Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Jack Ball Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo conjure hands, mojo bags, nation sacks, trick bags, tobies, jomos, spell packets, Jack balls, and dolls.
Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Jack Ball Questions and Answers

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:14 pm

Hello, sant430,
Although the blends sound terrific, I have never used these blends.
Hopefully someone has and will answer you
Take care

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:00 am

Good Afternoon Miss Aida!
Thank you for your reply. I'm sure I'll order at least 2 or 3 blends initially for anointing/feeding. I read Miss Cat's Oil blends page again, this time focusing on the narrative intent.

I'm feeling the focus of the blend should be Nature Oil, and Nature Oil has to do with libido and personal power. I think that Nature would blend well with Master Oil, John The Conqueror too. The fourth oil isn't as obvious for me however. I can see how Power Oil would blend with the first three, but I've wondered if Dixie John Oil would blend with the other qualities of the Jack Ball, not to mention that Dixie John is in the Jack Ball. Power Oil does seem to fit the narrative to me tho'.

I know that later on, I'll order a Jack Ball oil blend focusing on the ingredients. Basically, High John, Dixie John, Master Oil, and Lodestone Oil. And I'd like to explore some other Jack Ball Oil Blends.

Has anyone tried using a blend of similar sachet powders for the bag that carries the Jack? I also wondered if sprinkling some Master of the Woods in the bag would be a nice additional oomph as well.

I haven't even thought of what incenses I'd like to use. I am very excited!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:20 pm

Hello, sant430 ,
It's so great to see a creative mind at work!
Did you listen to the Lucky Mojo radio show tonight? If not, I HIGHLY suggest that you do. Topic? Jack Balls!!
Let's see if anyone sees your post and is familiar with your blends (although I still say that they are fantastic.
Keep us posted!
Take care

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:19 am

Good Morning Miss Aida!
I did listen to show! Thank you! Congratulations on the Admin position btw. It was a very good show. I learned alot about Jacks and the history was awesome. I enjoyed Miss Cat's recollection of learning how to make one. Listening to the show just got me even more excited about receiving the Jack.

I run a karate school, and have for some time. For me, I can see many different ways a Jack would be so beneficial for me, my martial expression, the business and overall management aspect of my school, my connections with my students, you name it. You know, one of the things I'm personally excited about, is having it on me while I'm practicing and running my material. That will be something I'll be sure to do especially initially. I"m hoping this will be a strong way to connect to my Jack and allow it to really be an expression of me.

Thank you for the compliments. In addition to my JackBall, I had ordered some other oils, incenses, and powders; one of which is African Juju. After thinking about it, AJJ might blend well with John the Conqueror, Master, and Nature. I'm going to research more about it and compare it with Power.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:53 pm

Hello, sant430,
THRILLED that you enjoyed the show!!

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:49 am

My Jack arrived Monday.

I was like a proud papa waiting for my baby to arrive. :lol: Upon my first contact with him, I automatically felt something. Holding him in my hand, I felt warmer and something like a subtle vibration/buzzing. I completed the bringing to life by smoking him with Master Incense blended with japanese lucky 7, clarity, & money house blessing incense. I could really appreciate the sensation of a talismanic connection never felt before. When I held him by the string to use as a pendulum, it was significantly a stronger pull than any other pendulum I've ever used. I have a smoky quartz pendulum that comes and goes in my life since '91, and that was my strongest pendulum. That smoky quartz is nothing compared to the pull, the vibrations, and the overall 'feeling' of my Jack.

It keeps getting stronger too. I speak to it daily, work it as much and as diverse/creative as I can also on a daily basis. I used it doing a 5-spot in my business/school, as well as swinging also during some incense smoking I did too. I can also see how the intent of the prayer is much stronger with it swinging.

I originally fed it some Hoyt's Cologne, but he said he'd prefer Crown Royal over Hoyt's, so I now have a flask of Crown. I was using him as a pendulum over all of my oils, and he's showing me ones he liked or felt power, as well as the ones that had no juice. Lol he also let me know if some of the oils, powder blends I'd made in the past were either good, or needed some work. I had made a money mojo bag, but it wasn't done as well as it could've, and he also said I had to re-do that bag. Later on, I'm checking my pockets in some pants that had the mojo bag in, and I see small pieces of pyrite & what would be tiny pebbles. They ended up being some ingredients of said $$$ hand! the pebbles were the john the conqueror pieces I had used for the bag. So the hand needs to be re-done, as I was told; this time, with much more care too.

I'm starting to see how it's really a true extension of a person. There's a lot of potential with that.

This is a wonderful wonderful curio that Lucky Mojo offers. Especially for the cost, it is simply awesome. If you don't have one, I highly recommend it. You won't regret it!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Hello, sant430,

You're always so uplifting and always have something educational to share with us.

You're a wonderful asset to all of us.

Thank you

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:49 pm

Thank you very much Miss Aida for your kind words! :D

I sometimes wonder if I ramble on too much lol. I usually do when I get excited about something. :lol:

chariotgina
Newly Registered

Unread post by chariotgina » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:31 am

Hi,

I got my Jack ball few months ago, since then, i feed it with Whiskey regularly (at least one time each week).
Normally, before i do the petition, i will dress few drops Whiskey and circle it to try to wake it up.
The problem is from the start (the first time to act the Jack) i really have no feeling to connect with it.

Does anyone has suggestion for my situation?

PS. long time ago, when i using the crystal Pendulum for divination, it had the same situation, no movement, no feeling.
So, normally i can only use Tarot for divination.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:18 pm

Hello, chariotgina,

Hmmm, that's strange.....

You might want to try keeping it close to you skin for a week (while sleeping with it under your pillow.

Then, if there's still no connection, ask a rootworker to find out what is going on.

www.hoodoopsychics.com
OR
http://readersandrootworkers.org

But, try my suggestion first and see what happens

Wishing you the best

Take care

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:59 pm

I'm working with my Jack every day. I've been giving him either Hoyt's Cologne or Crown Royal (lately, more the latter) at least weekly, and giving various oils if he asks for them. I'm understanding him much better as a pendulum, too. As a pendulum, he responds like no other pendulum I've had. I've never used any type of dowsing rod/equipment, but I can feel a pull that feels like its searching or smelling for something. I really appreciate cultivating the connection I have with him. I can feel his energy more and more every day. He's awesome! :D

One thing I have been lax with, is anointing the convenient carrying bag. I want to make sure I'm anointing the bag consistently too. I seem to forget to do this. :cry: I've used various single oils, and a psychic blend before. Today, I used Attraction blended with COS, Love Me, and a Money Blend to anoint the four corners of the bag, my wish paper, and the crown (the thread attaching the crown ruptured, so I just keep him in the bag. I used those four because they work well with what's on my wish paper. With Lil Santiago being an extension of me, I thought some Deer's Tongue (for eloquence in speech, luck in love) and Sampson Snake Root (Strength, Respect, Sexual Health) in the carrying bag wouldn't hurt either.

After dressing my bag and pocket piece, I found myself working on MissMichaele's fall in love with learning to take my work and rootwork to the next level. That one's in the KSW bath crystal Question & Answers thread!

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:01 pm

chariotgina wrote:Hi,

I got my Jack ball few months ago, since then, i feed it with Whiskey regularly (at least one time each week).
Normally, before i do the petition, i will dress few drops Whiskey and circle it to try to wake it up.
The problem is from the start (the first time to act the Jack) i really have no feeling to connect with it.

Does anyone has suggestion for my situation?

PS. long time ago, when i using the crystal Pendulum for divination, it had the same situation, no movement, no feeling.
So, normally i can only use Tarot for divination.

Hi Chariotgina,
Can you please keep us posted regarding your situation?

I hope you can find a solution

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:41 am

I've been thinking that it was time for me to re-do my wish paper and yesterday kinda rolled into that day. I dressed the metal decorative crowns as well as the wish paper and was powdered with a sachet blend and an X from the ashes of my first wishpaper. I'm very pleased with how my paper turned out :lol:

Then I was trying to remove the twists and twirls on the thread (I don't know if I should just leave the string all twisted/twirled up or I should try to 'smooth' it out). I was holding my Jack so the string was hanging straight down, and I noticed that when my hands weren't near the string, it was moving on its own - just like a pendulum. I NEVER thought to try flipping a pendulum upside down to see what would happen. It wasn't as steady, due to obvious mass and physics, but it was circling as if magnetized - the string was 'straightened' too. I don't know how else to describe it, but it wasn't straight like a string hanging due to gravity should be straight.

