Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

HRCC: Required Purchases for Correspondence Course

How to take cat's Correspondence Course, plus news about Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Workshops, Apprenticeships, and Parties.
mistressmomo
Forum Member

Re: HRCC: Required Purchases for Correspondence Course

Unread post by mistressmomo » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:37 am

I want to say ... I made my first order (And stocked up on my books! ) and Angela was immensely helpful in answering my questions about my order and concerns!!

Although it is no longer an issue for me, I thought I'd bring it up to the forum if anyone in the future has the same question.

Can a 4 oz Rootworker's blend of condition oils count as a purchase for this course, assuming it carries the primary intent. For example if I wanted to make a blend of:

Money Drawing, Money Stay With Me, and Steady Work " or

Kiss Me Now! Bewitching, and Follow Me Boy!

Also...on the topic of books, I recently bought some of the new books that came out of this year's heritage festival (Hoodoo Bible Magic and Hoodoo Spiritual Baths) to anyone considering doing extra prep work for this course...GET THEM and devour it....tons of quality info to jump start further research.

Gracias Lucky Mojo !!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:05 pm

Hello, mistressmomo,
Thank you for your input.
But, you didn't answer the question! <--or was that a question.....?? LOL
I imagine that you can buy the 4 oz. I wouldn't see a problem with that.
Good luck with your course. You will absolutely love it!!
Have fun!

brian_s
HRCC Student

Unread post by brian_s » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:30 am

I just placed my second order of required products! I decided to get peace water in this order, and I am so excited to use it in the new apartment I just started living in. :]
hrcc student no. 1976

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Regarding the Rootowrker's Special Oil blends as qualifying for the course prerequisites -- sure, but you would have to order four of them.

4 Lucky Mojo hoodoo conjure oils,
one each for love, money, protection, and negative work
catherine yronwode

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:58 pm

Hello all,
I am interested in Cats course and have slowely been buying item on the list when life circumstances occur and using them accordingly. I noticed recently when I looked at the requirements they changed a bit from a few years ago. Now a lot of the 96 page books are required, which I am fine with and own many and love, however I got them off Amazon, as I order and read a lot of books so I tend to buy on Amazon. I order all my herbs oil, roots, mojos , spell kits, candles from LM. My question is do those amazon books still count or is it required of me to purchase them through LM in stead? I have purchased some from LM like the black folder and other books, but some of the more recent like the hoodoo bible I ordered of amazon. Please advice!
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:05 pm

Hello, j82 ,
I'm pretty sure that Miss cat will allow book purchases from Amazon.
BUT you would have to call the shop (or e-mail them ) to be absolutely sure.
You will love the course! I'm excited for you!!
Take care

mistressmomo
Forum Member

Unread post by mistressmomo » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:19 pm

Thank you Cat!

I figured as much! Lol I can' only imagine what a mix of a Negative, Love, Money, and Protection in one would do!

Soooooo excited...for my first shipment! I even fixed up my own mix of oil this week in prep for some interviews I had using the herb book .

J82 - books from Amazon are okay from what I understand ...also somebody confirmed it before earlier in the thread.

DoctorG
HRCC Student

Unread post by DoctorG » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:14 am

Yesterday I placed my second order with Lucky Mojo. Actualy, it's my third order, but order #2 was for stuff that isn't on the list of required purchases for prospective students.

I've been devouring the information on the website and the forum. My copy of "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" is less than two months old, but it's been underlined and highlighted and read so much that it looks much older. I've started looking more closely at the weeds alongside the roads as I'm driving around, and noticed THREE different patches of John the Conqueror growing between my house and my office!

I am very excited to be on this path, and as soon as I've completed the required purchases I'll be calling the store to set up my interview.

On a slightly related topic: I've done readings with pendulums and cards (both Tarot and regular Playing Cards) since I was a teenager. But learning about Bone Throwing has opened up a whole new world of reading for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you to both catherine yronwode and Michele Jackson for showing this to me!

brian_s
HRCC Student

Unread post by brian_s » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:46 pm

geraldbelton wrote: I've started looking more closely at the weeds alongside the roads as I'm driving around, and noticed THREE different patches of John the Conqueror growing between my house and my office!
geraldbelton, I live in North Carolina too, and I find a lot of the herbs and roots I use along the sidewalk or on the greenways. Thats one of the great things about living in the south, herbs used in hoodoo grow everywhere here! :)

I myself just put in my third order of required purchases a couple of days ago! I am getting so close to that 4th order, I can't wait! In my last order, I got a bottle of Peace Water, and I will definitely need to get more when this one runs out. I love the scent, it is almost like florida water. I've been using it all around my apartment. Can't wait to interview with Cat, and hopefully be allowed to take the course! :)
hrcc student no. 1976

Edward T
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Edward T » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:14 pm

Hello Mrs. Cat

Thank you for allowing me to be apart of the Lucky Mojo forum.

Question? I am interested in the Correspondence course. I noticed one of your requirements is to purchase 2 self-lighting incense powders, One for attracting and the other for repelling or harming. Which two would you recommend?

Thank you. Thomas K
HRCC Graduate #1985 -- Forum Moderator

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:53 pm

Well, a nice complimentary pair would be Attraction and Destruction. Another fun pair would be Love Me and Hot Foot.
catherine yronwode

Mel Casey
Forum Member

Unread post by Mel Casey » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:23 am

I am in the process of purchasing the requirements for the Correspondence Course. I would like to know if Uncrossing Incense is considered a Repelling ?
Bringing light in a world of darkness !
www.supremetransformation.com

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:40 am

No, Mel Casey, it does not. Uncrossing incense is used if one has been spiritually attacked, crossed, or jinxed; its purpose is to take off crossed conditions so that natural balance is restored and natural blessings and hope can return.

The requirements for incenses include "one for repelling or harming" -- but Uncrossing does not inflict harm or damage, does not send anyone away, does not repel either well-intentioned prayers or evil attacks, does not instill fear in those who are hateful, does not engender death in an enemy, and does not even inflict coercive conditions on anyone.

An example of repelling would be Hot Foot Incense. An example of harming would be Crossing Incense.

Please also do yourself a favour and read this thread from the beginning, as yours is a fairly frequently asked question. In fact, right above your post, essentially the same question was asked and answered.

Here's why this happens:

Hoodoo, which is black American folk magic, has suddenly become very popular among people for whom it is terra incognito -- an unknown territory or land. Culturally, they have been raised to avoid magical acts which include repulsion, damage, harm, or death. For people such as these, the course requirement to become familiar with cursing, crossing, goofering, throwing for, rooting, or other coercive, harmful, or deadly spells of magic is unthinkable. This course is not actually what they want to take. They would rather that somehow, against all odds, hoodoo become suitable to their cultural norms. They want a hoodoo that is all sweetness and light, and in which evil people could be dealt with by non-intrusive formulae like Uncrossing or Blessing.

But history shows us that hoodoo contains many spells of evil intention. Any course in hoodoo, to remain true to the tradition, muct include such material.

Think about it: Hoodoo developed in the black community. Do not think for a moment that Uncrossing incense would have helped your ancestors deal with the evil people who lynched or shot black men and women, or somehow send away the evil people who spat on them when they tried to use a "whites only bathroom" or sit at a "whites only" lunch counter.

Hoodoo includes many ways to fuck people up and kill them. It is necessary work.
catherine yronwode

Mel Casey
Forum Member

Unread post by Mel Casey » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:12 am

Hi Catherine,
Sorry, I posted my question again I realized that after I posted, the initial post was a while ago. I just wasn't clear what would be considered repelling. I understand what your saying I been knowing about hoodoo all my life. I have family in the south (Mississippi, Louisiana) who some of them practice hoodoo and dealt with racism, lynching and Jim Crow segregation laws. I was never exposed to it until recently. Thanks for clarifying my question and providing information.
Peace and Blessings.
Bringing light in a world of darkness !
www.supremetransformation.com

joestronge
Newly Registered

Unread post by joestronge » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:06 pm

Namaste!

