Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Lucky Mojo Candles: General Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Lucky Mojo Candles: General Questions and Answers

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:06 pm

LoveMyDogs,

Here it is: post178811.html#p178811

Take care

sun1229
Forum Member

Unread post by sun1229 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi, I'm new here. I'm interested in having lucky mojo burn a uncrossing/ jinx removing candles for me, but I don't know who has done work against me. But I'm ready to start living a happy life with good luck and remove all the negative, blockage from my life and path. Do I have to know who the person is to purchase these candles and have lucky mojo burn for me?

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:46 pm

Hi sun1229,

You don't need the name of a specific person to have an Uncrossing/Jinx Removal candle set for you. Your petition is for all negative energy and blockages to be removed, and that should suffice.

If you wanted to reverse the jinx to the person who sent it, then knowing their identity can help.

But you should be OK for your Uncrossing work.

Good luck.
HRCC #1909G

sun1229
Forum Member

Unread post by sun1229 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:40 am

Thank you so much. I been wanting to purchase this for a while but thought I had to have the name of the person.

Luckyyone
Forum Member

Unread post by Luckyyone » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:37 pm

I have a question and it has come up in the past but I've never asked.
I've been working with LM products for awhile. And I'm working on my special someone right now. He's been looking else where and I dislike it but I'm trying to stay patient. I wanna start playing "games" like he is. But not sure if this would jeopardize my work. I want him to realize that I'm perfect for him.
I've been jumping and dropping everything when he calls me or text messages me. But I now want to act like I'm busy sometimes. Will this hurt my work? Playing the "dating game"?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:14 pm

Hello, Luckyyone,

That's a Very good question but I don't have the answer. Sorry!

A reader can answer this better because they can read into the consequences (or inconsequences) of intended actions

http://readersandrootworkers.org

Sorry I couldn't help

take care

Bunny311
Newly Registered

Unread post by Bunny311 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:36 am

Ive been doing candlework (love spell) daily on someone for months. Its a hard target. Hes not in good health. Im afraid it could be making him sick or weaker. Should I stop? How frequently should candlework be repeated? I feel like I should and just warm my honey jar at night on top of a tartwarmer and just wait for results at this point.

sun1229
Forum Member

Unread post by sun1229 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:48 pm

Hello, i just purchased another candle for lucky mojo to burn for me and I want to order a couple more, 1 would be court case to win my disability appeal, but i haven't recieved a hearing date yet nor do i have a clue when i will recieve one. Should i wait until I receive the date or would it work anytime as long as one has been burned? I just wanted to know cause money is tight, so i try to do things while and when i have the money to do it. Thanks to any answers, i appreciate all

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:25 pm

Hello, Bunny311,

That won' affect his health at all.

he's got other problems.

But, if you're afraid, then cut it down to Mon, Wed, and Fri. (OR just Fridays of the waxing moon)

Continue your honey jar as you are doing.

Wishing you the best

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:27 pm

Hello, sun1229,

It wouldn't hurt to stat one now and then do another as closer to the court date (but make sure it had been started and finished before the actual date)

Wishing you the very best with this

Take care

Bunny311
Newly Registered

Unread post by Bunny311 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:21 am

Thank you so much Aida. What a relief.

sun1229
Forum Member

Unread post by sun1229 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:11 pm

Thanks miss Aida. That makes a lot of sense. I'm going to go ahead and purchase one this week

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:17 pm

Hello, sun1229,

Wishing you the very best

Midwest Panther 46
Forum Member

Unread post by Midwest Panther 46 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:35 pm

I have a come to me candle. I have to light the candle and placed it over a piece of parchment paper with a name crossed over another nine times. I'm required to read the song of Solomon's. Do i read the entire song of Solomon because i'm a man fixing a candle over a girl but i noticed that the entire song of Solomon's looks like it reads for the most part for a lady. Also do i just burn one candle or can i also burn a reconciliation candle to which it also want's me to read Song of Solomon's. Can i burn it from 6 pm to 12 pm or do i need to burn it longer because it will difficult because i work in the morning and i live with my parents. So they might stumble upon the candle! :geek:

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:55 pm

Hello, Midwest Panther 46 ,

Yes, you can burn the candle from 6 to 12. No problem.

Now, the Song of Solomon does have parts that I have interpreted as a man reading it.

You don't have to read the entire song (although I do: every part of it) Pray the parts that pertain to you and what you want (and what feels right for you)

Some people only read a few verses.

I hope this helps

BrotherBone
Forum Member

Unread post by BrotherBone » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:22 pm

I know that catholics don't view novenas as spells or witchcraft, but I heard the effects can be quite magical. I never did a novena before but I was wondering do novenas need visualization and energy work for it to work, like a spell should? Or does it work by saying prayers every day for nine days and possibly giving an offering afterwords. What I'm trying to say Is that I want to know the mechanics of a general traditional catholic novena so I can add stuff it later on to produce a more powerfuller magical effect,

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:40 pm

Hello, BrotherBone,

Well, I am a Catholic and I do consider Novenas as a type of spell

To answer your question:

It is supposed to work by praying and begging like a child. It is like a child pleading with your parent (the Saint) to help you: their child.

So, does that count as energy? Yes! Do you want to visualize? Yes you can do that too.

Praying for 9 days without any effort and just reading the words most likely won't help you with your petition/plea.

I have said this before on the forum: Be HUMBLE, be RESPECTFUL, and be GRATEFUL. Honor your promises (your offering or whatever you had promised)

Remember one thing: If you are making a Novena to God, do NOT make promises. You can make promises to the Saints.

The actual mechanics of a spell or Novena? If I knew that, I would be rich!!

LOL

Also, we realize that you are new. But PLEASE do not start new topics. Post on the appropriate treads.

Catlady409
Forum Member

Unread post by Catlady409 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Hello everyone!

Hope this is the right place to ask.

I'm gathering everything for my first honey jar and have a question about candles.

The situation with my person is that we already click very well and the passion aspect is there already, but he needs to clear his mind (lots going on in his personal life) and I would like him to commit to me. I know he has feelings for me, but there's external things that prevent him from being able to commit (family issues and work, nothing to do with me). I was also thinking of getting Stay with Me oil to dress the candles.

I bought a large pink candle (love) and wanted to burn it at the same time as two smaller white candles (for clarity/peace) and maybe add a small red candle (passion).

1) Should I stick to one color or is mixing colors fine for what I described?

2) Is it recommended to burn all the same sizes candles or can I mix sizes?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:59 pm

Hello, Catlady409 ,

I would recommended using different days for the different intentions. But not all on the same day together.

I like burning the same sizes for the same intent.

But, you can mix them: one size for love and one size for your other work. But a nice skull candle (on the jar) that Lucky Mojo sells on top of the jar would be nice for the clarity work. They are just the perfect size!

Catlady409
Forum Member

Unread post by Catlady409 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:40 pm

Thank you for the insight! My LM cart is filling up with things.... Pay day can't be soon enough! :geek:

shellbellzer
Forum Member

Unread post by shellbellzer » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:14 am

Hello, just had a quick question about lm candle services. I ordered my candle on March 20th. I hadn't received anything by March 31st so I had emailed asking for an update. I got a reply saying my candle hadn't even been lit until March 28th and now we're now April 12th and still nothing. Is this normal to take so long for a candle report? My first candle order hadn't taken this long.

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Hello shellbellzer,

This can depend on how busy they are at the MISC church. They are lighting and making reports on hundreds of candles so they may just not have gotten yours read yet. I would recommend calling MISC, 707-887-7808, and checking with them on the status of your candle reading.

Peace~

Nathen

shellbellzer
Forum Member

Unread post by shellbellzer » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:08 am

Ok tyvm

Lovemydogs
Forum Member

Unread post by Lovemydogs » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:53 pm

Hello everyone,

Is there a specific candle spell used if you just want to make all of the annoying people in your neighborhood disappear when all you want to do is just take your dogs out for a 10 min. walk?

Sorry to be a bother about this and I am in the middle of doing some love work that is working wonderfully now.

Thank You.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:16 pm

Hello, Lovemydogs ,

www.luckymojo.com/banishing.html

But, you need to take a stance and start suing for violating your civil rights if they are harassing you.

Hand held video cameras (as your proof) are dirt cheap now. I found one for only $20.00

I hope this helps

take care

Lovemydogs
Forum Member

Unread post by Lovemydogs » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:46 pm

Thank You Miss Aida,

I actually have a hand-held video attached to my cell and one posted above my garage. I just never thought of carrying my cell with me while its recording because I just wanted to concentrate on the running around with my dog, but now I will start carrying my cell while it is in record mode when I take them out. I'll know what to do from there because I won't mind contacting the police on anyone here.
I will read up on the Banishing products in the meantime,
Thank You.

Lovemydogs
Forum Member

Unread post by Lovemydogs » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:51 pm

Hello Miss Aida,

Sorry to bother you again but I have been searching all over to read up more on the Banishing products. All I have viewed was the link to purchase the oil, incense, sachet powder and bath crystals. Can you please provide me with the link so that I could read up on it and learn how to use them effectively?

Thank You.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Hello, LoveMyDogs,

You are NOT bothering me!!

Try this subforum thread: banishing-oil-questions-and-answers-t12744.html

Also, laying tricks with the products: www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

And use the products as you would for crossing spells: www.luckymojo.com/crossing.html

I hope this helps

Take care

BrotherBone
Forum Member

Unread post by BrotherBone » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:10 pm

I am planning on doing a candle spell for a course of nine days and I was gonna let the candle melt a certain amount each day, till its gone. What are some ways I can spend my time while i let the candle melt to the right amount each day, till its done? Do I keep saying a prayer the whole way through or do I just let it burn after I chant a few a words?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:14 pm

Hello, BrotherBone,

From the terminology you are using (magic with a k, the word "chant") it seems to me that you may have come here thinking this is a generic or a ceremonial magick or a Pagan forum. This is a site for African American hoodoo. You don't need to be Black to read or post here, of course. (I am not, and i am the founder of the site.) But you ought to get accustomed to how we work. So ...

We spell magic with just a "c". No "k" -- It is a common English word and we are common folks.

We don't "chant" or "intone" special words. We do pray both by quoting scripture and freely, in our own words. We may also make commands or speak our honest minds.

Okay, now on to your questions!

The typical way to work is to light the candlestate your prayers or intentions and then remain near the candle if you can, just to watch for signs (sudden flare-ups, smoke puffs, pops and hisses). However, if you cannot, then just check in on the candle a few times during the time it is burning.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

PrysmSong
Forum Member

Unread post by PrysmSong » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:43 pm

I am a doing the Attraction Spell kit for my friend to find her soul mate. Last night was the sixth night I lit the incense, the candle and fed the loadstone. The knob takes so long to burn I fell asleep and when I woke up the candle was out but not burned to the socket. There was plenty of candle left to burn. My question, Should I relight the candle tonight the seventh night or just leave it and the spell won't work? Do I still light the incense and feed the lodestone? Help Please! :(

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi PrysmSong,

Welcome to the forum! When you get a chance (and assuming you wish to do so), please introduce yourself in the Introductions thread.

It is very kind of you to help your friend like this. It shows you are a kind and caring person.

I would be a little concerned that the candle extinguished itself before burning out of wax. This is generally an unfavorable sign. If it were me, I would start a new candle and be more vigilant while it is burning. Resume the incense and feeding of the lodestone when you begin the new candle.

You could re-light the old one and hope for the best, but I would consider it a failure. I'm sorry.

Good luck!
HRCC #1909G

PrysmSong
Forum Member

Unread post by PrysmSong » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:13 pm

Oh she is going through such a tough time. I hate that I let her down. :( I will re-light it as well as try again next month. You see I waited awhile to start it so it could end on a full moon. Thank you for your response. I knew it wasn't a good sign but I still wanted to re-light it if it wasn't really bad to do so.

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi PrysmSong,

You could always try, it never hurts! I hope it works out well for you and your friend.

You're a dear to care so much about her happiness. We could all use genuine friends like you!

Best of luck for your success.
HRCC #1909G

world
Forum Member

Unread post by world » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:17 am

hello
please guide me easy i am newbie
i know every candle color is for especially work for example pink candle for love or green for money but for example if we don't have red or pink or green candle or ......... can we use only white color ? for example can we dressing or anointing ATTRACTION or COME TO ME OIL or DO AS I SAY luckymojo oil or other oil on white candle color ?
is there any difference or is white candle have effect
because i have only white candle
thank you

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:47 pm

Hello, world ,

Yes. You can use white to replace any color.

White is all purpose. But the respective candle colors would be stronger.

Wishing you the best

Take care

sarake
Forum Member

Unread post by sarake » Sun May 15, 2016 7:17 am

I am working with blockbuster vigil candle, and I am about to wrap pepper and salt in my name paper. But on the instruction it says I will need to throw it into the "running water, and I'm not near any running water... Is it okay for me to throw it in the sink and let the water rush it down to the sink and pipes? Would that work? Thank you!

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Sun May 15, 2016 1:52 pm

Hello sarake,

I would not recommend that at all! It will wash your desires down the drain as well! Where do you live? It would be beneficial to find some running water somewhere even if it is a drive for you. If you absolutely can not get to a river or the ocean or even a creek somewhere then read over this page to get an idea of the different methods of deployment and disposal to see what will work best for your situation.

Peace~

Nathen

sarake
Forum Member

Unread post by sarake » Mon May 16, 2016 10:02 am

Oh my gosh... I actually just flushed it down the toliet because I thought it as the obstacles and blocks that are in my way. So as I flushed them down, cast them out and break the blocks that are in my way, I shall achieve my goals. Is it a bad idea to do so...?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon May 16, 2016 8:50 pm

Hello, sarake,

That was a bad idea.

You'll have to perform the spell again

Sorry

sarake
Forum Member

Unread post by sarake » Wed May 18, 2016 6:15 pm

I see... May I ask why it is a bad idea? Also is there any alternative way for the running water? Thank you.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed May 18, 2016 8:11 pm

Hello, sarake,

You flushed a good spell in the toilet which goes into reservoir of urine and shit.

What does this say, symbolically, about your spell?

This is NOT fresh running water. It has instead been disposed into filth. And putting this in the toilet symbolically suggests that it is filth.

Look at other means of deployment: www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

This will be the end of this conversation as both natstein and I have answered the best we can.

Take care

sarake
Forum Member

Unread post by sarake » Tue May 24, 2016 12:33 pm

I see. Thanks for replying! I thought symbolically the paper could be seen as blocks and obstacles. But thanks for clarifying!

LuckyLady1040
Forum Member

Unread post by LuckyLady1040 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:15 pm

I am not sure if this post is in the right subject.
Anyway, there is this guy I have been dating for 2.5 months. He is out of town 3k miles away visiting his grandmother because she is dying. I want him to miss me and call me. What is the right candle to use and what should I have in the petition?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:45 pm

Hello, LuckyLady1040,

I would have the Mercury candle set for calling you

And the Come to Me with a petition saying that he misses and wants to come to you

I hope this helps

Wishing you the best

LuckyLady1040
Forum Member

Unread post by LuckyLady1040 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:20 pm

I am trying to get over a casual relationship that didn't work out. What candle should I order from the mission church and what petition should I use?

Are any other spells that I could use at home that don't require candles?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:17 pm

Hello, LuckyLady1040 ,

Try this page that may answer both your questions.

But, without a candle, your spell would be weaker. Could you use a smaller candle such as a four inch (2 hour) candle?

www.luckymojo.com/cutandclear.html

www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html#altar

I hope this helps

LuckyLady1040
Forum Member

Unread post by LuckyLady1040 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:58 am

When I order the cut and clear spell candle at the mission church, what should I put in the petition?

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:57 pm

Hi LuckyLady1040,

You would state that you want to be free from feeling any emotions towards your target. Word it the way you would say it if stating your goal. Petitions are very personal, so choose the language that feels right to you and your situation.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC #1909G

blessedfavors32
Forum Member

Unread post by blessedfavors32 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:05 pm

Help!! Hello everyone, I'm new to this and I'm unsure of how to use candles. I have six inch purple,white,green,and black candles. Can someone tell me how to use them please.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:22 pm

Hello, Blessedfavors32,

Teaching you what to do with the candles is very involved.

You can check the forum for answers on candles as there are many suggestions here.

Find them here: candles-trim-carve-load-petition-pray-d ... t9108.html

AND I highly recommend this book to teach you exactly what to do:

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Lovemydogs
Forum Member

Unread post by Lovemydogs » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:55 pm

Hello everyone,

Sorry to bother you all but I had a question involving the Lady Luck spell kit. I was burning the candles and working with the spell kit for my father as he is in general very lucky when he goes to gamble with anything but he is having a difficult time with his money as he ended up losing a majority of it paying lawyers that told him that they could help him with an issue.

So because I had done the work with this spell kit for my father and he hasn't hit it big with the lottery or at the horse races, do you think it could be me- not my father this time??? I had done some cleansing on myself a few months ago and haven't done anything bad with any spellwork so what do you think?

Thank You for your help.

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:38 pm

Hi Lovemydogs,

You asked this same question in another thread, where you were answered. Please see the reply there, and in future please post your questions only once and in the correct thread. This is for Lucky Mojo candles, not spell kits.

Thanks.
HRCC #1909G

sunnysun
Forum Member

Unread post by sunnysun » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:14 am

Hey peeps

I just had a general question regarding candle colours.
Is there any use for silver or gold candles ? I noticed a lot of colours are used but silver and gold dont
Seem to come up much,

Many thanks

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ProphetAvery
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by ProphetAvery » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:08 pm

Hi Sunnysun,

I love using Gold and Silver candles for prosperity workings. Also, Gold is the color often most associated with the Sun, and the zodiac sign Leo. So this would go great with those type of working. Silver is associated with the moon and is also great for money getting as well (silver being the same color as most currency/coins).
God Bless St. Expedite, Archangel Michael!
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1860G

sunnysun
Forum Member

Unread post by sunnysun » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:55 pm

Ahhhh that would make sense, thank you !!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

neonwaosy
Forum Member

Unread post by neonwaosy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:03 pm

Hello everyone
Please help me out.
What color of candle is best for blockbuster and which for road opener.
Thank you all.
Neon

ProphetAvery
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by ProphetAvery » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:06 pm

Hi Neon,

Orange and yellow are great colors for road opening.

For a full list of the use of colors in hoodoo candle magic you can check out the colors list here: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html#colour
God Bless St. Expedite, Archangel Michael!
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1860G

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:03 pm

Hello, neonwaosy,

In addition to Prophet Avery's suggestions, Lucky Mojo uses red for blockbuster.

I personally use orange for both.

Look at thee pages:

www.luckymojo.com/blockbuster.html

www.luckymojo.com/roadopener.html

Wishing you great success

take care

neonwaosy
Forum Member

Unread post by neonwaosy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:40 am

Thank you miss Aida and Prophet Avery. I appreciate your time and advice.
Neon

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”