• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo prepared or pre-made spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.

Re: Honey Jar Spell

Unread postby shuchingwu » Wed May 20, 2009 12:06 pm

Hi, I am new to this and want to start a honey jar, but I travel a lot. I know I should light a candle on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Can I start on any of these days? Can I pack my honey jar in my suitcase and light the candle in the hotel room during traveling?

Z.
shuchingwu

Re: Honey Jar Questions

Unread postby LMFan » Thu May 21, 2009 7:48 am

How long do Honey Jar's take to kick in? I'm sure it's different for every situation, but just generally? Also I read somewhere that you of course need to do things in the real world to help the situation as well, however I am not contact with the person I am working on--I could be, we both have each others contact info, however that's what the work is for-- to sweeten him to contacting me. I added " attraction " oil to my candle I'm burning on top of the honey jar-- maybe I'm overthinking this ..
LMFan

Additions to my Honey Jar

Unread postby jwmcclin » Thu May 21, 2009 2:10 pm

While I am waiting for my order from LM, I wanted to do additional work on my honey jar. Can I add lodestones to a spell that has been working for more than a week?
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Additions to my Honey Jar

Unread postby Lukianos » Thu May 21, 2009 3:28 pm

Hi jwmcclin,

jwmcclin wrote:While I am waiting for my order from LM, I wanted to do additional work on my honey jar. Can I add lodestones to a spell that has been working for more than a week?

It is possible to incorporate a pair of lodestones as in a moving-lodestone spell with the honey jar as the center point of the triangle--see this page here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/lovespells.htm ... oneattract

I would not put the lode stones in the honey jar itself unless I intended to remake the honey jar completely.
Lukianos

newbie in creating a honey jar spell

Unread postby ms_krstin » Thu May 21, 2009 9:20 pm

Hi....I have just started my honey jar spell for my boyfriend. Ive been with him for 7 years and I did this because for the past few months he has been cold to me since he was stressed out for an upcoming nursing board exam and he wants to focus on reviewing. He said he would marry me after passing the board for nursing and landing a permanent job and I wanted to speed things up so we can finally be married. I started my honey jar last sunday may 17 and i've been lighting candles on it since then. I placed a name paper with my name written 9 times and his name written 7 times. I placed my picture, his picture, my hair and his semen inside the name paper. I lit a pink candle on the first day, red on the second day and white for the next 3 days because i wanted him to forgive me for my past mistakes and start anew without bringing up any of our past fights. Am i doing okay with my honey jar? I am also annointing my candles with rose oil since that is the only oil available in my location.What can i do to reinforce my spell? What appropriate products can i purchase from LM to reinforce my spell? By the way i am from the philippines and would also want to know the approximate time products can be delivered. I also light incense sometimes when lighting my honey jar. thank you so much...i would appreciate any help on this....
ms_krstin

3 purposes, one honey jar?

Unread postby Angelina » Fri May 22, 2009 4:51 am

Hi all,

First I'd like to thank everyone for always helping me out.
I will start my honey jar soon on my husband for 1)sweetening,
2)reconciliation and 3)peace between us and in our home. Is this a good thing to do, or would it be too much at once? I would put herbs for each purpose and then light a white candle one day, a pink candle another, and then a blue candle another day. Does this sound fine?
Angelina

Re: Additions to my Honey Jar

Unread postby LMFan » Fri May 22, 2009 6:41 am

Would using " Fast Luck" Oil for the candle I'm burning on top of my honey jar work? I'm looking to speed it up a little..
LMFan

Candle/Honey Jar Interpretion

Unread postby jwmcclin » Fri May 22, 2009 8:09 am

I would appreciation an interpretation of the following:

I am burning candles on my honey jar to sweeten my lover to me (to think my way)....

Yesterday, I decided to burn a white candle (the candle holder is glass)... it broke this morning about 4:30am, the wick was still in place and burned smoothly until it went out. I replaced the candle holder with a brass candle holder and burned a red candle and now am burning a white one again.

Trying not to read too much into it...I thought maybe because the glass candle holder couldn't tolerate the heat...I am have burning for a week now.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Candle/Honey Jar Interpretion

Unread postby Literarylioness » Fri May 22, 2009 8:46 am

jwmcclin wrote:I would appreciation an interpretation of the following:

I am burning candles on my honey jar to sweeten my lover to me (to think my way)....

Yesterday, I decided to burn a white candle (the candle holder is glass)... it broke this morning about 4:30am, the wick was still in place and burned smoothly until it went out. I replaced the candle holder with a brass candle holder and burned a red candle and now am burning a white one again.

Trying not to read too much into it...I thought maybe because the glass candle holder couldn't tolerate the heat...I am have burning for a week now.

I would interpret that as breaking through something. I actually burn my candles directing on the metal jar lid.

Mary
Literarylioness

Re: 3 purposes, one honey jar?

Unread postby Literarylioness » Fri May 22, 2009 8:55 am

Angelina wrote:Hi all,

First I'd like to thank everyone for always helping me out.
I will start my honey jar soon on my husband for 1)sweetening,
2)reconciliation and 3)peace between us and in our home. Is this a good thing to do, or would it be too much at once? I would put herbs for each purpose and then light a white candle one day, a pink candle another, and then a blue candle another day. Does this sound fine?

You can do one honey for all of these requests. If you read the honey jar instruction page here: http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html. you will see that you can make all of these requests in one continuous circle around your names. I would use a pencil without and eraser and quick commands such as, "no more arguing, love me, work with me, stop fighting with me." You get the idea. Make it short and sweet.

I would of course get hairs from both of you and put in two cloves, two Balm of Gilead beads, and some rosemary on the petition folded towards you (directions in link given). I would burn a white candle on the honey jar dressed with peaceful home oil and recite one of the following Psalms 34, 41, or 44.

Good luck!

Mary
Literarylioness

Re: Candle/Honey Jar Interpretion

Unread postby jwmcclin » Fri May 22, 2009 11:04 am

Thank you Mary.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: 3 purposes, one honey jar?

Unread postby Angelina » Fri May 22, 2009 8:47 pm

Thank you Mary, very much!
Angelina

Re: newbie in creating a honey jar spell

Unread postby ms_krstin » Sat May 23, 2009 2:31 am

hi anyone....please answer my query pls...sorry for the rush...
ms_krstin

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sat May 23, 2009 4:53 am

Well, first if you guys are fighting , or you want forgiveness you should add two Balm of Gilead buds to the jar. I recommend buying an oil like, Love Me,Chuparrosa, or maybe Marriage. Use them to aoint a red candle and burn one on the jar every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. You can find out more about Honey Jars here http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby ms_krstin » Sat May 23, 2009 6:14 am

hi again...tnx for the reply...is it okay if i burn candles daily? do they ship here in the philippines? :)
ms_krstin

another honey jar question

Unread postby ms_krstin » Sat May 23, 2009 6:20 am

Hi everyone, can i burn candles daily on my honey jar? and if id be adding balm of gilead buds to my jar is it ok to reopen a jar ive started a week ago? where can i get those? thank you! this is my first honey jar and i want it to be succesfull....thanks! :)
ms_krstin

Re: another honey jar question

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sat May 23, 2009 7:53 am

LuckyMojo sells balm Of Gilead buds. http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatherbs.html
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Re: another honey jar question

Unread postby Lukianos » Sat May 23, 2009 5:15 pm

Hi ms krstin,

ms_krstin wrote:can i burn candles daily on my honey jar?

Daily burns on a honey jar are perfectly ok.
Lukianos

one honey jar for 2 people

Unread postby lightofnirvana » Wed May 27, 2009 12:40 am

Hi, I hope everyone is getting on well with their intentions. i hope all of us succeed to achive our goals; also helping me to attain mine.

i would like to do a honey jar spell where i want to sweeten my lover and his mum, can i use the same jar for both the people? or 2 separate ones for the same purpose, my intention is for both of them to sweeten towards me, i know my lover is already sweet but i want him to be obssesed with me. help anyone?

Thanks in advance.
lightofnirvana

Unread postby Rose » Wed May 27, 2009 10:41 am

Hi everyone,

burning my very first honey jar as well. i am alternating pink and red candles, burning once a day.

i noticed that my pink candles always burn clean, with no drippings and barely any sign of the burn at all, while my red candles always drip and run like crazy! is this a bad sign? i always read that a clean burn is best. at first i thought it was a coincidence, but it happens every time!

this man and i met and got off on the wrong foot, may have scared him but we really liked each other. it's only been a week or so....
Rose

Unread postby j82 » Wed May 27, 2009 6:28 pm

rose, the fact that pink burn clean and red dont might suggest something about the work, whats the drops look like. without seeing it i can guess that he loves you but not sexualy attracted. pink via love pink sexual love. if thats the case try some spells to sex you up with him. LM offers many choices read about them on the site they realy work well. I use kiss me now for sexual passion and it works very well, but not long lasting love, you might want to mix it with another love oil to get your desired result. cat offers suggestions on how to do a honey jar on the LM site and i follow her directions to the T. from this i have had great success and keep using. did u add any personal concerns? honey jars can take a while so keep working it, and using ur own personal charm.

ms_kristin i tend to use one candle color at first. though i cant say its wrong. I tend to use one candle that best fits ..like romantic friend love i use pink and i add oils that add to my goal with powders or hearbs. red for sexual love and passion .. white is good but i think pink incorporates forgiveness if used with a pink candle and rec. oil. try writing out what you want exactly from this dude and look at the oils and use those that fit with your needs, pick the color that best fits and use those for your desired goal..
j82

Unread postby Rose » Wed May 27, 2009 9:46 pm

thanks j82,

however, i highly doubt that could be the case for my spell. if anything, it was ONLY sexual attraction and id like it to be more. but im burning both red and pink now because ill take anything! lol i think i scared him away for good. hope not. your interpretation does make sense though. its just hard to believe. hmmm.....

trying to be patient and i feel in my heart it is working...though no signs yet. havent even gotten him to contact me. any of you guys have quick success with a honey jar? what is "quick" and 'slow" anyway? I have no idea!

ive been anointing with olive oil, though i just purchased some follow me boy oil today...
Rose

Unread postby Exu pimenta » Thu May 28, 2009 4:11 am

Hi Everyone,

I was just wanting to ask, in doing a gay honey jar, is it just the same as for straight people? and if you haven't got any hairs would a printed photo of the person along with their name and date of birth be useful in this work. and also how can I apply that with the name paper or petition?

Many thanks

Oliver
Omo-Yemoja
Filho de Exu Pimenta
Exu pimenta

need advise!

Unread postby ms_krstin » Thu May 28, 2009 4:29 am

hi everyone,
i started burning my honey jar may 17th, iv seen a tiny bit of improvement between us though we still fight sometime. he was saying he wants to break up if i continue with my bad attitude, well i tend to fight if i think im aggravated but yes i want to change for the better and for this relationship's sake...but although he says things like that, like saying he wants to break up, he's still with me and tries also to work this out so i guess my honey jar is working right. Is it ok if my candles do not finish overnight so i have to relight it the next day and continue the candle?thanks/....
ms_krstin

Re: need advise!

Unread postby fausto » Thu May 28, 2009 4:37 am

ms_krstin wrote: Is it ok if my candles do not finish overnight so i have to relight it the next day and continue the candle?thanks/....

Thats fine, just remember to snuff out the candles, with your fingers if possible, never blow them out between workings.
fausto

Speeding a Honey Jar

Unread postby Isis » Thu May 28, 2009 3:06 pm

Hello Everyone!

Can someone recommend what I can add/feed a honey jar for love that can maybe speed it up a bit or get it to work a little faster? Is that even possible? Thanks! ;)
Isis

Unread postby SilverStar » Thu May 28, 2009 4:11 pm

shuchingwu wrote:Hi, I am new to this and want to start a honey jar, but I travel a lot. I know I should light a candle on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Can I start on any of these days? Can I pack my honey jar in my suitcase and light the candle in the hotel room during traveling?

Z.

Friday would be the best if it's a love spell. I'm traveling with my honey jar too. (Take care, some hotels have smoke detectors.)

(I'm not an expert, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)
SilverStar

Unread postby SilverStar » Thu May 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Exu pimenta wrote:I was just wanting to ask, in doing a gay honey jar, is it just the same as for straight people? and if you haven't got any hairs would a printed photo of the person along with their name and date of birth be useful in this work. and also how can I apply that with the name paper or petition?

It is the same for gays. Actually honey jars are useful for lots of purposes, straight love, gay love, friendship, good neighbours, making peace, etc.

If you can't get hairs, use the photo, it can be somewhat weaker, but people in this forum reported succes with that. If you have things like something he touched, that's good too. (my honey jar has a guy's photo and a piece of paper with his handwriting.)

http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html this helps with the procedure.
SilverStar

Unread postby j82 » Thu May 28, 2009 6:04 pm

EXU pimenta, ya honey jars work for gay dudes too :) also you might want to get some lavender love drops an oil used specifically with gay love... LM also sells a lavenderlove mojo that is great and id suggest you consier with the honey jar.
j82

Unread postby Turnsteel » Thu May 28, 2009 6:18 pm

j82 wrote:EXU pimenta, ya honey jars work for gay dudes too :) also you might want to get some lavender love drops an oil used specifically with gay love... LM also sells a lavenderlove mojo that is great and id suggest you consier with the honey jar.

While we're talking products geared towards queers you might want to look into the Q line of products. Three guesses at what the Q stands for lol. Its worked quite well for me in the past.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby j82 » Thu May 28, 2009 6:37 pm

Hey Rose, understood..you might want to stick with a goal in mind, if you jump from item to item and idea to idea you might not be focusing so much on the goal.. if your goal is to date this dude and get love from him then do work that will bring that.. with what you said it could mean he likes you ( emotional level ) but is not interested in the phyisical with you. You can always up the anties and try a come to me or love me spell kit on LM they work really well and comes with everything you need, they also compliment honey jars. Or hell at this point being its new, do a cut and clear to get over thinking of the guy and do a spell to bring you a knew perfect guy.
j82

Re: Speeding a Honey Jar

Unread postby cabriellenil » Fri May 29, 2009 9:01 am

Honey jar is necessarily a gradual process. I don't usually add new items to the jar along the way (except for personal concerns, if I don't have them for starters).

One thing I've been taught to do is to burn an orange candle next to the candle you're burning on the top of the honey jar. The orange candle draws attention and helps open the way, which would help speed up the work. I usually dress it with road opener oil or attraction oil, depending on the situation.

One of my favorite love herbs is deer's tongue leaves. I dress the candle with it and as I pray, I focus on encouraging the guy to be more forward and open in his communication/expression of feelings. It's worked quite well for me, even with guys who're rather introverted.

You may also want to speak to your honey jar every time you work it, if you aren't doing it already.
cabriellenil

Oils in honey jar?

Unread postby Angelina » Fri May 29, 2009 10:59 am

Hi all,

In addition to the herbs, personal concerns and my petition, Is it okay to add a drop or two of some LM oils in my honey jar?
Thank you :-)
Angelina

Unread postby Isis » Fri May 29, 2009 11:32 am

Thanks so much! I didn't think of deer's tongue leaves or speaking to my jar. I've only used deer's tongue on a court case issue. I'll definitely try your suggestions!

Bright Blessings!
Sandy
Isis

Re: Oils in honey jar?

Unread postby Lukianos » Fri May 29, 2009 5:59 pm

Hi Angelina,

Angelina wrote:In addition to the herbs, personal concerns and my petition, Is it okay to add a drop or two of some LM oils in my honey jar?

Oils are generally used to dress candles that are set on sweet jars. People may wish to eat the sugar or the honey, for instance, as part of the spell, they use it in cooking. The oils are not guaranteed to be edible, depending on what essentials and herbs are included in them.
Lukianos

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Fri May 29, 2009 5:59 pm

Honey jars are not something really you can speed up. To be honest, I never use them for a dire situation or something I really want at the time, and I never use them alone. Spells usually take the resistant route meaning what ever route has the less obstacles. This is why it is important to do a road opener. Besides you wouldn't want to speed it up because it probably wont last long. Especially, if you are doing something like a reconciliation after a bad break up or something like that. In those kinds of situations were a lot of damage has been done, it is going to take time to get the situation back to where you want it to be.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Re: one honey jar for 2 people

Unread postby mimiso » Fri May 29, 2009 6:50 pm

i think, in that instance, you'd want separate.. because your bf's your lover.. and his mom, well you wouldn't want her to be your lover ;)
mimiso

Re: one honey jar for 2 people

Unread postby msg33 » Sat May 30, 2009 5:10 am

^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:
msg33

Unread postby Miss Bri » Sat May 30, 2009 2:11 pm

Angelina wrote:Hi all,

In addition to the herbs, personal concerns and my petition, Is it okay to add a drop or two of some LM oils in my honey jar?
Thank you :-)

Hi Angelina,

As Lukianos said, you can annoint any candles you burn on top of the honey jar with oil.

Good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby j82 » Sat May 30, 2009 9:20 pm

I did not know te Q line was for that thanks for sharing.. though now I think du lol
j82

Unread postby Rose » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:04 pm

The pink candles are continuing to burn almost or all clean, while the red keep dripping. Therefore, the top of the jar is covered with red wax. Today, I burned a pink candle.....I even did something a little different today. I took a photo of him and wrote his name on it and birthdate and CALL ME MISS ME written on it and places it under the jar. The pink candle then proceeded to burn normally til the end, when the wick stayed lit when the wax was gone. The flame melted the already existing red wax that was on the jar, clearing a "pathway" of sorts and then dripping down the side of the jar and onto the photo of him. Now I can see a little area of the top of the jar that used to be covered. Thoughts?
Rose

Unread postby Angelina » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:37 pm

Thank you Lukianos and Bri!
Angelina

honey jar

Unread postby katz1 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:24 pm

hey

new on site but really love the forum

i'm thinking starting a honey jar spell on an ex who i am embarassed to say has been mates with me for a while but earlier in the year we started sleeping each other but things recently not going too well..he keeps letting me down and i feel like a booty call the last time we met...he never made me feel this way b4 but i feel he is withdrawing from me and taking me for granted (maybe i am too available) also having hard time as one of my last remaining parent died in April and ex who is emotionally unavailable i am guessing is staying away from me as he maybe can't handle this

anyway am thinking of doing honey jar on him but cannot get hair from him...all i have is a pic of him from years ago and a word he wrote down for me earlier in the year, will that be enough?

also what to write in the petition? so it all fits in in circle
i bascially want him back, to love me back and for always, care, adore and cherish me, to put me first, be supportive, open up to me and care and never leave me (u get the pic- i want a good relationship- don't want to control him just have a normal caring grown up long lasting relationship with possible marriage

what would u write?

also any suggestions on spells over grieving...am not coping too well with passing of parent and this whole ex thing is adding to pain

really appreciate any help

many thanks

Katz
katz1

Re: honey jar

Unread postby Miss Bri » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:54 am

Hi Katz,
First off, you can familiarize yourself with honey jar spells here:http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html

Secondly, as far as your petition goes, here is how I was taught to do the honey jar petition: Write his name three times, turn the paper 90 degress clockwise so that his name is standing on its head and write your name (I would use black ink for his and red ink for yours) over his name the same number of times, please use an odd number. Now, you are going to make a circle around the names and you are not going to lift your pen until the circle is complete, so no crossing t's no dotting i's until the circle is done. Because this is a somewhat tricky project, I like to keep my petitions short and sweet like: love me, want me, desire me, come to me, or love me, come to me, or just love me.

Now you say you cannot get hair from him, but if you are sleeping with him yes, you can get hair. The next time he comes over and you guys are together, after he leaves (or if you are at his place when he goes to the bathroom) take a piece of tape and go over the bed (or wherever you two may have been) you will get hair. Even better would be to get some of his "stuff" and put it in the honey jar.

Be sure to add some deers tongue to that honey jar for marriage:
http://herb-magic.com/deers-tongue.html

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Re: honey jar

Unread postby katz1 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:41 am

hi Bri

thanks for the advice...we had a arguement on Sunday so not sure if i will be able
get any hairs from the guy and also as i felt a bit used at the moment i am thinking if i see him again is not to sleep with him as emotionally i'm finding it difficult to be a friend with benefits
And not making excuses my kitty shares my bed and she has the same colour hair as him so don't want to u know use the wrong one :(

do u think its ok if i just put a bit of paper that he wrote on instead.

also what other herbs do u think i should use and what colour candles

would u suggest that i just purchase the honey jar spell from the LM shop and if so which one as i see there is a reconciliation one or a love one

sorry for all these questions...i just want to do it right the first time and not make mistakes

thanks again

K
katz1

Help with a honey jar spell

Unread postby mysiclady » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:56 pm

I would like to know if I could use a honey jar spell to win the lottery, and if so how do I go about doing so? another question, how to use the fast money blessing candle can I use it alone ur is there other methods?
mysiclady

Unread postby shuchingwu » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi, I have been doing Honey Jar Spell for two weeks on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I have a trip coming up and can't bring my jar with me because I will be with my friends. If I skip a week without burning candles, do I just resume when I get back from my trip? Or I should burn the candle more frequently before my trip? Another questions, I have not missed a day for burning candles, but what if I miss a day, do I just burn it on the following day? What exactly are the reasons to burn candles on Monday, Wednesday and Friday? I know I have a lot of questions. If anyone can help, thank you so much for reading.

Z.
shuchingwu

Unread postby mabel » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:54 pm

Can one use honey jar to enhance lottery/money luck?
mabel

hair in honey jar

Unread postby loveliesbleeding » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:26 pm

Is it okay to cut down a long strand of hair to use in a jar spell or should one just go with the whole strand. I was thinking to conserve the hair because i've only got a few long strands but I don't want to weaken the item by alteration of it so what is the correct way to do this?
loveliesbleeding

Re: Help with a honey jar spell

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:01 am

Mabel, i am afraid that lottery work is a bit off-track for a honey jar. They are intended to sweeten people to you, not to attract good luck.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Re: hair in honey jar

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:01 am

loveliesbleeding,

You can cut the hair.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Re: Help with a honey jar spell

Unread postby mysiclady » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:53 am

The candle is blue with an indian head on it,Thank You :?:
mysiclady

Hair in Honey Jar & Pass Question

Unread postby supper » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:27 pm

Hello
I am ready to start on my first Honey Jar for Reconciliation I understand that to make the honey jar be more
successful your and the other hair is very important. I do have his hair. I do not have the root by the hair. I was
cutting his hair and collected that. Is the root needed or not?

Also I was reading pass posting and this posting was not answered and I too an wondering about this:

Re: Honey Jar Spell[b]Postby shuchingwu » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:22 pm

Hi, I have been doing Honey Jar Spell for two weeks on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I have a trip coming up and can't bring my jar with me because I will be with my friends. If I skip a week without burning candles, do I just resume when I get back from my trip? Or I should burn the candle more frequently before my trip? Another questions, I have not missed a day for burning candles, but what if I miss a day, do I just burn it on the following day? What exactly are the reasons to burn candles on Monday, Wednesday and Friday? I know I have a lot of questions. If anyone can help, thank you so much for reading.

Z.

Thank you so much,
Viva La Dolce
supper

Burning candle on the honeyjar?

Unread postby RosaMona » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:15 am

I've arranged a honeyjar, and I started to light the candle on a friday. I was interrupted while burning the candle and therefore had to put it out with my fingers so I could continue later. I wasn't able to continue the same day , but lighted the candle on the Monday (yesterday), again I was disturbed and wasn't able to finish burning the candle out. I've lit the candle again today in order to burn it down completely. What I want to know is, will the spell still work. I've noticed a few changes on the person it's aimed at, but since I started on this Friday past I wouldn't want to raise my hopes high and believe it is working yet. Please advice whether the spell will be working or I have to start all over again. It's really hard to burn a candle in secret, since one needs to watch the candle so the house doesn't burn down.

Oh, and do I have to stand over the candle until it's burned down and say my wishes, or can I just say my wishes as I am lighting it?

Thank you,

Rosa
RosaMona

Re: Burning candle on the honeyjar?

Unread postby theusurper » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:41 am

you don't need to be stant over the candle, just pray over , say your witshes and the most safe place to leave your candle is the bathtub, is safe for me. try to do it early in the morning before the sun rise.
theusurper

Unread postby Chagrinedgirl » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:52 am

In another post the oven was suggested as a good place too :)
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...
Chagrinedgirl

Re: Hair in Honey Jar & Pass Question

Unread postby Literarylioness » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:45 pm

If you miss a day burning candles, yes make it up the following day.

As far as trips and honey jars go, how important is the person to you? If you can take the honey jar with you, then do so. If not, then you wait until you get back. Yes you can burn more candles on it before your trip.

Hope that answers the questions.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby honeygirl » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:08 pm

Hi All,

this is my first post here. I wanted to share my experience with honey jar spells.

I think first of all, Rose - try getting high quality wax candles - or use the same quality candles in each color candle you are using. That way, you can be sure that it's a message rather than inconsistent quality of wax.

About two years ago, I started experimenting with hoodoo. In particular, I tried a honey jar spell successfully. My boyfriend at the time decided to break up with me, so I wanted to do a reconciliation spell and looked into spells and even spellcasters on my behalf. There were so many of them, that I couldn't decide which one to do - and the honey jar spell seemed gentle and warm. I really like honey and associate it with good, comforting things. I also liked that you can burn a candle, whenever you felt the need, that it wasn't a one time spell. What I followed was a combination of the honey jar spell posted on Lucky Mojo by Cat that can be found here: http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html and on Hoodooroots - which can be found here: http://www.hoodooroots.com/honey.htm

When my boyfriend broke up with me, it was a bad situation. As in, he didn't want to talk to me, screened my calls, text messages and IMs, and in the rare occasion when we made plans to hang out as friends, and my heart would nearly burst with anticipation and joy, he would cancel last minute without fail. I don't know why I kept trying so hard for someone so unrelenting. And I was still in love with him, so you can imagine the distress this caused me. In desperation and anger (and I can't say that this is a good mindset in which to do any spellwork) I finally did the honey jar spell.

I included two rose petals, his and my hair tied together, and a name paper written in ink, his name written and mine crossed over it (so it creates a cross like shape) and wrote the command around it in a circle. Cat says that when writing a command in a circle around two names the command should be short and succinct - like "love me - come back to me" - but mine was the opposite - long and verbose. I wanted to be sure that I covered everything I wanted. :D

I didn't anoint the candle with any form of conjure oil.

I'm Christian, so I prayed over the honey jar and candle and asked for God's help. I focused my thoughts on my desired outcome - reconciliation, love, his desire for me, etc etc. (Obviously, if you're not Christian, pray to whomever/whatever you choose, or meditate. It isn't necessary at all that you subscribe to one particular belief. I'm just telling you what worked for me.) I said thank you when the candle went out and put a rose quartz stone on top of it.

What I think helped was that I wrote a lot at the time, about my feelings which helped clarified what I wanted

I did the honey jar spell sometime in July. I didn't work on it continuously like I had planned. I felt silly about the whole thing and put it away in a kitchen cupboard.

At the time, I didn't link the spell I had done with the events that followed. In late August, a month after my boyfriend and I last communicated, I received a late night phone call from him, upset, in tears, professing how much he missed me, and how sorry he was for treating me the way he had. And if I would forgive him, and perhaps give us another chance. And that he would like to take me on a trip so that we could talk. I was amazed, but wary for obvious reasons. I didn't want my heart broken again. I told him my concerns and doubts in a none-too-gentle way - I think it's too late for us - but he took it like a champ and pleaded me to please to just consider it and let him know. I finally said yes. And when we saw each other again, chemistry took over, we fell back in love and reunited.

The reunion was happy and sweet, but short lived. He tried hard to be a great boyfriend, but by December, we were rocky again, and although he was devoted as I had asked for, it wasn't quite enough for me. In a few months, we parted for good. He broke up with me and I was devastated again. But I also knew that that was the right thing for me.

I fully realize now that he was the wrong person for me in the long-term, that things have their time and place, like seasons do. I wonder what would have happened, if I kept working on it, lighting new candles, trying new spells to maintain the relationship and lead it on the desired path. In the end, I didn't want to be in a relationship where I was constantly working overtime to maintain it. I wanted balance and to have a relationship that would complement and enhance my life and interests.

In my somewhat limited experience with spellwork, if it isn't meant to be, it will not be, regardless of how hard or how many spells you try. As in, your spells will be short-lived and you will have to maintain it, kind of like keeping a candle lit outside when it's raining. It will take immense effort and it may become the focus of your life. And even then, the spell may have limited success. That's a choice you have to make. Sometimes you have to let go and let God take over, believing that it's for the best.

Here's the curious thing. I have not yet disposed of the honey jar. Partially because it's my first spell, and partially because I'm a nostalgic person and get attached to even inanimate objects. Interestingly - my ex is still in my life and very fond of me. We're friends, there is no romantic physical relationship now. I no longer love him. But, he continues to reach out to me from time to time, flirtaciously, invitingly, sweetly. I know that he still has tender, romantic feelings for me and on the rare occasion that we meet up, the way he gazes at me betrays his feelings. I know I need to dispose of the jar before I start on a new romance, in a serious way, to be fair to him.

So - my advice?

- try to do the spell when you're feeling good about yourself. go for a run, eat something nice, have fun with friends beforehand.
- don't do spellwork drunk and in an altered state.
- think about why you want to do the love spell. be honest and fair, and look at your situation as objectively as possible.
- from doing the above self reflection, get a very clear sense of what you want. If you're feeling doubtful at all, you'll get weird mixed results.
- keep a notebook for your spells.
- keep a record of when you start the spell and notice changes and write them down, so you can have an accurate idea of your spell's efficacy.
- spellwork is serious work, so don't take it lightly and do a slipshod job. You'll get slipshod results.
- you're the key ingredient, so really putting yourself into it, so meditating, praying and giving thanks are good.
- take good care of yourself and love yourself. Be patient and kind to yourself. People learn how to treat you, based on how you treat yourself. You're the most important person in your life.
- and lastly, have faith in the universe. when you give off positive energy, it really does come back to you.

Good luck with everything, everyone!

Blessings~

Honey
honeygirl

Unread postby RosaMona » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:43 am

But what about the spell, is it still going to work?
RosaMona

Unread postby Mama Micki » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:33 am

If you are using the 4" candles (my favorite!), they burn down within 2 hours. Try burning them early in the morning when people are asleep, as theusurper suggests. For extra safety put the candle and holder in a dish of water, sand, salt, or dirt. I don't know if these substances would affect a honey jar, but it would add to your peace of mind. You could also try putting foil under it. Not only would this help with fireproofing and and protecting whatever surface (counter, table, altar, etc.) you are burning candles on, but some say that the shiny foil will add intensity to your spell.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

• Advertisement
Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo