• Please visit our Occult Sister-Sites
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Juniper Berries Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.

Juniper Berries Questions and Answers

New postby wraithklewn » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:09 pm

i had a curiosity on this herb. do these have to be ripe and bluish in color to be used? i know when they grow they are green at first and ending in blue when ripe. im trying to figure out its proper use as an herb in hoodoo
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate # 1684G
wraithklewn

Re: juniper berries?

New postby Devi Spring » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:28 pm

They are dried when ripe/blue and then used.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

New postby catherineyronwode » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:55 pm

See the "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" book entry on Juniper Berries for usage.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

New postby Joseph Magnuson » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:58 pm

The juniper berry entry in HRRM is a very interesting read...

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

New postby wraithklewn » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:02 pm

i gotta get Ms. Cat's book! thank you all for advice on the berries. i was looking at the herb magic site and read about these berries and other things. juniper berries and balm of gilead stuck out at me... when i was growing up the house i lived in had both of these right in my front yard next to eachother!!
both of these plants had the space of a half acre or so. the house now owned by others had cut down all of this and it made me sad....
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate # 1684G
wraithklewn

New postby cognitivedissonance » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:34 pm

Has anybody tried the juniper/whiskey trick? How's the taste?
cognitivedissonance

New postby Turnsteel » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:00 pm

cognitivedissonance wrote:Has anybody tried the juniper/whiskey trick? How's the taste?

Like whiskey, mostly, but you can definitely taste the juniper berry's.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

New postby Sebastien » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:57 pm

So it would be a little like gin flavored whiskey then?
Sebastien

New postby jumanja » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:30 pm

I used to make my own Juniper Berry wine and I got no complaints. I gave it out as gifts LOL! ;)
jumanja

New postby Turnsteel » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:39 pm

Sebastien wrote:So it would be a little like gin flavored whiskey then?

Not exactly, a lot of other flavors go into gin, but yeah, its kinda like that,lol.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Hot Mama Douche!!!!!!!!

New postby highheels » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:12 pm

Hello and Greetings to all , i have a question in regards to lil LOVE POTION SPELL i found in my "HOODOO HERB AND ROOT MAGIC BOOK", i had bought from Lucky Mojo years back. It's the Juniper berries potion or the "HOT MAMA DOUCHE".

I use to do this from time to time when i worked as a dancer and let me tell u ITS EVERYTHING THAT ITS SUPPOSE TO DO AND THEN SOME!!!!! But i had stopped doing it because i found it made me so dry down there. so my question is, in the book it doesn't really say equal parts of how to measure how much vinegar to use ( i know i was using way too much) in the potion. what i did was take a handful of berries put them in a bottle then pour vinegar to fill an 8 ounce water bottle, hide it in a dark place for 1 month then take out and douche away.

Can i use that douche everyday i shower?

Does anyone know (maybe Miss Cat) exactly how much berries, how much vinegar i should put in the bottle?

LADIES TRY THIS, GRANTEE ALL EYES WILL BE ON YOU THAT NIGHT! :)

I await to get the correct measurement for the potion. I plan to go back to work so this will help alot along with my oils.

Thanks in advance ,

Highheels
highheels

Re: Hot Mama Douche!!!!!!!!

New postby MaryBee » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi there;

According to the recipe given in the book, you're supposed to dilute the douche with warm water. The vinegar is probably what's drying you out.

I would use no more than 1tablespoon (3 teaspoons) of the Douche water mixed with warm water and don't use it daily. If you're having any irritation, foul discharge, etc, please see a doctor or nurse practitioner (nurse here!)

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.
MaryBee
Forum Moderator

New postby highheels » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Thank you, :oops: :oops: :oops: . Its wasnt a foul smelling problem, i just notice it made me dry but ill take your advice because i was obviously doing it wrong. MY mix was half potion to half warm water in a reusable douching bottle i bought at the drug store.

So Miss Mary Bee, just once for that whole bottle of potion??? Im gonna make some so next month it should be ready.

Also should i wait till the moon is waxing to do this or say a special prayer with this?

Sorry if im asking a lot of questions but i read alot on hoodoo & use it in my daily life but im still honestly learning everyday.

Blessings, Sincerely,
Highheels
highheels

New postby catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:12 pm

A regular douche, for dainty cleanliness, is 1 - 2 teaspoons vinegar (in this case, vinegar in which you have steeped the Juniper berries) to 2 cups of warm water.

A strong douche, to cure virulent yeast infections, is never meant to be stronger than 4 teaspoons of vinegar to 2 cups of warm water (or 2 teaspoons of live yoghurt to 2 cups of warm water) and should not be used more than three days in a row.

Never douche with more than 2 cups of water plus the appropriate amount of vinegar at one time.

I thought everyone's mother told them this stuff....

Guess not, LOL!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Re: Juniper Berries Questions and Answers

New postby highheels » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:04 am

Thanks for the info Ms Cat, but to be honest here i've never made a kitchen douche so to speak. I'm a douche fanatic :D :D keeping it real i simply buy the 4a pack boxes from Walmart ( i actually have almost a dozen in the bathroom right now lol). i only had a yeast infection once in my life when i was pregnant with my daughter and my ObGyn simply gave me a prescription for Monistat and 2 days after it was gone. I guess that's like a modern day girl kinda take on life..??

Everyone around me tells me i have obsessive-compulsive disorder, meaning i over do everything, ex vinegar douche :) (house has to be spotless, i always have to well put together even before going to bed i do a 2 hrs ritual cleaning my skin, lotion and fixing my hair or i cnt sleep!!!!!)

Also i'm not afraid to say NO MY MOTHER NEVER TOLD ME THAT, i just lost her in last June and still cry as i feel i'm about to do rt now. Boy i wish i really could go and ask her that question.

Many Blessings,
Highheels
highheels

New postby catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:44 am

highheels -- i am sorry about the loss of your mother. It does take time for the pain to lessen.

If you are reusing the drug-store douche bottles (i have done that too -- they are so convenient!) then just add 1 - 2 spoons of the preparation and fill the bottle up with warm water. That's all it takes!

Also, rather than wait for the moon, it is customary to begin this sort of work after your period. If you have no periods, for whatever reason, you can work by the moon if yu wish -- or not, as the case may be.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

New postby catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:37 am

HER-JUN-BERR
Juniper Berries
$3.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Hot Mama Douche

New postby curious chic » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:00 pm

I just got my juniper berries through the mail. I don't want to use more than necessary or waste the product. My question is, " What portion of berries should you use to soak in the vinegar"? I am gonna do the "Hot mama douche".
curious chic

New postby jwmcclin » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:15 pm

Reading the instructions doesn't suggest any specific amount.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

New postby aura » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:15 am

Hi curious chic,

Most old herbal recipes don't give specific quantities as jwmcclin has mentioned, usually they suggest a ''part'' - and that part can be however big or small you like.

As specified by Miss Cat above, you only need a spoonful or two of the vinegar mixture to a full douche-bag of warm water. Therefore using a tablespoon of juniper berries covered by a quarter cup of apple cider vinegar would be an appropriate proportion. This would leave you enough prepared mixture after straining for about 3 douches.
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

• Please visit our Occult Sister-Sites
Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork