Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

HRCC: Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course

How to take cat's Correspondence Course, plus news about Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Workshops, Apprenticeships, and Parties.
zee

Re: HRCC: Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course

Unread post by zee » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:41 pm

I am pretty sure i saw a thread on this a month or so ago but cannot find it now.

I got accepted in the course (Yayyyy!) and was wondering on who i need to write to in order to be able to access the yahoo group for students of miss cat's course...please advise.

thx
Zee

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:57 pm

here is the link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hrcourse/

Join and give your name and your student ID.

Congrats on getting accepted.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Find the group on yahoogroups and when joining give your student number and full name.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

neverfit

Unread post by neverfit » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:42 pm

Is the price of the hardcover book INCLUDED in the $104 fee, or is it additional?

Also, if there were two or three students who wanted to order their books together, could they have them shipped to the same address even though they don't live together, or would this cause some kind of confusion?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Yes the fee includes the book for the course. That price does not include the book Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic, which is needed for the course.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:19 pm

The 432 page harcover HRCC book contains the text of the course; it is not separate from the course, and it costs $104.00.

And, as stars said, the HHRM book, while available to the public and not a part of the course, must be purchased, and its cost is separate ($14.95 in paperback or $39.95 in hard cover, matching the course book.

With respect to your other question: the course is not for sale to the general public -- i interview my prospective students by telephone and get to know them, including where they live. I will not send a group of course books to a drop-ship address.

Full details about the course, including a list of necessary purchases, can be found here:

http://luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

Hope to hear more from you soon!
catherine yronwode

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi Cat, I was exploring the course page, and I was wondering if you offer distance learning? I can't afford to take it live, as amazing as it would be :) and if I can do it at a slow pace, as my life is filled with all kinds of annoying events right now!!! :)

Also, I checked out the planetary site, thank you so much! it sheds more light on how to use the planetary supplies!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:55 pm

Mimiso, you were wondering if i offer "distance learning"?

What do you think a "Correspondence Course" is?

I send you things in the mail. You send me homework in the mail. We correspond, via snail mail and the internet.

You say, "I can't afford to take it live." I have no idea what you are talking about, sorry. By "live" do you mean "in person"? Because it is not taught that way. It is a correspondence course. We correspond.

You say also that you want to "do it at a slow pace" however that is not an option that i offer. There are 52 lessons, one per week, so the course takes you one year. You have to turn in your homework assignments or you fail the class.

I know you said you were "exploring the course page book," but i think that you will need to read it again, because you do not seem to understand what is explained there.

http://luckymojo.com/mojocatcourse.html

If you are still interested, you must meet the prerequisites (listed on that page) and then you and i will talk by telephone, and then, if i accept you as a student, you will recive the course lesson-book by mail.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:36 pm

You're right, Sorry Cat! I'm not all with it here with so much going on.. I will reread it slowly when my mind's together, then contact you to apply for it once I'm ready.

zee

Unread post by zee » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:45 am

Thanks Conjure man and Devi Spring!
Looking forward to it!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:56 pm

Hope this thread cleared everything up for you zee! I was just accepted this month as was my wife! Welcome!

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

preppieroots

Unread post by preppieroots » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi,

I am not sure where to post this but thought this thread might be the right spot...I am a student in the Course and had signed up to the Yahoo group for it a while back. The problem is I have forgotten my login name and password...how can I sign up again to get back into the Yahoo group? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1530

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:08 am

You have two choices:

1) Go through Yahoo's password and log-in recovery program and get them to email you the information.

2) Apply to the course group again, and give your name and student number, then wait for me to approve you.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:21 pm

I was wondering when is the next homework party, and where can I find this info for the future?

