Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Questions About Lucky Mojo Conjure Oils

How to use Lucky Mojo conjure oils and ritual oils in magic spells, and which oils are best for your purposes.
Apo
Forum Member

General Questions About Lucky Mojo Conjure Oils

Unread post by Apo » Sun May 17, 2009 9:42 am

Hello,

I have a question regarding some of the oils from Lucky Mojo, particularly oils such as: Santisima Muerte and Our Lady of Cobre.

I'm interested in the theory behind the creation of oils such as these, NOT the actual formula.

The reason i ask for this is that in oils such as Santisima Muerte, Lucky Mojo mentions that she is patron for fidelity in marriage, but that's not the only reason people call upon her, she is also used to heal, destroy, and bring about luck in other affairs. So if conceptually the oil is prepared focusing on herbs that enhance fidelity and relate to Santa Muerte, then it wouldn't work so well on a vengeance work, since it summons her power to unite a couple.

Another question concerns with Our lady of Cobre Oil. That apparition of the Virgin is a Catholic image, but among practitioners of Santeria, she is related to Oshun, an African spirit of love and female beauty. So would that Lucky Mojo oil work for all things belonging to Oshun or to call Oshun in general?

So my actual question would be. Are Lucky Mojo saint-related oils prepared to call the energy of the Saint in general or are they only to be used for whatever purposes are mentioned at the lucky Mojo website for that given saint?

Thank you.

jadejenova

Re: General Questions About Lucky Mojo Conjure Oils

Unread post by jadejenova » Sat May 23, 2009 9:58 am

I just recieved my uncrossing kit, my fast luck kit, van van oil and my triple lucky mojo hand (not the exact title but you get my drift) and before starting the spellwork with my uncrossing kit I wanted to wait until I can buy spring water to boil for the baths..soooo... I was thinking..

If I applied some van van oil and fast luck oil from toes to knees and fingers to elbows...would that be a good way to 'try out' their effects while I'm waiting to get the spring water in a few days? Or should I just wait until I have the right water for the kits and then complete the uncrossing, fast luck and the triple lucky hand in that order before I experiment with the oil..?

I'm sooo excited btw!

I also wanted to know if I put fastluck oil on the four corners of my laptop screen and keyboard would that aid in helping me win online competitions? Not a lot of oil mind you because I don't want to harm my computer and plus I'll need to use it later....

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun May 24, 2009 8:15 am

Hi Jade,

You can certainly start using the oils by anointing yourself with them as you describe. You can lightly anoint your computer with fast luck oil as well.

Read more about the general ways in which to emloy Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Conjure Oils for dressing and anointing yourself, another person, candles, and objects of daily use on this "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web page:

How To Use Conjure Oils, Hoodoo Oils, Ritual Oils, Dressing Oils, and Anointing Oils in the Hoodoo Rootwork Tradition
http://luckymojo.com/oils.html

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

jadejenova

Unread post by jadejenova » Sun May 24, 2009 10:33 am

Could the same be done with computer picked lottery tickets? For example, instead of picking the numbers myself I shade in the circle for the computer to pick them, I rub some fast luck and lucky thirteen oil on it ..maybe use the van van oil first to 'open the way' to winning (yeah I know my paper will be pretty oiled up and smudged, but I doubt the clerk would care) hand in the ticket to the clerk, he hands me back my actual ticket with the numbers and then I do it all over again..do you think this would increase my chances of winning?

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu May 28, 2009 4:54 am

jadejenova wrote:Could the same be done with computer picked lottery tickets? For example, instead of picking the numbers myself I shade in the circle for the computer to pick them, I rub some fast luck and lucky thirteen oil on it ..maybe use the van van oil first to 'open the way' to winning (yeah I know my paper will be pretty oiled up and smudged, but I doubt the clerk would care) hand in the ticket to the clerk, he hands me back my actual ticket with the numbers and then I do it all over again..do you think this would increase my chances of winning?
On papers I like to use sachet powders as opposed to oils.

good luck,
Bri

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:18 am

Can we anoint candles with bare hands or do we need to use gloves always? I am using gloves scared of a skin reaction & also since I immediately have dinner(with my hand not a spoon) after performing my spells. So is safe to assume that once we wash our hands it is safe to eat?

nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread post by nagasiva » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:32 am

all the formula oils are hand skin safe. you should never need to use gloves unless you are extremely allergic to a carrier (like Almond Oil or Mineral Oil) or to any number of essential oils which these formula oils contain. putting an oil on your hands will not prevent you from eating safely. these aren't poisons. if you use a few drops to oil your hands when desired it won't affect your ability to eat or do most other practical things.

how to do hoodoo if you are allergic is not really a question about hoodoo so much as it is a question about your life. you probably have similar questions about dining in restaurant, buying cosmetics, or visiting people in their homes. we can only help to a certain extent in this conjure-oriented forum. handling your allergies is a medical problem.
nagasiva yronwode
https://www.facebook.com/nagasiva.yronwode
forum@luckymojo.com (Forum Tech Help)

eagerbeaver88

Unread post by eagerbeaver88 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:01 pm

my ex's boyfriend has put a spell on her and it has caused her much confusion over who she wants to be wtih, is there anything i can do to break this confusion and help her see clearly? My thought is he put a dominating spell, controlling spell, stay with me and for her not to have any more feelings for me kind of spell, lots of things rolled into one and she just keeps saying shes confused as all the readers also pick up on it, what to do?

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:26 pm

Clarity to see clearly: http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-clarity.html

King Solomon Wisdom for the ability to judge her situation wisely: http://www.luckymojo.com/kingsolomonwisdom.html

Uncrossing to cleanse her of any stuff he has put on her: http://www.luckymojo.com/uncrossing.html

Van Van to open the lines of communication and for general good luck and protection: http://www.luckymojo.com/vanvan.html

good luck,
Bri

LMFan

Unread post by LMFan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:13 pm

Is there a listing somewhere of the Oils and their purposes? Like Come to me vs Return to Me or Reconciliation?
There are alot of Love Oils and they seem to have the same yet different purposes..

heathernijoli

Unread post by heathernijoli » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:37 pm

There is good reading on the oils found here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/oils.html

The specific meanings and uses for the coils are given in one-sentence synopsis form on the Lucky Mojo Oils Catalogue page here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatoils.html

Each oil on that page links to its own information page about the entire line of products with that name, so I would recommend reading each information page section in order to determine which line is what you are looking for. Although Come to Me and Kiss Me may initially seem similar, closer inspection reveals one to be a more physical love oil (Kiss Me) and the other draw someone closer to them (Come to Me). Read the Come to Me page to learn all about that line, the Kiss Me Now page to learn about that line, and so on. You will find that one line will likely appeal to your exact case far more than another.

Lukianos

Unread post by Lukianos » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:45 pm

Hi LMFan,
LMFan wrote:Is there a listing somewhere of the Oils and their purposes? Like Come to me vs Return to Me or Reconciliation?
There are alot of Love Oils and they seem to have the same yet different purposes..
All of the Lucky Mojo condition oils have a short descriptor next to their listing--many have additional information about their specificity and use by following the "Free spells..." link at the bottom of their listing.

That said, while some of the Love formulas do overlap in application, many are targeted toward specific types of partners or relationships. Of the formulas you mentioned, Come To Me is primarily to draw a new or unknown lover--in contrast, Love Me would be more likely to be used if the desired target was someone already known, to deepen an existing relationship (or move a relationship from platonic to romantic). Return To Me is used to bring a straying lover back, while Reconciliation is to heal a rift in a relationship between lovers or good friends.

Hope this helps!

rs09

Unread post by rs09 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:12 am

I am curious about something. Can the herbs in the prepared oils be used for another purpose once the oils have been used up? I have several empty bottles of oils and I hate to discard anything. I wanted to know if the prepared herbs would be useful in any other way? Thank you very much.

RS

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:12 pm

Well, before I graduated from cat's course I used to dig mine out and examine them trying to figure out what went into that delicious and powerful bottle of LMC oil! Now, I use them in a spiritual bath.

take care,
Bri

LeBaptiste

Unread post by LeBaptiste » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:01 pm

Everyone does things differently. In my opinion, once the oil is gone I consider the leftover herbs to be ritual remnants and I dispose of them accordingly.

egyptianqueen
Forum Member

Unread post by egyptianqueen » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:31 pm

Hi,
My family roots are from the deep south, and growing up i heard all kinds of storys about spells etc. but have you heard of this love spell, its called (dressing a man)? Meaning before you have sex with him, there is something you can rub on his XXXXXX and after he has sex with you, he will care for you very much, and do anything for you.

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:45 pm

That and things along that line are pretty common.

One that I've heard more often is a woman dressing herself down their so the man will drag himself through it. Things along the line of Follow Me Boy Oil,Cleo May Oil, and I Dominate My Man Oil are the most common types of oils I have heard of being used thus.

I would caution anyone that wants to dress any orifice this way to use a small amount,very small.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:54 pm

Honey, the people all over Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, Michigan, California, and points east, south, north, and west know about this. That's what we do here all day long at the Lucky Mojo Curio Co. We make the stuff that women use to dress their own XXX so he will drag himself through it, or to dress his XXX to keep him fixed and tied. Yes, indeed. that's about 50% of the work we do here for folks -- getting their man fixed for them. :-)

Read more about this kind of work on these free "Hoodoo in Theory and practice" pages from Lucky Mojo:

http://luckymojo.com/bodyfluids.html

http://luckymojo.com/nationsack.html

http://luckymojo.com/femaledomination.html

http://luckymojo.com/followmeboy.html

Good luck to you!
catherine yronwode

egyptianqueen
Forum Member

Unread post by egyptianqueen » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:05 pm

What can I do to my mans xxxx to lock him down, ? make him do my will and everything i want. I ordered your book, also. It should be arriving next week ms cat, i cant wait to read the good things you have in it.
Thanks again

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:47 pm

Start to use Essence of Bend-over Oil, I Dominate My Man Oil, that kind of thing, that's what your asking for to bend him to your will, or do you just want to control his sexuality?

mmcpower

Unread post by mmcpower » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:43 pm

I have Dominate my Man Powder and Follow Me Powder, Can I use those as well or are the oils better?

Marie

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:56 pm

mmcpower wrote:
I have Dominate my Man Powder and Follow Me Powder, Can I use those as well or are the oils better?

Marie
One is not better then the others, they are used for different things, powders are good to dress papers,mix in small amounts,into body powders, anything where you don't want a liquid or an oil stain.

mmcpower

Unread post by mmcpower » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:16 am

Thank you very much I appreciate it.

juliettedebertole

Unread post by juliettedebertole » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:17 pm

Hey all, I wasn't sure if my question belonged here or not, so sorry if it's in the wrong section.

Is there a list of what the carrier oils are for each of LM's oils? I just ask because I'm allergic to tree nuts (meaning almonds), and I really don't want to end up with a rash all over my hands after dressing candles and such, KWIM? Any info would be appreciated :)

leonus23

Unread post by leonus23 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:50 am

Is there a traditional way of charging up your oils in Conjure before using them?

Thanks in advance.
Leon

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:06 am

One of the most wonderful things about conjure is that the roots and herbs themselves are seen as inherently magickal and filled with power. So it is not considered necessary to consecrate or "empower" them as one finds in Wiccan/Neo-Pagan practices. I suppose if you felt a strong need to somehow activate the oils to your intent you could always pray over them but it is really not necessary.

Lucky Mojo's condition oils are wonderful -- filled with herbs, roots, mineral curios and essential oils. They are prepared by hand by seasoned rootworkers for specific purposes according to traditional hoodoo formulae and so are ready to go to work for you straight from the bottle.

I wish you success in your work!
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:55 am

Yes, you must pray over your oils as you make them. The herbs and roots are powerful in and of themselves, but its the prayers of the practitioner as they are created that turns them into a magically potent item.

However, the LM oils come empowered by the practitioners who made them. They are prayed over as they are made - so if you are making your own condition oils at home ever you WILL need to empower them through prayer. But if you are ordering the LM oils, you don't have to take that initial step.

That being said, you still have to empower your overall work through intent and prayer - whether that be dressing a candle with the oils, or whathaveyou. That way you tune the oils into to work exactly the way YOU want them to. For instance, the Love Me oil is made with herbs and roots that work to attract someone to the target. Most often this is used in a romantic or sexual way. However, I always use Love Me oil on items that I'm trying to sell - so when I'm doing the work of dressing the item with the Love Me oil, I'm making the intent that it attracts people to love the ITEM. You're still working with getting attention and getting a positive emotional reaction from the person, but the intent changes that from something romantic, to something more general.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:09 pm

Devi, thank you for clarifying regarding the actual creation of oils from scratch...I was trying hard to be politic and plug for Ms. Cat...
Do you primarily use the Psalms in your works? For quite a few years I had rejected the Christian faith I was raised in and wrote my own prayers but am now finding my way back to my roots. It just took me a while to realize it wasn't the Lord I had an issue with, just some of the folks claiming to be his people.
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:13 pm

You can pray in whatever way you are comfortable with. I don't personally use psalms very often, as I practice in a style that is heavily influenced by a more esoteric/mystical form of Christianity that uses a great deal of Kabbalah, or in other cases I use Catholic prayers, or I just pray from the heart.

leonus23

Unread post by leonus23 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:32 pm

Thanks for the replies! I've been using the Van Van and the Uncrossing for a general cleansing before working a kit, and they seem to be effective, especially the Van Van, but I'm used to the neo-Pagan approach and I just wasn't sure.
Thanks again.
:-)

Leon

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:19 pm

Apo --

Our recipes for all of our religious oils -- including not only Catholic saints, but also Hindu deities, and Jewish prophets -- draw on traditional ideas about the spiritual being who is being called upon, and include, insofar as possible, a selection of herbs, roots, and minerals associated with the entity in the religious and magical folklore of the nation in which veneration of that saint, deity, or spirit first developed, plus any other herbs, roots, and minerals that may later have come to be associated with that being. For instance, King Solomon Wisdom Oil, in addition to herbs and essential oils mentioned in the portions of the Bible relating to King Solomon, also contains Solomon Seal Root, an American herb associated with King Solomon in American folklore and folk magic.
catherine yronwode

josdos

Unread post by josdos » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:35 am

when i dress myself with the oils should i be having direct contact with my target for them to work? my boyfriend and i are currently in separated bedrooms, so i'm wodering if they'll still work or if I'm wasting them? :roll:

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:18 am

Dress his bedroom too
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

josdos

Unread post by josdos » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:31 am

i have been. the bed, his deodorant, door knobs... just wondered if i'm wasting the oils by dressing myself and not having much contact, though still in the same house and on friendly terms

Mother Mystic
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mother Mystic » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:11 pm

If he can smell the scent of the oils, they are working for you. Anytime you walk by and he gets a whiff of the oils mixed with your own scent, believe me it's working for you.

josdos

Unread post by josdos » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:37 pm

i think i'm just a little frustrated right now. normally the oils and powders work so fast for me, but this time they dont seem to be having much of an effect :cry:

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:44 pm

You could get a reading to see why there is the delay this time, then.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:08 pm

A reading could help illuminate why it hasn't provided the result you've hoped for. Then again, it just might take a bit of time to do its work. Its also a good idea to change approaches from time to time, trying new methods of deployment, or another trick.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

josdos

Unread post by josdos » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:11 pm

well, i have been lighting candles on my honey jar and using the oils and powders. what else do you suggest. and yes, i plan on having a reading done as soon as my budget permits.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:21 pm

You could try a spell kit - but you might want to wait until after your reading so you don't spend a bunch of money if it's not working.

hoodooTom
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by hoodooTom » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:29 am

I was wondering besides wearing the reconcil oils and love oils and things like that when My wife is in my presence to see our son, can I use a tart warmer or oil warmer where you put a little water and a few drops of the oil in it and then light a tealight under it and when it warms up it fills the room with the scent?

Thanks in advance.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:36 am

Yes, you could use them like that. Just make sure to still pray your intent over it.

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:15 am

I've done that, its a great sneaky trick.

PMF55

Unread post by PMF55 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:16 am

Hi all,

A little over a week ago, I reached out to the LM community for help and received
some extremely helpful advice.

I heard from Devi, Michelle and Mary.

Since I have been out of work for well over a year, I am very focused on attracting money
and finding work NOW!

I followed the details of performing a cleasing for body and home.

I bathed in Epsom salts, cinnamon and a capful of amonia for 3 consecutive days. I also
used Pinesol, cinnamon and Kosher salt during a top to bottom cleaning/cleansing of
my home--starting at the back fdoor and ending at the front. I used a white dressed candle
throughout making certain to pray over it and leaving it one room behind after each
room cleaning. After the first cleansing, I went back over the entire area with Pinesol, cinnamon
and "sugar" to sweeten the results. I disgarded the wash waters and mop--throwing them away
from my home.

I just received my LM order, which includes:

1. St. Expedite candle
2. St. Expedite oil
3. Fast Luck oil
4. Lucky 13 Bath crystals
5. Chinese wash
6. St. Expedite image card

I want to light my St. Expedite candle but am not sure how to incorporate the oils.

I would like to hear from those of you with POSITIVE experience working with St. Expedite,
particularly with achieving quick results with $$$ and/or employment.

I don't plan on re-doing all of the 'cleansing' rituals again, since I just completed them on Friday.

I appreciate all help and guidance.

Blessings and thanks!

PMF

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:25 am

If you got the fixed St. Expedite candle, then you don't need to put any other oils or anything into it. Just write a petition paper with what you wish to get and by when - be specific. You can then anoint that with the St. Expedite oil and put it under the candle, which you will light as part of your petition prayers.

Follow the directions on the LM page for working with St. Expedite, it's very straightforward :http://www.luckymojo.com/saintexpedite.html

Anoint yourself with the Fast Luck oil before any interviews or job hunting, etc. Make sure to pray your intent when using it.

Use the bath crystals as a floor wash to help draw luck into the home. You can get about 2-3 uses out of the packet. You may want to wash the home with Chinese Wash once a week as a road opener, followed by that Lucky 13 as a floor wash to draw in money/career success. Again make sure to pray your intent when using it.

PMF55

Unread post by PMF55 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:01 am

Thank you Devi...I do appreciate all your wise help and support.

I'll keep you posted on my success!

PMF

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:17 pm

While I understand that you want everything fast but I would want 'money' to stay around and continuously increase...have you looked at the money drawing and money stay with me products?

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 pm

You have a lot of luck supplies, but I do not see anything about money. Money was the main goal of the request.

Mary

eatmoregreens

Unread post by eatmoregreens » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:07 pm

Wow. The folks who make your oils have serious skills. I hoped but had no real expectation to see such a turnaround in my situation in... 12 hours!

With much respect,
eatmoregreens

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:00 pm

I am glad to know we could help. The recipes are mine and all of the stock oil blends are hand-made by me, then the oils are individually bottled with herbs and roots and prayed over by a crew of trained conjure workers who have taken my course and apprenticed with me, some of whom have worked here for years. Carin, Jagat, Robin, Heidi, Greg, and Oran are the people to thank.
catherine yronwode

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:29 pm

I agree with you eatmoregreens...and we thank you Ms. cat, Carin, Jagat, Robin, Heidi, Greg, and Oran...you are amazing.

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:44 pm

I've had the oils work for me when I got them on myself by accident. They're very potent and work amazingly. I only use Lucky Mojo products for excatly this reason.

kittynmoon

Unread post by kittynmoon » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:26 am

I also agree and thank LM.

chy clayton s

Unread post by chy clayton s » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:38 pm

I've been buying my Lucky Mojo products from a shop near to me because the man who owns the shop lets me allergy test.

I would like to order Lucky Mojo products online but I have 3 people in the house with 3 seperate life-threatening allergies - pennicillin (includes molds, fungus, mushrooms, fermented herbs like patchouli, and hyssop); nuts; and allicin/soy/latex (allicin is raw onions, old garlic, green peppers and some chilli peppers).

Is it possible to get a list of things to definitely stay away from? Yes, I know I can't ask for an ingredient list - just a heads up - like I realize all Hot Foot items are a no no. I don't even need to know which is which - just a "these products contain one or more of the 3 allergens listed: a, b, c. do not buy..."

Or is there a customer file that you check before shipping that might result in "Sorry unable to sell you that product, we substituted this."

Or should I call before ordering?

And on a side thought: why do people with life-threatening allergies seem to group together in the karmic travels? You would think that one in a household was enough.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Call before ordering. Your can ask for notesto be placed in your client record in the sgop's database.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:45 pm

Sorry, our products are not hypoallergenic. Here are brief replies to your list of susbstances:

pennicillin No

molds No

fungus No

mushrooms No

fermented herbs like patchouli and hyssop These herbs are not "fermented." They are dried herbs; we also use patchouli essential oil and hyssop essential oil in several products.

nuts Many of our oils are made with Almond oil; the oil of a nut tree.

allicin No

raw onions No

garlic Yes, several products have garlic in them

green peppers / chilli peppers None of our products have immature (green) peppers in them but quite a few products have red chili peppers, pepper flakes, capsicum oil, and other red pepper derivatives in them

soy No

latex No
catherine yronwode

chy clayton s

Unread post by chy clayton s » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:05 pm

Thank you, I will definitely email or call with a specific list of products I need next month and get a yes / no.

It looks like the almond oil is the biggest problem, I've used LM powders on candles without himself reacting so we'll carefully go item by item in the future.

fermented herbs like patchouli and hyssop These herbs are not "fermented." They are dried herbs.

Sorry, it was supposed to read - fermented herbs like patchouli, and hyssop.

Hyssop is not fermented - but does contain an analog to penicillin that hubby reacts to.

EO Patchouli from India is almost always made from fermented leaves to boost oil output - US grown is usually not. Hard lesson learned a few years back - kinda like finding out that one of the major makers of hot cocoa mix also makes onoin soup mix on the SAME frigging line....

Thank you again - it really helps to know which to watch for and which to not worry about.

Axia

Unread post by Axia » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:58 am

Hello there...

My name is Axia and I was wondering what is the difference between hoodoo vs mojo type oils and which one has more kick when anointing my candles?

Also, I am in a bit of a pickle I have a very stubborn person where I would like to change their decision about going on vacation far away but I would like their yes I am going there to "no I am not going there" and have that decision permanently stay there.

Now that said, do I use Essence of Bend Over oil or do I use Commanding oil or Compelling oil, or does it make a difference?

Also, when buying mojo/hoodoo type oils how long can these oils sit on one's shelf or is there an expiration date of where these oils after say 5 or 6 years loses it's strength to work in spell recipes??? How often does one need to renew there stock of oils or is it necessary?

I ask this question because some of these metamystical supply stores sell oils of all kinds and the prices are great but some of these mail catalog stores really hurt your wallet in the shipping & handling fee. I ended up paying close to 25 dollars for 1 tiny bottle of oil and 3/4 of that price went to shipping and handling and mind you I'm from NY (not a foreign country :( I don't have much funds myself (yeah looking for steady work oil as well :| ) and I want to make sure the next order of oil I purchase I don't get sent to the poor house. :|

Many various metaphysical stores label the oils as mojo and then they have a separate line of hoodoo oils. It concerns me that if I pick one over the other I am not getting the OOOoooommph I need for my spell work :| .... it's just hard finding a store that doesn't charge gobs of $$$ for a tiny bottle of these oils :(
I appreciate any answers to my questions. Thank you.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:59 am

Hi there Axia,

This forum is dedicated to helping folks learn about which Lucky Mojo Curio Co products are best for their particular situation. We cannot and will not comment on what other metaphysical stores and candle shops do and don't do. What I can tell you is that Lucky Mojo sells Hoodoo oils some of them have the word "Mojo" in their names. Other generic names for these oils are conjure oils, rootwork oils, condition oikls, dressing oils, and anointing oils.

To read more about these oils please see:

http://www.luckymojo.com/oils.html

For a complete list of Lucky Mojo brand oils please see:

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatoils.html#hoodoo

As far as charging so much for a tiny bottle of oils, well LMC charges $7.50/oil and you can get 12 oils for a discounted rate of $82.50. Authentic conjure oils are not inexpensive to produce--they should contain herbs, roots, minerals, and curios appropriate to the condition the oil is being formulated for, as well as a blend of essential oils in a high quality base oil. This is what you get when you purchase Lucky Mojo oils. Sure, you can get small bottles of colored and artificially fragranced mineral oils from big companies for less money--but at that point who would want to?

good luck,
Bri

MysticRootworker

Unread post by MysticRootworker » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:15 am

Bri-
I seldom see anything cheaper then LM! lol AND I am a new customer but I LOVE my LM products and I cannot imagine purchasing anything from anybody else! These are the finest products I have ever seen. Several years ago I had a small metaphysical store and carried several different brands of oils. UNFORTUNATELY I did not know about LM at the time. Because if I did I would never had carried anything else! I am happy I found these wonderful people and products!

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Anointing and Dressing Oils in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”