Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

HRCC: Required Purchases for Correspondence Course

How to take cat's Correspondence Course, plus news about Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Workshops, Apprenticeships, and Parties.
serpentlight213
Forum Member

Re: HRCC: Required Purchases for Correspondence Course

Unread post by serpentlight213 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Thanks to Naught1usMax1mus for the encouragement!

Ty

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Tue May 07, 2013 11:01 am

People can't fool Mother Nature or Miss Cat. :D
Member of AIRR
Member of Hoodoo Psychics
Call 1-888-4-HOODOO Ext: 9000

Michelle
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Michelle » Sat May 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Just made my second purchase to qualify for the correspondence course. Really getting excited to put all of this to work. Off to read more! Michelle

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sun May 12, 2013 4:09 am

Wonderful news, Michelle!
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

SwampOak
HRCC Student

Unread post by SwampOak » Wed May 22, 2013 12:56 pm

YAY! I'm excited. I placed my order today for the needed ingredients for the correspondence course. I look forward to having my phone interview soon, and purchasing the course itself.

Leah Rivera
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Leah Rivera » Wed May 22, 2013 2:01 pm

Good Luck SwampOak!

magicinthemoment
HRCC Student

Unread post by magicinthemoment » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:24 am

Already Placed my first and second orders and adding more for my third order. I spent half of last reading all the wonderful pages that miss cat has put together. It's going to be hard to have to wait a total of 4 months!!
But I am so excited and want into the correspondence course! YEA!

serpentlight213
Forum Member

Unread post by serpentlight213 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:16 pm

Reply to Miss Olivia. I do not know if you are referring to me asking about the HRCC book or to something that was written before I wrote that by another user, but if you were implying that I was trying to trick anyone, I wasn't! i was simply asking a question, that was it!

And no, I'm not getting upset if that might come up. It just seems like the last few times I have posted here, for some unknown reason, I am getting mixed responses to the extent of feeling like I'm being targeted. No, I am not complaining, and this isn't the exact place to write this, but this how it started out as a response to a possible reference to one of my questions in this specific thread, I thought it would fit.

Once again (assuming this doesn't get "refused") I apologize if ANYONE things I am trying to make a big deal out of this when I am not. It would just be nice to know that the few times I do get on here, it won't be met with feeling like I am being targeted in some way.

If Miss Yronwode doesn't like me or something, and that goes for anyone else, then why not just say so in the first place?

Once again, I apologize if I am upsetting the balance here and I do hope you all have a wonderful day even the people that may or may not have been targeting to me.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:19 pm

serpentlight213 --

I think Miss Olivia, when saying that i could not be fooled about customer ordering records, was simply referring to my large database of customers and clients, which stretches back to 1998 -- she meant that if anyone has ever ordered, we probably still have a record of their order.

Sorry you feel attacked. I re-read my response to you and it was friendly and well-intentioned.
catherine yronwode

serpentlight213
Forum Member

Unread post by serpentlight213 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:56 pm

Miss Yronwode-

Thank you and I honestly did assume that it was just a case of misunderstanding regarding Miss Olivia's comment and comments before that (Not by Miss Olivia), but it just seemed to odd to just pass off. I have had negative responses from people before and usually it doesn't get to me, but for some reason it seemed like I was being targeted. After receiving your response which had non of the seemingly negative vibes (I guess that would be the best term), it has lifted a kind of veil. I thank you for that!

Jfrog
HRCC Student

Unread post by Jfrog » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:41 am

Does look me over products count as the love and attraction requirements for the course? What about stay with me products?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:52 am

1BlessedCat,

Yes to both of your questions.
catherine yronwode

Jfrog
HRCC Student

Unread post by Jfrog » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:53 am

Thank you very much, Cat! I'm getting my second order together and wanted to make sure. :D

Ricky

Unread post by Ricky » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:19 am

Hej all, I found this section very informative and some sunny day I would like to take this course. When the money flow is under control I will start to order the products necessary for my possible acceptance as a student in learning and understanding the ways of Hoodoo.

Michelle
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Michelle » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:40 pm

Just placed my third order, a birthday present to self. to qualify for the course. It won't be long now! Michelle

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:23 am

Best of luck to you Ricky. and to you, Michelle. You will enjoy the class quite a bit.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

magicinthemoment
HRCC Student

Unread post by magicinthemoment » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:18 am

I too have my 3rd order in and counting the days. I am so excited and I hope I get accepted! I can not wait. I having been loving all the LM products I have been trying. And I can't wait to learn so much more with the course. The wait is killing me...lol

Michelle
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Michelle » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:38 pm

Just placed my fourth order. Getting excited! Should I wait until I receive my order to call and make sure I have all required items? Michelle

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:50 pm

Congrats, Michelle!

