• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Hyssop Spirtual Bath Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herb baths, crystal salt baths, and floor washes for cleansing, protection, love, health, and luck.

Hyssop Spirtual Bath Questions and Answers

Unread postby jwmcclin » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:29 pm

I have read so many ways of disposal after a Hyssop herb bath.

HER-HYS-LEAF
Hyssop Leaf
$3.00

I have taken the bath and throw to tree in the east at sunrise and mistakenly looked back however, I have read that you can bath in Hyssop and walk thorough 2 white candles with no additional disposal and I have read to take to crossroads, what is your experience? Thanks in advance for input.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Hyssop Spirtual Bath

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:31 pm

I walk through two lit candles with a symbolic bowl of bath-water, and take it to the crossroads while the rest of the bath is draining. I throw it East, toward Sunrise and don't look back.

By the way, In addition to the dried herbs, Hyssop also comes in the form of Hyssop Bath Crystals. This contains less of the ehrb but may be more convenient for some people to use,.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Re: Hyssop Spirtual Bath

Unread postby jwmcclin » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:31 pm

Thanks Catherine. I noticed you wrote, "toward sunrise" not "at sunrise."
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Hysopp in bath only?

Unread postby Dimples03 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:52 am

when using hysopp for a cleansing and jinx removing bath do i use it alone with water? do i let it boil on the stove top and for how long? how long do i take the bath for?
Dimples03

Re: Hysopp in bath only?

Unread postby jwmcclin » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:47 am

When I perform the hyssop bath ritual...I boil water, pour over leaves in a container, let steep hmmm 5 to 10 minutes according to what else I am doing in preparation for my bath. Than I pour it in my bath water. As far as how long to take the bath...normally 5, 10, 15 minutes I don't really time it. Its up to the individual...just make sure that you read psalm 51during this time...

Read further details here: http://herb-magic.com/hyssop.html
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Hysopp in bath only?

Unread postby Miss Bri » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:48 pm

Dimples03 wrote:when using hysopp for a cleansing and jinx removing bath do i use it alone with water? do i let it boil on the stove top and for how long? how long do i take the bath for?

I keep Hyssop infused in olive oil. When I do the Hyssop bath I add the oil and some dried hyssop straight to the warmed up spring wanter. Traditionally the bath is accompanied by a recitation of Psalm 51, so however long it takes you to say that Psalm is a good guide for how long the bath should last. Although some might repeat the Psalm several times. Spiritual baths are not exact science, so it takes as long as it takes. If this is your first time, then my advice is to assume that it will take longer than you think it will and plan accordingly.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

hyssop bath and spell kit after another

Unread postby Dimples03 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:47 am

I wanted to know if when I do the Hyssop bath if I can add florida water and eggshell to the bath? I also wanted to know if it is necessary to do both the uncrossing spell kit baths and the hyssop baths. how should i do the two? in the same day? do i have to wet my head/hair everytime i do the baths? I ordered the uncrossing spell kit and hyssop bath from LM.
Dimples03

Re: hyssop bath and spell kit after another

Unread postby Lukianos » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:31 pm

Hi Dimples03,

Dimples03 wrote:I wanted to know if when I do the Hyssop bath if I can add florida water and eggshell to the bath? I also wanted to know if it is necessary to do both the uncrossing spell kit baths and the hyssop baths. how should i do the two? in the same day? do i have to wet my head/hair everytime i do the baths? I ordered the uncrossing spell kit and hyssop bath from LM.

The hyssop bath is usually considered t be more of a personal cleansing type of bath that removes personal sin and negativity from the bather (the source of negativity may be external or internal), and is usually used in conjunction with psalm 51 (...purge me with hyssop and I shall be clean...), which is a psalm of repentance and contrition for wrongs one has committed in the eyes of G_d. In contrast, the Uncrossing bath breaks jinxes and is more focused on nullifying external sources of negativity and crossed conditions. Usually, it is not necessary to do both baths in the same session, and one should honestly evaluate the source(s) of negativity and obstacles in one's life before choosing the more appropriate bath (or one may choose a broader-spectrum cleansing bath, such as the 13 herb bath mixture).

http://www.herb-magic.com/13herb-bath-one.html

All of these baths are applied from the head/shoulders down, to the soles of the feet. It is not necessary to get one's head/hair thoroughly wet (although I do prefer to wash the face, and at least a token sprinkling of the bath over the head before washing down the body).

