Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Male & Female Figural Candles: Adam, Eve, Lady, Man

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
dara1133
Forum Member

Re: Male & Female Figural Candles: Adam, Eve, Lady, Man

Unread post by dara1133 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:10 am

This may be a very silly question but I wanted to ask:

I posted a few weeks ago to clarify whether Cut and Clear or Protection work was best suited to the work I am currently preparing to do (to fully cut contact with a man who has hurt me significantly and try to keep him away from my life). I had wondered whether the work could be combined, but I was advised by the mods who generously replied that two separate spells, one after the other (Cut and Clear followed by Fiery Wall of Protection) was the best option. Since then my plans have stalled a bit as I've been snowed under with work and family responsibilities but I'm now in the process of putting together an order for the items needed for these two spells.

When I was looking at candles, the thought crossed my mind that it might be interesting to use the same figural candles for both spells - so that there would be some symmetry between the spells having the same symbolism since they affect the same individuals.

I know for FWoP it's customary to use a black offertory candle and a white cross candle, and I am from a Christian background so I don't have any discomfort using the cross candle. But would it be possible to do FWoP with a black and white man and lady candle, respectively, as those are the candles I would be using for C&C?

When I was wondering if I could combine the spells I had considered whether I could reuse partially burned figural candles from C&C for FWoP so as to make the FWoP a continuation of the spell, but I was advised not to (because doing so would mean I didn't burn the candles all the way down during C&C, which would make it ineffectual, correct?)

If I stick to tradition and use four different candles for the work, is there anything else I could use to somehow connect the two spells, or is it best to just separate them entirely? And in terms of timing, should I space them or work back-to-back?

If anyone has any thoughts or advice I'd be very grateful! To be clear I am fine with using the traditional candles but I just wondered if it could be done another way and if so, whether it would compromise the work, because I liked the idea of linking the work somehow.

Thanks again! I hope this made sense.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:36 pm

Hello, dara1133 ,

I would not connect the spells or combine them. You can do them back-to-back

But, when we start combining different type spells like this, your chances of success greatly weaken.

And, yes, you can use the same colors with the figural candles.

Wishing you the best

take care

ikja
Forum Member

Unread post by ikja » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:10 pm

Hi all,

I am a little bit sad.

I placed an order at the shop and they are out of nude male and female figures.
I was hoping to start my spells asap.

Now I have a choice between red clothed figures or nothing :( Can I use nude white male and female figures?

Is the inability to get naked candles going to affect my spell?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:07 pm

Hello, ikja ,

yes, you can use white.

White is a neutral color and can be used in lieu of any color.

If you have the white nude candles, use them

And don't be sad, PLEASE!

Take care

ikja
Forum Member

Unread post by ikja » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:36 pm

Thank you Miss Aida :)

Unfortunately, I had no choice but to go for clothed male and female figures for me and the man that I want. Then blue nude figures for the person he is currently seeing and her new potential man :( hopefully dressing them with oils will be enough!

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:09 am

Hello ikja,

If that's all you had, that's all you had. Sometimes we have to make do! Let us know how your work goes.

Take care.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:57 am

Hi to ikja and all --

We are out of some colours of nude candles -- our candle maker retired and we were approached by a new candle maker, to whom we sent our moulds -- but he never made the candles. We got the moulds returned and now are working with a new candle maker, a few candles at a time, so as not to overwhelm him.

Remember, although we all (myself included) love to work with figural candles, they (and the colours they come in) are not the "original" candles of our hoodoo history, dating only from the early 20th century -- and any plain candle can be carved into a rough shape or used plain with a name inscribed into it -- or you can use a lamp.
catherine yronwode

Luckylady123
Forum Member

Unread post by Luckylady123 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:18 pm

Is there a ‘best’ way to load a male figural candle? I always end up breaking the candle bottom when trying to load it.
Ty

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:53 am

Hello Blackcattt0123,

It sounds like you're carving too deep; if you want to load concerns into the bottom, just make a small hollow. Or you don't even have to load them from the bottom at all, you could just dress the outside.

Take care.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

Luckylady123
Forum Member

Unread post by Luckylady123 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:24 pm

Thank you Sister Jean!
I have often wondered if loading is more/less/ powerful than dressing the outside

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:21 am

Blackcatt0123 --

I always do both, because loading a candle is DIFFERENT than inscribing and/or dressing it.

Loading a candle establishes a strong link with the person on whom you are working. Dressing a candle focuses your attention on the work and employs the alliance of herbal fragrances on your desire. These are two different purposes.
catherine yronwode

SillyLily
Forum Member

Unread post by SillyLily » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:47 pm

Hello,

What does "restore Nature" mean?

I am looking to do some candle work to encourage my friend to become my girlfriend. I am trying to decide if I should use a red or pink Eve candle. The red Eve says "to arouse passion in a woman, to restore nature".

What does "restore nature" mean? Thanks!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:56 pm

Hello, SillyLily,

"Nature" is a term that means libido, that is, the capacity for sexual arousal and the performance of a sex act.

A person with low sex drive or who has erectile or orgasmic failure is said to have lost his or her nature.

There are cursing and binding spells that destroy a person's nature or tie a person's nature.

Tying someone's nature renders the person incapable of having sex with anyone except the one who has cast the spell of control.

To restore nature is to remove tying or loss of nature and to restore desire and functionality to the generative organs.
catherine yronwode

SillyLily
Forum Member

Unread post by SillyLily » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:39 pm

Ah, that makes sense! Thank you for the response.

MochaGypsy
Forum Member

Unread post by MochaGypsy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:10 pm

Are break up candle spells appropriate for breaking up a brother and sister who share a house? I'd like my ex husband's sister to move out. She's been trying to replace me as my child's mother - Facebook posts with her photo and implying I'm out of the picture, which is far from true. My ex and her never got along growing up and she was physically abusive to my ex his entire childhood. So, I was surprised when she moved from out of state to help him get joint custody of my toddler during our divorce. They had horrible arguments as adults and can literally boil over at any time.

I've been considering getting a black man/woman candle facing away from each other and dressing it with separation oil.

Thoughts?

jon saint germain
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jon saint germain » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:23 pm

For my clients in this difficult situation I'd recommend Hotfoot, or if she is a bad influence (which sounds like the case) Evil Be Gone. Hope this helps.
Rev Jon Saint Germain
HRCC Grad - BOD AIRR - BOD AISC - Hoodoo Psychics - Crystal Silence League

MochaGypsy
Forum Member

Unread post by MochaGypsy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:18 am

Thank you! Should I dress the Hotfoot with the type of candle I mentioned? Also, I can't find Evil Be Gone -is it available at this store?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:01 am

We do not have Evil Be Gone, but we do make two similar formulas for that, MochaGypsy -- Cast Off Evil or Run Devil Run. Your choice.

I cannot tell if you are considering a divorce candle (naked people on one base, with a taper candle between them) or a pair of man and woman candles (clothed or nude).

I would not use the divorce candle for siblings -- i woud use the man and woman (clothed) and walk them away from one another as a moving candle spell.
catherine yronwode

MochaGypsy
Forum Member

Unread post by MochaGypsy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:44 pm

Would I have to give myself a spiritual bath before/after doing this work? I'm not sure because it's not exactly cursing someone.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:54 am

Pyromancer,

You would want to be cleansed and protected when doing this type of work and you would want to wash it off after doing the work. Even if you do a hand wash after the work and face.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:50 am

MochaGypsy,

I'd like to recap here, if i may:

I do not think a divorce candle is appropriate to break up siblings. I recommend a pair of male and female (lady and gentleman) candles. I would have his be white or pink and hers be black, if possible. I would use separation on both, but dress only the one you want gone with Hot Foot on top of that. I would burn the candles in sections and move them as they burned. I would put a sharp-edged tool between them as they moved away, as shown here:

You do not need the three candles or the specific oils as shown in this picture -- i am using it to explain to you how to use a sharpt tool (in this case scissors) between them.

Hot footing someone ***is*** a curse, even if not a death-curse, so you would do well to prepare your mind with calmness and conviction, do the work carefully,, and then cleanse yourself by recitation of Psalms 51 and a Hyssop tea bath afterward.

HER-HYS-LEAF
Hyssop Leaf
$3.50

Please read this post to understand why we cleanse with Hyssop, and what it means:

hyssop-spirtual-bath-questions-and-answ ... ml#p181371

Good luck
catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”