• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:05 am

Lemon and Lime Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.

Unread postby Mohammed » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:22 pm

Love my job. HATE the people I work with... (drug addict/alcoholic, and pompous control freak). With the recent downturn in the economy, everyones hours got cut by 1 full day. When the boss is away, they get together to work on me, trying to get me to quit, I feel, spreading rumours and slander. My self-esteem is low enough as it is, and today they actually had me in tears. Go ahead and laugh, im used to it! Today the drug addict/alcoholic started telling others that I am headed for the mental hospital, which probably isnt far off.

A friend of mine told me some time ago, if you want someone to stop saying things against you, to write their name on a piece of paper, and stick it to a half of a lemon with straight pins, put the 2 halves together and tape it shut, and keep in the freezer. I can't seem to find anything about this spell, and the friend is no longer here. Has anyone ever heard of this particular spell, and how does it relate to hoodoo traditions?

Thank you
Mohammed

Re: Lemon spell?

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:25 pm

I have seen a spell like this but it was a break up spell. If anything you can do a shut up spell for them, or a candle.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:34 pm

That is an old Mediterranean spell, updated to modern times to include an electrical freezer. You can fine variations and traces of this spell wherever Lemons were grown in Classical times, from the island of Sicily through North Africa, Spain, Greece, and even Israel. It is very common in both Jamaican obeah and African American hoodoo -- and Sicilians in America still work this way as well.

Common variations include:

* using 9 nails or 9 needles to stick the Lemon back together,

* sprinkling the name-paper with Alum Powder (to shut them up),

* sprinkling the Lemon with Red Pepper (to send them away),

* in the pre-freezer days, letting the lemon naturally dry and shrivel.

One beautiful variation is only found where Lemon trees grow -- you cut half the Lemon off the tree and leave the other half attached, then prepare the paper and stick the two halves of the Lemon back together so that the cut half is now reattched to the tree. You wait three days, come back, and pick the Lemon, take out the nails or needles, squeeze BOTH halves of the Lemon into a glass, and prepare food or drink for the hated person with this "poison" Lemon juice.

This thread hasd been moved to the section of the forum about herbs, roots, minerals, and zoological curios.

Good luck to you,
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby Gem » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:37 am

Hi Guys,

I promised to post any spells or rituals I receive. I was told one and am not sure how close to Hoodoo it is. It's to cleanse and protect oneself if you've been worked on.

Early in the morning, with the sunrise, if possible, take a lime, (we mainly use limes here in the Caribbean as they grow naturally here as opposed to lemons), rub your whole body from top to bottom, or squeeze the juice and bathe in it. Then you go to the beach, walk backwards into the sea and dip yourself three times saying each time, "In the name of the Lord."

This is one reason why elderly folks here go to the beach at least once a week- they believe in its purifying and protecting properties.

Gem
Gem

Re: Cleansing and Protecting Ritual

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Thanks for sharing. I like that one. Notice how, just as in hoodoo, you wash downward to cleane and take off messes. That's a common African way of working. Walking into the water backwards is so cool, too -- reminds me of the way we use crab shell powder in hoodoo to take off messes, "because crabs walk backwards." In the USA, folks also make a bath with Lemon Leaf for clearing away problems.

HER-LML-LEAF
Lemon Leaf
$3.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Re: Cleansing and Protecting Ritual

Unread postby Wylde » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:32 am

The Cherokee also believe in "Going to Water" a ritual of morning bathing where one goes upstream then entering the water they wash themselves top to bottom seven times with the water. There is also in ancient times a process of scratching oneself with fish bones and later scratching with glass to let out the bad things. This last part isn't done much today (I've never done that part for instance) but I have heard it talked about, in person and in old books on traditions such as Mooney's though also with speculation as to how much is truth and how much is embellishment on the part of the speaker or the author. I can say this much the spell formulas I have tried in Mooney's Cherokee books do work... so it may all work but I wont be scratching myself with any fish bones in creeks anytime soon.
Wylde

Question about a spell - Lemon, pins, nails

Unread postby ShadoWalker » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:50 am

Does anyone know any spells that require a lemon, pins, and nails. I have someone who is throwing this lemon with pins and four nails stuck into it. There is one nail at each end of the lemon and then two stuck in the middles and then pins shoved into the rest of the lemon, but only half the lemon is done. The other half is left bare and then they through it into the front yard. Trying to figure out what they are trying to do. Thanks for your help.
ShadoWalker

Re: Question about a spell - Lemon, pins, nails

Unread postby ko558 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:32 am

I am new to this entire stuff but it sounds like some sort of crossing spell.
ko558

Unread postby cabriellenil » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:57 am

I'm not familiar with this version of the spell but you can use lemon to sour someone's life. With pins and nails stuck to it, well, I'd assume it's a kind of crossing spell. You should get a reading on this.

Do you live with a partner?
cabriellenil

Unread postby ShadoWalker » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:06 pm

I live with my family.
ShadoWalker

Re: Question about a spell?

Unread postby MysticRootworker » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:33 pm

ShadoWalker-
I am from Ohio too. I am south of Columbus. If I were you I would do as they say and get a reading and start protection work asap. I wish you the best.
MysticRootworker

Unread postby ShadoWalker » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:29 pm

Thanks everyone!
ShadoWalker

Re: Question about a spell?

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:24 pm

Sounds like work to sour either your life or your relations in your home. I'd get a reading, cleanse, and protect your home.

The reading can also indicate what would be the best means of disposing what's being thrown against you.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ShadoWalker » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:34 am

Thank you ConjureMan! I appreciate everyones help on this. This woman is crazy and just likes living in a world of drama.....lol. Blessings to you all!
ShadoWalker

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:15 pm

This is an old Mediterranean spell against the evil eye and to keep away witches. It is what might be called a very, very aggressive spell of protection.

The woman thinks you are a witch, or that there is a witch in your family home, or that someone in your family is casting jettatura or mal occhio on her, so she is engaging in a pre-emptive strike or cursing you back.

You can find a version of it in my book "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic."

See this "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" page for more on the evil eye belief:

http://luckymojo.com/evileye.html
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby chy clayton s » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:48 pm

There is an old romani curse that involve piercing and nailing a lemon and then throwing it at someone or their home. Most use salt as well. Do not touch the lemon without gloves or a cloth - check to see if it has been rolled in salt or had salt poured in a hole that now has a nail. If there is any chance of this being romi - do not touch without really scrubbing everything that comes in contact afterwards, most romi I know still don't care that mercury is bad.

Regardless, it sounds like you know who is responsible for throwing the lemon. If there is a chance she is buying the lemon prepared from a dragbarni bun then tie red and white ribbons to your gate or mailbox. 7 white to one red. A romi curse seller will always check out the home for each and every lemon, and most will refuse to work if you mark your line.

Then get Lucky Mojo's

7-11 HOLY MIRACLE SPELL KIT
FIERY WALL OF PROTECTION SPELL KIT
or BLESSING SPELL KIT

and place the remains of the spell (visible) in a flower pot at your gate - or just beneath your mail box - where-ever the ribbon is.

And then think about throwing the person responsible in a mirror box.
chy clayton s

Unread postby jwmcclin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Yes I would recommend getting cat's book if you don't already have it; found here http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Lemon Questions and Answers

Unread postby mumma » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:57 pm

Anyone heard of this and/or tried it?

"You'll need:

A fresh lemon
A little piece of paper (pink if you have it)
A length of red yarn or ribbon
On the piece of paper, write your name and your ex's name then slice open the lemon. Try to cut it evenly in half. Fold the paper so the names are touching, and sandwich is between the lemon pieces. Tie the red yarn around the lemon to hold it together. As you do all of this, visualize you getting your ex back and how happy that would make you.

Now put the little lemon bundle in the freezer (yes, the freezer) and tuck it in the back so nobody can see it. You can expect to see your ex back in your life in a month."
mumma

Re: Lemon love spell

Unread postby Ariel10 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:36 am

I've never heard of that spell. I've always been told that lemons are used in magic to sour things in 1s life.
Ariel10

Unread postby DelArca » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:46 am

I agree with bianca, the acidic/sour nature of the lemon would usually be used to cause strife in a relationship. Also freezing something generally holds up progress.

If you substitute, say, an apple for the lemon and bury it in your yard instead of freezing, it might be more in line with hoodoo tradition.
DelArca

Unread postby Devi Spring » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:06 am

Yes, this sounds way more like a spell originally aimed at a break up. In fact I have a break-up spell in my file that is almost identical to this.

Lemon sours things and severs emotional ties. Freezers freeze things in place to stop movement, or freeze things out of your life.

I agree with DelArca. If you want this basic operation of using cut fruit to work as a love spell, use an apple (which is botanically in the ROSE family, is sweet and therefore sweetens, and is astrologically linked to Venus) and bury it in the yard!
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:41 am

I agree with Devi and DelAarca. Have you purchased cat's book Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic? It includes accurate botanical information about the roots and herbs that are employed in African-American folk-magic, with sample spells

Found here (http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html)
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:43 am

When I think of "lemon with love" (issues) Cut and Clear is what comes to mind.
http://www.luckymojo.com/cutandclear.html
That is the opposite of what someone would want to do to get back together.
There is some very good advice from all above and reasons why that "lemon spell" with a love relationship in the freezer would not be a good approach.
Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic, by Miss Catherine Yronwode, as listed above by jwmcclin is filled with information about the herbs and roots that we talk about here each day in The Forum. It is a very helpful tool to understand why we recommend certain roots, herbs and products for situations.
Here are two products from the herbs in the inventory section:
Balm of Gilliad:
http://www.herb-magic.com/balm-of-gilead.html
and Gentian many of the links in the catalogue also give more recommendations. There are several other herbs listed with Gentian like Lavender and more, along with products like Lucky Mojo Come to Me and Love Me.
http://www.herb-magic.com/gentian-root.html
Good luck!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby yoragoddess » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:32 pm

lemon and a freezer????? Straight recipe for a breakup!
yoragoddess

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:04 pm

If you do this spell, you will NOT have your lover back. This is NOT a love spell to bring anyone back.

If anything you are going to freeze them away from you. Now if you do this spell to cut out a rival that is with your ex boyfriend or girlfriend then you could possibly do this spell. But I would follow up with a return to me or reconciliation spell to bring you and your actual ex together
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Re: Lemon and Lime Questions and Answers

Unread postby mumma » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:40 am

That's what I was thinking when I found it [I think it was on yahoo! ask & answer site] ... the person that posted it said that it had "worked" for most of their friends who had tried it to get back with their exes.
mumma

Unread postby jwmcclin » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:22 am

Yahoo answers (cute) again, purchase cat's book, its the 'truth.'
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby stelz » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:58 am

A lot of people here use an egg to to cleanse. I'm pretty sure that's cuaranderismo, but otherwise the process is similar.
stelz

Unread postby Devi Spring » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:05 pm

Eggs are used for cleansing in many different cultures, including many European ones - so it' s not just a practice found in curanderismo.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Mohammed » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:24 pm

Thank you, Catherine. I am going to try this one.
Mohammed

Unread postby msthang » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:29 pm

Has anyone every heard of cursing someone by hanging an orange in a tree with a person's picture pinned to it?

Does this suppose to harm the person?

What if you just want to send the person away?
msthang

Re: Cursing or Banishment with an Orange?

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:35 pm

In general American culture, Oranges Blossoms are associated with marriages. I know of no hoodoo spells that curse or banish people with sweet Oranges. I know of many cursing and banishing spells made with sour Lemons or sour Limes.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby PrincessAnna » Mon May 05, 2014 6:47 pm

I did my own little lemon (break up) spell based off stuff I've read through the LM websites

I did the normal cut the lemon in half
I only had one of the person's involved hair so I wrote 'sour them to other person involved' as the petition
I guess in my mind I didn't need to sour them to each other but one to another might be just as good?
Got their pictures and wrote their names 9 times on the back
Then used a little LM HotFoot Powder (didn't have many other supplies)
Put one picture on one side of the lemon and vice versa with the petition and powder, hair in the middle
Sewed it with black cotton
Wrapped it in paper towel (just so it doesn't leak everywhere etc)

I put it in the freezer for now,
I just wanted to know,
Is putting it in the freezer freezing my spell or freezing them to each other?

I'll let you know how it gets on

Love PrincessAnna :)
PrincessAnna

Unread postby Shantilly Lace » Mon May 05, 2014 7:28 pm

You just want to break them up? You have no interest in a relationship of any kind with either of them?

Because putting them both in the freezer will freeze them both out of your life.

But I'm not familiar enough with this lemon/lime spell to assist anymore sorry.
contact me on shantillylace373@gmail.com
Shantilly Lace

Unread postby PrincessAnna » Mon May 05, 2014 11:17 pm

No I have no romantic interest in either of them but thanks for the info. :)
PrincessAnna

Unread postby Miss Aida » Tue May 06, 2014 8:52 pm

Hello, PrincessAnna ,
When I've done this, it sours them to each other, freezes the to each other. And does freeze them both out of your life.
That has been my experience
Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby PrincessAnna » Tue May 06, 2014 11:50 pm

Thanks Aida that's the exact result I want.

A wealth of knowledge you are, bless you darling! xxx
PrincessAnna

Unread postby PrincessAnna » Thu May 08, 2014 12:52 am

I think my lemons are working :)
I just heard subject fighting on the phone with other subject..

Anyone low on money but has LM powders around the home should definitely give the lemon spell a go ^_^
PrincessAnna

Unread postby Dragonfly72 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:25 pm

Hello, I have a question about the lemon break-up spell. How it should be done if I am having a romantic interest towards one of them? Thanks!

Thank you St-Anthony for your everyday help! Please continue to support me as I am still needing you sorely!
Thank you St-Martha for your! assistance!
Thank you St-Peter for opening the roads for me!
Thank you St-Jude, you're great!
Dragonfly72

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:59 pm

Hello, Dragonfly72,
Put it in a jar instead of in the freezer.
That's the only difference I would make
Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork