• Please visit our Occult Sister-Sites
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Kananga Water Cologne Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herb baths, crystal salt baths, and floor washes for cleansing, protection, love, health, and luck.

Kananga Water Cologne Questions and Answers

New postby Reynolds » Tue May 26, 2009 8:45 pm

Hi everyone,

What is Kananga water used for?

Is it interchangeable with florida water, due to scent preference?

I know I've read that it can be used for spritual services and working with the dead, but I know of no specifics.

If any one has any ideas about how kananga water might be used, any personal uses etc... I'd love to hear about it :-)

Thanks,

- Reynolds
Reynolds

Re: Kananga water for spiritual services/working with the dead?

New postby Lukianos » Fri May 29, 2009 6:53 pm

Hi Reynolds,

Kanaga water is a ylang-ylang-based cologne water. It is, indeed, most often used in working with the dead / ancestors, and it may be used as a wash for ancestor altars or left as an offering (a splash or two in a glass of water) for the dead.

Personally, I don't use Kanaga as a more general cleanser--it lacks the citrusy-cinnamony notes of Florida Water, and (to me) smells more sweet than cleansing.

YMMV.
Lukianos

New postby Paco » Fri May 29, 2009 9:10 pm

I would use Kananga water in attraction-type work, i don't normally do love spells, but I use KW in money or sweetness-attracting baths and washes.
Paco

New postby Reynolds » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:40 am

Thanks PAco and ELKnapp,

I've added a little glass of water to my ancestor altar and splashed some Kanaga water in it.

Paco,
how do you use it in attraction spells?

Thanks guys! :)
Reynolds

New postby Paco » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:57 am

I pour a little on my lodestone, asking to attract sweetness, money and happiness (since i dont do love spells for myself or others, but if you do i guess you would use kananga there). I also pour it in baths to attract sweetness and money or in a floor wash for the same purposes. By contrast, i would use florida water in protection/banishing type baths and washes (or rum in a pinch).
Paco

New postby Papa Rouj » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:10 am

I use both Florida water and Kananga Water on my Bóveda (ancestor/spirit altar)
My Indio really like Kananga Water more than Florida water so, I offer him what he likes..
Papa Rouj

• Please visit our Occult Sister-Sites
Herb-Magic.com

Return to Baths and Washes in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells