived yesterday, but made with ingredients I had at hand. DH and I decided at the last minute to go to a Gospel Sing at a nearby town that was having a three-day festival. I slapped the book shut at the point where I was reading about money and luck herbs, ran in the kitchen, warmed some oil with cinnamon and cloves, splashed in some wintergreen liniment, dabbed my money and my hands and jumped in the car.

All the way to town I was thinking, bring on the green, bring on the luck, keep my money safe.

When we got to the event, my very frugal DH surprised me by buying me a treat. It was a quart-sized tin cup of icy root beer. The cup was bright green with a "lucky" leprechaun on it and you could get unlimited refills for a nominal fee. It was green, it was lucky and my money stayed in my purse! I just laughed and laughed! I can hardly wait to see what will happen with a little more forethought and preparation.

Thank you to the Lucky Mojo staff for the expert packaging and speedy delivery of my book and for the sweet little surprise inside. --J.
imjewell

Re: Fast and Sassy First Time Work Inspired by HH&RM

Unread postby MightyScorpio » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:08 pm

Good stuff!
MightyScorpio

Re: Fast and Sassy First Time Work Inspired by HH&RM

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:17 pm

What a great sign! Thanks for sharing.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Jaime Banks » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:19 pm

Oh My Gosh Ms. Catherine,

I am IN LOVE with your book, at first i'll be honest and say I have qotten confused with knowinq the tricks, tips and the herbs, but I was very pleased with what I have fount. This is an ACTUAL book I'd love to read over and over aqain....my favorite are the LOVE, MONEY & PROTECTION tricks and herbs. I will INDEED try these tricks and thanks to you, & LM, I'm movinq out, have my own place, and I have a stable job. My next target, LOVE.....And I thank you.

[&& if possible... INDEED WRITE MORE BOOKS :) ]

-Tbanks91
Thank You SO Much St.Jude.
Jaime Banks

Re: Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic Book Testimonials

Unread postby Joann Lee » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:21 am

This is a work of genuine scholarship and will be very useful in saving a dying art. I am very impressed with it.
HRCC Student #1730
Joann Lee

Re: HHRM: Testimonials

Unread postby autumnalflower » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:22 am

I just got mine today in the mail. I have to say thank you so very, very much! I got the hardcover, and am very impressed. I do know that this will make my adventure into learning so very much easier. Thanks Cat for the time and effort you put into the book. It is very easy to understand, I was starting to feel a bit overwhelmed about my learning until I got my copy! And thanks a lot for your time to sign the book, that means a lot to me!
autumnalflower

Unread postby corazon » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:49 pm

This book has become absolutely priceless to me. It is dog-eared and very much loved. I carry it with me often, for on-the-go referencing.

miss cat's book has helped me better my life and better the lives of my loved ones. It has helped me see my power and improve my works. I have used many of the spells in this book with wondrous results.

I just used it this weekend to make a self love and power honey jar for myself. I am feeling powerful, energetic, happy, and like I can do anything!!!!

Thank you miss cat and Lucky Mojo. My life has improved by leaps and bounds since I found you!
corazon

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Thanks, all for the kind words.

Carolina Dean -- we just went back to press with the fifth edition (2011), and we will probably have enough of those on hand to carry us through the tenth year, so we have no plans for a 10th year edition. It's hard to believe it has been that long!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby j82 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:15 pm

just curious does the book have added and updated info each addition. I have the 3rd which I love and as mentioned prior use often and reference for everything. Great book, thanks Cat for your life long dedication to the craft!
j82

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:40 pm

Thre are only minor typo corrections between the third, fourth, and fifth editions. The first, second, and third have the greatest differences. I recommend the third - fifth editions because they have more entries than the first or second editions, not to mention fewer typos!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby chickzilla » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:38 am

I LOVE the book! Last Christmas I told my husband that I wanted some books on Hoodoo. He bought me a few but they were largely Wicca 101 books with a smattering of supposed Hoodoo thrown in. So I did some research and found Cat's book and this website!

Wow! The book is fantastic! I'm one of those people who needs to read a bit before I go to sleep each night. Cat's book has been on my bedside table since the day it arrived. I already read it from cover to cover once, and now I browse through it at random each night. It's alphabetical so it's easy to look up your favorite herbs and curios. I highly recommend this book.
Some things have to be believed to be seen. --- Ralph Waldo Emerson
chickzilla

Unread postby wlightninglady1 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:02 am

Just recieved my "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" book this week and I am already on my third round of reading it front to back. Absolutely love the book!!!!!!!! I could not have asked for a better read!!
Thank you Saint Expedite for everything you have done for me and continue to do for all.
wlightninglady1

Unread postby autumnalflower » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:17 am

I love the book too, thank you to Miss Cat for the wonderful information you have in the book and the way you have laid it out. Makes for very easy understanding and learning. And lastly but not least...thanks for taking your time out your busy schedule to sign the book.
autumnalflower

From Hermeticism to Hoodoo

Unread postby Ben_Lilith » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:52 pm

I initially got into Hoodoo studying European Grimoires from Bibliotheque Bleue which was a French publishers company in 17th-19th centuries that supplied cheap almanacs, ephemerides, & grimoires. I noticed that after the spirit list the spells with them used certain materials that weren't European in origin like some herbs and woods, and also methods that seemed more African-American in origin perhaps. Leading me to Lucky Mojo via Catherine Yronwodes Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic book. It was my first looking into what you could've called down home magic. Very different to what I was into at the time.

Before this i was more into Ceremonial magic & Hermetic Qabalah but in my teen years very much into books I recently found on here are a synthesis of a American forms of Wicca and Hoodoo in Lucky Mojo book list. I discovered Catherines book after reading upon other African - American traditions and folk religions and in the process brought the methods in spirit work, candle magic, magical baths, house washes, and mojo bags but with the grimoire spirits, like Solomonic talismans Hoodoos use only I've made a pact that the spirit has agreed and signed upon. So i put their names/characters on the petition paper which i fix with a combo of Lucky-Mojo oils, lodestone and feed magnetic sand with a repetition of the petition at various lunar phases to re-charge.

But anyway I've got to use a combination of herbs available on here that aren't easy for me to grow or get, that have shown themselves to be effective either in bags, baths, or stuffed in vigil candles, with a combo of Lucky Mojo oils. Its something that is so naturally habitual like a bath or washing the floor, but with a psalm, magic oils, a candle flame, and incense burning - whatever. To going out cruising for guys and getting the perfect fitty to come running with oils rather than a body spray. Better still into an unscented body lotion.

And its more handy for everyday life to spiritual affairs, a dose of medicine in whatever aspect of your life your seeking to change, adapt or improve. A lot of the High Magic stuff is too philosophical and internalised/psychological and omits the things which traditionally have always been associated with magic and that is the science of herbs and roots esoteric and medicinal and the intercession of spirits.
Ben_Lilith

Re: From Hermeticism to Hoodoo

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:53 pm

Thanks for the testimonial! I'm glad you have found in my book a way to bridge the gap between ceremonial magic and folk magic!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

hoodoo herb and root magic book

Unread postby HEY_HOW_HOODOOIN » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:19 pm

Hi there, im intrested in Hoodoo Herb and Root magic book,
does the book have warnings about if a herb is toxic, as i have allergies...
HEY_HOW_HOODOOIN

Re: hoodoo herb and root magic book

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:31 pm

There are a few mentions of the most toxic plants, warning people not to ingest them, but this is not a medical book on herbology. There is no guarantee that you will be allergic or non-allergic to any plant in the worl, or in my book. You should consult your doctor for the treatment of allergies.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby trish76 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:08 pm

I also would like to offer a testimonial for this wonderful book. I must admit I didn't initially purchase my first copy from Lucky Mojo BUT after ordering from the company, reading Hoodoo in Theory and practice online, and frequenting the forums I HAD to have the hardcover version (plus my paperback version was getting rough around the edges from usage lol). I still feel like there is an abundance of information to be had every time I open it. I love it! :)

A welcome although unexpected side effect was an appreciation for plant life...I'm a city girl, born and raised, and I never really paid much attention to what little greenery there was around me. I am certainly more appreciative now (of course I live in AZ now lol...kinda dry and definitely less green, in my location anyway). I find myself consciously thinking more about my "footprint" so to speak, and how to be less wasteful. My mom sent me some roses for my birthday and I set a few of them aside to dry them and save the petals for later use. :)
"Don't allow your wounds to transform you into someone you are not". ~ Paulo Coelho ~ ♥
trish76

Unread postby candlemagician » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:56 am

A phone conversation out of the blue, that led to my receiving this book that I will not allow to leave my side. What an amazing Lady Ms. Cat is, and this book is a MUST HAVE! Easy to follow, well written, packed full of info that newbie to the very experienced can use. I can now proudly say I own 2 copies. Just so it is never out of my reach.
candlemagician

Unread postby Mezan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:14 pm

I love my HHRM! Not only does the book have excellent content set up in a really user-friendly way, with many spells and recommendations; it also smells nice, is a beautiful green, and is just the right size. Yay :-)
Thank you for always taking care of me, San Judas.

Thank you, St. Expedite!
Mezan

PreviousNext

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to Books, Pamphlets, Instruction Manuals, and Grimoires in Hoodoo