Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Lucky Mojo Vigil Light Questions and Answers (non MISC)

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
bubba

Lucky Mojo Vigil Light Questions and Answers (non MISC)

Unread post by bubba » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:09 pm

Hi Folks

I have seen many posts,sources,and variations in the type of magic u can do With Candles.

I was brought up thinking that Candles are used for just lighting up a room or Cake.

So yes im new to this, and i wanted to ask somone: Why does candle magic work..? is it a manesfestation or a type of conjuring or a elemental or spirit? Is it a offereing of some kind? Whats is the Magical Science behind it, and how who's granting the spell.

Thank u.. lovelies..

bubba.. :roll:

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Lucky Mojo Vigil Light Questions and Answers (non MISC)

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:14 pm

Candle magic has ancient roots in the use of fire and incense to waft prayers to Heaven. In the ancient Middle East, oil lamps were prepared to convey prayers. The same practice is also found in India. A candle may be blessed and dedicated to one's deity, to a Saint, to a Spirit, to the Dead, or even to a living being whom one wishes to contact, beseech, communicate with, or influence. The light, as it burns, brings one's desires and prayers into manifestation. If the candle is dressed with oils and herbs, then there will also be an incense-like effect of releasing the fragrance in the oils and herbs. There is much more about candle magic on these "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" pages:

http://luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html
http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Unread post by J Simulcik » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:47 am

That is why candle magic is one of my favorites; it's simple to do, but you can add to it and make it as complex as you want. Plus, it's adaptable to so many situations.
HRCC Student #1339

EcleckticMama

Unread post by EcleckticMama » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:00 am

This is a very good question, Sophy. Most people just do the candle magic because it's simple and never ask the theory of why and how it's working.

bubba

Unread post by bubba » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:05 pm

Thanx Folks

Its just that i like to ask of details before i do something,,so then i can really feel and understand it.

Thank u Cat, J and my freind Electric.. xxx kisses

Bubba

mabel

Unread post by mabel » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:33 am

wow this is truly awesome! Thank you so much for sharing this - i am so gonna try this now..... :)

Chagrinedgirl

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:00 pm

In "The Magical Power Of The Saints" Malbrough has a couple of spells for eliminating a rival, and both call for a DUME candle along with the condition and saints candles. Since I think death is a bit much for this kind of thing, what is an appropriate candle to substitute?
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lukianos » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:26 pm

Hi Chagrinedgirl,
Chagrinedgirl wrote:In "The Magical Power Of The Saints" Malbrough has a couple of spells for eliminating a rival, and both call for a DUME candle along with the condition and saints candles. Since I think death is a bit much for this kind of thing, what is an appropriate candle to substitute?
If death is over-much, you might choose to substitute a Crossing candle (to cross up their luck), a Hotfoot candle (to make them go away), or a Damnation candle (to bring down the torments of hell upon them).

http://www.luckymojo.com/crossing.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/hotfoot.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/damnation.html
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

Chagrinedgirl

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:19 am

Thank you ElKnapp!
So be it
-Jason Bourne

goldbell

Unread post by goldbell » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:30 pm

Sometimes I buy a 7 or 9 day vigil light in glass from Cat's shop. On the candle, it explains to write out a name paper with the person's name written out nine times and put it under the candle. I like to do it that way. Usually it is for myself so I just write out my own name paper. Sometimes though, it is for someone else and I write out their name. I have those glass candles from other places too but still want to do it the way it explains on those candles from "Lucky Mojo". Lately, I wanted to light those candles for more than one person. I just want some opinions on this. Does anyone put more than one name paper (with the name written out 9 times under a 7 or 9 day vigil lght?) Does it matter whose name is on top and whose is on the bottom? it is probably a picky question but nevertheless, I still wonder.

Chagrinedgirl

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:45 pm

I've never put two names under one candle because I've never needed to. Someone more experienced could answer that one for you. From what I've seen, your name (or the person you're working the spell for's name) goes on top, written over the target's name. Speaking from experience, when buring candles from other places, if the candles are cheap (in quality) they aren't good for ceromancy because the wax and wick aren't going to burn neatly.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lukianos » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:59 am

Hi goldbell,
goldbell wrote:Sometimes I buy a 7 or 9 day vigil light in glass from Cat's shop. On the candle, it explains to write out a name paper with the person's name written out nine times and put it under the candle. I like to do it that way. Usually it is for myself so I just write out my own name paper. Sometimes though, it is for someone else and I write out their name. I have those glass candles from other places too but still want to do it the way it explains on those candles from "Lucky Mojo". Lately, I wanted to light those candles for more than one person. I just want some opinions on this. Does anyone put more than one name paper (with the name written out 9 times under a 7 or 9 day vigil lght?) Does it matter whose name is on top and whose is on the bottom? it is probably a picky question but nevertheless, I still wonder.
In many respects, the design of the petition paper depends on the purpose of the candle. With a Court Case candle, for instance, it is not uncommon to list many names (the opposing party, the lawyers, the witnesses, the judge, etc.) on the petition paper and then cross the list of those names nine times with the name of the person on whose behalf the candle is being burned. In a case like this, the candle is for a single client (and a single case), but because there are many parties involved in the case that we want to deal fairly and favorably with the client, many names will be used on the petition paper.

In a slightly different vein, it is not uncommon for those who keep a healing altar to have a notebook containing the names of those seeking healing and a single large vigil candle which burns for all of them. Blessing work may also be done this way. In both of these cases, order of the names does not matter--names are added chronologically, and the list itself may be perpetual or re-started at regular intervals (every month, every year, etc.).

In contrast, there are some types of work where combining unrelated cases would be more difficult: Love drawing work, for instance.

What type of work are you doing?
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

goldbell

Unread post by goldbell » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:53 am

I think you answered my question. I am doing more thinking and preparation for work at this point than anything else. So, if I were going to light a blessing candle or health candle of some type which is a glass encased 7 or 9 day vigil light, it would be appropriate to write out the person's name I am doing a blessing for 9 times and slip it under the candle and then decide to add someone elses and write out their name 9 times and slip it under the candle and maybe I would think of someone else and then do a name paper for them and have a small stack of name papers under some type of glass encased vigil light for blessing or healing? Is this correct?

Also, say I lit a glass encased hot foot candle because there were some people I wanted out of my life and wanted them to stay far away from me. Would I write out a list of names of the people I wanted to stay way and then cross it with my name and put it under the candle? Does each person's name have to be written out 9 times before my name crosses over it?

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lukianos » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi goldbell,
goldbell wrote:I think you answered my question. I am doing more thinking and preparation for work at this point than anything else. So, if I were going to light a blessing candle or health candle of some type which is a glass encased 7 or 9 day vigil light, it would be appropriate to write out the person's name I am doing a blessing for 9 times and slip it under the candle and then decide to add someone elses and write out their name 9 times and slip it under the candle and maybe I would think of someone else and then do a name paper for them and have a small stack of name papers under some type of glass encased vigil light for blessing or healing? Is this correct?
When I do healing or blessing work for multiple people using a single candle, I do not use multiple petition papers: I use a single petition paper prepared with multiple names (each name written once, with the list encircled by a phrase such as "completely healed in mind, body, soul, and spirit" -or- I use a "healing book" (a small notebook to which I can continuously add names). Stacks of folded petition papers under a vigil candle are to be avoided, if only because they make an unstable base for the candle.
goldbell wrote: Also, say I lit a glass encased hot foot candle because there were some people I wanted out of my life and wanted them to stay far away from me. Would I write out a list of names of the people I wanted to stay way and then cross it with my name and put it under the candle? Does each person's name have to be written out 9 times before my name crosses over it?
Better yet, consider the hotfoot candle spell described at the bottom of this page:
http://www.luckymojo.com/hotfoot.html
Here, the petition paper is simply a photo or a name paper, and the intent of the spell is enacted by dressing the paper with hotfoot powder and oil, and further, mechanically manipulating the photo/name paper with needles from the burning candle. Note that your name is kept out of the work: only your target is exposed to the hotfoot powder/oil.
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

goldbell

Unread post by goldbell » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:22 am

Thank You for your help, Carla

chatocamacho

Unread post by chatocamacho » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:58 pm

Im going to be taking a test and I wanted to see what you guys thought about using a king solomons wisdom candle or crown of success candle
which one would you recommend?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:52 pm

Both, honestly, and I like to add a bit of luck to such things as well, you have a lot to chose from if you want to add a bit of good luck to it so pick the one you favor in you work. I always like to work in odd numbers so a King Solomon Wisdom, Crown of Success and a luck drawing candle is my usual set up for such things.
HRCC Student #1559

Nijoli

Unread post by Nijoli » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:21 am

I would use either candle and have success with both. Good luck in your work and with your test.

I would also would consider anointing yourself on the big test day with one of the corresponding bottles of oil:

http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-king-solomon-wisdom.html
or
http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-crown-of-success.html

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:05 am

chatocamacho wrote:Im going to be taking a test and I wanted to see what you guys thought about using a king solomons wisdom candle or crown of success candle
which one would you recommend?
I would do both. If you have the oils then you can take one vigil light and combine both formulas on the vigil light and I would add a dash of JC oil as well.
If you do not have the oils then order both lights to be set for you and again, you might consider adding a John Conqueror to that, just to completely cover yourself :-)

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

wylde

Unread post by wylde » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:09 pm

My fixed candle i got musta got a bit warm in transit cause the wax is at a severe angle reaching the very top of the glass its in. I am thinking maybe to leave it out in the car so it can melt back without opening it and hoping it will go ok? Anyone think that would work?

Oddly enough all the figure candles are fine lol the packing people are wonderful! I am assuming the softer wax in the vigil type glass candles is the culprit here...

silverpony
HRCC Student

Unread post by silverpony » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:40 pm

I've done that exact same thing before to fix 7 day candles with that problem. The thing is that when the candle melts the wick will fall in, so what I do is make some kind of jury-rigged attatchment, like tape the wick to a pencil lying across the top of the glass, so that the wick will be held out of the melted wax. Try to get the wick as centered as possible so that when you get the candle out of your car the next morning (after it solidifies overnight) it'll be in the center of the candle.

wylde

Unread post by wylde » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:09 pm

thanks i left it in an un-airconditioned room and the next day it was more or less normal looking lol..it never fully melted i dont think and the wick seems to be slightly to one side but essentially fine. now I just gotta figuure out when i plan to start my work.

eagerbeaver88

Unread post by eagerbeaver88 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:23 pm

I was just curious, I know some people say burning one glass encased candle is enough for a spell to work while others say you should do it in threes or else its not effective or wont. I've even heard as far as to burn 7 glass encased candles (5 day candles) for the most effective power, while I can see certain people thinking more is better, I was just curious what everyones opinion on this is and what kind of success stories you all have had?

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lukianos » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:18 pm

Hi eagerbeaver88,
eagerbeaver88 wrote:I was just curious, I know some people say burning one glass encased candle is enough for a spell to work while others say you should do it in threes or else its not effective or wont. I've even heard as far as to burn 7 glass encased candles (5 day candles) for the most effective power, while I can see certain people thinking more is better, I was just curious what everyones opinion on this is and what kind of success stories you all have had?
In all honesty, I have never heard of a cookie-cutter, one-size-fits-all-situations prescription for "the number of candles that *must* be burned for a work to be effective". I've had excellent results from a single 4" offeratory candle, and I've had other situations that I felt needed continuous burning of 7-day-style votives for literally upwards of 3 years (and they worked, too). Some folks don't use glass-encased candles at all, and their work is highly successful. Conversely, all the candles in the world may not yield the results desired if the work is performed by someone who lacks the gift and skill for it. (Much as a fully-equipped workshop is no guarantee that one will be able to produce a beautiful and functional piece of furniture.)
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

silverpony
HRCC Student

Unread post by silverpony » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:53 pm

I'm gonna toss in my experiece, too. I've gotten great results from a single little 4" candle when I've used them in areas I am gifted for. I do prefer to use the glass ones these days, and have gotten great results from those too - and I've never burned more than 1 of the glass ones on a spell. Note that I have had failures, too, but clearly my successes weren't dependent upon burning more than just the one I did.

Shery2

Unread post by Shery2 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:40 pm

Hello to Everyone...I hope you have a better understanding about the 7 day glass encased candles.

For some reason my candles do not burn the full 7 days, instead, they burn out in about 5. Why is that?

These are the same candles I've been using in the past, could it be the brand? or size? but to me they all look the same. (Inflation maybe? manufacturers aren't using as much wax as before?)

Someone told me that perhaps I was putting too much energy on them. Is it good or bad too much energy?

I appreciate any input you all may have. Thank you.

Shery :?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:53 am

When i was young, all glass candles burned for NINE days and were called Novena Cndles. They were developed in the Catholic Church for use with Novena -- NINE-DAY prayers. The glass tubes were thicker in diameter, but, more important, the wax in them was REAL HARD WAX, of the kind found now in a taper candle.

By the 1990s, the diameter of the tubes was reduced. Then the Gulf War happened and the price of crude oil (the source of paraffin for these candles) went up. The makers went to a gooey, oily type of pseudo-wax. This waxy oil is not stiff enough to stand on its own. It is melty at room temperatures in hot climates. It burns very fast.

As the price of oil rose, the makers began to stir AIR BUBBLES into the wax. This was like making whipped cream of the gooey wax. The volume was increased, but -- just like whipped cream -- when the candles were warmed up, the air bubbles escaped, and the wax went "flat" in the tube -- so that some tubes of wax-goo that had been heated were only 3/4 filled.

When the price of oil came down, the makers did NOT return to the larger tubes and better wax of the previous era. They kept the narrow tubes and crappy wax. We had entered the era of the SEVEN DAY CANDLE. No longer could a Catholic devotee perform a NOVENA PRAYER with a glass cnalde from these makers. Hoodoo practitioners (who were never all that much into novenas, because they are mostly Protestants) went with the trend and just called the candles Vigil Lights and Seven Day Candles.

Then the Second Gulf War broke out. Again the price of oil rose. Again the glass tubes were decreased in diameter -- and again the waxy-goo formula changed. Now the goo was slick and sometimes almost non-burnable. Air was whipped in. These candles lasted for FIVE DAYS -- not even a number consideed lucky in hoodoo -- and completely useless for nine-day Novena Prayers.

When that war ended, we were into the era of the FIVE-DAY CANDLE. At Lucky Mojo we changed all of our advertising and promotional paperwork and substituted the term Vigil Light for any previous references to Seven Day Candles. It's all FIVE-DAY CANDLES now, people. And there is nothing we can do about it, sad to say.

It would take a major investment in factory equipment to manufacture the larger glass tubes and purchase the higher-quality wax needed to go back into production with NINE-DAY NOVENA CANDLES. I do not believe that any of the less-than-one-dozen glass candle factories in America is willing to buck the tide and return to the better product -- because the price of the candles would be doubled, and they believe that most candles of this type are sold to poorer people who would rather have a bad candle for a lower price than a great candle for a higher price.

And that's the true story of why your candles now burn for only five days.
catherine yronwode

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:00 pm

Shery

Miss cat is right. The quality of wax, along with the proportion of air to wax ratios have changed over time and they change brand to brand. If you want more consistency stick with a single brand and burn a lot of candles--making a note of what the average length of burn is, so if its 5 days then that is your average and then if the candle burns out sooner or later you will have information about the speed of the work.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Shery2

Unread post by Shery2 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:54 pm

Thank you so much for the clarification. Since all my rituals are always made with candles, I guess that will be my best bet...just to burn as many as I can and compare. Thank you again.
Shery :)

LeBaptiste

Unread post by LeBaptiste » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:50 pm

In my experience, if you have a seven day ritual, and your candle burns out in three...

You maybe should think about how important a thing is to you and try again a little later...if it's still important.

mmcpower

Unread post by mmcpower » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:58 pm

I live in California and right now it has been pretty hot, where would you recommend I keep my candles. Right now I have them in a drawer. but when I start to burn them it seems as tho it burns pretty quick, is that from the heat or not? Also my room that I do all the work in is pretty warm and that is the only place I can do my work. I have used these cadles before and they don't seem to work this way most of the time.

Thanks - Marie

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:11 pm

Candles should be kept cool and dry -- which means you cannot keep them cool in a refrigerator (it's moist). For most folks, the bottom of a closet on an inside wall remains cool, even on a hot day. Candles will burn faster in hot weather, or so it seems to me, but i burn so many of them that i just consider that "the way things are in summer." In other words, it doesn;t seem to affect my spiritual focus or will, not the outcome of the jobs i am doing.

Good luck,
catherine yronwode

mmcpower

Unread post by mmcpower » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:38 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:Candles should be kept cool and dry -- which means you cannot keep them cool in a refrigerator (it's moist). For most folks, the bottom of a closet on an inside wall remains cool, even on a hot day. Candles will burn faster in hot weather, or so it seems to me, but i burn so many of them that i just consider that "the way things are in summer." In other words, it doesn;t seem to affect my spiritual focus or will, not the outcome of the jobs i am doing.

Good luck,
Thank you - I thought so but wanted to make sure :)

Marie

Naedys

Unread post by Naedys » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:37 pm

So I'm going to be dressing a novena style candle for my altar for when I go into labour...

I'm using a blend of Blessing Oil and Protection oil, to safeguard us as I go through labour into the delivery, and to have a safe way lit for the journey of my son into this life...

I'm going to be using Sage, Cedar and Lavender as herbs for the dressing... And will be fixing this with the clock hands rising...

Any other ideas of what you would do? Advice?

This is my first child, and I wanted to make it special...

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:40 pm

I would use Angelica Root powder and Motherwort herb and Southern John Root (Birth Root). Those are traditional hoodoo herbs indicated for safe chilbirth.

Best of luck and blessings to you and the child.
catherine yronwode

lucky7clover

Unread post by lucky7clover » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:09 pm

Currently, my bf is unemployed. He is looking for jobs, but I'm not really sure how hard he is looking and somehow every place he goes to is not hiring. I was wondering if there is some sort of candle spell or mojo i could use that would truly motivate him more... I want him to be the provider. He goes through a pack of cigarettes a day... ill buy a pack that we can share, i'll smoke like 5 or 6 and he will smoke the rest. I can't afford to buy him a pack of cigarettes everyday as well as food and other essentials. It just seems like its getting worse and worse. I've talked to him about it... to pace himself. But he doesn't stop... I'm starting to feel like im being taken advantage of here... however, he is down and out and homeless. I feel really bad for him... and I need something to turn his life around so that my bank acct doesn't suffer.

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:19 pm

I was looking for a candle that is good for promotions. The majority of the candles say that it's good for gambling or winning court cases. Could someone suggest an LM candle for a job promotion?

Thank You.
Ask, Believe, Receive!

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:09 pm

Boss Fix,Crown of Success,Commanding/Compelling to try and,well command and compel your boss.
HRCC Student #1559

Chesireeyes

Unread post by Chesireeyes » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:55 pm

Tabbylove17 wrote:I was looking for a candle that is good for promotions. The majority of the candles say that it's good for gambling or winning court cases. Could someone suggest an LM candle for a job promotion?

Thank You.
Try some Steady Work supplies:

http://www.luckymojo.com/steadywork.html

Or a honey jar spell to sweeten your boss to you using any of the oils HailDiscordia mentioned to dress your candles.

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:30 am

Ok. I'll look at those because my friend is up for an officer's program and we want to make sure that he has a better shot at it.
Ask, Believe, Receive!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:55 am

I would use a command compel fixed candle here. To command and compel him to get out there and find a job.
http://www.luckymojo.com/candle-command ... ntrol.html

I would do a road opener to remove obstacles, and open up opportunities for him to find work.
http://www.luckymojo.com/candle-road-opener.html

Then I would do some candles to help him find find a job
http://www.luckymojo.com/candle-crown-of-success.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/candle-steady-work.html

On the other hand, you really need to stop enabling him. By you giving him money, that signals to him that you think its okay for him to not have a job,and for him to use him. I get that he is homeless, and all of that, but that is still not an excuse for him to use you. If you feel used, then you probably are. Also, you need to find out exactly why he does not feel the need to go out there, and get a job. Perhaps he feels he lacks the skills, whatever it is...that is what you need to work on with and without spells.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:13 am

Hello everyone. Please post the vigil candles that you have had the most success with. Please share your stories. :)
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!

SouthernGirl

Unread post by SouthernGirl » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:35 pm

Any candle dressed with the oils Haildiscordia recommended would be good for promotions. White is always appropriate as it can be charged for whatever you want it to be used for. I like a honey jar with the candles dressed in Boss Fix, Crown of Success and Commanding or whatever best fits the situation. If you can get a personal concern of the boss, so much the better.

Good luck.

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:27 pm

My favorites are St. Anthony, St. Joseph, St. Michael, and Enfant of Prague.

Mary

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:45 pm

I have had success with Lavender Love Drops in the past.
HRCC Student #1559

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:55 pm

1. I have read a few spells using only vigil candles in the Magical Saints book. Does that seem sufficient? I know intent, meant to be , having the talent are prerequisites but after all that do burning vigil candle combinations constitute as a spell? Coz from all what I've read till now we need to perform spells and burn vigils to backup our work.

Clarifications pls

2. Is bath tub an ok option to burn love vigil candles. Enemy work is usually done there so if I have to burn Infant Jesus, Holy Trinity , Reconciliation candles wouldn't that be slightly offensive from a religious perpective? I'm confused since all say that vigils need to burn continuous and since i'm in office for 12 hrs i can't take the risk of leaving them burning on my altar.

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lukianos » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:45 pm

Hi path2success,
path2success wrote:1. I have read a few spells using only vigil candles in the Magical Saints book. Does that seem sufficient? I know intent, meant to be , having the talent are prerequisites but after all that do burning vigil candle combinations constitute as a spell? Coz from all what I've read till now we need to perform spells and burn vigils to backup our work.
Candle *spells* are a variety of spellwork in and of themselves, and the burning of dressed vigil candles with petition papers fall well within this category of spellwork. Vigil candles do, indeed, make fine "back-ups" to other types of spellwork, but they are also a perfectly valid and effective kind of spellwork all on their own.
path2success wrote: 2. Is bath tub an ok option to burn love vigil candles. Enemy work is usually done there so if I have to burn Infant Jesus, Holy Trinity , Reconciliation candles wouldn't that be slightly offensive from a religious perpective? I'm confused since all say that vigils need to burn continuous and since i'm in office for 12 hrs i can't take the risk of leaving them burning on my altar.
Yes, many folks use a bathtub for ongoing burning of candles, regardless of the purpose; likewise deep sinks. Fire safety is a greater concern than strict separation of works--just make sure the tub is clean and otherwise appropriate for positive work. [It is a good idea to thoroughly clean the tub after using it for enemy work, regardless (using Chinese Wash or a similar product).]
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

Chagrinedgirl

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:51 pm

It's also been mentioned that you can put lit candles in the oven, just don't forget they're in there ;)
So be it
-Jason Bourne

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:02 pm

Thank you so much for the advice !!!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:01 pm

Place the candle in a barbaque grill. It works just as well. Or you can get a bucket and fill it with sand or kitty litter. It absorbs the heat, and works fine if you need to leave the candle while you are gone.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:30 pm

I think I'm going to get the crown of success. Thanks everyone!
Ask, Believe, Receive!

kittynmoon

Unread post by kittynmoon » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:04 am

St Joseph never seems to fail.

kittynmoon

Unread post by kittynmoon » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:04 am

St Joseph never seems to fail.

kittynmoon

Unread post by kittynmoon » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:09 am

Thank you St. Expidite and Lucky Mojo for your candle service. We are now the proud owner of motorhome that fit all the bill of my petition and it came within 3 weeks of my request - such fast results! We can now move safely across country with our 4 dogs and our cat comfortably and live for a long while on the other side in the RV. You both really came through. Thank you!

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:05 pm

kittynmoon wrote:Thank you St. Expidite and Lucky Mojo for your candle service. We are now the proud owner of motorhome that fit all the bill of my petition and it came within 3 weeks of my request - such fast results! We can now move safely across country with our 4 dogs and our cat comfortably and live for a long while on the other side in the RV. You both really came through. Thank you!
That's awesome! Thanks for bringing this candle to my attention. I am going to look into this.

Best :)
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!

Chagrinedgirl

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:02 pm

Follow Me Boy and Road Opener candles have worked like a charm for me. I also had LM dress one of the unlabeled candles with Clarity, which was wonderful. Oh, and I've had them burn various healing candles for two different family members and the results were near miraculous.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

LightTheWorld
Newly Registered

Unread post by LightTheWorld » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:22 am

Dear Turnsteel,

Your comment just made my night! I have recently been working on driving someone away, and for several reasons I have the work set up in my toilet room. :D Just yesterday I was wondering whether this matters, but my gut feeling was that it was appropriate to the person I am working on haha.

I have to add too that I make a point of closing the lid of the toilet at all times that it's not in use, as some vague feng-shui related memory is nagging at me that things may be flushed away.

So thank you very much for the information that was very timely for me.

Shannen

redacepilot

Unread post by redacepilot » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:08 pm

How do I prepare a black candle to repel evil or any harm from my family and me?

keeperoftherubyshoes

Unread post by keeperoftherubyshoes » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:25 pm

I would dress it with Cast off Evil and name it for repelling rather than doing evil. You could also use a white candle in this case as well. If you are concerned about evil from a specific source, you might want to use a black & white reversible candle, as it "returns to sender". Here is the candle color page.
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html#colour
Best!

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:44 pm

I would dress your plain candle with Fiery Wall of Protection oil or Protection or Guardian Angle oil
HRCC Student #1559

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”