Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

HRCC: Required Purchases for Correspondence Course

How to take cat's Correspondence Course, plus news about Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Workshops, Apprenticeships, and Parties.
relampago9
Forum Member
Re: HRCC: Required Purchases for Correspondence Course

Unread post by relampago9 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:33 pm

Yes Miss Aida, you answered my question . I think I was confused as to whether or not I needed to have a separate purchase history with LMCC before even making the course purchase requirements. And yes, the interview with Miss cat is one that I look forward to!

Okay off to make a first purchase. :D My shopping cart overflow-eth.

Thank you!

Jean-Marie
Forum Member

Unread post by Jean-Marie » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:35 am

Is Break-Up oil considered an oil of negative work? It's sort of like jinxing someone's relationship, right?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:46 am

Hi Jean-Marie,

Break-Up would count as a ''negative'' oil, Hot Foot is another good choice to have around.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:04 am

Ya see, folks? What did i tell you?

This question about negative oils arises repeatedly, is almost always launched in its own thread (which i repeatedly merge into THIS thread) -- and when it comes up, it exposes the preconceptions in a prospective student's mind-set.

Negative oils, negative bath crystals, negative incenses, negative sachet powders: items crafted with the intent to destroy tranquility, dash hopes, damage happiness, and to hurt, harm, and kill.

This is a course about the history, theory, and practice of African American hoodoo.

It is not a course in how to find a job or get your boyfriend back.

If you want spells, go to any of my hundreds of FREE "Hoodoo In Theory and Practice" spells page at luckymojo.com; search out the relevant topic thread in this very extensive forum; sign up to have a reading and rootwork prescription on our weekly radio show; and buy copies of "The Black Folder," and "Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells" and "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic," and "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic."

If you want to take the course, you have to have a reason for it -- and that reason should be centered upon a desire to understand the full history and structure of hoodoo as a system of black American folk magical practices. Lt's look at this practically: If you don;t have any black friends at Facebook, you are not deeply enough connected to the black community to benefit from studying black folk magic. Start with friends, enter into the culutre, , read the free pages, and then apply to join the course.

Regarding negative work: There are no systems of folk-magical practices anywhere in the world, in any culture, in which concepts like revenge, theft of goods or luck through magical means, induced illness, destruction of happiness, and blasting to death do NOT occur. Hoodoo is not centered on those negative concepts to the exclusion of others, by any means, nor is every practitioner uniform in his or her conceptual or practical relationship to negative forms of work, but to pretend that such negative forms of work are miraculously absent from hoodoo, alone among all other worldwide forms of folk-magic, would be a gross untruth.
catherine yronwode

Jean-Marie
Forum Member

Unread post by Jean-Marie » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:15 am

Thanks! Maybe I'll get both. I'm not much of one to do negative work but I do want to be familiar with the oils so I can get a better understanding of rootwork in all its incarnations, not just the happy pleasant stuff.

::Edit::

Ha, I guess Ms. Cat wrote her reply at the same time I was writing mine. I couldn't agree more.

Sharon Athena
Forum Member

Unread post by Sharon Athena » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:30 am

Hi Miss Cat and Everybody!

I've already asked another member of this forum if she thought I'd be good at this (hoodoo/rootwork), and she said she didn't know (it has to be my choice) but also reminded me of the purchases I'd have to make, and therein may lie the problem:

I'm on SSI. I make exactly, no changes at any time during the month until January when we get our 4% COLA.

I'd love to be a student (I may be a DRUID teacher, but I'd much rather use Hoodoo/Rootwork for magick, as it works, it's predictable AND, believe it or not, Pagan Magick requires me to -- in my view -- insult the Goddess, Who's already pre-programmed anything that's from the Earth to know what to do; I shouldn't have to tell it what to do until my spell-recipe's completely mixed, then it needs programming...maybe). Even teachers learn all the time.

So, any suggestions on how to go about this in such a way I don't break my proverbially tiny bank?

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!!
Sharon Athena, Druidess (1973)
Mikhail Nikolaievich Simonov, Major, Russian Imperial Army (1884-'43)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:33 am

Hello, Sharon Athena,
I hope you don't mind but, I removed the part of your message that says how much money you'll be getting. That's something (for your own safety) that you don't want the world to know!! Just trying to protect you.
Here is an array of money spells for you: www.luckymojo.com/moneyspells.html
I hope this helps!
Take Care!

