• Advertisement
Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:23 am

Lucky Mojo Vigil Light Questions and Answers (non MISC)

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.

General Vigil Light Questions and Answers (non MISC)

Unread postby Entity79 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:39 pm

Just wondering....I'm having a 7-day vigil light set for me by a rootworker, and was curious as to how long it generally takes to see results if you get them. The situation I'm having it done for is slightly time-sensitive, so I'm just wanting to know in general.
Entity79

Re: General Vigil Light Question

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:24 pm

Depends entirely on the situation. Some can produce results right away, some take time.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:51 am

Entity79, I have had results happen the next day...and I have had vigil's that seemingly never manifested anything! Results vary from person to person, candle to candle, situation to situation. I understand you have a time-sensitive issue, but try to relax yourself and wait patiently. Not always easy to do, but it may help you be more aware of any signs that will help you.

I wish you luck, and please let us know what happens!

-Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

How long will wrapped vigil candles keep?

Unread postby Crankyfish » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:31 am

Will my dressed "Look Me Over" vigil candles still be "fresh" and effective if I don't use them right away?
I'm waiting on a reading from ConjureMan before deciding which man to target with them. I have them in a cool, dark place now.

Thank you St Expedite ! :)
Crankyfish

Re: How long will wrapped vigil candles keep?

Unread postby Mama Micki » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:54 am

Your candles will be fine. Just keep them wrapped until you are ready to use them.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Re: How long will wrapped vigil candles keep?

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:58 pm

I agree. You do not have to use them right away. They dont have a expiration date per se. So feel free to use them when you are ready.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Which Candle to use?

Unread postby Coastside Conjure » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:37 pm

Which Vigil Candle should I use when trying to obtain a Specific Job at a Specific Company that I had interviewed for?

Any help would be appreciated!
Coastside Conjure
Forum Moderator

Re: Which Candle to use?

Unread postby jwmcclin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:33 pm

I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Devi Spring » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:46 pm

Steady Work is a fantastic suggestion.

As an alternate and slightly more complex working, you could burn vigils in threes placing your petition in the center. A triangle is a powerful geometric figure for manifestation. You could use a Steady Work vigil, with a Crown of Success vigil, and Road Opener or Van Van vigil. I would place the Road Opener or Van Van at the top of the triangle. Pray over the configuration each day.

If you wanted to take it one step further, you could get some Steady Work powder and place it on the petition paper in the center of the triangle. Once the candles have finished burning, fold the paper around the powder and place it into a flannel bag. Then carry that on your person to the interview!
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:30 pm

Road Opener Spiritual Supplies (http://www.missionary-independent.org/c ... pener.html)
Van Van Spiritual Supplies (http://www.luckymojo.com/vanvan.html)
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby j82 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:20 pm

I use steady work when working for a specific job I had the same question a few months back when looking to purchase a kit. I went with steady work because it hit all the areas I was looking for ( alternativly I was thinking a money one or cronw of success), the kit helps you find a perfect job meeting certain requirements. If all you want is a candle id use steady work indicating the specifics of that job or crown of success to be successful getting that job. St. Joseph is also very helpful with individuals looking for employment.
j82

Unread postby CopperFox » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Don't forget to carry some Five Finger Grass in your pocket when you go to the interview!

If you can share what type of work you're applying for, I may be able to offer occupation-specific suggestions to go with the great ones you've already been given. But just for kicks, I'll go ahead and give a favorite spell of mine, which can be modified for all sorts of good things and is really not much more effort than just dressing a candle. I hope you'll give it a try!

Sweet Bowl for Job Getting
supplies:
LM oils relevent to condition, such as Steady Work, Wealthy Way, COS, etc.
Sugar
Cinnamon (ground)
Five Finger Grass
Candle of your choice, matched to condition
Small bowl, heat safe and symbolically suited to the work

Blend the Sugar, Cinnamon and Five Finger Grass together, praying over it as you do and concentrating on your desires. Prepare a petition paper and dress it with the oils, place a pinch of Five Finger Grass in the center and fold toward yourself. Place the dressed petition in the bottom of the bowl and cover it over with the fixed Sugar mix.
Now inscribe and dress your candle and either sink it into the Sugar mix or set it atop the mix using a candle holder. (Remember that Sugar is inflammable, it will catch fire if you let the candle burn down without a candleholder. Smells good, though...) If you have a Lodestone for money, take a pinch of Magnetic Sand from your Lodestone and sprinkle it over the Sugar mix.
You can now work this Sweet Bowl just like a honey jar, with a special difference -- as you acquire new leads you may continue to add petitions to the bowl, burying them in the Sugar and burning a candle whenever required.

Tip: You can also take a pinch of the Sugar mix and add it to your bath prior to interviews!

Once you've achieved your goal, bury any candle wax on your homeplace to keep the good influence around you. You can keep the Sugar mix and continue to use it in baths and floor washes to keep your career situation sweet.

Best of all Luck to you!
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121
CopperFox

Unread postby DeborahHarris » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:54 am

What herbs go in an attraction candle (besides the attraction oil)?
DeborahHarris

Unread postby Devi Spring » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:35 am

Lucky Mojo doesn't give away their formulas, but you can be sure that it will compliment your petition and the intent of the candle.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby DeborahHarris » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Okay, thanks.
DeborahHarris

Re: Substitute for DUME Candle

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:51 am

The Crossing candle is the usual choice for those who want to have a cursing effect that stops short of death.

CAN-GLS-CROS
Crossing Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$8.50

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: vigil candle

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:54 am

Amilo.

Effectiveness of a vigil candle would depend greatly upon your will and focus, the nature of your petition, whether you have opponents or enemies to the petition, and, above all, God's will.

I tend to light them in series rather than a bunch of them at once. If i am working through a situation, i think of the names of the candles as describing acts in a play. For instance, you mentioned Love Me and Return to me. I would play this out as follows: Reconciliation, Return to Me, Love Me, Stay With Me -- it's like a story in sevral chapters.

The Reconciliation Candle gets you talking again and being willing to forgive, aqnd maybe dating, and putting the past behind you.

CAN-GLS-RECO
Reconciliation Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$8.50

Then, if that succeeds within the time-frame i have allotted for it, the Return To Me Candle gets the person back in the home, where we are having sex and being in daily contact.

CAN-GLS-RETU
Return To Me Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$8.50

If that succeeds within the time-frame i have allotted for it, the Love Me Candle brings about a state of trust and security as the relationship gets back on track.

CAN-GLS-LOVE
Love Me Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$8.50

Next, if my petitions have been successful so far, the Stay With Me Candle ensures that we have no futher walking out on the relationship.

CAN-GLS-STAW
Stay With Me Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$8.50

If we were married at the outset, and the reconciliation and return were dramatic enough to warrant a renewal of our vows -- or if we were never married and i wanted to solidify the relationship and move from boyfriend-girlfriend to married couple -- i would then set a marriage light.

CAN-GLS-MARR
Marriage Blessings Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$8.50

Finally, i would look at the causes of the break-up in the first place.

If the cause of the split was arguments and fighting, i would end the series with a Peaceful Home candle.

CAN-GLS-PEAC
Peaceful Home Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$8.50

If the cause of the split was that the spouse stayed out late and was a party-type person and would not stay with the family in the evenings, i would set a Stay At Home Candle.

CAN-GLS-STAH
Stay At Home Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$8.50

So, you see, the candles tell the story of my aims, desires, and goals for the work. And as each stage of the petition comes to fulfillment, i set the light that guides us on the next step of the path.

Good luck to you in your work.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Need to Know How To Use Assorted Candles

Unread postby LittleJ » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:19 am

Hello...

So I ordered some vigil candles and I am looking for some advice on how to use/work them.

1) I bought a hot foot candle...need to keep someone away

2) I bought a intranquil spirit candle...need to bring someone back quickly and in a state of panic

3) I bought a a love me candle to try and enhance feelings of a guy I am current;y involved with

4) I also bought 2 skull candles and some oils to dress them.

If someone could please let me know what to do besides light them that would be great, I know there is usually a prayer of some kind that goes well with each. I am clearly new to this and considered hiring someone but I wanted to give it a go myself fiest. Thanks!
LittleJ

Re: Need to Know How To Use Assorted Candles

Unread postby Devi Spring » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:50 am

Well, first, you can start by reading the "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" pages by cat yronwode on Candle Magic and then the HITAP pages on each of these product lines to familiarize yourself with the kinds of prayer and spell work for which each is used:

Candle Magic:
http://luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

Hot Foot
http://luckymojo.com/hotfoot.html

Intranquility and the Intranquil Spirit
http://luckymojo.com/intranquility.html

Love Me
http://luckymojo.com/loveme.html

You're going to to want to write yourself a petition paper for each one of those candles - and the way in which you'll do that will differ greatly depending on the intent. Those petition papers will state your intent, the target, and sit underneath the candle as it works.

If you Google "ConjureMan petition paper" you'll be brought to a fantastic article by AIRR worker and one of our esteemed forum mods, ConjureMan Ali, on some basics on writing out different kinds of petition papers. If you have a personal concern from your targets that will help a great deal, and you'll want to include them in the petition papers by folding them inside of them.

Since your intended work includes crossing work (Hot Foot, Intranquil Spirit), you'll want to make sure that you are doing cleansing work that includes the herb hyssop after each day you work with these. Lucky Mojo sells a fantastic 13-Herb Bath which would be great, and also the Uncrossing bath crystal formula would work nicely as well. Praying Psalm 51 while doing the cleansing work is recommended.

This thread here on the forum goes into all different questions and answers about working with vigil candles, so you're bound to find a great deal of helpful info reading through it in it's entirety: candles-trim,-carve,-load,-petition,-pray,-dress,-light-t9108.html

Reading this long thread on skull candles will provide pretty much all the info you need to know how to work with the skull candles for your needs:
skull-candles-to-influence-their-thoughts-t4907.html

Before working with the Intranquil Spirit candle I would strongly recommend that you get a reading with an AIRR worker to confirm is that is actually the correct course of action for your situation, and whether or not you are capable of handling that spirit. You state yourself that you are very new to this, and working with the Intranquil Spirit is not something I would recommend a novice take on by themselves by any stretch. You'll need to be doing constant cleansings and protections for yourself if you work with this spirit to ensure that you don't cause unpleasant complications for yourself (such as the spirit latching onto YOU instead of your target). Please arrange for a reading with an AIRR worker (http://www.readersandrootworkers.org) first, and also educate yourself a bit about this type of spirit work by reading through the long Intranquil Spirit thread here on the forum: working-with-the-intranquil-spirit-t5469.html

No matter which kind of candle you're working with, you'll want to pray your intent over it each day. Some candles come with a prayer printed on the label which you can use as a jumping off point for your own prayers from the heart. If you wish to work with the Psalms AIRR has a wonderful resource where each Psalm is listed with what intents it is prayed for in hoodoo which should really help you find some appropriate prayers to use in your work: http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... _of_Psalms

Best of luck
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Dr Johannes » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:05 pm

Besides the very good recommendation above;
You can write the petition on the backside of a photo of those you wish to work on and put them, face down, under each candle before you light them.
Need Help? I am on AIRR --
www.readersandrootworkers.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ReadersandRootworkers
Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Re: Yellow Vigil Candle Money Spell That Worked For Me

Unread postby September13 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:08 am

Awesome, thanks for the info, I'll have to try this!
"As above, so below; as below, so above."
- The Kyballion
September13

Baptists and candles

Unread postby renascent » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:11 am

Do Baptist conjurers use ritual or glassed encased candles? I noticed most vigil candles have saint images and wondering if protestants who are not familiar with saints would even use them.
Thanks
renascent

Re: Baptists and candles

Unread postby Lee Canipe » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:30 am

When I was young (1970s) in Eastern NC, no body used glass encased candles. So far as I can tell, the use of glass encased candles started in the 1980s in this area. Now it is very common to find glass vigil candles in conjure shops here. I am also Protestant and I do not work with saints; however, there are non-Catholic glass encased candles available. Lucky Mojo Curio Co. offers an extensive collection of traditional hoodoo (non-Catholic) vigil candles.

Lee Canipe #398 (G)
Lee Canipe

Unread postby renascent » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:42 am

Thanks Lee

I will to take a look again and see what I can find.
renascent

Unread postby Miss Bri » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:25 pm

Lee!
It is so awesome to see you here on the forum! I have missed you :-)

Glass encased candles were really brought in by the Catholic church and we still find them most widely available in areas that have a large Catholic population-like San Antonio, Texas where I live. I was raised Baptist and no one in my family worked the glass vigil candles,but are there Baptist workers who work with them today? Sure there are! And as Lee said, Lucky Mojo carries an excellent array of glass encased vigil candles that are not specific to any one religion.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby autumnalflower » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:13 pm

I grew up in the Christian church(disciples of Christ), we didn't use glass encased candles either, but I've really enjoyed learning about the saints/novellas and why they are prayed to.
autumnalflower

Unread postby Lee Canipe » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:23 pm

Hey Miss Bri, it's good to see you too! I'm Disciples of Christ, too, Autumnalflower. My church is a little different, though. It was founded by my ancestors as a Baptist church and became affiliated with the Disciples of Christ after the Civil War; however, we still use the Free Will Baptist hymnals and Sunday School materials, etc. We are just like any other Baptist church around here except we have Communion every Sunday.

Personally, I rarely use the glass encased candles. I like to use stick candles because they are more traditional to the way people worked around here (when they even used candles!). But I do like the Lucky Mojo glass vigils-- there are a couple I want to try and I know they'd be mighty powerful coming from the shop!

Lee Canipe #398 (G)
Lee Canipe

Help With 7 Day Candles

Unread postby lilflywitchboy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:36 am

I was wondering if any one knows if it is possible to turn a regular 7 day candle like the ones here on LuckyMojo into a pull out candle? Maybe if you put the glass encased candle in boiling water.. could it loosen it up so you could pull it out yourself? Does anyone have any experience with this and have any suggestions on the best and most successful way to do this? :?:
lilflywitchboy

Re: Help With 7 Day Candles

Unread postby Devi Spring » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:37 pm

No - that won't work. The pull outs use a different type of wax that is much harder. The vigil candles are softer and are poured directly into the glass, so warming them up would only liquify the entire thing, not loosen in it.

If you want to work with pull outs, then you'll need to work with pull outs and the correct jars for use with them.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby lilflywitchboy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:25 pm

Thank you very much for your input on that..
lilflywitchboy

Unread postby Mama Micki » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:06 pm

You can also use jumbo candles and dress them appropriately. They burn for about 24-30 hours, so you can use them as a "mini-vigil."
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby lilflywitchboy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:17 pm

oh ok thank you.. :D
lilflywitchboy

A question about Vigil candles?

Unread postby Blueberry » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:42 am

Hi I wanted to know how do you make a candle work for you as a person for instance if someone wanted e.g angelic help from a candle how would they make that candle for them and work for them?
Blueberry

Re: A question about Vigil candles?

Unread postby Devi Spring » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:47 am

You would dress and pray over that candle according to your petition. While there is no one set way to go about that, there are many common traditional means by which a candle can be fixed. I would suggest that you read through the following pages in their entirety and I'm sure you'll have most of your questions answered:

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html
candles-trim,-carve,-load,-petition,-pray,-dress,-light-t9108.html
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:52 am

What is the purpose of the angelic help? Here is a list of Lucky Mojo's Catholic Patron Saints and their conditions (http://www.luckymojo.com/patronsaints.html)

Some examples:

Saint Christopher (http://www.luckymojo.com/saintchristopher.html) is the patron Saint of Travelers.
Saint Martha (http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/Saint_Martha) is petitioned for help with employers, mates, mastery and protection from enemies.
Dr. Jose Hernandez (http://www.luckymojo.com/drhernandez.html) is petitioned for blessing and healing.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Blueberry » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:43 pm

I was using angelic help for mearly an example and thats the honest truth. I just mentioned that because it was something neutral to put I could of said luck, love or money etc. thanks for listings I just thought you cleansed the candle and then just lit it with a petition written and placed under candle. But theres much more too it. Will read links throughly thanks.
Blueberry

Unread postby Blueberry » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:09 am

Thanks for the responces if you wanted to put oils on vigil candle do you put it on the top of the candle?
Blueberry

Unread postby aura » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:10 am

Hi Blueberry,

yes the oil goes on top. The dressing of candles is covered extensively in the following thread along with some incredible recipes to fix vigils that have been kindly provided by excellent workers:

blended-oil-recipes-for-dressing-vigil-candles-t419.html

if you've never dressed or fixed a vigil before, I'd recommend purchasing one from LM first since they come dressed with oils and herbs and simply need to be lit. It also shows you exactly what your efforts should accomplish (visually since you can't see the staff pray over the candles of course ;) ). it's what I did, and still do - the LM vigils are so beautifully prepared I don't see why I should try and improvise - they'll even use the herbs and oils you ask for should you so desire, you simply need to ask in the comment box for your order.
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Blueberry » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:30 am

ok thanks that's good information.
Blueberry

question about Vigil candles

Unread postby carrie » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:27 am

I bought the following 4 dressed/fixed Vigil Candles and would like to attract a person.
“Come to me, Dixis Love, Follow me boy, Adam & Eve”

I will start to light one Vigil candle “Come to me” first, I will pray over the Vigil candle according to my petition. Because i have to work at day, i can only light the candle at night before sleep.
How many hours should I pray over it everyday? How many hours I have to burn it everyday? Within how many days to finish the Vigil candle?
One the other sides, how to burn candles in triangle? Will it be more powerful than burning only one candle?

Thanks for your advice :)
carrie

Re: question about Vigil candles

Unread postby MaryBee » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:04 am

You have a few options. You can light all 4 candles at once and pray your petitions over them, then when you're ready to go to work, pinch the candle flame out or use a snuffer; don't blow the candles out or you'll blow your magic away from you.

You can light the Come to Me candle first, let it burn out in sections (burn at night, then put it out during the day) for however long it takes. However, you may need long matches or a long candle lighter to get the flame going again when the wick is down in the glass.

You can pray your petition over each candle once, or in odd numbers that have magic significance; when I'm working a candle either for myself or a client, I start off praying the petition 3 times a day until I see movement in the case, then I switch to once daily.

A Lucky Mojo vigil, when burned straight through, lasts anywhere from 5-7 days. However, an overly fast burn or overly slow burn may indicate meaning of your work on this guy. Read about candle magic reading here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.
MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MissMichaele » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:49 am

If you are worried about fire, you can place the candles in a pan of sand in the bathtub while you are away from home -- that way you can let them burn straight through.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby carrie » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:51 am

Thanks advice from Mary & Michaele.

Dear Mary,
Do you know how to burn 3 Vigil candles in triangle? Will it be more powerful than only one candle?
What is the meaning of "magic significance"? Is it means it would be more powerful for petition?
You said you will pray the petition 3 times a day when start. Usually, how long of each petition?

Thanks for all your help.
carrie

Unread postby Blueberry » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:54 pm

Ok I have a seven day candle but the top of it is sloped like it melted or somthing so the first layer wont burn equally to the rest due to the fact its slopped. What do I do to fix it?
Blueberry

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:51 pm

Push it down with something flat...like a slightly heated spoon.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Blueberry » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:12 pm

Opps I don't know what to do because I have been burning a seven day candle and well I let it burn 7 minutes past 12am does that count as it going through to the next day. I don't know weather to start the candle all over again? Because it slipped through to the next day. And its only suppose to be one section a day. I didn't focus and watch the time properly.
Blueberry

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:33 pm

I was taught that 12am does not mean its the next day. I learned that when the sunrises is the next day. So a whole day is from sunrise to sunrise. So if you go by that you should be fine with how you are burning it.

But remember some people burn their vigil lights straight through not the same amount each day.

If you are still concerned about going into your next section either repeat when you are finished, or light a small single candle to make up for the section you burned through.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Re: General Vigil Light Questions and Answers (non MISC)

Unread postby Blueberry » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:47 pm

What I did, I stopped it 7 mins after 12am and restarted it again the next day so would that could as one days worth of burning due to the fact all of the first part didn't burn for that first day. Because I already stopped it as 12.7am and the first section wasnt burnt by that time so Could I start afresh another day even though it was partly burnt?
Blueberry

Unread postby Blueberry » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:32 pm

Also I didnt put a pertition under my seven day candle as its naturally fixed do you think I should add one?
Blueberry

Unread postby Blueberry » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:58 am

Its only been burning for one day so Is it too late to start a petition?
Blueberry

Unread postby Jaime Banks » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:58 pm

Hey Blueberry,

Don't freakout now, just qet one and add it under. Pray over it every day tho.

-TBanks91
Thank You SO Much St.Jude
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #2043G
Jaime Banks

Unread postby jadejenova » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:57 pm

I bought a yellow vigil candle to increase my luck in games of chance and luck in money in general along with incense.
I was wondering what are the proper steps are next.
Do I light the incense, then hold my candle and say the 23rd psalm 7x and at the end of the 7th time say what I want? Then tape my petition to it?

Or.

Do i light the incense, tape my petition to the candle, light the candle, say the 23rd psalm 7x and each time I end the psalm say what I want and then go on to saying the psalm a second time, say amen, say what I want, then a start again til I reach the 7th time?

And when making a petition what exactly do I say? and do I place the candle on top of it, or do I just tape it (words facing the glass) to the top of the candle?
jadejenova

How to dress a non pull out vigil glass candle ??

Unread postby YemayaOshun » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:43 am

I am aware of how to dress any candle, except the ones that you are unable to pull out of the glass.

I have an idea how to do it but I just wanted to know if anyone has a better way than the one I'm thinking of.

Thanks in advance ! :)
YemayaOshun

Re: How to dress a non pull out vigil glass candle ??

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:53 am

MoonGlow,

If you order vigil candles from Lucky Mojo, they come already dressed. There are many ways to do the work, but until you see it, you will just be working from book learning, not the real deal. When you order your candle from us, ask for the free candle flyers (there are TWO of them, one is called "Candle Burning Basics" and the other is called "Some Tips on Candles") Having the dressed candle and those two flyers should take you a lot closer to the understanding you need.

Here is a sample candle you can order, right here in the Forum, and it will come fully dressed for you to see exactly how it is done. Just click on the blue Add To Cart button:

CAN-GLS-CROW
Crown of Success Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$8.50

Your query and my reply have been merged into the long "Vigil Candles" thread and if you would take the time to read it, i am sure that you will learn a lot of other tricks and tips about working with these candles.

In addition, there is another thread at the Lucky Mojo Forum just on the subject of dressing, loading, and fixing ALL kinds of candles, and that may also be of interest to you to read. It is here:

Candles: Trim, Carve, Load, Petition, Pray, Dress, Light
candles-trim,-carve,-load,-petition,-pray,-dress,-light-t9108.html

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Question on 7 day candle

Unread postby YemayaOshun » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:06 pm

Hello everyone I have questions about 7 day candles :

1. I just want to make sure if it's Ok to pinch out the candle daily as that I have a small apartment and the person I live with doesn't know or approve of my beliefs ...

2. If candle is melting and there's a big pool of wax can I empty some out so that the wick doesn't drown in its own wax?

Thanks for the answers. I did read about the $ day candles on other threads but I just want to make sure of my answers. Thanks again :)
YemayaOshun

Re: Question on 7 day candle

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:17 pm

Yes to both questions.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Kittyluver » Thu May 17, 2012 1:57 pm

Dr Johannes wrote:Besides the very good recommendation above;
You can write the petition on the backside of a photo of those you wish to work on and put them, face down, under each candle before you light them.

So you are saying if I have a picture of my target I can write out my petition on the back side of that and then put it face down under the candle before I light it...

So, if I was looking down at the candle I would see the targets picture or the otherside which is the petition part?

Have any of you actually put the name paper in the candle itself... Like cut a slit in the candle and stuck it in then put your oils and herbs on top?? I'm asking about a 7 day vigil candle incased in glass.

Thanks!
Kittyluver

Re: Lucky Mojo Vigil Light Questions and Answers (non MISC)

Unread postby aura » Fri May 18, 2012 8:02 am

Hi Kittyluver,

it would be quite unusual to put the petition paper directly into the vigil candle's wax as it would be something of a fire hazard.

For the petition written on a photo, you can fold it into a packet with herbs and put that under the candle, you can fold it once and put it under the candle, you can put the person's face toward the table and the petition toward the candle if you don't want them to see the work (and add some bay leaves around the candle!), you can put the candle over a significant part of their image like the head or the heart. The rule set isn't as specific as you seem to think. How to place your paper and how to write it will depend on what your intended outcome is and who you're working on. Consider it like playing jazz music rather than classical: there's room to improvise on a theme.
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

Unread postby phonehappy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:59 am

I lit my 7 day vigil candle on Saturday and then was gone all day and night Sunday so I wasn't able o pray over my candle. Is this a problem? I'm going to say no, but i had been lighting vigil candles one right after another and this is the third one and the first one to leave black residue where the other two left the cable clear and when I left the wick was in the middle and now it's to the right..
phonehappy

Unread postby sephirah » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:51 am

An infrequent poster here but proud graduate #727. I frequently order fixed vigil candles from LMCC, never really questioning the glitter and stars added to the herbs until I had candles set by MISC and the readings included the involvement of the final positioning of the stars. I did read that glitter is 30's "old school" which I find fascinating but still am unable to locate from my course book or the available ceromancy books which I have when the stars/doves etc were incorporated into the fixing of a vigil candle. It wasn't until I got my excellent and professional interpretations of the burnings that I noted the stars had significant importance in the outcome. Stars remained at the top, were side by side on the bottom, one on top of herbs, one with 'some' herbs on top of it, candles burned for issues concerning 2 people had 3 stars etc etc. Glitter is indeed radiant and reflective but, at the end, are for the most part nondiscernable and therefore not considered a 'sign' as such. But the stars remain a mystery to me, their origin and introduction, their significance as to the outcome. I have perused as many posts as I can for info to avoid duplicating a subject already addressed but come up empty.
LMCC rules. Accept no substitute.

Sephirah
sephirah

PreviousNext

• Advertisement
Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells