Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour Suggestions Requests Feedback

Sundays are magical -- Sign up here to become a caller on the longest-running hoodoo radio show in the universe! Free readings, rootwork advice, and conjure spells with Miss cat, ConjureMan Ali, Papa Newt and guests!
Psychic Mimi
Re: Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour Suggestions Requests Feedback

Unread post by Psychic Mimi » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Thank you very much for your help. I "refreshed" my screen, and ~poof!~ I found it. :lol:

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:24 pm

Sweetness! Glad to help.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Psychic Mimi

Unread post by Psychic Mimi » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi, all,

The show ran out of time and I wasn't able to access the chatroom to see the rootwork suggested for the last caller. Can someone tell me what it was or where I could go to get it?

Thanks!

conjurebyking
HRCC Student

Unread post by conjurebyking » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Hello ConjureMan Ali,

A few shows ago you mentioned that you like to make your doll babies "skeleton" using a pair of licorice sticks made into a t-shape in which you inscribe the targets name and your command. My question is when you refer to licorice sticks do you mean licorice root sticks or licorice sticks of the candy variety? The reason I ask is because I only see licorice root chips sold at LM and not longer licorice roots that could be made into a "t-shape" to form the spine and arms of the doll baby that you mentioned. Thanks!
"The future depends on what we do in the present." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

KayJay

Unread post by KayJay » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:22 pm

I download the shows through iTunes and then listen to them that way.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/luck ... d431135685
- Ms. KayJay

Fate is for those too weak to determine their own destiny.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:02 am

Not the candy, no. The Licorice root slices can easily be tied into a "t" shape. Its a sure bet that when I am talking about an herb, root, mineral, that I got it from Lucky Mojo ;-).
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

clear shar

Unread post by clear shar » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:56 pm

My name is Shar (Clear Shar)

How do i become a caller?

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi Clear Shar! :)

I typically am online 1-2 hours prior to Showtime. I check the Moderation Queue for any New callers and new posters. I also check now the abbreviated versions of my dear friend Joseph, for any clarity issues. I line up area codes (which can change if someone is at a different location than what they posted)

You may sign up for next week's thread by looking for its date and year n the forum.

New callers are typically, for fairness, taken first. You should sign up now.

This goes for everyone please... for all those procrastinating... not good, when I have to get a message :30 minutes into the Show that there is a new caller... there is prep that goes into lining up callers for our Hosts. This is why I give y'all the option to PM me if you can't be there even though my PM's can be stuffed. I respond to everything about the Show and tell the rest of the members to "put it on the main board" if they have a question--so everyone can learn.

Y'all know what is going on in your lives before Sunday afternoon. I have had many of you "eat my lunch" because you could not get on. Inevitably, just like tonight, "special exceptions" would have been made for a "no show" that pmed me.

Things happen I know, and I am very understanding and sweet. Special exceptions are rare but they can be made.

Y'all need to sign up-- you can edit your posts. Just go back into them and hit edit on the far right. You are not bumping the thread as long as there is a true edit.-- And believe me when I tell you, we know.

Leaving it at that, can't wait to see all of you next Sunday. I will always be here to facilitate anything for you. Waiting until the last minute is not a good idea. We are here:) and looking forward to seeing and hearing from you each and every Sunday.

Clear Shar, DR E is on this coming up Sunday and new spaces are going to fill up fast! Type it into the link I just sent! :)

love love and Be Blessed!

Tammie Lee
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:40 pm

Y'all listen to Miss Tammie Lee -- she is telling the truth. She works very hard to get every caller lined up and in the queue for us BEFORE the show, and she is sometimes caught having to scramble to fill a slot when someone who "reserved" a spot decides to bail on us.

Please don't make a date with Miss Tammie Lee and then fail to call in -- and please don't call the radio show when it is on the air and expect to get in live immediately.

Likewise, please, callers, do not come to this show and then ask us to "second guess" theinsights or the readings or spell-work of our colleagues. This is a mis-use of our time and a disrespect to our colleagues. In our world we call it "shopping for readers" and we really don't like it at all. Read more about it here:

http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/S ... Readers.22

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Elysyarra

Unread post by Elysyarra » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:12 am

In the beginning of July I had a reading done on the show about a break up situation and finding an apartment. I wanted to post in here to say thanks and that I've been doing everything I was told to do and so far things have been going well. I had also gotten a longer reading done by Lori Bruno at Hex. She confirmed what I was told on the show and some other things, but also added that she felt that Dan would eventually come back to me but was being stubborn right now, and I'd get into an apartment eventually. A couple weeks later I got onto the waiting list for the housing authority for a one bedroom apartment. :) I'm so excited for that. Also, a week and a half ago Dan whom I'm still in love with re-added me on facebook as well as spoke to me. He acted like he always used to when we were close friends before we dated. He also came over and we talked as well as other things. We also do text off and on now. So hopefully things will keep going well. Though I am currently having a new little dilemma. Mostly having to do with when I saw dan..Because I currently have yet to start something that was due to start this past week...But at least the bigger issues are better than they were before. I have also been taking to heart the fact that I was told to work on myself. I have been focusing on trying to heal and taking some "me time". I am grateful for the advice that was given to me on the show. Thanks!

SimoneWoodward

Unread post by SimoneWoodward » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:07 pm

Hey all,

My apologies if this isn't the right place to put this. I looked at all the forums and this seemed like the best fit...

Thank you SO much. An off-hand comment was made about a jug band station on one of the shows (I've been going through all the archives one by one to learn) and I thought, "Hey, why don't I see if I can make a jug band station on Pandora!" I now put that station on when I'm setting up or rearranging my altars or preparing fixes as well as when I'm cleaning or just surfing the web. It's become my favorite station.

I highly recommend the Jug Band Waltz station or the Memphis Jug Band station on Pandora (It's not my personal station or anything, I just created it using the song that's the intro for LMHRH but you could create it with the band name just as easily) and enjoy some amazing music while you go through your day.

Thank you!

Simone

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:33 pm

Cool!
catherine yronwode

GoodLuckNatalie

Unread post by GoodLuckNatalie » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:15 pm

This is exciting. :) I heard an interview with one of the creators of Pandora a while back, and my understanding is that the more people request a certain song or artist, the more likely it will be entered into their database and studied by the musicians on their team who classify the music. (Which should improve the stations created). So I would guess the more people create stations, the more attention the music will get by Pandora staff. :)
*Pisces Sun, Sag Moon, Gem Rising*
fan of show, CSL member, happy customer, hopeful future student

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:37 pm

This is a wonderful idea. I gave up on Pandora years ago when there was too much hip-hop in my Zap Mama station -- and they didn't have much jug-band-type niftiness at the time.

But thanks for the tip -- I'll try it again!

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:41 pm

Didja see who created the Memphis Jug Band station at Pandora? It's someone named Patrick Donahue. I wonder if that is Pat Donahue, the guitarist on A Prairie Home Companion.
catherine yronwode

SimoneWoodward

Unread post by SimoneWoodward » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:01 am

I didn't see that, because I just started a new station using the band name on my phone - but I wouldn't be surprised if it was him!

confusedhurt

Unread post by confusedhurt » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:07 am

I was so excited I signed in and called pressed 1 to notify you that I wanted to speak with you. When the show began I was some how hung up on or the phone went out. I already know that all call do not get picked, but, I am wondering if that happened because you do not take call from my area or people like myself. This is bothering me and I could not rest until I sent you this email. I am not trying to be a smart butt. I am sure that you or others would have those questions in mind.

I have heard from others that have had this same experience.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:12 am

Dear confusedhurt,

Well, by your Forum user name, you have signalled your approach to us (confused and hurt), so the best i can do is to try to enlighten your confusion and ease your hurt. Perhaps then you will change your user name to something more positive like awareatpeace. :-)

Yesterday's show was put together under INTENSE technical challenges by the amazingly wonderful and competent ConjureMan Ali, Miss Tammie Lee, and Deacon Millett -- with no board training and only 15 mintues advance notice.

The usual board operator, nagaisva, and co-host, myself, were first trapped in an intense traffic jam as we attempted to get home to Forestville from the annual Bay Area Tarot Symposium in San Francisco (a wonderful event!) -- and then, just as the traffic cleared, our car actually broke down! (I think the clutch went out, but we await a diagnosis). In the run-up to the show, Nagasiva was on the phone, alternately with Ali and Deacon, the whole time, teaching them how to run the board, how to post Facebook announcements for the show. Then the car conked out and we had to get involved with hiring a tow truck, getting towed to Santa Rosa (Larsen Automotive Repair -- GREAT PEOPLE, ALWAYS!) and hiring a taxi to take us home. We tried repeatedly to call in, but we kept getting a message that the queue was full and to try again later. By the time we arrived home, the show was over.

When we got home, nagasiva figured out why we could not get into the queue -- it was just a coincidence, but our company debit card had expired, as cards regularly do, and nagasiva was not there to pop in the more recent expiration date. Blog Talk Radio accepted that the show was on, but without a card number to debit, the software program that sets up the BTR broadcasts bumped us down from our usual Premium Account to the less-preferred Free Account status -- which meant that only 10 callers could listen in by phone or be in queue at the same time, as opposed to our normal 50 phone listeners and queue-callers.

We were unaware of this during the show, and Ali could not have changed it anyway, since the debit card account is linked to the Lucky Mojo Company, and he would not have known the company card number. Nagasiva corrected the problem by updating the card information at BTR as soon as we got home.

So there you have a series of unfortunate entropic coincidences: traffic jam, broke-down car, expired debit card -- being countered by a series of heroic and integrative adaptations -- Ali running the board, Deacon posting the notices, announcer Tammie Lee going on-air and reading cards. However, to you, the whole thing seemed PERSONAL, leaving you "wondering if that happened because you do not take call from my area or people like myself."

I think you might wish to consider that the universe is not aimed at personally leaving you "confused and hurt" and that the radio show is the work of talented and good-hearted people of generosity and fellowship who gather together each week to put the show on the air, to read for, and to prescribe magical remediations for as many people as possible FOR FREE. In other words, the problems you encountered were technical, and not about "people from your area or people like you."

Please feel free to try to be a caller on the show again next week, when, we hope and trust, things will return to normal.

Hoping for an end to your confusion and hurt and a beginning to your awareness and pleasure, i remain, in service,

cat yronwode
Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour
catherine yronwode

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:27 pm

Yesterday afternoon and during this weekend, I was getting ready for the storm. I always check in with Nagasiva (and Miss Cat, one in the same) and Conjureman Ali. Typically, I check in with Nagasiva by phone each Sunday afternoon and Conjureman Ali after each Show. There are times where I have to check in early with Nagasiva, like this weekend. I had just gotten home 20 minutes prior to Showtime. I plugged in my laptop and proceeded to log in. I did not even check my Misstammielee email, as there was no time. I do not normally need it because it is not open during the Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour. I have what I do during The Show separately the old fashioned way! ;). Nagasiva always advises me as well.

So, about 2:30 seconds prior to being on the air, I found out what was happening. I want to say that Conjureman Ali did a great job running the board. It is almost IMPOSSIBLE to announce, run the board, Read, prescribe and post links... and add in all the :):):) and Welcome to the show and comment and answer PM's, etc... It is ADD gone wild! It was not that I was not prepared for a normal Sunday, as it was: 10 to the top of the hour (normal login time for me with the 1 818 394 8535 and logging into BTR.) I had things to do prepping for a Hurricane.

In so far as anyone getting upset or not getting picked... I had one of you that sent me a PM yesterday-- during the Show that said, "Seriously" (as if you were not going to get picked) You never did answer my questions even though I had 5 PM's coming in at the same time, all while trying to line up callers, post back, pull links and get ready to announce and MORE!!!
Let us clarify a few things once and for all. Under normal circumstances:

1. New callers always go first--- that is the easiest and most simple way I can explain things.
2. PM me if you can't make The Show (on The Forum) if you have signed up so I can delete what you have written. I am looking through pages at a time. I try to refresh the page before and during-- again this weekend was a special circumstance on Miss Cat and her car, Me and a Hurricane, Conjureman Ali trying to run a Board, Deacon Millett helping and perfection as usual to the social networks.
3. If I say PM me on the main chat room please do and thank you for those that did yesterday.
4. Please do not chastise me or the Hosts.
5. Please respect the hosts and those that are calling in
6. This is not your Show to "read". If you want a Show, go to BTR and get one, and get your own following. This Show is for the clients and customers present and future of the Lucky Mojo Curio Company in Forestville, CA, owned by Miss Catherine Yronwode and her husband and Board Op, Nagasiva Yronwode. Miss Cat, Conjureman Ali, Lucky Mojo and the Member of AIRR that is kind and professional enough to offer their services, advice and time FREE on a Sunday afternoon.
Please do not interfere with Miss Cat or Conjureman Ali. If you would like to contribute product advice and links that is great!
7. Part of my job is to intervene so that the Hosts are not disrupted in any way. The other part is going through several screens to post links, say hello, agree, offer product advice, and focus on several things at once. When I need help I ask for it. Normally Papa Newt or Joseph helps out with links. Two talented readers and rootworkers-- both of which are grads from Miss Cat's Course.
8. We love call backs and updates :) I pull them often for the Hosts and the listeners are curious as to how things are "working" out. Great :), but not every "new caller" shows up for The Show. Some are brand new to The Lucky Mojo Forum, and do not know how to PM., etc. So show up for The Show!
9. Do not criticize, judge or be "ugly" to someone calling in because this will not be tolerated.
10. Please respect the normal Lucky Mojo Forum Rules, be courteous and kind to all involved, your fellow "chatters" your fellow Members of AIRR, the Hosts, and me.

Thank you, and your patience for yesterday, all whom I could pull for the Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour; it is greatly appreciated!
Kind Regards,

Miss Tammie Lee
#1606 GA

bfly30

Unread post by bfly30 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:24 pm

REe: ConjureMan Ali and the Radio Show:

Since I signed up to this forum I heard good things about ConjureMan Ali but couldn't afford to pay for a reading. I think my spirit is just pointing me towards certain things so I can finally get help because it was by luck that I found out about the radio show by going through old posts.

I'm so happy I called in yesterday & signed up right away! I was 1st & ConjureMan Ali gave me more answers than I ever got before, I ordered my uncrossing kit from Lucky Mojo & intend on doing exactly what he said. he proved to me that I need a full reading which I'll be doing soon. I Thank god I found this forum because I really need the help, thank You everyone :)

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Thankfully I have so much jug band music on my computer that I just put it all on shuffle and enjoy! Thank you for the ideas in case I do find myself needing to use Pandora, though. Very cool!
Joseph Magnuson

shadowheart
Newly Registered

Unread post by shadowheart » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:47 am

I have just recently discovered and got hooked on the show..Miss Cat and Ali- I love to listen to you guys! I am working my way back thru previously recorded shows and would love to be a caller in the future to receive a reading.I thought it might be intersting some time if you guys talked about the Robert Johnson legends and the idea of selling your soul to the "devil at the crossroads".Why do hellhounds prefer purina crunchy Blues Musician Chow and all that lol.I must admit I am a fan of the television series Supernatural and I had the idea from a rerun of season 2 episode 8 "crossroads blues".I know some about the legend but I just thought it would make an interesting topic.thanks again and keep up the good work!

KayJay

Unread post by KayJay » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:06 pm

I called in to the show on July 15th for hoodoo support to an upcoming in vitro fertilization. First, I'd like to thank everyone who puts forth effort to keep the show going, I know that live productions like this radio show can be a lot of work!

Here's what I've done: I've spent a couple hours on two occasions holding and petting the sweetest long-haired, white tom cat (who's name is Gabriel). I found Damiana and will be having figs and goat cheese drizzled with honey from our own bees this Friday. My silver chain has been preped, and dressed with angelica root oil and is ready on my ancestor altar for the day they put the fertilized egg back in.

There were two happy "coincidences." First, I was in Puerto Rico for work at the start of last month and I was able to walk down to the ocean and say prayers to Yemanjá and make an offering. Second, the timing of the harvesting of eggs is going to fall on the Fall Equinox, which I find very auspicious.

I will know by October 9th if I'm pregnant and will update here... I'm feeling very hopeful!
- Ms. KayJay

lisathomas786

Unread post by lisathomas786 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:58 pm

I have them in my PC. I listen them all the time.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:20 am

shadowheart,

The format of the show is that the first 18-minute segment is talk, then we take 4 callers, with each call (including lead-in breaks by Miss Tammie Lee) lasting about 18 minutes. That's because 5 x 18 = 90, and 90 minutes (an hour and a half) is the length of the show.

We have been considering cutting back to three callers and having two 18-minute talk sessions -- the first to introduce our guest and speak about current events, matters of interest to that guest, and so forth, and a secnd 18-minute segment, later in the show, to discuss other topics in panel form.

We have not done this, however, because we hate to disappoint our callers, many of whom wait weeks to get in on the show.

Listeners -- and i mean REGULAR listeners, not just callers who want to get in -- what do YOU think?

A) Would you like to see us have a talk segment, take three callers, and conclude with a segment for panel discussion of topics?

B) Would you like us to continue the current format of one talk segment and four callers?

Please let us know!
catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:23 pm

I heartily pick option A! I love the calls and callers, and am glad people can get the help they need, but I am still pining for the "old days" of the show (the first 10-15 episodes, that had only content on specific subjects. I learned so much from these and lately themes and topics have been sneaking into the first 15 minutes of the episode. I personally would like to see much more of this. I think 3 callers an episode is fair. The inclusion of an additional panel discussion would be of great importance and help for many!
Joseph Magnuson

saramagnuson
HRCC Student

Unread post by saramagnuson » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:59 am

I think it's a fantastic idea to have the two 18 minute panel discussions, one at the beginning and one at the end, with only 3 callers. So many times the topics from the callers, as well as the conversations in the chat room, could easily lead into further panel discussion and that would be great to hear! I'm all for option A!

Sara Magnuson
#1600G

ProfessorAmes
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by ProfessorAmes » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:45 am

I'm in agreement with the Magnusons here. Three callers and then some thematic discussions and some of the ins and outs of rootwork would be really interesting. I love the specific situations that people deal with, but I also love hearing how professional rootworkers think and how they do work.

Prof Ames
Professor Ames - HRCC Graduate #1694

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:53 am

The individual calls definitely present topics of discussion...each and every show! It is helpful to hear professional workers discuss these topics in a informal manner.
Joseph Magnuson

Odessa
HRCC Student

Unread post by Odessa » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:52 am

Just listened to the show via podcast. : ) I too like option 'A'. Overall, I learn a lot by listening to how everyone does their readings and prescribes work to do on the various problems that are called in, but I also like the idea of having some topical discussions on things. I think it would be a nice little addition to change up the radio show.
"if someone hands you lemons, mystify them by making a chocolate cake out of them"

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:09 pm

I really like the idea of having an additional discussion segment in the show.
Two-Headed Doctor

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:15 pm

That is 5 votes for option 'A'...
Joseph Magnuson

Devil_Artist

Unread post by Devil_Artist » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:46 pm

I'd vote for option A just to try it. Can always change it back if it doesn't work out. It seems like the hosts have a lot to say but end up having to cut it short to concentrate on callers. It would also be nice to hear a discussion on the theme of the day.

KayJay

Unread post by KayJay » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:34 am

The fertility spells were very effective. The doctors all were happily surprised to have 100% of the harvested eggs fertilize (an unusual statistic)! Just 9 days until I'll report if the whole process was successful.
KayJay wrote:I called in to the show on July 15th for hoodoo support to an upcoming in vitro fertilization. First, I'd like to thank everyone who puts forth effort to keep the show going, I know that live productions like this radio show can be a lot of work!

Here's what I've done: I've spent a couple hours on two occasions holding and petting the sweetest long-haired, white tom cat (who's name is Gabriel). I found Damiana and will be having figs and goat cheese drizzled with honey from our own bees this Friday. My silver chain has been preped, and dressed with angelica root oil and is ready on my ancestor altar for the day they put the fertilized egg back in.

There were two happy "coincidences." First, I was in Puerto Rico for work at the start of last month and I was able to walk down to the ocean and say prayers to Yemanjá and make an offering. Second, the timing of the harvesting of eggs is going to fall on the Fall Equinox, which I find very auspicious.

I will know by October 9th if I'm pregnant and will update here... I'm feeling very hopeful!
- Ms. KayJay

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:58 pm

KayJay, That sounds wonderful -- wishing you all the best and praying that your prayers are answered.
catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:26 pm

I really love the extra discussion after the calls during today's show. i think it is very helpful and moving along smoothly! Thank you all so much.
Joseph Magnuson

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:16 pm

Joseph, thank you for your contributions, editing, and links.

Kind Regards,

Tammie Lee
#1606 GA

KayJay

Unread post by KayJay » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:05 am

Whoot! :D
I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was positive! Thanks!
- Ms. KayJay

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:19 am

Wonderful news KayJay!

Be Blessed!

Tammie Lee
#1606 GA

psychicveronica77
HRCC Student

Unread post by psychicveronica77 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:05 am

Thank you so much Ms Cat and CM Ali! I will purchase all the items and as soon as I receive it I will work on it!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:39 am

Tammie Lee: You are very welcome.

psychicveronica77: It was great to hear you on the show. Good luck!
Joseph Magnuson

psychicveronica77
HRCC Student

Unread post by psychicveronica77 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:10 am

:) thanks Joseph

spencey
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by spencey » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:01 pm

I went to the LuckyMojo link: http://www.luckymojo.com/radioshow.html and wanted to listen to some of the old archived shows from 2004 to 2008 but the links are broken or no longer exist. I am clicking on the link that says "Browse and download archived broadcasts of of the 2004 - 2008 seasons of the Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour Now!"
Can someone tell me how to gain access to those old shows and/or purchase them?

pinemarten

Unread post by pinemarten » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:26 pm

I'm going to second spencey's post above. Archive links (on both Dr. Kioni's audio blog and the Lucky Mojo website) appear to be broken. Are these shows still available anywhere?
Thank you Saint Jude, Saint Expedite, and Our Lady of Loreto for your loving help and guidance!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:59 pm

The above two posts are the reason I am glad I saved all available Lucky Mojo podcasts on my external hard-drive. Wonderful archive that will be listened to many times in the future. I hope those old episodes get put back up soon...especially the "First Season" "fire-side/round-robin" chats that I first fell in love with...
Joseph Magnuson

Ande
Newly Registered

Unread post by Ande » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:12 pm

Hello! I was on tonight's LMCC radio show (12/2/12) regarding possibly reaching out to my granddad (whom I never knew) as an ancestor. He had come to me in a dream to tell me that I had been misinformed about him.

Background: he died about 60 years ago in a one-car collision (possibly while intoxicated) when my dad was a little boy. Other family relatives never really mentioned him, or if they did, conversation was quickly diverted to something else. I was always under the impresssion that he could have been an alcoholic. He was not home much and when he was he was pretty strict, so I also got the impression maybe he wasn't thought of too highly by this large family.

Sadly, all the relatives on that side of the family have passed, which is kind of frustrating timing. The two older sisters who could have answered many questions died only recently.

So I was wondering, on the show, how to contact an ancestor such as this, and if it was appropriate to offer a spirit alcohol when they may have had problems with it in life.

I really liked the answers, so I am posting a summary of them here in the event that someone using the search function on this forum can maybe find this post. They should also listen to that podcast, too.

Johann was the guest tonight and he suggested having another spirit with whom I am familiar go get this guy from the spirit world, and cat followed up that other relative spirits should verify that he is indeed ol' grandad and not a trickster spirit. I feel that this is an excellent idea that others might like to know about, especially in the case where there is nobody in living memory who can work with you to say "yes, that is the guy". My dad, for instance, would probably not recognize granddad's energy signature enough to say for sure that the spirit was telling the truth.

Conjureman Ali also suggested not to just jump in and start trying to work him but to get to know him first, which is a basic practice to anyone who has worked with spirits, but a very important piece of advice to those who have not.

I really liked CM Ali's idea of getting some of granddad's graveyard dirt and cat's idea of taking a little piece of wood from the door of the house he lived in (he actually built this house by hand 65 years ago). The house is still owned by the family, and I have a key to it. Ali said to take the key, put it in a bowl of the graveyard dirt, and turn the key to open up a gateway for the spirit to enter. He also reminded me/listeners to set up a protected space before doing this. Very good advice when you are calling spirits you don't know, let alone those who have a dubious past.

Cat mentioned that there is a way you can work with spirits to heal past relationships. I am quite attracted to this idea, especially because granddad seems to have left behind, well, disappointment with his progeny. Since they are all now in the spirit realm maybe it is my job in the family to help them become more accepting of one another! I would like to learn more about this and do some healing work here, because some day I will be joining them and don't want to have to clean up a family mess when I am freshly deceased LOL

As to giving a spirit alcohol when they may have had some problems with it in life, it seems like the advice was split. Johann said that spirits are not the same in death as they were in life, and that it would be a nice treat. Cat said that this is generally the case but when a person became violent or died as a result of alcohol, maybe go kind of easy on the alcohol, set out a glass of water at first til you get to know the spirit. Ali said to water it down so as not to heat him up, and also to offer water at first. Someone suggested beer as well.

I asked about maybe offering some of his favorite aftershave (Old Spice) instead. Both Ali and cat said that he would probably like it and yes, to do that. I would like to pay for the graveyard dirt in a way that would please him and I am being told intuitively that he would like this better than whiskey, so that was really nice to have it confirmed. Cat also said that if a person's ancestor liked a certain cologne or beverage or something, to use that, not just Florida Water or whiskey if you knew that they had a favorite.

I deeply appreciate you being able to take my call this evening and for giving me such valuable advice. I learn something new with each and every podcast, and I am honored that you took the time to address this for me on such short notice. Thank you so very, very much.

Ande

duchess
HRCC Student

Unread post by duchess » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:23 am

Thank you so very much for taking my call yesterday. I have really been struggling with self-doubt and the confidence that is the foundation of rootwork. Now, I know that I need to get back to the basics and fix some things so my work (and life) can really manifest.

Speaking of self-doubt, I have to share with you this sign from spirit. I just repeated another round of work for the personal case I am working on and today is three days in. This morning the strangest thing happened. I was making my bed getting ready to go to work and as I was folding up one of my blankets something fell on the floor. I picked it up and it was an apple-shaped, paper-heart ornament that I had never seen before in my life. I have no idea where it came from and there is no logical explanation because I have to tell you, it wasn't there last night. It was fist-sized and I would have noticed it because I had moved the covers flat last night. I am blown away because there is simply no logical, earthly explanation. It is the clearest sign I have ever received.

The lesson: Have faith in yourself, God, and the work.

Many blessings and much thanks!

duchess

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:34 am

Ande and dutchess, it was a pleasure to have you both on the December 2nd, 2012 Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour, and so happy that you got some great advice from Miss Cat, ConjureMan Ali, and Dr. Johannes. Also, thank you Ande for posting a summery as it will be useful for others on the forum.

dutches: that is a powerful lesson to learn and know that there will always be tests on this in the future. However, once you get back in alignment with your own spirit then these tests wont appear as difficult as it would be not being in alignment. Best of luck to you and many blessings.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

saramagnuson
HRCC Student

Unread post by saramagnuson » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:18 am

Ande,

I just listened to the archive of the radio show from yesterday when you called in. It was exciting to hear ConjureMan Ali mention my genealogy and ancestor work on the show and I wanted to reach out to you (and thank you to ConjureMan Ali!). If you'd like some assistance with learning more about your grandfather's life I would be more than happy to help you. You can private message me to exchange email addresses so we can communicate off the forum.

Very interesting dream you had and a great call to hear on the show!

Sara Magnuson
#1600G

sweetnshort767

Unread post by sweetnshort767 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:29 am

Hi LM

I have been listening to the LM Radio Show podcasts and I love them soo much. I have been learning so much, just seeping in so much information. I wanted to say that I really appreicate all of you so much for doing this for your listeners.

Special thanks to Miss Cat, it's very nice hearing your voice and I feel like I am learning directly from you. Also, special thanks to ConjourMan Ali; you have a very soothing, calming voice. It gives me a sense of peace.

Again, thank you all of LM team for making this possible for us to learn and enjoy at the same time.

Love,
Sweetnshort

MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MaryBee » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:00 am

Isn't it a great show and resource? Hope to see you there in the chatroom!

Mary Bee
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:59 pm

Thank you for joining us!!!

Be Blessed,

Miss Tammie Lee
#1606 GA

tjvancil61

Unread post by tjvancil61 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:01 pm

My name is TJ and I wanted to follow up to the November 21st show. I finally received a job and my girlfriend and I are moving into an apartment after Christmas. We finally have our own place and able to start our family together. I personally t to thank Ms. Cat, Conjureman Ali and Dr. E for the wonderful advice and help. We are living proof that footwork truly does work.

Thank you and we will send baby photos once he is born,

TJ

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Congratulations TJ! Stories like yours are truly heartwarming and some of may favourite posts to read :D
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:43 pm

This is wonderful news! Thank you for sharing this with us TJ! :D
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Brry

Unread post by Brry » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:41 am

Hello, I'm Brry, I haven't been on for a while but here is my introduction
warm-hello-from-brry-t20674.html#p107905

Sure do enjoy the radio show and so, for fun and entertainment, thought I'd post my thoughts. Also, so I won't get my account deleted for being inactive if I post more regularly (ha!)

A couple shows back had the theme of why good spells fail. I really wanted to jump in and add that sometimes, they don't work because the person didn't start the work in enough time. If something is already set in motion it can be like flicking a pea shooter at an oncoming train. I have learned the importance of this working as a reader at the magick shop. Psychic reading, they say, is a form of time travel. You are going into the future to see events that haven't happened yet, and are bringing the information back to the here-and-now. Seeing 'strings' of events. One event leads up to the next event like dominoes falling all in a row. Something that happens to you tomorrow could be due to someone you met 5 years ago. In some circumstances it can be very very hard to change the path. Like one client said, "We all have that one bad kid in the neighborhood and think 'that boy's going to jail', you might not know the exact string of events that's going to lead up to his arrest but you can see the pattern of his behavior and know where it's all going to lead." If you want a spell to work, you better catch it in enough time. I myself have had it happen where missed the necessary cue to grab something and turn it around in time, even when I had a psychic heads-up what was going to happen. I was like "Damn, I knew that was going to happen." But it all went down so fast I didn't catch it in time.

Really enjoyed the show after that on Evil eyes. And the use of the color blue. Wanted to add that blue is a protective color, used in LBRP. I had the experience one night, after casting my protective circle, I woke up in the night, as I sometimes do, and was able to see though my astral-eyes (I get serious hypnagogia, where you wake up and are actually able to see 3d floating shapes and such.) So I sit up for a minute baffled as to why the ef my whole room is bathed in BLUE. the walls, ceiling, everything was BLUE. After a minute of "Wtf?" Then I remembered I had cast a protective circle. And was like, "Oh, lol, it's just my circle."

At bit about the fish connection, it's traditional that fish are protection from the evil eye because "Blessings only rest on something that is concealed from the eye" "The water covers the fish of the sea so the eye has no power over them" - but also - Our ancestors could not have failed to notice that fish never blink and never close their eyes even to sleep. This also might be a connection between fish and the ever-constant eye.

And we had a blast taking all the new years ideas. We threw out the water, banged the pan, and rolled luggage in and out the door.
Last edited by aura on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed external link

Brry

Unread post by Brry » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Another good show. And you happened to stumble across an area I know quite a lot about, my area of expertise even. Sleep paralysis/Astral Projection (They are related.) Is is common place to go into sleep paralysis right before you project out of your body and can be terrifying because you might think you're dying or being attacked by something. It's known as "The terror in the threshold" or "A dweller in the threshold" Astral projection runs in my family, though we are not black. I even had my DNA run out of curiosity, I'm part Asian or Native American (Asian/Native American often come up as the same thing in DNA.) I always felt something was different about my family but to date have been the only one to embrace these experiences. My other relatives react only with terror and shame and believe we are under a family curse. So many times I was told "Don't mess with it!" I was even told to "Pray for god to take it away" by my aunt who said the experiences almost drove her to kill herself. So yeah, it can me quite disconcerting to sit up out of your body at night and see spirits communicating with you. But hey, (puts on sunglasses) That's how I roll.

lovebird

Unread post by lovebird » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:27 pm

Hi Miss Cat
I was on the radio show earlier and I didn't catch the one kind of herb that I am suppose to use in the bath. I think he said hazel something or some kind of root but I can't find it, also is there any way I can get a copy of the show from today please.

Mzcee
Lovebird

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi, Mzcee --

Thanks for calling in to the Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour this afternoon! I am not sure which herb you are referencing, as we discussed many of them during the course of the 90 minutes, but you can always re-listen to the show at the Blog Talk Radio Archives.

Just go here, scroll down to "On-Demand Episodes" and select the show dated January 20, 2013:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/luckymojoh ... otworkhour
catherine yronwode

Brry

Unread post by Brry » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:40 am

Listened to the recording of the show. Due to my work schedule I'm not able to listen or comment live.

On initiation - When I first began having astral projection and spirit contacts I went from pillar to post looking for a 'teacher.' I wanted someone to explain what was happening and what I was supposed to do with it.

I studied with EVERYONE. A Dianic Witch, an Italian Strega, A Native American Medicine Man, A Buddhist monk....

Though they were knowledgeable, but most did not experience what I was experiencing. And so, they could not really guide me through it. Only the Buddhist monk knew exactly what was up. Without me having ever said one word, the second I sat down in front of him he said "Your soul leaves your body. It travels. You've seen spirits. You've seen angels." He was also able to tell me my birthday and both my parents names. I was very impressed but broke off because he bad attitude against anything that seemed like witchcraft or magick and he was very instant that I convert to Buddhism. I did not feel prepared to convert to any religion.

After all my attempts to find a teacher or an initiator failed, I just had to go it alone. Self study. I've learned a lot from trial and error.

Also, pulled up the definition of "Two headed Doctor." The most common one was someone who does reading and spells. Seems like those two already go hand in hand. The thought that struck me the second I saw the phrase "Two Headed Doctor" was of someone who heals others with the aid of a spirit. Like Shamans do in South America and all over the world. There is you, and then there is the spirit who is working through you to perform the healing. Two Headed Doctor.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour - Sign Up For a Free Reading!”