As far as adding things to the hyssop bath, it is traditional to combine hyssop with rue and salt. You could add cascarilla (eggshell) or Florida Water to such a bath, but these additions would be from outside the tradition in which the hyssop bath exists.

Good luck!
Lukianos

Re: hyssop bath and spell kit after another

Unread postby Dimples03 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:26 am

okay thanks! if i cant throw the bath water at the cross road from the uncrossing spell kit, what can i do with the bath water? do i have to throw it at the crossroad? i really wont be able to.
Dimples03

Question about hyssop bath & negative works

Unread postby moonbride » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:44 am

Hello!
I wondered what most folks did in regards to negative works and cleansing baths after. If you do a negative spell that lasts 7 or 9 days, would you do the cleansing hyssop bath each day after you work the spell or after the end of the entire spell on the 7th or 9th day?
moonbride

Re: Question about hyssop bath & negative works

Unread postby keeperoftherubyshoes » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:59 am

Doing the full Hyssop bath every day would be overkill- I think just doing the full bath when you're done with your spell should be enough. If you feel like you need something while you're working, smudge yourself with sage and make sure your house is salted in the corners and doorways to outside.
keeperoftherubyshoes

Unread postby Chagrinedgirl » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:25 am

Someone please correct me if this is wrong, but when doing multi-day spells like that I'll brew up the hyssop but sprinkle myself and wipe downward instead of the full bath, then do the whole immersion at the end.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...
Chagrinedgirl

Unread postby hightlow » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:40 am

Here ya go. Thanks for the support guys!
I’ll be sure to keep everyone posted.
document internet management software property asset project find the right internet management software for you document internet management software property asset project
hightlow

Using eucalyptus oil with hyssop bath

Unread postby preppieroots » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:45 pm

Hi

I am wondering if it would be effective to use eucalyptus essential oil in a hyssop bath.... I have both the hyssop loose herbs as well as the hyssop bath crystals. I would be using the essential oil to rid myself of a bad habit, and the hyssop to cleanse myself spiritually at the same time.

Thank you for any help you may wish to give.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1530
preppieroots

Re: Using eucalyptus oil with hyssop bath

Unread postby preppieroots » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:26 pm

well I have read and read post after post, but I am thinking that is is okay to add to the already prepared bath crystals from LM. I would love to hear from those who are more educated than me, about this idea of adding to one of the already prepared baths from LM. Would eucalyptus oil help someone who is hoping to rid himself of nicotine addiction and any other unhelpful energies/spirits if added to the hyssop bath crystals? (or I should say, added to the bath that was steeped in hyssop bath crystals)

Thank you in advance for your help.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1530
preppieroots

Unread postby jwmcclin » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:58 pm

The purpose of Eucalyptus is to rid oneself of habits such as the one you listed...read further here: http://herb-magic.com/eucalyptus.html

HER-EUC-LEAF
Eucalyptus Leaf
$3.00

...and Hyssop is for cleansing...as identified here: http://www.herb-magic.com/hyssop.html
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Chagrinedgirl » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:33 pm

I would also check out the Cast off Evil page http://www.luckymojo.com/castoffevil.html. I would use the oil sparingly, since it's potent stuff and will make your eyes water and mucus membranes burn if you use too much. (Speaking unfortunately from experience, I dabbed a little too much on my chest once when I had a cold, and thanks to the fumes I felt like I'd been maced.)
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...
Chagrinedgirl

Unread postby Devi Spring » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:38 pm

I could be wrong, but from what I understand on doing negative works, you DO take a cleansing bath afterwards each day that you are working the spell. You may also want to do some protection work for yourself at the same time.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Hyssop leaf

Unread postby Ferb » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:09 pm

Can anyone tell me how many hyssop leaf to order from Lucky Mojo for a bath? On the order form it says "hyssop leaf". Do I order 1 per bath?
Ferb

Re: Hyssop leaf

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:11 pm

1 packet of Hyssop is enough for a bath. You can probably get two baths from the pack...check the forum, this probably has been discussed.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Hyssop leaf

Unread postby Ferb » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:14 pm

Thank you!
Ferb

Hyssop and enemy work--washing the house?

Unread postby Phoenix333 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:24 pm

Thanks for your help, everyone. Client is satisfied!
Phoenix333

Re: Hyssop and enemy work--washing the house?

Unread postby theusurper » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:10 pm

i do every time i work with the vinegar jar. i wash the floor and i take my bath.
theusurper

Re: Hyssop and enemy work--washing the house?

Unread postby jwmcclin » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:49 pm

Some before and after the spell is complete...some follow theusurper's ritual.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Hyssop Cleansing

Unread postby rs09 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:48 pm

Hello All!!

I have a question about doing a cleansing bath. I think I need to do a thorough cleansing since it has been a while. The last one was done for me by a family friend so I don't feel completely comfortable with the proceedure and wanted to see if I could obtain clarification.

I have purchased some Hyssop for my "first" cleansing. (I plan on trying the 13day herb bath but wanted to begin with the hyssop while I wait for my other items to arrive). What if any herbs could I add to strenghten this cleansing? I have been feeling a bit drained...my energy fluctuates from really high where I feel I can accomplish just about anything to very strong lows where I have to coax myself to complete daily chores and activities.

So in addition to cleansing I guess I want to work on my energy issues if possible.

Reading the information on LM site, my understanding is that I could first take a shower and wash as normal and then pour the cleansing water over my head while reciting a Psalm. Is this correct? Can this be done in a bath as well?
I am still confused about disposing of water at crossroads. How much of the water should be disposed of at the crossroads? Should the rest of the water be allowed to go down the drain? I read in a thread here on the forum that the water should be tossed to the west not the east?

I read once somewhere that when doing the bath all mirrors should be covered in the bathroom? Has anyone else heard about this?

Thank you all very much for your input!
rs09

Re: Hyssop Cleansing

Unread postby Devi Spring » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:27 am

I would add some salt and rue to your bath.

Rue comes in the form of dried herb leaves --

HER-RUE-LEAF
Rue Leaf (Ruda, Ruta)
$3.00

Rue is also available ready-mixed with salt in the form of Rue Bath Crystals:

BCR-HOO-RUEE
Rue Bath Crystals
$4.00

Hyssop only targets negativity that you have brought onto yourself through your own actions, or "sin". It's not the best choice if you are dealing with any sort of residue from contact with other people or situations that have drained you.

Rue targets negativity brought onto you by others - it's been used for a very long time in Europe as a cleanser of the Evil Eye. Pray over the salt that it will cleanse you in body, mind, and spirit. Salt can be a powerful general cleanser when put that that task.

Generally spiritual baths are standing/pouring baths, not soaking baths. So, yes, take your normal shower to get the regular dirt off, wash you hair/body, etc. Then prepare and take your spiritual bath. If you're using a bathroom that has the shower/bathtub combo, then just fill the tub to ankle deep, add your bath salts or herb tea, and then do your pouring bath..

You only need a bit of water to dispose of at the crossroads - I usually take about half a water-bottle full. Yes, the rest of the water goes down the drain. I usually then rub salt around the tub afterwards to cleanse it.

Which way you throw the water depends on the purpose of the bath. If you are drawing stuff to you, then you throw to the East/rising sun. If you are getting rid of stuff, then you throw to the West/setting sun.

I have not heard of the mirrors being covered. I know Jewish people cover mirrors for a period of time after a person had died, but I haven't heard of it in conjunction with hoodoo bathing rites. Perhaps someone else can speak to that. It's certainly not something that I have every been taught to practice.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby theusurper » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:38 am

it's something wrong ifi mixed 13 herbs anf hyssop?
theusurper

Unread postby Turnsteel » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:54 am

theusurper wrote:it's something wrong ifi mixed 13 herbs anf hyssop?

There is Hyssop (and also Rue, plus 11 other cleansing, uncrossing, and protective herbs) in the Thirteen Herb bath.

HEZ-MIX-1301
13 Herb Bath Break jinxes, end crossed conditions, dispel evil.
$4.00

God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby theusurper » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:33 am

thank you, i feel better now,HD
theusurper

Hyssop Spiritual Cleasing Help.

Unread postby BlissfullyBastet » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:20 am

Greeatings all

I, for the first time Im going to start a major cleansing, very soon I hope. Im waiting for all my supplies from LM.
In the mean time I would like to start some cleansing with Hyssop and rue (taking this approach by all what I had read in all the threads). Im new to all of this, however, I feel blessed to have found it.
I also have scheduled a reading with Miss. Cat to know what is the best way to approach my problems.

My question is, do I need to light any candles after the bathing? and if I do, what kind?
When disposing the water at the cross-roads, does the water has to be thrown over the shoulder in the middle of the intersection to the West or does it have to be at the West side of the cross-roads?
I have read that some people are disposing the water as they are driving, which I probable would have to do too, my question is: what "IF" as I dispose of the water through the window, some of the water splashes on the side of my car? Is that something I should worry about, or something I could just overlook, or somehow be able to cleanse afterwards?

Any replies will be greatly appreciated.
Blessings to all.
BlissfullyBastet

Re: Hyssop Spiritual Cleasing Help.

Unread postby corazon » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:12 am

have you read this page:

http://www.luckymojo.com/baths.html

it will answer all your questions there.

I personally don't light any candles after - the bathing is in itself the cleansing... but if you want to light a candle i would light a white one dressed with blessing or van van oil.

and when disposing of the water, I personally take the water in an old water bottle and pour it out as i slowly turn the corner and don't look out my rear view mirrors. don't worry if a tiny bit splashes on your car. you're fine.
corazon

Unread postby BlissfullyBastet » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:31 am

Thank you corazon.
I have read some info in the link you posted, maybe I missed something. I'll go back to it.

Blessings.
BlissfullyBastet

Unread postby ONiki Muse » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:49 am

Hello BlissfullyBastet,

I agree with Corazon. I use the same methods. In addition to spiritual bathing you might want to consider doing house cleansing as well. LM has Chinese Wash And Buffalo Ammonia that you could order. Cleaning from the back of the house to the front. Watch out for leather or plastics. People have different methods of cleaning. Some scrub the floors, wall, doors, windows etc. Some use a spray bottle. Whatever is best for you. Just an idea.

Be blessed !
Blessing
ONiki Muse
Forum Moderator

Unread postby BlissfullyBastet » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:57 pm

Hi TrueBlessing, thank you for the advise as well.
Chinese Wash has being included in my order, anxiously waiting on it.
Got some Hyssop and Rue which I intend to used for my first cleansing bath before sunrise tomorrow, don't have any ammonia (I don't use it for cleaning), but I was wondering if I can use some of the same water I will using for my bath and adding some salt?

I don't have a problem cleaning the whole house as you indicated, that is one the big issues I feel I am having, we bought a house that was foreclosured three times before us and I feel there maybe lots of stangnat energy in this house, besides all my bad luck :( , but I was thinking that probably I should wait for my Chinese Wash because I have a roommate and I will have to ask permission to enter his room for a Yearly clean up? lol and I don't want to ask twice.
Besides his is the second floor and everything is carpet, Im planning on shampooing the carpet adding a little of the Chinese Wash.

I wanted to thank you both for responding to my post, and to Miss Cat and everybody who maintains this forum for such of wonderful work and dedication, this is the second time I've posted something and I have recieved a very quickly response on my concerns.

Very humble to be able to receive such a help from loving people that don't even know me.
Blessings
BlissfullyBastet

Unread postby jwmcclin » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:28 pm

If you are using the bath water to wash down your space, yes! ...make sure you dispose of it at the crossroads.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby BlissfullyBastet » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:23 pm

Just wanted to post this, since I feel things will work out just fine. It may be a long road, but I feel VERY, VERY BLESSED ONE.
I requested help on Hyssop bathing since I was waiting for my uncrossing kit.
Checked my mail early today at the time the mail normally comes, NO MAIL, so I thought, OK, I'll go get the Hyssop and Rue.
Well, for some reason, just few min. ago I felt like checking my mail box again, and guess what??? one of my orders is here.
I will be using my uncrossing kit, instead of just Hysoop and Rue.

Could not be any happier :D
Blessings to all
BlissfullyBastet

Unread postby Houngan_Liam » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:36 pm

It's great that your order came in!

Just on the subject of candles in baths, personally when I take baths I place two candles, one of each side of my shower door, fixed up according to the bath I am taking, and light these before I enter the bath. When I have finished the bath, I air dry between the candles to ensure that their influence is a part of the bath.

Once I have dried and dressed I extinguish the candles and put them aside for the next bath [since baths are usually taken over a specific period of time instead of just a once off]. After the last bath I allow the candles to burn all the way out.

Good luck with your work :-)
Houngan_Liam

Unread postby BlissfullyBastet » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:23 pm

May I ask, if you could answer of course, what to do in the case you do not have spring or rain water as the instructions call for the first bath. I just did a seach in google to see if I could find any place where I could get some natural spring water, but I have not found it just yet. Rain water does not seem to be an option, I just checked the wheater for next 7 days.
Can river or creek water be used instead? I really wanted to start my cleansin today in a few hours.
thanks
BlissfullyBastet

Unread postby corazon » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Houngan Liam thank you for the information about the candles!

I will try this next time!! Really appreciate it!
corazon

Unread postby Houngan_Liam » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:13 am

I don't know about where you live BlissfullyBastet, but if you can't get Rain Water or Spring Water any other way, you should be able to find a spring water at your supermarket or corner store. In New Zealand at least we can get bottles of spring water at any store :-)

@ Corazon: no problem :-)
Houngan_Liam

Unread postby BlissfullyBastet » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:35 am

Hey there,
Thank you Houngan_Liam, now you just made me ask: It'snt "spring bottle water" just a name, for bottle water.
I always thought of it as "destilled water" either by reverse osmosis process or other type of process. Am I wrong.
Which, in either case is already processed water, and I don't considered natural at all, but I might be wrong.
Can anyone correct me please? I decided to wait and do some more research as where can I get naturally occuring spring water.
I just don't want to use something that I should not. Hopefully I would be able to find a place today.

Thank you so much for your postings though, and I really hopefull that I am wrong and I can used the bottle spring water.
BlissfullyBastet

Unread postby BlissfullyBastet » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:44 am

Well,
I am going to take your advise Houngan_Liam I am buying spring water from the market and starting my cleansing work tomorrow at dawn.
This is the first time Im doing this type of spiritual cleansing, but I am determined to do it. I feel the fact that I was creating issues on finding the "right" type of water is just procrastination or excuses "something I have been dealing with lately", but that is going to happen, nevermore. ;)
Im expecting nothing, but EXCELLENT results with the help of GOD and everybody in this forum that is willing to give advise when seek it.

Once again thank you and God bless you.
BlissfullyBastet

Unread postby Devi Spring » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:16 am

Bottled water has many different terms depending on where it is sourced from. "Spring water" generally means it's taken from a spring, and so is suitable for use in spiritual cleansing (you can always Google info on a particular bottler to make sure they do actually get it from a spring). "Distilled water" and "filtered water" is just processed water usually originating from a regular tap source, and "bottled water" basically means straight from the tap.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ONiki Muse » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:11 am

Wanting to do things the right way does not mean that you are procrastinating. Dont be so hard on yourself sweetie. The best way to learn is ask questions. Im glad to hear that your order came :D Now you can get with the program. I wish you many blessings!
Blessing
ONiki Muse
Forum Moderator

Unread postby BlissfullyBastet » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:11 am

Just wanted to thank you all of you for the assistance and encouraging words. I am feeling really good that I have started taking action in putting my life back in place.
Im not the kind of person that expect everything to change over night, but with steady work, faith and dedication will bring anything to fruition.

Blessings.
BlissfullyBastet

Unread postby corazon » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:40 am

BlissfullyBastet - you certainly have the right attitude!!!
Good luck and many blessings!!!
Let us know how things are going with you! Just update right here on this same post!
corazon

Unread postby ONiki Muse » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:41 pm

Sounds like you have the right attitude to me!
May you Be Blessed in all your endevors
Blessing
ONiki Muse
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:46 pm

Good Luck and Blessing in your work BlissfullyBastet!
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby BlissfullyBastet » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:42 am

Hello again everyone,

I did fineshed my spell kit on Tuesday last week, what a relief......
I thought I will thank everyone that help me in my question and also to those that indirectly were of help (for I have been reading a lot in this forum), and just wanted to share that I've had the most wonderful experience using the LM products.

It practically has been about a month or so since I started working on my problems; had a reading with Miss Cat (God Bless her), and I have been able to see results from my work, now take into consideration that I have not background in rootwork, magick or any type of conjure work whatsoever :), I am just a customer.

I just followed some threads that seemed to give me some educated information on what I was trying to understand, and it did help me
very much. Thanks to all of you for being so easy to talk to, so honest and so good and loving that made me feel that I was part of a community I was just loggin in.

I still have work to do, but just like I said it took time to get were I was, and it will take time to make it right.

God bless everyone.
Im sure you are going to be hearing from me in some other threads in the future, as I see myself to be a loyal LM customer from here on. ;)
BlissfullyBastet

hyssop bath and that time of the month

Unread postby digglimber » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:21 am

good day,
i need to do a hyssop bath and when I picked up the ingredients the store clerk said I should not do the bath during that time of the month. Seeing as how i did a hot foot spell and Lm always cautions to do this bath after. I have 2 questions 1. Is this a true fact ( about the period?) (sorry if I gross anyone out) 2.how long do I have after I have finished the spell to do the bath before I receive backfire from not doing it yet (the bath) ? I haven't done the bath yet afraid of doing something wrong. That time of the month has not finished. I have searched all over the internet but there is nothing stating that fact so I am trying to clarify.

thanks
digglimber

Re: hyssop bath and that time of the month

Unread postby Mama Micki » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:47 am

I really wouldn't worry about what advice a "store clerk" gave you. Go ahead with the bath.

There is no "backfire" from not doing it. It is a traditional cleansing bath.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby digglimber » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:48 am

Thank You sooooo much for responding. I am a worry wort
digglimber

Unread postby birdsong » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:48 am

Seeing how your post was back in November, this reply may be late in coming but perhaps it might be useful for future inquisitors.

The reason the store owner warned you not to use it during your period is because one of the medicinal effects of hyssop is that it increases blood flow to the pelvic area. As a tea, it is sometimes used by women to regulate menstrual cycles and even bring on menstruation. It can also help ease cramps as well (b/c many times cramps are caused by poor circulation down there). In large doses, it can cause too much blood flow and in the case of pregnant women, cause miscarriages. I wouldn't worry too much about using it in a bath because the amount in the LM packet is small and you are not ingesting it. You're simply supposed to pour it over your head...just don't stay in the tub for too long. :)
birdsong

Unread postby jwmcclin » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:51 am

Thanks for the background information birdsong...and that's a very precious picture.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby digglimber » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:43 am

Hello every one,
I haven't been on for some time now, I just wanted to say thank you to mama micki and song bird for the responeses that i received. I hope the New Year brings everyone many blessings.
digglimber

Unread postby Miss Bri » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:24 pm

I want to add one thing about this thread because its something that many of my older clients have shared with me--in many cases it is pretty traditional for a woman to take a Hyssop or other cleansing type bath right after her time of the month is over. You can find parallels to this in many religious traditions where women traditionally bathe to signify the end of their menses and their refreshed and cleansed state.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Hyssop soap?

Unread postby divaluck » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:47 pm

Is there really such a thing as hyssop soap? I'm not sure it would be as effective as washing in the hyssop herb. Thoughts?
divaluck

Re: Hyssop soap?

Unread postby Miss Ida Lundin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Hi divaluck,
This is a Luck Mojo Curio co forum and LM doesn't sell any Hyssop soap, therefore that topic isn't really suitable for this forum. Here is a link to the soaps that LM sells. If you want a cleansing soap I would recommend the Fan Medicated Soap, it is lovely.
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatsoaps.html

But to make a real traditional Hyssop Bath to wash away your sins, here is the link to the real herb:
http://www.herb-magic.com/hyssop.html
Miss Ida Lundin

Re: Hyssop soap?

Unread postby divaluck » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Thanks! I think I will get the Florida Water soap!
divaluck

Re: Hyssop Spirtual Bath Questions and Answers

Unread postby ariela » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:44 pm

ok well, my problem is I live in a big city on the fifth floor.....so I'm confused. is a crossroads any intersection or how do you recommend doing this? thanks
ariela

Next

• Advertisement
Missionary-Independent.org

Return to Baths and Washes in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells