• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:21 pm

Luckymojo content used on a site "with permission"

Please report copyright theft here: Eliminate thieves and help maintain the online spiritual community as a place of trust and respect.

Luckymojo content used on a site "with permission"

Unread postby fauna » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:05 pm

I hope I'm not being hasty, but your name isn't mentioned anywhere.

http://mysticways.wiki.zoho.com/HOODOO- ... MAGIC.html
fauna

Re: Luckymojo content used on a site "with permission"

Unread postby LynneTyson » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:30 pm

author is listed as rickwagnertx
LynneTyson

Unread postby fauna » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:19 pm

It's a wiki and I was tempted to replace all the text with "candles are pretty".
... well they are.
:mrgreen:
fauna

Unread postby fauna » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:34 am

Wow. I had posted a link to your candle page, and he/she/it removed my post, but kept their colorful response. Trash.

I love your letter.
fauna

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:26 pm

I can't believe that this content is still up! Some people will never learn..or change! Good luck getting this woman straight!

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:03 pm

Eleven, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Because the site is a wiki and the public had editing privileges, i changed all the content on the four wiki pages of my authorship to a cheerfully encouraging exhortation for Rick Wagner to "be original" and write his own material, and sent him a letter or two. A day later he reverted the wiki pages so that they once more contained my copyrighted material, left some bad language in the comments, and locked out my editing privileges.

That night i phoned his shop and left a voice mail message saying that i had hoped for an amicable resolution but that he had left me no choice but to sue him.

Today while i was doing a tarot card reading he called and left the message with Angela in the office that he was removing the content and was "very disappointed" with me.

He says i gave him permission to host my stuff in 1998 -- and he may think so, but he is also in error.

This is the text of a comment i left at the site. He may remove it, but, anyway, here it is:

----------

Thanks for removing the material you had posted with my name deleted and without my permission.

You say i gave you permission to host my stuff in 1998 -- and you may be sincere, but you are also in error.

To the best of my recollection, in 1998, as a non-competitor, you asked to copy certain material that i had edited and hosted at my site, which is in the public domain (e.g. "The Ancient's Book of Formulas") and i told you that it had been freely given to me by the transcriber and you had my permission to co-host it, along with my commentary on it, should you wish. I do not claim the text as mine, although my added commentary is mine -- but i gave it to all. I did not ask you to take that down at this time.

As far as i am concerned, you may feel free to reinstate "The Ancient's Book of Formulas" at your wiki. It was never in dispute.

The material you had from my candle page is part of my book, "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice." The fact that you took my name off of it indicates that you were not using it with permission, as i have never in all my years given permission for my writing to be reprinted with my name removed.

The proper form i request is "copyright [date] catherine yronwode, Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Reprinted with permission of the author."

That is a standard copyright release text i give to folks to whom i do give permission to reprint portions of my writing.

Furthermore, i do not give permission to copy my material to my competitors.

In 1998, you did not have a commercial site, for in your own shop publicity text, you claim that you started your shop "8+ years ago" -- that is, in 2002-2003.

I did not give permission to Mystic Ways -- which is in no way connected to my commercial enterprise -- to delete my name from my texts and then host those texts at a competing commercial enterprise.

I would have liked to have resolved this more decently, but you have a temper, which got in the way. Once you call a woman a "bitch," we can be pretty sure things will not end in harmony.

Thank you for deleting my texts from your site.

Good luck in all that you do.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby fauna » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:18 am

No problem. I hope his reaction didn't cause any undue stress. His update is amusing.

So he's known you for over 12 years and sold some of the (expletive used to describe your merchandise) when he owned his own (expletive used to describe his brick and mortar store), but can't spell your name right... or maybe it was a passive-aggressive attempt at disrespect. He has email proof, yet he didn't post it... maybe because it just pertained to The Ancient Book of Formulas... but what do I know, I'm just a (expletive used to describe me) .

IMHO, he should start with some Cast Off Evil work to help him let go of his anger, followed by some Tranquility work and/or Clarity work.
fauna

Unread postby cognitivedissonance » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:02 pm

Why oh why can people sit down, take the time to build a site and hope to be successful at it, but can't learn even the most basic of bibliographic methodology and literary synthesis? I'd say "Blame the schools" but I doubt he's that young and he should know better.
cognitivedissonance

• Advertisement
Southern-Spirits.com

Return to Copyright Theft Reports and Results