Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

High John The Conqueror Root Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator
Re: High John the Conqueror Root Questions and Answers

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:27 am

As long as your partner doesn't touch it, it should be OK.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Venu: I agree with Mama Micki. I have mine out in "plain sight" on my altar (as far as my house/spouse is concerned) and it has worked strong for me. My John the Conqueror Roots would be upset getting "put away" I believe.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

jamkaret

Unread post by jamkaret » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:41 pm

Miss Cat mentioned up thread that HJC root can be used for athletic power, and I was curious for more info. Is it just a matter of shaping the petition in that direction, or would certain condition or plant oils be more beneficial?

Let's just say I'm putting together a new years order, and anything that could help with making exercizing more enjoyable, or to feel the resaults better, is most welcome. Not to mention my paddleboarding can always use help. :-D

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:45 am

You could certainly just shape your petition work with the High John root to get it working in that direction. You could also add High John chips to any work you are doing for a boost and bolster. A mix of Crown of Success products, High John the Conqueror products, and Master products can produce tremenous results for you. These would work well with the specific condition you want to get working for you.
Joseph Magnuson

BlueFish

Unread post by BlueFish » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:30 am

I asked in another post if I could put things under my guitar pick guard to help with my playing. Kind of like a mojo bag but under the pick guard.

Can I keep a small John the Conqueror root under my pick guard? Or should I keep it in the guitar case so I can have access to it at all times?

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:44 am

I do not play guitar so I am not to familiar with what the guitar pickguard is like or if it will change the vibration of the strings as you play. There is nothing wrong with having a small John the Conqueror on your person while you play and store it in the guitar case when you're not playing.

A little known secret among Southern musicians is to place a Rattlesnake Rattle in the sound hole to make the sound better. Best of luck.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

BlueFish

Unread post by BlueFish » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:56 am

Thanks for the quick reply.

Under the pick guard there are small cavities that the pickups sit in. On the guitar I have there is a cavity in the center that I do not use for anything so it will not change the sound of the guitar if I use it for storage. It is an electric guitar Telecaster. The issue I had was if I needed to feed the root I would have to keep taking the pick guard off.

As for the sound hole on the acoustic I will definitely get that rattle :)

Thanks Again.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:16 am

BlueFish: Perhaps the High John Roots Chips would be a better option. Otherwise you would need a very small High John root to fit under the Telecaster pick-guard. Good luck!
Joseph Magnuson

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: High John The Conqueror Root Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:22 am

Chips and pieces, size varies, they are not uniform.

HER-JTC-RTCH
John the Conqueror Root, Chips and Pieces
$3.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

h2h

Unread post by h2h » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:20 pm

Hello

This is my first post on this forum.

I would like to grow High John the Conqueror in my garden, but several species are associated with the name:

Ipomoea jalapa
Ipomoea purga
Ipomoea pandurata
St. John’s worts

Would experienced forum members provide opinions on which plant they believe to be High John the Conqueror and why?

thanks,

h2h

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:42 pm

h2h: This has been asked many times before. You will not get an answer here. This forum is for the discussion of Lucky Mojo Curio Company Products and how to use them. I assume that you do not even have Miss Cat's book Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic, or you would have your answer already.
Joseph Magnuson

TheBeard

Unread post by TheBeard » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:19 am

I've read that some of you drill into a high john root to pack it with herbs and seal it. I am guessing that if I drilled into it so that I could run a leather cord through it, annoint it with crown of success and wear it like a necklaceit should be fine but I was hoping to get a second opinion as I don't want to offend/disrespect the spirit of the root nor the tradition of hoodoo.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:33 am

Sure, if you had a strong enough drill bit you could get through a High John root. I like the idea of having it with you always. Many more people will drill and pack a nutmeg for different conditions.
Joseph Magnuson

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:45 am

I get so excited when reading about HJTCR, did you know that Lucky Mojo offers the Three Johns Jack ball? Yes! It contains High John the Conqueror Root, Low John (Little John to Chew) Root, and Southern John (Dixie John) Root. Read more about it here in the forums (jack-ball-questions-and-answers-t8479.html) and on the website (http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatmojo.html). ...and of course you can call on its power as you wear it.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

TheBeard

Unread post by TheBeard » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Thank you Joseph. I guess I'll have to see after I place an order for one of the xl high john roots if my little 7.5 volt drill can handle it. @jwmccln the Three Jack Ball sounds perfect. I have to have one. Thank you for that link. I should probably stop putting the cart before the horse and get the herb and rootwork book so I have a better grasp of these fantastic products that keep calling out to me from the LM online store :D .

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:06 pm

Very good idea, here's the link to get you started Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic book.

Its worth every penny.

TheBeard

Unread post by TheBeard » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:19 pm

Thank you so much. I will make sure to include this book in my next order.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:17 am

TheBeard: Sounds good! Make sure to post your progress here, I'd love to hear how it turns out. Also, as a quick word of note, you may want to call the shop and have them reserve one of the bigger Large Sized High Johns instead of the XL size. I have a few altar XL sized roots and they are roughly the size of an apricot. I imagine they would be very hard to wear comfortably! :)
Joseph Magnuson

TheBeard

Unread post by TheBeard » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:03 am

Thanks Joseph I will let you know how it goes. I should be putting in my order on Friday. Yes the xl sounds as though it's not quite going to tuck under my shirt in the same way a small pendant would. I am going to have to get both the large and the xl then. I've only ever seen one high john root before and it was roughly about the size of a quarter, so one that even approaches the size of an apricot sounds pretty awesome and needs to be on my prosperity altar. Thanks again Joseph.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:04 pm

You are very welcome. Best of luck to you and I hope to read a post or two more after you make your High John the Conqueror Root pendent. The book will be an amazing addition as well.
Joseph Magnuson

Indian_conjure

Can John the Conqueror be used by a women or gay person?

Unread post by Indian_conjure » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:18 am

John the Conqueror has an all rounder enhancing effect on people so I was wondering can it be used by woman or a gay person so that they can reap from its benefits or are there any other root which can be a substitute for a women which has the same qualities that of John the Conqueror Root ?

Would you also recommend John The Conqueror root to gay men to attract other men and can they also reap from its many benefits or something else ?

What about lesbians?

Is John the Conqueror root oil has the same properties of the actual root ?and can the oil be used in its place as well?

Please throw some light into this?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator
Re: Can John the Conqueror be used by a women or gay person?

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:34 am

I have seen these questions asked before and am merging your query into the on-going discussion of High John the Conqueror Root.
Joseph Magnuson

Indian_conjure

Unread post by Indian_conjure » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:30 pm

I would appreciate if someone can answer my question above...Thank You.

Turnsteel

Re: Can John the Conqueror be used by a women or gay person?

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:23 am

Indian_conjure wrote:John the Conqueror has an all rounder enhancing effect on people so I was wondering can it be used by woman or a gay person so that they can reap from its benefits or are there any other root which can be a substitute for a women which has the same qualities that of John the Conqueror Root ?
It depends on the individual. Some people simply love working with High John, while others are put off by its spirit.
Indian_conjure wrote: Would you also recommend John The Conqueror root to gay men to attract other men and can they also reap from its many benefits or something else ? What about lesbians?
Well, I'm gay and I love working with High John, but again it depends on the individual, ask the person and ask the root.
Indian_conjure wrote:? Is John the Conqueror root oil has the same properties of the actual root ?and can the oil be used in its place as well?
Real High John oil has actual root chips in the oil, so it can confer many of the benefits of the root. But its an oil, so it can't be worked in the same way as a whole root. You can't carry it as a pocket piece or bore a hole in it and fix it with personal concerns or the like. But the oil is great for dressing candles, charms, mojo hands, people and of course, a High John root.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 pm

Have to acknowledge the great advice and comments by Turnsteel on this one.

The oil is definitely not a replacement for the root itself, but it can do SO MUCH that the actual root cannot do. I will chip a High John Root to add to candle dressings, but the Oil is still what I use to dress the entire candle.

Read about John the Conqueror Oil here:

John the Conqueror Oil Questions and Answers
john-the-conqueror-oil-questions-and-an ... 05s90.html
Joseph Magnuson

TheBeard

Unread post by TheBeard » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:12 am

Just wanted to update that I did purchase an xl high john root for my altar. Joseph I'm glad you advised me not to use that one as a pendant, it is simply too big for that but is perfect as an altar piece. I did get a smaller one and was able to drill into it to use as a pendant. The insides of these roots are not only solid but sticky and it will grab your drill bit so you have to hold onto it with a glove to keep it from spinning. Anyway I annointed it with about 5 different lucky mojo oils and could instantly sense the power in it after doing so. LM oils are no joke. The xl high john is a big honkin root, I think mine was attempting to become a pumpkin. I was happy with how it all turned out.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:35 am

Nice to hear! I love the XL High Johns as altar pieces. Little mountains of power!

BOT-JOH-WRSM
John the Conqueror Root, Small
$5.00

Master Root may be a better choice for you in the situation you describe.

BOT-MAS-WRXL
Master Root, Whole Root, Extra large
$8.00

Joseph Magnuson

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:35 am

Nice to hear! I love the XL High Johns as altar pieces. Little mountains of power!
Joseph Magnuson

Tonrj1

High John The Conquer

Unread post by Tonrj1 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:31 pm

I want to know how to work with the high John root work, I'm in need of a career, money, love and health is using the high John products good for this area. Also if so what product to buy and what prayers would say to draw in luck in these areas

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:26 am

Tonrj1: Have you checked out the information page on High John located here: http://www.luckymojo.com/johntheconqueror.html

Lots of information available on that page, for sure.
Joseph Magnuson

BerthaB

John the Conqueror

Unread post by BerthaB » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:12 pm

Hi I wasn't sure where to post this question, so sorry in advance. I've been working with john the conqueror products and seeing good results. The thing is I'm not sure how to thank him properly?
I love you Jesus!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: John the Conqueror

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:20 pm

It seems that you may be doing just that. When you are talking to your root, make sure that you show your appreciation in words or by adding something you know the root would like...e.g. his namesake oil.

Conjureangel

Re: High John The Conqueror Root

Unread post by Conjureangel » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:48 am

Does the lm John the conquerer root and chips come with just one root?

angelael

Unread post by angelael » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:18 pm

You can order High John the Conqueror as chips and pieces or as a whole root: http://www.luckymojo.com/johntheconqueror.html

Primal_The_Learner

John the conquerer root as my mojo hand?

Unread post by Primal_The_Learner » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:20 am

I just received my XL John the conquerer root.I have annointed it with John the conqueror oil.And I prayed over it while I was doing it asking for exactly what I wanted.I can sense the energy from the root and I relate to it as if it were alive.It is alive to me.I am now carrying it in my pocket.Can this be considered my Mojo hand?

If so how do I feed it? And how often do I annoint it with John the conqueror oil.Do I annoint it regularly?

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator
Re: John the conquerer root as my mojo hand?

Unread post by MissMichaele » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:43 am

Well, I'd call it a "pocket piece" rather than a mojo hand, since it's a single curio loose in your pocket. Sounds like yours will be plenty powerful! You've already fed it once by anointing it with John the Conqueror oil. I like to feed my mojos once a week; others don't feed them that often and report good results.

Best of luck,

Miss Michaele
Forum Moderator - Member of AIRR

Primal_The_Learner

Unread post by Primal_The_Learner » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 pm

MissMichaele

Thank you!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:27 am

Definitely a pocket piece...and what a powerful one at that! Good luck with him.
Joseph Magnuson

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator
Re: John the Conqueror

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:58 am

BerthaB: I make sure to talk to John himself. I have found great results from having conversational from-the-heart talk with High John.
Joseph Magnuson

Primal_The_Learner

Unread post by Primal_The_Learner » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:22 am

I had dressed my HJCR pocket piece with HJCR oil when I first got it and have done this once a week eversince but then I read about how Mojo's like to be fed with whiskey to keep them alive.

Are pocket pieces the same way? Am I feeding it right with the HJCR oil or do I need to feed it with whiskey?

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:37 am

Primal_The_Learner

You can either feed it with oil or whiskey. Use a pendulum to find out which the root prefers.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!

abadd1
john the conqueror root success stories

Unread post by abadd1 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:58 pm

i ordered an extra large jtcr and was wondering what experiences people have had with this. can jtcr users please share your experiences?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:59 am

Hi abadd1,

you'll find lots on how people have used John the Conqueror root in the following thread that I've merged your post into. On my side, I can for a number of male friends who've had success using the extra-large root as a pocket piece in matters of mastery, to overcome shyness and improve their personal power. Usually they will oil it with Nature oil, Power oil and/or John the Conqueror oil for those purposes.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:35 am

abadd1: The extra large High John the Conqueror roots are very well suited for altar pieces. Keep it on your altar among your other roots and go to it when needed.

BOT-JOH-WRSM
John the Conqueror Root, Small
$5.00

Master Root may be a better choice for you in the situation you describe.

BOT-MAS-WRXL
Master Root, Whole Root, Extra large
$8.00

Joseph Magnuson

pauhamilt

Unread post by pauhamilt » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:05 pm

I have a question about High John root, the answer has been touched upon in some other posts but specifically I was wondering how to chip a piece off a large root. The root is as hard as iron and I have tried using a chisel and hammer and the hammer bounced right off it and the chisel didn't make a dent! It was pretty startling to be honest. I suppose that's why it's used the way it's used, It's amazingly tough stuff. Should I just give up and buy High John Root already in chip form? It seems like the root ball I have wants to stay that way. Also, in light of its apparent tenacity how the heck do people powder this stuff?? Or don't they?

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Hello, Pauhamilt,
Boy, isn't THAT the truth?? I am a small woman and believe that I would need Mr Universe to help me break a piece off!
Seriously, it does sound like the root doesn't want to be touched.
Yes, buy it in chip form. Save the one you havr for something REALLY important.
Yes, you can use a grater. Or even an electric grinder. It can be done.
Hope this helps.
Sleep well!!

abadd1

Unread post by abadd1 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:50 pm

i dont know if im doing something wrong. i have a large hjtc root as a pocket piece. i have not noticed anything different since getting it. am i doing something wrong? am i supposed to initiate it somehow? i have jtc oil and i have dabbed my hjtc root with it. my question is what sort of things can i expect? i dont see much information about what sort of things happen with this root. can someone help me please?

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:57 pm

Hello, Abadd1,
Here's an entire page. Also tells you what to do. www.luckymojo.com/johntheconqueror.html
Just keep reading and there's more information toward the middle and bottom.
Hope this helps.
Take care!!!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:29 am

pauhamilt: I have a set of printing block tools that I use and they work quite well. They are for carving rubber blocks/wood blocks to make prints. Ultra sharp, very touch, and made for chipping, skinning, and flaking.
Joseph Magnuson

blackmirror

Unread post by blackmirror » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:09 pm

Greetings!

Is a High John the Conqueror root sometimes called a John the Conqueror stone?

I'm currently reading a book titled, "Coming Through: Voices of a South Carolina Gullah Community". It's a collection of interviews with Gullah men and women recorded in the 1930s by Genevieve Chandler for the WPA Writer's Project. In one of the interviews from 1938, a Gullah man named Andrew Keith talks an bit about local superstitions regarding the eagle and describes a stone that can be found in the eagle's nest which is used to bring good luck. At the end of a story about an unsuccessful attempt to acquire one of these stones, he says, "They wantin' to cut that pine cause they interested in that stone. Very fortunate stone. Of course all Bankers have it. Some say it'll protect in court. Has very powerful influence on judge and jurors. I have a book that advertise these wonderful charms and stones. From Louisiana. One called 'John the Conqueror.' Seem to be very powerful stone."

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:11 pm

Hi, Kevin,
It sure sounds like the whole root to me.
I remember reading somewhere (I think Miss cat wrote it, but not 100% sure) that they can be hard as stones.
I know that it was IMPOSSIBLE for me to cut my whole John Root. It sure felt like I was cutting through stone. I gave up....LOL
Have a great evening

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:12 pm

John the Conqueror is a root, not a stone. However, some may have mistaken it for a stone.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!

blackmirror
John the Conqueror Root / High John the Conqueror Root

Unread post by blackmirror » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:50 pm

Greetings!

Thank you to Miss Aida and Mama Micki for answering my previous question.

I am currently reading a book called "Blue Roots" by Roger Pinkney and I have a question about a reference he makes to HJtCR.

I understand that you need to be careful when reading books about hoodoo and, preferably, read only primary source material when possible. This book seems legit so far; the author grew up among Gullah people and the bibliography mentions quality books about hoodoo including volumes one and two of Harry Hyatt's set.

Anyway, in the book Pinkney writes that John the Conqueror Root is not High John the Conqueror Root until dressed with "prayer and Heart's Cologne". I looked up JtCR/HJtCR up in the Encyclopedia of African American History, HHaRM, and on LMCC and did learn from the LMCC site that Heart's Cologne is actually Hoyt's Cologne but I didn't see find anything specific about differentiating JtCR from HJtCR.

Would this differentiation be specific to the Gullah people of my area or did I miss something on the LMCC site? (Or is the book just wrong?)

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:51 am

Anyway, in the book Pinkney writes that John the Conqueror Root is not High John the Conqueror Root until dressed with "prayer and Heart's Cologne".
I have not read the book yet, and I am going by the wording. What it sounds like in the book the author, with what he knows, is saying in order for John the Conqueror Root to become High John the Conqueror Root it must be fixed with Hoyts Cologne and prayed over. It is still the same root it just hasn't been "awoken" yet. That is just my guess, and look forward to what others insights to this will be. :-)
Thank you, St. Expedite!

shanchu

Unread post by shanchu » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:05 am

Should I carry a John the conquer root in a plastic bag or by itself?

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:00 pm

Carry the root itself in your pocket.
Thank you, St. Expedite!

shanchu

Unread post by shanchu » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:48 pm

Awesome and is it bad that I let people touch it or see it, if not , how should I activate it?

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Good Evening, Shanchu,
Papa Newt gives your answer here:
Papa Newt wrote:I have not read the book yet, and I am going by the wording. What it sounds like in the book the author, with what he knows, is saying in order for John the Conqueror Root to become High John the Conqueror Root it must be fixed with Hoyts Cologne and prayed over. It is still the same root it just hasn't been "awoken" yet. That is just my guess, and look forward to what others insights to this will be. :-)

shanchu

Unread post by shanchu » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:02 pm

what about letting other people touch it/see it

shanchu

Unread post by shanchu » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:46 pm

anybody?

Reason: useless post

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”