Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Lucky Mojo Candles: General Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Lucky Mojo Candles: General Questions and Answers

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:36 pm

Hello, jen342,

This could be interpreted many ways.

But I would continue the candle. Spirit may have wanted a personal concern of yours.

That is my gut feeling.

Take care

Moonbeam38
Forum Member

Unread post by Moonbeam38 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:47 am

It’s been awhile since I’ve done candle work and I think I need to do some work for my love relationship. I was thinking of doing a run of 3 bride and groom candles but just need some direction on which color. We’ve been having a lot of disagreements and just not getting along great. A lot of the compassion and caring seems to be strained between us and we are struggling to get along. We want to stay together and work on things but it isn’t going so well. I thought some candles might help. But which bride and groom candle would be best. Blue or pink? We need to end the quarreling and restore the passion. Both seem to apply but I’m not sure if one color would be better than the other or if I should mix and match or do 3 of blue and 3 of pink. Any suggestions and guidance anyone could offer would be most helpful. Thanks!

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:30 pm

Hello Moonbeam38,

I'd start with blue candles to heal raw feelings and past hurts, then pink for love and care, then red for passion.

Hope that helps!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

Moonbeam38
Forum Member

Unread post by Moonbeam38 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:58 am

Yes that does help thank you! How many should I do if each?

SagittariusLover128
Forum Member

Unread post by SagittariusLover128 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:52 am

I've been researching some things as far as sending someone away, but I saw something online that said I would need a black candle, but having a candle in the image of a man or woman would work better. Is that true and if so, where can I find such candle?
Thank you St. Jude! Your help was much appreciated!

RevJames
HRCC Student

Unread post by RevJames » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:00 am

Inquiringminds128 -

All of Lucky Mojo's figure candles can be found here - http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html#figural

These might be what your looking for specifically:
http://www.luckymojo.com/candle-gentleman-black.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/candle-lady-black.html

Hope that helps!
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148

SagittariusLover128
Forum Member

Unread post by SagittariusLover128 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:09 am

Thank you so much RevJames!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:35 pm

RevJames Rocks!!

And, by the way, many of the questions posed in this thread are answered -- and elaborated on in this book:

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

stargazefo
Newly Registered

Unread post by stargazefo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:13 pm

Hello. Brand new to posting. So it's a little confusing on how and where to post.

I have a question and I'm sure it's on here somewhere but I can't find it- but I want to ask if it's okay to burn more than one spell/fixed candle at a time? I've read it's best to focus on 1 so the intention is strongest but what if I have 2 candles that are similar and feel like they could be burned the same time? Or is it best to just focus on 1?

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:32 am

Hello stargazefo,

If you have two candles that you feel should be burned together, go for it. I think it just depends on your skill and focus level whether you burn candles at the same time. Some people need to do them one at a time so they can focus, others can burn more than one at a time. So just feel out what you can handle.

Take care.

Muneca_Doll
Forum Member

Unread post by Muneca_Doll » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:55 am

This is a question regarding 3 candles I am buying from lucky mojo regarding my terrible neighbor. First I must give a bit of a backstory, I am a candle MAKER, and will make candles like this for others with help from elders..but FOR ME when it comes to these sorts of candles I buy them, especially since lucky mojo fixes them. She has cursed me through the walls (w loud voice so I could hear) with some sort of egg ritual very loudly around 2 most ago, then when her daughter arrived home later that day with groceries, I guess she purchased eggs, and the woman loudly said "we love eggs" numberous times. She has said nasty things about me in the hallway, one time about my candle scents I was purchasing on the phone. Another time outside because I said to myself, oh these candles are lovely. I heard a response "try ugly".. where she knew I could hear (I live in an apartment) and in general, I believe she is working against me, or at least sending out negativity towards me. I clean my doorknob with Florida water often. Funny thing is when she first moved in I offered her 2 normal candles I had made as a house warming gift. Very nicely designed, too.. with the smell of gardenia for one and patchouli for the other. I was trying to be nice. I heard through in another conversation VERY LOUD ..she threw them away immediately because she doesn't trust anyone who makes candles. That hurt because they took like an hour to make, and the drying process is over 24 hrs, and I believe this woman is horrible. She's an enemy. So fast forward and thanks for listening, I am purchasing 3 candles from lucky mojo, the confusion candle, the crossing candle, and the hot foot. My question is.. are these good choices? Should I burn them all at once? I have a main altar candle it's candle is a red one shaped as a Cross w keys since Jesus is who I pray to.. should I light that before lighting the candles then pray and light them..? Then, snuff out my cruciform candle? Or should I NOT light all three at once and pray each prayer with the altar candle lit, snuff out, then let that ONE CANDLE burn... Then go on to the next, ect. Is this just totally a bad idea? Please excuse my ignorance, I just began practicing in June. I'm here to learn my path. Need guidance and help. I have learned a lot here and Thanks in advance about the candle questions. I'm so sorry for anything I may have posted that I shouldn't have.

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:35 am

Hello Muneca_Doll,

I'm sorry you're having to deal with such an awful person, especially after you tried to make friends with her. I think you could light the Confusion, Crossing and Hot Foot candles all at the same time, to help get her moved out of there and kicked in the butt in the process. Make sure you bathe with hyssop when you're done because this is heavy work:

http://www.herbmagic.com/hyssop.html

When you light your altar candle is up to you, you could light it just when you light your other candles and then snuff it out, or light it and let it burn down.

Take care.

Muneca_Doll
Forum Member

Unread post by Muneca_Doll » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:56 am

Thanks. She is so horrible. Before her, I had another bad neighbor, did a ritual and she moved, that one called the cops twice for being loud because of intimacy!!! but this one is much worse because she does magic.. but anyone who does magic that Loudly and in the open like that,even though I just started my path in June, i really really think they are not knowing much of what they are doing. Who does their magic so loudly??? I'll do the triple candles.. and burn the altar candle down, thank you for that.. I was just going to snuff it out.. what should I do with that left over wax? And when the 3 are done.. I do have a little hyssop here,a small baggie, .2oz. I'll dump all of it in a bath after a shower and shave, and bathe in it.. any psalms or prayers to say after or extras in the bath?.. should i sprinkle black salt in it?I actually added a peaceful home candle into my cart.. to burn too.. after the hyssop bath. What are your suggestions on the black salt, bath additions or prayers, and left over wax suggestions? Thank you so much, again... Many, Many blessings to you

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:19 am

Hello Muneca_Doll,

When you take a hyssop bath, it's traditional to recite Psalm 51, which is written out on this page about crossing:

http://www.luckymojo.com/crossing.html

And you don't need to add anything else to the bath other than the hyssop. Take a cupful of the water to the crossroads when you are done.

Since the altar candle was burned just a general spiritual candle, you can bury the wax from that candle in your front yard.

Take care.

apngaa
Forum Member

Unread post by apngaa » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:32 am

Does each type of candle have a particular type of spell that they are supposed to be used for? For example, when would I use a tea light over a vigil candle? Also, do smaller candles work faster (ex: would I use a tea light in a spell to see faster results?)

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:25 am

Hello apngaa,

It all depends on your needs, the goal of the spell, the way you want to work, and what materials you have on hand. If I wanted to get a job, a glass-encased vigil candle burned over seven days would give the spell a lot of oomph, but if I was in a pinch, a tea light would work too, but maybe wouldn't be as powerful. Make sense? So it depends on the situation. The more you read this forum and study, the more you'll understand.

Take care.

Muneca_Doll
Forum Member

Unread post by Muneca_Doll » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:59 am

Hi sister Jean, thank you so much for your replies, I purchased EVERYTHING from lucky mojo this morning, all 3 candles, and a peaceful home candle to burn after all is done, the altar candle, including the hyssop. The problem is I don't have a don't have a front yard, I love in an apartment. We have cement! should I take that wax to the crossroads with me too and throw it over my shoulder with the bath water??

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:46 am

Hello Muneca_Doll,

You could always bury the wax in a potted plant and put it by your front door. If that's not possible then crossroads deployment is fine. It's a more neutral place to deploy spell remnants.

Take care.

Muneca_Doll
Forum Member

Unread post by Muneca_Doll » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:58 am

Sister Jean, you're the best for your time and replies..My front door is rows and blocks of carpeted apartment doors. I guess I'll take it with me with the hyssop bath water and leave it all there when I'm done. Ugh!! Right now that dreaded woman is blasting music so loud it's shaking the walls, when I came home nothing was on, mind you. I really hope my ritual works. Should I write a petition under the candles, her name and my desires for her for each of them or something? I never want to see her again or her annoying family again. She's been an enemy for some time. I know her boyfriend's first name (the only one who's shown me kindness, or that I exsist, I heard him stick up for me when she was putting me down loudly in there, too), i know her favorite daughter's first name, granddaughters first name, too. She makes life hell on a daily basis. Again thanks for all this info. LM processed my order, I've been waiting over a week for it.. something might have not been in stock. I hope their stock doesn't take that long to come in. I really want this woman to be quiet and leave me alone...or better.. move far far far away. She's made my little home.. a place that used to be peaceful.. loud.. obnoxious, and annoying..where I need earplugs most of the day just so I don't explode. and so uncomfortable for me. Anyway hope to hear back about petition?? Do the family names help, and if so what should I do with them??? Also when waiting for LM stock, if that's my case.. will I have to wait months more before I can try to get ahold of this horrid situation??... Again, blessings, and than you so much for your time for all my questions on the candles.

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:36 am

Hello Muneca_Doll,

Just keep it simple. Get a small square of paper with four torn edges, and on one side write all the names of the people who you want to expel from that apartment. And over and over on the names, write "LEAVE!" "GO!" "GET OUT OF HERE!" till you can't see the names anymore. Put it facedown under the candle then burn the candle.

As for your order, I'm afraid I can't look that up for you, but if you call the shop, they can tell you where your order is at in the process of being put together and shipped.

Good luck!

Muneca_Doll
Forum Member

Unread post by Muneca_Doll » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:57 am

Hi Sister Jean! BLESS YOU!! My parcel arrived. It took about 3 weeks, but that's ok, and the work has begun. I wrote one petition for all 3, and it was big enough to fit under all 3 (they are kind of small). I started a Tuesday night when the moon was waning. I thought that was a good choice. I did what you said for all three, writing the names and blotting them out w GO, LEAVE, ECT., and WOW was God was on my side..these people are so sneaky. I HAD TO WRITE YOU. The "boyfriend" of the woman, told my friend who lives upstairs, who also has a problem with them,cause she thinks she saw one of them going in her car, (she leaves it unlocked because it used to be a somewhat trusting community before they came).Also, even though shes upstairs, they are annoying her with their noisy outrageously unpeaceful, no regards type lifestyle. Singing songs to a baby loudly, who can't even walk yet, and screaming PEEK A BOO, past midnight.. regardless, this "boyfriend" I thought his name was Victor... is her "brother" to my friend! named, what she thinks she remembered he said was something like Alejandro! LIARS!! HOWEVER, I do know for a fact the woman's real name. It's on her mailbox and I've seen mail parcels with the name on it outside her door. So on the 3 pieces on paper you told me to write the names, at least I know this one is correct. The other guy, I just put "---'s brother?-a man with many names (skinny man w tattoos)." Then I know her daughter's name, as they scream it all the time, so I wrote that one. I know the baby's name, but I didn't put it on the paper. Just those three. If the mother and grandmother goes, the baby goes. Plus, I don't wish harm on a baby. In the petition I mentioned the baby, I mentioned that the woman hates therapy, she bashes it, and avoids it. On a personal note I am in therapy for PTSD, and I hated a lot of it in the beginning, but now after much trial and error of looking around, I love my therapist.THIS WOMAN..She does not try. In my eyes she doesn't want help to be a better person. Her only joy AS WELL, seems to be this baby. She doesn't smile. My petition was that she be taken far away to a place of long term, inpatient therapy, that she very much disliked, where she had no full access to her family. She's a terrible person. The crossing candle perhaps is to hate it so much, she has no choice BUT to improve, and she will see where actions like hers take her. Now, on to my question. So I did what you told me LEAVE, GO AWAY, ECT. till you couldn't see then placed downward, ect. I lit my altar candle, then the 3 LM, and began praying. BUT THE CROSSING CANDLE LOOKED LIKE IT WAS ABOUT TO GO OUT. flame looked like it was straight about to die. So I prayed and said God please give me some fast luck and don't let it die, and right there was fast luck oil.. and I put a drop of it. Almost immediately, it rose bright and started burning. But now.. it seems to be burning faster than the others. Did I screw up? Should I drop it in the other 2? Also, today the flames began dancing.. and when I lit my altar candle, before I began praying, my LM confusion candle cackled and let off a BIG puff of COMPLETELY WHITE smoke. I've never seen that. Can you tell me any info? Sorry for all the questions and bless you for all your guidance through my process with the LM CANDLES. You have the patience and kindness of a saint.

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:35 pm

Hello Muneca_Doll,

Thanks for updating us on your situation! I'm sorry, but we don't provide candle divination here. If you're wanting to learn about the progress of your work, I'd advise getting a quick reading or checking out this page:

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

http://hoodoopsychics.com/
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

Take care.

SpellsnSuch
Forum Member

Unread post by SpellsnSuch » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:54 pm

Apologies if this is the wrong place to write this but I don’t see a section labeled “Black witch candle”. I noticed on the lucky mojo website there is one for sale, what is the purpose of this specific candle?

*cant find info about it anywhere

Muneca_Doll
Forum Member

Unread post by Muneca_Doll » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:52 am

Dearest Sister Jean, Thanks for all you've done for me advice wise, and I understand completely that you cannot guide me throughout the divination process. This forum is free, too. But just for an update they're all going at the same rate now and the people are all quiet now.. weird! Lol ....Anyway, Wish me luck and I'll go to your link and maybe I will get a reading from LM. I did close my eyes and shuffle my tarot and ask, "let me pull one card to see my overall outcome of this ritual" I PULLED THE 6 OF CLUBS UPRIGHT. Great Card!! Anyhow, hope to talk in the future, perhaps about other candles Ive purchased from LM(non divination questions) !!! I also know now not to ask divination questions here, so thank you. You learn a lot by posting, and being part of a forum. Rules are important because you want to be a good example (at least I do). I'm part of another group, an amino, and very high ranking there, but boy did I have to learn a lot of rules before I got that rank, and I did so by just being active. Anyway, enough of my rambling, Blessings to you and all you do. -Until!...

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:59 pm

Hello SpellsnSuch,

I'd imagine that this candle would be used to tap into dark, witchy forces for a spell, or used in ancestor work, especially if that ancestor was a healer, or a rootworker, or even a witch! Hope that helps!

Luckylady123
Forum Member

Unread post by Luckylady123 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:11 am

Hello all! Hello Sister Jean!
A few quick deployment questions!
Does the ocean count as running water or does it need to be a river/lake? Does salt water ruin anything?
(People have told me the ovean ‘doesnt count’) ??
I have seen people say they bury their jar at a cross roads and others say they open the jar and pour out the remnants in the middke of the crossroads? Is their one specific practice? Can this be for both positive and negative works?

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:48 am

Hello Blackcattt0123,

Running water is a river or a creek.

The ocean is also running water, when the tide runs. There are numerous references in Harry Hyatt's interviews with black root doctors of the 1930s to the use of the tide waters (in Maryland and in Louisiana) as running water.

A lake doesn't count as running water.

The difference in the manner of deployment comes down to preference, I believe. Some people prefer to bury, some people prefer to dump out the contents. You can read more about deployment here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Take care.

stargazefo
Newly Registered

Unread post by stargazefo » Mon May 07, 2018 7:46 am

Hello,

I want to work with candles and set a petition for my job and another candle concerning success on something else.

Question is, can I use the one candle with two different petitions that concern success in two different matters or do I have to use two candles, one for each petition?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon May 07, 2018 9:02 am

If the topics are very different -- say, marriage and moving the bad neighbors away -- you would use one candle for each petition because one is to attract and one is to repel.

If, on the other hand, you had several job prospects, you could place the logo for each company under one candle.
catherine yronwode

SkyAngel1
Newly Registered

Unread post by SkyAngel1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:29 am

Greetings to all.
If at all possible, I’d like to get advice as to a shifting wick. I’ve burned several candles on my alter, and at least 4 of them recently (wicks) has shift completely to the right, burning the glass heavily. Cleansing for myself. I will say that there’s a statue of the (Lady of Mount Carmel - Brown Scapular, holding the baby) never known to fail on my alter. The wick shifts toward her scapular as they both are carrying one. This has never happened before getting the statue. Informed that something was set to follow me causing incomplete love/relationships, which bring about nightmares, obstacles and rapid heart rate. assistance is welcome. Thank you.

Love & Light.

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:04 am

Hello SkyAngel1,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum! Are all the candles related to cleansing? There may be some sort of blockage that needs to be cleared first. I'd suggest burning the Road Opener candle next, and then see how the next cleansing candle burns. I'd recommend doing some divination on the topic too, to see what's going on.

http://www.luckymojo.com/candle-road-opener.html

I hope that helps!

SkyAngel1
Newly Registered

Unread post by SkyAngel1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:36 pm

Thank you so much.

SagittariusLover128
Forum Member

Unread post by SagittariusLover128 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:20 pm

I read in The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic to use wooden matches. Is that the only type of fire that should be used? I’m asking because me and striking matches don’t get along at all.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:24 pm

inquiringminds128

I think you misread my book. I prefer wooden matches, but in no way, shape, or form is there anything in that book or in conjure as a social and cultural phenomenon that arbitrates how you acquire a flame!

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

SagittariusLover128
Forum Member

Unread post by SagittariusLover128 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:50 am

Thank you Catherine! Great book by the way, I’ve learned a lot from it. I’ll definitely be purchasing more books!

Becks085
Newly Registered

Unread post by Becks085 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:44 am

I have started some candle work, but something doesn’t sit right with me. So I was wondering can I just snuff out the candle and start over my work fresh when it feels right? Or should I leave the candle to burn out?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:05 am

Becks085 --

Of course you may put out the candles. Performing magic is an act of will. Your own will directs your activities.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Lovemydogs
Forum Member

Unread post by Lovemydogs » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:53 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have not been to any forum since early this year. I was wondering if you could suggest a candle or a spell to bring more love or a new love into my life. I've had a bad year and its not even done and one of my dogs had to be put down from kidney/liver failures so I'm having a hard time getting back to love or general love in life. ;(

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You.

RevJames
HRCC Student

Unread post by RevJames » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:40 pm

Lovemydogs,

Welcome back! I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, and your health issues, but we're glad to have you with us again!

I think being your looking to draw some new and unknown love, Come To Me sounds like the candle for you.

You can read more about Come To Me products here - http://www.luckymojo.com/cometome.html
Or about Come To Me candle works in the forums here - come-to-me-vigil-candle-questions-and-a ... 25812.html

You may also find this topic on attracting friendship, new lover, or new relationship of interest - spells-to-attract-friendship-new-lover- ... -t283.html

You can order a candle here - http://www.luckymojo.com/candle-come-to-me.html
OR order a candle at Missionary Independent Spiritualist Church - http://missionaryindependent.org/candle ... to-me.html

When in doubt, get a reading! Many qualified workers over at AIRR - http://readersandrootworkers.org and HP - http://hoodoopsychics.com/ are waiting to steer you in the right direction.

Best of luck, and I hope your year improves before its over!
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148

Lovemydogs
Forum Member

Unread post by Lovemydogs » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:29 am

Thank you.

Haegtesse
Forum Member

Unread post by Haegtesse » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:24 pm

I'm doing a spell to return a lover. I burned a red skull candle, and was told to bury it in my front yard. I live in an apartment in the city. Should I leave the wax at a crossroad, bury it in a potted plant near my door? Any suggestions?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:30 pm

Haegtesse --

This page i wrote as part of my free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" gives the basis of disposals, so that you can make your own choices rather than follow someone's "rules."

Laying Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains
http://luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

If you still have questions after reading that page, just ask again.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

Haegtesse
Forum Member

Unread post by Haegtesse » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:35 pm

Thanks Cat,

I read the link, and it was very informative. Thank you.

I'm still confused as to what to do with the remaining wax. I can't bury it in my yard,cause I live in an apartment in the city. There are trees out front, that have sidewalk grates around them. I could slip it down into one. The other methods didn't seem right for the work I did. This was Conjure Man Ali's suggestion BTW.I was on your radio show on SEpt 2nd.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:40 pm

Haegtesse,

Cat gave you the post to a link she wrote as a means to empower you to learn about the tradition and how deployment methods are used.

Normally a front yard is to draw a backyard is to keep, crossroad is to disperse, running water to send away, under a porch in some spells to curse, cemetery to curse or put to death, burn to destroy. Some spells hidden in trees or holes in trees.

You live in an apartment, the easiest suggestion is the front yard of the apartment, or buy a plant and bury it in the house plant at your front door.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”