Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Hi from Central New York

dharmafey

Hi from Central New York

Unread post by dharmafey » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi! I just wanted to introduce myself--I'm so enjoying the forum conversations as well as the back catalogue of radio shows. Thanks so much to everyone who contributes--I'm learning a lot. For the past 8 years I've lived in Central New York (originally Iroquois areas, particularly Cayuga but also near Onondaga). I'm originally from Massachusetts and have ancestry from Quebec and Florida, near Alabama. I'm hoping to gather some lore from my grandmother (88 y.o.) while I still can. Though she hails from a middle-class-looking "no such thing as magic" kind of family, she was raised by her grandmother, a Civil War widow and certainly observed local lore. Luckily she's got a great memory so I'm hopeful to record some of her memories.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Hi from Central New York

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:54 pm

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum dharmafey! One of the many services Lucky Mojo offers is this forum, where you can ask questions about how to use Lucky Mojo's spiritual supplies.

Here are a few others...

(http://www.luckymojo.com/catalogue.html) Lucky Mojo's online catalog that includes the various hoodoo oils, incense, powders, spell kits, and candles.
(http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html) cat's online book of conjure craft: How to make mojo bags; lay tricks; burn candles and incense; use baths, washes, oils, powders, herbs, and roots; draw luck, love and money; and take off crossed conditions.
(http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html) cat's book Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic; also listed here are excerpts from the book.

#1 Rule "Keep your posts relevant. Posts which are not relevant to the particular subforum of the thread on which they are posted lowers the value of the conversation and may be removed.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

chickzilla

Unread post by chickzilla » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:17 pm

Welcome from another newbie from CT. My paternal grandfather and his family were from the Cayuga area. Grandpa was born in Auburn an his mom in Skaneateles. Beautiful country there, I've heard. I would love to see it in my lifetime. Yes this site is packed with info. I am amazed by how much is here actually and I'm grateful for it. Good luck in your studies.
Some things have to be believed to be seen. --- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:52 pm

Welcome to The Forum Dharmafey!
It is wonderful that you have your Grandmother and so much to learn from!
Jwmcclin provided some great links for you,and I'm looking forward to seeing you around!!!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

Miss Ida Lundin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Ida Lundin » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:55 am

Welcome to the Forum Dharmafey!

dharmafey

Unread post by dharmafey » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:41 am

thanks for the welcomes :) I've been an occasional customer over the past years and am enthusiastic to be able to delve further at this time (though, I suppose we all are/were!)

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:09 pm

dharmafey: Welcome to the forums! Glad to see you here!

I, too grew up in Massachusetts...where did you live?

Good luck to you, and again, welcome!

-Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “2011 Public Forum Introductions”