Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

HRCC: Required Purchases for Correspondence Course

How to take cat's Correspondence Course, plus news about Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Workshops, Apprenticeships, and Parties.
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: HRCC: Required Purchases for Correspondence Course

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:25 am

yoragoddess

We keep a list of all purchases made by our customers, going back to 1998.

If you cannot remember everything you have purchased over the years, i suggest that you EMAIL the shop and ask for a list of all your previous purchases to be emailed back to you.

When you receive the emailed list, you can compare it to the list of required purchases at http://luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html -- then buy any products you may be missing.

Once you have determined that your purchases do meet the requirements, you can TELEPHONE the shop and ask for an appointment to be set up for a course interview call. The person taking the call will probably either put you on hold or arrange to call you back after checking your purchase list for the requirements. Once scheduled, the course call will take from 1/2 hour to 1 hour.

I look forward to talking to you!

=============================

MedhaDevi / Rowan,

Santisima Muerte Oil is not a hoodoo oil, thus it is not a qualifying oil for the Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course.

I don't understand why you would consider studying conjure practices with me if your very first post here in the Lucky Mojo Forum is to question how far afield you can digress from conjure, which is the only topic i am teaching.

Also, just to make it clear, i do not accept as a student every person who purchases a certain list of products from me. In particular, i don't feel in any way obligated to accept students who are obviously uninterested in African American conjure and culture and would rather be studying something else.

I suggest that it is actually in your best interest to study two other forms of magical practice -- gemstone magic and Mexican Folk-Catholic magic -- with two other teachers.

I am not the teacher you seek and the Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course is not the course of study you are looking for.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

yoragoddess

Unread post by yoragoddess » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:56 pm

Ok great,thank you Catherine. I look forward to talking to you as well

MedhaDevi

Unread post by MedhaDevi » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:16 pm

Ms. Yronwode,

Wow. I'm sorry, I certainly didn't mean to upset you and I definitely wasn't trying to see how far afield I could digress from conjure. I was simply asking a question to make sure I understood what you were looking for. I'm not particularly interested in studying gemstone magic or in using them in my conjure practice, I was merely using that as an example to clarify my question. And as far as that being my first post - well, I thought it would be more polite to ask it on a public forum than to take up space in your mailbox with an email.
I fully understand and value the emphasis on tradition and traditional methods, which I why I would like to take your course (something about which we have previously spoken on the phone, actually), but the people I have learned from so far have been influenced by a wide array of other practices, so I was unclear about whether or not St. Michael, for example, would have been a part of traditional rootwork (as two of my teachers have been strong advocates of St. Michael and various products bearing his name). As I said, I wasn't trying to digress from what you are teaching, but if I haven't learned it yet how can I be faulted for not knowing what is traditional and what is not? Is it not better that I ask and make sure I am doing what is correct, rather than assuming and being wrong?

Once more, I'm sorry if I irritated or offended you.
Rowan

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:37 pm

MedhaDevi / Rowan --

I am not offended. I am a blunt speaker and i speak from years of experience.

You mentioned Saint Michael. That's a Jewish archangel who was appropriated by the Catholics as a Catholic saint. Obviously Saint Michael is not "a part of traditional rootwork" among those Black Americans who are not Catholics, and, as it happens, few black Americans (about 5%, according to the Pew Research Center's Forum on Religion & Public Life) are Catholics. Check out the demographics here:

http://www.blackdemographics.com/religion.html

That being the case, you will find, as i have, that most of the people purporting to use or teach conjure who call upon Catholic saints are White or Latino Americans. There definitely are black American Catholics -- but being a Catholic is not the most common religion associated with hoodoo.

I am teaching the hoodoo and conjure work of those who taught it to me, and by far the most of them were black American Protestants.

You can read more about hoodoo and various religions in this Forum thread:

Hoodoo & Religion: Voodoo Wicca Santeria Witchcraft Atheism
hoodoo-&-religion-voodoo-wicca-santeria ... 10231.html
catherine yronwode

MedhaDevi

Unread post by MedhaDevi » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:45 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:MedhaDevi / Rowan --

I am not offended. I am a blunt speaker and i speak from years of experience.

You mentioned Saint Michael. That's a Jewish archangel who was appropriated by the Catholics as a Catholic saint. Obviously Saint Michael is not "a part of traditional rootwork" among those Black Americans who are not Catholics, and, as it happens, few black Americans (about 5%, according to the Pew Research Center's Forum on Religion & Public Life) are Catholics. Check out the demographics here:

http://www.blackdemographics.com/religion.html

That being the case, you will find, as i have, that most of the people purporting to use or teach conjure who call upon Catholic saints are White or Latino Americans.
Ms. Yronwode,

Actually, I read you post about the percentage of African American Catholics just last night. I'm sorry I took your post so personally, I guess it just seemed a bit vicious without the presence of tone/inflection/body language. I'll try not to be so sensitive in the future.
I was assuming that the inclusion of Catholic saints wasn't a part of traditional Hoodoo, but (specifically with St. Michael and the other Archangels) I wasn't certain. I am still very interested in taking the course and hope that, when the time comes, you will still consider taking me on as a student. I would like to call your shop and arrange a time to speak with you over the phone (although the time difference is a bit of a problem, since I live in Guam).

Thank you for your responses,
Rowan

Laila
HRCC Student

Unread post by Laila » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:04 am

Piseog, I was touched when you said that wild plants you have always just passed by now have special meaning and relevance to you. I am having a similar experience.

Best, Laila

MedhaDevi

Unread post by MedhaDevi » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:08 am

Just realized I typed, "viscous", instead of, "vicious". One of these days I'll get with the proof-reading program.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:32 am

MedhaDevi wrote:Just realized I typed, "viscous", instead of, "vicious". One of these days I'll get with the proof-reading program.
I corrected your post. If you wish to edit or make corrections to your posts, just use the "edit" button.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

MedhaDevi

Unread post by MedhaDevi » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Oh, thanks! I'm still learning my way around the forum.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:27 pm

I feel more viscous than vicious, if the truth be known. :-)
catherine yronwode

MedhaDevi

Unread post by MedhaDevi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:37 pm

Haha! Well if California is anything like Guam that's because of the heat. I can barely move, let alone attack anything.

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:55 pm

I was confused about the part of the requirements regarding the oils, powders, crystals, and incenses. The correspondence course page says:
4 Lucky Mojo hoodoo conjure oils,
one each for love, money, protection, and negative work
2 Lucky Mojo self-lighting incense powders,
one for attracting and one for repelling or harming
2 Lucky Mojo sachet powders,
one for attracting and one for repelling or harming
2 Lucky Mojo bath crystals,
one for uncrossing and one for attracting money or love

...but earlier in the thread, it was stated that these ten items should cover the nine conditions of hoodoo: love, protection, court cases, etc. As such, I was wondering, should I go with what it said on the correspondence course page, what Ms. Cat said earlier in the thread about the nine conditions, or can I just go either way?

I'm excited to start collecting these products, even the ones that I wouldn't normally buy for my own purposes. I have a growing interest in the learning for its own sake.
"Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness."
-Proverbs 8:18

SimoneWoodward

Unread post by SimoneWoodward » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:22 am

This has been such a helpful thread! I'm planning on making my four orders over the next four months. While I am not qualified to give advice, I printed out both the requirements list on the correspondence course and the suggestion made earlier in the thread to try and cross-reference the two. If you just follow what's written there and then during the consultation after four months you find there's one or two things missing, then you will find out what they are and order them. Just relax and let it happen how it's going to happen. Trying to force it never makes anything work better, it will either break what you're trying to force or the thing you're trying to force will break you.

I was wondering to myself about the court case oil and thinking I'd never need that - and just got a phone call from a friend who has to go to court out of the blue! Talk about never say never....now I know the focus of my first order.

