Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

International Orders / International Shipping

Questions, answers, and discussions about the Lucky Mojo Curio Co.
Angel212

How Long to Receive Order?

Unread post by Angel212 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:50 am

Hi,

I wanted to order triple strength nation sack. i ll be paying with my card.

Can you give me a rough idea of how long will the order take since I live in Ireland????

Love angel.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: International Orders / International Shipping

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:09 am

Angel212 -- We fill orders and get them back to the packing department within 48 hours but the USPS only picks up the mail 5 days a week, which can cause delays, depending on the day of the week an order is packed.Once it goes into the USPS system,it can take a week or two to reach a foreign nation, although the average time is less. USPS packages are trackable.
catherine yronwode

Angel212

Unread post by Angel212 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:56 am

Thank you Cat, I have received my nation sack and can't wait to use it.i received it well within two weeks.i have ordered some oils but today I looked at me statement and my order came to 77 used including shipping.i have about 14 or 15 usd bounced meaning it hasn't gone through.i had some unexpected bill that has come through at the same time.i will have my wage in on 19 oct.in my order I requested to send the oils that were in stock and send the rest when ready if not available at the moment.what do I do now.i have to order some other oils I need on fri too .what can I do to correct this please? Regards Angel

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:12 am

Does anyone know how long it takes for an lm order to arrive in the uk? I can't remember how long it took last time, and I need to get to work soon.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:11 pm

Spellyshelly, telephone the shop and ask...or try searching through the forum here to see if that question is answered.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:30 pm

spellyshelly --
There is no one answer because it depends on how much you order and thus how long it takes us to make the items, and how long to pack, and how heavy the boxes are, and so forth.

Most short orders are pulled in 24 hours and shipped within 72 hours. Larger and more complex orders (dozens of one-of-this and one-of-that) may be all pulled in 24 hours but sit on the Lab floor awaiting product being made for two to three days, then go back to shipping. And as i have long noted -- our small-town post office only ships FIVE DAYS A WEEK, so even by best-case scenarios and most rapid turn-arounds, some of the orders placed on a Wednesday, pulled on a Thursday, will only be packed on a Friday after the afternoon pick-up, thus will sit in the Post Office Saturday, can't ship on Sunday either, and will go out on Monday -- 5 days. But the same order placed on a Monday will be pulled Tuesday, packed Wednesday, and ship Wednesday or, even if packed after the Wednesday cut-off time, will still ship on Thurday -- 3 hours.

Now, once they are in the system and on the way to you -- well, to England we're looking at anything from 5 days to ten days. There is no consistency, and customs sometimes holds packages for reasons beyond our knowledge or control.

So, best case scenario -- 8 days. Average scenario --12 days. Worst case scenario, 15 days or MORE.
catherine yronwode

ema

Unread post by ema » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:50 am

Hello everyone , Hello Lucky Mojo

I am from Germany. Today I couldn't take my package. The custom didn't approve it. I had to open the package and they looked inside. They told me they don't know the content of the items and that's why they can't give me the package.

I cried back home not because maybe I will lose the money but more because I didn't get the items. I want so badly to have those items. Is there anyone from Germany who had the same experience?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:53 am

ema -- Thatt's strange -- we ship to Germany all the time and have not heard of tis sort of problem during the 15 years we have been shipping to Europe. Is the customs office returning the package to us? Will they allow you to appeal their decision by contacting us and having us explain what's in the package?
catherine yronwode

ema

Unread post by ema » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:28 pm

Hello Miss Cat,

thank you for your quick reply. Yes, they will send it back to you. I don't know if they will accept to talk to you. They only told me they can't prove the content of the items and that's why I can't have them. They wanted to see the ingredients on the packages. 'As long as we can't see the ingredients writen on packages we cannot accept it' this was what they told me. I don't know why I have such problems. Maybe because I am a foreign here? Or maybe because there was no invoice outside the package? I don't know what should I do.

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi ema

Sorry to hear about your trouble, they should allow you to appeal this decision and maybe they will accept written confirmation of the ingredients if lm sends it to them? Maybe you should tell them to hold the products until they have this instead of shipping the items back and fourth. I received my items to the uk today and they came at the perfect time, I think it's was the universe's way of saying keep your faith and do the work. But they should really inform you of your rights to appeal, I mean for goodness sake lm only uses natural products! Good luck and don't let them push you around!

ema

Unread post by ema » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:32 am

Hey spellyshelly

I will call them tomorrow. I saw your message too late today. I am happy you got your items and hope I will get my items soon too. Thank you and let you know tomorrow what I spoke to them.

Angel212

Unread post by Angel212 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:18 am

Hi ,I need some immediate help please.i I have ordered several times from lucky mojo.today I added some ols and other things to my shopping cart.as I was checking out I couldn't complete it as it said the password was wrong , so I clicked on forgot my password link to change it.it asked me the name of my pet and I entered the answer.as I had only one pet I couldn't have entered any other names.but it didn't work and my account is locked . I am sooooo distressed as I really need to get my order in time.I feel so stupid but may be because of stress I forgot.pleassssseee help me out with this problem Catherine pleasssseeeee :( Angel :(

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:56 am

Hi Angel212 you can email lm at orders@luckymojo.com and the staff will help you with your account and order

Angel212

Unread post by Angel212 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:06 am

I did they have asked me to call the shop.and another member here has helped me put with the phone number as I didn't know where to look.thanks so much for all the help :D. Love Angel :)

natasha76

Unread post by natasha76 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:27 am

ema wrote:Hello everyone , Hello Lucky Mojo

I am from Germany. Today I couldn't take my package. The custom didn't approve it. I had to open the package and they looked inside. They told me they don't know the content of the items and that's why they can't give me the package.

I cried back home not because maybe I will lose the money but more because I didn't get the items. I want so badly to have those items. Is there anyone from Germany who had the same experience?

I am so sad to hear that.today I saw on USPS site (with my tracking number) that my package arrived to my country...I think it will arrive to me in few days.I hope I will not have same problem like you :(

ema

Unread post by ema » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:59 am

Hey everyone. My package was sent back to luckymojo. I had an unfriendly conversation with the custom service. When I asked them if I could get my package if someone will send them the liste with the ingredients, the answer was 'we are not at the marketplace to negociate'. I am very dissapointed and don't know what to do to get my items from luckymojo.

@natasha I wish you good luck. Hope you won't have the same problem. Would you be so kind to let me know if you get your package? Thank you.

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:08 am

Hi ema

I think you must have been unlucky with who handled your parcel, I think you should call the lm shop and talk to them. I'm sure they have protocols in place for when such situations arise.

natasha76

Unread post by natasha76 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:16 am

@natasha I wish you good luck. Hope you won't have the same problem. Would you be so kind to let me know if you get your package? Thank you.

@ Emma
My package arrived yesterday.(and was applied last night on my target,lol) ...everything was in package what was on my order list,it can be noted that the package was opened on customs,but they put everything back in box,taped with tape the way it was and LM product are here ...

ema

Unread post by ema » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:34 am

@ natasha
Happy to hear you got your package. May I ask you something? The invoice was outside the package or inside? And did you have any spell kits ?

@ spellyshelly
Yes, I was very unlucky. :( I will talk to LM to send me the items again. I still hope to get somehow their products.

natasha76

Unread post by natasha76 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:57 am

@ema ,
invoice was inside.in package was oils,sachet powders,hisop herbs and 4"candles and figure candle

ema

Unread post by ema » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Thank you natasha. Wish you all the best.

Hyacinth

Unread post by Hyacinth » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:56 am

Hi Guy,
please i will like to know if i can order, i stay in Nigeria. i will appreciate you reply .

Apollo Dark

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:58 pm

Hyacinth wrote:Hi Guy,
please i will like to know if i can order, i stay in Nigeria. i will appreciate you reply .

Hello Hyacinth,

Lucky Mojo does not Ship to your Country. If you have a friend in South Africa or France, for example, we can ship your order to them. They can then Ship it to you or you can arrange with them how you will receive your order.

You can however order, directly from Lucky Mojo, our Candle Burning Services. Which you can order any of the Lucky Mojo Glass-Encased Candles to be Burned on your behalf.

You can find the Candle Services Here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandleservices.html

Best of Luck to You!
AIRR Member
SID# 1583 Graduated Apprentice

SilverStar

Unread post by SilverStar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:26 am

I just got mail from my customs office and I don't know how to handle this as I never had anything to do with them before. I asked for discreet packaging, maybe that is the problem (as they can't know what's inside?) This is my first order directly from Lucky Mojo, I don't know if there is an invoice in the package, should I tell the customs office to open it and find the invoice inside? (I have to prove it costs less than 22 Euros and it's only a few oils and powders so definitely less than that if we don't count shipping charge...)

I'm so disappointed, was counting on getting these items this week :( :x

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:02 am

SilverStar --

There is an invoice in the package, and, yes, i suggest that having the package sent "discreet" may have tripped their attention. We usually state directly what is inside the box.

I would suggest that you have them open it.

You did not say what country you are living in, so we cannot be sure what the customs department in your nation allows or forbids. As always, we explain that international sales do carry some implicit risks of being messed with by customs departments. It is a rare, unusual occurrance, thankfully, but when it does happen, it is out of our hand, alas.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

SilverStar

Unread post by SilverStar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:43 am

thak you Miss Cat! our customs mostly hold up expensive electronic devices only, so I hope if they see the invoice and that it's not some computer accessory, it will get through.

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:05 am

I got a notification today that my lm order is with the postal services and they are charging me an extra £14.88 to recieve it, I dont really understand this as I paid for postage and I made a big order so I have paid enough already? Can somebody enlighten me?

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:22 am

The fee is supposedly because of missing information by the sender on the declaration, so customs had to inspect the package?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:50 am

Spellyshelly,

We have been shipping to your area of the world for 20 years and this is the first time i have heard of this particular problem.

We would like to help, but without knowing what information was supposedly "missing," we cannot make a move to rectify, protest, or correct any error on our part. Posting about this anonymously on the forum will not help us get this corrected if new regulartions have been put in place in your country, nor will it allow you to get a refund from us if we made an error.

Please get written details from your nation's customs or postal service on what information was missing, with the name of a contact person and an email address to contact them and email the information to the shop at order@luckymojo.com with a note saying "This is for EILEEN."

Thank you.
catherine yronwode

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi Miss Cat

Unfortunately that was all of the information that I was given, this is why I made this post, to see if any light could be shed upon the matter. I have arranged a re-delivery on Friday and if they still refuse to deliver without payment I will request written confirmation and email it, as there is no need for anything to be refunded if they do not press me to pay the fee.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:40 pm

Hopefully all will go well and it will be delivered to you on Friday with no problem. It seems very curious that customs would add a charge to any package, regardless of claims made.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:29 am

Hi Joseph I went to collect the package today and just to notify you guys, customs charge 20% VAT of any package over £15 in order for the goods to be received. So to anyone buying from the uk it may be worth making smaller orders to avoid the VAT costs.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:46 am

Spellyshelly,

Thanks for the update. I am glad to learn that the problem was not that we failed to include essential information on the customs declaration. I understand now that you were simply charged a 20% VAT (value added tax) fee because the value of the package was over £15 -- and that this had never happened to you before as your previous orders were below that trigger-amount.

Many of our customers in your nation have experienced the same issue, and have learned to keep their orders below the £15 VAT line, even going so far as to ask for their large orderx to be broken into several shipments to avoid the tax, because paying for the extra shipping costs entailed by making extra packages is actually cheaper than paying the 20% VAT.

Thanks for clearing this up, and we hope things go well with you in your conjure work!
catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:32 pm

20% VAT...wowzers, that is not a cheap fee at all.
Joseph Magnuson

Unread post by newbie » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:25 pm

silverstar,
Sorry about your order but practically speaking, for whatever reason they really confiscated it, once customs seizes your stuff I don't think anything anybody says will make them release it.

Jfrog

Unread post by Jfrog » Sun May 26, 2013 9:16 am

I just wanted to say that I was finally able to place an order from LM! It's a little shopping spree B-day present from my husband. I'm so excited, especially about Cat's book! I'll let everyone know when I receive it because I live in Indonesia now. :D

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun May 26, 2013 10:11 am

Definitely let us know when it arrives and how you like your items! I always make sure to pick up a lot of new items around my birthday as well. I keep a list of what I am out of, need to re-up on, or want to try working with, then place a big order every few months. It helps me to make lists! :)

Enjoy your package!
Joseph Magnuson

Jfrog

Unread post by Jfrog » Sun May 26, 2013 1:13 pm

Thanks! Yes, I'm trying to build up the required purchases in order to (hopefully) take Cat's Courses. I know shipping is expensive but I don't care. Well worth it! My husband was shocked when I picked an LM shopping spree over a Makeup shopping spree. lmao! Now he knows I mean serious business. ha! Cannot wait to receive my package!

Nerys

Unread post by Nerys » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:50 am

I am in Europe and even my regular post delivery guy warned me to stay under 22.00 euro otherwise is extra VAT tax admin costs. I had this with a fabrics order was few dollars over and ended up paying 23 dollars extra to him he felt sorry for me So I am trying to see now what I can order from the wonderful items at Lucky Mojo and stay under the 22.00 euro. Any UK or EU customers with some tips/advice what to get for a first order from LM? :)

Jfrog

Unread post by Jfrog » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:39 pm

I received my order from LM on the June 19th! I had placed my order on May 25th. I live in Indonesia, and it took less than a month from the beginning of transaction to receiving the goods. I'm so happy. Since my order was over 50 US dollars I had to go pick it up at the post office and pay 15 US dollars. That's it! Beyond worth it - the items are divine. Now, I'm going to get off here and get to studying Hoodoo Herb And Root Magic! :D

catlady88

Unread post by catlady88 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:26 am

Hi,

I recently sent two emails regarding international shipping, particularly using priority mail, to Australia and I'm still waiting to hear back. I used the shipping calculator, and it suggests priority USPS will be around $20, which I am happy to pay.

Can someone please get back to me on whether this estimate is correct and whether or not you will use priority mail? I feel like my email has been ignored.

Kind regards!

MoonSunStar

Ship to Asian Nations?

Unread post by MoonSunStar » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:14 am

Do you ship to Asian countries like Vietnam? How long is the shipping time?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Ship to Asian Nations?

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:08 pm

Yes, we ship to Asian nations.
catherine yronwode

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:50 pm

Hello mis cat i live in guadeloupe french west indies and my order take more than one month to come in my island,i wanna know if i can use fedex cause they working very good and fast here in guadeloupe.Last week i order some cloth pon internet and use fedex.I received it 3 days after.Let me know if i can do it cause more than one month is very long for me when i need some lucky mojo stuff in emergency.Bless u all.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:09 pm

goldentouch97,

I am sorry, but we have had bad experiences with Fed Ex. If a customer refuses to pay the charges (even if the charge is on th Customer's own Fed Ex account), we are hit for the shipping charges.

After the 15th or 20th time this happened, we stopped using Fed Ex.
catherine yronwode

PixiQ

Unread post by PixiQ » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:20 am

Hello!
I just wanted to say how good the customer service is at LMCC, I had money taken out my account that was not matched with the order I made, I emailed them yesterday about the situation and they replied back today already, I expected to wait a few days, but quick response and very helpful, I can vouch that their email is working. Can't wait till i receive my parcels =D (I'm in UK)

Pixi
Thank you St Expedite
Thank you St Michael

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:30 pm

goldentouch97 --

Sorry, we do not use other shipping systems. We have had nothing but trouble whith them and the amount of time wasted at our end on systems like DHL and FedEx International has satisfied us that we have no further use for them, and we use only two shipping systems: United States Postal Service (USPS) and United Parcel Service (UPS).

-----

Thanks for the feedback, Pixi --

The shop is open 7 days a week, and we do try to handle email i a timely manner. Thanks fr the testimonial for the office staff!
catherine yronwode

Wandering_Jew
General tips for Int'l customers?? (esp. Aussies)

Unread post by Wandering_Jew » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:23 am

I'm a newbie and about to place my first order, but being outside the USA makes it a little more complicated.

1) Postage Costs and Ecological Considerations: I mostly need to keep shipping costs down, since postage to my country (Australia) can easily cost more than the products ordered! If I could afford to just order everything I need from LM and cop the postage charge, I would absolutely go for 'one stop shopping', but I can't right now so I'm trying to work out what are the most essential items (ideally all lightweight and small) to order, and what I can find local substitutes for. I'm also a bit of a greenie and don't believe in shipping things halfway across the world if there are good enough local substitutes, so it's an ethical as well as economic matter for me. Plus quarantine laws here are very strict, which adds some more complications.

2) Most Essential Products and Forms of Products: Firstly, I was thinking of mostly getting condition oils and/or powders, since they're small and relatively light, and it seems like those are the most versatile version of the different formulae... is that correct? If you were just getting one product for each condition formula, what would you get?

3) Candles: I can source unscented candles of most colours, sizes and shapes locally (except vigil candles, unfortunately), and candles are relatively bulky and heavy to ship. Is it OK to buy your candles elsewhere / do you usually get the same result?

4) Local Laws Regarding Importation of Botanical Curios: it's illegal to import unprocessed biological matter into my country (Australia) without a special permit, so ordering packets of herbs and other plant and animal curios isn't a good idea, even though they do sometimes get through Customs undetected. It looks like most of the herbs I need are available either through grocery stores, wiccan supply stores, or I can buy seeds and grow my own, or in some cases wildcraft them. Does anyone else who lives outside the US and isn't allowed to import biological matter do this? If so, any tips?

5) weight of Books: the books are one of the other things I can't get locally, and seem pretty essential to me learning more, but I'm worried about weight. I was planning to start with HHRM and cat's candle magic book, plus the black folder and maybe 'Pictorial Guide to the Tarot' (although I can probably get a decent tarot book locally)... but NONE of those are on the weight estimator page! Can someone who has them let me know their rough weights?

6) For Australians: Large Packages Versus Small Packages: Lastly, just for Aussies... if you've ordered a few times, does it usually work out more economical to put in a big order occasionally, or to put in more frequent but smaller orders? i.e. is postage more affordable for a few small packages or one bigger one?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:10 am

Hello, MsSyd,

1) I face the same problem every time i order books, divination cards, or fortune telling tea cups from Australia or New Zealand. It is cheaper to get items shipped from from China. It is cheaper to get them shipped from Turkey. No one can tell me why the rates from Australia and New Zealand to the USA are so high per mile (or, vice versa, why shipping from the USA to those two countries, out of all the nations in the world, are so high). You have my sympathy and, i hope, i have yours.

2) There is a thread here in the forum on "essential" products, to which several customers have contributed. I would also add that if you intend to take my course in the future you should consider making orders that include goods that are on the "required purchases" list.

Basic General All-Purpose Hoodoo Shopping List Suggestions
basic-general-all-purpose-hoodoo-shopping-list-suggestions-t15023s60.html

Required Purchases for the Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course
http://luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

3) With the exception of hand-prepared candles, there is no great difference among candles beyond their aesthetic qualities (important to some magicians, unimportant to others), how well made they are (important to most magicians), and their cost (important to some magicians, unimportant to others).

Aesthetic considerations include:

Colours: I, for instance, am unable to cast love spells with hot neon pink candles. I justwant to "visually puke" when i see them. I also prefer deep red to fire engine red and "money green" to kelly green.

Forms: I hate steroidally deformed men, so male image candles that look like Rambo just gross me out.Likewise i hate ugnly cats (and love pretty cats). My rule is that If an image candle is not pleasing as sculture, i will not use it in magic.

Directions for hand-rolling and dressing candles can be found in my book "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic" and you can make your own hand-prepared candles from any basic taper or pillar candle.

4) Local laws are not uniformly enforced. Some of our Australian customers gamble on that and are glad when certain packages get through. Others are troubled by it. With a copy of my book "Hoodoo Herb an Root Magic," you should be able to shop locally for many things. Others are specific to the USA and if you want to really learn about African American folk-magic, you will need to stop thinking in terms of "sbstitutions" and start thinking in terms of "why am i interested in the folk magic of the American South and how can i study it at such a distance and through substituted species only?" This is a serious question.

5) Judging the value of our books in terms of their weight and shipping costs is ridiculous. Grrrrr. You might as well be judging the weight of stacks of blank paper! The WEIGHT of a book is not an indicator of how many WORDS it contains, nor is the number of words it contains a measure of how valuable those words are in terms of your SELF-EDUCATION. Since you are unfamiliar with our books, i will tell you that they have a reputation for being highly educational, and that most are typeset in 10.25 to 10.5 point type. Every page is tightly typeset, with no widows or orphans in the text. Each chapter ends on the bottom line for the page, with no blank areas at the ends of chapters. We price our books very low, compared to what other publishers charge for similarly-sized books with far fewer words per page. Our 96 page books are $9.00; our 136 page books are $12.00, our 224 page books are $15.00, and our 2-CD sets are $12.00. But in the end, if you determine the value of a book by its WEIGHT, then you would do better just to stick with this free electronic forum and not order any books from us at all. I mean, once you have them, the big, awkward, weighty things, you will need to build bookcases for them, and keep them out of the rain, and keep the rats off of them, and not spill tea on them. Such a fucking BURDEN. Stick to the internet. It's easier and cheaper for you.

6) I think that many Australians have said that small to medium packages are less likely to be stopped in Customs than large or costly packages. Books are almost never stopped by Australian customs. Read previous posts in this thread for more personal experiences.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

Wandering_Jew

Unread post by Wandering_Jew » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:50 pm

Miss Cat,

Thank you so much for the detailed reply, and I'm sorry to have caused offence re asking about the weight of your books.

To be clear: the cost of posting the books to Australia is not a factor in whether I buy them; it's a factor in when I buy them. I need to budget for postage costs, which as you know can be ridiculously expensive between the USA and Australia. So getting a rough indication of the weight of them just means I can go to the USPS postage calculator linked from the LM site and get a rough indication of what I need to budget for the postage costs to get them to me, which will almost certainly be more than the (very reasonable) prices you charge for your books. (I've worked in print production too, so I'm well aware that there's not much markup on your books, beyond what you'd be paying a printer to have them made.)

Weight does factor in whether I buy more general titles (like an introductory tarot guide) from LM, or whether I look for something suitable in a local occult bookstores, but that's not a reflection on the value I place on the knowledge and wisdom contained in the books themselves; it's a reflection on my finances, which have to be very carefully budgeted.

As for making substitutions of plant and animal ingredients, I'm actually not planning to. I've been figuring out how to get as many of the correct ingredients as I possibly can locally, so I can learn more about hoodoo without breaking Australia's strict quarantine laws too often. Many are sold as kitchen spices, but knowing about things like cassia being sold as cinnamon (which I read about on this forum) is important. I've grown red opium poppies in the past so I'm planning to dry some poppy petals myself this summer, and I'm in a state where orris root irises are allowed to be grown, so I'll grow some Queen Elizabeth roots myself. I also found Spanish Moss sold in the local garden centers as 'air plant', so if I need it, I can grow it. The ingredients that I really can't find any way to get locally, I'll take my chances and import. Plus there's no substitute for getting some experience with professionally-made condition oils and powders, mojo hands etc., so I'll have to just hope they're considered processed enough for Customs to let them through.

(The quarantine laws here are a pain in the backside, but they're also important; Australia is an isolated continent with very different flora and fauna to other places, which are very vulnerable to plant and animal pathogens and pests from overseas that they weren't previously exposed to. The reason we're not allowed to import unprocessed biological matter is that it could bring in microscopic critters which are harmless where they came from, but might wipe out whole species here. Or new species of plants can out-compete native plants and devastate local ecosystems; doubly so because native animals often can't eat the introduced species instead of the native ones that were displaced. So as much as I hate Customs here sometimes, I do respect the job they're doing.)

The broader question you asked, of "why am i interested in the folk magic of the American South and how can i study it at such a distance?" is a good one; it does make it harder to study when I'm so far away. I didn't really seek hoodoo out; I stumbled upon it while I was in the South, where I could just wander outside and collect ingredients when I needed to. The main reason I want to keep studying it, is that it works. I've been working with plants for a while, but had very inconsistent results following Wiccan spells and had all but given up. (I'm not saying 'Wicca doesn't work'; just that for whatever reason, that tradition doesn't resonate with me, although the spells in Judika Illes' "Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells" were more reliable than anything else I found.) The traditional hoodoo formulae that I've tried have all done basically what they were meant to, taking into account the inexperience of the practitioner -- i.e. sometimes I don't use them quite right and so the results aren't exactly what I wanted. A rosemary-basil-rue infusion does a better job of getting energetic gunk off me than literally anything else I've tried -- and since getting other people's gunk dumped on me is a persistent problem for me, I've tried a lot. Agua Florida & Agua Kananga work well too. Using herb-magic.com as my reference for putting together my own mixes has been great; I'm getting at least as good results as I do with sigil craft or pure energy (i.e. directed intention) work, which I have a lot more experience with, but it takes a lot less out of me to do it when I can get plants to do a lot of the 'heavy lifting' for me. So far I've just been doing fairly basic work -- cleansing and protection, money-drawing, and love-related stuff -- but the results have been good enough that I'm excited to see what effect the right hoodoo condition formulae could have on some of my bigger life issues. Even the few hoodoo-inspired products I have been able to find here have worked for me, and that's just cheap incense with (what I assume are very watered-down versions of) the 'Road Opener', 'Fast Luck', 'Spirit Guide', 'Money Drawing' condition oils! So I'd rather stick with what's working for me than switch back to other methods that didn't work for me, simply because they're more commonly practiced where I live.

Also, while I'm not in the South right now, I do feel a strong connection to the place. I've spent a lot of time there, my partner is Southern, and being there just seems to agree with me. We'll likely wind up living there again, since he has a huge family there and I don't have strong family ties to anywhere. There's also a small chance that I do have a family connection of my own to the place, since I know very little about my genetic parentage, so where my own roots lie, I don't know. But that's pure speculation.

Thank you for the link to the basic general supplies thread, and all the info about candles; that really helps in working out how I can do things according to tradition, despite being so far away.

PrincessAnna

Unread post by PrincessAnna » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Just curious,
Have you guys had luck shipping to New Zealand before?
Unsure with customs about ordering sachets and stuff :/

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:43 pm

Hello, PrincessAnna,
I have not ever heard of any problems with shipping to New Zealand.
Take care

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator
Spell-Casting for Luck in Lottery Play

Unread post by Mama Micki » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:56 pm

Nana Adams wrote:I am a Ghanaian who ordered a dream book for a fast success in the Ghana national lottery but the products were not delivered base on lucky mojo new policy. I was then directed to join the forum for help. where or who should I contact?

If Lucky Mojo does not ship to your country, you need to call or email them. They may be able to refund your payment.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Nana Adams

Ordered dream book; don't think LM ships to Ghana

Unread post by Nana Adams » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:05 pm

I am a Ghanaian who ordered a dream book for a fast success in the Ghana national lottery but the products were not delivered base on lucky mojo new policy. I was then directed to join the forum for help. where or who should I contact?

myriamss5

NEWBIE payment questions

Unread post by myriamss5 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:36 pm

HELLO EVERYONE,

I'm new here and already in love with all the products :D .
I live in Canada and the shipping price is not showed but someone told me it will be around 40-50 bucks.
For not having a normal credit card i'm using a prepaid credit card. My question is,

1- is it possible to pay the shipping rate with a different prepaid credit card than the one used to place the order
when you will be proceeding the shipment :?:

thank you very much for your help :D :roll:

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: NEWBIE payment questions

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:17 pm

Welcome to the forum myriamss5. You should call the shop to get the answers to your questions. Someone from the shop may/or may not read this post, so give them a call.
707-887-1521
Open 7 Days a Week, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Pacific Time
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Asha7

shipping to france

Unread post by Asha7 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Dear All,

I am posting this because I have not found my answer anywhere.

I am living in Paris, France in which most hodoo herbs are very hard to come by indeed.
Therefore I would like to order some stuff from the online Luckymojo store.

So I have gottent two questions : How long does an order take to reach Paris, France?
and what is the international shipment fee to be paid ? It is not clear to me ...
Is it to be determined once it arrives at Paris at th Post Office in order to withdraw the material or is it directly taken at the source when we order online?

Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers

Asha7

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:10 pm

Hello, Asha,
Please e-mail these questions directly to the store
orders@luckymojo.com
If you don't get answers (which I know you will because they are expeditious on answering everybody) let us know
Take care

MoonSunStar

Shipping to Vietnam

Unread post by MoonSunStar » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:26 pm

Hi.
Can someone tell me how much the shipping costs to Vietnam if I want to buy these products: stay with me spell kit, love me oil, reconciliation oil, 4' dozen red candles, 4' dozen pink candles. I can't see the shipping cost. I remember from last time that I ordered, the shipping cost was almost as much as the cost for the items! I never even received the items due to some shipping problems! I was only refunded the money for the items, but not the shipping cost. How long will it take to ship to Vietnam too? Thanks

Miss Aida
Re: Shipping to Vietnam

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:05 pm

Hello, MoonSunStar,
You would have to e-mail the shop and ask them
order@luckymojo.com
Best wishes.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “General Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Matters”