Personally I would wait for the package to arrive and just double check to make sure everything is in order before hand. :-)
Thank you, St. Expedite!

magicinthemoment
HRCC Student

Unread post by magicinthemoment » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:51 pm

I know!! It is sooo exciting!! I will be placing my 4th order at the end of the month!!

Michelle
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Michelle » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:30 pm

Papa Newt wrote:Congrats, Michelle!

Personally I would wait for the package to arrive and just double check to make sure everything is in order before hand. :-)
Thank you Papa Newt. Will do. Michelle

Laraoux
Forum Member

Unread post by Laraoux » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:58 am

Hello...

I have aspired to take Catherine's Correspondence class for years now, but due to a slew of "life" complications, I was unable to. I took her warning to "not take this class unless you can complete all the homework assignment and graduate" very seriously, as I am at a dedicated student type, who completely respects that. I am happy to say that I am finally in a great place, healthy, grounded and balanced, and have begun the purchases and the required reading.

Thank you for offering this course, Catherine. I look forward to it with great enthusiasm.

-Laraoux

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:21 am

Congratulations Laraoux: it's an amazing course that really opens a lot of doors. Not only is Miss Cat an excellent teacher and incredible person - the community you're entering is a warm and welcoming one. Blessings and Success to you!
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

battievamp

Unread post by battievamp » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:38 pm

Greetings, I just submitted my first order after looking over the website the past severals days. I love the idea of storing money in my bible to save up for this course. I admire the four month commitment and the ability it gives to learn the website, and try things out. I'll admit I probably need these four months, as there is such a wealth of information it is going to take time to digest it all. :)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:44 pm

battievamp wrote:Greetings, I just submitted my first order after looking over the website the past severals days. I love the idea of storing money in my bible to save up for this course. I admire the four month commitment and the ability it gives to learn the website, and try things out. I'll admit I probably need these four months, as there is such a wealth of information it is going to take time to digest it all. :)
Hello, again, Battievamp!!!
WE are so very happy to have you here on our Lucky Mojo family Forum! And thrilled that you're interested in taking this wonderful courses! You will indeed learn so very much! Miss cat is (in my opinion) is THE most knowledgeable person that I've ever met in my life. She's the very best teacher (a born teacher, in my opinion) along with being patient, kind, and understanding.
I did edit this post because this identical post is in another topic (the "Welcome" thread) and we don't double post. I am positive that you didn't know that so, all is well!
Enjoy the forum and feel free to ask us questions.
Have a wonderful evening!

battievamp

Unread post by battievamp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:13 am

Okay I have questions.

My partner wants to take this course as well, and it appears he needs to purchase his own supplies and can not share mine, no problem there!!! lol I sorta don't like to share my books, or materials anyway, (gee, I hope I don't sound rude/selfish there) lol at least not the magickal ones.

The question then is: can he order different things off the list to work towards his own admittance into the course (For instance; under money oils, there seem to be different selections, do we need to purchase the ones listed, money, protection, love, etc. or can we order varieties of these sections, that we feel individually drawn toward?... as we have different areas of interest?

For example under protection I ordered something off the list that I thought I might like to work with, and he would be drawn toward something else. I figure in time I will be purchasing the same thing as him anyway, as my supplies will run low or I'll be drawn toward something he has, or vice-versa...

Also, a very big question. I want to start trying spells, however that means I'll be using my supplies for the course, so if this is the case, can I simply order more supplies as needed or do I need to save the ones I order now for the course?

I suppose my big point is; it states that I need to purchase things over a four month period, and it might look like I'm purchasing too much at once, because it will be on his credit card, but half the supplies would go toward him, and the other half toward me, and I needed to clarify this so it doesn't look like I was not following the rules of the four months... Hopefully this isn't confusing to read...

I realize too, it might take longer than four months to get accepted, as Mrs. Cat seems extremely busy, with tons of interested people, so while I'm waiting I can simply continue to explore the wealth of information on this site. :) Thanks again for any help.

Thanks again for all the welcomes :)

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:22 am

battievamp: I agree with you. The four-month-plan also allows you the time to decide if the course is something you will be willing to dedicate time and effort to. It will pay off, but you must be willing to put the work in yourself. Best of luck to you.
Joseph Magnuson

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:27 pm

Hi, Battievamp,

OK, first of all, both of you should have different client accounts (and I realize that you have the same credit card). So, PLEASE be sure of that. The database is neutral on the subject of credit cards and addresses -- the indexing is by client name. 2 accounts with the same credit card will be fine.

And of course he can order different things (as long as it's on the list). Not a problem. The 2 of you need to use your individual creativities. There's a Moderator here named Joseph Magnuson. He and his wife took the course together also. They didn't seem to have any conflicts that I'm aware of.

On your question about ordering supplies, you can order and then re-order. Do not worry about this at all. Miss cat likes it when people take things as seriously as you intend to.

Last, but not least, please don't wait for Miss cat to be UN-busy. That will NEVER happen!! LOL.

And she ALWAYS has time for her students. ALWAYS. So, don't let her schedule interrupt your intended date of matriculation.

Hope this helps. Have a WONDERFUL evening!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:31 pm

Hello, Battievamp,

I am currently accepting two students per week. You will each need your own client record because the database that tracks orders is also used to track homework submissions, graduation certificates, and so forth.

No problem using the supplies. I just need to know that you know what i am talking about when i describe these things in the course book.
catherine yronwode

amazon_woman
Forum Member

Unread post by amazon_woman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:24 pm

Is it acceptable to do the interview first to see if I would be accepted in the course and then buy the products needed afterwards?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:15 pm

Good Morning Amazon_Woman,
Unless Miss cat corrects me on this, the answer is: "no". Not buying the necessary products beforehand, in my opinion, says that you're not committed.
Miss cat puts a lot of work and energy into her interviews. And she makes her final decision based on many aspects, including your willingness to commit. I doubt that she would make an exception like this as it negates protocol.
Now, I could be wrong but it has been this way for a very long time.
Take care

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:40 pm

amazon_woman wrote:Is it acceptable to do the interview first to see if I would be accepted in the course and then buy the products needed afterwards?
You don't need to buy the products all at once. Just order some each month. Get to know them. Then you will be ready to talk to Miss Cat.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

amazon_woman
Forum Member

Unread post by amazon_woman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:46 pm

"You don't need to buy the products all at once. Just order some each month. Get to know them. Then you will be ready to talk to Miss Cat."

Thanks Mama Micki never thought of it from that perspective. (Getting to know the products) Hopefully I won't be nervous during the phone call that's what I am most fearful of, I hate talking on the phone with a passion.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:29 am

amazon_woman --

There is so much free information on my sites that you don't need to take the course to learn a lot -- and, in fact, you don't need to buy products made in my shop to read those free web pages.

Take what i freely offer to the public, enjoy it at your own pace and in privacy, learn from it, and you'll be fine. Tens of thousands of people have done so over the past 20 years, but only about 1,850 have taken the course, and i am currently only taking on about 104 students per year.

Studying the material in the depth i offer in the course is not necessary for everyone. Lord knows plenty of good and even great workers don't have such a formal background of knowledge. And it is certainly not my intention to make people buy things they don't want to buy or to upset them in any way.

If you want to take the course, you must have a reason for doing so -- and be prepared to tell me what that reason is, because i will ask you about it. If your reason does not include a desire to understand the history and structure of hoodoo folk magic and its place in African American culture and/ or at the present time you have no black American friends on your Facebook page, you probably should not take this course.
catherine yronwode

xanek
Forum Member

Unread post by xanek » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:05 am

Hey all!

I heard on the radio show recently that Miss cat is adding the Candle book and the Black Folder as required reading for the course. If I want to save money, can I purchase the older-version of the black folder that's listed on sale for $5.00 or do I definitely need the new version?

If it doesn't matter, is there new information in the new version that would make it more beneficial to just get that one?

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:21 am

You are better just getting the new Black Folder because it has all the information from years past as well as new information from the 2013 Missionary Independent Spiritual Church's Hoodoo & Rootwork Training Workshops. Besides, the older versions of The Black Folder are not available to purchase I believe.

If money is tight then just take your time on the required purchases. No need to rush or stretch the bank account thin. :-)
Thank you, St. Expedite!

magicinthemoment
HRCC Student

Unread post by magicinthemoment » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:40 am

Doing the happy dance!!!
I am so glad that I have already ordered and received the Black folder book and the art of Hoodoo candle book. LOVE THEM BOTH!!!!

I Have a scheduled date with Miss Cat in the near future!!

I am sooooooo excited!!!!! And nervous!!!!

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:16 am

Congratulations, magicinthemoment!

Just relax and be yourself for yourself during your appointment with Miss Cat. :-)
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Luckbewithme876
Forum Member

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:54 pm

I wasn't sure whether this should go in the required purchases thread or not, so feel free to move it. About buying the textbooks, is it required that I buy them all from this site, or can I buy them on Amazon? I've already bought Herb and Root Magic book from here, but am missing the other two textbooks. The reason I ask is because it would be less expensive to buy from Amazon, since I the extra ten dollars for shipping isn't an issue.
Thank you to St. Dymphna!

TawanaNicole
HRCC Student

Unread post by TawanaNicole » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:27 pm

I was wondering since the two additional books were added to the required purchases just in the past week or two, would one have to re-purchase them if they have them and purchased them from Amazon?
TawanaNicole

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:31 pm

Luckbewithme876 wrote:I wasn't sure whether this should go in the required purchases thread or not, so feel free to move it. About buying the textbooks, is it required that I buy them all from this site, or can I buy them on Amazon? I've already bought Herb and Root Magic book from here, but am missing the other two textbooks. The reason I ask is because it would be less expensive to buy from Amazon, since I the extra ten dollars for shipping isn't an issue.

Good Evening, Luckbewithme876,
Why not order the books from Lucky Mojo when ordering your required products?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:36 pm

Satinice1 wrote:I was wondering since the two additional books were added to the required purchases just in the past week or two, would one have to re-purchase them if they have them and purchased them from Amazon?
When you are ready for your interview with Miss cat, you will be talking to someone from the Lucky Mojo shop first. Just explain to this person that you already have the required books.
Take Care and have fun in the course. You will LOVE it!!!

Luckbewithme876
Forum Member

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:58 pm

Miss Aida wrote:
Good Evening, Luckbewithme876,
Why not order the books from Lucky Mojo when ordering your required products?
I could do that, it's just that it's a little cheaper on Amazon, and the required purchases already add up to 90+ dollars. But if it's preferred that I buy the books on this site, then that's fine too.
Thank you to St. Dymphna!

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:18 am

I for one would encourage you to get the books from the shop. There is a list that keeps track of all the required purchases for the course that is looked at when you purchase the course. So say you bought Money Drawing Incense from a shop that carries Lucky Mojo products. Since you bought the Incense from another location and not Lucky Mojo they will not have it marked down that you have one of the two self igniting incense required, and thus you will not be able to have the interview with Miss Cat. Just my thoughts on it.
Thank you, St. Expedite!

TawanaNicole
HRCC Student

Unread post by TawanaNicole » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:07 am

Papa Newt wrote:I for one would encourage you to get the books from the shop. There is a list that keeps track of all the required purchases for the course that is looked at when you purchase the course. So say you bought Money Drawing Incense from a shop that carries Lucky Mojo products. Since you bought the Incense from another location and not Lucky Mojo they will not have it marked down that you have one of the two self igniting incense required, and thus you will not be able to have the interview with Miss Cat. Just my thoughts on it.

Thanks for your response Papa Newt and yes that makes since that's why I do intend on purchasing my items from Lucky Mojo. I questioned the books that were recently added to the required purchases as they were already purchased from Amazon months ago before they became required. I will take Miss Aida's advice and wait until I finish with my purchases and find out then.

Happy Conjuring!
TawanaNicole

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:34 am

Ah yes, I miss read your post. Terribly sorry about that.

Best of luck!
Thank you, St. Expedite!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:17 am

I have always allowed folks to buy books elsewhere. Often the books i write are their introduction to me and to our shop.Nothing about that has changed.

I added more books because i want students to have as much specialized and personal knowledge as possible. Those who have taken the course are familiar with the extensive references t my web pages and to pages of HHRM, The next time the course book is reprinted, i will include references to TAOCAM and TBF. I may also add the Hoodoo Jukebox / Conjure Jukebox to the required materials as well, as part of the culturl immersion methodology.

The books sold via the Lucky Mojo shop are signed by me; those sold via Amazon are not. Amazon raises and lowers their prices at random intervals -- sometimes the titles are cheaper than at our shop and sometimes more expensive. Recently for instance, they listed the "cat yronwode's hoodoo jukebox" CD at $13.10 -- but we have a $12.00 list price on it and have always sold it at that price. On the other hand, their shipping is generally cheaper than ours: They have specialized packing boxes that save packing labour and they have contracted bulk shipping rates due to their size; we do not have specialized packing, and our labour costs for packing are higher, as are the shipping rates we pay.

Such is life!
catherine yronwode

Princess_LoveDiva
Forum Member

Unread post by Princess_LoveDiva » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi guys

I just wanna say I've been thinking about it for a long time but after watching videos on YouTube of the LM store I would love to become one of Cat's students. I could easily max out my card in there. Admittedly I don't think I'm ready as yet - i can be impatient and I get easily emotionally attached but I'm working on it!

Until then I'll continue to lurk, ask questions and burn my candles. LM rocks!
.~* Love, Peace and Positivity *~.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:31 pm

Okie-Dokie, PrincessTumbles!
And you're right: LM does indeed ROCK!

Colette
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Colette » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:44 pm

I was a Lucky Mojo customer for a few years before I enrolled in the course...and I made sure I bought every required item, including Cat's book, from the Lucky Mojo store. I live in Asia, so the shipping charge is pretty darn high. It's nice to be able to save money getting something from another retailer, but I'd buy it from Cat's store and do whatever is required to enroll... It's only fair that we respect who we want to study with, no?
HRCC Graduate (#1610G). Tarot reader. Practitioner of Hoodoo and Daoist magic.

Angel212
Forum Member

Unread post by Angel212 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi Cat, I would love to do your correspondence course. There is no doubt in my mind about it. It was lucky mojo that introduced me to root work and my first reading was with Conjureman Ali. Since then I haven't looked back. It has become a major part of my life and helped me on the most difficult times of my life. I have one question in my mind. If I am living in Ireland would I have to order all that's required for a lesson well in advance? As shipping takes time to arrive in Ireland. Regards Aisha.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Hello, Aisha.

All the required purchased must be made, as explained above, before Katrina will set you up for an interview with me. After the interview, your clien record is marked as "OKAY" to order the course book at your convenience.

So start simple, purchase what is required at a rate that is comfortable to you, then ask us set up the interview. We will talk, and if everything is all right, you will be on the list and able to purchase the course book whenever you want after that.
catherine yronwode

Michelle
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Michelle » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:00 pm

I have received my fourth purchase. Now I need to make that phone call! Michelle

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:21 am

Michelle,
That's great news!!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:03 pm

Michelle:

That is wonderful to hear! Best of luck to you and I hope to see you successful and enrolled soon...
Joseph Magnuson

relampago9
Forum Member

Unread post by relampago9 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:16 pm

greetings~

i am writing to get a firm understanding of what the purchase requirements are for the correspondence course. i have purchased LMCC through a local retailer - which i understand does not count toward the purchases. plus i do want to support LMCC and explore my own potential!

so if i am correct...

- the required purchases for the course must be spread over a minimum of 4 invoices
however
- these do not count toward the "purchases" that qualify one to be accepted by catherine as a student?

i apologize if this seems to be a silly or naive question or it is explained clearly else where but i have read through the course info and still don't *quite* understand. thank you for clarifying. :D

blessings!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:43 pm

Good Evening, relampago9,
I'm not sure if I understand your question.

The required purchases for the course count as the required purchases. But, you still have to pass an interview with Miss cat.

The required purchases are a prerequisite to the interview. Passing the interview guarantees acceptance.

Is this what you are asking?

magdalynaa
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by magdalynaa » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:21 am

Hey, everyone!

I'm working on my required purchases, and I have a question about "coercive" products -- Controlling, Domination, Essence of Bend Over, etc. Would those products be considered harming and/or negative?

I'm having SO MUCH fun testing out the products I've already ordered! HHRM has been awesome, too. I've been able to identify a lot of plants already growing in my yard, and I've got a "harvest wall" with all my finds neatly bagged and labeled.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:11 am

magdalynaa --

No, Controlling, Domination, Essence of Bend Over, and the like are coercive, but they are not negative or harming.

I have been asked to "make the list definitive on the web page" but i do not do so, for the simple reason that the act of replying to the question, no matter how many times i see it, keeps me alert to the fact that althugh anyone can use my free web pages, buy products, and enjoy themselves on this forum, if a person wants to learn the actual history and methodologies of African American hoodoo, he or she must accept it as a complete and whole system of magic, and that includes harming and even killing enemies through sorcerous means.
catherine yronwode

magdalynaa
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by magdalynaa » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:24 am

catherineyronwode wrote:if a person wants to learn the actual history and methodologies of African American hoodoo, he or she must accept it as a complete and whole system of magic, and that includes harming and even killing enemies through sorcerous means.
Indeed, and I'll go a step further and say that the four month waiting period for buying the required purchases has made a big difference for me in that respect. I'm understanding, with time, how those products can fit into my hoodoo "big picture."

Thanks for your help.

(and YAY! this means I can get five oils... the four required oils AND one of the coercive ones that I've been wanting! :D )

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Catherine's Correspondence Course and Apprenticeship Program”