Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Mojo Seen, Touched, Dropped, Washed, Unfed, Lost, Torn, Open

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo conjure hands, mojo bags, nation sacks, trick bags, tobies, jomos, spell packets, Jack balls, and dolls.
DATZZZ
Mojo Seen, Touched, Dropped, Washed, Unfed, Lost, Torn, Open

Unread post by DATZZZ » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi! Wha7 dO i d0 if I hav3 lost my m0j0 bag ASLO h0w long is a m0j0 bag g00d f0r!

DATZZ

YAZZZ!

Freak out Freak ON just pass the Phone!

nagasiva
Site Admin
Re: My Mojo Was LOST!!!

Unread post by nagasiva » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:36 pm

well, if you lost your bag, then it isn't any good for you any longer! maybe it had worn out, or it was telling you that it was done with you and wanted to move on to work with someone else. at least something more ambiguous didn't happen, such as that it ripped open and its contents fell out, or that it was put through the wash, or that it was found by the person who was being affected by it.if you can imagine it, you can count on the fact that it has happened with bosom bags, pocket bags, or other mojos people put into their clothing or carry around with them.

and with the loss of the mojo you might be able to understand how 'cut and dried' that sounds. once you lose it, the only real way to renew a mojo bag is to make or get another one. ultimately, because of the way that mojo bags are contained, might be preserved, and re-initiated, there is ostensibly no limit to how long a mojo bag might last.

practically, of course, there are many ways that they could deteriorate or stop working. since mojo bags are conventionally made of fabric such as flannel, they wear out if they are handled enough. I've worn out a few this way, whether or not i did anything unusual to them. even some of the more coarse fabric bags i've used have through the years broken apart, or their cords became worn and fell off, and if the bag itself busts any of the contents might come out inside the pocket or all into the clothes. the bag is only a part of what can break down, too. through time the herbs in a worn bag will break down and seep through many fabrics, and any liquids used to initialize the bags (anointing) may evaporate or become lost through contact. roots and minerals might break up also, and seep through over the years a bag is worn.

therefore it is typical that what is most quickly lost is very often the additive to 'renew' a mojo bag, should it lapse in its effectiveness, become 'dead' or inactive. the first of these might be the breath, censing, or smoke that may have been used to initiate the bag. slightly less subtle and easily lost might be any fluid added to or rubbed on the bag (e.g. anointing oil made for its purpose; or personal concerns like urine, spittle, or sexual juices; or spirits such as whiskey or other alcohol). finally, if the contents or bag itself are spent or broken, these may be renewed in a 'remaking' of the bag, perhaps even putting the old torn/worn bag into the newer one so as to contain and retain it.

through this method there is really no lifespan to a mojo bag of which i am aware, and if a bag is made from leather or some other very durable material and contains very enduring (mineral) contents such as a lodestone, pyrite, silver, etc., only the occasional anointing or censing may be necessary to keep it alive and active.

the only other issue i can think of with respect to mojo bags that might affect its lifespan or function is whether someone touches it or sees it, or if the bag is somehow seriously disturbed such as by washing it with the laundry. there's a diversity of opinion as regards visibility and contact, though typically those for whom the bag is constructed should be kept from knowing about it and from touching it directly, lest it require a washing (such as in salt water) to purify it and re-initiate it along the lines of its original construction. if a bag goes through the laundry then what was inside of it will determine how serious a problem that is, though it would be wise to start over with such a bag as if it had been 'washed clean' of all its charge and intention.
nagasiva yronwode

Forum Tech Help
forum@luckymojo.com

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:05 pm

Whenever I lose a mojo bag, it means something. The only mojo bags I have ever lost were for love. I have never lost a money, safe travel, or gambling mojo bag. When I have lost my love mojo bags, it is right before I meet a potential romantic partner, or I am splitting up from someone. In my experience, a lost mojo bag foretells of an event to come.

Mary

snake

Mojo Bag, Conjure Hand, Toby, Gri-Gri Questions & Answers

Unread post by snake » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:03 pm

I was replacing the bag for my money mojo and when I opened it I was missing a lot of herbs. I know for certain that I put more herbs in there, and all that came out was a john the conqueror root and a few specks of nutmeg. I know for sure that I put a lot more nutmeg in there. Am I crazy or are mojo bags known to eat herbs?

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Mojo Bag Ate My Herbs????

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi there,

Well it sounds to me like your mojo bag was not tied up tightly and the smaller, more finely ground herbs escaped!
Although, did you turn your bag inside out? A lot of times, herbs, especially dried, leafy green herbs will stick to the inside sides of the bag.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

snake

Re: Mojo Bag Ate My Herbs????

Unread post by snake » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:28 pm

I was keeping the mojo bag in an old coffee can with my cash savings, like my father used to do, and there was no sign of the herbs anywhere. I turned the bag inside out and shook it. It was sort of a loose weave muslin, but the herbs must have gone somewhere. I'm just sort of shocked and confused. I can't imagine that anyone would have touched it or opened it.

Reynolds

Unread post by Reynolds » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:26 am

A few months ago, I made a mojo to protect and enhance my health.
Much to my annoyance, I was carrying it on me when I twisted my ankle. Still not entirely certain what went on. The ankle bit was from a jinx of some sort thrown on me, and some suggested that maybe the Mojo had protected me from anything worse happening.

Anyways, I became very angry at the mojo, and about a few days later, I couldn't find it.

I found it in the jacket of a coat a few days ago, so who knows... maybe it went off to sulk a bit and then came back :( :)

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:05 pm

Reynolds wrote:Anyways, I became very angry at the mojo, and about a few days later, I couldn't find it.

I would sulk too if you called me worthless. ;)

Actually, since you found the mojo bag again, I would be nice to it and smoke it a bit. Since it is a health mojo, I would burn some althea, self-heal, and yarrow for the smoking. After it was smoked, I would speak nicely to it and feed it some whiskey and put it on me.

Remember, your mojo bag becomes an extension of you!

Mary

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:48 am

So if anyone else touches you mojo bag you have to cleanse or dispose of it? Are there any that you do not hold on to what I mean is are there any mojo hands where disposeing of them are the norm. I actually never knew about others touching mojo bag It is amazeing how much I lkearn every post. Another mojo question how often to you redress it and what is the proper way? Thanks from Sharon

Literarylioness

Re: Mojo bags

Unread post by Literarylioness » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:55 am

Sharona22 wrote:So if anyone else touches you mojo bag you have to cleanse or dispose of it? Are there any that you do not hold on to what I mean is are there any mojo hands where disposeing of them are the norm. I actually never knew about others touching mojo bag It is amazeing how much I lkearn every post. Another mojo question how often to you redress it and what is the proper way? Thanks from Sharon

I get rid of any mojo bag another has been touched by another. I bury them with one of my ancestors. You can also through them in running water. I do not believe a mojo bag touched by another is any good, so I dispose of it properly. The only time I touch a mojo bag, other than mine, is when I am making one for someone else. This is not a finished mojo bag though. The person who the bag is for, must put a personal concern in it (hair, nail clippings, etc), blow in it, and tie it.

I feed my mojos once a week with whiskey.

Mary

Lukianos

Unread post by Lukianos » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:24 pm

Hi Sharon,

Sharona22 wrote:So if anyone else touches you mojo bag you have to cleanse or dispose of it?

If someone sees or touches your mojo, in many cases, you will need to at least cleanse it, and in some cases, you may need to re-make it entirely (or have someone re-make it for you).

Sharona22 wrote: Are there any that you do not hold on to what I mean is are there any mojo hands where disposeing of them are the norm.

Yes. Black Arts mojo hands may be left/buried in a graveyard as part of the work / pact being made. Likewise, a crossing mojo hand could be buried under your target's front steps / walk way to their house / some other place where they would walk over it (and thereby be crossed by the hand). In neither case would one usually retrieve such a hand once deployed.

Sharona22 wrote: Another mojo question how often to you redress it and what is the proper way?

I tend to feed my mojo hands at least once a week if they are actively working for me (less often if they are not)-- I find it entirely reasonable to ask them if they need to be fed (and then pay attention to the signs or feelings that appear and respond accordingly).

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:54 am

thank your for your adviced. now i have another question with another mojo bag, i have the nation sack and i have the suspect tha somebody touched my mojo. to get all that stuff was very hard for me, i have dimes, roots and personal concerns from the person. so, my question is can i whash everything and start over with the same stuff. and i need to wash the red bag and what i use to wash it

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:09 pm

theusurper wrote:thank your for your adviced. now i have another question with another mojo bag, i have the nation sack and i have the suspect tha somebody touched my mojo. to get all that stuff was very hard for me, i have dimes, roots and personal concerns from the person. so, my question is can i whash everything and start over with the same stuff. and i need to wash the red bag and what i use to wash it

It sounds to me like you want to re-make your mojo, is that correct? If so, the way I was taught is anything in your mojo bag that is hard and in good shape (coins, John Conqueror roots, lodestones, alligator claws, teeth, bones, etc) can be taken out, re-anointed with an appropriate condition oil and then re-used. Herbs and roots that are ground, green, or of the softer variety need to be replaced. You can empty your bag out, decide whether you need a new bag or if the old one will work for you for another year, and then re-make the entire bag. Re-do your petition if you have one, and after you have made up the hand, charge and feed it as you normally would.

good luck,
Bri

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:01 am

I had done a 3x lucky hand mojo for gambling prior to knowing much about anything hoodoo others had touched I had not feed it etc. I also see here hard items can be reused if they are recleaned anointed etc. What I want to know is if you can clean everything with whiskey? and if this includes the flannel bag?. I can then reuse these add some other new ones and then anoint them and bless them all Is this correct. If I am not clear on anything let me know thanks so much for the help. I heard that liquor for cleaning loadstones are a good idea/ then just add conditioning oil and magnetic sand?

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:53 pm

Sharona22 wrote: I also see here hard items can be reused if they are recleaned anointed etc. What I want to know is if you can clean everything with whiskey? and if this includes the flannel bag?. I can then reuse these add some other new ones and then anoint them and bless them all Is this correct. If I am not clear on anything let me know thanks so much for the help. I heard that liquor for cleaning loadstones are a good idea/ then just add conditioning oil and magnetic sand?

Hi Sharona,

You can clean and re-use hard, durable items like whole John Conqueror roots or lodestones. the softer, green herbs should be ritually disposed of and replaced with new ones. Whisky is appropriate as a cleaner, it is especially traditional to clean lodestones with whisky. You can also, as Edward mentioned use Hoyt's Cologne for luck and money matters, some people like Florida water, but whisky works. I anoint any hard curios with an appropriate oil or combination of oils before putting them back into the bag as well. I re-use my mojo bags, but I do not clean them with whisky. I dust them off, turn them inside out, dust them off again, anoint them with oil, smoke them, fill them with the contents I have chosen, and then anoint them and smoke them again.

take care,
Bri

Avalon

Old mojo bag - remake?

Unread post by Avalon » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:02 am

Hi folks!

I have a mojo bag I made back in 2003, to help with anxiety problems. It worked very well, but is looking rather rough (I carry it every day in either my pocket or purse), and I've thought about burying it and making a new one. Only problem is, my notes on its ingredients are missing. Since I don't know 100% what is in there, should I risk it, or just put the mojo in a new bag and keep smoking/dressing it?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Old mojo bag - remake?

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:30 am

It is very common to remake a successful mojo.

In my one-year Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course, the several options on how to proceed are covered in Lesson 34 and full instructions are given there.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

Avalon

Re: Old mojo bag - remake?

Unread post by Avalon » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:32 am

We both edited at the same time. :D

Thank you for the advice, cat, and I do hope to be one of your students in the future. :)

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:07 pm

my grandkids were here for easter and i dont know how they found my red mojo back and they took out everything, my question is, can i used the same stuff and restart over? can i used the same picture and the semen was in a napkin and i dont have any more napkin with the semen, i have the pair of lodestone , the petiton paper and herbs. please tell me what can i do?

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:59 pm

theusurper wrote:my grandkids were here for easter and i dont know how they found my red mojo back and they took out everything, my question is, can i used the same stuff and restart over? can i used the same picture and the semen was in a napkin and i dont have any more napkin with the semen, i have the pair of lodestone , the petiton paper and herbs. please tell me what can i do?

It sounds like a dead mojo bag and I would take it as a sign. It does not bode well for whatever you are working on. I would bury the mojo and start another one.

Good luck!

Mary

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri May 01, 2009 6:49 pm

Hello everyone. I have some not so good news, my Triple Strength Lavender Love mojo is dead. My boyfriend happened to pick it up. I looked it over and it just felt well dead. So I plan on burying it in my backyard. I was wondering if their were other ways to dispose of it just out of curiosity. Also I'm considering retaining the High John the Conquer root and Queen Elizabeth root to make another mojo at a later point but I'm undecided on whether I should bury them with the rest of the mojo or keep them. And so I turn to all the wonderful people here for advice. Any input would be appreciated.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Disposal of a mojo

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri May 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Burial or disposal in fire are the most common. See Laying tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains here:

http://luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html
catherine yronwode

carolina_dean
Forum Moderator
Photographing Your Mojo Bag

Unread post by carolina_dean » Sat May 02, 2009 7:02 pm

Since joining Dr. Kioni's social networking site, I've noticed several instances of people who have photographed and uploaded pictures of their mojo bag. Some of these people are even students of Cat's course. I know that traditionally if someone sees or touches your mojo bag it will more than likely lose its power and become useless for you. I did mention this to one person who removed the picture, but then I thought it wasn't my place to say anything.

I would personally never publish a photograph of one of my own prepared mojo bags, but I was wondering what other people thought about sharing photographs of an active mojo hand?

carolina dean
56 (G)
Carolina Dean
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate # 56G

Turnsteel

Re: Photographing Your Mojo Bag

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat May 02, 2009 7:08 pm

I wouldnt put a pic of a fixed mojo on the internet but an unfixed one I might.

carolina_dean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by carolina_dean » Sat May 02, 2009 7:10 pm

The ones I've seen recently are on the altar with candles burning. Perhaps the photos were staged, but I don't know.

Dean

PS: I saw what happened with your LL Mojo hand, sorry that happened to you. Better luck next time.
Carolina Dean

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun May 03, 2009 10:54 am

No way, no how, would I photograph my mojo bag Dean! I would photograph an "unfixed" bag as an example, but a photo of one that I have fixed and carry on myself or one that I have fixed for a client? Nuh uh.

Bri

carolina_dean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by carolina_dean » Sun May 03, 2009 6:38 pm

No way, no how, would I photograph my mojo bag Dean! I would photograph an "unfixed" bag as an example, but a photo of one that I have fixed and carry on myself or one that I have fixed for a client? Nuh uh.

I will admit that I took a photograph of the mojo bag I made for my final homework assignment, but I didn't show it to anyone until I found out I had graduated. Also, I figured it wouldn't really hurt it anyway since the mojo bag was going to be seen and handled by several people when my homework was evaluated.

But I agree with you that I would never photograph a fixed mojo bag.

dean
Carolina Dean

musiccitymojo

Unread post by musiccitymojo » Tue May 05, 2009 6:51 am

Dean,

If it's an active bag, I wouldn't do it for the simple fact that you're supposed to keep such items hidden while they're working for you and taking/sharing pictures of an active bags would certainly be counter-productive to that notion.

However, I have a photo of 2 of my first mojo bags (now inactive, of course) posted to that very site as an example of my work, so I hope you're not talking about me there too! *LOL*

carolina_dean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by carolina_dean » Tue May 05, 2009 3:46 pm

No the two people who've mojo bags I've seen have been men.

dean
Carolina Dean

daviscol

Unread post by daviscol » Fri May 15, 2009 6:59 pm

HI,
I had my mojo bag sitting on my night stand and my young daughter(9) walked in and saw it she simply asked what it was, I removed it from her sight and she never said another word. She never touched it is it ruined? Is there anything I can do?

THanks,

Lukianos

Unread post by Lukianos » Fri May 15, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi daviscol,

daviscol wrote: I had my mojo bag sitting on my night stand and my young daughter(9) walked in and saw it she simply asked what it was, I removed it from her sight and she never said another word. She never touched it is it ruined? Is there anything I can do?

I would check in with the mojo first--does it still feel alive? If you practice any form of divination / reading, you might likewise employ it to check on the status of the mojo. While it is generally held that another person should not see one's mojo, opinion is divided on whether that admonition extends to the gaze of a child.

jewelzdevone

Unread post by jewelzdevone » Sat May 16, 2009 11:57 pm

Um - Note to self:

"Don't...get...mad...at...the...Mojo..."

::I'm writing this down::

<3
Jewelz

icemoca

Re-making the mojo bag and Jack ball

Unread post by icemoca » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:55 pm

I ordered the mojo bag and Jack ball from LM, and I can't wait to get my order! When I was reading the post, the post said that the mojo bag and Jack ball need to be re-made once a year. Does this mean that I have to order new one every year since I don't know the recipes?

icemoca

Re: Re-making the mojo bag and Jack ball

Unread post by icemoca » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:48 am

Could anyone help me?

twodogs

Unread post by twodogs » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi Icemoca! :)

I am not totally sure about if you need to re-order it, but I would guess that if it has herbs and other natural things in it, they get old and loose some of their strength after awhile, just like cooking spices lose their flavor, if it were me I would try to identify what is in the bag if you can, and replace and re-empower them if you don't want to order another one.

I would probably order and re-feed a new one if I felt like the one I had could have been losing strength. If you re-order you now for sure that Lucky Mojo will make you a good one instead of taking a chance.

Just my 2 cents, :mrgreen:

icemoca

Unread post by icemoca » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:29 pm

That's a great idea! Thank you, twodogs :)

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:38 am

icemoca wrote:I ordered the mojo bag and Jack ball from LM, and I can't wait to get my order! When I was reading the post, the post said that the mojo bag and Jack ball need to be re-made once a year. Does this mean that I have to order new one every year since I don't know the recipes?

Hi icemoca,
No, you do not need to order a new one every year. What re-making the mojo means that you will need to, once a year, remove everything that is inside of the mojo bag, wash down the hard objects like lodestones and john conqueror roots with whisky, exchange the soft, green herbs for new green herbs, pray over everything, and then re-fix the bag, smoking it and anointing it with an appropriate oil or fluid. Most folks do not buy an entirely new mojo bag, although you can, and depending on the wear and tear of your bag's fabric, many folks do not even get a new bag until several years down the road.

Now, a jack ball is different, are you sure that you read you are supposed to re-make the jack ball once a year? Usually a jack ball is made and that's it. Its a pretty complicated piece of work.

good luck,
Bri

loveliesbleeding

Mojo Hand was Seen, Touched, Dropped, Washed, Not Fed, Torn

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:18 pm

Hi guys,

I accidentally put my mojo in the washing machine in my pants pocket tonight :| What can I do? is it ruined? no one has seen or touched it and it is my washing machine not a public one... I hope there is a way to remedy this terrible mistake... please help me

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: oooh big mistake, washed mojo accidentally

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:53 pm

It's ruined.
catherine yronwode

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:07 pm

ok thanks....bummer. start all over again...:(

Silverpony

Unread post by Silverpony » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:28 pm

Don't feel too bad, a lot of us have done this. I know I have. >< When it happened to me, I fished out all the durable items inside to reuse, respectfully buried the rest, and started over.

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:07 pm

thanks silverpony, I really could've kicked myself yesterday when i realized what I had done. At least I know it worked well because what it brought into my life is once again slipping away as if it got washed too... kind of a crappy way to learn about their effectiveness but it does leave no doubt in the mind.

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:16 pm

When this happens, I know it is time for me to get another mojo bag.

Mary

Touchstone

Unread post by Touchstone » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:36 pm

PLEASE HELP !! My Mojo Bag accidently fell into the toilet! I have laid everything out to dry! What do I need to do now in this situation ?? It was only their a few minutes . :oops:

Turnsteel

Re: Mojo bag fell in toilet !!!!

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:03 pm

Well, I would say that your mojo is done, respectfully dispose of it. I would suggest when you order you new one that you be more careful with it lol. Also it might be a sign that what your trying to get or do simply isn't meant to be or is being hampered some how, might want a dinvination. Or it might not me anything, but I would definitely stop and think about it.

Brea

Mojo hand seen or touched

Unread post by Brea » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:47 pm

I wear my mojo hand for love pinned in my bra. I was recently out with the guy this was intented for. He was particularly playful and obsessed with my cleavage. Rather than have him wonder what this lump was in my bra I thought it was best to let him know I wear a medicine bag and i showed it to him to see . ( He is Cree so I figured he wouuld understand that concept and not go messing around with it. )

Was this OK? I didn't think he would be this playful in public and thought the less questions the better. Also, for the future, if there is possibility of it being touched is it better to have it in my purse? (He actually joked about giving me some of his hair for my medicine bag and I said your not part of my medicine. He answered how do you know?)

I feel very good wearing it but just want to make sure I did the right thing or if I didn't is there a way to correct it?

Thanks,

Helen

snake

Re: Mojo hand seen or touched

Unread post by snake » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:59 pm

I think that's kind of cute actually! If he finds out that you're doing magic on him and he's cool with that, he's a keeper!

rickets

Unread post by rickets » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:21 pm

I'm sure hes flattered, shows you wanna be with him a lot. But if I found out my girl was doing Hoodoo on me, i'd probably make a mirror box incase it's got any control roots in it, and to make sure things are safe when and if we break up.

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:43 pm

HelenStruckmann wrote:I wear my mojo hand for love pinned in my bra. I was recently out with the guy this was intented for. He was particularly playful and obsessed with my cleavage. Rather than have him wonder what this lump was in my bra I thought it was best to let him know I wear a medicine bag and i showed it to him to see . ( He is Cree so I figured he wouuld understand that concept and not go messing around with it. )

Was this OK? I didn't think he would be this playful in public and thought the less questions the better. Also, for the future, if there is possibility of it being touched is it better to have it in my purse? (He actually joked about giving me some of his hair for my medicine bag and I said your not part of my medicine. He answered how do you know?)

I feel very good wearing it but just want to make sure I did the right thing or if I didn't is there a way to correct it?

Thanks,

Helen

I would not have done that. I am of the belief mojos should be private and hidden. I would have made sure the mojo was out of sight and never brought up the topic. It could come back to bite you later with this guy.

I know in my experience, when I guy finds out what my background is, it is put in his mental Rolodex for later. If things get nasty, they think it is due to something you are doing to them. That's why this work is generally kept secret.

Whenever I am going to be intimate with anyone, I make sure to hide my mojo bags and jackball so the guy does not see them.

It is much easier that way.

Mary

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:04 am

Truthfully? In my option you killed your mojo. They are as literarylioness said private things. Being touched or even seen by another can rob them of their power or kill them altogether.

Brea

Unread post by Brea » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:21 am

He doesn't know it is for him...In Native American tradition people wear "Medicine Bags" which help to protect them. This is perfectly logical to him. He doesn't even know I do spiritual work . Does it help if the person doesn't know what it is? I understand the need to keep the mojo protected, at the same time i'd hope the power wouldn't be lost if it was inadvertently seen especially if they didn't know what it was. In the future i will make sure it is in my purse whenever I am around him.
Thanks, Helen

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:50 pm

HelenStruckmann wrote:He doesn't know it is for him...In Native American tradition people wear "Medicine Bags" which help to protect them. This is perfectly logical to him. He doesn't even know I do spiritual work . Does it help if the person doesn't know what it is? I understand the need to keep the mojo protected, at the same time i'd hope the power wouldn't be lost if it was inadvertently seen especially if they didn't know what it was. In the future i will make sure it is in my purse whenever I am around him.
Thanks, Helen

It doesnt matter, you took it out and showed it to him, it is done. Even if it was seen inadvertently it would still be bad, let alone you willfuly showing it to him.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:10 pm

Hi Helen,
I would do a divination on the mojo bag and see what the results are, pray over it and talk to it and see if it is alive.

I have a great deal of Native American heritage in my family and in my experience this is one of the areas where I think that cultural differences translate into different practices. Many of my family members have traditional medicine bags, sometimes they are worn outside of the clothes and sometimes they are kept hidden, but there is a sense that the medicine bag will not lose its medicine if it is seen by members of the family--this is a "soft" tradition, not a hard and fast rule, there are exceptions. I am here just referring to seeing and in some cases touching the medicine bag--anytime its opened up by anyone other than the wearer it is done for.

Contrarily, I have found that traditional root workers have much stricter guidelines in the care and handling of their mojo bags--NO ONE is supposed to see it, touch it, etc--not your kids, spouse, best friend, mother, etc. This has been told to me by numerous people, among them some very good African American workers that grew up with Hoodoo.

Whatever your belief, the mojo is a very personal object of power and influence, this is why a lot of people don't want anyone to touch it, the taboo of touching and handling someone else's power objects is very, very old.

What I have found in my own personal experience is that the best way to assess whether a mojo is working for you or not is to smoke it, feed it, and then do a divination to make sure that it is alive.

good luck,
Bri

Brea

Unread post by Brea » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:36 pm

Bri,

Thank you so much for your reply. This makes me feel much better. i will smoke it and feed it tonight. It is so interesting it feels like an alive entity, like a person or a spirit guide who always walks with you. regardless, it is comforting to feel it next to my skin.

Thank you,

Helen

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:56 pm

how you know if the mojo is alive

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:18 pm

HelenStruckmann wrote:He doesn't know it is for him...In Native American tradition people wear "Medicine Bags" which help to protect them. This is perfectly logical to him. He doesn't even know I do spiritual work . Does it help if the person doesn't know what it is? I understand the need to keep the mojo protected, at the same time i'd hope the power wouldn't be lost if it was inadvertently seen especially if they didn't know what it was. In the future i will make sure it is in my purse whenever I am around him.
Thanks, Helen

All I can tell you is what I was taught by my mentor and various rootworkers, don't show it or tell it. That means it is private. I cannot tell you what other traditions do, I can only tell you what I was taught.

Mary

Reynolds

Unread post by Reynolds » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:36 am

What are your thoughts on a mojo which hasn't been fed in months upon months? A very thoutough set of prayers and and extra large dose of oil and whiskey and smoke?

Sad to say, but I fully overlooked previously the mportance of regularly feeding mojos :-(

Literarylioness

Re: Feeding a mojo bag

Unread post by Literarylioness » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Reynolds wrote:What are your thoughts on a mojo which hasn't been fed in months upon months? A very thoutough set of prayers and and extra large dose of oil and whiskey and smoke?

Sad to say, but I fully overlooked previously the mportance of regularly feeding mojos :-(

I would just start fresh. Take out what you can from the mojo and begin another. They are probably starved to death anyway.

Mary

j82

Unread post by j82 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:56 pm

if someone did see a the mojo and its dead can you wash the hard items and reuse them or does everything need to be disposed of?

Chagrinedgirl

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:59 pm

literarylioness wrote:All I can tell you is what I was taught by my mentor and various rootworkers, don't show it or tell it. That means it is private. I cannot tell you what other traditions do, I can only tell you what I was taught.

Mary

The first rule of mojo is: you do not talk about mojo?
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Mojo Hands, Conjure Bags, Jack Balls, and Doll Babies in Hoodoo”