I really REALLY appreciate this wonderful gift. It's still continuing to surprise me with how potent it really is.

:D

eben74
Forum Member

Unread post by eben74 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:39 pm

So, as I had mentioned in another post, I have found my jackball and we are back on a pretty good relationship. Although, it might also be the bourbon that it gets every time I pull it out of the bag too. :) Okay.. so, my question is this.. how much of the jackball's energy is pulled from the universe and things in progress vs just my wishful thoughts? I have asked my jackball many questions with varying yes and no answers.. and then I have calibrated my questions into semi specific times. Not necessarily days.. but as to month and year. Now, I realize that everything is on a "current" course and things I do down the road can change that course. But, has anyone experienced asking pretty specific timeframes answered by the Jackball and them actually happening down the road?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:18 pm

Hello, eben74,

Yes, of course that happens!!

Not 100% of the time, but pretty frequently

take care

eben74
Forum Member

Unread post by eben74 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:27 pm

Oh yeah.. so, I guess my real question is.. the jackball is answering questions. How much of it is really my thoughts and wishes going into it and how much is really just coming in from out in the open air of energy? So, if I ask.. just for example.. if my sister will remarry in 2017. How much is that just me wanting her to be happy versus the current energies when it gives me a yes answer? Some answers it constantly gives the same answer.. which is a great answer to that specific question, but it is also an outcome I would like too.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:18 pm

Hello, eben74 ,

I cannot possibly answer that question. Only you can answer this question: through experience.

Try reading books on pendulums and you'll be given exercises to help you achieve mastery and knowledge of how to read accurately: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html

Take care

7th_Son_of_7th_Son
Forum Member

Unread post by 7th_Son_of_7th_Son » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:24 am

Greetings and Salutations!

I Just placed my first order at LMC!! HuaaaH!

My question is:

I ordered a Master Hand, but I am a blues bass player and wanted to have a phalange added to it as well as something for psychic vision enhancement.

Can this be done? If so, How?

Thank you for your insightful replies,

7th
Thank you Jesus,St.Joseph,St.Anthony,Santa Barbara,Ochun,Elegua,Oldumare,for all your many blessings

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:59 am

Hello 7th_Son_of_7th_Son,

The Master Hand or Jack Ball comes complete as is. It will arrive with a bag to carry the Jackball you may consider purchasing a Finger Bone to place in the bag also.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:18 am

Great idea Papa Newt. I didn't think of putting other curios in the bag carrying the JackBall. I'll have to do more research. Thank you for the input, and thank you, 7th_Son_of_7th_Son, for the post. :)

7th_Son_of_7th_Son
Forum Member

Unread post by 7th_Son_of_7th_Son » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:32 pm

GREETINGS AND BLESSINGS TO ONE AND ALL!

I have been reading the Jack Ball posts and probably not enough after this NEWBIE post...lol

I have not received my Jack Ball just yet, but, I would like to know since i am a Blues musician, should I get a phalange also for the bag?

Before I knew of a Jack Ball, I thought I needed (and bought)
Whole High John Root wrapped in $2.00 Bill
Buckeye
LodeStones
Hoyt's Cologne
Amethyst Crystal
Juniper Berries
Alleged Black Cat's Bone
Althea
Magnetic Sand
Pyrite Chunk
(Didn't see Alligator's Tooth available on the LMC site)
Is it advisable to add any or all of these items to my bag? Or is this overkill?

What should I expect when it arrives? I have never used a pendulum before....?
Thank you Jesus,St.Joseph,St.Anthony,Santa Barbara,Ochun,Elegua,Oldumare,for all your many blessings

7th_Son_of_7th_Son
Forum Member

Unread post by 7th_Son_of_7th_Son » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:23 pm

Thank you Papa Newt, I will do that. Thank you and Santiago for taking the time to read my post. I just recently discovered how to reply, and that I have replies.... typical newb I guess

7th

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:42 pm

Hello, 7th_Son_of_7th_Son ,

I would encourage you to call the shop and discuss this with them. Ask them if they can include this n your jack bal.. Lucky Mojo will custom order anything.

I'm not sure tat you are sure of what this actually is. Call them at:

707-887-1521

They will be more than happy to answer your questions and you can ask them what they can and cannot include in your jack ball

take care

Nidia

Unread post by Nidia » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:06 am

So, I wanted to ask. Has anyone ever been PROTECTED by their jackball? I wanted to share my story-

In my petition, I had written something around the lines of we shall fear no evil,the lord is with us,we feel his presence (my little one and I). Well, a few days ago, I traveled via bus with the little one as I usually do to visit family in another town. well, at the bus stop, there was this old man in a nice red car just STARING at me. he looked at me and waved, and not to be rude (and because i had to stand there to wait for the bus) I waved back.
this man GOT OUT OF HIS CAR, and walked right up to me and my little one and the first things out of his mouth was "where are u from, where are you going, DO YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND OR HUSBAND??!" now my creep radar was on high alert, and i kept my answers short and general. " im from here, im going somewhere else, im single because I want to be" he kept pushing the "boyfriend husband thing" when finally I snapped and said "Sir, the reason I am single is because I do not need a man to support me, I am more interested in providing the best life I can for my child and advancing my career" I said this with such might, power, point blank shot way that the man backed up, got in his car, and left. I was afraid, but amazed that he backed off, it was almost "break his head open with my laptop" tension-wise. lol.
then ON the bus, there was another man, just STARING AT ME, talking loudly on his phone (talk to text) About his tantric experiences, etc etc, which is just wow, like really? and when he was not speaking it was point blank staring at me like a piece of prey.
Finally, when we got to the town, i was waiting til all the passengers, (including him) were off the bus. he dint move, so i let my little one go ahead of me for safety, and as soon as I got up he said hello, and told me i looked "good" and "beautiful" and i kind of just said thanks and shrugged him off, trying to keep my kid safe. but again, the way I spoke was STERN, and the reaction was like a shot to end all shots u know?
powerful stuff. I felt in danger and was safe.
I spoke with strength, which, if you know me, is not how i normally am. its amazing because when i ordered it, I had asked for more "oomph" in the protection department in my comment box lol. LM DELIVERED!!!!!!

Now Im wondering about the jack, i usually spin her clockwise to bring, and counterclockwise to repel. is this correct?

and she rests on a marble tile, the finest quality available, in the center of a triangle of 3 mercury dimes. next to all my wealth and prosperity work. Having been out of town (but having brought my mail with me which included lodestone grit and pyrite grit) i felt compelled to place her on a bag of pyrite for the night, then on a bed of the lodestone grit. why is this? It felt incredibly strong this morning upon removing her from her "bed" of lodestone, strong enough I got a tremor from the energy. Is this normal??

in any case, an amazing item to have in your arsenal. seriously. Im still learning how to use her, (and any tips are appreciated) but its proven its worth.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:08 pm

Hello, Nidia,

Holy cow!! You are really bonding and connecting with your jack ball! WONDERFUL WONDERFUL!

Your unique experiences and communication should not be questioned. Enjoy and learn from it.

Then, teach us from your experiences.

GREAT job!

Nidia

Unread post by Nidia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:38 am

Hi Miss Aida :) Im glad this is a good sign, I really "Feel" and "hear" (more like thoughts that come to mind that dont feel like my own, i guess is the best way to describe it?) her and her needs. Its exciting to work with her! thank you!

Dave71us
Forum Member

Unread post by Dave71us » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:09 am

I purchased a LM jack ball about 2 years ago. I followed the instructions and worked it for a couple of weeks.
Then it went into my closet until 1 week ago I started to wake it with daily whiskey and working it daily for luck and power and using it as a pendulum.

I am having bad luck instead!!

Yesterday I got ticketed by a cop for the first time in 27 years.

Today my car battery went dead.

I'm starting to wonder if my jack ball has turned on me. Is that even possible or is this run of bad luck just coincidence.

Help.

Dave71us
Forum Member

Unread post by Dave71us » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:00 pm

I bought my three johns jack ball a little over a year ago.

I worked him for a couple of weeks and then he wound up in the closet.

Last week I decided it was time to wake him up. So I began to feed him bourbon whisky every day and work the jack ball for luck and mastery.

My luck has never been worse. Especially this week: a traffic citation (first one in 27 years), dead battery stranded for two hours, trouble at work, finding out about gossip about me at work, important papers getting lost. That's just this week. It's something every day.

I have used the jack ball for divination esp. to try and find out what he needs. He's been giving some inconsistent answers.

I know it seems crazy but it's as if the jack ball has turned on me. I get that feeling.
I keep the jack ball on me all the time. He stays in his little bag.
Should I keep him somewhere else? Should I try feeding him something else?

Should I pamper him?

I'd appreciate any advice you all could give me.

Dave.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:09 pm

Hello, Dave71us ,

It is definitely not going to work against you.

It sounds to me like it's dead.

I'd bury this one and have a new one made: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatmojo.com

Wishing you the very best

Dave71us
Forum Member

Unread post by Dave71us » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:45 pm

Thanks so much.
Should I bury it in my own yard?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:07 pm

Hello, Dave71us ,

If the jack Ball was to bring you something, bury it in the front yard.
To keep something with you, bury it in the back yard

Take care

sirnotterwhal
Forum Member

Unread post by sirnotterwhal » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:21 am

Hello all!

I'm just beginning on my journey of learning rootwork and I'm hoping maybe someone here can answer my question!

I've been reading about Jack Balls in particular and I've noticed sometimes it calls for something that basically contains the target's DNA. For example the Love Me or Die calls for their hair. Let's say the target is bald and has a beard but is someone that doesn't speak to you anymore. Can something else be substituted? Like if you have a beer bottle they drank out of so you know some of their saliva is in the remnants. Could that be used instead? And if a substitute can be used, is there some kind of standard in general to know when something can be substituted or not? What I mean is if a certain rootwork calls for a fingernail you know that hair can always be used instead but if it calls for hair it can't ever be substituted?

I hope that makes sense as to what I'm asking! Of course I would always try to have exactly what is called for but as a just in case type thing I wouldn't want to do something wrong in a pinch!
Thank you!!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:01 pm

You are wrong if you think that this is about "DNA." Folk magic has its own set of beliefs and trying to force them to accord with modern science is not necessary. According to malk magic beliefs, a fingernail (a poor source of DNA) is more valuable than the rim of a cup which may contain traces of saliva (a good source of DNA. We are looking for a physical trace, not a CSI case.

Likewise, your idea of "substituting" is based on a kind of rule-making that does not accord with historical or contemporary premises in hoodoo. You work with what you have, and in many cases, the elaboration of getting the material (ten fingernail trimmings, ten toenail trimmings, and three hairs, for example) is exemplary of the artistry of the spell casting.

You will not "do something wrong" if you decide not to work according to the customs and beliefs of hoodoo -- you will just be doing something else, and incidentally, something which may not be particularly effective.

There is a long list of personal concerns and their perceived intimacy-value in my book Hoodoo in Theory and Practice." It is in the entry for "Personal Concerns."

See also the thread on Personal Concerns in this forum:

Personal Concerns (Hair, Photo, Name) Questions and Answers
personal-concerns-hair,-photo,-etc-ques ... t9215.html

And remember, not all spells can be done by everyone.
catherine yronwode

sirnotterwhal
Forum Member

Unread post by sirnotterwhal » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:23 pm

Thank you!
I guess the term DNA wasn't exactly correct. The way it had been explained to me was hair especially contains the person's DNA which would be considered to be a more pure essence of the person because it can't be denied as belonging to someone.

I'll definitely check out the personal concerns section!

I definitely want to learn all I can but I'm not certain yet if I want to attempt spells. I recently was given several of my grandmother's and great grandmother's grimores and journals and all but unfortunately they passed before I was born. So I know I come from a long line of rootworkers but it remains to be seen if I have inherited any of their gifts! :-)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:14 pm

Hello, sirnotterwhal,

You may want to consider the Course that Miss cat teaches. It's fantastic! www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

And you will learn A LOT !!!

Take care

Topical envii
Forum Member

Unread post by Topical envii » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:46 pm

This is my first time purchasing something like this. I see that it is traditional to feed your three johns jack ball with whiskey amongst nature oil or other oils or urine depending upon your intent. I was wondering if the whiskey needed to be straight whiskey or could it be a whiskey honey liqueur mix like Jack Daniels Honey. Reason why I ask this is because I wanted the honey part to "sweeten" the requests especially when it comes to love. Could I use the Jack Daniels Honey with anticipation of a better response?
Please help. Im new to this and all help would be greatly appreciated

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:31 pm

Hello, Topical envii ,

It's traditional to use straight whiskey.

But, this sounds like a good idea. If you're wiling to give it a try and see what happens, please keep us posted on the results.

I'm curious

Take care

Topical envii
Forum Member

Unread post by Topical envii » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:41 pm

Thank u so much. I will purchase both and see which she likes.

jayfreshie
Forum Member

Unread post by jayfreshie » Fri May 20, 2016 6:28 pm

About a month ago I made myself a Jack ball. I LOVE IT! I am shocked at the connection I felt with it immediately! But there is a sad note to this story. I made it using metallic embroidery thread. It looked really great when it was done... but the thread is all breaking and coming apart. It will only be a matter of time before my boy is torn up. :(

My question is. Can I take the "heart" out of the ball and re build the "Body" ? (Basically remove the wrapping and save the core, then re wrap it with better cord.)

Would that be doable or best to just start over from scratch once he finally breaks up?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri May 20, 2016 8:16 pm

jayfreshie --

First, what you did is one of those "i learned it on the internet mistakes" that are all too common these days. You need to connect to the community and get a real teacher if you are making Jacks. Also at least read this web page, from a book published in 1893, describing the way a worker made a jack about 125 years ago:

http://www.southern-spirits.com/owen-ho ... balls.html

After you read that, you might understand that reworking or reviving the Jack is possible, but you will have to test it to see if you caught the spirit in it or if it has died on you. If it is dead, give it a decent burial and start again.
catherine yronwode

Asturias
Forum Member

Unread post by Asturias » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:46 pm

Hello everyone.

I've just read this article on southern-spirits, the accounts of folklorist Mary Alicia Owen (http://www.southern-spirits.com/owen-ho ... balls.html) on Jack Balls, and several aspects were left quite unclear to my understanding. I would be very grateful if someone would be so kind in solving some of these questions.

For instance, in one of the editor's notes it is explained, from the text, that "[Tin foil for the spirit being called into the jack ball, hair (or red clover) as a magical link to the ball's owner, dirt from where the river sand meets the clay bank (see below) to run off or blind enemies.]". There is certainly a lot to unpack, there, but first of all.

1) If I understand it correctly, that red clover is used to enhance the connection to the target, so that actual traces aren't needed. Is this accurate? I had never seen this attribution before, and the editor seems quite comfortable with it.

2) Furthermore, what in the purpose of the tin foil in this Jack Ball recipe? how does tin foil relate in any manner to spirit work, and particularly, to this sort of spirit work?

3) And finally. What are the logics - the spiritual attribution, that is - to the dirt from "where the river sands meet the clay bank"?

I am particularly interested in the red clovers, as carried by Lucky Mojo Co, if they can indeed be an efficient substitute to a strong trace such as body hair.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:59 pm

asturias

I am the one whose editorial notes you are referencing.

1) This use of Red Clover as a substitute for a personal concern is unique in the literature. Quassia Bark is also sometimes used in the same way

2) In African (Congo) magic, tin foil, reverse-painted glass, and mirrors are used to "catch the spirit"

3) This relates to the Celtic prayer to which the worker, King Alex, was referring.

Remember, in actual practice this worker would have had full access to a hair of the party. It was highly unusual that a white woman would ask for a Jack to be made in Missouri on someone unknown who was living in Europe. King Alex was improvising as best he could, given the circumstances.
catherine yronwode

Asturias
Forum Member

Unread post by Asturias » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:58 pm

Thank you, Miss Cat!

I always find southern-spirits to be so very instructive. Although not quite aligned to modern practice, serves as a mean to understand the work concepts in depth, and gives out some wonderful work insights. My favorite cleansing bath, righy now, is something I came accross on Hyatt's accounts; gunpowder, salterpeter and a bit of sugar. So very effective! Even though I have to be careful dilluting in well, due to the powder. I do realise this isn't in the Jack Ball topic, but I feel inclined to ask for the ponderation of the forum moderation in this matter. I'd like to express my gratittude towards this remarkable repertoir of hands-in spiritual knowledge that you've personally organised and made available to the public, which has come to build into my own spiritual practice directly. Thank you, ma'am.

Sabbyboo
Forum Member

Unread post by Sabbyboo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:03 am

Hello all!
First time thinking of having a custom made Jackball made by LM. I'm super excited but also slightly terrified! I feel like it will let me know what it needs, so that doesn't make me nervous, but what does is how many ways can I use it? I've spent a few days doing research and reading through old posts here but I still haven't quite grasped the idea. Can I use it for more than just one purpose or do all of my "wishes" (for lack of a better term) need to be in same field. I.e, one Jackball can be used for attaining prosperity and wealth and then I'd have to use a completely new Jackball for attaining power and command, and another Jackball for love and attraction. Or are you able to use it for everything? Also, am I able to write a petition paper for someone else and place it in the mojo bag. For example, am I able to write a petition paper for husband to attain financial wealth and place it in MY mojo bag with my Jackball?
I'm sorry for so many questions. This seems to be the main thing I'm confused on, at this point, and can't seem to find an answer. Thank you so much.

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:20 am

Hi Sabbyboo,

Like a mojo bag, you would want your jackball to target a specific desire in your life, like wealth or romance. I would not ask one jackball to address multiple wishes any more than I would expect one mojo hand to help me with everything I desire. Keep your work focused and single minded as that is the best way to optimize success.

Why not petition for the wealth of your family rather than specifically your husband, even if he were the sole breadwinner? Keep it simple.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC #1909G

Sabbyboo
Forum Member

Unread post by Sabbyboo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:25 am

Miss Athena,
Thank you so much! Yes. That makes much more sense to me and thank you for simplifying it for me. I'm a stay-at-home-mom to two very little boys, so if you can imagine, my brain is not working at full capacity at times haha
Thank you so much, again!

TristanRchrd
Newly Registered

Unread post by TristanRchrd » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:09 am

Hi there

I purchased a Three John Roots Jack Ball earlier this year (around May time) and have followed the instruction, but have found that it was seen by a very negative person in my household, even though i work with the instructions to the letter and follow what is said, the Jack ball is not helping me manifest what I have been working for, it's now been 7 months and I'm not asking for the world.

Is it possible that I may be doing something wrong with my Jack ball, I do use it as a pendulum as stated in the instruction and try to carry it with me wherever i go but with all the negative vibrations in the household i am in, i am wondering if this is causing a problem for the effects of the Jack Ball to do its work with me, it's warmed and fed with Nature Oil and Sandalwood incense every other day as i focus on what I need to accomplish.

Any advice or guidance on if i am doing something incorrect or if the negativity in the house is preventing the Jack Ball from doing what it needs to do would be great, is there any alternative to how i am working with it, when i first got it, the energy from it was astounding, now it feels dead or dormant as if the life has been sucked out of it.

This is the worst possible time for me to have problems with my Jack Ball so any advice or guidance here would be gratefully appreciated, please let me know if you need more information.

Blessings

Tristan

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:21 pm

Hello, TristanRchrd ,

Unfortunately, it does sound like it's dead.

Most likely, what you have described.

I am sorry

TristanRchrd
Newly Registered

Unread post by TristanRchrd » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:55 am

Hello, Miss Aida

Thank you for the quick reply, I appreciate your advice on this.

Kind regards

TristanRchrd

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:48 pm

The Art of Making Mojos by catherine yronwode is ready for orders. I think you all will like it. Shipping April 16th, 2018:

BOO-GRI-MOJO
The Art of Making Mojos, by cat yronwode
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Mojo Hands, Conjure Bags, Jack Balls, and Doll Babies in Hoodoo”