Sharon Athena
Forum Member

Unread post by Sharon Athena » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:56 am

Miss Aida,

Of course it does, and I thank you most kindly for everything (YOU know what I mean)!

A thousand warm thank-you's!
Sharon Athena, Druidess (1973)
Mikhail Nikolaievich Simonov, Major, Russian Imperial Army (1884-'43)

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi Sharon Athena,

Please read: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoohistory.html

And also read Catherine Yronwode's free online book, " Hoodoo in Theory and Practice".

There are many students who have taken Miss Cat's course, "Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course" who did it on a shoe string budget.

Here is a list of free spells to help you with money work : http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatspells.html

Buy one thing at a time or as much as you can afford until you have the required items.
There are future students doing that very thing right now.

There are many people on this forum who also practice Pagan Magick.

Good Luck!
Member of AIRR
Member of Hoodoo Psychics
Call 1-888-4-HOODOO Ext: 9000

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:34 pm

Sharon Athena,

Just want to let you know I LOVE your enthusiasm! Your positive energy is great!
Very nice to meet you here!

Many Blessings to you! :)
Member of AIRR
Member of Hoodoo Psychics
Call 1-888-4-HOODOO Ext: 9000

battievamp

Unread post by battievamp » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:21 am

This message is for more than one person from the various answers above. Thanks to all who responded to my post, very helpful. :)

We did create two separate accounts, as suggested. When we place an order we print them off, and he keeps his order forms separate from mine. One of the orders never arrived so I called the shop last night, and apparently it was cancelled because of a credit card name, mailing address conflict. The friendly shop keeper helped me sort it out and I replaced the order... :)

Thanks too for the advice on "not waiting for Mrs. Cat to 'not' be busy", that's exactly what I was doing." So, I will take that advice and not wait. I'm still going through the history section, as I'm very interested in how this all started, where it came from. Sometimes I have to read things several times, but the history is fascinating, and some of it reminds me of things from my own childhood, not necessarily related to "Hoodoo" but reminds me of it none-the-less.

Sorry for the double post, it was a mistake on my part. I will try not to repeat it. I think I realized I did it, right after I did it too...

As for my order history and not having to wait: Smiles

Thanks again for all the help... :)

Luckbewithme876
Forum Member

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:37 pm

Would Cast Off Evil Oil count as a protective oil? It seems like it would, but I just want to make sure of it.
Thank you to St. Dymphna!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:36 pm

Hello, Luckbewithme876,
I don't think so.
These will :
http://luckymojo.com/products-fiery-wal ... ction.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/products-protection.html
Hope this helps!
Take care and have fun in the course. You will L O V E it!!!

Luckbewithme876
Forum Member

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:04 pm

Thanks again, Miss Aida. ^^ I already have FWoP from the kit, so I'll order the Protection oil whenever it comes time. And yes, SO looking forward to the course!
Thank you to St. Dymphna!

KittyLove
Forum Member

Unread post by KittyLove » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:56 am

Hi There,

Can I send Ms. Cat cash in canadian funds via mail for HHRC? It's almost time!

Thanks,
Thank you St. Michael for keeping us safe!

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:47 am

I believe all purchases need to in American dollars. Call the shop.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Mama Micki is correct. See the web site:

HOW TO ORDER FROM LUCKY MOJO
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatorder.html

We accept
Visa
Mastercard
American Express
Cash
Postal money orders
Commercial money orders
Personal checks -- These will be held 21 days to clear
Payment must be in U.S. Funds only.

So there ya go1
catherine yronwode

ambrose1
Forum Member

Unread post by ambrose1 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:38 pm

I am highly interested in taking this course and have begun my journey in meeting the requirements to be considered. I am curious to know though if I were to order the any twelve oils (names listed at time of purchase) would count towards the four required oil purchases if it included oils from each required field? I would like to become more familiar with as many of the different oils in these areas as possible since each have their own properties for the purposes of the workings. Or would it be suggested to simply choose one of each of the four listed and later incorporate more?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Hi, Ambrose1,
Yes, it counts (as long as the required oils are inclusive and you've met all the requirements in your allotted time).
Hope this helps.
Can't wait to see you on the Hoodoo Course Yahoo group!!
Take care!

ambrose1
Forum Member

Unread post by ambrose1 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:39 am

Thank you Miss Aida. I was hoping that would be the case. I like being thoroughly familiar with the items I'm working with and considering the different properties involved in the various oils I thought this would be the best way to familiarize myself with the effects while building a supply of necessary products for my workings. Thanks again.

penguaro
HRCC Student

Unread post by penguaro » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:54 pm

Hello folks! So I've found myself interested in enrolling for the Correspondence Course. I've been reading the books and getting good feeling moving forward. I want to just check myself that I'm not missing any blaring points of the required purchases. I'm looking at it as trying different product types and categories and seeing how they could meet my needs (keeping in mind what other folks' needs might be). So I've avoided getting things of the same line and have explored products that aren't necessarily my main life concerns at the moment. For example, I purchased uncrossing oil and tried a ritual for uncrossing myself that I had read in the online book. I definitely felt some shifts within myself. I'm excited to explore the other products out there and see what they can do for me.

I fully understand and respect establishing a purchase history and quite frankly I find the service and quality provided by Lucky Mojo preferable to my local options. If nothing else, I have respect for the quality. When I read the bit about "greens for greens" I was dumbfounded. I'm thankful I've never experienced anyone making such a substitution. As a shamanic practitioner I fully agree that greens for greens and browns for browns is ludicrous and offensive.

Anyhoot I digress. So my question is this, while I'm exploring possibilities and folk lore, is there anything else I should keep in mind while I make the 'required purchases' in addition to my own?

Thanks much!

~Kevin Seymour
Chicago, IL

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:09 am

Hi Kevin,

insolong as you fulfill all the purchase requirements on the informational page for the Correspondence Course here: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.htm ... _PURCHASES you've got your bases covered! Make sure you don't forget the books: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.htm ... ED_READING. Deacon Millett's book on Sweetening spells is also an excellent ressource.
Aura Laforest

Madame Fifi
Forum Member

Unread post by Madame Fifi » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:07 pm

I was looking at the required reading list for the course... I haven't bought the books through this site. I actually got them off Amazon. Is that alright or do I have to buy it from this website directly?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:18 am

The Curios and Spiritual Supply items on the list must be purchased from my shop, not from a reseller.

The books i have written may have been purchased elsewhere, and all are available at Amazon and from a wide variety of occult and metaphysical book stores who purchase them from us at wholesale.
catherine yronwode

Madame Fifi
Forum Member

Unread post by Madame Fifi » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:08 pm

Sorry, I just wanted to clarify, I may be reading too deeply into this-

When you say the books may have been purchased elsewhere, you are saying it is ok I didn't buy them from this website?

I understand I need to buy the curios and spiritual supplies from here directly, I was just making sure I didn't have to repurchase the books

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:05 pm

Hello, Madame Fifi,
You're fine with that. You don't have to re-purchase them
Have fun in the course!
You'll LOVE it!!
Take care

Madame Fifi
Forum Member

Unread post by Madame Fifi » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:00 am

Thanks Miss Aida! :D

Mama Rue
HRCC Student

Unread post by Mama Rue » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:20 am

Greetings, all. I have a question about ordering the required items and timing. My third order is currently being processed. Is it unadvisable to place the fourth while my third order has yet to be received?
Where there's a will, there's a root.
HRCC #1953S

hummingbird

Unread post by hummingbird » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:10 pm

Mama Rue wrote:Greetings, all. I have a question about ordering the required items and timing. My third order is currently being processed. Is it unadvisable to place the fourth while my third order has yet to be received?
Hello Mama Rue,

As long as you are making your required purchases at the rate of one invoice per month over the course of four months as indicated at http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.htm ... _PURCHASES, I wouldn't hesitate to place my fourth order. With regard to the third order, assuming that you placed it online, you might want to log in on the shopping cart page, click on the View/Edit Account link, click the Orders button, get the order number for your last order and call the store and inquire about the status.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Clarity

Mama Rue
HRCC Student

Unread post by Mama Rue » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:16 pm

That was very helpful, Clarity. Thank you!
HRCC #1953S

magnetic1
HRCC Student

Unread post by magnetic1 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:43 am

Greetings everyone :D
I am a newbie and I'm not sure if this is the thread for this post, so my apologies in advance, as I'm excited.
I just placed my order for ordering the required items for the Course, and I have learned so much from just doing that,
I enjoyed going through the inventory and researching the items. I just called the shop because
I had a few questions regarding my order and Angela was very helpful and patient. I'm proud to be a member of this
beautiful community!
Peace and Blessings
magnetic one

veggiekiller88
HRCC Student

Unread post by veggiekiller88 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:23 am

I am almost certain the answer will be yes, but Law Keep Away would work for one of the repelling products, right? It will definitely take some time for me to purchase enough items for me to be eligible for the class, but I'm compiling a list now. The only parts that have been difficult are the negative/repelling items. It would take a hell of a lot for me to want to curse somebody, and it is exceedingly rare that I want to remove someone from my life, as I tend to not let those kinds of people into my life in the first place. I've listed Banishing oil as one of my products, as I figure I can use it to remove things like bad habits, and Law Keep Away is one of the few that I think would be useful to me personally, as I am less than fond of the police and would like to avoid any and all contact with them whatsoever. Does anyone else have some suggestions for a third repelling product? I suppose I can get some Hot Foot powder just in case I may need it, but I'm open to other suggestions. Thank you!

veggiekiller88
HRCC Student

Unread post by veggiekiller88 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:28 pm

After reading some of the other posts more closely, which I should have done in the first place (shame on me), I don't think I really need help in choosing repelling products, as there are a few that slipped my mind. However, I would like to know if a couple items I recently purchased fulfill some of the requirements. I recently bought Steady Work Sachet powder, lodestone grit, pyrite grit, High John the Conqueror root chips and pieces, and Bayberry root chips. Since I read somewhere on here that Miss Cat suggested buying grit-sized lodestone and pyrite for use in mojo bags, I'm assuming I've already fulfilled the mineral requirement. As for the bayberry, since it is technically a root, but not a whole one suitable for a mojo bag, does this fulfill part of the herb requirement? If not, there are a few others I added to my list. And as for the Steady Work sachet powder, since it is supposed to attract a new job, would this be an appropriate attracting powder? I hope I don't give the impression that I'm trying to rush into this, because that is not the case. I am a 25 year old broke college student, so it will definitely take me a while before I'm ready for the class. Thankfully, this should give me enough time to learn as much as I can until I am ready. I just want to be sure I'm on the right track and buy things that both align with the work I want/need to do *and* fulfill the purchasing requirements for the class.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:57 pm

Hello, veggiekiller420 ,
I think your best bet is to call the shop and ask them (707) 887-1521
If you live out of the country, then e-mail them: order@luckymojo.com
They can best answer these questions.
But I do believe that Miss cat is requiring whole roots
Take care

veggiekiller88
HRCC Student

Unread post by veggiekiller88 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:46 am

Thank you, Miss Aida!
I believe you're right, I remember reading that whole roots were required, so I assumed that the High John root pieces I ordered would not fulfill the root requirement. I was just not sure if Bayberry, since it is a root sold in chip form, fulfilled the herb requirement. I may just be overthinking things, as I often do. For the root requirement, I was planning on getting a whole High John the Conqueror root, and I haven't quite decided on the second. Though I've never worked with High John, I am aware of its extensive use in rootwork, and am eager to start working with it.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:26 am

Hi veggiekiller420,

High John is a great choice. As a second, an Angelica root is a wonderful choice (and has a very different energy); alternatively, a lucky hand root can be nice to complement the High John.
Aura Laforest

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:45 am

veggiekiller420, yes you want to make sure that you get a whole root and not chipped root. There is a slightly different energetic and this is why it is required for you to work with a whole root. If you have questions call the shop and speak to Mother Katrina, she will be able to answer any of your questions.
Miss Phoenix
MissionaryIndependent.org/readings.html
Hoodoo Psychics: 1-888-4-HOODOO

veggiekiller88
HRCC Student

Unread post by veggiekiller88 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Okay, thanks Miss Phoenix.

Mama Rue
HRCC Student

Unread post by Mama Rue » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:18 am

Fourth order has been placed, and now I'm just waiting on the scheduler to arrange the interview with miss cat. I am so excited!
HRCC #1953S

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:22 am

Congratulations Mama Rue, I am sure you will end up enjoying the course. And nice name by the way!

Peace~

Nathen

Mama Rue
HRCC Student

Unread post by Mama Rue » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:54 pm

Thanks, Nathen!
HRCC #1953S

Michelle
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Michelle » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:21 pm

I want to thank everyone for the helpful answers that I have received on this site. I am happy to say that my purchases have been made and my appointment with Miss Cat set up! Michelle

Mel Casey
Forum Member

Unread post by Mel Casey » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:24 am

Hello,
can anyone give me some suggestions on purchasing items for repelling and negativity ? I need the following to be able to take the course:
negative oil
harm incense
repel or harm sachet powder

any suggestions will be appreciated :)
Bringing light in a world of darkness !
www.supremetransformation.com

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:08 pm

Hello, Machito,
Just from the top of my head:
Repelling: Hot foot; Banishing; Run Devil Run
Negative: Crossing; Double Cross, Jinx, Damnation
Harming: Destruction; D.U.M.E., Revenge

These are just a few. Take a looks at the oils and you'll get a list of everything they do (the incense and the sachets serve the same purpose)
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatoils.html
Have fun in the course!

Darrinwow
Newly Registered

Unread post by Darrinwow » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:48 pm

:P Just put in a few orders, and also completed my order for the required purchases. So looking forward to being a potential student. miss cat this is defiantly a wonderful process to weed out the one's who are not serious about this course. I'm honored to start the proper process. Happy East Ya'll! Looking forward to setting up our interview soon..... miss cat.
Blessings,
Darrin W. Owens

mamabird39
Forum Member

Unread post by mamabird39 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:05 pm

i would love to take cats course but when i'm ready due to being on a fixed income and raising my grand child i feel that it wouldn't be fair to cat that i wouldn't have enough time to do it for now i will work on getting the items i need for the course in a slow pace in that time i will learn the ways of hoodoo and i will ask questions here and buy cats books and teach my self untill cat feels that i'm ready to be here student .thank you and many blessings.

HappinessRules
Forum Member

Unread post by HappinessRules » Mon May 26, 2014 2:27 pm

I want to start straight away.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon May 26, 2014 9:55 pm

Hello, HappinessRules,
I will direct you to the appropriate subforum with all the information that you need.
Please take tie to read the threads to see where posts should be placed.

TawanaNicole
HRCC Student

Unread post by TawanaNicole » Wed May 28, 2014 3:54 am

So excited! I just placed my final order to qualify to take the Correspondence Course. Now to get the orders and schedule an interview with Ms. Cat. I've been waiting a while to reach here and now I'm one step closer. Thanks to you all for your hard work and continued support! Without you this would not have come as quickly as it has. Sharing is caring :)
TawanaNicole

Frank Owen
HRCC Student

Unread post by Frank Owen » Wed May 28, 2014 12:43 pm

Greetings
I have read, up in the thread above how the "Required Reading" is not necessarily "needed' to be purchased from the LMCC shop, or online, but Amazon purchases cover this as well. Do we need to provide any sort of documentation? And also, do we need to buy 2 copies of each book if 2 people in the same household wish to take the course at the same time? The other piece in question is the Conjure Toolbox CD, do we need to buy that again as well?

Thanks for the time on this, just trying to be clear.

Frank
Jellyfish

TawanaNicole
HRCC Student

Unread post by TawanaNicole » Thu May 29, 2014 8:28 am

jellyfish rising wrote:Greetings
I have read, up in the thread above how the "Required Reading" is not necessarily "needed' to be purchased from the LMCC shop, or online, but Amazon purchases cover this as well. Do we need to provide any sort of documentation? And also, do we need to buy 2 copies of each book if 2 people in the same household wish to take the course at the same time? The other piece in question is the Conjure Toolbox CD, do we need to buy that again as well?

Thanks for the time on this, just trying to be clear.

Frank
Jellyfish
Jellyfish/Frank

It is my understanding that you do not have to purchase the "required reading" again if previously purchased. You just have to have them and at read them by the time you're accepted into the course. As far as purchasing 2 copies of each book or the toolbox, I'm not sure. I would think not, but you both would have to purchase items separately to establish your purchase history in order to qualify to take the course. You can always call the shop and speak to one of those wonderful workers who can give a definite answer. I hope this help.

Until next time,
TawanaNicole (SatinIce1)
TawanaNicole

Frank Owen
HRCC Student

Unread post by Frank Owen » Thu May 29, 2014 11:45 am

Hi TawanaNicole
Yes, I actually called the shop yesterday ad confirmed that one only has to OWN the books, from whatever source. Two of mine were purchased through the shop (and signed by Miss Cat!) and the rest were bought through Amazon, or at the shop in May a few weeks ago. Same with the CD, we got that at Amazon. They were able to pull, and pool my invoices in less than 2 minutes, and answering any questions cheerfully and efficiently. So we are clear on the required purchases. 2 more orders and we're good.

thanks!

Frank

TawanaNicole
HRCC Student

Unread post by TawanaNicole » Thu May 29, 2014 2:14 pm

jellyfish rising wrote:Hi TawanaNicole
Yes, I actually called the shop yesterday ad confirmed that one only has to OWN the books, from whatever source. Two of mine were purchased through the shop (and signed by Miss Cat!) and the rest were bought through Amazon, or at the shop in May a few weeks ago. Same with the CD, we got that at Amazon. They were able to pull, and pool my invoices in less than 2 minutes, and answering any questions cheerfully and efficiently. So we are clear on the required purchases. 2 more orders and we're good.

thanks!

Frank
Yay! That's good news.
TawanaNicole

veggiekiller88
HRCC Student

Unread post by veggiekiller88 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:22 am

I'm really excited. I still need to call and confirm things with the shop, but I'm pretty sure I will be eligible for an interview after one more order. It will probably be at least another couple of months, but I have made definite progress and learned a great deal since I started ordering. Thanks to all in the forum who have offered their guidance and advice. I really appreciate it, and I am looking forward to the opportunity to be considered for the course.

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:42 pm

That's great to hear, veggiekiller420. Best of luck to you!
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

veggiekiller88
HRCC Student

Unread post by veggiekiller88 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:54 pm

Thanks, Papa Newt!

mistressmomo
Forum Member

Unread post by mistressmomo » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:40 am

Hi!

I'm so exciting to be getting my first purchases for the correspondence course! Having salivated, ruminated, read, and absorbed - I feel VERY ready to embark on this great learning experience :)

Quick questions about the oils

Can Blockbuster Oil be counted as a protection oil? My initial instinct says no - since it seems many of the protection formulas focus on an energy of prevention. However part of it feels protective in that it removes things from enemies known and unknown.

"Although it may seem intuitive to identify Block Buster products and the spells in which they are used, with Road Opener spiritual supplies and their attendant magical spells, the two lines actually have different origination points and present a different array of workings. Road Opener can be metaphorically compared to a machete with which you clear away growth on an overgrown path, while Block Buster is symbolic of a stick of dynamite used to blow open a road through a mountain pass filled with rocks. Block Buster is sudden in its action, and will not necessarily create a delicate roadway to walk on, but if it works right, it will definitely take out all obstacles to progress."

In that line does the Money/Home Blessing oil count as a money oil for the purposes of this course since it's a blend with the dual purpose of blessing a home and drawing money in?

Thank you for any clarification!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:45 pm

Hello, mistressmomo,
So happy for you that you are going to take the course! You will love it!
You were right: Blockbuster is not used for protection. Sorry!
And Money/House Blessing does count as a money drawing. I personally like the plain Money Drawing for the course (but that's my personal preference)
Have fun! I'm excited for you!

jackdreher
HRCC Student

Unread post by jackdreher » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:32 am

Question for Cat or LM Staff.

I have made some purchases going back to April of 2011. Most of them have been glass and figure candles which I have used to achieve amazing results for myself and others.

After having seen the results of using the candles, studied the Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic book, listened to almost all of the Lucky Mojo Podcasts online, and spoken with a lot of Rootworkers (both course graduates and self taught), I have decided to take the class.

I am planning on ordering some of the remaining supplies in the next day or so (Black Folder, Candle Book, CD Set, some oils and herbs).

While little of what I have purchased in the past can be counted towards required supplies, it has been spaced over three years.

My question is do I still have to space the remaining orders of the supplies out over four invoices over four months?

I was hoping to start the course in September as a birthday present to myself. If I have to wait four months it would push it into October.

Thanks for you help and all that you do!

Jack

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:59 pm

Hello, jackdreher ,
So happy for you! Congrats!
That is a tricky question. You will have to either call the shop or e-mail them with this question.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you
Good luck and you will LOVE the course!

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Catherine's Correspondence Course and Apprenticeship Program”