• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:02 pm

High John The Conqueror Root Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.

High John The Conqueror Root Questions and Answers

Unread postby jwmcclin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:01 am

I read in HHRM that you can carry a HJTCR alone anointed with an appropriate oil for personal mastery and you will never be long without money or a lover. My question is, should the root be kept in a mojo bag or as stated alone?
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: High John The Conqueror Root

Unread postby Turnsteel » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:05 am

Either/or. Some people make a mojo out of it others carry it as a pocket piece.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby jwmcclin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:26 am

Thanks Turnsteel and I'm glad that you responded quickly. By the way I just PM(ed) you on another topic, but its just sitting in my outbox.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Turnsteel » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:33 am

jwmcclin wrote:Thanks Turnsteel and I glad that you responded quickly. By the way I just PM(ed) you on another topic but its just sitting my in out box.

It went through. Messages always sit in the outbox a while after they are sent.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby theusurper » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:24 am

what oil, maybe crown of success , van van? i want to know.
theusurper

Unread postby Devi Spring » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:40 am

what oil, maybe crown of success , van van? i want to know.

Depends on what you want your root working for...Attraction would bring a bit of everything.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Turnsteel » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:03 am

theusurper wrote:what oil, maybe crown of success , van van? i want to know.

High John oil perhaps?
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby jwmcclin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:09 am

I read... for success/personal power... dress with Crown of Success...this is just one of many...

[Thanks again Turnsteel...]
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

What is High John The Conqueror Used For?

Unread postby detached » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:48 pm

I've read in different occult books and in Lucky Mojo about High John the Conqueror Root, but I'm still not understanding very clearly. I just need it to be broken down for me. What exactly is it used for, and for what circumstances do each one of you all choose to use it? Thank you.
Last edited by Joseph Magnuson on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: clarity & spelling
detached

Re: High John The Conquerer

Unread postby jwmcclin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:04 pm

Check this out.... http://www.luckymojo.com/johntheconqueror.html

I use it for personal mastery....
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby detached » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:13 pm

do u have a more detailed example?
detached

Unread postby jwmcclin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:18 pm

did you read this.... high-john-the-conquerer-t3093.html#p15690

I use it for personal mastery...
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

High John the Conqueror Root Questions and Answers

Unread postby knowledgeseeker » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:24 pm

Hi
I did something stupid and washed my hubby's pants with a sack containing a large piece of john the conqueror root in it. My question is whether or not its ruined? Can it be reactivated etc?

Thanx
mona
knowledgeseeker

Re: john the congueror

Unread postby Mama Micki » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:44 pm

It's probably OK. Put some whiskey and John the Conqueror oil on it.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

John the conqueror root

Unread postby k77084 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:52 pm

Hi all,
I purchased a John the conqueror root from LM awhile ago with the intent to use it for a specific job I was doing, in the end did not use it. Everything that I have read states to use it for power, money, luck etc. The question that I have is a friend of mine who practices under different ways stated you can use this root to curse someone as well. I have not read anything to that effect and wondered what the opinions here would be. Just curios if anyone else has ever used this for that application as well.
Thanks!
Kiana :)
k77084

Re: John the conqueror root

Unread postby jwmcclin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:53 pm

I use for personal power...
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

john the conqueror root

Unread postby dream » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:42 am

hi everyone

i recently bought the john the conqueror root from LM & want to do the jackball spell with it, but its really hard & i cant cut a hole into it. would anyone know if its ok to soak the root in something to soften it? thanks.
dream

Re: john the conqueror root

Unread postby Devi Spring » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:15 pm

I think you actually just need to get an electric drill with a small bit. Or use a drill head for a dremel.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:39 pm

Yeah, its best to use a small drill to make a hole or cut in John the C root. They are too hard to cut by hand.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

John the Conquerer root for women?

Unread postby GranIbo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:18 pm

I am a woman interested in getting more respect from a (female) superior at work, and have been browsing in the LM catalog. In addition to Boss Fix and Crown of Success, it seems Commanding products come closest to the effects I'm looking for. I read about fixing a John the Conquerer root to command respect on the job, and I'm wondering if this would be appropriate for me as the root seems to have a strong "macho" vibration. If not, what would be a reasonable substitute?

Thank you for taking the time.
GranIbo

Re: John the Conquerer root for women?

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:23 pm

...and that is what it does 'add a strong testosterone driven energy.'
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:57 pm

John the Conqueor has masculine attributes and is often considered a "male" root. However, I've seen it fixed for women before as well, wishing to the qualities it bestows.

Traditionally for women, Queen Elizabeth is used instead of John the Conqueror, especially in matters of love.

If you are looking to dominate a co-worker or boss look into Commanding products, Boss Fix, and I Can, You Can't.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:01 pm

John the Conqueror is used by strong women for gambling as well as for rulership. Not all women like the feeling of it, however.

BOT-JOH-WRSM
John the Conqueror Root, Small
$5.00

Master Root may be a better choice for you in the situation you describe.

BOT-MAS-WRXL
Master Root, Whole Root, Extra large
$8.00

catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby kmew1315 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:21 pm

Can't St. Martha also be used by women for dominating purposes?
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315
kmew1315

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:12 am

Kevin is correct. St. Martha can help with this situation if the poster felt comfortable.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:41 am

As Stars indicated, St. Martha would indeed work for this situation. She has a strong hand when it comes to dominating in matters of employment and giving women a helping hand against other women, or men.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby GranIbo » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:11 am

Wow, thank you everyone for your help. I think I'll start with Master Root, Commanding and probably Crown of Success, I'm trying for mutual respect and not necessarily domination. I can always go more coercive if necessary. :)
GranIbo

Unread postby Dr. E. » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:24 pm

I'll offer my humble opinion here too. If you're looking for respect on the job, I've actually gotten a lot of success by crafting a mojo bag out of three herbs: Master Root (as Miss Cat mentioned), Sampson Snake Root (to gain their admiration), and Gravel Root (for employment).

You can also tweak this a bit depending on your situation. If you want to cultivate female power and assertion (without that macho "GRRR" edge) you could swap out the Master Root for Angelica Root. It helps support your female power and it is also a protective root. Master Root works well in this mojo bag because you learn to masterfully handle interpersonal communication and how to navigate the often rough waters of the workplace.
Dr. E. - AIRR Member and Graduate of H.R.C.C. #1266G
Dr. E.

Unread postby GranIbo » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:48 am

Thank you very much, Dr. E. I had wondered about Angelica root, I've used it before and like it a lot.

Would it be alright to get a selection of these roots just to see how they feel? Maybe ask the roots themselves if they'd like to work with me? I'm a very touchy-feely sort of person and get a sense of things by handling them, which is why I wanted to make up my first mojo myself.

If I got a JTC root and it didn't feel right for my own use, could I dress it for my grown son?

Thanks again for your help.
GranIbo

Unread postby Miss Bri » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:05 am

GranIbo wrote:Thank you very much, Dr. E. I had wondered about Angelica root, I've used it before and like it a lot.

Would it be alright to get a selection of these roots just to see how they feel? Maybe ask the roots themselves if they'd like to work with me? I'm a very touchy-feely sort of person and get a sense of things by handling them, which is why I wanted to make up my first mojo myself.

If I got a JTC root and it didn't feel right for my own use, could I dress it for my grown son?

Thanks again for your help.

Yes, it is totally fine to play with each of the roots and see how they feel to you. John the Conqueror is a very potent root curio and you will no doubt find a use for it elsewhere if you decide not to use it personally.

Good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

High John root

Unread postby rootmagic » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:57 pm

Hi all,

I have got a big High John root from LM and I intend to use it for mastery, success and power.

what I need to know is the following:

1- Is there any traditional ways for the activation of the root? Beside praying over it I mean.

2- If I want to feed the root Whisky which days of the week should I set aside for its feeding? Is Monday a traditional day for doing this?

3- To feed it I thought I would just place it in a glass and pour whisky over it and let it lie there over night, maybe together with a candle. I am thinking a red or purple candle. Is this correct according to how the root is worked with traditionally?

4- I am thinking about having the root in a purple mojo bag, maybe together with a piece of liquorice and calamus root. Does that sound correct and good to you?

ok, thanks!
rootmagic

Re: High John root

Unread postby rootmagic » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:07 pm

I should add that the last part, about adding liquorice and calamus would be for general power, dominace and mastery over all situations and persons encountered and the question that I forgot to add was if one also can feed them in the same as the Jalap root or if they must be fed oils.
rootmagic

Unread postby isaiah95 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am really concerned for my mother. The other day she called me and she was very upset. She stated that her twin brother made her cry and that she was heart broken. First let me tell you a little history. My mother helped my uncle out over 20 years ago. He had some issues with drugs and he had to go away to jail for about 2 years. Well when he came out my mother took him in. This supposed to be for a short time until he got on his feet. Well he has been living (renting) a room in her house for over 20 years he never left. My mother always treated him fair, but over the years while my mother was blessed with a 2 family home and a home in Maryland and doing well for herself my uncle acts a little funny. When she visits Maryland he does not want to oversee the home or do any other things like take the garbage out or even collect the rent from the renters in her home. Even though he agreed to do it when she goes out of town he always asks her, "when are you coming back? " Keep in mind my mother always pays him when this happens and if he does do odd jobs around the home. So at this point she feels bad to leave. Any way last week some work was being done in her home and my uncle came out in the hallway to see what was going on. My mother was in the hallway on his floor with the contractor. My uncle came out screamimg and cursing. My mother tried to quiet him down, but he just continued. My uncle ended uip looking at my mother, pointed at her and said, "F" YOU !!!!. Excuse my language. He did this in front of company and my mother was devastated. He still has not said sorry, but tries to talk to her in a nice way. She still is hurt. My mother said that she was ready to send him packing, with hot foot products. I said wait and let me get some ideas from the LM community. Can anyone please help my mother and my uncle. My mother just want things to go smooth and for him to help her like a brother should, especially when she needs the help and for him to keep his mouth shut. He always threatens my mother anout moving, but he never leaves.

Thanks
isaiah95

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:26 pm

I have "drilled" them out with a sharp pocket knife blade. They are very hard.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

High John the Conqueror

Unread postby kmj » Mon May 17, 2010 8:01 am

Cat, I have a question regarding High John the Conqueror: In your book, it lists several species for High John the Conqueror. I was wondering if Mirabilis Jalapa (4 O'clocks) is in the same family or a suitable substitution.

Another question: Does Lucky Mojo sell the lives plants? Thanks in advance.
kmj

Re: High John the Conqueror

Unread postby cognitivedissonance » Mon May 17, 2010 7:47 pm

I've actually had the same problem!!!! I read one book that was firmly adamant that it's St. John's Wort.
cognitivedissonance

Unread postby Turnsteel » Mon May 17, 2010 8:07 pm

cognitivedissonance wrote:I've actually had the same problem!!!! I read one book that was firmly adamant that it's St. John's Wort.

I think we've both read the same book! lol. That is of course patently false and if the author had actually seen and worked with the plants they know it,lol.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon May 17, 2010 8:20 pm

It is not 4 O'Clocks, kmj! Come on, think about it -- that's not a native plant in the USA -- and John the Conquer is so very well known and native. For gosh sake, why not ask me if you can substitute use a Louisiana Yam or a Sweet Potato -- "it's in the same family."

And cognitive dissonance, have you ever seen the roots of Saint John's Wort? All you need to do is to look at the old catalogues. The root is illustrated over and over in the catalogues, you know. And the images are obviously of Impomoea jalapa.

And if y'all want to know if we sell something, please just check our complete inventory, don't ask here. It is online and updated monthly at

http://luckymojo.com/inventory
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

High John the Conqueror Root Questions and Answers

Unread postby blackcateyes » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:03 pm

:o What have I done????? :o Anyways...I was reading something Dr. K said to do and twisted it into something I would do..he said to use wax to plug up the hole you would bore into the root after adding certain herbs to make it more powerful and then seal it with wax...don't know why but I got the bright idea to seal it with a piece of cotton ball and some cement glue...well it was still wet from the whiskey I was soaking it in..when I applied the glue..and now..about a week to two weeks later it's still sticky...did I mess it up beyond repair??? I applied high john the conqueror oil to it to condition it as well....and it's still sticky only now it looks like a raisin what should I do???? hhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeelllllllllpppppppp!!!!!
Just a spoon full of honey makes the medicine go down....;)
blackcateyes

Re: High John root and Glue????

Unread postby Devi Spring » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:10 pm

I would personally bury that root with respect.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby blackcateyes » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:12 pm

Devi Spring wrote:I would personally bury that root with respect.

WoW...I did that bad huh....in a cemetery or anywhere will do?
blackcateyes

Unread postby Devi Spring » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:13 pm

Bury it in your yard, or at a crossroads.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby blackcateyes » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:34 pm

second line of questioning ..and by the way..THANK YOU WAY TOO MUCH ALTHOUGH IT'S NEVER ENOUGH ;) for such speedy replies and helping my sillyness out...but I was told to soak the root in whiskey for 3 days and knock it on the altar 3 times on a sunday I believe....was that the right thing to do ..cause when I did soak it ...it seemed to get pretty mushy pretty quickly...so my guess is not to soak it for too long????
blackcateyes

High John The Conqueror Extra Large!

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:13 pm

I just got my Extra Large High John the Conqueror Roots from Lucky Mojo and wanted to say that they are truly amazing! Way better looking than I expected...

I have had a few large roots before for chipping, etc...but never the beautiful specimens that ARE the XL roots. Thank you Lucky Mojo for getting them in and letting us know that they had arrived! I am thrilled that I have some.

Anyone who has had success when working with High John Roots should definitely look into getting an Extra Large for their altar or as a pocket piece, etc. They are more than worth it!

-Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Re: High John The Conqueror Extra Large!

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:27 pm

Glad you liked it, Joseph. John the Conqueror roots are individual items, and vary in size from year to year. Some years they are all small, other years, we get in a variety. This batch, which included XL roots, actually marked the first time we have had XL roots in about three years!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: High John The Conqueror Extra Large!

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:50 am

I had noticed that. I hadn't seen the XL's in the shop for at least the last 2 years. I'm thankful that the Facebook page and the Twitter account both had updates on the availability of these powerful giants!

-Joseph M
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Re: High John the Conqueror Root Questions and Answers

Unread postby wlfgng13 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:33 am

High John the Conqueror root is used by a female to do something towards a male.

What would I use if I am man and need do something towards a female?
wlfgng13

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:35 am

wlfgng13 --

I think you have your information backwards.

John the Conqueror is essentially a man's root when it is used by men for their sexual power, especially when working to get a woman to love them.

It is also used by both sexes for luck in gambling, and for physical, mental, spiritual, and athletic power in general.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

John the Conqueror Root Questions and Answers

Unread postby jazzie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:20 pm

what is the day for working with john the conqueror?

since it deals with mastery and also blockages or even success, i see sunday, wednesday and thursday as potential candidates

but, can one also light it on the day that is related to the matter involved?

thanks
jazzie

John the Conqueror Root Questions and Answers

Unread postby jazzie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:47 pm

it dawned on me, since this is the first time im thinking of using high john

is high john the conqueror a person (entity) one petitions too?

im used to doing petitions for entities (saints, spirits) and name papers for non-entities
jazzie

Re: John the Conqueror Root Questions and Answers Post a reply

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:40 pm

Jazzie, there is no special "day" for working with John the Conqueror Root products. You carry the root, wear the oil, or dress candles with it according to your condition or situation.

If you are asking whether certain days are preferred for starting certain types of jobs, well, some folks will say so, and others, equally traditional and proficient in this work, will so not.

If working according to certain days is something of interest to you, read these sources of information at "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice":

http://luckymojo.com/planetary.html

http://luckymojo.com/moonphases.html

http://luckymojo.com/zodiacal.html

God luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: John the Conqueror Root Questions and Answers

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Jazzie,

John the Conqueror is a root who is also tied to a folkloric figure. Its one of the most powerful root spirits in my opinion.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Using High John the Conqueror

Unread postby Macumba » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:40 am

Hi everyone,

I got High John the Conqueror root (whole root), I have read about its numerous usages in Miss Cats's book, but I'd like to consult you what do you think about customizing it for the matter of love? To carry it with me to attract somebody on whom I am already working a honey jar...

Would you use it for that case, and if yes, what would be the right way to use it (if not in Mojo bag?)...
Sorry in advance if this question has already been asked, it might be that I haven't seen it. :oops:

Thanks,
regards,
M. :)
Macumba

Re: Using High John the Conqueror

Unread postby aura » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:19 am

Hi Macumba,

one way to use it would be to wear it as a pocket piece with for helping your personality takes on those traits of the High John root that will be attractive to your intended lover. You could anoint it with ''Follow Me Girl'' or ''Come To Me'' while explaining to the root what character you wish to adopt and what magnetism you wish to exert on the loved one. Then finger the piece as you speak to them.

Others will no doubt have other alternatives to offer you.

Blessings.
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Macumba » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:15 am

Hi Aura,

thank you so much for the replay and help, you are so kind! :)

regards!
Macumba

Unread postby jwmcclin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:15 pm

Read here for additional spells http://www.luckymojo.com/johntheconqueror.html
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Anointing John the conqueror root?

Unread postby constano » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:02 am

Would there be anything improper about anointing my LM John the conqueror root with LM power and protection oils? I wanted to wear it around my neck when I'm at work. I'm a nurse, so other the other things I carry I have anointed with LM healing oils. Forgive me if I'm off track, but I'm still waiting to qualify for Miss Cat's hoodoo course.
HRCC Graduate #1784
constano

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:17 am

constano, i have merged your query into the ongoing discussion thread about John the Conqueror roots and, as you can see, this question has been asked and answered before. Yes, you can anoint the root with appropriate oils. Many people do so and it is quite traditional to do so. Not all do it, though -- and some anoint with other liquids (not a dressing oil) such as perfume (for example Hoyt's Cologne) or whiskey (for example, Jack Daniels #7).
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby constano » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Thanks Miss Cat for your reply! Glad those oils are not contraindicated for use on it. I just read through the other posts on John the C root, too. Thanks again.
HRCC Graduate #1784
constano

Unread postby Venu » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:41 pm

I had a quick question about High John the Conqueror root. I purchased an extra-large root from Lucky Mojo earlier this year (love it!) and have been dressing it regularly with Crown of Success oil as per HHRM. My question is, is it as important to keep it out of the sight & away from the touch of others as one would do for a mojo? Or is it okay if someone (my partner, for example) would happen to see it on my altar, for instance? Sometimes after I dress it I like to put it on the altar for a bit (it seems to enjoy this), so I was wondering.
Venu Carney #1787G
Venu

Next

• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

Return to Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork