• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:45 am

Mojo Bag, Conjure Hand, Toby, Gri-Gri Questions & Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo conjure hands, mojo bags, nation sacks, trick bags, tobies, jomos, spell packets, Jack balls, and dolls.

Mojo Bag, Conjure Hand, Toby, Gri-Gri Questions & Answers

Unread postby marcoa » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:26 am

Hello!

Certain mojo bags are made from chamois, but most are made of flannel cloth. Is this a preference based on the rootworker or does chamois hold it's own power for certain spells? Are the two interchangeable?

I've only ever used flannel as a medium but I'm curious as to know why chamois is used.

Thanks! :D

Marcoa
marcoa

Re: Chamois vs. Flannel

Unread postby EcleckticMama » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:50 am

To start from a strictly non-magical viewpoint of the textiles, flannel is cotton while chamois is a leather product. Both are very absorbent and soft so both accept dressing oils well and would be soft worn/carried on the body. As a leather product, properly cared for it may resist decay and wear much better than cotton. Flannel is much more readily available in a variety of colors.

Miss Cat says this about leather for mojo bags in general:

Leather bags are also seen, but far less frequently than flannel; they are associated with West Indian obeah, another form of folk magic closely related to African-American hoodoo.
EcleckticMama

How Long Before a Mojo Works?

Unread postby Malefic » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:11 pm

With candle spells and the like I notice it might be a month, and powder spells applied right to the target often work the same day. How long should one expect before a mojo starts to work; and how long before one can decide it's a dud?
Malefic

Re: How Long Before a Mojo Works?

Unread postby PractitionerSonia » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:40 pm

A good rule of thumb is to observe the law of three--like three days, three weeks, three months. If a spell still has not been effective passed the three month mark, then either re-do it, or come up with something else. -Sonia
PractitionerSonia

Laying the Trick and Not Looking Back for a Mojo?

Unread postby snake » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:33 pm

Is there ever a situation where one should "lay the trick and don't look back" when using a mojo hand? Is it always necessary to feed the hand to keep the magic working?
snake

Re: Laying the Trick and Not Looking Back for a Mojo?

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:53 pm

Leather bags do last longer than cloth ones, but they simply are not as common. Muslin tobacco sacks are used as well as flannel, but, again, are less ommon. The cloth need not be sewn in the form of a drawstring pouch -- it can be a square that is wrapped around a ball-shaped bunch of stuff and tied with a string around the "neck.".

Laying a trick is not the same as making a mojo hand.

A trick, almost by definition, is work done to influence the life of another person. Laying your trick generally consists of performing a job of work that is physically prepared and then placed or deployed somewhere.

A mojo is generally made for the improvement of one's own life, with or without reference to other people. It is usually carried on the person. It may be called a trick or tricker bag, but one does not "lay" it. Mojos must be fed to keep them alive and working.

Read more about laying tricks on this "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" page:

http://luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Read more about mojo hands on this "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" page:

http://luckymojo.com/mojo.html
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: Laying the Trick and Not Looking Back for a Mojo?

Unread postby snake » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:53 pm

Thank you so much! That makes a lot of sense. I guess I was taking "trick" to mean all types of spells including mojo bags.
snake

Re: How Long Before a Mojo Works?

Unread postby PractitionerSonia » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Another good technique is to do a divination--first to see whether or not you'll get results, and also for the progress of the spell. -Sonia
PractitionerSonia

Re: Signs and Treatment of a Mojo

Unread postby Lukianos » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:17 pm

Hi--
To use a pendulum to assess the condition of your mojo hand, first establish "yes", "no", and "undefined/maybe/can't answer now" responses with the pendulum. Then, ask the pendulum a series of yes/no questions regarding the state of your mojo hand. In divination with yes/no methods, I tend to bias my opening questions in a positive direction--for example, asking at the start "is my mojo in fine shape, doing its work?" as opposed to "is my mojo ruined?" If problems are indicated, I would then ask questions to clarify the nature of the problem and appropriate steps to take, starting with small, routine things and working up to larger, more labor intensive things. If the pendulum indicates that the mojo is not in fine condition, doing its work, the next question would be "Can my mojo be returned to full function by feeding and/or smoking it?" If yes, then feed the mojo and check in to make sure that all is well. If no to feeding/smoking as sufficient, only then I would turn to questions along the lines of "can this mojo be salvaged?" or "should I re-make this mojo hand?".

Hope this helps!
Lukianos

"Triple Strength" Gambling Mojo

Unread postby Turnsteel » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:14 pm

I was told how to make this by an old man from Mississippi that briefly lived next door to me. He called it a "triple hand mojo". I knew that hand and mojo were rather interchangable especialy in recfernce to gambling mojos but i had never heard of one with both in the name. That little mystery was solved when he told me what when into it.

Into a red flannel bag add the following:

One human finger bone
One Lucky hand root
One pinch of five finger grass

That was, he said the simple one. if you wanted more power he said to add the following:

One Alligator tooth
One High John the Conqueror root
Magnetic sand
A bit of dragons blood resin.

Feed the bag every Saturday with good whiskey.

I made one for myself and while I don't win every game I seldom go home with less then I came with.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Re: "Triple Strength" Gambling Mojo

Unread postby Literarylioness » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:27 pm

HailDiscordia / Turnsteel,

Believe it or not, that is a pretty standard recipe.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby Turnsteel » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:36 pm

Really? huh, struck me as kinda odd but then I've never been much for gambling.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby Literarylioness » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:39 pm

You know, to make another variation, for more money power, you could put in a whole nutmeg and a cinnamon stick.

Just a thought...

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby Turnsteel » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:47 pm

I'll keep that in mind,I don't use it very often but a friend of mine has been asking me to make one for her.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby Literarylioness » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:55 pm

If you do make a gambling mojo for your friend, try to keep to seven ingredients. That is no hard fast rule, but the number 7 is nice for gambling.

Mary
Literarylioness

Re: Mojo bags

Unread postby Chris » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:27 pm

Thank you..
I have uncrossing oil coming..
Wonder could I feed my king solomon bag with uncrossing oil and any other oil, to cleanse it or give it some money drawing oil?
Chris

Unread postby Miss Bri » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:33 pm

Chris wrote:Thank you..
I have uncrossing oil coming..
Wonder could I feed my king solomon bag with uncrossing oil and any other oil, to cleanse it or give it some money drawing oil?

You can certainly feed your mojo bag a combination of oils that are appropriate to its specific condition, but that also help "tweak" its purposes.
Feeding a King Solomon bag a mixture of say: King Solomon, Crown of Success, and Money Drawing oils would be appropriate. I think it makes sense as long as you remember that your mojo bag's primary area of working for you has to do with wisdom since it is a King Solomon bag. In other words, you can't expect it to bring you tons of gambling luck.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Chris » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:46 pm

Sorry I just have tons of questions Thank u all for helping me love this Forum great idea...You can ask ur bag if it needs feeding?nice..
Chris

Unread postby Lukianos » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:58 pm

Hi Chris,

Chris wrote:Sorry I just have tons of questions Thank u all for helping me love this Forum great idea...You can ask ur bag if it needs feeding?nice..

Well, you should be talking to it anyway, now and again, if only to let it know what you want it to do / help you with. Never hurts to listen to what it has to say in return.
Lukianos

Re: Mojo Bag Ate My Herbs????

Unread postby Lukianos » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:54 pm

snake wrote:I was keeping the mojo bag in an old coffee can with my cash savings, like my father used to do, and there was no sign of the herbs anywhere. I turned the bag inside out and shook it. It was sort of a loose weave muslin, but the herbs must have gone somewhere. I'm just sort of shocked and confused. I can't imagine that anyone would have touched it or opened it.

Did you look a the bottom of the coffee can / on the cash the bag was kept alongside? If the muslin bag was of the loose-weave / tea bag / tobacco sack variety and the herbs were fairly fine to begin with, they may have migrated through the material of the bag itself over time, even if the bag remained tightly tied. Soft herbs do tend to break down and adsorb into the material of a mojo bag with time and constant exposure to larger, harder components of the hand. If the bag is thick and tight-woven, you may find them as a fine powder on the inside of the bag if you turn it inside out (as Bri suggested). If the bag is loose-woven, however, you may not find anything left in the bag at all, except the more resiliant components. Either way, it may be time to refresh and remake the hand.
Lukianos

Unread postby Editrix » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:57 am

Out of curiosity, what's the connection between gambling and the number seven? I've ordered a bunch of ingredients to make gambling mojos for several different people, but I don't gamble myself, so this is helpful information.
Editrix

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:15 pm

Editrix,

Seven has long roots of connection back to the "Seven Sacred Planets" of Chaldean astrology, which is why we have seven days in our weeks. Seven and Eleven are also winning numbers in the dice game called Craps, Shooting Dice, or Back Alley Dice. This game, in which the players kneel on the ground to shoot the dice, has historically been so popular among Black American gamblers that at one time it was teasinglingly known as "African Golf."

That's him on his knees; I know that's him,
Yelling, "Seven come eleven," down in the boys' gym

Look it up on google or you tube -- try a you tube search on "shooting dice.".
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Feeding a Mojo

Unread postby yooster976 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:47 pm

Hi all

I havent really had any interest in making a mojo before
but after reading some of the posts on this forum i may
give it a go sometime.

I was wondering about how a mojo is fed, would you open
the mojo and feed the contents inside with oils, whiskey
or whatever or do you feed your bag from the outside
by only feeding the mojo bag, thanks.

Brian
yooster976

Re: Feeding a Mojo

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:43 pm

It is customary to feed the hand by dressing the outside with a liquid -- whiskey, Hoyt's Cologne, or a condition oil. The mojo hands we make and sell through the shop are supplied with a sample dram bottle of appropriate dressing oil.

Read more about mojo hands in "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" here:
http://luckymojo.com/mojo.html
and here
http://luckymojo.com/jomo.html
and here
http://luckymojo.com/nationsack.html

It is the general practice to feed your mojo once a week. Some gamblers feed the mojo at more or less hourly intervals while they are actively gaming.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:03 pm

Um, I have a question,when lodestones are used in say a love drawing mojo should I or can I feel those lodestones with magnetic sand at some point after the mojo is fixed? Maybe when I feed it the oils? I've heard that the lodestones have to be fed magnetic sand periodically, then I hear that no, if their in a mojo they don't need more then a sprinkle when the bag gets tied. Usually i just go with my gut instinct when I'm not sure but that's not really helping lol.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby Miss Bri » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:18 pm

It's a good question. I have a mojo with a lodestone that gets taken out, washed down with whisey and then fed with magnetic sand once a year and then put back into the bag until next year. She gets her feeding once a year with the sand and then the rest of the time the entire bag is fed with condition oils and hoyt's cologne, and occasionally double luck perfume. So far she works for me quite well, but I am interested to know what the tradition is on this one.

Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:52 pm

It is as Bri says -- the mojo hand is typically re-made once a year, and that is when the Lodestones are fed with Magnetic Sand. The rest of the time, the bag is fed as a whole, once a week.

This is different than how we treat Lodestones on an altar, which are fed on their own, more frequently.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:12 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:
It is as Bri says -- the mojo hamd is typically re-made once a year, and that is when the Lodestones are fed with Magnetic Sand. The rest of the time, the bag is fed as a whole, once a week.

This is different than how we treat Lodestones on an altar, which are fed on their own, more frequently.

Cool, I know one on an altar gets fed more often. I just got a lavender love mojo from you guys and was just curious, thank you for taking the time to answer my question :D
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby theusurper » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:31 pm

i have a red mojo bag with some stuff from LM, i have queen E and J the C roots and the dimes and anothers stuff. i have the bag for about one moth, and i'm still waiting for the results. my question is what i need to do with the bag. i carrie the bag in my purse.also i put some follow me boy sachet and oil and the picture and hair of the victim. is something wrong that i did it? i got the spell from this side. thank you. oh, i'm loyal customer to LM
theusurper

Unread postby Literarylioness » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:49 pm

theusurper wrote:i have a red mojo bag with some stuff from LM, i have queen E and J the C roots and the dimes and anothers stuff. i have the bag for about one moth, and i'm still waiting for the results. my question is what i need to do with the bag. i carrie the bag in my purse.also i put some follow me boy sachet and oil and the picture and hair of the victim. is something wrong that i did it? i got the spell from this side. thank you. oh, i'm loyal customer to LM

You keep the bag and feed it once a week per the directions given.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby Turnsteel » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:52 pm

theusurper wrote:i have a red mojo bag with some stuff from LM, i have queen E and J the C roots and the dimes and anothers stuff. i have the bag for about one moth, and i'm still waiting for the results. my question is what i need to do with the bag. i carrie the bag in my purse.also i put some follow me boy sachet and oil and the picture and hair of the victim. is something wrong that i did it? i got the spell from this side. thank you. oh, i'm loyal customer to LM

Has anyone seen or touched your mojo? That's a sure fire way to kill it.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby theusurper » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:04 pm

i hope not, but if anyone did it, what i can do to restart
theusurper

Unread postby Sharona22 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:32 pm

I am gonna use the reference Cat led me too on her website at LM it is specific to bingo but I heard it really works I may add or subtract a few things to make sure I have seven if not I will do as it and make seperate mojo hand I have about 4 things I am already preparing to do and since I am novice and I do not want to overwhelm my intent I will wait till these are finished first.
Sharona22

Storing Your Mojo Overnight

Unread postby carolina_dean » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:35 pm

I've always heard that you should carry your mojo with you by day, and sleep with it under your pillow at night. Not being a morning person at all, I often left the house with my mojo still under my pillow. So one day I had this idea and it works for me. At night, I place my mojo bag in my shoe. Not all the way down in the toe, but just at the heel. The next morning when I go to put on my shoes, I see the mojo and put it in my pocket. I know some people may think that it's disrespectful toward the mojo, but I've never gotten that feeling or anything. Ofcourse, no one's ever placed me in a shoe either.....lol

Also, some of the oil you put on the mojo will inevitably rub off on the sole of your shoe, which will rub off on your foot when you put your shoe on and give you a little anointing of your own.

carolina dean
Carolina Dean
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate # 56G
carolina_dean
Forum Moderator

Unread postby acep hale » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:27 am

Dice is still a popular game in my neighborhood (Chinatown). It's usually played in a doorway so it blocks the view of cops going by in their cars. Ce-lo is the most popular, which uses three dice, but craps still gets played quite a bit because outsiders know what that game is, allowing the regulars to make side bets which is where you'll really get fleeced.
acep hale

Re: Storing Your Mojo Overnight

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:21 pm

I hace also heard folks say that they put their mojo in their bureau drawer while not carrying it.

When i am on the road, i alays put my glasses in my shoe as well -- they are never hard to find that way! LOL.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby carolina_dean » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:29 am

When i am on the road, i alays put my glasses in my shoe as well -- they are never hard to find that way! LOL.

That's a great idea too, can't tell you how many times I've thrown my glasses on the bed while changing clothes then spent ten minutes trying to find them again....lol

dean
Carolina Dean
carolina_dean
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Trickster » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:54 pm

When I sleep w/ a mojo under my pillow I tend to knock it off durring the night.

I learned to actually put it in my pillow, i.e. slipping in in my pillow case.

You can also put it under your mattress.

As far as putting it away, I wrap mine in a hankerchief and put in my dresser.
Trickster

Unread postby carolina_dean » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:42 pm

Those are all great suggestions! However, if you're not a morning person you're liable to walk out of the house and leave your mojo under your pillow/mattress or in a drawer when you leave for the day.

That's not to say that after having it for a while, it won't work for you long distance. Most mojo bags contain at least a written petition and/or a personal object indicating what it is supposed to do and who it is supposed to do it for. Many of us actually have several mojo bags for various purpose and it would look rather odd to fill up our pockets and purses with all these little bags. Add these to the 'necessities' we carry in the modern world (cell phone, ipod, bagged lunch, laptops, etc...) we'd be all weighed down...lol.

carolina dean
Carolina Dean
carolina_dean
Forum Moderator

To Cat-- That Darn Flannel

Unread postby carolina_dean » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:56 pm

Cat,

I wanted to send this to you as a personal message, but it seems that you're profile doesn't allow for that, so I'm hoping that you will see this post.

After my initial question in another thread I mentioned that I've used felt to make mojo bags in the past. This morning I went to the laundromat to do my clothes and of course the dam machine stole my money. I had to run up to the ATM at a retailer that happens to have a craft section. I walked back there and the saleslady was nice enough to dig through her wares and get me a yard of red flannel. After getting the house clean this afternoon and settling down to get creative, I took out the flannel and sewed a mojo bag out of the flannel.

I just want to say that I am SO happy with the results! The bag looks and feels so much more authentic and from now on I'll never use felt to make a mojo bag again.

carolina dean
Carolina Dean
carolina_dean
Forum Moderator

Re: To Cat-- That Darn Flannel

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:59 pm

Hooray! Thanks for telling me how this turned out. I love success stories.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

The prep for mojo bags

Unread postby Chris » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:54 pm

Do I have to get a 2 dollar bill and my other one do I have to get a coin with my birthdate on it?.. I ask this because I already did everything and put my wish in it and close it up , I didn't put the bill and coin inside? Will my bags work with out it?
Chris

Re: The prep for mojo bags

Unread postby Lara » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am

I strongly encourage you to get those two items and add them. Both the 2 dollar bill and the coin are important. You can open the bag up, add the two items, redress it with oil and close it back up.
Lara
Lara

Can A Person Make More Than One Request From The Same Mojo?

Unread postby maduro01 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:55 am

For example, if I make a request and ask the mojo to send a particular person for me and then I change my mind to send another person. Is that possible?
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!
maduro01

Re: Can A Person Make More Than One Request From The Same Mojo?

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:04 am

Your mojo is a personal item. There is no one way that folks treat their mojos. However, unless your mojo hand is a Nation Sack type bag

http://luckymojo.com/nationsack.html

then it will probably have been made and dressed for a specific condition and would best be re-made for a different condition.

You can use and re-dedicate some of the things in the bag, but, for instance, if i had made a bag for love and put into it two lodestone grits that were dedicated in two names (mine and my lover's) and i changed my mind, i would bury those two Lodestone grits, just the same as burying that love affair, and i would start over with two new lodesrtone grits that i dedicated to myself and my new lover.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: Can A Person Make More Than One Request From The Same Mojo?

Unread postby maduro01 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:06 am

That makes sense.

Thank you. :))
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!
maduro01

Bra Wire Broke Around Mojo Bag

Unread postby 213 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:19 pm

Just a bit of background: I’ve had several readings over my lifetime and each reader has told me that I’ve got many Native American spirits around me. I do have Native American ancestors, so I decided to petition them for guidance and help. I made a mojo bag two weeks ago. I put rosemary, a mercury dime, vetivert, thyme, sage, a natural point of amethyst, star anise, lavender, Elizabeth root, fenugreek, flaxseed, a natural point of crystal quarts (one end clear and the other end cloudy), and a piece of high john the conqueror root in a cream-colored mojo bag. I dressed it with lucky mojo’s Indian spirit guide oil and have been wearing it in my bra beneath my breast. I’m using it in conjunction with a white candle, also dressed in the Indian spirit guide oil, that is set on an alter with a thing of tobacco and a thing of vodka. I’ve fed it once since its been made.

Yesterday @ the gym: I’m going at it on the treadmill with I feel the bra shift. Suddenly I have this stabbing pain beneath the breast where I carry the mojo bag. I feel under my clothes and the underwire is poking through. When I get home, I find that the wire is broken in two. I’ve had underwires fail before but there were none of the usual ‘stress’ symptoms present. There was no twisted or jagged edge, it was a clean break. No rust, no nothing.

Any interpretations on this? The only unexplainable thing that has happened today is that on of my good friends/co-workers up and announced (in a very terse email) that she wanted to take a break from our friendship.

eta: My petition simply lists my life goals and that I want to be happy.

Re: Bra Wire Broke Around Mojo Bag

Unread postby Turnsteel » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:32 pm

Might just be random ya know? Bit of Chaos in action :). I can't think of any interpretations of that event that make any sense.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby Miss Bri » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:45 pm

When things like this happen you have to decide if it feels like coincidence to you or if it feels like something more. If I am having trouble figuring that out then I will do a divination or ask someone to do one for me.

By what you have said it sounds to be like you have experience two breaks--one physical, the underwire of your bra snapping in two and the other emotional/social--the break in the friendship. It sounds to me like you are also trying to repair or address a "break" of the metaphysical variety between yourself and your NA ancestry. Petitioning our ancestors is good, but they will start talking back. Its up to you to figure out how to listen.

If it were me and I felt like there was some more than usual significance to the events I would take a cleansing bath and I would create an altar for my NA ancestors and leave them appropriate offerings. When you start working with ancestral spirits you also have to begin honoring them, its a two way relationship.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Literarylioness » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:04 pm

213 wrote:Just a bit of background: I’ve had several readings over my lifetime and each reader has told me that I’ve got many Native American spirits around me. I do have Native American ancestors, so I decided to petition them for guidance and help. I made a mojo bag two weeks ago. I put rosemary, a mercury dime, vetivert, thyme, sage, a natural point of amethyst, star anise, lavender, Elizabeth root, fenugreek, flaxseed, a natural point of crystal quarts (one end clear and the other end cloudy), and a piece of high john the conqueror root in a cream-colored mojo bag. I dressed it with lucky mojo’s Indian spirit guide oil and have been wearing it in my bra beneath my breast. I’m using it in conjunction with a white candle, also dressed in the Indian spirit guide oil, that is set on an alter with a thing of tobacco and a thing of vodka. I’ve fed it once since its been made.

Yesterday @ the gym: I’m going at it on the treadmill with I feel the bra shift. Suddenly I have this stabbing pain beneath the breast where I carry the mojo bag. I feel under my clothes and the underwire is poking through. When I get home, I find that the wire is broken in two. I’ve had underwires fail before but there were none of the usual ‘stress’ symptoms present. There was no twisted or jagged edge, it was a clean break. No rust, no nothing.

Any interpretations on this? The only unexplainable thing that has happened today is that on of my good friends/co-workers up and announced (in a very terse email) that she wanted to take a break from our friendship.

eta: My petition simply lists my life goals and that I want to be happy.

I would interpret it as predicting the break with your friend. Usually Ancestors protect us, so the break might be in your best interests. That is how I would look at it.

Only you can interpret what your ancestors are saying to you.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby 213 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:37 am

Thank you Bri. I am used to a more subtle response when I petition for help. I think the oil amplified both the response and the response time a great deal. I set up the altar as I have in the past and am happy to report a clean burn on the glass encased vigil candle.

Thank you, Literarylioness. As of the date I first posted my query, I too believed that it symbolized a break in the friendship. Since then, she has called me back and explained her behavior (something totally unrelated to me) and we are friends again. However, there is a difference in our friendship and in my interactions with others as a whole. I'm usually the background person. Not downtrodden or left-out, but far too easy going and apparently taken for granted. Now I find myself thrust to the forefront both at work and in my social life. People want my opinions and want to be part of whatever it is I'm doing (hence my lateness in responding!).

Thank you, Jordan, but if I believed that everything was random and chaotic, I wouldn't bother with hoodoo and rootwork. I would simply sit back and keep letting life 'happen' to me.

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:46 am

213 wrote:
Thank you, Jordan, but if I believed that everything was random and chaotic, I wouldn't bother with hoodoo and rootwork. I would simply sit back and keep letting life 'happen' to me.

Oh dear. I had hoped not to give the wrong impression. I don't think everything is chaotic I just couldn't think of an interpretation that makes sense. Its probably because I'm not too quick to think of supernatural reasons for something, and I'm a little oblivious sometimes :oops:
Sorry about that. :?
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Adding Items to Mojo Bag and Feeding It

Unread postby Sharona22 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:12 pm

After doing spell getting mojo bag, I plan on dressing it every week. Is that the norm?

Can you add things to the mojo after finished, and if so how do you do it?

Can you dress it with oil and sachet?

Can you dress your self by annointing your forehead and or adding sachet on a regular basis till you start getting results?

Sorry so many questions,just want to do it right. I got the prayer from the heart right so I am hoping that this is most of what will help with the results.
Sharona22

Re: Adding Items to Mojo Bag and Feeding It

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:17 pm

After doing spell getting mojo bag, I plan on dressing it every week. Is that the norm?

Yes, sressing it weekly is the norm.

Can you add things to the mojo after finished, and if so how do you do it?

If you made the mojo yourself, you will understand that adding things (except to a Nation Sack, which is a particular type of mojo) will require you ti untie it, pray over what is added, re-dedicate the bag, re-smoke or warm or breathe into it, re-tire it, and re-pray over it. Most people don't ddo that, but you have the option, if you wish to do so.

Can you dress it with oil and sachet?

Mojo hands are only fed with liquids, not with powders. Some folks include powders inside them, however. The powders will sift out through the cloth fibers and may perfume the wearer's bosom.

Can you dress your self by annointing your forehead and or adding sachet on a regular basis till you start getting results?

Better than re-opening the mojo to add powders would be to dress your own hands or forehead with the oil and to dust yourself with the powder, or blow the powder very lightly over th area where you will be working.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

mojo bag help

Unread postby Chris » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:26 pm

Hi, I just got my 2 dollar bill for my mojo bag and I was suppose to get a coin with my birthdate on it.. Question, I so happend to look at my changes and found one but its a penny, could I still use it?
Chris

Re: mojo bag help

Unread postby Literarylioness » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:01 pm

Chris wrote:Hi, I just got my 2 dollar bill for my mojo bag and I was suppose to get a coin with my birthdate on it.. Question, I so happend to look at my changes and found one but its a penny, could I still use it?

That is fine.

Mary
Literarylioness

Traveling with Mojo Bags

Unread postby Haveinmind » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:46 am

With the increased security in Airports, I wanted to know if anyone has ever had a problem with Mojo bags when carried in your luggage or on your person? I'm just wondering if I do travel, how can I ensure security would not touch or make me open the bag..Thanks.
Haveinmind

Re: Traveling with Mojo Bags

Unread postby theusurper » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:51 am

just put it in a plastic bag like ziploc
theusurper

Re: Traveling with Mojo Bags

Unread postby J Simulcik » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:03 am

If your mojo doesn't have any metal, you can leave it in your pocket. Otherwise, I'd put it in your carry-on for the process of checking in, and then get it back out once you're through.
J Simulcik

Re: Adding Items to Mojo Bag and Feeding It

Unread postby Sharona22 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:38 am

Thanks for the info this is what I will do.
Sharona22

Next

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to Mojo Hands, Conjure Bags, Jack Balls, and Doll Babies in Hoodoo