Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Intro

Amethyst77
Newly Registered

Intro

Unread post by Amethyst77 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:00 pm

Hi. My name is Lecia. I am also on Dr. K's MyHoodooSpace and am a bit of a lurker on some email lists and I have known about this forum for a long time since it comes up in so many of my searches on Hoodoo. I'm happy to say that I have found much to learn from both the forum and the site. I don't really know why I never joined, but I guess now the time is right. I am a 33 year old woman with a husband, a daughter, and one more on the way and I moved to New Mexico this year from Texas. With the help of Hoodoo, I'm working on a lot of money issues, have already overcome some marital issues, and I am very optimistic about the future.

I have been a Pagan Witch for 12 years and my practice has been mostly of the Hedge Witch variety, influenced by Chaos Magic. As I have been learning about Hoodoo for the past 3 years, I have felt a connection closely with my ancestors. I don't know that any of my family were workers of any kind, but there is a feeling that I get that I can't quite explain that makes it familiar, as if it has always been part of me. I'm the daughter of a Baptist pastor, have Cherokee, Apache, Irish, and other European ancestors. My family and all of my immediate ancestors are/were Baptist, however, and I honor that as well out of respect for them. I am, by no means, a "Christian-Pagan", but the religion gave many of my family comfort. For the past 7 years I have been dedicated to Isis.

I want to make it clear that I respect the traditions of Hoodoo, and do not wish to water it down by mixing things that don't belong. I know there are other people who practice Hoodoo that are Pagan, and/or eclectic practitioners of magic, and I'm interested in how they are able to keep a proper perspective and balance to be respectful of the traditions they follow. I've managed the past 3 years through my Chaos studies by "changing paradigms" (when in Rome...), and that has worked, but I would still like to know how others do it to see if I can improve how things work both in theory and practice.

My experience with Pagan Witchcraft and Wicca had too much armchair talk and not enough action. I am not afraid to get my feet wet and work some magic, and do not believe that doing magic will somehow make me less spiritual. For me, magic and spirit work together hand in hand. Although I consider myself Pagan as a label, I am leaning more towards "spiritual, not religious". I hope that the point of view that I take is at least tolerated here. I don't want to offend the idea of what traditional Hoodoo is or should be.

I think I'm a pretty decent Tarot reader. I've been doing free readings for strangers in chat situations for years, and have been quite helpful and accurate, but hardly ever read for anyone in person. I'm very shy about my magical life and I'd like to gain some confidence.

I've heard many good things about Cat's course and hope that eventually my journey will take me there. Love the LMRH show too!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Intro

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Hello, and welcome.

I slightly edited your post to remove opinions about other people's religions. Please re-read the Forum Rules. Folks can say all they want about how much they love their own religion here, but they are not welcome to use this forum to critique their former religions, their current religions, or the religions of others.

In fact, the whole point of this forum is to educate folks in how to use our Lucky Mojo spiritual supplies, and we are not gonna get into religion unless we are discussing specific prayers and ways of working, most of which will fall into the general religious category of Protestant Christian etc. (Not all -- just most).

More detail about the topic of Hoodoo and Religious Affiliation can be found here:

new-and-confused-t9946.html#p56043
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Amethyst77
Newly Registered

Unread post by Amethyst77 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:12 pm

I apologize. I did not realize I had been critical. Thanks for being patient with me.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:30 pm

Welcome to the forum Amethyst77.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Welcome to the forums!
Thanks and Praise to Dr. Hernandez, St. Jude and St. Anthony for all you have done, and continue to do on my behalf. My eternal thanks to you for your many blessings!

Lady Muse
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lady Muse » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:13 am

Welcome to the forum!
Lady Muse
House of Self Empowerment - AIRR and HP Member - Blue Flag Root Radio

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “2010 Public Forum Introductions”