• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Hoodoo, Conjure, Training Workshops

It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:24 pm

HITAP: Hoodoo in Theory and Practice: Questions and Answers

How to take cat's Correspondence Course, plus news about Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Workshops, Apprenticeships, and Parties.

HITAP: Hoodoo in Theory and Practice: Questions and Answers

Unread postby yooster976 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi Cat

Are you planning to ever release your online book
of Hoodoo in theory and practice, in a book form
to purchase, because it would certainly sell very
well, or when you say it is in progress do you mean
as an online book only. It would be good to see the
book out there, especially with the Lucky Mojo products
in it.

Brian
yooster976

Re: Book in progress

Unread postby J Simulcik » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:18 pm

I would certainly buy a hard copy of HITAP to place next to the other two, as would others. The question comes in with whether enough people would be willing to pay for material that is available for free, only in bound form. I believe I read somewhere that Miss Cat adds an article a week, so it's an ever-expanding work, but that would just make me look forward to HITAP Vol. 2! :geek:
J Simulcik

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:07 pm

I have hopes to finish it in book form. I am continuing to work on it, but also have many other projcts on my work-table.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby yooster976 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:06 pm

Hoodoo in theory and practice has so much relevant information
to anyone who has an interest in hoodoo that it couldnt be anything
but a classic if it was ever to be released, but for all of us time is a
factor and this work is still not complete. But we may hopefully see
it one day.
Brian
yooster976

Unread postby K54 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:30 pm

J Simulcik wrote:I would certainly buy a hard copy of HITAP to place next to the other two, as would others. The question comes in with whether enough people would be willing to pay for material that is available for free, only in bound form. I believe I read somewhere that Miss Cat adds an article a week, so it's an ever-expanding work, but that would just make me look forward to HITAP Vol. 2! :geek:

I'd definitely buy a hard copy version. One, I find reading an "ebook" very tedious... no where near as comfortable (scrolling etc) as turning paper pages. Also I can take a book anywhere with me (I don't own a laptop and never will). Yep I will be among the first buyers of a hard copy of HITAP!
K54

Unread postby misterkurtis » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:01 pm

i would buy a copy for sure.
misterkurtis

Unread postby NENA1182004 » Sat May 02, 2009 6:05 pm

I would buy one definitely!!!!!
NENA1182004

Unread postby 106964pmmslp » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:49 am

I would buy one and I am looking forward to you publishing a copy
106964pmmslp

Unread postby fausto » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:43 am

Put me down for one as well...I just got my copy of HHRM a week ago. Its an awesome book.
fausto

Hoodoo in Theory and Practice Questions and Answers

Unread postby Nathaniel » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:30 am

hi all. just wondering if Luckmojo had any plans whatsoever to sell the HOODOO
IN THEORY AND PRACTICE and entire website spell/hoodoo information on cd\dvd\disk or not. I think that that might help a lot of people with dail-up, no internet connection or someone who just might want everything in one place(cd/dvd). They can take the dvd/cd anywhere with them and run on computers that has no internet connection and still study HooDoo.

I don't know whether or not Luckmojo has any plans to make the course out of an audio/video course but if so i'm sure you'll make a lot of people super happy.

tanks all
Nathaniel

Re: HOODOO IN THEORY AND PRACTICE

Unread postby Mama Micki » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:48 am

HITAP is not complete; Miss Cat adds to it periodically. If you are really interested in studying Hoodoo, I suggest taking the Course.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Nathaniel » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:20 am

hi Mama Micki. I am taking the course. Just in the first lessons though. I was just suggesting that a lot of people might be interested in a cd/dvd/video/audio format. i know that different people learn in different ways for some reason. lol

thanks
Nathaniel

Unread postby Mama Micki » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:27 pm

Hey, Nathaniel, sorry if I came off as a little harsh. :) It's just that a lot of people just want everything spoon fed to them and don't want to take time to learn anything new. I'm glad you're investing some time and money into taking the Course; you'll find it very informative.

If anyone wants to reference HITAP more easily, it can be printed or saved on a CD or USB stick.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:33 pm

cleopatra wrote:One could print out the HITAP pages that are complete or save them on a CD or USB stick.

Has Ms.Cat given her ok to that? I wouldn't advise such a thing unless you had permission from the person that put it all together..
Turnsteel

Unread postby Mama Micki » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:46 pm

I'm no attorney or expert on copyright law, but as long as it is only for personal use (not sharing or selling to others), anything on the internet can be saved or printed. It would be another matter if material were copied onto another website or someone were to print the material and try to sell it. But just printing the pages so you don't have to turn on your computer in the middle of the night shouldn't be a problem.

Also, much of HITAP promotes LM products, so the more people have access to it, the better for Miss Cat and LM.

Of course, I will defer to Miss Cat if she has a different opinion.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:10 pm

cleopatra wrote:I'm no attorney or expert on copyright law, but as long as it is only for personal use (not sharing or selling to others), anything on the internet can be saved or printed. It would be another matter if material were copied onto another website or someone were to print the material and try to sell it. But just printing the pages so you don't have to turn on your computer in the middle of the night shouldn't be a problem.

Also, much of HITAP promotes LM products, so the more people have access to it, the better for Miss Cat and LM.

Of course, I will defer to Miss Cat if she has a different opinion.

Very true, I'm not sure of the legality of it myself, it just seems more polite to ask.
Turnsteel

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:16 pm

Folks, copyright law has NOTHING to do with whether you sell, give away, or keep the item you copy.

Look at the word: Copyright. Copy right. The right to copy.

That's what i have over my writing -- the right to copy it. That's what you do not have over my writing -- the right to copy it.

Each author can retain the copyright -- the right to copy -- for his or her work. Most professional authors do retain their copyrights. Why? Because that is how they earn their living.

Simple, when you look at the word: copyright = the right to make copies.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: HITAP: Hoodoo in Theory and Practice: Questions and Answers

Unread postby EavanStar » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:50 pm

Im happy I found this b/c I was about to ask the same thing. Id love a HITAP hardcopy for times when the internet isnt easily accessible to me. :D
~Eavan *
Student #1655
EavanStar

Unread postby d1angel » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:43 pm

I would like to buy a copy when you publish a hard copy. I'm especially fascinated by the Secrets of the Psalms section - I think my many-times-great-grandfather, Matthias Gish, was part of that Mennonite/Anabaptist movement. It was a pleasant surprise to see family names on that page!
Donna
d1angel

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:17 pm

d1angel -- I currently have no immediate plans for collecting this material into printed book form, but i hope to get around to it within the next few years. I'm glad you saw family names on that page!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby papagee » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:57 am

Miss Cat, I certainly understand about FINDING THE TIME to get a book in order and out in print.

We had our phone interview back in June and I am JUST NOW to the point where I can begin my studies in the course. We talked about I was putting out a book on Essential Oils and Aromatherapy but I actually put out two books since we spoke.

Then, the matter of getting our company's essentials oils and soaps on Amazon. All that is complete. Now just have to finish up with Holiday sales in our shop.

Looking forward to the Correspondence course being a friend I turn to this winter when it's cold outside.

But, no, many don't understand how much time is involved in putting out a print edition - even IF all the text is already written!

Papa Gee (Greg)
"You can't practice witchcraft while you look down your nose at it." - Practical Magic
papagee

Unread postby WillieMoon » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:13 pm

I would most certainly buy a hard copy. I love the feel and smell of a book in my hands.
WillieMoon

• Advertisement
Lucky-Mojo-Hoodoo-Rootwork-Hour-Radio-Show.com

Return to Catherine's Correspondence Course and Apprenticeship Program