Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Lucky Mojo Candles: General Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
deewany

Re: Lucky Mojo Candles: General Questions and Answers

Unread post by deewany » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:19 am

Hi all,
I am new to Hoodoo, and i have a question about lighting candles. How many candles or how long a duration do i need to light the candles for a particular wish? Say, if i wanted to use the Come to Me and Reconciliation oil to anoint a candle, how many candles do i use and for how long?

Thx!

butchcomer
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by butchcomer » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:04 pm

There are some free candle spells you can try listed here:http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html#spells but if you're new at this sort of thing, a spell kit from LM would be a wise investment. The kits come with step by step instructions and are well worth the money, especially when you see results! lol Check them out here: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatspells.html Good luck with your candle magic!! :)

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:33 pm

I would get a pink vigil light and light it until the candle is done and melted. If you want to use free standing candles. I would get 7 candles, and light one per day, or you could burn it in portions.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

deewany

Unread post by deewany » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:15 am

Thanks guys.. I shall get a kit from LM, sounds better to start off..
Anyways ive got a reading with Miss Bri this Weds, will get more info on what exactly to do.. :-)

40thblack

Unread post by 40thblack » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:01 am

Hi everyone,
I have a question about the gold candles. Every time I burn the gold taper candles they pop and later go out. Does that mean that the coding of gold is doing this? I can see the gold bubbling up, and the wick gets swallowed up by the gold coding, causing popping. I don't know.

Thanks

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:05 pm

I have burned our Gold (and Silver) Tapers and have never had this problem. I'm not saying it's impossible, but, having never seen it, i really cannot comment on it in your case.

CAN-CTA-GO01
Taper Candle, Metallic Gold
$2.00

catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

luckyboy

Unread post by luckyboy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:17 pm

I just had the same problem. happy to know it wasn't only me I started to wonder if it was a sign that my candle wasn't accept but when relit it same thing candle was popping with the gold and flame was low and outed again

ElectroKid

Unread post by ElectroKid » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:37 am

Hello

Can i use a white candle or a yellow candle for Commanding and Compelling?

thanks

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:15 pm

Traditionally Purple is associated with Commanding and Compelling. Of course if you do not have purple you can use White.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:21 pm

Both Commanding Oil (for leadership) and Compelling Oil (for coercing someone to do something) are associaed with purple candles, but, as jwmclin so rightly said, if all you have is a white candle, then use that with either of these oils.

OIL-HOO-COMM
Commanding Oil
$6.00

and

OIL-HOO-COMP
Compelling Oil
$6.00

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:12 am

I've been interested in using the Lux Perpetua candles because they look very nice and the Candle Magic page of "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" says they're popular in Latin American magic. But what exactly are they used for?

I can tell that one of their uses are for devotion to and petitioning Christ and Mary, but do they have specific uses beyond those?
Thank you to St. Dymphna!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:19 am

Nope, that right there is their use! -- petitioning Jesus and Mary!

CAN-VOL-LPJ2
Lux Perpetua Candle, Mexico, 2" Jesus Ecce Homo
$2.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

CAN-VOL-LPM2
Lux Perpetua Candle, Mexico, 2 1/2" Maria Dolorosa
$3.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

CAN-VOL-LPM4
Lux Perpetua Candle, Mexico, 4 1/2" Maria Dolorosa
$5.00

catherine yronwode

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:48 am

Thanks Miss Cat! I'm looking forward to being able to use these candles.
Thank you to St. Dymphna!

brianaw

Unread post by brianaw » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:50 am

I am 6 months pregnant and have been dealing with the same man since i found out. its not his child biologically. he has 2 sons from a previous relationship and still has feelings for his ex unfortunately. i want a relationship with this man and i have burned come to me candles and santa martha candle which are clear. last night i burned a red male and red penis candle dressed with conquering love, fast luck, follow me boy, bend over and domination oil. i carved my name and his name on both candles and lit them both on top of his picture. did i do this correctly? i really need help on how to get him to come to me and be with me, recently he barely even talks to me. my candles have been burning pretty fast finishing about 2-3 days before they are supposed to. today i lit another santa martha candle and it formed 2 wicks. what does that mean? and the penis candle just went off this afternoon and its been burning since last night. .....i hope im not confusing anyone, im sorry lol. im just really eager and anxious and hormonal. HELP PLEASE. -Bri :)
Thank you la madama, oshun, and santa martha for everything. <3

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:07 pm

Hello, brianaw ,
I would strongly suggest a reading from either an AIRR member of a Hoodoo Psychic to fid out what's really going on. This sounds complicated an seems like more is missing to this story. The psychics can tell you the whole truth.
http://readersandrootowrkers.org
www.hoodoopsychics.com
Also, for candle divination, you can find your answer here www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
Wishing you the very best with this
HRCC Graduate #1631

frankwhite123

Unread post by frankwhite123 » Sat May 03, 2014 7:00 pm

I have a friend who I want to lose interest in someone. I do not wish to break them apart if I don't have to. I just want the boyfriend/girlfriend relationship interest to go away and have them just be friends. Is there any candle here for this?

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sun May 04, 2014 1:16 pm

Influence Products would be something to consider. There are Fixed Influence Candles you can purchase and burn at home, or, you can purchase an Influence Setting of Lights Service.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:14 pm

Reason: Post no longer needed
HRCC Graduate #1631

mmb

Unread post by mmb » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:43 pm

Hi everyone, I was wondering what do you all use to light the candles. I have gone through two candle lighters. Yesterday, I got it to light the candle in about the 10 time. But today, I just gave up. There is one that is also almost impossible to press down the buttons and light the candle. I spend all afternoon just trying to light the candle, and I never did light it. I know that all of them are supposed to be child safety, but they are too hard to use. Do you all still use just regular matches? Or is there any other brand that is better than the other one? I guess I just have very weak hands and I need something that is easy to use. I do not have any kids or pets in the house, so I don’t have to worry about it getting into the wrong hands. Thanks for your advice/suggestions.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:52 pm

Hello, mmb,

Try using long fireplace matches. www.luckymojo.com/mojocattools.html#matches

Good luck!!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

emdeluxe

Unread post by emdeluxe » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:39 pm

Hi all,
I was given a 7-candle menorah. Does anyone have any suggestions for using it in workings? Thanks!

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:07 pm

emdeluxe ,
jewish traditions are part of hoodoo ( pslams books of moses) I dont know a specific ritual that uses them though I do know may jewish candles compaines have sold candles used in hoodoo including chime candles which can be used in a menorah. I do think it can be used to honor God which is alaways a good thing.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:12 am

They're great to use in any 7-day spell, preparing and anointing all candles to be used and then daily burning one of the lot.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

emdeluxe

Unread post by emdeluxe » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:15 pm

Thank you!

karma_13

Unread post by karma_13 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:48 am

Hi, a few questions for anyone who can answer...

1.) I have a 4 yr old who gets into everything, as well as a nosey husband. If I start candle work in one place, (i.e. lighting the candle and letting it burn where I can attend to it), is it okay if after I snuff it out I put it somewhere safe and out of reach like in a cabinet, and then move it back out in the open the next day when I'm ready to light the candle again? Or no, keep it in it's same spot the entire time and don't disturb it?

2.) Is it okay to do break up work and love work in the same area or should I separate and do one in a different part of the house? I probably will be working in my basement in the storage room, that's not that loving of a place, I hope that's okay.

3.) When doing candle work, is it better to have encased fixed candles for backup work, pillar candles I've dressed and inscribed, figure candles/sexual member candles/master candles, or 4/6/9" alter candles I've dressed and inscribed?

4.) When writing petitions for love work, you fold your intentions paper towards you, fold to the right, and fold towards you again...for "bad" work against someone, do I fold away from me, to the left and fold once more away from me again?

Thanks in advance for your response!

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:03 pm

Hello Karma_13

Question 1- Some workers do snuff their candles and put them up when they can not attend to them. I have heard that people usually put it all in a brown paper bag and store it where ever you are going to store it and then get it all back out again when they are ready.

Question 2- You can do both workings in the same area, some spells are are exactly both those workings wrapped up in one any way. Look at the picture of the Break Up spell here with the scissors as an example. (http://www.luckymojo.com/breakup.html).

Question 3- This also depends on the worker. I like the glass encased ones myself but you can use whatever seems appropriate to the working. I find the glass encased ones to be easier to pack up (I have a little metal lid that fits the top of them for snuffing them out) and pull out again. Just keep some long matches around.

Question 4- The way I was taught to fold was for thing you want fold it toward you, Rotate it clockwise, then fold it toward you again. The reverse for getting rid of something. But there was not any folding to the left or right.

Hope this is helpful!

Peace~

Nathen

sirrup

Unread post by sirrup » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:00 pm

What's the general consensus about working a lit candle? I know that some people leave them alone once lit and then read the way it burns and melts, while others will actively make changes during the burn. I just started a honey jar that was burning very clean, and then the wick started to curl, causing one side to begin melting faster than the other. I chose to straighten the wick while stating aloud that all issues between me and my beloved would always straighten out to keep our love true. It felt right to me, but I'm curious how others feel. Maybe I should note that I also did this because my relationship has been a bit of a roller-coaster lately, and it just made sense to reinforce the idea of fixing minor issues before they became bigger issues.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:31 pm

Hello, sirrup,

As Miss cat has stated, it is an individual preference.

I do it both ways.

Sometimes I let them burn by themselves and other times I will doctor them. It just depends on what I feel is right to do at the time

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but there is no concrete answer to your question

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Voras
Newly Registered

Unread post by Voras » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:42 pm

I have several glass vigil candles, some of which I was given a long time ago and had been keeping for certain special uses. Some I've had for years. Recently I got them out because I had a need for one, and found that when we moved across country last year, they somehow ended up being stored on their sides. They must have gotten heated at one point or another, and the wax has pulled away from one side of the candles and pooled on the other side. The wicks are buried, and I cannot burn them as is. Do you know if there's any way of correcting this in these candles, or must I chalk them up as a loss, dig out the wax and try to fill them again? If I submerge them in a pot of very hot water, might the wax soften up enough that they can level out and burn "normally"?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:16 pm

Put them in a hot water bath, melt the wax and pour it out, straighten up the wicks and hold them in pace with a twig or rod, then repour them and let them cool.
catherine yronwode

Voras
Newly Registered

Unread post by Voras » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:28 pm

Thank you. I'll be working with them this weekend.

sirrup

Unread post by sirrup » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:40 pm

Miss Aida wrote:Hello, sirrup,

As Miss cat has stated, it is an individual preference.

I do it both ways.

Sometimes I let them burn by themselves and other times I will doctor them. It just depends on what I feel is right to do at the time

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but there is no concrete answer to your question

take care
No apologies are needed. Usually I leave the candles alone and read how they burn, and any wax left behind, but this time I actively worked it. Thinking about that just had me curious.

rookieguy13

Unread post by rookieguy13 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:17 am

Is re-anointing a candle okay? I had a 90 hour candle, almost 3/4 burned. I added the same oils, but also 1 more (Fire of Love), and prayed as I did it again.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:15 pm

Hello, rookieguy13,

Sure, that's fine

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Extremedivas1195

Unread post by Extremedivas1195 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:26 pm

Which lucky mojo oil work best with orange and blue candles?

Ms Melanie
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Ms Melanie » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:35 am

Hi Extremedivas,

The orange candles would be Road Opening products: www.luckymojo.com/roadopener.html

The Blue candles could be Healing or Peaceful Home products:
www.luckymojo.com/products-peaceful-home.html
www.luckymojo.com/products-healing.html

Good Luck!
Blessed be the Holy Trinity
AIRR Member
Love, Healing, and Uncrossing Specialist

Extremedivas1195

Unread post by Extremedivas1195 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:52 pm

Thank you much Melanie :D

I really want to know which candle work best with other oil in lucky mojo.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:48 pm

Hello, Extremedivas ,

Please look at the Lucky Mojo catalog to see for yourself what color candles are being used.

To give you an idea, start here: www.luckymjo.com/mojocatspells.html

Also, it isn't necessary to quote someone when the post is immediately above yours.

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Mic

Unread post by Mic » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:17 am

Hi all.... I am new to the forum. I recently made a purchase and am awaiting my items but in the meantime I wanted to ask.... I started a honey jar two weeks ago but nothing is happening yet.... so I purchased a glassed candle from LM "Follow me Boy" and oil....How would I go about adding the oil to the candle if its glassed?

Thank you
MIC

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:15 am

Hi Mic,

I moved your post because it was more of a general question about Lucky Mojo Candles than Candle Divination.

All of the Glass-Encased Vigil Candles, such as the Follow Me Boy Candle, are already dressed with oils and herbs unless you specifically asked not to be fixed. If you just ordered as is you will not need to worry about adding oils to the candle.

To further gain an understanding how vigil candles are worked with in the folk magic of Hoodoo you may consider checking out The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by Catherine Yronwode.

Many blessings.
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Mic

Unread post by Mic » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:40 am

Thank you Papa Newt......

Also.... How do I know that the candle and oils would be appropriate for my needs?

I was with someone for about 2 years and about two months ago he decided to just be friends . We have very little communication.... Do you think what I ordered would help... aside from the honey jar that I have started?

Also, my honey jar dose not have anything personal of his as I do not have any only my petition paper inside....Should I open the jar and insert a picture of him to maybe give my jar more strength?

Thank you so much for your help!!!!!

MIC

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:36 pm

Hello, Mic ,

Yes, I think you ordered the right candle and oil.

And the honey jar will help tremendously. And, yes, you can add the pictures.

I'm thinking that you may also want to consider: Love me also: www.luckymojo.com/loveme.html

Wishing you the very best and I hope everything works out for you
HRCC Graduate #1631

Mic

Unread post by Mic » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:25 am

Thank you...I will add the picture and order as you suggested :)) I'm very excited to see things getting meter
Mic

Mic

Unread post by Mic » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:13 am

What exactly should I buy from Love me also? The whole kit.... or just the prepared candle? I'm still waiting for the order I placed.... I hope I receive it soon. Thank you
MIC

Mic

Unread post by Mic » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:15 am

Miss Aida....

How should I g about adding pictures to my honey jar? Just his picture or one of him and one of mine.... Anything I should do with the pictures prior to inserting them into the honey jar? I did notice that the wax that has fallen down the jar to a place below has shapes of hearts.... several hearts.... should I take that as good....that I should see results from him soon?

Thank you
MIC

LittleFoxy

Unread post by LittleFoxy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:43 am

I work on a red skull and was advise to dispose it as he was incomplete. I did it to influence my ex to return to me and I read about the ways to dispose it and was wondering which is the best way inter it in a five-spots pattern or throw it east. If it is to throw it east, do i need to dig a hole n throw it in or just throw?
Your word is a lamp to my feet
And the light to my path.
Psalm 119:105

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:52 pm

Hello, Mic ,

I think that you ought to buy the Love Me Spell Kit. The Spell kits are always complete and give complete instructions. You have a much better chance of success with the kits.

Additionally, the hearts are an excellent sign. I like to baptize the pictures and name them. I also like to write a command on them.

I hope this helps

Wishing you GREAT success!!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:54 pm

Hello, LittleFoxy ,

You want him to return to you? Then I'd bury it in my front yard.

Even though the candle didn't burn down all the way, it's still work. Then, I would do another skull candle spell until you get good results with the burn

Wishing you the best

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

LittleFoxy

Unread post by LittleFoxy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:38 pm

Miss Aida, I do not have a front yard as i am staying in high rise building. May I bury it under my block Near the lift?

Thank you for the advise

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:12 am

In the situation of living in a high rise building you can consider burying the candle remains into a potted plant that is kept by the door to your apartment.
Thank you, St. Expedite!

LittleFoxy

Unread post by LittleFoxy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:45 am

ok I will do that. Thank you Papa Newt.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:17 pm

Papa Newt is THE man!
So happy he's back.
HRCC Graduate #1631

LittleFoxy

Unread post by LittleFoxy » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:24 am

I have a Adam and Eve 7 Days candle. Can I use it petition to St Helen? May I just paste Saint Helen Picture over the Adam And Eve to do a 9 Days Novena Prayer?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:56 pm

LittleFoxy,

Is the candle dressed with oils and such? Also know people pray over the candles when making them. But if I was a saint and your attitude was can i just paste a photo over it and use this.. ie lazy, I would be pissed and not do poo for the person. Saints are spiritual souls that choose to work or not work with people, her willingness to work with you is not a guarantee, so keep that in mind when you decide if slapping photos on something to use is the best method to show appreciation.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:26 pm

LittleFoxy wrote:I have a Adam and Eve 7 Days candle. Can I use it petition to St Helen? May I just paste Saint Helen Picture over the Adam And Eve to do a 9 Days Novena Prayer?
I don't know much about St. Helen -- but if you were to call on her in love work, which is what the Adam and Eve candle is for -- set her picture and a glass of water* beside the candle. Search the internet for traditional prayers and offerings to her, and include those in your work.

*Different saints and spirits have different preferences, of course -- but many don't insist on specific offerings. Anyway, I'm sure you can't go wrong with a glass of water :)

Good luck,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

LittleFoxy

Unread post by LittleFoxy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:59 am

Thank you for letting me know j82 and Miss Michaele.

Actually getting other kind of candle like 7 days Plain Candle is hard to get in my country other than chime candle. I manage to find a shop but they only sell Adam and Eve candle. If I order with LM Just for the candle itself it is a little costly. So I was thinking if I can use what i can get. I really don't mean to be disrespectful to the saint.

I will heed your advice Miss Michaele using her picture with a glass of water.

Thank you so much

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:48 am

LittleFoxy,

We cant comment on non LM products because this site is run and operated by LM. Being you are new to working with the saint you can use tea lights to dress to her and set a new one each day, you can also have LM burnt he candle for you then it has no shipping cost.

LittleFoxy

Unread post by LittleFoxy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:24 pm

Oo. How do i do in that case? I never know they can help to burn.That would be even faster then me waiting for my shipment. Thank you j82 for telling me that.

RevengeIsSoSweet

Unread post by RevengeIsSoSweet » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:11 am

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a candle that will assist in causing Financial Ruin and Job Loss for a person? I have read in the forum about Curses for Financial Ruin, Job Loss, and Bankruptcy, But I would like to know about burning a candle for Financial Ruin, Job Loss, and Bankruptcy on someone. Thanks in advance.

:D

RevengeIsSoSweet

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:51 pm

Hello, LittleFxy,

Here you go: http://missionaryindependent.org/candle-services.html

You will love the service
HRCC Graduate #1631

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”