Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

MISC How To Leave Tips for MISC Candle Setters

Learn about the church's prayer services and candle services, and offer testimonials regarding the church's spiritual outreach ministry.
Africanqueen

MISC How To Leave Tips for MISC Candle Setters

Unread post by Africanqueen » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:22 am

i have been a lucky mojo faithfull user. i have received reading from cat. i have set candles at MISC and received candle readings too from far back i was just thinking.

can i offer money gifts to who ever reads my candle and the results turn out to be good am just to show appreciation?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Can I Offer Tips to MISC Candle Setters?

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:29 am

Yes, tips are gladly accepted by the candle setters. It is very nice of you to offer.
catherine yronwode

freegirl

Re: Can i offer Tips?

Unread post by freegirl » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:39 am

I've been forgetting to do that, because there isn't a place for it on the online order and it automatically calculates! I hope you can get a place put in. MISC is the best!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:51 am

That's appropriate. I would like a link to see how it can be done. I know there is a donations link at the church web site, but it is for all of MISC, not just the candle setters by name.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:52 am

where is the link? If it were on the order form I would remember it! :)

Mother Katrina
Forum Member

Unread post by Mother Katrina » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:26 pm

The candle setters would greatly appreciate any form of gratitude, whether that comes in the way of a simple thank you, a call letting us know how your work is going, or a monetary tip.

In the future we will have a button that will allow you to include a tip when ordering candles on the Missionary Independent Spiritual Church's website. For the time being, if you would like to leave a tip, you may do this by stating so in the message area when checking out.

You can leave the tip for a specific candle setter or for "whoever will be lighting the candle."

Please find all the candles we offer at http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandleservices.html.

Thanks to all candle clients. I truly enjoy the work I do and am glad to be of service.
Mother Katrina
Missionary Independent Spiritual Church

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:35 am

Greetings All,

Since Mother Katrina's post about tips, we've had quite a few questions here at the church about what is an appropriate tip amount to leave the for the candle setters. As candle setters, we are offering you, our clients, a service and just like any other service industry, tipping isn't required, but it is appreciated. The other word for tipping is gratuity and it is a way to show your appreciation for the work that is being done on your behalf.

I consider leaving gratuity for candle services the same as it would be for a massage therapist, a hair dresser, or even a waitress. A tip of any amount is appreciated and a tip from 10% to 20% is customary. As Mother Katrina mentioned, you can leave a tip for a specific candle setter or the candle setter that will be lighting the candle. This can be notated in the message area of your order, until the new system (button) is ready.

Again, thank you to all the candle clients.
Miss Phoenix
MissionaryIndependent.org/readings.html
Hoodoo Psychics: 1-888-4-HOODOO

coastwitch
Forum Member

Unread post by coastwitch » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:15 pm

In the new Paypal version of the MISC Candle Services page (which, by the way, I like a lot), there is no place to leave tips like there used to be. If I want to tip my candle server, how do I do it now?
coastwitch

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:17 pm

I like the new Paypal system too, and it now proves an easy way to leave tips. :-)

Thanks to nagasiva and Richard Ross for adding the tips button! You can leave a general tip to be divided up by everyone who handles the candles (invoicer, labeller, dresser, lighter, reader) -- just use the message area of the order to do so.
catherine yronwode

Rev Ernest
Forum Moderator
Re: MISC How To Leave Tips for MISC Candle Setters

Unread post by Rev Ernest » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:38 pm

Those who leave tips for candle servers may like to know how we allocate them:

There are basically three jobs associated with candle services:

1) Office Services: order entry, client records, petitions, photos from email, payments, emergency lights, phone calls.

2) Candle Services: labeling, dressing, lighting, and re-lighting candles; finished candles; cleaning altars, emergency lights, phone calls.

3) Reading Services: divining the outcome of candle burns, sending emails, Forum posts, phone calls, emergency lights, phone calls.

All three types of jobs are essential, but it is rare that one person will do all three types of work for a single setting of lights. Therefore, when tips are offered, we throw them into the kitty -- like waitresses do at many restaurants -- and then at the end of the week, the total tips are divided based on the number of people working on candle services in that week, andn the number of candle deacon job-steps each person has performed that week.

It sounds a lot more complicated than it is -- because Leslie Lowell does the math for us and we don't have to try to figure it out ourselves. :-)

Blessings to all, and a Happy Jewish New Year.

------

Here is how to contact MISC:

Order candles here with Paypal and upload your petitions at the same time:
http://CandleMinistry.com

If you wish photos attached to your candles, email photos here:
photos@missionaryindependent.org

If you wish to communicate with a candle-server about your service, email the deacons here:
candles@missionaryindependent.org

For all other church communications, email pastors here:
church@missionaryindependent.org

Telephone for direct information:
707-887-7808

Church hours:
http://www.missionaryindependent.org/services.html

Frequently Asked Questions about Missionary Independent Spiritual Church Services
post133204.html#p133204

See How We Set Lights at Missionary Independent Spiritual Church
http://missionaryindependent.org/candle ... goods.html

Click here for Candle Ministry Services at Missionary Independent Spiritual Church

Join the World-Wide Prayer Network at The Crystal Silence League

Best of luck to you and I look forward to being of service.
Rev. Ernest, MISC Deacon -- Facebook Fridays! Sweepstakes Admin -- Online Catalogue Team at LMCCo

michi-griff
Forum Member

Unread post by michi-griff » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:34 am

Hi. I tried to leave a tip using the TIPS button. It did not work. PayPal's error message said to please try again later. YET, I was able to leave a general donation for the church, so I don't understand why I wasn't able to leave a tip. I replied to an email I was sent, however, I don't know if that inbox is monitored. Please let me know if it's me or if there's something amiss. Thanks! Kindest regards.
Evolving to my best self! Cultivating the Hoodoo way of thinking, always looking for knowledge!

Rev Ernest
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Rev Ernest » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:25 am

Uh-oh!

Thanks for the notification, michi-griff!

As soon as I post the Facebook Fridays! giveaway notice for today (four copies of the book "North Asian Magic" by David Borji Shi plus a package ofTaoist Hell Bank Notes), I will put on my web-team hat and get together with Nagasiva to test that out and see if the problem is in our software or at Paypal.

I really appreciate the help from all you Forum members. Thanks.
Rev. Ernest, MISC Deacon -- Facebook Fridays! Sweepstakes Admin -- Online Catalogue Team at LMCCo

nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread post by nagasiva » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:29 pm

I puzzled on it intermittently through the day and had to re-build the button, got the code, and i think it now works!! My tests were successful, let me know if something seems amiss!! Thanks for your feedback!!
nagasiva yronwode
https://www.facebook.com/nagasiva.yronwode
forum@luckymojo.com (Forum Tech Help)

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Missionary Independent Spiritual Church”