Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

HRCC: Required Purchases for Correspondence Course

How to take cat's Correspondence Course, plus news about Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Workshops, Apprenticeships, and Parties.
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: HRCC: Required Purchases for Correspondence Course

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:23 pm

Sister Joyce --

The books that came out AFTER you signed up for the course are NOT "required reading" for you. I would NEVER ask a student to buy an "add-on" after purchasing the course!

I am so glad you have returned to studying, and i am happy that you bought the new books, but, honest, you didn't have to. (BUT, i think you are going to love them anyway!)

Much love and respect.

See you in the private Student Group part of the Forum.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

thispurplegoddess

Unread post by thispurplegoddess » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:35 am

@aceJay

Thanks so much for the response and suggestion.

will certainly do that.

many thanks.

thispurplegoddess

Unread post by thispurplegoddess » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:10 am

Hello Everyone,
Please is there anyone that purchases from LM and sends to Nigeria?
I would like to get some items towards the course but do not have anyone to assist with shipping. LM does not ship to Nigeria.
Anybody with info or can help with sending to me if first sent to them...i will bear costs.
Don't want to miss waste any time getting the materials for studying...please.

Your prompt response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks all.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:02 am

LM tracks the purchases in their database system to show eligibility for the course by purchasing them from LM. Hope this helps!
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

RevJames
Forum Moderator

Unread post by RevJames » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:15 am

Thispurplegoddess -

If i'm not mistaken, purchases must be made through Lucky Mojo to be eligible for the course, not a re-seller. You can do as JayDee suggested and ask, as I can't speak for Miss Cat, but I'm fairly certain due to the following on the Course Page under Required Purcahses - http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.htm ... _PURCHASES :
"I also require that you purchase the following items from MY SHOP, spread out over the course of at least four invoices, made over the course of at least four months"

Unfortunately, as you know, Lucky Mojo doesn't ship to Nigeria. You can read about this here - http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatshipping.html
The reason being "repeated problems with erratic customs regulations, burdensome customs charges, lost packages, damaged packages, stolen packages, non-delivery of packages, and governmentally confiscated packages"

As the page suggests you can "pay for your order using US cash, or with a credit card which has a billing address IN THE USA IN YOUR NAME. Then you may arrange for a pick up with a reliable and honest shipper whom you are sure will be able to deliver your goods to you and have your order picked up from our location in Forestville, California."
However I'm not sure the forum is the place to look for someone to do this as you can not send private messages here or give outside contact information to share your address, and a payment method. You really should find someone you trust, or a shipping company that may be willing to do this for you.

I hope you find a way to get what you need! Good Luck!
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148G

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:21 am

Thank you, RevJames. It is as you have stated.

The only "required purchases" i accept that are not made via my shop are the books, which may have been purchased via a reseller (usually Amazon) prior to the prospective student finding our web site or this forum. I do not require such folks to re-purchase the books.

My intent here is not to make money off of the purchase of supplies, but to ensure that the prospective student has enough supplies of a wide variety of forms (oils, sachets, minerals, herbs, washes, etc.) and conditions (money, love, protection, etc.) that they can actually follow along with the text of the 432 page book of lessons, opening packages and checking out the contents, and actually performing spells as they get to them in the lessons.
catherine yronwode

thispurplegoddess

Unread post by thispurplegoddess » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:32 am

@jayDee...Thanks so much

@RevJames.....Many thanks for your response. I appreciate it. It would be difficult getting to pay for the items with a card that has my name and billing address in the US as i do not live there. I do have a Mastercard in my name not just a billing address in the US but in Nigeria.
I know Amazon accepts our payments but wanted to know if i could get from there most especially the study books.
:(

@MissCat......Many Thanks for your response,ma'am. I really only want to be on the right path for the course entry :D .

Desert Lavender
HRCC Student

Unread post by Desert Lavender » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:08 pm

I just got my 3rd package of supplies and it's so fun to see everything all lined up together -- the books, bottles, powders. I bought a little oriental cabinet at a garage sale to keep them in. I can't wait to get my 4th package, and, hopefully, get accepted to the course.
HRCC Student #2178

Dmilud

Unread post by Dmilud » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:54 am

I also just placed my 3rd order and slowly building things up. Quite excited to get started eventually when the moment is right which hopefully is not too far! :)

MoS3500

Unread post by MoS3500 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:24 am

Hello,

I have been considering enrolling in the Correspondence Course and inadvertently purchased a lot of the required items. I would like to be on your radar for enrollment in the next two months. I have a big exam coming up in May, and I don't want to enroll until I can give the course my full attention, so I would like to apply after May (late May). Interestingly enough, I have been discussing the decision to enroll into this course with my mother, and now she is interested in it too. We have discussed that this will require her attention for at least a year and she is really excited about it. She will also be meeting the "prerequisites" for the course (purchases, readings, etc.)

I say all this just to put me in your sights Catherine, I really look forward to working with you and successfully enrolling in your course. In the meantime, I will be reading and preparing as much as I can in between studying. Thanks!

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:46 am

Hello briley57,

How wonderful that you and your mother are considering the course! You would love it, and you would have a built-in study partner.

You may wish to contact the shop and ask that they flag your orders for consideration of the course requirements. You would then need to have an interview with Miss cat before she can accept you in the course, then you would order the course book (which is only possible to do once she accepts you as a student). Once it arrives, you can begin your studies when it suits you best. It is a correspondence course, so you progress through it at your own pace.

I hope this helps, and I hope to see you and your mom in the student forum soon!
Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Forum Administrator

MoS3500

Unread post by MoS3500 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:54 am

Thank you for your well wishes, Miss Athena,

I’m currently getting my required purchases together, however I’ve gotten a bit stumped about what is considered to be what.

Do Come To Me and Attraction products meet the love requirements?

Also, what constitutes a root vs an herb? I know the requirement is for 2 herbs and 2 roots, however I’ve chosen blood root and blue flag root (from the herb section) and master root and queen elizabeth ( from the root section). Is this appropriate? There’s so many items being offered, it hard to dwindle down and make a choice.

As far as minerals go, does having pyrite gravel vs a chunk of pyrite make a difference in terms of requirement? From experience, i prefer smaller pieces for mojos rather than one big chunk.

Lastly, Does Hoyt’s cologne suffice for the liquid wash of water requirement?

Thanks

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:38 pm

Hello briley57,

Let me try to answer your questions in the order you asked them.

Yes, Come to Me is a love product. Attraction can be used to draw in many things, and love is one of them. That should work, but Miss cat can tell you for sure.

Master Root and Queen Elizabeth Root are both roots. If you have chosen Bloodroot and Blue Flag Root from the herbs section, then Lucky Mojo has classified them as herbs. Once again, I would check with the shop to be sure.

Small pyrite gravel is always preferable in a mojo vs. a large chunk of any mineral, so that is a good choice.

For the purchase of washes and waters, I would get Chinese Wash. Hoyt's Cologne is an anointing cologne, so that would come under a different category.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:53 pm

Hello, briley57 --

First, my thanks to Athena. She is right, Attraction can count for love. That is fine. She is also correct that Hoyt's Cologne is a perfume, not a wash or water. Chinese Wash is the most traditional example of a wash or water that we sell. You will also need a two-part liquid such as Peace Water or Double Luck Perfume.

Now let me clear up the last question:

I use the common English words "roots" and "herbs" with simple colloquial intent. This is explained in a disquisition on the abominable practice of "green for green and brown for brown" in the introduction to my book "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic."

For sales and inventory purposes, Blood Root (whole), Blue Flag Root (chipped), John the Conqueror Root (whole, chipped), Angelica Root (whole, powdered), or any Root in any form (whole, broken pieces, shredded, chipped, or powdered) may have a SKU that begins with :

"HER" (which to the shop means "Pack-by-weight, black-and-white label, set-price, retail botanical goods")
or
"BOT" (which to the shop means "Pack-by-unit-count, colour label, individual-price, retail botanical goods)

This is not relevant for the course.

For the course requirement, i simply want you to get two HERBS (the top or green parts or the flowers of plants) and two whole (not chipped) ROOTS (the underground tan or brown portions of plants) so that you will have them to use in making your mojo hand for Homework # 8.

The course is not aimed at beginners and if you cannot yet tell an herb from a root, you should spend a little more time with my public books before you sign up to take the course. I suggest that you get and read the two public books "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic," to familiarize yourself with herbs and roots, and "The Art of Making Mojos," to familiarize yourself with how mojos look and are made.

I look forward to getting to know you and teaching you!
catherine yronwode

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:07 pm

Thank you Miss cat for clearing that up!

oniomiladed

Unread post by oniomiladed » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:12 pm

I have been wanting to take this for a long time. I love Cat's Hoodoo Herb & Root Magic book and I am constantly referring to it. I placed an order today and I am so excited about it. I am already checking out the store to see what else I want to order for my next order. I am checking out her oils and sachets since, I need to stock up on my oils. I love the fact that there is so much information not only available on her website to let you know what the herbs are used for and also about the oils. That really makes it so easy when you are trying to work on something. I read through some of the posts on the forum today and it's very cool to see how interactive and informative this forum is. I look forward to getting more supplies and perhaps getting into the correspondence course eventually.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:08 am

Thanks for introducing yourself, oniomiladed. If you use Facebook, try to friend me, okay? I don't know your FB name, so i miay not pick it up promptly, but i do try to befriend every student on Facebook.
catherine yronwode

EndlessSky79

Unread post by EndlessSky79 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:57 pm

Hi All,

oniomiliaded, I feel the same way. I have been loving on and referring to Catherine's HHRM pretty constantly since I ordered it.

Catherine and Miss Athena, I believe I have completed all my necessary purchases, and purchased the Correspondence course in my last order, so I wanted to reach out and say I would absolutely love to take the course and am very excited about it.

I sent Cat a FB friend request with my real name (Andi Martin) a while back after I got super excited at how effective your products are, but my request is still pending. As of 4/15 it will be exactly 4 months since I became a customer of your delightful shop. Please let me know if I can schedule a phone interview or if I need to do anything else to apply for your correspondence course, please.
Thank you tons. I look forward to chatting.

Bright blessings,

EndlessSky79

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:07 pm

Hello, EndlessSky79.

First, let me go find you on FB and friend you, okay?

Okay, got that done -- you have a cute cat!

Next, someone in the shop -- either Yose or Nikki -- will have to look up ytour required supply purchases and check them off. Call the shop during business hours and see if someone can do that for you.

Next, we have 8 mutual friends, only one from the hoodoo community (they are occultists, mostly), and no people of colour as mutual friends. (You do have black friends on FB, though.) So i would like to suggest that you make some friends in FB as you must in real life -- with Arican-American folks who practice hoodoo. There are members of AIRR, for instance, who are Black, and tend to friend anyone who asks, as a way of interacting in the rootwork community.

If you have not already done so, please read these two pages about the course:

Cultural Immersion
http://luckymojo.com/culturalimmersion.html

The Excuses
http://luckymojo.com/theexcuses.html

And even having White or Asian friends in the hoodoo community will help you as you go through the lessons. Many folks here on the forum (not all, but many) use their real names, so you can read their posts, check out their personalities, and, especially if they are Mods, and therefore friendly and helpful, find them on Facebook. Folk magic is always a community tradition, so join the community.

Then get Yose to schedule you a time to talk to me -- that will be on a Monday or a Tuesday. Any week soon except for the Apprenticeship week (May 6 0 10, 2019).

Then we can talk and i can prep you for what you will need, what you can expect, and how to get into the private students forum.
catherine yronwode

EndlessSky79

Unread post by EndlessSky79 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:59 am

Hi Catherine,

Awesome! Thank you for your swift response, clear directions, and for FB friending me. I am grateful for your warm invitation to the rootworker community, which I happily accept! Also, thank you for the compliment on my princess Kitana. I am very fortunate to be her two legger.

I am totally jazzed to read that you are amongst other things a distant relative of Fred Astaire! The man was magical; it seems to run in the family.

I look forward to calling the shop during business hours and will check with Yose or Nikki about my purchases.

I am happy to make new friends and enjoy getting to know a community through interaction. I will go and friend request several black AIRR members if they will have me.

I have read both your Cultural Immerson and the Excuses pages. I am all about learning new info about the black American community and appreciate the opportunity to do so.

The Excuses page makes me alternate between truly horrified, saddened and pissed. The truth can be an ugly thing sometimes. I sincerely hope to never have anything I say make it on to that page.

After I make new friends and check on my purchases, I will contact Yose to schedule an appointment time to chat with you. I very much look forward to doing so.

Bright blessings,

Andi

Lawjack79

Unread post by Lawjack79 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:36 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a question, what happens if you already own some of the required books for the course. I did put in an order today of some of the requirements but when I looked at the required books, I’ve already order some of them from amazon. For the books I don’t have and the rest of the materials, I will continue to order from the shop. It I don’t want to be disqualified for the class nor order books I already have. What do I do?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:01 pm

Hello Lawjack79,

Technically, you would need to make your purchases from Lucky Mojo so that the shop has a record of your items. You may wish to contact them and ask directly, but be prepared for them to give you a similar answer.

Good luck, you will love the course!

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Catherine's Correspondence Course and Apprenticeship Program”