Luck of the Irish
HRCC Student

Unread post by Luck of the Irish » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:07 am

I have a question: I'm interested in signing up for the course (several friends and colleagues raved about it) and I kind of got super excited about it and ordered all of the materials in 2 orders over two months. Then life got in the way and I forgot to order during month three. It is now month four and I've ordered extra materials I need, for a total of 3 orders. I've ordered everything required already, so can I place another order this month and have that count as 4 orders in 4 months, or do I need to wait until next month to place my final order and then order the course/petition for an interview? I'm not so good at the waiting, but I know that this is worth it. Either way, I'm very much looking forward to being considered.
Thanks!
-Seamus

Odessa
HRCC Student

Unread post by Odessa » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:39 am

I want to add one little comment on the purchases for the classes. I just had my invoices checked and found out that I was short one herb and made a small mistake on the 1/2 oz bottle order. I found out that the bottle should be the square one, not the round one. Which makes sense now since its for an oil homework project! Make sure to order the right bottle ! :) Now just waiting on the last 2 items to call back for an interview. In the mean time back to reading forum posts and taking notes..
"if someone hands you lemons, mystify them by making a chocolate cake out of them"

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:20 pm

Congrats Odessa...so close! :)
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

nutmeg
HRCC Student

Unread post by nutmeg » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:55 pm

I am so excited :D ...just placed my last order to get my required items to apply for Correspondence Course. I do have a question about the HOODOO HERB AND ROOT MAGIC book. I puchased my copy from Amazon years ago. I think I can get proof from my online account records. If i am able to show i have already purchased, do i need to prchase again with the correspondence?

When i order my correspondence materials can I put that "I agree to all terms" in the message area or should i send a seperate emai to express my interest and acceptance of terms?

Thanks

NUTMEG (aka..TuVara).

nutmeg
HRCC Student

Unread post by nutmeg » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:32 pm

I expanded the posts and have found the answers to my questions. Will be anxiously waiting for my order and talk with Miss Cat.

Spending my time reading all Miss Cat online materials, listening to archived LM Hoodoo Rootwork hour shows and milling around the forum

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:26 pm

Once you've met the materials requirement, call the shop to schedule your interview with Miss cat. I believe she will go over the terms, and clear you to order your course book during the interview.

If you already have a copy of the green book, then you're good to go.

Enjoy the course.
Two-Headed Doctor

Little Owl
Newly Registered

Unread post by Little Owl » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:25 pm

One of the required purchases is a conjure oil for negative work. Is that a crossing oil?

Odessa
HRCC Student

Unread post by Odessa » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:00 pm

Little Owl, that is what I bought for my negative oil. Let me tell ya, the Crossing Oil is a wicked looking mixture!!! If in doubt you can always call the shop and they will help you with your course requirements. They also check over your invoices and let you know you have it all before the interview part.
"if someone hands you lemons, mystify them by making a chocolate cake out of them"

Little Owl
Newly Registered

Unread post by Little Owl » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:07 pm

Thank you Odessa.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:16 am

Little Owl: There are many different "negative" oils, you do not have to specifically buy the Crossing Oil, but it is good to have on hand.
Joseph Magnuson

KittyLove

Unread post by KittyLove » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Howdy

Just out of curiosity...

I see there is a bottle as required purchase. Is there also a list of altar tools that one would require?

I have been interested in the course for a little while. I am close to having purchased the all required products. I think there are very few catagories that i have not yet acquired. There is a lot of stuff to read here!

I am an applied Learner, my best way to learn is to get my hands dirty. So I like that it is encouraged to have some experience with the products prior to admittance. It makes my learning experience more meaningful and rich. At some point, I will give a better introduction to myself so you know me better. As an Aries I seem to just Jump in. :D

Much gratitude for having found you.
MissKittylovesNanny
Thank you St. Michael for keeping us safe!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:24 pm

MissKittylovesNanny,

There are no required altar tools, and the bottle is to be used to contain the oil you will make me as one of the eight homework assignments.

I like what you said about learning better when you have some hands-on experience -- that is true of me too.
catherine yronwode

KittyLove

Unread post by KittyLove » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:51 pm

Thanks miss cat. When I am ready I am looking forward to making my own oil!
Thank you St. Michael for keeping us safe!

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:15 am

The decision to take Miss Cat's course, learn more and graduate, the entire experience was one of the greatest ever for me. We, the past present and future students have had the opportunity to learn from an overflowing fountain of information. There is more than one reason I consider Miss Cat as the Best.

I decided to post to the thread based on some good recent questions about the homework. I personally loved the homework! I loved coming up with a creative idea and concept for my oil and my Mojo. I called mine Silver Lining, and it contained real silver from a pharmacy from 1946. I took the bottle to my first apprenticeship and was beaming when I showed it to Miss Cat.

If y'all have the opportunity to attend the workshops, typically there is a homework party the Friday night before. It is very interesting to me the customs that we share with the first three homework assignments and stories behind obtaining graveyard dirt, and hearing about the creativity behind the recipe for each student's oil and Mojo!

Good luck and great learning!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

tommyhayes
Newly Registered

Unread post by tommyhayes » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:00 pm

Greetings all.... I am currently doing some small fixin of some gris gris and candle spells at home an only revolving around me.. I do find myself becoming more involved but need more direction about moving forward. I have always enjoyed and highly respected these forums and this organization. In fact I purchased my first Mojo bag from Lucky Mojo over the phone about 15 years ago...... Also, I dont have any local people here in NJ to ask questions and to tell you the truth dont trust anyone around here with regards to this.... I am totally interested in the correspondance course but I dont know if I fit the requirements..

Advice??

Much appreciated..

Tommy Hayes

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:52 pm

Read through this description of what you will need (http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html)

Good Luck on your travels...it is certainly a wonderful course.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Old Jack

Unread post by Old Jack » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:48 pm

My wife and I recently made our first order from LM in preparation for taking the correspondence course. I'm wondering now if the required purchases list will fulfill the requirements for two people in one household, or if we should be making separate purchases. We included both our names on the order. If we need to establish a customer history for each of us, individually, we can and will do so. I just wanted to make sure we're on the right track from the beginning.

Thanks,
Jack

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:12 pm

It is my inclination to treat each member of the household as an individual. There is a spousal discount on the 2nd book (which also applies to other members in a family, not just spouses.
catherine yronwode

Old Jack

Unread post by Old Jack » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:32 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:It is my inclination to treat each member of the household as an individual. There is a spousal discount on the 2nd book (which also applies to other members in a family, not just spouses.
Thanks for the quick response Miss Cat. I knew about the family discount on the second book. I'm glad I asked about the required purchases, looks like we'll need to double our efforts!

Jack

Auntie Mae

Unread post by Auntie Mae » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:45 am

Hello!

I am excited to have received my first order from LM today! Everything looks great and I am excited to learn more about them.

I did have a question regarding mine and Old Jack's customer numbers. Are they supposed to be the same number? I noticed on our receipts that we have the same number. Just curious. :)

Thank you again for speedy delivery of my order!

Auntie Mae
~Auntie Mae

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi, Auntie Mae (and Old Jack).

I looked you up and we had your names together on one customer record. We have split them apart. The first invoice is now attributed to Old Jack and the second invoice (with a different customer number) is attributed to Auntie Mae. We have added data notes in your client records connecting you as a married couple. Thanks for bringing this oversight to our attention.
catherine yronwode

Auntie Mae

Unread post by Auntie Mae » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:12 pm

Thank you! I am so looking forward to ordering more items and discovering how they are used! :)
~Auntie Mae

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:30 pm

Auntie Mae & Old Jack: It is great to see another husband and wife team getting ready to take the correspondence class. Best of luck to the both of you!
Joseph Magnuson

Carmela
HRCC Student

Unread post by Carmela » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:40 pm

This thread has definitely been helpful. I just placed my fourth order and I think I have all the requirements covered. I can't wait for them to get here so I can call and schedule my interview with Miss Cat. I'm nervous and excited!

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:07 pm

That is wonderful news Carmela! Best of luck to you! :-)
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:27 am

Would Nature oil count as a love oil? Also, is there anything besides Banishing and Hot Footing that's considered "repelling?"
Thank you to St. Dymphna!

Coby Michael
Newly Registered

Unread post by Coby Michael » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:03 am

Hi there,
I just registered on this forum, though I have read through it a great deal, and I think it is great what you all are doing. That aside, I just want to clarify on some of the required purchases.

1. Is Master Key considered attracting?
2. Is Essence of Bend Over considered negative, or are we talking Confusion, D.U.M.E., Crossing, etc.
3. Lastly, I ordered two six herb specials, but I'm assuming I also need a specific blend of herbs as well.

Just want to get my required purchases in, as well as the rest of my shopping list.

Coby Michael
Newly Registered

Unread post by Coby Michael » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:09 am

Was just looking through the posts in this forum again, and I believe I answered my own question in regards to Essence of Bend Over, and its negativity. I suppose the resulting subjugation would be negative to the person being dominated, but would be categorized as controlling/dominating. I believe I was splitting hairs with that question. Oh well, I will have bought them all soon enough anyways lol.

Gabriela10
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Gabriela10 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:11 pm

Blessings,

I am more than interested in taking the course, I want to learn a lot. My grandmother taught me few things here and there, but I was never formerly taught by anyone. I will try to go to the store this weekend and made most or all the required purchases (minus the ones that I already bought). But I would like to start using some of them for my own protection and cleaning. Would that be ok, or do I have to save them for further use in the correspondence course? If I need them for the course, I will just buy two sets of some of the items :D
I am reading on my own about herbs from the required book. I want to be well prepared for this. Is there any other suggestion for me to get from the store besides the already published list?

Thank your very much for all the information

Gabriela

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:05 am

You can most definitely start using the products that are required to purchase. By working with the products you can start to get a feel, and understanding of their use and application.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

SwampOak
HRCC Student

Unread post by SwampOak » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:55 am

Greetings!

I am beginning to place my required ingredient orders to be eligible to apply for the correspondence course.

I have a question - what if you're unsure which *exact* category you may place an oil/sachet/etc? Some are plainly obvious like "Money Drawing Oil" is obviously under the required oil category of money (love, money, protection, and negative work). But what about say "Boss Fix Oil" or "Van Van Oil?" Same could be asked about incenses, sachets, bath oils, etc.

Thank you in advance!

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:13 am

SwampOak wrote:Greetings!

I am beginning to place my required ingredient orders to be eligible to apply for the correspondence course.

I have a question - what if you're unsure which *exact* category you may place an oil/sachet/etc?
Agreed, I have similar questions. I think I have it right...
-For money, protection, and negative work oils, I have Money Drawing, Law Keep Away, and Black Arts
-For attracting incense powder, I have Van Van (for drawing in good luck)
-For attracting sachet powder, I have Attraction

A love oil should be easy to pick out. For my repelling/harming incense powder and sachet powder, I am thinking of going for some kind of cursing incense and Fiery Wall of Protection sachet powder. Bath crystals may be Uncrossing and Fast Luck.

I just hope I am correct...

SwampOak
HRCC Student

Unread post by SwampOak » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:27 am

heartexalted wrote: Agreed, I have similar questions. I think I have it right...
-For money, protection, and negative work oils, I have Money Drawing, Law Keep Away, and Black Arts

A love oil should be easy to pick out. For my repelling/harming incense powder and sachet powder, I am thinking of going for some kind of cursing incense and Fiery Wall of Protection sachet powder. Bath crystals may be Uncrossing and Fast Luck.

I just hope I am correct...
Hopefully Ms Cat or one of the Mods/Graduates will respond heartexalted. :) I'm just wanting to make sure before I start placing more orders.

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:03 pm

heartexalted wrote: Agreed, I have similar questions. I think I have it right...

A basic rule of these required purchases that I have been told is that for Attraction it must be something directly for Attraction IE: Money Draw, Come to Me, Attraction

Van Van is for clearing away messes and changing bad luck to good luck. Not 100% attraction, but also not 100% repelling, either.

Protection could be either Fiery Wall of Protection or Protection titled products, but also could include Fear Not To Walk Over Evil or Jinx Killer. (The latter two are laid down over jinxed or crossed areas to protect those who walk over the area or to kill the jinxes placed there; additionally, Jinx Killer can also be used like Reversing and Uncrossing to take off jinxes that have already taken affect.)

And negative or harming should be, as said by cat to me once, "Something to make the target cry." It should be something that the purpose would make the target miserable. Run Devil Run, Crossing, Destruction, Damnation, Banishing, and Jinx are good choices.

Hope that Helps!
AIRR Member
SID# 1583 Graduated Apprentice

Michelle
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Michelle » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:53 am

Just placed my first order to qualify for the Correspondence Course. My question is should I go ahead and start working with these or wait for the course? I already do work with oils and herbs but not specifically for Hoo Doo. Thank you, Michelle

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:49 pm

Luckbewithme876

Other repelling oils besides Banishing and Hot Foot would be Destruction, Damnation, Break-Up, Run Devil Run, and so forth.

Michelle,

You can work with them, but try to do so in the hoodoo tradition, not according to other methodologies you may be currently trained in.

And for starters, let's get you spelling the word hoodoo the way it is usually spelled. One word, not two. Hoodoo, not Hoo Doo. True, it is derived from an old Gaelic two-word phrase, Uath Dubh, meaning a spiky ghost, but in Britain and the USA at the present time, it is spelled as one word, hoodoo.

Read more here:

Hoodoo History
http:luckymojo.com/hoodoohistory.html
catherine yronwode

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:06 pm

For anyone considering the course, you should read through this page. It is a great intro to the theory of Hoodoo and Conjure spell workings:

http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/real.html
AIRR Member

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:17 pm

If I were to get the "12 oils for $77" deal, would any of those be able to count towards the requirements? Or would I have to buy the "course requirement oils" separately?

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:59 pm

heartexalted wrote:If I were to get the "12 oils for $77" deal, would any of those be able to count towards the requirements? Or would I have to buy the "course requirement oils" separately?

The 12 Hoodoo Oil Special can include oils to count towards your required purchases.
AIRR Member

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Thank you! :)

Michelle
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Michelle » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:04 pm

[quote="catherineyronwode"]Michelle,

...for starters, let's get you spelling the word hoodoo the way it is usually spelled. One word, not two. Hoodoo, not Hoo Doo. True, it is derived from an old Gaelic two-word phrase, Uath Dubh, meaning a spiky ghost, but in Britain and the USA at the present time, it is spelled as one word, hoodoo./quote]

Correction noted! A friend of mine ordered Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic for me from Lucky Mojo and it arrived yesterday. I will definitely stick to the hoodoo tradition while working with them. Thank you, Michelle

liminalSister

Unread post by liminalSister » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:27 pm

Just wanted to note, for those overseas who want to take the course but are concerned with ordering from the shop. I live on a South Pacific island with notoriously strict border laws. I ordered a big package of supplies from the requirements list, including many herbs and baths. Not only was the box opened and inspected by customs (most packages are) all the contents were approved! I was a little worried (only a little) that someone would be overzealous but it seems as long as you aren't ordering seeds, most things can cross borders pretty easily. (Be sensible and check local laws, of course) I guess I just want to encourage other folks outside the USA to not feel intimidated about palacing all your orders from the shop.

Excited to start putting this to work in a proper Hoodoo style!

Maddie

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:04 pm

liminalSister wrote: Excited to start putting this to work in a proper Hoodoo style!
Wonderful! Once you start, its hard to stop.

Best of Luck to You!
AIRR Member

serpentlight213

Unread post by serpentlight213 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:01 pm

Hello again. Now, that I have a job and therefore a reliable source of income I want to start making purchases at Lucky Mojo so I can become one step closer to being accepted into the Course.

I was wondering though, I have only made one purchase once before which I hope will count in on the four required purchases sessions (sorry, don't know the proper term)?

Another question is whether if I can purchase both the Hoodoo Root and Herb Magick book along with the HRCC book as my second purchase -- then purchase the rest of the required items in my next two purchase sessions?

Or do I have to purchase the required items first then the HRCC book last?

Thanks in advance

Ty

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:31 pm

You can't order the course book until you've had your interview with Miss cat, and been approved to take the course. You'll have to complete the required purchases before you can schedule your interview.
Two-Headed Doctor

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:15 pm

serpentlight213 / Ty --

If you have ordered before, we will have a record of your previous orders, as our database extends back to 1998.

For age requirements as well as purchase requirements. See this page:

http://luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

Naught1usMax1mus
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Naught1usMax1mus » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:37 am

I totally understand the frustration at lack of job and unable to buy! I've been out of work since January. I had been inactive, but part of my resolution this year was to finish unfinished business. I have sent four homework assignments in a week, I have 3 more to go! I will have to wait probably on the last two assignments, but even jobless,I have been able to make do with what I have. Already things are looking up, so this was a good sign for me. If there are people who are out of work out there, do the best you can and be creative with what you have. Good luck and blessings to all!

Mary Thomson
HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1398

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Catherine's Correspondence Course and Apprenticeship Program”