I feel 2015 will be a great year for me to pursue the Correspondence Course. Numerologicaly (Vedic) it will be a Jupiter year and I am also planming to launch a Blacjack career after completeing my studies with the Blackjack Institute.

I have read through the page detailing the course and requirements, real name, copyrights etc and can agree to all intend although it should be said that I may make a legal name change to Joe Strone for several reasons, my name as a practicioner certainly being among them.

You will find my order history under the following email account:
kadlec_joseph@msn.com

Please let me know if I need to make further purchases to enter the course.

Thanks

btw I just had striking success getting a 'not guilty' verdict with a very easy little bottle spell. And I actually was guilty of running a red light on my bike - early on a Sunday morning- on a completely traffic-free avenue in Manhattan, where 97% of cyclists ignore red lights if its possible and are ignored by police.
Anyway, it was a spell using compounded asofoetida and vinegar which you speak to and carry in a small bottle into the courtroom. No doubt, there must be something similar here but if not I would be happy to provide the details as its very easy.

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:38 pm

Hello joestronge,

In order to get set up to take the course you will need to contact The Lucky Mojo Store directly. You can call them directly at 707-887-1521. The course is excellent and I hope you enjoy it!

Peace~

nathen

dan blessed
HRCC Student

Unread post by dan blessed » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:26 pm

I love Magic and mystical stuff. I recently discovered Hoodoo ,after I had stop from the airport and could not come the USA with my Voodoo medicine, and I moved from the south where it is more easier to get your hand to one' s culture products, so I started to look for an alternative. I found Hoodoo. I recently show interest about miss cat course, because when I do spell for my husband and family I have good results.so I feel like I am a spiritual priestess. LOL !!!!!!!!!
I have read the requirements but still have some questions that I am seeking some clarification. I just want to make sure if the course is right for me. I want to take the course first of all to get more deep information about African American magic or trick? why our African grand parents got transported in different part of the world but practice traditional magic differently?
I am curios to see what are the differences hoodoo magic and my culture magic trick. the history behind our difference?
the requirement purchases will not be a problem for me , I am I purchased most of them before for my personal use, and if I have to re order them again I will , because my family love them.
1- one of the requirement is to have some African American friend on facebook, what if I am not on facebook, and don't have any African American friend? but I am creole speaking, I am from the Caribbean , I migrated here in USA, used to have African American friends when I used to live in Miami, but since I moved to the northern U.S I don't have any what now.
2- most of the oil I ordered from LM are mix or root-workers bottles because I love big bottle and I use them often, so if my oil is mix still count as requirement?
3-what if I use half of one of my product this is required , do I have to make sure I resupplied before call for interview?
4-May I know what Miss cat teach in course? I don't mean specific details , I mead titles and subject..
Will I learn why African Americans practice the way they did?

Thanks

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:55 pm

Hello, dan2007,

We are all bounded by secrecy and cannot tell you exactly what's in the course.

But here is the curriculum: www.luckymojo.com/curriculum.html

You re fine with the oils.

But, you will have to call the shop and discuss the other matter with Mother Katrina.

Wishing you the best

dan blessed
HRCC Student

Unread post by dan blessed » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:36 pm

Thanks Miss Aida,

I knew I could not get the exactly information in the course, when I said information, I meant titles in general.
any way, I am happy with the respond I got from you. I will call the shop and discuss it to see if I can get enroll in the course in the future.

1208gypsy
Newly Registered

Unread post by 1208gypsy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:22 pm

Greetings to everyone from 1208gypsy in North Carolina, USA. I'm excited to explore this fascinating study. So far, I've surfed around a bit in the discussions enough to see that many practical matters are resolved here. Yay that.

My elementary question is as follows: I have just purchased conjure oils and bath crystals (1 of each) for a) money drawing, and b) block busting. So that's four products in all (oil plus bath crystals for two conditions). Do these satisfy part of the purchase requirement that qualifies a seeker (in part) for eventual student status?

I thought maybe so. I figured money drawing is a basic attraction product, and block busting a basic riddance product. I see the required purchase list is kind of divided along those two important distinctions - attraction on one hand, removal on the other. However, I would benefit from guidance. Set me straight.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:37 pm

Hello, 1208gypsy,

Welcome to the forum!!

I have moved your post to the appropriate subforum where many are asking similar questions as yours.

Please read through the posts and afterwards, if you have anymore questions, please don't hesitate to ask

Take care

brian_s
HRCC Student

Unread post by brian_s » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:28 pm

1208gypsy wrote:Greetings to everyone from 1208gypsy in North Carolina, USA. I'm excited to explore this fascinating study. So far, I've surfed around a bit in the discussions enough to see that many practical matters are resolved here. Yay that.

My elementary question is as follows: I have just purchased conjure oils and bath crystals (1 of each) for a) money drawing, and b) block busting. So that's four products in all (oil plus bath crystals for two conditions). Do these satisfy part of the purchase requirement that qualifies a seeker (in part) for eventual student status?

I thought maybe so. I figured money drawing is a basic attraction product, and block busting a basic riddance product. I see the required purchase list is kind of divided along those two important distinctions - attraction on one hand, removal on the other. However, I would benefit from guidance. Set me straight.
Hello gypsy1208!

To answer your question, yes and no. I believe money drawing bath crystals and block buster bath crystals fulfill Cat's requirement. She states that you need one for attracting money or love, (which money drawing bath crystals fulfills) and one for uncrossing (which I believe block buster would fulfill, since it can be compared to a more fiery/fast acting uncrossing product.) However, for the oils, she states she wants one of each for the following categories: love, money, protection, and negative work. Your choice of the money drawing oil fulfills the requirement for a "money" oil, but I don't believe the block buster oil fulfills any of these requirements. It isn't exactly a protection oil, again, its more similar to an uncrossing product. And it certainly isn't an oil for negative work.

I encourage you to take the required purchases list very literally since you are just starting out. If Cat requires you to get a product for protection, go with a "protection" or "fiery wall of protection" product. Have fun with it, but definitely do not overthink it, as it really is not that complicated.

Also, the point of these required purchases is for you to have hands on experience with a wide variety of different lines of product. Cat explicitly states that she does not want you to buy products all from the same line. It does you no good to buy multiple products from the same line, because you aren't getting the knowledge from other product lines that you should have by the time you try to sign up for the course. Try and branch out with your other purchases, and avoid getting products with the same name.

Hope this helps!
hrcc student no. 1976

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:25 pm

Thanks, brian_s -- i could not have said it better myself!
catherine yronwode

MileHighMojo
HRCC Student

Unread post by MileHighMojo » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:56 pm

I am just starting to order supplies with LMCC and look forward to being able to learn from one of the most competent and well-versed women, Miss Cat. I've been working with HHRM for three years and reading the forums anonymously, listened to every archived show, but now have finally signed up and can't wait to begin this wonderful journey in spiritual heritage! Thank you Miss Cat for offering this course, and thank you to all of the suppressed souls over the years that have made this work what it is today.
HRCC STUDENT #1999
Rev. Clark
Mile High Mojo

Sophia Moon

Unread post by Sophia Moon » Sun May 10, 2015 3:33 pm

My question is is there a bundle package available? Im not speaking of the books, though I only have the Black Folder and I'm reading that now, but the other long list of products. A bundle package would be helpful.

My two cents...

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun May 10, 2015 7:49 pm

Nope, no bundle, because i want people to actually purchase and USE the materials for at least 4 months before we have our interview call. I don't want "drive-by" students who purchase everything in a bundle and then never finish the program. So easy does it. Buy some things, work with them. Read a couple of books. If you like that, buy some more, read some more, listen to the CD, buy a bit more.... The process is paced naturally to a 4 month duration.
catherine yronwode

Sophia Moon

Unread post by Sophia Moon » Mon May 11, 2015 5:10 am

I should have waited for your response. lol I purchased almost everything but most of it I can use in one way or another. It will take me about 3-4 to read the books because I'm in graduate school as well. Whether I get excepted or not, it's a great package and I'm looking forward to using the products. Thank you for the response.

OgundokunOmoOgun
Forum Member

Unread post by OgundokunOmoOgun » Wed May 27, 2015 11:06 am

Hello everyone!

This is my first post ever on the forum! Ms. Cat's course has been on my radar for a few years now. I know a couple people personally who have taken it and I have not heard them say anything bad about it! I'm just now getting around to saying I'm ready to take the course. I have already made all the necessary purchases and am ready for the interview.

I hope to make more friends and meet more people of like mind! :)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu May 28, 2015 10:15 pm

Welcome, OgundokunOmoOgun,

I am excited for you that you will be taking the course.

It is an outstanding course and very rewarding. You'll just love it!

See you around on the forum!

OgundokunOmoOgun
Forum Member

Unread post by OgundokunOmoOgun » Sat May 30, 2015 2:38 pm

I don't have facebook and I choose not to to avoid all the internet drama. I do have google plus and have befriended Ms. Cat on there at least. Is that acceptable? The last bit of products I ordered that I needed for the course was 7 months ago so I've met the requirement of waiting at least 4 months My experience with the products has been pretty great!!! They've all worked as intended!!! I've sent in an email saying I'm ready for the interview and am waiting for a response I know they're busy after having just had the festival

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun May 31, 2015 7:57 pm

Hello, OgundokunOmoOgun

Here is #8 of Miss cat's rules (I have quoted it from her webpage):

"You must be my friend on Facebook and if you have no Black friends on Facebook, i will not accept you as a student"

Take care

Slava
Forum Member

Unread post by Slava » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:25 pm

hello everyone ; i read the whole topic and saw suggestions of Miss Cat ; may i still ask if these will meet the requirements?
Lucky Mojo hoodoo conjure oils,... negative work ... HOT FOOT? or it is considered to be repelling ?
LOOK ME OVER Sachet Powder for [attracting] ? Hot Foot Sachet Powder or Run Devil Run [repelling] ?
i saw all items have to be purchased not within the kit but how about "12 HOODOO DRESSING OILS" etc ? will supply bought this way still meet the requirements?
thanks for your help;
Blessed Be!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:19 pm

Hello, Slava ,

YES to all of your questions!!

Good luck! You will love the course!!

Slava
Forum Member

Unread post by Slava » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:42 pm

thanks for your help, dear Miss Aida ; i still have long way to go to be qualified but i am very motivated and excited to have a chance ;
Blessed Be!

OgundokunOmoOgun
Forum Member

Unread post by OgundokunOmoOgun » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:19 pm

Hello Ms. Cat!!! :)

I have an interview scheduled with you on the 7th of July. I don't have facebook because I want to avoid all the internet drama out there. I obviously won't be able to befriend you on facebook then. Is that ok? I have google plus and befriended you on there at least.

I've been in the Navy for just under nine years now and have made great friends of all colors to include black people.Being in the Navy has exposed me to so much culturally. I went to my job school with one person who is black and he is from New Orleans and knows something as some people say. Him and I had a great conversation about the work with a black man we were working with one time and I gained a lot from it. I also have a friend from work who is from Georgia who is black and is aware at least of some things, too.

My point is that I'd hate to not be able to take your course and learn from you because of me not having facebook. If I can't, I'll be ok with that :) Thank you for your time and all that you have done :)

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:19 pm

Hello OgundokunOmoOgun

I am pretty sure you do not have to have facebook to take the course. You are of course welcome to friend Miss Cat and nay f the rest of us really on there and there is a facebook group open to graduates but non of that is a requirement to take it. I hope you enjoy the course!

Peace~

Nathen

lucky7clover
Forum Member

Unread post by lucky7clover » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:48 am

Hello Miss Cat,

I have been interested in your correspondence course for quite some time. I have looked over the required ingredients and the orders I have placed in your shop, to see what matched the qualifications. Although, I'm having a hard time deciphering a few things.

I have purchased "Steady Work" Oil and Powder in the past, would that fall under the "Money" category of required oils/powders? Or will i have to purchase an oil specifically related to money?

Secondly, I have recently purchased a Fiery Wall of Protection Spellkit. I see that you do require a few "protection" items for the Course. This kit comes with Oil and Powder and I'm sure that I wont use it all in the completion of the Spell. Will I need to purchase other protection items for the course? Or will the oil from the kit count towards it?

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:18 pm

Hi lucky7clover,

The course is fantastic, you will love it!

As for your purchases, you may need another Money product to go with your Steady Work purchases, Also, I don't believe the individual components of a spell kit will qualify, but that is only a guess. Your best bet is to contact the shop, they will review your past purchases and advise you on what else you need to buy to qualify.

Good luck!
HRCC #1909G

Sapphyre
Forum Member

Unread post by Sapphyre » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:57 pm

Good evening,

I am working toward eventually taking Ms. Cat's correspondence course, though I feel it is not yet time. My first thought when I read the list of required purchases was $$$. ... money I don't have. At the same time, the requirements made sense to me. I recently posted a question in another section of the forum regarding eliminating blockages and the suggestions were appreciated and helpful. I feel as though I need to take the advice provided there before I pursue the course. There are some other workings I want to do as well. Those will fulfill some of the required purchases. In studying the list of oil, incense, powders and bath crystals, I notice that each product is in each category. This caused me to click on page after page searching for answers as to why. Is there a preferred method in Hoodoo for certain intents? For instance, I recently purchased Hot Foot powder because the powder made sense to me. Without the knowledge that I want to have of the traditions of Hoodoo, I would likely choose bath crystals for cleansing, purging myself and oils for candle work. Then I thought well but then you have this situation or that intent and where would that fit in that scenario? So more questions and more research, and the more I learn the less I know and the more I want to learn. So. In Hoodoo, are oils preferred (or incense or bath crystals or powders) for certain types of workings? Does Love me prefer to be used as an oil? Does Banishing prefer to be used as a powder? Or do these decisions tend to be made according to the individual circumstance, or combination of workings within a working? My research is far from complete and I am still reading and still exploring the pages and reading my recently acquired HHRM.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:09 pm

Hello, Sapphyre,

I have split, moved and merged your post to the appropriate subforum. Please be mindful of where you post your questions.

Miss cat has a list of what is required. So, if she asks for certain oils, then you buy those oils.

And the same for each category.

So, (as an example), she says t buy a negative oil, you can choose from the negative ones (hotfoot, crossing, etc). Then, a positive one would be for: love healing, etc.

She is very specific. Why? Because she wants you to have a well rounded experience with hoodoo practices. Each chapter will cover something that you can use and work with.

So, just follow her purchase guidelines. You cannot altar what she asks for. So, if she asks for oils, then you purchase the oils. If she asks for powders, then you purchase those powders. And so on.

Wishing you the best in your course.

You will love it !

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:34 pm

Sapphyre wrote: [For example,] Does Love me prefer to be used as an oil? Does Banishing prefer to be used as a powder? Or do these decisions tend to be made according to the individual circumstance, or combination of workings within a working?
Each form that a formula takes -- oil, incense, powder, bath crystals -- is suited to a different method of deployment. More details here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Now, to return to your questions about these two particular products:

Both of them are available as bath crystals because cleansing and purifying is not the only reason to bathe, and there are other things you can do with bathwater after you have bathed.

Water from a Love Me bath could be fed to your intended. Water from a Banishing bath could be used to spike your target's cleaning supplies to clean them right out of their house.

They are both available as oils because oils are useful for dressing candles; and anointing (of people) can be done for both positive and negative purposes.

They are available as powders to dust objects that would be stained by oil, to keep your work inobtrusive -- or, more traditionally, sprinkled where your target will walk, either to lead them to you in love or to send them out of your life.

They are available as incenses because the smoke of incense is an offering to God, carries prayer upward and outward, and repels all kinds of evil. (Also, if you don't have a varied collection of herbs, you can sprinkle a pinch of incense powder on a candle.)

In my experience, the form you choose depends largely on the opportunities you have.

You can also mix and match formulas to fine-tune your work. I generally mix King Solomon Wisdom into love work, for instance. I don't always just blend the two oils, though you can certainly do that; sometimes I use them alternately, or put a drop of King Solomon Wisdom Oil on a little mound of love incense, or the other way 'round -- just for starters.

When each formula comes in four different forms, the possibilities for your workings are multiplied many times over.

Good luck,

Miss Michaele
Forum Moderator - Member of AIRR

LunaKStrega
Forum Member

Unread post by LunaKStrega » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:10 pm

Blessings Cat,

I read the requirements for the course and wanted to know does the purchase history on your site have to be exactly four months or more? If I wanted to purchase everything within three months would that be acceptable?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:40 pm

Hello, LunaKStrega,

Sometimes, Miss cat allows leniency for special circumstances.

Please call the shop and ask for Mother Katrina and discuss this with her.

Have fun with the course.

You will LOVE it!!!

Take care

LunaKStrega
Forum Member

Unread post by LunaKStrega » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:53 pm

Thank you Miss Aida for the quick response. Blessings!

jump
Forum Member

Unread post by jump » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:03 pm

Hi, I am just curious if it is possible or worth of Ms. Cat's time to offer a "basic-to medium" course for beginners like me via Skype to a group of people with the same requirements of the current correspondence course - purchasing LM products, minimum 4 mos. customer of LM, enthusiastic to learn step-by-step, etc. I have purchased her book as well, but I am visual and tend to grasp things better via phone/in-person. If there are interest from other loyal LM customers, I would definitely like to sign up and learn. It may be a little shorter not as long as 3 weeks/all day program. Then, once we start practicing for a few months, the next steps maybe qualification to enroll in a more in-depth correspondence course. I hope I'm making sense.

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:46 pm

Hi jump,

Hopefully Miss cat will see this post and answer you, or else call the shop at 707.887.1521 and inquire. We can't speak for her here.

Thanks.
HRCC #1909G

DennisNg
HRCC Student

Unread post by DennisNg » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:13 pm

This forum is very informative. I'm learning a lot just by reading the posts.

I have started reading Hoodoo in Theory and Practice as a first step towards applying to be a student of this course.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:34 am

Hello, jump --

I have written thousands of free web pages on hoodoo since 1994,

i have written and contributed to half a dozen print books since 2002,

i have been teaching on the Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour once a week since 2004,

i have taught hands-on 3-week apprenticeships to groups of up to 15 people at a time since 2005,

i have accepted an average of 100 students per year via my correspondence course since 2006,

i have taught yearly public workshops to an average of 100 people at the Hoodoo Heritage festival each May since 2008,

i have replied to queries at this Forum regularly since 2008,

and i have published a newsletter since 2009.

I do accept individual teaching calls from clients (at my regular psychic reading rate of $60.00 per hour) and i have given private classes that way, but i shall not be adding skype lessons to my teaching agenda at this time -- i just do not have the extra hours in the day!

Basically, i am teaching a lot and i do not wish to add more to my schedule.
catherine yronwode

jennipop1313
HRCC Student

Unread post by jennipop1313 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:46 pm

Catherine,
Is it okay to purchase the required books on Amazon?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:22 pm

Hello, jennipop1313 ,

I think it's OK.

BUT...But....

...I would contact the shop and make sure. You certainly wouldn't want to make a mistake in this venture

Enjoy the course. You will LOVE it!!

Take care

Pheonix_410
Forum Member

Unread post by Pheonix_410 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:21 pm

Hello everyone and thank you Catherine for not only this wealth of knowledge you have made available to the world but also for this platform in which I can feel comfortable and around welcoming and patient lol people. I have been reading the many pages of your website for about 2 years now. I have performed a couple of spells but nothing too much (that is until the last couple of days leading up to today.) I hope that one day you will see fit that I have what you are looking for in a student.
But anywho, my question is; would Clarity oil be a qualifying purchase to attend the course? I plan to purchase them all anyways but I just wanted to be clear lol about it. Thank you again. You will be hearing a lot from me.
By the way I spoke with you on Facebook a couple of days ago about a dream dealing with child support and crossing oils. I know you speak to many people during your day so not remembering is expected lol. The case went well. Poppy seeds alum chubks and cayenne did the trick. :-)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:59 pm

Hello, Pheonix_410,

I believe that "Clarity" does NOT fall under the categories of love, money, protection, or negative work.

So, I would say: "No"

Sorry!!

SwampOak
HRCC Student

Unread post by SwampOak » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:45 am

Greetings!

Just placed an order today! I have ordered in the past, but this time I'm doing so with the intention and hope of taking Ms Cat's Correspondence Course! YAY! I'm excited.

I live in one of the towns Mr Hyatt interviewed rootworkers in all those years ago. I have a desire of doing research in the community here in hopes of finding descendants and/or any surviving rootworkers still here. Wouldn't that be neat?

Bright Blessings from Rural S GA!

~ Becca

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:13 pm

Hello, SwampOak,

That's TOTALLY awesome!!

Take care

DennisNg
HRCC Student

Unread post by DennisNg » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:24 pm

Hi Everyone! This has been a very informative and helpful thread. I have been ordering products over the past several months and have been working with some of them both for myself and others. I love how the instructions on how to use these products are clear and easy to understand and follow. My favorites are the Crown of Success oil and Road Opening oil especially before I attend any important meetings. Also, when my partner's company underwent an audit last week, I worked with information from Paper in My Shoe to help him achieve a successful audit. I hope to eventually qualify to enroll in the HRCC course so that I can understand better the history of where this work came from.

P.S. I like the suggestion that was posted on this thread to call the shop when in doubt if one has fulfilled all the required purchases :)

medicingal
Newly Registered

Unread post by medicingal » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:18 pm

Greetings from Virginia. I am happy to meet everyone and am excited to begin my journey into the world of Hoodoo. I started about 3 years ago by reading Cat's book, "Hoodoo Herb & Root Magic." I had hoped to begin seriously studying Hoodoo at that time but it was not to be. Now I have the time to devote to study and practice. I am preparing myself for the process and will be reading and working over the next year. I hope to then be ready to enroll in this program. It appears rigorous but I have found that nothing worth mastering is easy and it requires hard work. I am ready for the challenge and look forward to more interactions and conversations on this site.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:59 pm

Hello, DennisNg and medicingal --

I am always happy to accept new students, and i love working with and teaching folks. Welcome to the Forum, and be sure to send me a friend request on Facebook so we can stay in touch. The Forum also hosts the correspondence between students and myself, going back many years, and when you become a student, you will have access to those messages, which are all bundled in threads by lesson or homework number.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

ALW
HRCC Student

Unread post by ALW » Thu May 19, 2016 5:29 pm

Hello,

I've been reviewing the required purchases and see the CD set is on the list. I have no problem purchasing it as it is required, however, I do not own a CD player (even my car only has ports for an MP3 player or USB drive) and use a MacBook, which does not have a CD drive.

Are there any plans to offer these items as digital downloads in the future?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu May 19, 2016 9:11 pm

Hello, ALW ,

We'll have to wait for Miss cat to answer this one. I don't know her future plans.

Sorry

ALW
HRCC Student

Unread post by ALW » Fri May 20, 2016 6:30 am

Thank you, Miss Aida. I plan to include the CDs in my last order of required items and can purchase an external drive for my laptop in order to access content. But, if digital downloads are to be made available in the near future, I would wait for that option.

Lucky Mojo Hoodoo, Conjure, Training Workshops

Return to “Catherine's Correspondence Course and Apprenticeship Program”