Willowspell

Unread post by Willowspell » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:45 pm

I know that they have one each month. Miss Cat usually posts when it is going to be in the News and Announcements Topic I believe.
[color=#408040]May the Road Rise you meet you.[/color]

-Willowspell

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:39 pm

The results of the last homework party also include a date of when the next homework party is. I believe the email mailer also includes the date of homework parties.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:43 pm

Thanks! I looked in both of those places. A newsletter hasnt been sent out for October yet, but I will just call the shop tomorrow. Or maybe I will just send in my stuff anyways.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:16 pm

The October Newsletter has been delayed because our dear friend Lara, who manages this job, has been under the weather.If she is unable to send it by the weekend, i will have to contact someone at the company that hosts the newsletters and have them waalk me through the procedures.
catherine yronwode

Lady Muse
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lady Muse » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:43 pm

Im In the Course! Im in! Yes!Yes!
Thank God!
Thank You Cat! Manny Huggs!
Blessing

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:42 pm

It was wonderful talking with you today, TrueBlessing. I was so moved by that strange sign with the pendulum. Wow.

Many hugs to you too!
catherine yronwode

Lady Muse
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lady Muse » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:48 pm

Thank you again Cat
It was a honor talking with you. I know that this is where I belong. Finally, this is where I belong
May you always be blessed and Highly favored!
Blessing

trish76

Unread post by trish76 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:26 am

Hello...again. My name is Patrice Butler (although I go by Trish here on this forum and on the web in general), and I live in Arizona. I am fairly new both to this forum and to all things Hoodoo, however I have done craft work as far as simple candle magic using oils, as well as the burning of incense, and using herbs. I have had marginal success with my work. Mainly my experience has been on the solitary Wiccan pathway, but to be honest, I am African American and in the years I have been studying the path I have not come across many of my culture. I am interested in studying hoodoo because I think if I am going to study all the different spiritual pathways and practices, as I have been, to neglect the one that has roots within my own culture seems like the counterintuitive thing to do, in my opinion. I also think I am looking for something that I can relate to a little more. From what I have seen on this site and from perusing the web, cat is an authority on hoodoo and rootwork, so here I am.

After initially joining the forum, and reading some of the posts I did decide to purchase cat's Hoodoo herb book. I recently completed my first order from Lucky Mojo as well and have gotten some helpful advice from other forum members, both by directly asking and perusing around. Hopefully over the next few months, I can become more familiar with the practice, as I order the required LM items. I do like to experiment when working, I like to think it makes it more personal when you get creative and make it your own. So I think the process will be fun. I will try and post more so cat and others can become familiar with me so I am not like a total stranger. Although I do tend to get a little nervous when posting on public forums because one, I don't want to sound totally ignorant, and two, sometimes what I want to say and what comes out in a post don't match up and the intent comes out wrong. Kinda like craft work does sometimes lol. I suppose the only way to work on that though is to post more.

So I guess this is my post stating interest in the course and re-introducing myself :)
"Don't allow your wounds to transform you into someone you are not". ~ Paulo Coelho ~ ♥

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:22 am

trish76, I am sure cat would love to have you as a student, please review the Hoodoo Correspondence Course website for particulars found here http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html#Who_can_apply (specifically the Terms and Conditions)
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

trish76

Unread post by trish76 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:15 pm

Awesome. Thanks for the help and the link (big duh there, totally spaced out on going to the website instead of scratching my head at the book LOL). I am excited to be here learning and working towards the class is really challenging me to be creative. I can't wait for the products to arrive! :D
"Don't allow your wounds to transform you into someone you are not". ~ Paulo Coelho ~ ♥

Mikki

Unread post by Mikki » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:02 am

catherineyronwode wrote:You do not need to become a professional rootworker -- although some of my students do.

You DO need to promise me, in a telephone conversation, to my actual ear, that you will turn in the homework and attempt to graduate. I no longer take on students who are just "sight-seeing."

It's all the sight-seeing that makes it's harder for us folks who are really interested in doing it :(

I am definitely not a sight-seer!! I too am starting the saving process and will make my 2nd order with the shop later this month.

Nighthawk01

Unread post by Nighthawk01 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:42 pm

I have a question? I live in an area with very few African/Americans. The one who do live here baiscly stay's to them selves.

In Miss Cat's Course it says to talk with them. How do I do that when I know very few of them and don't even know if that's what they believe in or do?

I live in the Kingston, Oklahoma area.

Anyone who can answer this, Please feel free to do so.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:17 pm

As to talking to African Americans, what on earth are you waiting for? You can't seriously tell me that you are going to practice folk-magic that is the tradition and spirituality of African Americans, but then hesitate when it comes to talking to them. You don't have to run up and say "hey can you tell me about hoodoo." This isn't about using them for their knowledge. It's about emersing yourself in the culture. Go out and make friends with African Americans, talk to them, get to know them. Even if they don't believe in hoodoo chances are that you'll learn valuable things from them and if you are sincere enough maybe they'll share a bit of what they remember of a grandfather or grandmother that did that "stuff."

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:41 pm

Thanks, ConjureMan Ali.

Nighthawk01, i do see your point: According to Wikipedia, at the 2000 US census, the town of Kingston, OK looked like this:

1,390 people, 552 households, and 381 families residing in the town. The population density was 791.8 people per square mile (304.9/km²). There were 629 housing units at an average density of 358.3/sq mi (138.0/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 78.56% White, 0.14% African American, 14.68% Native American, 0.95% Asian, 1.80% from other races, and 4.75% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.39% of the population.

0.14% of 1,390 people is about 2 people.

Your county seat, Madill, is a bit larger and certainly more racially balanced. At the 2000 census it had 3,410 people, 1,284 households, and 830 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,179.8 people per square mile (455.6/km²). There were 1,453 housing units at an average density of 502.7/sq mi (194.1/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 64.52% White, 6.04% African American, 6.42% Native American, 0.26% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 15.84% from other races, and 6.89% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 20.97% of the population.

6.04% of 3,410 people is about 220 people. Now you have something to work with.

So you've got some work to do. Meet some of those 220 African American folks and make friends.

Remember, i am not asking you to talk to anyone about rootwork, conjure, magic, or hoodoo. I am asking you to get to know somebody well enough to inquire and learn about a family custom, belief, recipe, trick, omen, or what is popularly called superstition (i don't like that word, but a lot of folks use it).

But if you can't be friends with a black person, just don't take the course, okay? Read the free spells, buy the green HHRM book, have fun, stay cool, and God bless you.
catherine yronwode

Nighthawk01

Unread post by Nighthawk01 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:10 pm

Thank you for the information ConjureMan Ali. I'll take it to heart. It's a real honor to get an e-mail from you Miss Cat. Thanks for all the work you did for me. I have already got your book HHRM. Am starting to read on it now. In process of moving into this house in Kingston. I presently live at Mead. It's 10 miles away. I'll be moved by the 7 of next month and can really get to studing.

I was informed by an Uncle the other day that my GreatGrand mother was into something, but it wasn't hoodoo. I don't want to go in the way, I just want to do good and help people.

I have one more question? I did live in Harrison, Arkansas for 28 years. Sorry to say, there were alot of KKK there. Most people who lived there were into it. No blacks. I'm not to sure, it may sound weird of how to start talking to them. I've lived all over the US. But basicly grew up there. Race doesn't bother me, but it does feel weird and out of place. You know how some people will say "Stay with your own kind". But I want to learn...

Thanks so much for your help and words. Thanks to both of you, all all others who have helped me to this point.

Hopefully, one day in a year or so, I can return the favor.

Thanks again and be blessed.

trish76

Unread post by trish76 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:04 pm

Nighthawk01 wrote:You know how some people will say "Stay with your own kind". But I want to learn...

"Some people" will say lots of things, such as "spellwork is bad" or "don't go into graveyards and take dirt", there are things in rootwork that might scare people that are new to it or folks who just don't know about it at all. If you want to learn, and more importantly practice, you have to go beyond your comfort zone and make the effort. Don't let the opinions and prejudices of others control your life and actions.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:21 pm

Nighthawk, i am moving your questions about a graveyard dirt spell to the section on herb, root, and mineral magic. It is not on-topic in this thread, which is about the course i teach. I am moving ConjureMan Ali's response to you as well.

Now, i can't help it that you live in an area where racists are so common. I know you are correct -- but i can't help that. That's YOUR path to walk.

This course is about African American culture. Students who take this class will learn to honour and celebrate this culture, even it is not the culture into which they were born. That's the long and the short of it. That's set in stone.

If taking the course is not possible for you, then read the free spells, buy the spiritual supplies you want, and walk whatever path you feel comfortable with.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:45 am

I'm a newbie here, so hopefully I won't post the same post twice. Anyway, I've found out from experience there is a huge difference in the products from Cat's store as there is from others. I've bought "fixed" bottles from other online stores that have arrived in wet boxes because the seller used faulty bottles that leaked. I assumed from this that anyone who would be so careless with a bottle ( two actually), would also be careless in their spell work; if any was done at all.

With every single item I've bought from Cat's store, I have never had any problems with them, in fact; they worked, sometimes too well ( I'm talking honey jar spells) ;) Be careful what you wish for my Grandmother used to say. :D

In other instances, I purchased oils & candles from another store yet again ( you'd think I'd learn my lesson) only to find that after using the product I began having a series of nightmares. Soon after throwing the products away, I discovered an article that said to be mindful of who you buy products from because the maker's energy or intent may not be so benevolent, and in fact can cause much distress to the buyer.

I soon became conscious of the fact that Cat's products are truly prayed over and the proof has been in the pudding; her products have always had a beneficial effect on myself as well as some family members.

After reading Cat's book, twice, its clear this woman has done intense research. Anyone who has done research before can see that Cat's book and thousands of articles are irrefutable on the basis of years of study, trial and error and multiple interviews with other practitioners as well as regular people who; unbeknownst to them, simply followed a generational method taught by their ancestors to relieve ailments or to serve their needs in some capacity.

I decided to take the course based on the facts, it is given by someone who knows her stuff. Even though I come from a line of maternal line of ancestral mediums, I felt intuitively the necessity of learning HooDoo from a professional with extremely high standards. It wasn't a breeze to get in, like it is with other online facilities but I finally did and am excited to learn from someone who knows a thing or two about HooDoo. Okay, several things. ;)

Nighthawk01

Unread post by Nighthawk01 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:27 pm

Thanks, and I have always been sort of a loner in a way. I'm willing to make friends and over boundaries I don't really care what people say if I'm wanting to learn something. I have been thrown out of Man's churches, because they say things that aren't right and I have corrected them. Mom taught me the Bible pretty good. We're Native American, "Cherokee" mostly.

Thanks Again for the advice and help.

Forest_Roots

Unread post by Forest_Roots » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:04 am

Does anyone know of a Hoodoo root worker (old school) that lives in ohio that is willing to take on a student? I have been learning on my own and off the forums listening to the LM hoodoo rootwork podcasts which are all great but i want a person i can speak to and interact with

i have been making my own recipies for oils and powders etc but im very new to hoodoo and have made more then a few mistakes in my trial and error workings :P i would like a guide to prevent more needless errors :)

hope you all are having a great day :) blessings to you
Reverend Josh
Head of the Temple of the Silver Circle
A Traditional Witchcraft Coven

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:52 am

First, please respect the fact that this is the Lucky Mojo customer forum, not a place to garner hints for "making [your] own recipies for oils and powders." Thank you.

Second, i truly suggest that you take my correspondence course. It represents the fruits of 40 years of my studies with workers all over the country, and it is designed to help practitioners go beyond the "i found it on the net" level of spiritual practice.

Students whio wiish to take my course must meet certain proficiency and age requitrements, including a telephone interview with me. Once enrolled they are expected to produce a number of homework products to signify their understanding of the work in practical terms, after which they are given a certificate of completion. Graduates of my course function as moderators on this forum and their names are highlighted in bright green.

I have enrolled more than 30 students in the state of Ohio, out of a total of more than 1,600 students to date, and if you become a student, you will have access to their names, city locations and email addresses though our student directory.

Please read more about the course here:

http://luckymojo.com/mojocaourse.html

Third, check out Rukiah Shamon in East Lake Ohio, near Cleveland. She is a member of the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers (AIRR) and a graduate of my correspondence course, as well as a long-time practitioner in her own right, following her own family traditions.

I have no idea if she will take you on as a student, and i strongly suspect that she might request that you also take my course during the time that she is teaching you, but, in any case, her page at AIRR is here:

http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... iah_Shamon

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Forest_Roots

Unread post by Forest_Roots » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:53 am

Hello Cat, :)

I actually thought about your course to begin with, i will try to call today and ask you about it i have some questions about what ive been reading :) tyvm
Reverend Josh
Head of the Temple of the Silver Circle
A Traditional Witchcraft Coven

nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread post by nagasiva » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:49 am

please read about the course here... after you qualify for application, you can make an appointment to speak with catherine for about 30 - 40 minutes about the agreements she will need from you before accepting you as a student.

basic course information:
http://luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html
nagasiva yronwode

Forum Tech Help
forum@luckymojo.com

tigerlilly

Unread post by tigerlilly » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:12 pm

I, myself can't wait for the time I can take the course. I still have a few things to order, and I am waiting until I get settled after serving overseas.

EavanStar

Unread post by EavanStar » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:23 pm

So EXCITED to say Ive been accepted to the Correspondence Course. It was a pleasure speaking with Miss cat. I'm eager to get started. :D
~Eavan *
Student #1655

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:01 am

EavenStar, i enjoyed talking with you as well, and i am very happy to take you on as a student.
catherine yronwode

shellysweet777

Unread post by shellysweet777 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:05 am

catherineyronwode wrote:Tisha, i have never heard of Yahoo "not allowing" people to join the ongoing hrcourse group. I do recall we had a lot of trouble with bouncing emails from your old ren-trim address -- and i'm glad to see you got that straightened out. All you have to do to join the Yahoo group for students is go to the group sign-in page, ask to join, and in the message box clearly state your full name and student ID#, so we can verify your student status, and you will be automatically approved. If you do not state your name and student ID#, your request will be rejected, with a form letter asking you to re-apply with the necessary information. When you re-apply with name and student ID#, you will be accepted into the group. It's quite simple and painless -- and almost 1,000 students have successfully joined the Yahoo group.

Also, i truly would like you to turn in your homework. Right now you are listed as "inactive," but in 2010 -- five years after you enrolled, and with a record that indicates you never turned in any homework at all -- you will be officially listed as "failed." It does not reflect well on your professional status as a self-styled "hoodoo mama" that other students will see your name in our roster as a "failed" student. You liked the course well enough to commercially utilize what i taught you, and you are graciously recommending the course to others, so it would be naturally respectful to me -- and professionally useful to you -- to complete your assignments and graduate. Think about it.

Yipes, i too am a person who took the course, loved it, benefit from what i have learned on a daily basis and never handed in my homework..it is one thing to go un noticed but to be marked as failed..i guess i had better get crackin! I have always had the utmost respect for you Ms.Cat and thought i had the rest of your natural life to turn in my homework. Thank you for everything and i will show some R E S P E C T take care, and i will T C B ! (Aretha Franklin playin.)
shellysweet #96

HouseofFoust

Unread post by HouseofFoust » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Ive started the process of ordering my supplies and i own the Roots and herbs book and ive been reading thru the online book so the question i guess have now is whats next ? I read the online HOW TO but i was a bit lost?

Conjuremoon

Unread post by Conjuremoon » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:44 am

I know this is posted somewhere here, but I needed to ask. I am not new to the forum, but forgot my user/password and there were tech difficulties, so I just set up a new one today.

I wanted to know how you know if the Rootworker course is the best course for you. I feel of all the Hoodoo courses out there, Cat's is the best, I read up on it. So, I am not asking what is the best out of them, but how do you know if you are called to Rootwork?

I have been reading the Tarot for over 22 years and when clients tell me they are interested in Tarot and do I teach classes or will I and my response is, that it is a calling. I knew when I was 9 years old (not exaggerating) that I wanted to be a tarot reader, my aunt was, and I grabbed the cards and never let go. I am self-taught and taught by family members. I just tell people "you just know". I don't teach classes because i believe it is a calling. So I am a bit of a hypocrite. It isn't something you do for fun, it is your life and you are dedicated to it. I have felt for years, called to rootwork. I have Cat's book and bought things from Lucky Mojo many times.

Can you be a successful rootworker without the course?

Here is what I want out of Root work and maybe someone could chime in?

1. I believe this is the best spiritual path for me. I like the Christian base, in which I was raised. I feel powerful when I do the work & petition saints. I didn't feel anything working when I practiced other things. I believe people are called to a path that works for them. I feel at home & good when with this.

2. I am coming to a point in my professional readings, where I am going from predicting the future to wanting to help clients. Unless I am proficient in something I feel it is fraudulent to offer it. When I do my readings I can clearly see a client needs a cleansing, but I can't do anything about it. I could just tell them. I want to be able to offer spiritual help as well. I believe I am coming full circle into being a healer.

3. I feel called to this.

Love
Tara

Sorry, I am a long winded Pisces

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:52 am

Conjuremoon, of course you can be a rootworker without taking my course. Silly question, really! I did not invent hoodoo nor am i any kind of gate-keeper to it.

What i offer is a solid, practical, one-year conjure course consisting of a cloth-bound book of 432 jam-packed pages of information and a private Yahoo group for further information, in exchange for which i ask $104.00, your order of certain specific items from my shop that are to be used while taking the course, and your agreements to certain conditions, including a copyright agreement, a use-of-real-name agreement, and an agreement to turn in your homework and graduate from the course. Graduates are offered access to a second private Yahoo group and may take hands-on apprenticeship training with me in my shop.

That's all there is to it, really!
catherine yronwode

Conjuremoon

Unread post by Conjuremoon » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:42 am

Thank you Miss Cat. The money you charge is so well worth it! Your teachings are priceless.

divaluck

Unread post by divaluck » Tue May 24, 2011 10:49 am

I am considering taking the correspondence course, I have wanted to for some time now and am now in the position where I can actually do it! I'm curious about the things I would have needed to order from the shop in order to be approved for the course. For example, 4 Thieves Vinegar is on the list and I have never ordered it from the shop as I make my own. Does anyone know how something like this would work? Or should I just order from the shop? Thanks!!

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Tue May 24, 2011 7:49 pm

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html
Good luck to you divaluck and the Course!
We have a wonderful community!!!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

Cyd

Unread post by Cyd » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:42 pm

I did not know where to send this question

My wife would love to take the course. I have all my course material and the book
since i have these materials what does she need to do register. I will and have
not shared any of my course material with her unless its approved or if its OK
upon her registering. So my question is does she need to get her own material?
Everybody worrying me, want to know why I'm so crazy about dirt dauber tea
(Memphis Minnie)

NENA1182004

Unread post by NENA1182004 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:48 pm

I am excited to start the course I think ive read everybook on Santeria , voodoo, hoodoo there may be!! My collection is pretty big.

i am Puerto Rican and i still remember when I was a little girl my great grandmother who lived till 102 by the way!! would take me to her Santeros friends house and they would pray and dance to chango and la madama and all so many others I remember being given a bracelet with green and yellow for protection and always being told I will grow up to only follow my great grandmas path! that i had the ability to help others through the Arts is what they would tell me.! That it was in me it kinda scared me mind you i was only like 5 or 6 but now i know what i have to do and im excited to learn more and follow in what my great grandma tought me all this time.

So sorry for the long story just wanted to share!!

GB!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:52 pm

Cyd, we offer a discount to spouses of enrolled students. She will have to purchase her own supplies, and her own copy of the green HHRM book, but the course book if $78.00 instead of $104.00

Nena, I am not sure that this course is what you will wish to take or that what you will learn if you were to take it will be anything like what you are hoping for. This is not a course in Santeria, Voodoo, Lukumi, or Palo. It is not Afro-Caribbean or Afro-Latino. It is a course in African American and other Southern USA folk magic as practiced primarily by Protestant Christians.
catherine yronwode

Cyd

Unread post by Cyd » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:27 pm

awesome thanks Cat
Everybody worrying me, want to know why I'm so crazy about dirt dauber tea
(Memphis Minnie)

ElectroKid

Unread post by ElectroKid » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:07 pm

Hello Everybody

My name is Christopher Evans

I am new to the site.

I want to join Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course :D but I am from the united kingdom.

Do I have to be in the USA to take part? What would I need to do ? I am 18 years of age

Thanks.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:47 pm

Christopher, read here (http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.htm ... conditions) the terms of conditions to enroll in the course.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Starbuck

Unread post by Starbuck » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:44 am

Hello,

I have a question for Cat (and also for foreign students who happened to have graduated the course).

I'm well aware of the terms and conditions to take the class, and I have a little problem.

I see that in order to complete the 2nd assignment, we're supposed to get in touch with african-american people. Problem is, I'm currently living in France (Paris) and I have no idea of how I could meet african-american people. I know many people from many european traditions, and some afro-Caribbean people, and I'm even in touch with some voodoo practionners, but that's of course, really not helping in this case.

The one and only african-american man I've ever met was in Sweden, and was a regular catholic jazzman without real superstitious background...

Is there any way I could take the course, or is it just not possible ?

Thank you for your reply,

have a nice day

Spellkiss

Unread post by Spellkiss » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:33 am

Thank you Cat for accepting me in your course, I just received the book today its awesome can't wait to start! Thank you for personally signing it your a sweetie :]

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:17 am

Spellkiss -- You're welcome. I look forward to receiving your homework in due time! If you have any questions, please post them at the course Yahoo group (see page 16 of the book).

Starbuck -- I don't know what you mean about your African American jazz musician friend in Sweden being "a regular catholic jazzman without real superstitious background." Perhaps this a translation problem, but I don't ask you to have a superstitious friend, just someone with whom you can discuss family beliefs and folklore.
catherine yronwode

Spellkiss

Unread post by Spellkiss » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:04 am

:] yay i was accepted in the yahoo group thanks.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:27 pm

Starbuck,

There are certain exceptions made for those living in countries with basically no African American population. I'm not sure if France falls into that catagory not (I know the Nordic nations do, and perhaps the Slavic) - you'd have to ask Miss Cat. In any case, for those who are living in an area deemed almost impossible to meet an African American person, they are allowed to interviewAfrican Americans that they have met through the internet. The class email group is one place where one can ask to become acquaintances with someone who is African American for the purposes of Assignment #2.

That being said, if you're still in contact with your African American friend in Sweden, he would be a perfect source. You don't have to ask specifically about conjure and hoodoo, it's just asking for you to collect family beliefs and practices. If he's Catholic, what saints did they have in their house (if any)? What observances or family traditions did they have during Christmas/Easter/New Years/Birthdays/Births/Deaths? Did his grandmother used to use a very specific ointment or "old wives tale" folk remedy when the kids got sick or injured? Etc. Just the fact that he's Catholic is interesting! How did his family become Catholic? What region were they from? All of those are cultural practices that are of interest and relevance to learning more about African American culture.

You have to interview with Miss Cat before you can be accepted into the class, so ask her how she wants you to approach Assignment #2 when you speak to her.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

serpentlight213

Unread post by serpentlight213 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:33 am

Ok, first off, I want to say that I am not asking how to be great like the previous hoodoo legends such as Marie Laveau (even though there was Voodoo intertwined there) and Dr. John etc.

I am asking how to become a legitimate root doctor because I am interested in Hoodoo among other things and I want to know I can help people out.

I knows it will be a lot of work but its a dream of sorts to have a little magickal shop etc. Plus financial issues come and go.

I have prized my knowledge of magick in the past but got frustrated at myself at times for not being able to successfully practice it which is why I am thinking of taking a "more traditional" course on magick. When I say traditional I mean something you can put your hands into and feels like it stems directly from old days - witchcraft of sorts. I know hoodoo isn't witchcraft but when I say witchcraft I am talking about working with herbs, nature, spirits etc. in a non-golden dawn sense.

I know I could just buy a spell kit or other product but I really think the HRCC would be more of an investment especially if it is the starting point of becoming a legitimate rootworker.

I have worked with magick (spells etc.) with some success but oddly enough the most success was with attracting spirits.

Thank you in advance for responding, whoever it may be.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:16 pm

Serpentlight213: Yes, I agree with you; the HRCC would be right up your alley and get you sailing in the right direction! Good luck to you!

-Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Catherine's Correspondence Course and Apprenticeship Program”