• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Hoodoo, Conjure, Training Workshops

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:45 pm

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo prepared or pre-made spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.

Re: The honey is stuck

Unread postby path2success » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:09 pm

Is there any problem in the honey being stuck, I mean would it impact the spell in anyway?
path2success

Re: Progress AFTER you lose interest in a spell

Unread postby Jinglepop » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:29 pm

Dear Fellow Hoodoo doers,

Man, and I thought I was the only one of which this stuff happens to! When I asked my elders why these things happen, they say it's because when you think too much (something like what thelightfantastic said) you actually hold the energies you're trying to send.

When you stop thinking, or when you let go, the energy just leaves and does its stuff. :lol:

Distractions are best. *hi 5s everybody*
Jinglepop

Unread postby cabriellenil » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:57 am

What about when someone else/a worker is doing it for you? Could your worry still hamper the progress or that results only come after a long time?
cabriellenil

Unread postby spellyshelly » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:47 am

Thats a really good question path2success I would like to know the answer too, are you having the same problem?
spellyshelly

Unread postby path2success » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:29 am

slightly yes, but always good to know in case it does sometime in future...
path2success

Unread postby Jinglepop » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:48 am

I seriously doubt that your worry could hamper your progress for you, because it's your worries and not your worker's worries. :D

(It's the whole idea and reason why we sometimes need other peeps to do spells for us if we're too emotional.) :oops:

Still, the lifting of a finger disturbs the farthest stars. Best not to worry or think. Do whatever there is in your power to distract yourself. I've got the same problem, I'm a thinking machine! :!:
Jinglepop

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:13 pm

I have never seen a big difference with honey being stuck, because usually that is the fault of where it was placed and not due to magical occurance. If honey (molasses) is placed in a too cold area, it will get stuck. Remember the saying "as slow as molasses in January."

I would not think too much of it.

Mary
Literarylioness

Re: Alternate Sweeteners: Other Than Honey?

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:16 pm

Jinglepop wrote:Dear fellow hoodoo doers,

There's honey, there's syrup, there's Brer' Rabbit's Black Strap Molasses.

What do you all think about alternate types of sweeteners? Most say you've got to like the type of sweetener than you're using for your (name of sweetener here) jar spell.

How's about berry jam or caramel?

I hate honey and use molasses for my honey jars. I love molasses. I also use corn syrup too. I am pale ale in skin tone and use black strap molasses for my personal honey jars with amazing results.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:26 pm

This is so common that is a standard joke. If I had a nickel for all the successful work that happens after people lose interest, I would be rich. It is a lot like the couples who get pregnant after they stop trying to conceive.

Mary
Literarylioness

honey jar

Unread postby blackforrest » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:52 am

<i decided to remove>
blackforrest

Re: Honey Jar Dream

Unread postby Turnsteel » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:13 am

This forum is for helping people chose and use LuckyMojo products, not dream interpretation. If you think that this dream has meaning then hire a reader from the AIRR to interpret it for you. Even if this was the right place for your question you do not give nearly enough detail, tell the worker you hire everything about the dream.
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Re: reconciliation Honey Jar

Unread postby Literarylioness » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:35 pm

Tabbylove17 wrote:I just received my petition results for having my reconciliation candle burned at the missionary. Basically it says that the intended is open to the idea for reconciliation, but there is still a lot of anger from the past to really motivate him to want to reconcile; the candle burned pretty clean with a little bit of smoke tinting towards the top and the rim got a little burnt, so my question is with that knowledge will a reconciliation honey jar help things along at all?

A honey jar will keep him "sweet" towards you, so it is good if there is an anger situation to address.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby Tabbylove17 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:50 pm

Why thank you Mary! I am just waiting for it. I'm excited and a little nervous, but all in all I can't wait to do it. Wish me luck!
Tabbylove17

Re: Honey jar spell kit questions

Unread postby Lulu » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:50 pm

ok so basically i started my honey jar but i dont know if it has been working =/. i had to stop doing it for a few days because i had visitors sleeping over. Also while i was folding the paper i ripped a piece the paper/petition by accident but i left it hanging i couldnt start a new one because i had already added the oils and everything else.also i dropped it like twice by accident =/.Is this making it not work?should i make a new one?
Now while i was waiting for my honey jar to arrive about a month ago i had ordered to lit a return to me candle service in their altar. i just got the candle report and it states " a very clean burn- none but a bit of wax at base- and one herb near base-so perhaps starts slow-but the rest is very clean- looks like potential for your prayer to come to pass is strong-just be patient if not over night- but looks like a smooth and happy return.
NOW about a week ago the person who i have been doing all this for Instant messages me online i was shocked cuz at the moment i had forgotten about it. he just asked how i have been doing i talked to him for a bit but then 2 days later he tells me he has been thinking about me but does not know why. and that he wants to try and be friends with me and that he hopes i dont think somethingelse. now im confused because i wanted us to get back together i dont want him as a friend i told him how i felt and he told me we will talk the next day but he never hit me back up and im still waiting. i dont know what to do.did i do something wrong. was this the response from the honey jar or the candle that was lit in lucky/spiritual church?
yesterday i lit a male member genitalia candle in pink it did not completely burn. it stopped when it reached the very bottom i dont know what that means =/. but i have faith and i know it will be a successful reconciliation!
now what should my next step be?
i was planning to request another candle to bit lit @ the lucky M/spiritual church but im not sure which one =/.
any other things i should do to get us to be a couple once again now that we have communication?
i was thinking -reconcilliation vigil candle
-stay with me
which one do you guys recommend?
or what do you guys think i should do next?
please help me outtt! thank youuuuu <3
i hope you guys can understand what i wrote. I tried to make a long story short hope it makes sense =x.
Lulu

Re: Honey jar spell kit questions(EDIT 09/22/09 help!)

Unread postby Devi Spring » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:33 am

The fact that you're back in communication is a very good sign. You didn't really think that he'd just call you up out of the blue and want to get back together immediately did you? Reconciliation takes time - you have to rebuild from the ground up. So just be patient.

I would keep working the honey jar. Personally I would have made another petition paper when the one ripped. I mean, you can always put oil on a new paper. I always make sure my papers are PERFECT. And sometimes that means I have to re-make one once or twice. But if the paper is already in the honey jar, then I wouldn't pull it out and put in a new one. Honey jars tend to work slowly, so don't be in a rush.

Remember that you need to be backing your magical work up in the real world. So keep communicating with him, make plans to meet "as friends" whatever. Make sure you're doing your part to be back in his life in one fashion or another.

If you want another light lit for you, I would do Reconciliation over Stay With Me. I mean, he can't stay with you if you're not together, so that's not the best condition for your current situation.

But I would just keep at the jar every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for now. If you want to get some oil, like Cupparrosa or Love Me and wear it as a personal power scent when you are around him, that would be another good choice. Patience and working at things in the physical are key here.

Of course, you should set a time limit for how long you will try to work this. If things for whatever reason just aren't working out once that date hits, you quit and move on. But so far the signs are all positive, so I wouldn't worry so much about it. You need to keep feeling confident and good about what you're doing so the energy of the intent stays strong and clear and will be the most effective. Doubt and worry just work against your own goals.

If you're an anxious type, then you might feel better having a reading done on the situation to get more exact guidance. You can contact a good one through http://www.readersandrootworkers.org.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby spellyshelly » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:15 am

thanks Mary :)
spellyshelly

Re: Effects of Honey Jar!

Unread postby MaJiG_GarDen » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:35 am

i have an update... i burned a candle on my honey jar and this time the wick formed the initial of my target's name... i hope this is a positive sign indeed.
MaJiG_GarDen

Unread postby theusurper » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:00 pm

on my honey jar the wick formed a loop...........maybe a good sing?
theusurper

Unread postby Lulu » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:54 pm

thank you verrrrryyy much =D i really needed this now which one will be better Cupparrosa or Love Me?
Lulu

Unread postby Devi Spring » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:35 pm

http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-chuparrosa.html
" Chuparrosa (Hummingbird) spiritual supplies are popular for love and luck and especially for luck in a sincere and lasting love."

http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-love-me.html
" Love Me spiritual supplies are designed to draw a person of the opposite sex closer and cause him or her to openly declare feelings of love."

Pick which one most closely fits your intention - or mix a few love oils to get a very customized effects. I love mixing oils in this way. Take a look at these and see how combining them could make for a very interesting and synergistic effect:

http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-adam-and-eve.html
Adam And Eve spiritual supplies are a primal scent compounded for love-drawing and finding one's perfect mate

http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-bewitching.html
Bewitching spiritual supplies are alleged to add mystery, fascination, and sexual allure to love spells

http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-fire-of-love.html
Fire Of Love spiritual supplies are for passionate desire; as a flame burns, so does love burn.

http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-follow-me-boy.html
Follow Me Boy spiritual supplies are Southern style formula, said to make a man follow you like a dog.

http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-kiss-me-now.html
Kiss Me Now spiritual supplies are said to rapidly bring about a sexual affair or increase desire in marriage.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Turnsteel » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:23 pm

theusurper wrote:on my honey jar the wick formed a loop...........maybe a good sing?

It was probably just the way it burned, if you do not trim the wick before you burn the candle it tends to curle and can form a loop.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby Tabbylove17 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:29 pm

LuLu,

I agree with Devi. I mean you have communication that is awesome and I would take the friendship and build on that. There are a ton of candles really that you could burn as the mission, but I would relax a little and bask in the glory that has already come your way. Just a little break but continue to use the honey jar.

Awesome work!
Tabbylove17

Unread postby salmyrcrr » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:29 am

ELKnapp wrote:Hi Lulu,

Lulu wrote:i have been planning to purchase a reconciliation HONEY JAR MINI HOODOO SPELL KIT
for an ex boyfriend now,
for the first time.
not sure if i need to buy anything else along with the kit or does the kit bring everything i need?
also do i need to light a candle every mon,wed and friday until we get back together or only for a period amount of time?
and at anytime during those days?

Theres no way i can get a piece of his hair so can i still add my hair?or it would not work if i dont add his?
is it ok if i add:
2 recent pics of him?
2 recent pics of me?
his old business car?
i found a pair of sneakers which belonged to him and he never took them back after we broke up, is there anyway i can add a piece of shoe lace from the sneaker?
can i also add a piece of ballon that he gave me for vday or it wouldnt work?

The honey jar kit will come with most of what you need. You will need additional 4" offeratory candles beyond what is provided with the kit, you will need to make a petition / name paper to put in the jar (the instructions with the kit should guide you through this process), and you will need personal concerns from your ex--a photo is good (one is enough; if you have a photo of the two of you together, happy, that's even better--if not, tape a picture of yourself together with a picture of him to make a single picture of the two of you together and use that). I personally would not bother with the business card, especially since you have a pair of his sneakers, which are far more desirable as a personal concern. Skip the shoe-laces--instead, take a *small* piece of the inside of the sneaker (better if its a piece that touched the sole of his foot) and put that in the honey jar. You can add a piece of the v-day balloon if you wish, as it is something he gave you as a token of love. I would not recommend putting your own hair into this jar, as you do not have anything comparable of his, and you would then be putting far more of yourself into the work (the goal is drawing him back, not developing an unrequited obsession on your part over him). Your name as part of the name / petition paper and your likeness in a photo of the two of you together in combination with your spiritual work should suffice. You should expect to work with the jar regularly (daily for at least the first week; possibly less often after that) until your desired outcome is achieved. That said, please set a time-limit for yourself for how long you are willing to work this spell, and do ask for clear, understandable signs regarding the progress of the work at 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months.

Good luck!

I have nothing that belong to my ex. The only thing he ever gave me was the Quran.. Now, I ask the question recently do I still put my hair in the honey jar and i was told yes.. I am so confuse
salmyrcrr

Unread postby Devi Spring » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:46 pm

Well, yes you still use your hair - but you really need to put something of his/from him into the jar to link it to him. Do you have a picture - or can you get one by pulling it off of a website or a social network profile page that he may have up online? Do you have his signature on something from when you were together? Do you have something he may have sweat on, or wiped his mouth on?

Also, how long since you have seen this guy? Are you still in contact - or at least know how to contact him if you needed/wanted to?

The further removed from the situation and the person you are, honestly - the less chance it has to succeed. You can still try, just understand that the work will be MUCH more effective if you have a link to him, and then have a way to still contact him so that you can make real-world effort towards bringing him back. Magic can only do so much, you still have to be able to do the work on the physical plane to make everything come together for the effect that you want.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Turnsteel » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:02 pm

salmyrcrr wrote:

I have nothing that belong to my ex. The only thing he ever gave me was the Quran.. Now, I ask the question recently do I still put my hair in the honey jar and i was told yes.. I am so confuse

Generally for honey jars for a couple you really want to match things. Personal concern for personal concern.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby salmyrcrr » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:21 pm

Devi Spring wrote:Well, yes you still use your hair - but you really need to put something of his/from him into the jar to link it to him. Do you have a picture - or can you get one by pulling it off of a website or a social network profile page that he may have up online? Do you have his signature on something from when you were together? Do you have something he may have sweat on, or wiped his mouth on?

I have a photo of him. Yes, I am able to contact him if I wanted too. We are suppose to meet up at the end of Oct. We have some unfinsh business we need to take care of. I wanted to do the spell before we meet. So, tomarrow I will do my honey jar. His birthday is coming up soon and I going to call him to wish him a happy birthday.

Let see what happens.
salmyrcrr

Unread postby salmyrcrr » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:44 pm

I have our old movies tickets, Will it be ok to put it in the honey jar ?
salmyrcrr

Unread postby Devi Spring » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:26 pm

I'd use the photo over the tickets - or use the tickets AND the photo.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Re do honey jar?

Unread postby josdos » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:56 am

I have been working a honey jar on my boyfriend for a few months. and while i see movement, things recently have taken a turn for the worst. lots of arguing, threats of breaking up. my question is, do i keep working the same honey jar or at some point should i start a new one. to start over?
josdos

Re: Re do honey jar?

Unread postby thelightfantastic » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:11 am

You can keep working the same one unless you'd like add different personal concerns or herbs. In that case, I'd start a new one. I would also do other work aside from the honey jar to help with your relationship.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance
thelightfantastic

Okay to keep honey jars permanently for a relationship?

Unread postby silver_disc » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:14 pm

I'm in a wonderful relationship with the sweetest guy I'm going to spend the rest of my life with, and I'm planning on making a honey jar for the both of us to keep things sweet and smooth :D

I was wondering if it's fine to keep a honey jar for good- won't the honey spoil? :?

And also, I intend to burn a 4" red/pink altar candle on it every Friday, should I place it in a candle holder, or should I just "stick" it upright to the jar with some melted wax, then let the rest of the candle melt over the jar?

If it's the latter, what can I do to ensure that the wax doesn't run onto my table?

My boyfriend knows that I'm doing spells that have to do with him- (and he's happy to let me do so) is it okay for him to touch the honey jar?

Thank you so much in advance for your advice, and have a fantastic day :D
silver_disc

Re: Okay to keep honey jars permanently for a relationship?

Unread postby Devi Spring » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:09 am

Honey is a natural preservative. I've had my fiance and my honey jar for almost 6 years now. Some of the honey will crystalize, but otherwise it's fine.

I just stick the candles straight onto the jar. Put foil underneath it if you're concerned, or better yet buy a nice saucer to put the honey jar on that will be it's "home". It will catch stray wax.

Why wouldn't it be ok for him to touch the jar? It's for both of you, so if both are you are participating in the spell so much the better.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby silver_disc » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:12 am

Hi Devi, thanks for your help!

I was worried it was somehow taboo? :?

What do you think about the both of us writing separate petitions to put in together? :D
silver_disc

Unread postby Devi Spring » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:02 am

I would just collaborate on one petition - that way the jar is working for one particular goal, rather than for two which may be slightly different, thereby splitting the energy.

There are taboos about other people touching (or sometimes even seeing) mojo hands, and other things that are meant to be worked for you and you alone. But it's not an across-the-board thing - it's specific to certain works. Just like collecting personal concerns need only be sneaky if you're going to be working on someone without them knowing it, otherwise just asking for it is perfectly fine.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

OK So I think my Honey Jar is working...

Unread postby NubianMageMommy » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:18 pm

I began a honey jar for an old sweetie with whom we lost contact until a few months ago. First I did the lodestone spell with a bride and groom candle. Simultaneously I burned candles on honey jar with a dressed love candle and a dressed high john the conqueror candle.

The bride and groom candle burned brilliantly. Nate's side burned faster than my side and a small amount of wax ran onto my side of the candle. Overall it burned extremely clean.

Now, initally the candles I burned on the honey jar left some residue/unburned wax. From what I recall, the flame burned pretty average, although the more candles I burn, the higher the flame. Now since last Weds, ALL of my candles (except Wednesday's which left VERY little), burned with NO residue. I mean NOTHING. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Wednesday's candle burned so well, that is burned through the residue of the previous candles, leaving its own AND their wicks behind. The wicks weren't even coated in wax!!!

I took those wicks and sprinkled them on top of the lodestones.

My 7 day candles have all burned extremely clean as well. I notice that the flames of the novenas seem to always dance in the absence of wind. I keep many of them in my closet on separate altars (for different works) with the door shut. Is that a sign or due to the influence of the heat inside the glass?

I am letting things take their course...SLOWLY. Nate and I flirt from a distance, but there is definitely that chemistry still there. We are both coming off very bad relationships, so are hesitant about getting into something so soon, but I feel this could really be something.

RIght now, he is just enjoying his time with the ladies...I am enjoying my time as a new mommy...

I am thinking about doing a separation spell to get them out of the picture, remove his craving for them/rebounding to refocus his energy towards me....any suggestions?

In addition, I have been burning a St. Martha the Dominator candle to assist me with Slinky (My Son's Father...I wrote about in "A Funky Vinegar Jar Spell") and Nate, the old HS sweetie/new flame.
NubianMageMommy

Re: OK So I think my Honey Jar is working...

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:24 pm

The candles you are burning seem well adapted to the work you are doing.

I think that a Separation vigil light would be better than a Break-Up vigil light for the separation purpose you suggest, as it is gentler and less volatile.

In addition to Saint Martha the Dominator for help with your ex, you might also consider the following vigil lights: Pay Me (for child support) and COmpelling (to make him keep any court0ordered promises of support or custory arrangements).

You can also have these candles "backed up" by having us set the same lights for you on the Missionary Independent Spiritual Church altars as we ship to you. Here's how:

Call the shop at 707-887-1521 and ask for Ian (our candle deacon), or, if he is not there (he works 5 days a week), ask for Angela or Robin or Greg to help you place an order to have fixed and dressed vigil lights shipped to you and then have the identical fixed and dressed candles set on our altar on the same day you receive your order. This is called "dual casting," tandem casting" or "simultaneous setting of lights."

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Avatar » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:54 pm

I've been burning taper candles on my honey jar. I figured the longer the candle, the stronger the spell. SAt least once, each time I burn a candle, the flame leaps up to about 8 inches (possibly higher) and stays burning that high for at least 10 minutes. Yesterday, it did that for half an hour. It was amazing. Yesterday's was the weirdest. The flame was burning normally, then I turned around and saw it doing the 8 inch thing. I am being conservative here. It could have been 10 inches high. Then the top of the flame started shooting out light black smoke in a funnel shape, like a tornado shape. I stayed with it for the half an hour, and then it went back to normal size. As I said, this extraordinarily high flame happens a lot. I've burned taper candles decoratively before, but never seen anything like this. What does this mean?

Thanks!

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:04 pm

If it happens consistently with every candle it may be a problem with the candle and not a sign.
Also:

Avatar wrote:I figured the longer the candle, the stronger the spell

No, not at all, most people that I know burn four inch candles and it works fine.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby silver_disc » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:38 pm

Thank you very much for your help, Devi! :D
silver_disc

Re: Honey jar target calls on a friday

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:21 pm

That is a good sign. I often get signs when typing a name or speaking of it. For instance, earlier tonight i was answering a post titled "Althaea" -- about using the herb or the root of the plant, or both -- and my daughter phoned, just as i hit the "submit" button. Her name is Althaea! She's pretty psychic. :-)
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: Honey jar target calls on a friday

Unread postby spellyshelly » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:15 pm

wow thats a great gift your daughter has cat, thanks for your opinion, I was thinking about doing a st martha spell too instead of an intranquil using the luckymojo service does the candle burning report have to be mailed by post or can you send it by email? I would prefer a gifted member of staff did this spell for me.

:)
shelly
spellyshelly

Unread postby Avatar » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:26 pm

The taper candles are from various companies. I've burned them around the house just for decoration previously and never saw this happen...

Honey Jar Advice

Unread postby moondancer » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:55 pm

As we approach the full moon on October 4th, 2009, I am wondering if I should keep working on a current honey jar for love.
Do I continue to do the Monday, Wednesday and Friday rituals during the soon coming waning moon or should I stop and wait
for the new/waxing moon cycle again to continue the work. Please advice me. Also I am running a small business that need
some help these days in attracting customers. Could I do a honey jar for this as well? It's just a thought that just popped into
my head as I write this. I love the advice out here, I've learned a lot! All advice is welcome, I love to learn. Thank you. :)
moondancer

Re: Honey Jar Advice

Unread postby Devi Spring » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:09 pm

I work jars no matter what the moon phase.

You could do a jar for your business, but you might be better off doing a money-drawing or steady work bottle spell (since you seem to like the bottles). Then if you get any leads or possible big clients, you could honey jar them to keep them sweet on your business.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Putting herbs & curios into honey jar- too much?

Unread postby silver_disc » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:01 am

This is for an all-rounded love honey jar, for love, commitment and good sex :D

1. Petition packet containing our hairs and anointed with our sexual fluids
2. A Periwinkle leaf wrapped around lodestones (Periwinkle is said to make lovers cling, so I thought wrapping it around the lodestones would be quite apt)
3. John the Conqueror root tied together with a Queen Elizabeth root with thread
4. Balm of Gilead
5. Golden Seal root
6. Black Cohosh root (To repel anyone that may trouble our relationship)
7. Tonka beans (Also known as love wishing beans)
8. Dried rose petals from roses he'd given me
9. Cherry bark
10. Cubeb berries
11. Red Clover flowers
12. Catnip
13. Damiana

What do you guys think?

Questions:

1. I was wondering if it's okay to make a bigger honey jar- I figured all of this might not fit in a typical 1.5 oz honey jar :lol:

2. Should I put in all the stuff first, or the honey first?

Thank you in advance :D
silver_disc

Re: Putting herbs & curios into honey jar- too much?

Unread postby cabriellenil » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:05 am

I use a rather large honey jar - large enough to burn a penis candle on the lid. When I started it I followed Ms Cat's instructions on the page on honey jar - ate three spoons of honey as I said 'XXX will be sweet to me as honey is sweet to me', then put everything in.

I don't know about Black Cohosh root - I wouldn't put it in.
cabriellenil

Unread postby Tabbylove17 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:50 pm

I think that there is something made different with the candles that you have. I don't think that it means anything try switching candles and see if it still happens. I just got my honey jar and I am burning the 4" candles on them and so far so good all good burns very little candle wax left behind.
Tabbylove17

Unread postby Tabbylove17 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:53 pm

I just followed the directions. However after you eat the spoon fools put the lodestones in first because I put mine in last and one of them rattles against the lid. I should have put it in first, so the honey would have kept it submerged.
Tabbylove17

Unread postby moondancer » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:22 pm

Thank you for the suggestions and advice, but in general, doesn't the moon phase matter? I've been studying white magick for about 2 months now and it does emphasize the importance of timing, does rootwork work the same way or no? Please explain.

Peace, love and light to you Devi.

P.S. I must admit that these things from Lucky Mojo smell beautiful. I couldn't stop smelling my order when it arrived! :D
moondancer

Unread postby Turnsteel » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 pm

moondancer wrote:Thank you for the suggestions and advice, but in general, doesn't the moon phase matter? I've been studying white magick for about 2 months now and it does emphasize the importance of timing, does rootwork work the same way or no? Please explain.

Peace, love and light to you Devi.

P.S. I must admit that these things from Lucky Mojo smell beautiful. I couldn't stop smelling my order when it arrived! :D

Timing in hoodoo is in general not given the same amount of importance that it is in most new aged moments. Do work when it needs doing.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby moondancer » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:12 pm

Thank you HailDiscordia.

I'll keep this in mind.
moondancer

Unread postby Devi Spring » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:21 pm

When first setting a spell, I personally usually use the correct lunar timing, as well as planetary and planetary hour ...if I'm able. However, if work needs to be done, it can be done and will still work if you can't get all your timing right.

And some spells are ongoing, and for those I just work them continuously, even if I waited to start them initially under ideal timing.

Hoodoo is nothing if not practical - so if you want to use timing and can, then awesome. Otherwise, don't worry about it!
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby silver_disc » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:57 am

Thank you Tabbylove17 and cabriellenil for the advice, I'll do just that :D

Black Cohosh root is said to strengthen the weak, timid, afraid or shy- I figured this would be good to encourage communication and affection :D
silver_disc

Unread postby mmcpower » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:49 am

Ok I need some input please - I have been burning my honey jar for about a month or so and last night when I burned my candle, it burned all the way clean and cleaned off all of the previous candle residue, except for some burnt pieces of wick and herbs. I do still have the candle wax going down the jar and a puddle at the bottom of the jar, but the top is completely clear. Anyone give me their opinion, if it's a good sign??

Thanks much - Marie
mmcpower

Unread postby cabriellenil » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:09 am

Deer's tongue leaves is good for encouraging communication. It's one of my favorite herbs.
cabriellenil

Unread postby silver_disc » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:00 am

cabriellenil wrote:Deer's tongue leaves is good for encouraging communication. It's one of my favorite herbs.

Haha, I suppose I'll just make another order, this would be the second time I ask them to help me combine shipping for orders- everytime I'm SURE I've nothing else to order, there inevitably is :lol:

Thanks for your help!!
silver_disc

Unread postby Brida » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:05 am

Oooooo.........let me know how it goes, hiighpriestess.

I need to make a honey jar, never done that before...
"You can't fish on dry land." - My Momma.
Brida

Unread postby silver_disc » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:32 am

Brida wrote:Oooooo.........let me know how it goes, hiighpriestess.

I need to make a honey jar, never done that before...

I DEFINITELY will once my order comes in, might take a while though, since I live in Asia and my order is HUGE :D
silver_disc

honey jar ( seeing results)

Unread postby salmyrcrr » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:29 am

I prepared my honey jar on Friday because of my living situation I could not turn on a candle. However, the next day I did. I am lighting a candle when there no one around. Well, today he call after not hearing from him for eight days. He kept it real short and all he wanted to know if I was going to meet up with him at the end of Oct. (I have to prove to him that I am not ) I will continue to light a candle on my honey jar and hope for more. I wants us to be like we were a few months ago. I miss him terribly.
salmyrcrr

Re: honey jar ( seeing results)

Unread postby salmyrcrr » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:35 am

I bought Intranquil spirit kit about a month ago. It seem I am lacking the NERVES to do the spell. After reading a lot of the post here, I am a little bit afraid of it. Should I be afraid ? I truly beleive now that my honey JAR did not had to anything with him calling me. I mean he kept our conversation less then a minute. I know that I did things backward. I should done the intranquil spell first then the honey jar. I need advice PLEASE
salmyrcrr

PreviousNext

• Advertisement
Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo