Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Mojo Bag, Conjure Hand, Toby, Gree-Gree Questions & Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo conjure hands, mojo bags, nation sacks, trick bags, tobies, jomos, spell packets, Jack balls, and dolls.
Miss_Liz

Re: Mojo Bag, Conjure Hand, Toby, Gree-Gree Questions & Answers

Unread post by Miss_Liz » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:28 pm

I just mean as a defense against my toddler who digs around in my pockets, I don't just leave it lying around or letting others touch it, it's just so if he touches it before I get him out of my pockets, it's still ok. I doubt a toddler has the ability to think about what it is to the extent you're talking about. I do get where you're coming from through and would like to hear what some of the more experienced posters have to say on the matter.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:38 pm

my post was more towards the orignal poster not you, my apologies if offence was taken. My experience is any touch kills the mojo. sight not always but it can cause issues with it. I take the stands to hide em away if not in use, there really is no reason I have em out if Im not using it, but thats me. good luck
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

Negi Springfield

Unread post by Negi Springfield » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:36 pm

Yeap that is why I wanted a bag in the bag. I hide it in my pocket and if someone digs in the pocket they wont "Kill" the hand also if it is hidden safely in another bag it can be literally hidden in plain site, well in the back of my magic drawer when not in use but I believe in extra layers of defense ya see.

muimui

Unread post by muimui » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:48 pm

hi
1.is the mojo hands can carry it year by year, (long long time)? need to change the new one after few year?
2.mjo bag need to carry it on my person, but i am working in home, so can i put it in a secure place in my room and after i go out, i carry in in my hangbag?
3.anoint the oil on the bag weekly, is it only anoint the oil outside on the bag, no need to drop the oil inside the bag
4. is it need to hold the mojo bag to make a desire everday, or just to make a desire when anoint the oil on it?
thanks

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:48 am

1. you can carry it as long as you like or when you need to
2. You can keep the bag where every you want. But it is recommended that when you first get the bag you keep it close to you such as skin to skin. You can keep the bag where ever you like as long as no one sees it.
3.Do not open the bag, Only anoint on the outside
4. You should state your desires when you anoint the bag but you can do this whenever you want.

Please read this if you have any further questions. http://www.luckymojo.com/mojo.html
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

muimui

Unread post by muimui » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:26 pm

I know that if mojo hands will be seem or touch by someone and also fall down on the floor, then the mojo hands will be killed and cannot use it, but i still have questions about this

1.I carry the mojo bags in my handbags, if someone touch my handbag or i fall down the handbag on the floor, the mojo bag is it will be killed? Or mojo hands just directed touch by someone that will be killed?

2. if my husband sees the mojo bags, but he did not know what it is and never ask me about this, so the mojo bags will or will not be killed?

3that mean the most safely is place the mojo bags in a secure place in my room, but it is work,if i don't carry it on my person, (someone tell me that is ok)

thanks for answer my questions

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:32 pm

muimui

I don't know who told you that if a mojo touches the ground or floor it dies, but they were wrong, I've never heard such a thing. I would still make it a point to not drop it tho.

If they don't touch the mojo itself, it will be fine.
It might very well be, and depending on what kind of mojo that could kill it dead. A mojo is a personal thing, don't go showing your hubbie

It is best to carry it on you, usually, it again depends on what the bag is for.
HRCC Student #1559

PurpleShoes

Unread post by PurpleShoes » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:36 pm

i was walking down the street and had my triple strength mojo hand in my pocket, and had my hand in my pocket holding it trying to send it positive energy/connect with it while i walked. suddenly a friend called out to me and i was totally taken by surprise when i saw her, she complimented me on something i was wearing and i stupidly pulled my hand out of my pocket to pull at my shirt which she was looking at, and FORGOT to let go of my mojo hand, so it was still grasped in my hand while i briefly touched the shirt of mine she was commenting on. she is EXTREMELY distracted as a person and i know she didn't notice the bag, and my hand was wrapped around it so only a tiny bit of red would even have been visible anyway, and later on in the day i texted her and pretended i was wondering for other reasons but was like, "hey..i've misplaced something and cant remember when i lost it, when u saw me did u notice me carrying a tiny red bag of any kind?" and she was like, "no, sorry, i have no idea." so even if a glimpse of red was visible to her, she didn't consciously see the bag. i dont know if any of this makes sense but i'm just wondering if you think it's fine? i am really trying to be careful with this mojo hand but i'm extremely ADD and do stupid stuff like this not out of carelessness but because I'm just a bit spacey at times...

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:42 am

Its fine, but you know, you don't have to hold the mojo while you carry it.
HRCC Student #1559

Harp72

Unread post by Harp72 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:52 pm

This is my first post, so I'll start with "Hello and hope everyone is well"

This may be seem like an odd or bizarre question but I am wondering if there would be any adverse effects to adding animal cremation ash to a mojo bag when fixing it? I had for 12 years a Boston Terrier who was my constant companion through all of life's highs and lows and truly "man's best friend" as they say. Sadly he passed away last year and I had him privately cremated. So because he was such an important part of my life and a true manifestation of joy in my life for so long I thought that a small sprinkling of his remains might be a positive addition to my bag. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Would it be taboo or possibly harmful? If it makes any difference the mojo I've ordered from LM is the "Blues Boy"

Thanks!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:46 am

Of course this would be fine. Many people carry graveyard dirt or cremation ashes of loved ones in a mojo bag or in an amulet case. I would recommend sealing the ashes in a tight, non-breakable container (no plastic, no glass), and perhaps sealing the edges with glue, as both ash and fine powder dirt can work their way out of some containers. I would suggest wrapping the ashes in foil and then securing them in a nice container such as a gau or a kavacha. You may order any of these:

AMU-NEP-GADD Amulet Nepal Gau Prayer Box, White Metal Double Dorje w/ Stone, 2" $8.00
AMU-NEP-GAFD Amulet Nepal Gau Prayer Box, White Metal Filigree Dorje w/ Stone, 1 3/4" $12.00
AMU-NEP-GASD Amulet Nepal Gau Prayer Box, Sterling Silver Double Dorje 1" X 1" $18.00
AMU-NEP-GAUS Amulet Nepal Gau Prayer Box, Sterling Silver w/ Stone 1" x 1" $20.00
AMU-NEP-GAUW Amulet Nepal Gau Prayer Box, White Metal w/ Stone 1" x 1" $6.00
AMU-NEP-KAV1 Amulet Nepal Kavacha Gau Tube, Sterling Silver w/Om Scroll 1 1/4" $14.00
AMU-NEP-KAV2 Amulet Nepal Kavacha Gau Tube, Sterling Silver w/Om Scroll 1" $12.00
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Harp72

Unread post by Harp72 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:59 pm

I more or less assumed it would be fine, just wanted to be sure. Thanks for the quick response and advice!

Opi

Unread post by Opi » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:34 am

something so strange has happened. the hair in my triple strength attraction mojo hand has started to come out- pieces of it are poking through the bag...some of it has come out completely but some is still partly in so i wrapped it around the top where the rope is. i'm sure some of the hair is still completely inside the folded paper but cannot be sure...i believe my bag is still working- should i be concerned? is there anyway i can reopen the bag, put more of my hair inside the paper? or would that kill it? please help.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:51 am

I would not reopen the bag. If you bag still feels alive and it's working, then I would not be overly concerned. Hairs are small, so if a few came out of the petition paper and wormed their way through the weave of the flannel, that's natural.

However, if you're very concerned about it, you can always get a 10 minute reading with one of the AIRR workers to make sure everything's ok.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

IBube

Unread post by IBube » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:36 am

My Friends,

I know that mojo bags are generally carried below the waist, or that women carry them inside their bras, but where do us guys keep our mojo hands? In the pocket? Pinned inside underwear? In a sock? Please advise? Thanks.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:10 am

Pockets are very popular and generally convenient for men.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:20 am

Pinned inside the shorts or in a pocket seems rather common.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

IBube

Unread post by IBube » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:17 pm

Thanks. Pocket seems convenient, but I was under the impression that the mojo hand should be in contact with skin.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:43 pm

i carry mine in my pants pocket, everytime i reach into my pocket i touch it, think about it fort a second.. only thing id add is dont forget its in the pants or you might accidently wash it, and finding a soaked mojo is not the same as finding a lost 20 in the wash lol.
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:22 pm

...are you thinking about placing it next to your skin? Its your choice...
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

IBube

Unread post by IBube » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:09 am

My Friends!

How many different oils can you use to feed a mojo hand? Can it be dressed with, say, 3 or 5 different oils?

Has anyone heard of any general rule or standard practice for this?

I have the same question about smoking a mojo hand. Can I use several different types of incense or herbs for this or is there a limit?

Should it be an odd number of oils (3, 5, 7, etc)?

I really would appreciate your suggestions. Thanks! :ugeek:

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:24 am

Some people apply each oil singly, others blend their own custom oils from a series or set of other oils, which they find more convenient than applying each oil singly.

You may use as many oils and herbs in crafting a mojo as you find useful, but there is no point in increasing the list to ungainly proportions. An intelligent focus of purpose is more efficient than a scattershot approach.

Your attempt to institute some sort of "odd-numbers rule" is pointless and non-traditional in the practice of African American conjure and i advise you to stop thinking that way right now.There is no reason to substitute phony game-player-style rules for your own wise thoughts or for the traditional teachings of this practice.
catherine yronwode

IBube

Unread post by IBube » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:07 pm

Thanks. The oils I have in mind are similar in purpose (Run Devil Run, Protection, etc) and I think I will use a mixture as you suggested.

Fernview
HRCC Student

Unread post by Fernview » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:12 am

So I made my first mojo bag today, but I have a question. I place a small lodestone in it. I anointed it with oils and fed it with the sand. I know lodestones need to be fed regularly, but I also know mojo bags are not meant to be opened up again. So how do I feed it while its in the bag? Will it be fed by the oils and Hoyt's Cologne I anoint it with regularly?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:46 am

Yes, lodestones in mojo bags are generally fed a pinch of magnetic sand before it is tied, and from thereon they are fed through the weekly feeding of the bag. Don't re-open your mojo.

Fernview
HRCC Student

Unread post by Fernview » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:06 am

jujugiggles wrote:Yes, lodestones in mojo bags are generally fed a pinch of magnetic sand before it is tied, and from thereon they are fed through the weekly feeding of the bag. Don't re-open your mojo.
Excellent,thank you so much for your quick response.

faith2008

Unread post by faith2008 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:51 am

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I did a search and could not find anything. So if someone could answer this or just point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

A while back I made a mojo hand with my queen elizabeth root. It was aimed at specific target. At the time I used what I had as far as personal affects. Recently I have been able to acquire some more "personal" affects and would like to use these. Can I open my mojo and add them or should I start from scratch, cleanes my QER and add new herbs?

Thanks again.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:00 am

Most bags, other than the Nation Sack which is meant to be added to over time, are fixed once tied.
If you had a bodily concern the first time, then I would leave it as-is. If it has been working, then I would also leave it as-is. No need to fix what aint broken.
However, if you haven't been seeing much movement with it, then I would remake the bag.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:04 am

What type of mojo? ... if it is a nation sack yes...you can add items.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:58 pm

When making a Lodestone Mojo, it is common to sue Lodestone Grit, not full-sized Lodestones. One packet (at $4,00) will make quite a few mojo hands, good value for those who make their own. Order

MIN-LOD-AGRI Mineral Curio Lodestone, Grit and Gravel $4.00
catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:10 pm

I will attest that the Lodestone Grit packets have many, many small lodestone pieces that would be appropriate for Mojo Bags, etc... The $4 is well spent if you regularly use small lodestones...

- Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Malefic

Unread post by Malefic » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:37 pm

Hi there,

I was posting in the powders section about finding a dressing powder for some grant application paperwork, and it struck me maybe a mojo would be helpful in this kind of case since the work needs to be maintained for several months while the decisions are made (last year it was about 9 months from the time I sent in my application to the time I was notified of rejection.) I hope this year I can be notified of acceptance -- but what would be a good choice?

The Lucky Hand bags seem like they might be of use, but I'm not sure if gambling bags relate closely enough to the situation. If there were an I Can You Can't type bag I would like that. Something to make my project seem the most in need of help and/or most important could be good too. (The grant is mostly to help translators who want to do projects that are unlikely to otherwise be made, or which might be made but are unlikely to make any other kind of profit. My own project is for a series of 18th century French plays that I think probably fall more toward that latter category.) Ideas?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:49 pm

I would work this as a bottle rather than a mojo. You can add whatever herbs you feel are appropriate to your case, or you can simply use the sachet powders of your choice in a bottle with your petition - and then work the bottle on a regular basis while you are waiting.

Look Me Over and Love Me make great additions to this kind of work, to get you extra positive attention. Master and Commanding can help you seem very in-control and like a leader/authority. Crown of Success is also a great choice to help you get ahead. Make sure you get some Five Finger Grass in there to get them to favor you and want to give you good treatment and grant you your desires.

faith2008

Unread post by faith2008 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:44 pm

Thank you for the replies. I knew you could add to a Nations Sack but was unsure about others and thought I had read not to open them but again wanted to double check.

This is a mojo that Miss Cat described in the HHRM under Queen Elizabeth Root. Unfortunately Devi at the time I didn't have bodily affects so I used what I could since then I have acquired some that's why I wanted to know so that I can have a stronger link to my target. I don't feel like I have a very strong link right now.

Thanks again for your help. As always you guys are great!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:53 pm

Good Luck in your workfaith2008.

victory

Unread post by victory » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:04 pm

Devi Spring wrote:Yes you can - I usually make an oil blend from various oils that match my intent.

I was suggesting that you stick to what comes with the mojo kit for the first while, since the mojo kits are put together using very traditional recipes that involve feeding the bag a particular oil. I suggested waiting until you developed a rapport with the mojo before changing up what is a very established hand.

When making a mojo from scratch, you can decide on whatever oil or blend of oils that you wish.
Thank you again Devi for your prompt response.

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:31 am

I have so many LM Spell kits, and at first, I didn't fully understand the use of the mojo, so I didn't use it, but now I kind of get it and want to try it out. I've had the LM kits for over a year now, I'm assuming the mojo's do come somewhat fixed, and I'm wondering are they only alive when we 'activate' it ourselves, or do they come already alive in the kits? and if they come already alive in the kits, does that mean my mojos are dead because I've never used them?

I sure hope not!

Blessings to you, and thank you in advance..

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:52 am

When we make mojo bags, we bless them, breath into them, and tie them shut. They are fixed, but not fully personalized.

If you come into our shop and want us to make the bag just for you, we can make it in your name, with your personal concerns while you wait.

If you mail us your personal concerns in advance, we can add them to your bag as we make it and it will come to you fully personalized.

However, since the early 20th century, mojos have been sold through the mails. More than one hundred years of this custom have made mail order mojos a common spiritual supply, and in the 21st century, in the era of internet communication, fast shipping, and heightened concerns for privacy, we have noticed that not many people will send us their personal concerns. They either don't want to be bothered, don't want us handling their concerns, or -- most often -- they want the bag NOW, and waiting for their mail to reach us, for us to prepare the mojo, and then to mail it back to them adds an extra step that they would rather skip.

So we make up the mojos, breathe life into them, bless and tie them, and send them to our customers for the final step. 95% of our customers prefer this way of working, by the way -- only a few send in their personal concerns.
catherine yronwode

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:21 am

Than You so much for the explanation Cat. So I'm assuming my mojobags are dead? :(

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:48 pm

Reread what cat said, they are not dead, just not fully personalized, you finish the work. At least thats my take... :|

RedRose

Unread post by RedRose » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:21 pm

But wouldnt reopening a mojo cause the person to disturb the bag?

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:22 pm

yeah, thanks jwm :) I then called the store to find out, you're right. hehe I'm so scatterbrained with so many issues to settle... time for the king solomon oils!! for me

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:43 pm

mimiso, I know the feeling, everything coming at you at one time that is why I depend on my forum friends for clarity (all the time :shock: )... RedRose, read what cat said above also...you have to personalize.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:21 am

Think of it like this (silly analogy caused by typing before coffee in the morning) -- if you adopted a kitten, it would be alive, but until you trained it and grew to know it, and it grew to enjoy your company, it wouldn't really be your cat. One way that bond is formed is by touch; another is by feeding the kitten.

What were those little Japanese toys you had to feed electronically by pushing a button or they died? Does anyone know what i'm talking about?
catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:33 am

Oh man, Tamagotchi's! Those were a HUGE fad, but yes, I do know what you mean! That's a pretty good analogy!

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:45 am

Ah yes, the tragic Tamagotchi toy -- thanks, Joseph.
catherine yronwode

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:03 am

LOL - I was big into the club scene when they came out in the US, and we all had one. We were far too old for them, but had them anyway. Oh youth. ;)

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:35 am

LOL thanks Cat... Yeah... I think we all had one of those toys... I'm really good at taking care of real babies..like my brother's son, but for some reason, when it's those electronic pets and plants I fail.. lol I cried when I got the sacred tulsi plant, and it died the same wk... but then I found out, when a woman's on her period and touches it, it dies.. and my worthless roommate at the time touched it... so maybe it was her! but bamboo plants are tough for me, tooo

Cassius2

Unread post by Cassius2 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:19 am

Hi:

I'm seeking an answer to a prayer and I've used mojos to help me gain some ground....but I haven't had much luck with them recently. I appreciate the sentiments like "gaining control over the situation" and the forceful language used in describing mojos but I've recently tried 3 or 4 of them with no results. I had a mojo 20 years ago and I had with 110% success but maybe I've lost my touch.

My intentions are not evil and I've consulted Elvyra Love. She suggested lighting many Holy Catholic Novena candles. I've lit about 10 so far and I'll continue to do this but are there options to mojos? I guess mojos are occultish so my response might be sorted....but I'm seeking a difficult goal, not an evil goal and we're positive of success. Just tired of waiting around for it.

Any input, theories, prayers or philosophies are welcome! I've prayed enough and waited as long as I am able to :)

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:18 pm

Well, I would suggest a reading - but you say you've consulted Elvyra before. Might be time for a check-up!

If you feel you've lost your touch, you may wish to try some cleansing baths and road opening work, followed by some Master Key. This could help you get free of whatever is holding you back, clear your paths, and then help empower your spiritual skill.

Also, have you worked with mojos that were fixed specifically for you? And then did you maintain your mojos correctly, with weekly feedings, etc?

You could try working a spell-kit for your goal rather than a mojo, and see if that works better for you.

It may just be that until you get yourself back up and running, it may be best to have others work on your behalf.

Just some ideas. I would definitely get a follow up reading that will focus on why you're not seeing success with the mojos, and what the blockage is all about.
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

movingmountains

Unread post by movingmountains » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:16 am

Hi guys,

I just got my mojo bad in the mail (first one) and im after a bit of assistance.. It is for seduction..

Can i use a petition to seduce a specific woman and women in general ? Or can i only have one intent?

Would a petiton just be a hand written piece of paper that says - i want to seduce 'target x' so she finds me irresistable and all women that are in my sight'

Is that right?

Also can i put my semen in their?

Anything else i need to know?

I know i feed it weekly with the spray.. Do i spray the outside of the bag? OR do i open it up and spray it inside?

Thanks, i am new .. i know! :)

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:22 am

Yes you can petition both at the same time if you want. I would just make it so "all women are attracted to me or seduced by me especially (target's name)" Yes the petition is what you want the mojo bag to serve as what you want the bag to do. Yes you can put a dab of your semen on the petition paper. Follow the directions that come with the bag. If it is not lucky mojo...then we cannot help you...it is only for lucky mojo products. No...you do not spray inside the bag. You put a few drops of oil on the outside

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojo.html

movingmountains

Unread post by movingmountains » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:49 am

Thanks stars, should i also put some hair of my target in the bag?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:52 am

Yes, you can.

allofthemwitches

Unread post by allofthemwitches » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:51 am

Hello,

After browsing through 'Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic' I decided to order supplies to make a mojo hand. I found the entry about attracting benevolent spirit helpers intriguing so I added a White Flannel Mojo Bag, Althaea Leaf, Angelica Root and Psychic Vision Oil to my Lucky Mojo order. I cook Indian food so I already had Star Anise (just in case you were wondering). Anyways, I'm curious, having read various information on Mojo Hands, what the best way to activate this particular Mojo Hand might be (I'm open to most anything and would really like to personalize it). That said, are there other items I might want to consider adding? I'm attracted to the number nine - as it has personal significance to my magical practices.

Also, if you have used this recipe and would like to share your experience I'd be interested in reading your response.

I'm brand new to Hoodoo and am trying my best to respect the tradition and to work within the system.

Any advice/information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:07 am

Enlivening a mojo involves feeding it, passing it through incense smoke, fervent prayer, and breathing into the bag.

Exactly how you do all of this is individual and personal. So there's no "best way". :)

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:27 am

In addition some conjure workers will pass the mojo hand above the flame of a dressed candle-- carefully of course.

If you are interested in learning more about making mojo hands you might consider the magical coaching option that some of the members of AIRR offer. Here you will get one on one and step by step instruction on the methods of making a mojo hand.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

corazon

Unread post by corazon » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:59 am

Hi Bryan,
I am making a similar mojo hand myself! Well, mine is mostly for psychic vision and enhance my abilities.
I am going to put an odd number of ingredients, a small little tarot card, a petition paper with my hair in it, and use the psychic vision oil. I got a little milagro charm of eyes and I am going to sew it on the bag. I will use the psychic vision incense and dress a candle for my purpose. I will then make the bag and smoke it in the incense, pass over the candle, and breathe and pray over it until I feel it charged.
Then I will feed the bag every week with oil.

I'm stil newish to Hoodoo also, but have made a few bags this way before. I really like doing it and it feels good. I just pick an odd number that corresponds to my case and then add what my intuition tells me. I usually add a mixture of roots, herbs, charms or little plastic toys (like a mean looking dog for protection), petition papers, and personal concerns.

Hope this helps!! Let me know how your bag making went, I want to make one of those types too!

-stacy

allofthemwitches

Unread post by allofthemwitches » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:48 pm

Stacy,

Thanks for the encouraging post.

Your explanation makes sense and will help when it comes time to assemble my mojo hand. I'm the type of person who learns by doing. I pay attention to what others do and say, but I've found that participation has been a fine teacher.

Do petition papers and personal concerns count toward the odd number of contents that are traditional to a mojo hand?

At some point I would like to take the correspondence course, but for the time being, I'm going to try to get a feel for conjure work.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Bryan

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:00 pm

allofthemwitches wrote: Do petition papers and personal concerns count toward the odd number of contents that are traditional to a mojo hand?
Let me step in before this sparks an old argument,lol. There is no tradition like that. This whole odd-numbers thing. Some workers prefer to keep to odd numbers, some don't make a point to, some that do count might count the name and paper as one thing, or two, or not count them at all. I personally have a tendency for odd numbers, not just in conjure, in general, and I would count it as one thing, the personal concerns folded up into the paper. But it is by no means a rule that you must have an odd number of items in the bag. :D
HRCC Student #1559

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Mojo Hands, Conjure Bags, Jack Balls, and Doll Babies in Hoodoo”