• Advertisement
Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:43 pm

Lodestone & Magnetic Sand Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.

Re: Large Altar Lodestone

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sat May 15, 2010 6:45 pm

As much as I would love to think there was not a mix-up, :), I am probably not the Joseph you are thinking of... I live in SF and my wife and I come up every so often...our honeymoon, birthdays, holidays, etc... but I haven't been there since my wife's birthday in April...

I am a great Joseph, I must admit, but I don't think I am the Joseph you saw...

-Joseph! :)

(the other Joseph)
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sat May 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Ritual Sound wrote:As much as I would love to think there was not a mix-up, :), I am probably not the Joseph you are thinking of... I live in SF and my wife and I come up every so often...our honeymoon, birthdays, holidays, etc... but I haven't been there since my wife's birthday in April...

I am a great Joseph, I must admit, but I don't think I am the Joseph you saw...

-Joseph! :)

(the other Joseph)

P.S. - I will be in the shop tomorrow, so I am verrry glad to hear that the L'stones are available! Thank you for the information...
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sat May 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Ritual Sound wrote:
Also, does anyone have any more tips on care and love of your lodestone? I have read cats book entry, the web page for, and the forum posts on lodestones already. Just wondering if any more lodestone stories had come about in the last little bit? Any obscure advice or tips? I have my hoyts and whiskey ready!!!

Thanks for any advice. I have a beautiful wooden pedestal for the lodestone to live...

I really suggest forming a relationship with your lodestone. Start by looking at it, does it strike you as particularly male or female? Not all have a gender of course. Naming your lodestone and talking to it are also really good ways to connect with it and start to form your relationship with it. The way I was taught, lodestones are like dogs, smart, loyal and hard working creatures, provided you treat them well and train them right.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat May 15, 2010 7:41 pm

You are indeed a different Joseph. The one i was thinking of lives in Oakland and was in the shop last week -- and he too collects old music.

Tell them to phone me at the house tomorrow and i will come down and meet you too, for i am a friend to all Josephs.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sat May 15, 2010 7:44 pm

This is another reason I appreciate LM because a year ago I ordered what I thought was a lodestone and it turned out to be just rocks...but alas, I found (thanks) LM and have had my lodestones working for me a long long time now. I love them and they love me. The is a system to gaining a relationship with them as HailDiscordia mentioned.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sat May 15, 2010 8:48 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:You are indeed a different Joseph. The one i was thinking of lives in Oakland and was in the shop last week -- and he too collects old music.

Tell them to phone me at the house tomorrow and i will come down and meet you too, for i am a friend to all Josephs.

I will do that! I am actually pretty excited about tomorrow... perhaps I can have you check how many invoices I have through the shop and do a preliminary check to see if I will be 'allowed' to take the class, which I will be able to pay for inthe middle of June!

Have a great night!

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sat May 15, 2010 8:51 pm

HailDiscordia wrote:
I really suggest forming a relationship with your lodestone. Start by looking at it, does it strike you as particularly male or female? Not all have a gender of course. Naming your lodestone and talking to it are also really good ways to connect with it and start to form your relationship with it. The way I was taught, lodestones are like dogs, smart, loyal and hard working creatures, provided you treat them well and train them right.

Thank you for all of those ideas. It is a pretty good overview of my plan of 'attack' already! I am getting a male lodestone for my new luck drawing/money drawing altar, so I will know the sex! I also like the idea of talking to it quite a bit and will have no trouble treating it just like one of my two cats...

I can't wait!

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Covering the collection?

Unread postby cognitivedissonance » Thu May 20, 2010 12:45 pm

My next order will be the lodestone/magnetic sand/altar roots and curios that I want, but I'd like to set the lodestone in a bowl of magnetic sand on my desk, in a covered dish so it's out of sight from nosey folks. This won't disrupt the draw, will it?
cognitivedissonance

Re: Covering the collection?

Unread postby jwmcclin » Thu May 20, 2010 2:51 pm

No...
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Turnsteel » Thu May 20, 2010 8:14 pm

cognitivedissonance wrote:My next order will be the lodestone/magnetic sand/altar roots and curios that I want, but I'd like to set the lodestone in a bowl of magnetic sand on my desk, in a covered dish so it's out of sight from nosey folks. This won't disrupt the draw, will it?

It won't "disrupt" anything, but its a bad idea for other reasons. Setting i in a dish of magnetic sand is not how you work with a lodestone, and covering it with too much magnetic sand can kill it or wear it out. You feed a lodestone, its a living spiritual entity, you don't just put it in a dish with some magnetic sand. You should talk to it and work with it and feed it with a pinch of magnetic sand once week.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Thu May 20, 2010 8:50 pm

I bought my lodestone over last weekend at LM and it is pretty amazing.., much more amazing that I was thinking, and I was thinking pretttttty amazing!!!

Good luck with the little guy!

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby cognitivedissonance » Fri May 21, 2010 2:26 am

Well, if you "fed" it with a pinch of magnetic sand a week you'd eventually wind up with a puddle of magnetic sand anyway, when you really think about it. I'm not sure I'm really committed to the angle of a pet rock in this instance. My inner snark wouldn't be able to take that aspect seriously.

As a metaphor, I can totally dig it, though.
cognitivedissonance

Unread postby Devi Spring » Fri May 21, 2010 6:16 am

Well, no, you don't really end up with a puddle of magnetic sand, because when it starts to get full you clean it off. It's part of the process of working this particular conjure.

I would say that you should do some more research on the traditional way to work with a lodestone before taking on this work. It's clear that you're not quite understanding how it's supposed to happen and how to work it properly.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Fri May 21, 2010 6:30 am

cognitivedissonance wrote:Well, if you "fed" it with a pinch of magnetic sand a week you'd eventually wind up with a puddle of magnetic sand anyway, when you really think about it. I'm not sure I'm really committed to the angle of a pet rock in this instance. My inner snark wouldn't be able to take that aspect seriously.

As a metaphor, I can totally dig it, though.

Please defend this statement with at least a paragraph clarifying what you mean...
You don't just buy a lodestone and leave it to work for you. You will need magnetic sand... after a while you can scoop up the 'puddle' and add it back to the bag for later feeding. If your inner snark is blocking you from completing meaningful, magical work then I'm sorry. I'm snarky too, but not towards the paths I have chosen for myself.

This post made me shake my head...I hope I am way misreading it, and if so am sorry for my reaction...

My lodestone is powerful. They all are...

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Silly question about lodestone magnetism

Unread postby Buttercup » Fri May 21, 2010 11:42 am

About a week ago I received my small pair of lodestones together with magnetic sand and lodestone grit. What I want to know is if the two matched lodestones should strongly attract each other and "stick" together (eg if you pick one up from the table the other one is picked up because they are strongly attracted). I can feel attraction when I hold the stones very close to each other,but it is not the strong attraction mentioned above.(Although they attract magnetic sand because when I took them out of the packet they had hairs of magnetic sand on them). Same thing with the small pieces of lodestone grit. Is this the normal state of lodestones?
Buttercup

Re: Silly question about lodestone magnetism

Unread postby Devi Spring » Fri May 21, 2010 12:16 pm

Yes, lodestones rarely, if ever, have the insane magnetism that manufactured magnets do.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Fri May 21, 2010 11:05 pm

Don't think of it as a pet rock, cognitivedissonance. You are working with the spiritual quality of the "rock." Think of it as a powerful attractive spirit that works for you, but in order to establish and maintain a working spirit you must feed it. This idea is not uncommon to folk-magick and should be taken seriously. Mojo hands are fed in a similar manner with oil, whiskey etc in order to get them working for you.

To better understand this concept perhaps I can give you an analogy, if you'll accept it. From your posts it seems you are inclined and favor working with the saints. Would you dream of toss up a "pix" of a saint and then demand that they bring something to you or help you without adhering to proper respect and promising offerings in return for their intervention? The spirit of the Lodestone is no different. It is a natural spirit that you get working for you by feeding it and working at building a relationship with it.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby cognitivedissonance » Sat May 22, 2010 1:03 am

Alright, that makes sense, I'm open-minded about this stuff.
cognitivedissonance

Altar Lodestone Luck!

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:28 pm

I would like to thank Lucky Mojo for stocking the large specimen-sized lodestones, Cat for helping me pick one out, and Greg for giving me words of encouragement. I have worked with the lodestone moderately so far (waiting until next week to give it the luck/money drawing altar he deserves) and have had fantastic luck, including getting 3 out of 5 numbers in the California Fantasy 5. It was only $18 bucks, buy hey, it was more than my wife and I have ever won (we hardly ever play) and it WAS 18x what I spent on the ticket...

If we did hit the lotto for 5 of 5 (usually about $100,000) we would use it for a down payment on some land around Sonoma county...so it would be for our greater good...

Anyway, wanted to say thank you to all involved and to also encourage all readers and workers get their own lodestone for their altar...it will be an experience!

Good Luck!

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Re: Altar Lodestone Luck!

Unread postby wraithklewn » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:11 pm

i always like to hear good news from Lucky Mojo products. in the future i will get a lodestone and try this out. i wish i lived near the company id be there everyday i think.

I hope you and your wife get that land someday soon!! i wish you good luck Joseph.

Many blessings.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate # 1684G
wraithklewn

Re: Altar Lodestone Luck!

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:14 pm

Thank you for that wraithklewn...the big lodestones are pretty amazing... I will continue to update my progress here...

We are aiming our life towards getting out of the city and setting down on a little land with a nice home and a few out buildings...we will be there soon!

Thanks for the well wishes!

-joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

LODESTONE????

Unread postby BUFFY2327 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:50 pm

The spell I'm going 2 use needs a lodestone but I don't see a a link to buy it @ the LM stoe does anyone no where I can find it?
BUFFY2327

Re: LODESTONE????

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:34 pm

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Dressing a loadstone?

Unread postby JasmineTalula » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:14 pm

when dressing a load stone is it then kept in a mojo bag or can it be left out on a altar? I was thinking if left on a altar it may have the possibility of picking up negative vibrations. But i dont either like the fact of keeping it in a mojo as seems like its too sealed away. What do you suggest is the best option and can you mix oil's or should love money and success have seperate lodes?
JasmineTalula

Re: Dressing a loadstone?

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:46 pm

Here is a helpful link
http://www.luckymojo.com/lodestone.html

The sections storing and displaying lodestones, and how to use lodestones in conjure should help answer your questions.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Re: Dressing a loadstone?

Unread postby jwmcclin » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:58 pm

In my opinion success = money and money = success...
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

What is the best way to cleanse lodestone?

Unread postby JasmineTalula » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:06 am

Will salt water and lemons suffice or is there a paticular cleansing liquids or colones that specially used?
JasmineTalula

Re: What is the best way to cleanse lodestone?

Unread postby Devi Spring » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:35 am

Use whiskey - that is the most traditional fluid to cleanse a lodestone with. I would not use salt water or lemon as they are both extremely corrosive. Just wash it in whiskey, and then immediately dry it.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:11 am

Whiskey is the most traditional. You could also use Hoyt's Cologne.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby cognitivedissonance » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:49 pm

OOOh, good place to put this:

A *carved* lodestone came into my possession, and it seems to be needing some extra love. What LM products would help me wake this guy up?
cognitivedissonance

Unread postby Devi Spring » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:49 pm

Get yourself some lodestone food (iron fillings) and make sure that it's still magnetic. Many aren't, sadly. If it doesn't have magnetism, then it's dead. But if it does still have a pull, then treat it like you would any other lodestone. Bathe it in whiskey or Hoyt's, dry it, pray over it and spend some time talking to the spirit of the lodestone. Then you can dab some of an appropriate condition oil on it, and then start feeding it fillings on a weekly basis. :) I like to offer mine some incense and a tealight several times weekly, too.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby cognitivedissonance » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:54 pm

It's still got a draw, so it's alive. THANK YOU!
cognitivedissonance

Is it possible to anoint a lodestone with various oils?

Unread postby JasmineTalula » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:31 pm

I was wondering if this is possible or if you have to have a mojobag in order to anoint a lodestone?
JasmineTalula

Re: Is it possible to anoint a lodestone with various oils?

Unread postby Devi Spring » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:36 pm

No you can anoint a lodestone to help tune it to a specific work - however you still will need to feed it iron fillings regularly. You only need to put a small dab of the oil on it. I put a very small dab of Wealthy Way oil on my lodestone each week when I feed it.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby JasmineTalula » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:38 pm

ahh that makes sense.
JasmineTalula

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:46 pm

Devi or Stars or Conjureman ,jmcclin, or any wise forum posters advice on oils adding to this post and a lodestone.
I have an extra lodestone (I have lodestone oil) and it has been suggested I believe by Devi to use whiskey.(to feed) If I took the second lodestone out, which I bought for someone else, my best friend,the second most important person in my life) to do work for them this is what I'd like to use (oils small amounts-- drop) :
LM Firey Wall of Protection-- someone is stopping this individual from obtaining her dream (this was NOT in my Honey Jar)
Crown of Success
Money Drawing
Steady Work
Lodestone
Vanvan
Boss Fix
Basil
thyme
Salt
Cinnimum
and Allspice
I would like to give this to aid in assisting the individual who is trying to get THE ULTIMATE DREAM JOB-- life long dream.

My work: I just received my answer for the work I was doing-- IT WORKED. I actually put the lodestone inside of my honey jar to obtain what I needed. I wrapped it in the petition annointed with several other LMoils (money Drawing, Steady Work, Crown of Success) and herbs suggested by my wonderful reader. (listed above are the herbs) I wrapped it (the lodestone) up with my petition written on Parchment Paper dressed with dabs of the oils, herbs,the lodestone, stuffed all in the honey jar as instructed. They are creating a job for me at my DREAM JOB/Career-- a pipe dream I gave up in 1998. I'm Back!!
When I ordered the lodestones they were matching in size-- they were not ordered for a love effort, but an accomplishment effort. It is time to break out the lodestone. Should I do a similar honey Jar so that similar successful results could be obtained?
It worked for me!
I also have an Angelica root. I have read it can be used with St Michael along with dressed Fiery Wall of Protection for the person who is standing in her way to obtain her dream.
Thoughts on this? She is planning on a reading with Ms Cat, but knows little or nothing about the site or Hoodoo, (she can't do the internet through her office to lucky mojo and relies on what I share and do on her behalf. I did a freezer spell on someone I know was working against her,(totally successful) but the second individual is unknown. She would like a reading and is open to it. I am going to give her the Shops number to book. I also told her --of couse-- of my wonderful reader and she may decide to go that way.
Thanks in advance about dressing oils on the lodestone to add to this post. I also hope this helps the poster who posted about "dressing the lodestone and mixing oils: :)
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:00 pm

Adding to previous long winded post... I was still directing the question about the oils even if I do put it into a honey jar. I'm not asking about the jar, but the oils.
Thanks again!! :)
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Lodestones and chicks

Unread postby jgoofle » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:02 pm

I was reading the article on lodestones and it said that pair lodestones are use to attract one girl. I was wondering if I can use the lodestones to help attract many girls? Like making me more popular with girls.

Also when using the pair lodestones can I carry them when I go out?
jgoofle

Re: Lodestones and chicks

Unread postby MaryBee » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:47 am

Hi jgoofle:

If you want to draw general attention from lots of different women, and increase your "attraction factor", you might want to try the Attraction line of products or Follow Me Girl line. Those both give you the "hey, look at me, ladies" edge :) For lesbians and gay men, there's also the Lavender Love Drops group of products that can attract lovers of the same gender.
A single lodestone can be used to draw money or a specific wish to you. A pair of lodestones (male/female, male/male or female/female) can be used to draw one specific girl to you. So, if you got yourself a pair of male/female lodestones and named one for you, and the female one for a particular woman you wanted to attract, you could work with that pair to draw that lady to you over time.

Pair lodestones aren't generally carried while they're set to working with Magnetic Sand. Small lodestone grits are carried in mojo bags, however. I'll quote from Miss Cat's book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice":
"When the big love stones are united, the riders come together too, and they are then gently removed from the big stones and bound PERMANENTLY by being placed in a mojo or a locket charm, or buried together. In this way, they are not pulled apart when the big stones are re-used, and the work of uniting the clients is never symbolically undone. "
LIttle lodestones or "grits" are often placed on top of "bigger" lodestones worked on an altar and when those are united, the "grits" are taken off and put in a mojo bag, which you can carry. But again, lodestone work is usually aimed at uniting you towards one specific person. If you want to attract a whole bunch of different women to take your pick, see my advice above.

Good luck,
waterborn
LM Course Graduate #1562
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.
MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Tabbylove17 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:46 pm

That's interesting, some one told me just to rinse it with spring water. Hmmm... well I just ordered a new lodestone so I'll just go to the liquor store and by one of those small bottles.
Tabbylove17

Unread postby Tabbylove17 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:41 am

Quick question about the whiskey. Do se it in a container and then soak it for an amount of time or rinse it meaning you pour some over it to kind of wetting it, sort of to speak. Then you let it dry right? Before you use it for your spell?
Tabbylove17

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:03 pm

Think!

If you rinse a lodestone with water it will RUST.

If you rinse a Lodestone with Lemon juice it will CORRODE.

You can find a lot of really ignorant so-called magi(k)al advice on the internet, in occult shops, and from friends.

There is a practial and magically true reason why we use WHISKEY or HOYT'S COLOGNE to bathe our Lodestones: they are alcohol-based and alcohol evaporates quickly and the Lodestones do not rust or corrode.

You can dip or dribble on them, according to your own denomination's method of baptism (full immersion or sprinkling) or you can mouth-spray them, if you work in that sort of tradition.

Soaking is not what i was ever taught -- and here's why: You don't leave a baby soaking in the bath-water -- you wash him with a wash-cloth or in a tub, but you never walk off and leave the baby alone in the tub. You wouldn't leave your pet dog to soak in the tub either -- you'd either hose her down or scrub her in the tub. These lodestones are alive. Treat them as such.

Hundreds of years of traditional African American folk wisdom and magical practice should not be overthrown in a day by ignorant internet wannabes.

Listen to your elders and not to fools who are making mud-pies and calling them crepes suzettes.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Hausfrau » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:18 pm

I read that you have to "wake it up" before you let it do the work for you. I read that it involved washing the stone for 3 days in either whiskey or Hoyt's cologne before setting it up under petition papers and anointing it with condition oils. I bought a lodestone and magnetic fillings, but haven't set him up because I have no clue how to "wake him up" as I've heard folks talking about on MyHoodooSpace.
Hausfrau

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:42 pm

I am not a forum moderator, just a simple person who enjoys this site and the products and teachings. My next sentence is based clearly on instict:
I am fairly certain without googling the address you listed above that LM is not part of it; therefore, the mention of other sites-- for their products and advice is probably not a good idea here.
I would suggest whiskey for the lodestone, and for staying HERE for any PROFESSIONAL advice (of others) and leave the "space this, my place that" out of your day to day learning.
Welcome to the forum! "Keep your mind open, and share in the experience; we all just might learn somethin' " TT

Good Luck in your studies!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Hausfrau » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:58 pm

*sigh*

For the record, I bought the lodestone here.
Hausfrau

Unread postby Devi Spring » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:17 pm

That site is a social network run by Dr. Kioni of the AIRR.

You do need to make a connection to the spirit of the lodestone and get it working for you. Bathing it in whiskey or Hoyt's is part of that process. Many workers simply speak to the stone as if it were a pet or a person, letting their words make the connection, communicate the work, and set it working for you. Others will do it in other ways, and certainly you could do a multi-day ritual with it to help get familiar with its feel and spirit, and make a real bond with it if you wanted to.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:45 pm

I give. I am O- 4 --2 today on bad advice (to give).
I actually did try to "google" what Hausfrau was referring to AFTER I posted the post, (remember I said I was going off instinct... I was wrong and Ill admit I was wrong-) and I found nothing but boards...which lead to ...nothing that I could see back to LM... I can't find this site.
Thanks Devi, sincerely.
I still say good luck in your work, and welcome to the forum Hausfrau! Don't be discouraged, I was sweet-- So are a lot of folks here.
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:39 pm

I apologize for my "tough love" attitude today. I atoned by massively expanding and upgrading the free HITAP Lodestone page. Here is is in all its newfound zestiness:

http://luckymojo.com/lodestone.html
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:28 pm

Thank you Mrs. Cat!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Tabbylove17 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:02 pm

I asked about using the spring water because an AIRR facilitator told me to use spring water. I'm not trying to put anyone on blast, but to hear that spring water can rust lodestone it's like an "Eeeeck" moment. However I know now to use whiskey.
Tabbylove17

Unread postby Tabbylove17 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Devi Spring wrote:You do need to make a connection to the spirit of the lodestone and get it working for you. Bathing it in whiskey or Hoyt's is part of that process. Many workers simply speak to the stone as if it were a pet or a person, letting their words make the connection, communicate the work, and set it working for you. Others will do it in other ways, and certainly you could do a multi-day ritual with it to help get familiar with its feel and spirit, and make a real bond with it if you wanted to.

So would you advise that if someone isn't exactly an expert on lodestones to go ahead and do the multiple day to connect? If you do decided to do it for a certain amount of days then do you dribble whiskey on it everyday?
Tabbylove17

Unread postby Devi Spring » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:19 pm

You should be venturing to make some sort of connection with the lodestone in whichever way you do that best. There's no one way to do things. There's more to making a connection than just putting whiskey on it. You could put whiskey on it everyday, but if you didn't make any effort to connect and communicate with its spirit, then it's not going to do you any good. Try to make a connection somehow - try talking to it lovingly and see if you feel a response.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:07 am

I bathed my giant altar lodestone with Hoyt's instead of whiskey because that's what he asked for and I agreed because I would rather have him more focused than frisky. I talk to him everyday and feed him accordingly. Things have certainly changed and I have been more successful working with him than I originally thought.

That is only what I personally have done and feel comfortable with.

Good luck with your lodestones!

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Tabbylove17 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:11 pm

I just spoke to mine nicely and told my lodestone who it was representing and what it was going to do. I dribbled the whiskey on it a few hours before I do the spell. I'm going to speak to it again when I actually start it too. I have to wait for everyone to go to bed, so I can have some peace and quiet. lol
Tabbylove17

re: question on lodestone

Unread postby k77084 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:11 pm

I had purchased a lodestone,not knowing (unitl I just read this post) that I was suppose to wake it up. Over months I have fed it, used tea lights etc. Now here is my question (try not to laugh too hysterically). Since I have been feeding it all along it is covered with magnetic sand, would I be wrong as to clean it off with whiskey and then start re-doing my work or should I abandon this one and start again. If I can clean this one should I keep all the magnetic sand that surrounds (in the jar) or throw out. thanks!
~kiana
k77084

Unread postby Devi Spring » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Actually you are supposed to frequently clean it off - and you can re-use the magnetic sand. Just brush all the sand off, and wash the lodestone in whiskey. And begin again.

If it was working for you before, then you may have connected with it over time just through your work and offerings and feedings. But this time just spend some time consciously connecting with it, and then set it working again.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby k77084 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:24 pm

Many thank Devi! I will do that.
k77084

Lodestones Questions and Answers

Unread postby tag227 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:00 am

Hi All,

This may be a dumb/repeated question, so I apologize in advance.

I have heard of rootworkers talking to their lodestones. Now do any talk to their herbs and ask the spirits of nature to help them out? And when I mean spirits of nature, I mean whatever spirits give those herbs their power? Or am I just shooting off the deep end here?

Thanks!
tag227

Re: Talking to Lodestones & Herbs

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:58 am

I talk to my lodestone every day. I speak to many things I work with...almost all. If not on a regular basis, then at least when I am going to be directly using them for immediate work. This is a good basis for Hoodoo my technique. yes I talk to these items.

Good luck!

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Re: Talking to Lodestones & Herbs

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:17 am

Tag, not a dumb question. At the family home, we named ours and I encouraged my family member to speak to him every morning :)
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork