• Advertisement
Crystal-Silence-League-Link

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:56 am

Lodestone & Magnetic Sand Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.

Re: Lodestone & Magnetic Sand Questions and Answers

Unread postby JAD82017 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:24 am

Hi,

I think this is the correct area to post my questions but if it is not then I apologize. I'm considering getting a pair of lodestones (male/female) here from LM, I've read a few pages/post here on how to handle them and I just want to make certain I understand everything correctly. Once I order them, they come together already paired up and attached to one another, correct? I then separate them, cleanse them in whiskey & name them, right? After that I anoint them with oil, would something like Come to me oil be acceptable? We just split last week so it hasn't been that long. I should add I'm doing a honey jar spell as well but I'm more trying to keep us connected and keep the flame alive while we both get through the current rough patches in our lives. Would I place the loaded tones on top of a photograph of us? Do I write anything on it? Birthday? Names? I apologize if these are basic questions. Thank you in advance for any tips/advise or answers given!
JAD82017

Unread postby Miss Aida » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Hello, JAD82017 ,

WOW! You really have this down to a science!! FANTASTIC!

The answer is yes to everything!!

And yes, you can write your names and birthdates over the pictures.

Good job!!

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Riola » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:39 am

Hello everyone,

I recently ordered a Love Me spell kit from LM, and I ordered a separate set of large lodestones to use instead of the ones that came with it. I named them, and I already started working with them. When I was trying to identify them I just went mostly with my intuition, somehow I thought I knew exactly which one was a male and which one was a female, but now I started second guessing myself. My question is what if I was wrong and I identified lodestones incorrectly?
One of my lodestones reminds me of a triangle with a round-ish base and another one looks like a skinny rectangle with one side being pointy (or it also looks like a stretched out triangle). I thought the first one was a female, to me it had softer edges, and the second one I thought was a male, but like I said now I am questioning myself. Please let me know what you think, thank you!
Riola

Unread postby Miss Athena » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi Riola,

According to miss cat:

In the hoodoo folk-magic tradition, as i was taught, a male lodestone is angular, irregular, long, or narrow, while a female lodestone tends toward the compact, cubical form, or has rounded edges.

Your original instinct was correct.

Good luck.
HRCC #1909G
Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread postby littlewing » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:23 am

Is it okay to name a lodestone after an ancestor?
Thank you Saint Expedite, St. Joseph, and St. Jude
Thank you Miss Aida and Aura
littlewing

Unread postby Miss Athena » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:03 pm

Hi littlewing,

Naming lodestones is a very personal choice. If you have an ancestor who was meaningful to you, naming your lodestone after them is no different than naming your child after them. It's a form of respect and acknowledgement, and perfectly acceptable.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC #1909G
Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread postby littlewing » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:45 pm

Thanks Miss Athena! That helps a lot.
Thank you Saint Expedite, St. Joseph, and St. Jude
Thank you Miss Aida and Aura
littlewing

Lodestone pair don't draw to one another

Unread postby oprekit » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:06 am

Hello!
I hope this is the right place to ask this- I am new here.

In the spring, I ordered a pair of male/female lodestones from LM, but wasn't ready to use them yet. In a flurry of activity and such, I misplaced them, and, as I met someone recently who has got my heart all aflutter, I thought of them, and decided it was time to work them. As soon as I decided I needed them, it was if they appeared in my desk drawer, still in their original LM packaging.

I am ready to work with them, but I have noticed that although they fit together quite snugly, they do not pull toward one another. They hold magnetic sand quite nicely, but there is no way to put them together where they will *hold*. The fit is good, there just isn't any magnetic pull that I can see. Is this an issue? Do I need a different pair? Can I still just move them together with my spell until they fit, and keep them like that? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
oprekit

Unread postby Miss Aida » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:04 pm

Hello, oprekit ,

Please call the shop and see if they can be replaced or exchanged.

Wishing you the best

take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Shy22 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:10 am

I have a (hopefully) simple question about doing a moving lodestone spell for love. I was using a small taper candle for the work and was snuffing it every 7th of the way down - today was day 3. I lit the candle, did my thing, and then went to do some housework. I completely forgot about the candle, and came back. There is now only about a 7th of it left. Do I just keep using this candle and make it last? Should I make a new candle? Or should I just start the whole spell over again?

Regards, Shy.
Shy22

Unread postby Miss Athena » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi Shy22,

Welcome to the forum. When you get a chance, and presuming you wish to do so, please introduce yourself in the Introductions thread.

Sometimes when we lose focus on our work, it can call into question the importance of the wish itself. Or it can indicate you do not have the talent to perform the work. Or it can be a sign of spiritual interference. In any regard, such a lack of focus is never a good thing.

You need to pay attention to your work as you are working it. That should be the sole occupant of your mindset. If your attention is scattered, so is your energy.

In this case, finish working the candle then I would start a new one and pay more attention to it. Your chance of success is only as good as the effort you make.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC #1909G
Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Shutter » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:26 pm

Hey y'all...For the lodestone drawing spell must it be a china plate to rest my stone and sand on? I have to practice in my household pretty privately and even if I were to hide it under my bed I'd be concerned I'd accidentally be disturbing how it sits by shuffling it around everyday. Would a small jar be an acceptable replacement to the china plate? I could keep it well hidden and cared for in that way. Let me know what you think? Thanks!
Shutter

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:38 pm

Hello, Shutter,

Honestly, I don't like that idea

Miss cat's spells are written for a reason.With her almost 1/2 century of experience, research and working with the old-timer Hoodoo practitioners, she knows what she's saying. I would not alter that sell

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Shutter » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:56 pm

This is why I run these things by the professionals! I just found the most perfect little china dish today so I'm nearly ready to get going.
Shutter

Unread postby Miss Aida » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:26 am

Hello, Shutter,

You see? You found the plate. It was meant to be!

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby SB1980 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:07 am

I'm new and have a situation that maybe someone can help me with.
I was sold a single large lodestone which I was told could be used for love, which I worked with for months. After reading many of these topics I now know I need 2 (male/female).
My situation is I have strong feelings for someone that also has feelings for me but we lived across the country from one another. Now that were close by he's in a relationship. Is it wrong of me to use lodestone to attract him to me?
SB1980

Unread postby Sister Jean » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:36 pm

Hello SB1980,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum. If you would like to, you're welcome to introduce yourself under the "introductions" thread.

You're right, lodestone spells used to draw two people together require two lodestones. So why not just get a second one? Lucky Mojo sells them for not very much:

http://www.herbmagic.com/lodestone-large-single.html

Good luck!
Thank you, St. Michael, St. Expedite, St. Martha, Bone Mama!
ID #1590G
I'm on Hoodoo Psychics!
Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Honeybeelight » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:10 am

Question about lodestone spells:

I performed a lodestone moving love spell about ten years ago, and nothing happened. I worked hard with it, and after nothing happened for about a year or so and I had to move, I put it in a nice box. Nothing continued to happen. I just found them the other day. I mentioned this to Deacon Millett in the course of a reading/consultation, and he suggested leaving them in a graveyard. I always take his advice, of course. What's the point in asking if you're not going to take it, right? I was wondering:

1) How do you know that a lodestone spell just didn't work out? When do you stop working them and try something else? and,
2) I particularly was wondering if leaving the lodestones together without "undoing" or deploying them somehow may have actually hindered drawing new love. They're still attached and have the magnetic steel filing attracted to them. I just didn't meet anyone until the current dude that Deacon Millett really wants me to Cut and Clear (I think he's right about that, too).

Let me know. I think there's some things I just don't "get" about lodestones, and either they're not the best kind of spell for me to work, or I messed it up somehow.
Honeybeelight

Unread postby Sister Jean » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:21 pm

Hello Honeybeelight,

I'd say after a year if you haven't seen any movement whatsoever, that's a pretty solid sign that the spell just didn't work. I couldn't tell you if deploying the lodestones together hindered you finding new love; I think that would be a good question for a reader. You mention you don't "get" lodestones though; maybe they just don't "vibe" with you and the spell didn't work because of that? Not everyone is drawn to all kinds of spellwork and not all kinds of spellwork work for everyone. Just food for thought :)

Take care.
Thank you, St. Michael, St. Expedite, St. Martha, Bone Mama!
ID #1590G
I'm on Hoodoo Psychics!
Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Honeybeelight » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Thank you, Sister Jean. Yes, I think maybe lodestones and maybe even open-ended spells like honey jars aren't for me. It's easier to set it and forget it if it's finished and I just have to wait. Anyway, I think I will ask Deacon Millet for suggestions after a good, solid Uncrossing and Fiery Wall (and, yes, Cut and Clear, Deacon, I need to get better). I suspect love magic in general isn't my thing. I'm tempted to try money magic, just to see if I have a gift for that!
Honeybeelight

Previous

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork