• Please visit our Occult Sister-Sites
Lucky-Mojo-Hoodoo-Rootwork-Hour-Radio-Show.com

Marie Laveau's Birthday.

Discussions about Lucky Mojo religious supplies, church goods, and altar tools, plus prayers to God, angels, spirits, saints, and deities.

Marie Laveau's love spell

New postby starrdreama » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:55 am

I found a spell to make a love wish on Marie Laveau's tomb.Has anyone tried this,or had any luck with it?
starrdreama

Re: Marie Laveau's love spell

New postby Devi Spring » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:05 am

Well in New Orleans people do several things at Marie Laveau's tomb to leave a petition.

Once is illegal, and that's to draw 3 X's on the tomb and make a wish - that's vandalism, so while there are lots of X's on the tomb from times past, you WILL get in trouble if you do that one and are caught. Plus, I think making a permanent marking on someone's gravesite is very rude and disrespectful. Some people still do this, but do it with chalk so it's not permanent, but there are other ways that don't involve marking on her resting place.

A better way, and the way that I was taught from one of my mentors that lives there and is a Vodou mambo, is to knock 3 times on her tomb (it's the second drawer in that crypt) to get her spirit's attention, and then make your petition. You then leave an offering - flowers, candle, food, pennies, cigarettes, whatever. Some people write their petition on a small piece of paper and tuck it into the cracks in the crypt, under the nameplate, balanced on the ornamental stonework, or anywhere they can get it to stick. If she grants your petition, then come back and leave a larger offering in thanks.

If you're going to gather gravedirt from there, you'll need to scrape it up off the sidewalk right in front of it, or sweep it up from around the tomb since everything is cement there. But make sure you feel an "ok" from her, and then leave 3 pennies.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Marie Laveau's Birthday.

New postby Vera » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:00 pm

I understand, correct me if wrong, that her Birthday is on December 31st.
If true, what candle is to be burnt to celebrate and honor her?
Blessings.
Vera

Re: Marie Laveau's Birthday.

New postby Joseph Magnuson » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:50 pm

I had thought that her birthday was recorded as September 10th...interesting. Not sure what color candle you could use to "represent" Marie Laveau. Perhaps more Voodoo minded folks could help out there?
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

New postby catherineyronwode » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:46 pm

See a white candle burning for her here:

http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/Marie_Laveau
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

New postby Turnsteel » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:58 pm

When your not sure what color candle a spirit prefers, know that a white candle is almost always accepted. You might consider asking the spirit of Marie Laveau what color candle she would prefer. You could ask her and get answers thro a pendulum, if you have the talent to use one. You could even hold the pendulum over different color candles till she tells you what one she likes.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

New postby Vera » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:58 pm

Thank you all for your replies.
Have never used a pendulum in the past and do not have one. Will follow Miss Cat advise by using a white candle (Purity). Shall leave her a cigarette and put some perfume in a bowl next toit.
She might like that :)
Vera

New postby GoddessMojo » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:46 pm

She likes hair accoutrements, mirrors, barrettes, combs, etc. as well. :)
Thank you Saint Martha for hearing my petition and for your ongoing good works for myself and others.
GoddessMojo

New postby Vera » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:02 pm

Thank you GoddessMojo,
Shall give her the items you've mentioned. Does she like cake, bonbons, chocolate??
Never worked with her, but "feel connected"
Whoa, she is going to be spoiled. :D
Blessings.
Vera

New postby Joseph Magnuson » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Yes, Thank you GoddessMojo! I always love reading the things that different people have found are accepted as offerings. Very nice to see this threads responses.
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

New postby Vera » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:20 pm

Been doing a bit of reading on Marie Catherine Laveau, and JM is right about her B-day being September 10th.
For some unknown reasons, a couple of days ago, came upon an article to where it mentioned hers as being Dec 31.
Given that my memory is as good as a hard drive; still was unable to remember or find where I read it; my brains just froze.I interpreted it as a calling, if you will, therefore shall celebrate.
Will not ask her for anything special because my list is too bloody long! Will honor, chat and wish her a Happy Birthday, all in French (since I'm fluent, she will be pleased).
Will have her candle burning in my bedroom since Saint Martha is in the basement, (likes the floor); upper, Saint Expedite in the Living room; Saint Jude and Saint Anthony, in theFamily room (had candles burning on daily basis for years); Marie Leaveau will have to climb one more floor.
Quick question: can I use three candles versus one since there will be plenty of goodies around the candle (s) as in Hoodoo, it has to be 3, 7, or 9 and also can I still continue my daily ritual for Saint Jude and Saint Anthony while hers are on?. Do not wish to upset anyone. :)
Blessings
Vera

New postby GoddessMojo » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:03 pm

I've seen mirrors, combs, ribbons, barrettes, whiskey, cigars, coins, beads, flowers and chocolates left at her tomb here in New Orleans. She was a hairdresser and that's why these things are often offered. I am sure, like any fine woman, Marie Laveau enjoyed the finer things in life and would be most appreciative of anything that would make her feel like a lady or luxurious. As she was a practitioner herself, I can't imagine she'd be upset with your keeping your daily rituals; but I'd just go with what I felt. Hope you two had a grand time. ;)
Thank you Saint Martha for hearing my petition and for your ongoing good works for myself and others.
GoddessMojo

New postby Vera » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:37 pm

GoddessMojo,
Thank you very much for your inputs. Followed your instructions and also found a rose (plastic stems with chocolate petals ;). presume Valentine is around the corner and shops are stocking...
We truly had a good time and enjoyed New Year Eve together.
Hope you had a Blessed and safe New Year. :D
Vera

New postby BlackMoon » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:57 am

Marie Laveau I would light candles and incense in her honor.

I'm afraid of making mistakes,
What color should I choose for the candles?
What are the frangrance she loves (for incense.)
°§* I see the Moon °§*
BlackMoon

New postby MadameSamantha » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:01 am

Marie Laveau, Marie Glapion and her daughter, Marie; were very powerful women in more ways than one. A lot of controversy surrounds these women, one interesting aspect is the demise of their husbands and or male partners who betrayed or vexed them. These men met their demise or disappearances under mysterious conditions yet these women were beyond suspicion. ;)

Most devotees of Marie Laveau will use a Blue Candle to petition her. Hairdressing items are often given as an offering as well as anything Catholic related, (They were all devote Catholics), champagne, perfume, flowers and of course anything dealing with the occult. Marie Laveau's actual birth record may have been tampered with as well as Marie II and the last Marie.

Marie Laveau is said to be located in Saint Louis Cemetery #1 in New Orleans in the Glapion family crypt. However, there is proof this is not where her remains lie. In any case the reputed tomb in Saint Louis Cemetery #1 still holds a lot of power due to so many people who have for so long petitioned Marie Laveau there.
MadameSamantha

New postby Joseph Magnuson » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:34 am

Thank you for sharing your post with us, Madame Samantha. I am sure all of our Laveau fans will be happy to read that!
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

New postby emu81684 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:17 am

Hello All!

I've been wanting to set up a small alter for Miss Laveau in my house since I won't get to visit her grave anytime soon (or ever maybe I don't know) and I'd like to ask her for help. If I ever get to visit, I'll definitely leave flowers for her out of respect, but I only have a vague outline of what to do at home. Most of the things I've read have been in regards to actually visiting her tomb, so any advice would be great.

I plan on using my dresser's top. It's high enough the animals won't mess with anything or risk setting themselves on fire from the candles I plan to light. I am going to print out a picture of her, not one of her tomb like I've seen some people say to do, write her a petition with my request and offer her some whiskey, dried flowers, I'm thinking about setting up my favorite mirror there too if I can find it, my favorite hair clip and some coins. I want to light a candle and pray to her once a day for a week then of course dispose of everything respectfully. (Or maybe even leave it, I don't know. Make it a semi-permanent alter)

I've never really constructed a proper alter before, saint or otherwise, so any advice, confirmation, criticism is most welcomed. Thank you!
emu81684

New postby Miss Aida » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:28 am

Good Morning, emu81684,
Sounds like you're doing a great job so far!
Just go to the upper right hand corner of this thread. In the dark green area, there's a white box. Type the word: "Altars" and you will get numerous ideas from that thread.
The bottom line is that you look at what everybody has to say. Then, do what feels right to you. Spirit will guide you in what to do as it will DEFINITELY feel good and feel right.
Hope this helps.
Take care
You can find me on Hoodoo Psychics!!
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! Hoodoo Psychics
Miss Aida

• Please visit our Occult Sister-Sites
Lucky-Mojo-Hoodoo-Rootwork-Hour-Radio-Show.com

Return to Religious Goods and Altar Tools in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure