Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour Suggestions Requests Feedback

Sundays are magical -- Sign up here to become a caller on the longest-running hoodoo radio show in the universe! Free readings, rootwork advice, and conjure spells with Miss cat, ConjureMan Ali, Papa Newt and guests!
Miss Athena
Site Admin
Re: Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour Suggestions Requests Feedback

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:29 pm

The chat box should appear at the bottom of the page, so no need to sign in to Facebook or anything like that. You may need to refresh the page once the show starts to get the chat box to show up if you don't see it.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

Helianthus
Newly Registered

How to get on the radio

Unread post by Helianthus » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:36 pm

Hello
How do you choose your callers? Is it first come first serve or topic based?
Thank you : )

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:35 pm

We choose from among those who are actually on the line when the show starts, selecting new callers first. Some weeks we have a lot of callers and some weeks very few. Most callers will get by the second or third try.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

CarmenTGS

Unread post by CarmenTGS » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:00 am

Hello all!

I wanted to say how grateful I am to Miss Cat, Cali Mojo Girl, and Conjureman Ali for their excellent readings and prescriptions on the June 2nd show, and give some follow-up about the accuracy of the readings and results of the work thus far.

Remember a Wren visited me, reminded me to make the most of the resources available to me (including your radio show), and inspired me to check for negative influences I might have overlooked.

Miss Cat: just observing your reading with the cards and pendulum was very instructive! It inspired me to pull out my pendulum and practice more. You verified that my Wren visit was symbolic, and pulled the 3 of Wands ('the Carmen card'), the 8 of Pentacles ('the Wren's card), and the Wheel of Fortune. Your reading indicated that I have "been looking out over the Bay and looking for things", that there are few negative influences clinging around now, that the Wren is saying, "Keep at what you're doing, but set aside anything that isn't working for you," that "a guardian or helper is coming," and that "the world is full of signs for [me], but the outcome is justice and good fortune."

Your accuracy is on point here. I grew up near the Chesapeake Bay, and that particular phrase rang true for me - as well as the concept of looking out over the water for things. I have been looking for my power, autonomy, & roots, and divesting myself of unnecessary influences for many years. But now is a new time, and many of the troublesome things are going away, some on their own - as you read. It was inspiring to have the confirmation that the Wren was symbolic; to hear that he will return when needed was comforting. Also, when I have been lacking discipline or energy, or am forgetful of the wonder in the world around me, I try to remember your words about the outcome, and remember to keep my Eye open for the signs and abundance at hand. Finally, as you predicted - helpers: I made a new friend who is teaching me to make dipped candles, and recently a practitioner of Aromatherapy whom I greatly admire offered me her tutelage.

Cali Mojo Girl: You used a Tarot deck I haven't seen (The Housewives Deck), but whose symbolism was SO spot on that I am going to have to give it a closer look. You pulled the Magician, the 9 of Pentacles, and the 2 of Pentacles. You noted that the Magician here is a man who was very taxing and sucked a lot out of my aura, and that the 9 of Pentacles points to a "woman counting dishes and who is very proud of her dishwasher. She gets an energy out of being organized...exacting the ledger." You indicated that it is time to let this go. The 2 of Pentacles as indicated a woman having fun with children and pets, and that there was something left to do to be totally rid of the Magician.

So, let me tell you a little story about that guy, and the dishes :-) You couldn't be more spot on, Cali - while I was with that dude, I literally lost my mojo. Somehow in all the mess, I forgot so much of my higher self, just surviving I guess. The end of that relationship a few years ago was traumatic, and when I left I literally counted the dishes - left him only with the ones he brought to the relationship (a few pots, a pan, a couple of dishes, a bowl) and plastic utensils. I was fortunate: able to pack up and leave, but the road to healing has been rocky - 3 moves in 3 years, among other set-backs. I was replaying traumatic events too often, even though I knew I needed to let them go. Having troubles getting settled. However, this year there has been a noticeable change: I moved into the house I'm currently in and feel confident I will be able to stay in it awhile. I have expanded my garden, and - wait for it - recently got a new dishwasher - haha! So what was it I had to do to finally shake him off? Clean house, unpack, and begin my practice again!

Top to bottom, back to front: I've been cleaning the shit out of my house! And working to completely unpack my life - literally and figuratively. Some boxes I packed away (thankfully carefully), and hadn't really had the time, energy, or space to organize. But that has been mostly remedied now. I found journals I've kept for years and supplies I will need going forward that I had nearly forgotten. Things have been put in their places. The rooms in my home each have their purposes: the kitchen is truly my hearth now, the dining room a place of nurturing and fellowship, etc. Even - for the first time in my life - a room set aside to begin to working up some permanent altars. Besides that, I am simply having more fun. I've been sharing the gardening with the neighborhood kids, I'm regularly practicing my crafty hobbies, and learning new recipes.

Conjureman Ali: You affirmed that Wren is a spirit guide, and reminded me about my connections with animals: I loved your phrasing - animal allies. You even reminded me that my grandfather and father raised fowl. My grandfather wanted to teach me to raise quail and chickens - but it wasn't possible once we moved to the city. It's been nice to remember though, and has re-lit my desire to learn more about my feathered friends. You also prescribed three things: 1. To light a candle with a prayer & feed and water Wren in the garden, 2. to wash and prepare a Lodestone on the altar (during the waxing moon), and to feed it regularly - then at the full moon to sprinkle its dust at the 4 corners of the house, and 3. to spritz Hoyt's cologne with Van Van to dispel negative influences.

Your first prescription I call Feed the Wren (FTW - which also reminds me of 'For the Win'), and it's the one I was able to begin immediately. I researched good foods for Wren, and decided to do this on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. Now, I have successfully completed the ritual since Monday, 6/3, 3 x per week. One week, I missed Wednesday morning, so simply performed it the next morning. I greet Wren, express my gratitude for his visits and his songs, invite him to come whenever he pleases, assure him that I mean him no harm, and express my desire to continue a relationship with him. I let the candle burn (as often as possible anyway, some days the wind makes that difficult). Then I walk around the backyard spreading the food. You suggested pouring the water into my garden, but it has been very hot here, and I have been watering the garden a little extra and leaving the bowl of water throughout the day for any creatures who might need a drink or a bath as they pass through. There is rarely any left at the end of the day.

I was expecting this lovely ritual to be uplifting, to remind me of my connections to nature and animal allies, and to increase my focus on gratitude - and it has absolutely done so! I was NOT expecting the power of the invitation. Since the first ritual:

A family of wrens (at least three different ones) moved into the tree in the NW corner of my yard almost immediately. Following them led me to a mulberry (tree, it's huge) hidden in plain site just beyond my fence on 6/6. Also on the night of 6/6 a Mama Wolf Spider visited me at my Southern entrance - carrying her babies on her back! They glittered in the moonlight with a hundred eyes if there was one. She even waited on my steps so I could take pictures. Spider has been a friend for many years, and this visit was a joy. A male and female pair of cardinals come to visit each day since about the second week; the male is bold and likes to hang out right on the deck railing; the female is shy and stays nearer the edge of the yard. A couple of male blue jays started showing up around 6/26 and they have spectacular arguments - mid-air, in the center of the yard. One of them was not very fond either of the tray of food I've taken to leaving on the deck or its placement - after 23 days of the set-up working out fine, the jays knocked it over two mornings in a row. I decided to get a proper hanging bird feeder, and a heavier bowl for the offering on the deck railing - since apparently the jays would prefer not to have to stoop so low to get to my offerings. But since their spills a pair of mourning doves have taken up under the deck. This isn't even the whole menagerie.

Now, though Wren comes first, I greet them all and include them in my morning prayer.

Your ritual is helping me develop the habit of going outside more often. I want to see if any of my animal friends are doing something interesting in the backyard, check on their food and water bowls, keep an eye on candles if there are any. It's been good for so many aspects of my life. In short, I'm beginning to feel like I ought to be meeting my Fairy Godmother out there sometime, and the ritual you suggested has achieved the impossible: turning me into a morning person. :-)

The Hoyt's Cologne, Van Van oil and supplies for the Lodestone altar came recently. I added some Van Van to the Hoyt's as instructed, and alongside my cleaning, I have spritzed, spritzed, spritzed. I spritz it around the house each morning since 6/28 - it seems to have the interesting effect of grounding and awakening at the same time, like a whiff of cobweb-clearing in tandem with a gentle nudge to focus and set about the work of the day.

Soon, the moon will be waxing and it will be time to wash and prepare the Lodestone. I intend to do this on 7/4, once the New Moon has fully passed, and - I think, propitiously - also Independence Day (US). I am inclined to include intentions for personal independence and to whisper my desires to attract freedom for the oppressed alongside my Lodestone petitions, among others.

I know this post got very long, but I wanted to to express my gratitude with clear examples of results and by giving back some of what the investment of your time has given to me. Thank you once again for the readings, prescriptions, and inspiration!

With warm regards,

Carmen

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:19 am

Thank you very much for your commentary. It was interesting to see how our readings and prescriptions fit into a seamless whole in terms of your life history and current practices. Thanks for sharing.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

whunter
Newly Registered

Unread post by whunter » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:25 am

Hello, What time does the show broadcast and is there a link to listen?
I would like to listen.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:37 pm

Hello whunter,

The radio show is broadcast every Sunday starting at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. The link is here (click the On Air button to listen in):
http://www.luckymojo.com/radioshow.html
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour - Sign Up For a Free Reading!”