Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Hyssop Spirtual Bath Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herb baths, crystal salt baths, and floor washes for cleansing, protection, love, health, and luck.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator
Re: Hyssop Spirtual Bath Questions and Answers

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Crossroads=any place where to roads meet and cross. They look like X or +

Simple enough. Good luck.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

DMJY510
Newly Registered

Unread post by DMJY510 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:18 pm

thanks for sharing it with us,we appreciate it very much ,you are so kindly,we will go on look your post ,welcome more new information from you ,thanks again.
Last edited by ConjureMan Ali on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: advertising in sig.

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:17 am

i just recieved my break up spell kid and i need to know if i have to take the spiritual bath for the seven days of the ritual or just for the first day?

iconcurr

Unread post by iconcurr » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:50 pm

theusurper

Good question. I'm waiting for a reply too.

ChokatLily

Unread post by ChokatLily » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:21 am

Hello,

I have just completed a hyssop and rue/salt bath and I feel fantastic afterwards. As a capricorn moon person with alot of water in my chart I accumulate alot of negativity easily and I was wondering how often would you guys personally recommend cleansing with hyssop? Should I just bathe regularily with florida water soap as an in between maintenance ritual?

thanks!

By the way Catherine, just bought your book and i love it!

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:45 am

Hyssop for after working a break up spell - I'd do simple cleansing like a salt bath at the end of my working everyday then the hyssop bath on the last day.
HRCC Graduate #1610

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:36 am

theusurper

I would do it everyday. Think of it like this, if you made a big ol' mudpie and smacked someone in the face with it and got away, well you still got mud all over you. Same idea, you're working with some nasty stuff in a break up spell, and doing something pretty nasty yourself, so cleanse everyday, you wouldn't want to walk around with spiritual mud all over you, would you?

cabriellenil's idea is also good. It doesn't have to be a hyssop bath everyday, but you must keep clean while you do this and when its all said and done the last bath should most definitely have hyssop in it.
HRCC Student #1559

Believe129

Unread post by Believe129 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:16 am

@ Turnsteel - Thanks for the mud analogy. Totally clicked in my head.
Thank you for protecting me Santa Muerte.

iconcurr

Unread post by iconcurr » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:18 pm

Turnsteel - that is a brilliant analogy. I am thoroughly enjoying the education I am getting by being in this forum.

lovingblueeyes

Unread post by lovingblueeyes » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:32 am

Hello,
Need some final clarification...
Once I've completed my hyssop bath and pour it out my car window, I know I can't look back, but does it also have to be poured out at a crossroads?
Does it have be done during sunrise or sunset, depending on reason for cleansing?
Lo√ingblu££y£s

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:19 am

Hi lovingblueeyes,

the answers to your question are on the first page of this thread (2nd post in the thread, posted by Miss Cat in response to a similar question by jwmcclin). In a spiritual baths for cleansing (regardless of reason), one usually works prior to sunrise and disposes of the water at the crossroads at sunrise (wether out of your car window or on foot makes no difference, it's the cross-roads part, the sunrise part and the not looking back part that count).

Hope this helps.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

mywitchyways

Unread post by mywitchyways » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:35 am

Hi,

do I need to recite the entire psalm or just the phrase "cleanse me with hyssop and I shall be clean, wash me and I'll be as white as snow"

TIA!

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:39 pm

mywitchyways

I was taught to use all of the psalm.
HRCC Student #1559

mywitchyways

Unread post by mywitchyways » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:19 pm

Thank you Turnsteel, I will do just that

pma

Unread post by pma » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:57 am

What do each of you do with the remainder of the white candles that you have lit during the bath?

I put them out so as to not burn down my bathroom whilst taking the bath water to the crossroads.

I then relit them with a prayer and let them burn completely down in a neutral area in my home while I did the house and altar cleaning. I suppose I'll wrap the little bit of remaining wax in a white cloth and throw it into a crossroads, too.

Thoughts, anyone?
Thank you, St. Francis, for your protection.

IBube

Unread post by IBube » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks everybody that added to this thread. I learned some new things.

There are 2 ways that I use hyssop:

Like others on the thread, I boil water, add hyssop, then add to bath water, then walk past the white candle. This is for purification/consecration and is generally aimed at dealing with my own personal inner challenges. For cleansing myself from toxins picked up from other people, I use Rue Herb.

The other way I use the hyssop is to make a paste with it. Using mortar and pestle, I grind the hyssop with coconut powder and add a little milk. I kind of work it into a paste and smear myself while standing in the bathtub. I do not believe this is a hoodoo practice, but my people in Equatorial Guinea (West Africa) do it this way.

Fullmoondiva

Unread post by Fullmoondiva » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:26 am

If you are supposed to throw basin water at the crossroads towards the east to draw things to you, then howcome it says on the directions for the Uncrossing Spell Kit to toss the water towards the East!?

Fullmoondiva

Unread post by Fullmoondiva » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:33 am

Throw bath water after you use it as a wash at the crossroads??? Once again the directions are contradictive. It says on the Uncrossing Spell Kit say to throw the floorwash outside your front door step! Are the directions wrong?

Lee Canipe
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Lee Canipe » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:17 pm

Fullmoondiva, there are different opinions on this. I was taught to throw uncrossing, jinx-killing, cleasning type bath water to the East at Sunrise because evil cannot stand the Light. The Light of the Sun (Light of the Son) will destroy the evil. But later in life I met a rootwork who said to throw to the West at sunset to carry the evil away. Both make sense to me, but I want evil destroyed not carried away, so I follow what I was originally taught-- but I would not judge a person for throwing to the West at sunset. Since you are using Miss Cat's products, I would follow Miss Cat's directions.

Lee Canipe #398 (G)
HRCC Graduate #0398

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Lee Canipe

My thoughts exactly. There are many ways to dispose of the bath water. Miss Cat has given you the proper way to do so when working that spell. Best of luck to you!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Fullmoondiva

Unread post by Fullmoondiva » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:25 am

Thank you Joseph and Lee. I just wanted to make sure I didn't end up drawing evil in my direction by mistake then have to repeat the spell all over again.

Frey

Unread post by Frey » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:04 am

I know it's traditional to dispose of the water at a crossroads, but is it strictly necessary? I can't help thinking that it might just be a throwback to a time when people bathed in a tub in front of a fire, which they could pick up and throw out in the backyard afterwards. Nowadays we have plumbing that can carry the water away. Could I get away with just letting it go down the drain?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:50 am

Frey: Well, you have come to a message board for people practicing the TRADITIONAL work that is Hoodoo. We have some great set ways of traditionally and effectively getting rid of remains. The symbolic nature of carrying your problems away and casting them into the crossroads for removal is as important to the work as the actual bath you speak of. Can you let the bath water just go down the drain, coating your pipes, mentally staying with you? Yes you COULD do that, but you would not be properly carrying out the work we follow here. It is the same for many people who say they worked a spell and then just threw out all the remains in their trash with along with some cigarette butts and used diapers! :) You say that this may be a "throwback to a time when people bathed in a tub in front of a fire, which they could pick up and throw out in the backyard afterwards"? You are completely correct. As 99% of the Hoodoo we practice also comes from that "throwback" period.

This sounds like a few threads already in progress:

Spells and Spell Kits: Disposal of Ritual Remains: disposal-of-spell-kit-remains-questions ... 12316.html

-and-

Bathing at Dawn (the Litany of Excuses Thread): bathing-at-dawn-the-litany-of-excuses-t ... tml#p97146

I did not mean this as an attack on your question or ideas, but this has come up again and again and I have some pretty strong feelings on the subject! I hope I have not offended you! :)
Joseph Magnuson

Frey

Unread post by Frey » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:53 pm

No offense taken. I hope my use of the term "throwback" was not taken the wrong way, it was not meant to be derogatory. I'm not trying to change hoodoo tradition or criticize hoodoo practice, I just wanted to know if I could get away with not having to hunt for a crossroads at the break of dawn.

I wanted to know how important this was to the practice of spiritual bathing. And judging by your answer, I suppose it is important, and I will try to work it into my cleansing bath.

Thanks for the links, I haven't noticed them before. Will look through them later when I have time.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:04 pm

You're very welcome and I thank you for not taking offense. This particular work was done, just this very morning, by someone in my house and it's importance, and how it made her feel, was/is still very fresh in my mind! :)
Joseph Magnuson

mystic_fae

Unread post by mystic_fae » Sun May 06, 2012 10:37 am

To those who like to burn the 2 white candles down after the bath, how do you dispose of those candles? I did my bath this morning but am thinking I would like to burn the candles down too.

ProfessorAmes
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by ProfessorAmes » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:26 pm

I use a combination of hyssop, rue and agrimony. It seems to take care of all of the reasons you might have unintentional spiritual "ick" on you - the hyssop for those things you have done yourself (and let's face it, we're not entirely guilt free in most situations), the rue is cleansing in general and then the agrimony will turn back anything placed on you by someone else. I made a teabag full and pour some hot water over it and pray a Psalm while it steeps. Sometimes I do this the evening before I take the bath and then dilute it in the bathwater. Doing the ritual as described above.
Professor Ames - HRCC Graduate #1694

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:40 pm

mystic_fae

I just use tealights or 4" white altar lights.

With the tealights, when they are done, they are GONE. The aluminum cups they come in can go into the household recycling, as they are aluminum.

With the 4" altar lights, i burn these in the usual small star candle holders and they usually (not always) burn out to nothing. If any wax is left, i would bury it in the front yard. Purity is always nice to keep around the home. I would re-use the star holders indefinitely, of course. (I have some i have been using for ten years or more.)
-----

Blade66

Thant's a very nice combination. Highly receommended.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Summer

Unread post by Summer » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:11 am

jwmcclin

Are you reading psalm 51 while your in the tub, or as your running the water ?

KweenDiana2012

Unread post by KweenDiana2012 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:13 am

Are soaps the same as using the other types of herbal baths? Are they used in conjunction with other things? Would using the soaps, baths and oils make the intent stronger?

miziluvhoodoo

Unread post by miziluvhoodoo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:41 pm

Hello all,

I'm a little confused about a cleansing bath with Hyssop. I know I can take a spiritual bath for up to 15 mins. But, I'm confused on how to do it. Someone stated on this forum that you're suppose to cleanse while standing up in the tub. Another person said you're suppose to sit down and soak in the tub.

I would like to know which is the correct way? Or is either way fine?

Thank you.
Faith is the key to successful magic.

BeniSoit

Unread post by BeniSoit » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:10 am

Good Morning everyone I wanted to share my experience with my first Hyssop Bath that I took earlier.I am in consecration this week so I decided to start my series of baths this week. This mercury retrograde is literally kicking my butt and with the New Moon in Pisces to add for dramatic affect! Pretty serious stuff! Now I've taken baths before and literally felt things but this Hyssop Bath??? Chile!!! please let me tell you! P O W E R F U L!!!!! Sho nuff sho nuff! I boiled the herbs and after it was boiled I felt led by Spirit to swirl the liquid clockwise 7 times...when I was done I whispered into the pot and talked to the Hyssop to awaken it's energy and to remember who you are.

I had my bath water running so I blessed the bath water with florida water before I added the hyssop because the energy in tap water is weak so to raise the vibrations of the water I blessed it with florida water. I also lit a white candle and dressed it with some of my dressing oil which has fast luck oil, and 2 oils from my altar which is ancestral spirit and serenity...oh and since I just purchased a white candle from the 99cent store I also cleansed that with florida water before dressing with oil and lighting. I prayed Psalms 51 over the pot and then poured it into the bath tub. I was in the mood to relax and meditate since I've been so down so I played some gregorian chant to elevate me a bit higher.

Can I tell you when I stepped into that bathtub and sat down indian position in the water I started to pray and I asked for the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the comfort of the Holy Spirit my eyes were closed and when I asked for Holy Spirit to come I can see a golden light flickering in the background...that is how strong I can see even with eyes close! I opened my eyes but the candle flame was still so I said OK...let me continue to pray. As I started to pray about my situation and asking The Holy Spirit to aid me, the tears started to flow..Spirit came and I laid back and immersed myself in the water...how amazing it felt...I opened my eyes again and the candle was dancing again and the flame had a bit more power...I told myself ok good Heaven is here guiding this so as I laid back I continued to cry again and I soaked for a bit the water started to get heavy I knew it was a sign for me to wash down and clean up, so with the herbs I swept my body in a down ward motion to remove anything else and I released the water. When I stepped out I didnt towel dry I left some of the herbs sticking on me..since I am in consecration the cleansing is continual. I dressed myself with my oils and took some of the herbs and added it to my purity candle.

Now I know your supposed to throw the bathtub over your left shoulder I live in between TWO major crossroads, not matter what time of night theres always a car. So I dont go often especially after a bath. The week before I took a rosemary and rose petal bath, a beautiful bath recipe given to me by a Mexican/Persian woman who owns an antique shop a few streets down from me...she's magical...I think I found my fairy GodMother,,,LOL. Anyways I keeping the herbs from both baths to burn with incense as my form of consecration and burnt offering to God.

I just wanted to say that the Hyssop Bath WORKS! When you want and need help to repent from your sins and really unload I'm telling you Glory Hallelujah!!! The Hyssop Bath works.. and now I feel amazing and super sleepy! Blessings to you all!
That reminds me I need to get Frankincense, Myrhh and Calamus root....off I go! :D
All is possible under the Sun...I AM Blessed.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:32 am

Thank you for posting. Many only use hyssop after "dark" work, but it can be used any time to cleanse oneself and know that God forgives.

HER-HYS-LEAF
Hyssop Leaf
$3.00

Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:20 pm

After a very good 13 herb bath with a lots of results and success,i wanna have one bath each week for the maintenance,let me know if i have the good choice :
hyssop, lemongrass, devil's shoestring,rue and salt.I wanna take this bath every sunday for start and have a good week when i'm working.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:42 am

goldentouch97: This appears to be a wonderful bath combination.
Joseph Magnuson

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:57 am

give me an advice for the amount of each element ?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:50 pm

I would do it as you have it listed, in that order, in descending increments. Unless you are making a salt based bath and then I would each ingredient, in the order you listed in a salt base.
Joseph Magnuson

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:28 pm

ok but i wanna know the quantity by ingredient,like one tablespoon for hyssop by exemple.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:22 pm

Well,that would depend on how much of a batch you wanted to make. Everything from A Pinch, A Pinch, A Pinch, and A Pinch, to various measurements based on personal recipes. I suggest you do as I once did, trial and error until you get the results you are looking for.
Joseph Magnuson

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Gonna try it soon,thanks a lots.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:27 am

You are very welcome and good luck to you.
Joseph Magnuson

Shantilly Lace

Unread post by Shantilly Lace » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:51 am

Yesterday I had my first cleansing Hyssop bath and stepped between two white candles.
I feel fabulous. I really do.
Straight after the bath, as I drip dried I felt relaxed and happy. the feeling continues today.

I was going to do some magic yesterday, love magic, but in the end followed my instinct and just let it be. Yesterday I had a fabulous idea, really fabulous idea and it was confirmed today by my financial advisor that it was indeed good.

I used white sage incense to cleanse my room and was just happy and peaceful.

In fact I think the cleansing helped me more than I realised. I had been concentrating on a break up spell and reconciliation spell, well after the bath I felt that I should just leave it be. I found some very old bible scrolls I received from my grandmother who received it possibly from her grandmother, these are used by opening daily and heeding the message in them. Very carefully I opened a scroll and it read 'leave it in my hands' and so I feel quite at peace.

I will dispose of my vinegar bottle at a crossroad but leave the honey jar as really it doesn't hurt to have good communication with anyone, and will leave anything else regarding my relationship until I receive my reading. I may just find myself a spell for my good idea.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:34 pm

That's really great Shantilly Lace! Spiritual cleansing is indeed very powerful. If you have a chance, get some 13-herb bath and give it a try: it's an amazing bathing blend for spiritual de-crapping and cleansing of all kinds. Keep up the good work.

HER-HYS-LEAF
Hyssop Leaf
$3.00

Aura Laforest

heart

Unread post by heart » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:23 am

Hi. I did a break up spell with feces for my recently exbf and new girl and I need to clean myself with hyssop. I decided to use hyssop bath crystal. It would be difficult for me to throw the herb aftetwards. Can anyone tell me how to use hyssop bath crystal pls? Thank you

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:52 am

Hi heart, you'll find instructions on how to use the bath crystals here: http://www.luckymojo.com/baths.html & here: general-questions-about-lucky-mojo-bath ... fe1137eaff
Aura Laforest

heart

Unread post by heart » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:21 am

Thank you so much for the information Ms. Aura.

Blackbeauty83

Unread post by Blackbeauty83 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:29 am

If I ordered the 13 day herb bath, do I need to order hyssop for cleansing also if I am doing some dark work. And can FWP oil protect me after I do the work.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:06 pm

Hello, neka83 ,

The 13 day bath ought to cover it (unless you plan to do more after the bath).

However, it's not a bad idea to have Hyssop on hand "just in case" you feel the need to do further work (hyssop is for forgiveness).
www.herb-magic.com/hyssop.html

And YES! ALWAYS use your Fiery Wall of Protection!!

Wishing you the very best

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Juxtapose

Unread post by Juxtapose » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:57 pm

Hello!
Ive read this whole thread and dont see an answer to this: air dry. How DRY do you have to be before you can dress and get about your life? If I get out of the bath & finish my Psalms in 5 minutes, can I put my clothes on while I still have wet hair and/or water droplets on my skin or do I have to wait until I am completely dry before putting clothes on? Thanks for any answers!
By this I know that You delight in me, Because mine enemy does not triumph over me - Psalms 41:11

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:02 pm

Hello, AsherDorian ,

The whole idea here is that you don't rub off the spiritual energies of the bath.

I usually don my clothes when my body feels dry (but my hair is still wet). Otherwise, it would take me hours to let my hair dry.

Like I had said, as long said, as long as you're not rubbing or wiping off the energies.

Hope this helps

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Juxtapose

Unread post by Juxtapose » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:07 pm

Miss Aida

Your answers ALWAYS help! What I do outside of the bath is I rub the water into my skin so I can dry faster. The clothes do pick up some of the access, but I am wearing the clothes, it would still be in contact with my body even afterwards...I dont feel I am rubbing anything off but actually rubbing the good energies onto the white clothes I am wearing. I hope Im doing it right!
By this I know that You delight in me, Because mine enemy does not triumph over me - Psalms 41:11

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Hello, AsherDorian,

Yes, that's fine!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Innocence

Unread post by Innocence » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:56 pm

Can I use the same crossroads near my house everytime for disposing the bathwater? Also since I can't take the bath right before sunrise (that might wake the other people in the house), can I take the bath before bedtime, store some of the bathwater overnight and dispose of it at sunrise?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:23 pm

Hello, Innocence,

I unfortunately have all bad news for you. Sorry!

No, you can't use the same crossroad. That would be comparable to looking back.

As far as bathing at another time, please read this thread:

post144408.html?hilit=Litany of excuses#p144408

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:10 am

Miss Aida if it's a 13th herb bath,we can use the same croasroad ?

Innocence

Unread post by Innocence » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:18 am

Got it! Is it safe though if I ever casually or accidentally saw or even walk through that crossroad section again?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:19 pm

Hello, goldentouch97,

It is preferable If you don't

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:20 pm

Hello, Innocence,

That is not advised

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Innocence

Unread post by Innocence » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:21 am

Thank you, Miss Aida! I am trying to wrap my mind around the idea though, so for a 13-day 13 herb bath ritual one would have to find 13 different crossroads far from home to dispose the bath water and never go back? How did people used to manage in the old days when no one had a car?

Innocence

Unread post by Innocence » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:07 pm

I used to get this feeling of torment whenever my ex would stay out late with his friends, I would get more intranquil by the minute waiting for him to come home. This evening I took a hyssop bath as part of Deacon Millet's forgive and forget ritual, I poured the bath water all over my bare head and face a totality of 9 times between every two verses of psalm 51. Towards midnight my ex was still not home but I realized I've been feeling really fine! I was going about my activities without being concerned that he's not by my side. I wonder if the hyssop bath washed away my neediness!

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Baths and Washes in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”