Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Moving Candle Spells (Figural / Plain) Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
aura
Forum Moderator
Re: Moving Candle Spells (Figural / Plain) Questions and Answers

Unread post by aura » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:12 am

Hi mystic_fae,

Although the Vigil lights would be best, you can work with a white taper for her if you're more comfortable that way. You would dress it with clarity oil as you already surmised, and carve your intentions for her finding her own unique style into the candle with a pin or knitting needle. If you have a taper for yourself, carve your intentions for your remaining strong and compassionate throughout the time of change and then dress that taper (purple would be a good colour) with John the Conqueror and/or Power oil.

Blessings.

PS - thanx Joseph, I'm blushing 18'' in front of my screen :oops:
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:49 am

aura: You are quite welcome. I have a hard time feeling confident enough (at least sometimes) posting full work recommendations. Seeing your posts doing just that let's me know that I am not so far off from what others are doing and to be more confident in myself, my work, and recommendations to others. Keep it up! You are helping many folks here...

mystic_fae: Good luck and keep us posted!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

mystic_fae

Unread post by mystic_fae » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:19 am

I assume both figure candles should be white? Or should hers be black and mine white?

Also, could I use I Can You Can't oil around the workplace? On her computer keyboard, mouse etc., the thing is I am kind of seeing our boss and part of her copying everything I do is trying to get his attention the way I have his. The worst part is I know she doesn't really want him, it's just this strange sick way she has about her. It makes me NUTS!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:58 am

Hi mystic_fae,

You assumed right, both figural candles should be white. For the I Can You Can't, you could definitely deploy some around her work space calling her name and your intention for her to find her own way and stop imitating you. Also make sure that you get that freezer spell going with respect to your love interest. Being nice is wonderful and worthy of respect, protecting your own a-- is just plain wise!

Blessings.
Aura Laforest

mystic_fae

Unread post by mystic_fae » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:42 am

aura wrote:Hi mystic_fae,

You assumed right, both figural candles should be white. For the I Can You Can't, you could definitely deploy some around her work space calling her name and your intention for her to find her own way and stop imitating you. Also make sure that you get that freezer spell going with respect to your love interest. Being nice is wonderful and worthy of respect, protecting your own a-- is just plain wise!

Blessings.
She is already in the freezer, I didn't wait 2 seconds on that one. Well last night I did message her about everything so we will see if it makes any change. If not I will get the necessary supplies and get this going. In the mean time maybe I will get I Can You Can't and start from there. Thank you for your help!

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:22 pm

What prayers would you recommend for a reconciliation moving candle spell? I am awaiting my lm shipment and I just want to prepare everything in the mean time. I will be working with fires of love, follow me boy and reconcilliation oils and on the last day I will tie red string around the candles that has been dipped in stay with me oil.

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:49 pm

In addition I will be using the pink Adam and Eve figurative candles

Hayngirl808

Unread post by Hayngirl808 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:49 pm

Hello ,

Ive been looking through some of the pages on the lucky mojo site, I came across the moving candle spell on the break up supplies page. Its the picture on the bottom with two red figural candles and one black figural candle signifying the other woman. And i have a bunch of questions on that spell as im thinking it would be great to break up my babys dad and his gf to come back to me.

It doesnt say step by step exactly what we are supposed to do with the candles or how to dress them, it gives what kind of oil to dress them with but not much more info.

How long do we let the candles burn for? can we the whole spell in one night?

What is exactly the step by step procedure for this spell? what can we burn the candles on? where do the herbs go? do i need to say any prayers while doing this spell?

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:24 am

I assume you're referring to the spell on this page:

http://www.luckymojo.com/breakup.html

This is a somewhat fancy version of a classic moving candle spell, in which you move your should-be-lover (red male candle) toward you (red female candle) and away from Miss Thing (black female candle). These spells, of course, can be worked with any combination of gendered candles, or even tapers or vigil lights named for each person involved.

You would dress these candles just like any other candles -- or yourself when taking a spiritual bath: the Love Me or similar oil from feet to head, the Break Up oil from head to foot. The dish of love herbs toward which the black candle is moving represents new love with someone else.

Let the candles burn for 15-30 minutes per night to make them last a week. I would NOT do this spell in one night. Influence takes time.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Hayngirl808

Unread post by Hayngirl808 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:35 pm

Thank you miss michaele,

Fancy version? so basically i could use the cheaper candles to do this? so these spells seem to be really easy, I know it takes alot to do spiritual work and hoodoo work.
Is there any need for meditation? do i say anything while doing this spell? what could make this stronger? sorry for the millions of questions but i just want to make sure i get it right and when i do it i dont mess up.

15 min sounds good to let candles burn, my mom doesnt know about what im doing so its kinda nice that at least it the type of candles that i dont have to be burn the candles for awhile.

farosea

Unread post by farosea » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:04 am

Hello all

I have been a member of this forum for a little over a year and have tried to take in as much of this beautiful tradition as possible. I have had a few readings with the lovely Miss Bri concerning a particular love interest, made a honey jar and had two vigil candles lit. Despite the positive readings and candle reports, I have had minimal succcess in the 6 months since I started. I do have faith in the work I'm doing, in the divination I have recieved and the wonderful experiences of others give me hope.

In the interim, I have become quite close with my love interest's little sister, introduced her to hoodoo and this site and am blown away by the success of her work.

At first she found the forum overwhelming, as there are no set recipes to follow as some other traditions, so we spent a few days looking for information for her and I suggested a simple candle spell with appropriate oils/herbs/petition papers etc. Her man had left in quite a cold and mean way and she desperately wanted him to return. I advised her to plan her spell carefully to avoid mistakes many novices make. So she did and she began to practice her petition paper.....that evening he calls her after a weeks absence saying the exact words she wrote on her practice paper. I began to think this young lass may have a special gift. :)

A few days later he left again, so I looked around the forum again and found Madame Pamita's moving candle spell for love which has a video. My friend ordered the LM oils, herbs and the candles, planned her work and waited for the order to arrive to australia. The night the candles arrived she began the work. At this point he hadnt been in touch for almost 2 weeks after a heated argument. By the second day of the work he sent her a business-like text, then on the fourth day a few more texts just asking how she was doing, by the 7th day he was confiding in her with some family problems and telling her how much he appreciated her support. Two days after the completion of the spell he was flirting with her. Today, it is 4 days after she finished her spellwork and he asked her to meet for lunch and held her hand as they went out. Tonight they are meeting at the gym and tomorrow he is taking her to dinner. She is overwhelmed by the changes in him and by the speed of the work. I am so excited to see hoodoo working in such an amazing manner right before my eyes and only hope it can do the same for me and her brother. Maybe I should take her up on her offer to do work for me. :)

Anyway, I just wanted to thank the moderators and other experienced people who give so much time to this forum and such precious instruction for those of us who are still learning.

Warmly,
Farosea

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:03 am

Thank you, Farosea, for that testimonial.

Like you, i also found Madame Pamita's video on the moving candle lovespell very helpful, and i love the way she showcased Lucky Mojo products while sharing that spell. Anyone in the Los Angeles area who wants Lucky Mojo products should go on over to her shop in Santa Monica.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

farosea

Unread post by farosea » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:34 pm

You're welcome Miss Cat

Your forum, site and products are amazing and you give so much of your wisdom generously and it is greatly appreciated.

Having the visual in a video format as a guide, just helped my friend to 'see' what it should look like. Seasoned and respected practitioners promoting your products is a just a testament to their high quality.

Meawhile I am building up quite a collection myself. :)

Warmly,
Farosea

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:13 pm

farosea: It was so nice to read your post. I love hearing success stories from forum members...even if it is regarding another person's success! Thank you for sharing this with us all.
Joseph Magnuson

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:12 pm

Thank you for sharing your success story with us, farosea. :-)
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

farosea

Unread post by farosea » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Its my pleasure Joseph and Papa_Newt, good news should be shared, especially in a forum where so many come to with such sorrow and feelings of hopelessness. And yes even though it isnt my personal success, I am none the less amazed and happy by the results I have personally witnessed. Should I positive results come my way, I will shout it from the rooftops as well. :D

Blessings,
Farosea

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:53 am

Hi everyone

I just wanted to give tell you about my reconcilliation spell, I was advised by an AIRR worker to do this spell with pink Adam and Eve candles, my candles burned in sync pretty much the whole way through, I stuck a pin in his heart and one in his genital area. On the final day I dabbed a red string with reconcilliation, stay with me and fire of love oil and tied us together. I got a very clean burn as both candles pretty much burned out with a little wax residue. The candles melted onto and around each other whilst the spell was commencing. From reading Cat's divination candle magic page I assume that these are all positive signs, and I would just like to encourage everyone to get a divination on their situations before they start working on somebody as the AIRR workers can guide you to the specific spell that will work for your situation. It is clear to me that it works this way by looking at my positive signs, so now I have completed my spell I will get back to normality and carry on with my life until he comes back to me.

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 am

hayngirl808: What I believe what Miss Michaele was referring to is how the photo had additional items that supported the work. Such as the oil lamp burning while doing the work, However, having that support light, such as a Oil Lampor Vigil Candle, to add additional power to the work.
Hayngirl808 wrote:Fancy version? so basically i could use the cheaper candles to do this?
Cheaper candles do not always mean better candles. From my experience it is important to be aware of the quality of your candles, and quality is often missing with a cheap candle. You get what you paid for.
Hayngirl808 wrote:so these spells seem to be really easy, I know it takes a lot to do spiritual work and hoodoo work.
The spell set it and layout is easy but that's only a small part of the work. :-)
Hayngirl808 wrote:Is there any need for meditation? do i say anything while doing this spell? what could make this stronger?
Personally, I am a big advocate for meditation and would recommend it. Sit in silence as you contemplate the work and where you want to go with it. Another thing to make the work stronger is to Pray. Pray before doing the work. Pray over each item that will be used in the work. Pray as you start the work and each time you continue it. This could be a specific verse in the Bible, stating your petition, etc.
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 am

spellyshelly wrote:Hi everyone

I just wanted to give tell you about my reconcilliation spell, I was advised by an AIRR worker to do this spell with pink Adam and Eve candles, my candles burned in sync pretty much the whole way through, I stuck a pin in his heart and one in his genital area. On the final day I dabbed a red string with reconcilliation, stay with me and fire of love oil and tied us together. I got a very clean burn as both candles pretty much burned out with a little wax residue. The candles melted onto and around each other whilst the spell was commencing. From reading Cat's divination candle magic page I assume that these are all positive signs, and I would just like to encourage everyone to get a divination on their situations before they start working on somebody as the AIRR workers can guide you to the specific spell that will work for your situation. It is clear to me that it works this way by looking at my positive signs, so now I have completed my spell I will get back to normality and carry on with my life until he comes back to me.
Thank you for sharing that with us spellyshelly. Also, thank you for mentining the importants of a divination before doing any work. So important and yet gets overlooked.
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:24 pm

Papa Newt wrote: Personally, I am a big advocate for meditation and would recommend it. Sit in silence as you contemplate the work and where you want to go with it.
I cannot even imagine doing any work without first doing some variation of the above step you mentioned. Essential.
Joseph Magnuson

path740

Unread post by path740 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:18 am

Hello...
I have a question about a moving candle spell. If you have several people 2 male and 2 female. Can you do a moving spell with two names..... I have a red male/female for my husband and me. Can I use one black male candle and put two names on it and on black female also put two names and move them away while moving the red candle towards me.
Each day is a new opportunity
Yesterday is over and done.
Today is the first day of my future.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:55 am

path740, i suppose you could, but i would not do so myself.

I if i were performing that spell, i would use one candle for each person because i could really focus my attention into baptizing the candle for that person and dressing it for that person, and cursing it for that person.

It would break my attention and focus to either re-baptize the candle for someone else or to call out two names when i am obviously looking at one figure.

On the other hand, i have used one collective name ("all rivals") on one figure when there were more than one rival but i did not know their names.

CAN-FIG-FNBK
Female Nude Figure (Eve) Candle, Black
$5.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:53 am

So I thought I'd update everyone on my situation, it has been a week since I completed my reconciliation spell, a few days ago my ex talked to me about us rekindling our relationship however he was drunk and admitted he is cold towards me because he is holding back. The next day when he sobered up he said he was sorry and he should not have spoken to me so now he is back to pushing me away. I am continuing my honey jar but I don't know if this is a good or a bad sign, and whether I should continue working on him or let him go. My rootworker told me that by doing the reconciliation spell the chances of him returning are good.

path740

Unread post by path740 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:33 am

Thank you. I think I will use the separate candle for each person since I know the names.
Each day is a new opportunity
Yesterday is over and done.
Today is the first day of my future.

preppieroots
HRCC Student

Unread post by preppieroots » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:04 am

Hi Spellyshelly,

I would keep working that jar, and I would take it as a sign that he did in fact communicate to you about rekindling your relationship (drunk or not).
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1530

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi preppieroots

Thanks for the encouragement, I will do that! :)

MIRACLESHAPPEN

Unread post by MIRACLESHAPPEN » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:24 pm

I started a moving candle spell last night using two figural candles, annointed with LM Come To Me Oil and a trail of Cat Nip mixed with Damiana and Deer's Tongue (hope this is okay) I let candles burn about an inch down and was planning on moving the male candle (for the first time) a step closer this evening . Unfortunately, this morning, I needed to move the tray containing the candles (for privacy reasons) and they both fell off the tray. Since the actual "MOVING" didn't begin yet may I resume the the spell with the same candles I have (the ones that have burned an inch already) or do I need to re-order two new figural candles from LM and start all over again. I hope not because it took a while, and my lover and I are already apart about 4 weeks and I wanted to start this while the break up is still fresh.

Grrwl4me

Unread post by Grrwl4me » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:19 am

My ex and I are still close friends and coworkers. We see each other and text each other everyday. He has another girlfriend now.

I recently received a reading from an AIRR rootworker who told me that the best chance that I have in getting my ex back is to move his girlfriend away from him and toward a new lover. A break up spell to make them fight will not work, she needs another lover to pull her away from him. Only with her out of the picture completely will my ex start to see me as more than friends again. The rootworker told me that the girlfriend needs to get her mind off of my ex to another focus, and to get what she is currently getting from my ex (emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc.) from another man on in order for her to actually move away from my ex and move on.

This rootworker advised me to do a 4 candle moving candle spell to move my ex closer to me and move his girlfriend toward a new lover.

I am currently doing the moving candle spell, and my question is:

Is there any other kind of spell in addition to this one that I could be doing to help move the girlfriend toward another lover and out of my ex's life?

Thanks!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:21 am

Grrwl4me,

Why are you asking for directions to another spell while you are doing the four-candle spell? It's like you are playing a game of baseball and asking, in the middle of the sixth inning, if anyone can teach you how to play soccer. You won't win the baseball game with your mind on soccer.
catherine yronwode

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:26 am

I second Miss Cat's advice. Just by the description of using four candles in this spell tells me that one is for your ex to move towards you (your candle), and then the other two candles is the for the woman to move away from the ex and towards a new love. Work this spell and allow it to do what it is designed to do. Best of luck.
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Grrwl4me

Unread post by Grrwl4me » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:49 am

Thank you Miss Cat and Papa Newt.

I completely understand what you're saying, and I will put my focus on this moving candle spell and stop trying to find additional ways to "enhance" or speed up the results. I have only been doing the spell for 3 days, and I actually think that I have already received a sign that the spell is starting to take effect. On two separate occasions while I was working the spell, my ex texted me during it. I think that is a sign that the spell is working in my favor. I just need to learn how to be more patient, as patience is not one of my strongest qualities :)

Thanks again for your insight!

Simona

MIRACLESHAPPEN

Unread post by MIRACLESHAPPEN » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Why do some posts get answered and others remain ignored? I posted almost a week ago to ask if I needed to re-order my LM figural candles to start a moving candle spell because I dropped them after I burned them day one but before I started the move. I buy ALL my products from LM re-sellers and have spent close to a thousand dollars on products, readings and rootwork services since I joined, yet simple posts and questions that I have about spells or products do not get answered. I find myself throwing good money after bad because I doubt myself and often re-start my work and order more products when I probably do not need to. It seems a bit unfair that people pop on here and ask questions about spells or rituals that generate many replies when they havent even purchased a single LM product or even had a reading with an AIRR member.Yet other members of this forum who only buy LM products and get regular readings by AIRR members cannot get clarification.

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:18 pm

Do understand that this is a big forum and it can happen from time to time, though, they will get answered. Even if it takes just a little bit. No one is purposely singling anyone out, especially based on if they purchased a lot of LM products or not. There is really not away to know of this nor does it play a factor in who gets replies.

As to purchasing new Figural Candles for the work, no. Just be more careful when moving the tray and continue the work. I would, however, say the Lord's prayer over them three times before I light the candle(s) again.
Thank you, St. Expedite!

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:51 pm

So the plant that I buried my spell remains under died, I had such good signs whilst doing the spell, I did not neglect the pant I think I watered it a little too much and it could have done with a little more light. I have an identical plant that I bought at the same time so do you think I could bury the remains into this one as it has not yet been3 weeks since I completed the spell? I think this pant is doing better as it was in a different location and was not watered as regularly.

I give up, how long after I've done the reconcilliation spell before I do a cut and clear?

mystic_fae

Unread post by mystic_fae » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:28 pm

Just wanted to follow up on this. I did not get to doing the entire spell, but I did do a freezer spell on her and I bought I Can, You Can't oil and put it on her mouse and keyboard, etc at work praying for her to stop mocking me, copying me, trying to copy my relationship, etc. I also said something to her in the 'mundane' world, unfortunately in a facebook message while I was drunk (oops), I think she felt really stupid about it so she deleted me and then acted like I didn't exist at work. But she did get the point and stopped doing all those things. We actually didn't speak one word to each other for the last month until this week, she finally started talking to me again. But all those things HAVE stopped, and I think the combination of all 3 helped. Thanks!

coastwitch

Unread post by coastwitch » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:51 pm

Miss cat has sometimes said that if a spell has bad signs, you should start another spell. SHe has also said that if a love spell produces no positive changes within three months, it will probably not work. That is when you face the choice of working with other methods or closing down the work, which, for you, may include a Cut and Clear spell to finalize the project and open the way for a better love.
coastwitch

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:09 pm

Hello spellyshelly,

When a plant dies under which you have buried spell remains, it is not a good sign. During your process of burying your spell remains you may have damaged its roots too severely for it to continue to live. Be carefull when doing Work with Potted Plants, they can be sensitive. However, if you did the re-potting carefully and kept the plant watered but not over-watered, the death of the plant is considered to be a negative sign.

If you feel it is time to consider Cut & Clear, the best person to really determine that is yourself. Go with the Spirit, follow your instincts, they are the best guide for Magick Work in many cases.

I recommend you try our Cut & Clear Spell Kit!

SPL-KIT-CUTA
Cut and Clear Spell Kit
$35.60

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Best of Luck to You!
AIRR Member
SID# 1583 Graduated Apprentice

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi Apollo dark, thank you for taking the time to reply to my post a d for enlightening me as all I have ever heard people say is its a bad sign when your plant dies.

I think what you have said about damaging the plant has definitely been the case. Will it effect the outcome of my spell?

Also it's the 3rd week since I completed the reconciliation and the target has said to me he needs to be left alone for a while but he will be in touch once he has had some time.Do you think this is movement of some kind? I feel more positive about this.

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:18 am

The plant dying may not directly affect the outcome of your spell, but it is a sign, and not a good one. As Miss cat wrote earlier in this topic thread, "Generally speaking, if you bury spell remains under a plant -- from any kind of a spell, not just a candle spell -- and the plant dies, the spell is considered to have failed. Buying a new plant is not an option."

Without getting too far into Magickal Theory, the power of Magick and the way it works is not affected majorly by little events of our world here. The power of Magick is the belief and Intention behind it. It all is in play in the realm of Spirit, and that is where the work is really being done.

In our reality it is all through representation, to aid us in putting our belief into the spirit realm. Though here we have more distractions and events that can happen that can sometimes not at all be related to how the Magick is working.

For instance, if the plant dying was not because of the Magick, but simply because of your mishandling of the plant, then it does not represent how the Magick is working. It may be simply that the plant died because of shock. But we are taught to watch for signs, and the death of the plant, like a candle tipping over and burning an altar, or a glass candle holder breaking and spilling wax, is a sign -- and generally not a good one. If nothing else, it may indicate your lack of focus on the needs of the plant which you have called to be your ally.

As far as your target saying, "He needs some time" and your question about whether this represented "movement," I would say that this is definitely an effect of the work. If he had previously said he would never return and now he says he needs time, then this is movement toward your goal. If he was previously cordial and now asks you to leave him alone, this is movement away from your goal and may accord with the sign of the plant dying.

Results manifest differently in every case, and this one seems to me that he is starting to conflict with himself. Don't push him, just keep up the Magick, and believe in your goal.

There is no guarantee, but positive manifestation and faith in your work is key to your success.

By the way, you are actually asking for a divination or reading on your work, and not directly addressing the topic of this thread, which is moving candle spells.

For more information on divining the results of candle spells, see this Forum thread:

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains
candle-divination-flame,-wick,-wax,-gla ... t8537.html

We do not provide readings in the Forum, but you can pay a small fee for a consultation and your rootworker will be able to help you with the divination process.

There is a long list of candle divination signs in the free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice." It is on the "Divination Signs from Candle-Burning" page, here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

For more information on the disposal of candle spell remains, see this Forum thread:

Candles: Disposal of Ritual Remains
candles-disposal-of-ritual-remains-t7525.html

[Edited by cat for expansion of the topic.]
AIRR Member

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Thanks a lot for the advice Apollo dark, I am definitely not going to put pressure on him and I will definitely going to keep up the magic until he contacts me! You have made me feel so much better!

MarkiMark1776

Unread post by MarkiMark1776 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:11 pm

Hello,

I'm planning on doing an employment moving spell, where I move from one bad job to a great new one. I don't have it laid out yet, but I wanted to know is it okay to burn figural candles for such a spell, since the figural candle is representing me? And does anyone have a link to how moving spells with figural candles are done?

Thanks

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:15 pm

MariMark1776,

Of course figural candles are used in moving candle spells! This entire thread is on that subject, as a matter of fact, so perhaps it would help if you went back and read the topic from the beginning.

When you write, "I don't have it laid out yet," i assume you are designing your own spell and do not wish to learn traditional or old-fashioned rootworking, so i will let you do your own thing, rather than try to impose hoodoo ideas on your work.

You ask for "a link to how moving spells with figural candles are done" -- but the answer is simply that moving candle spells are done the same way, whether with figural candles or plain offertory candles.

My only recommendation to you is that, since the reason for your spell has to do with employment, you use a clothed human figure candle instead of a nude one. Here are some samples -- we stock them in other colours as well.

CAN-FIG-MCBL
Male Clothed Figure (Gentleman) Candle, Blue
$5.00

CAN-FIG-FCBL
Female Clothed Figure (Lady) Candle, Blue
$4.00

catherine yronwode

MarkiMark1776

Unread post by MarkiMark1776 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Thanks Cat,

Any advice is welcome. I'm in the early planning stages of the spell. What color should I use for the figural candle that represents me? Does it matter?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:39 pm

MarkiMark1776 --

The colours of candles symbolize conditions or outcomes as well as classes or types of people. For instance, a red candle symbolizes love and passion or a person whom one loves or oneself in a love relationship. Since i don;t know what kind of a job you are planning to get, i could not say with certainty what colour of candle would best represent you or the type of job -- but white is the "universal" colour ad is particularly employed for new situations.

If you are asking basic questions about candle colour, i suggest that you study the theory of candle burning a bit more. This page from my free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" should help:

HOW TO PRACTICE HOODOO CANDLE MAGIC
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

In particular, you should be aware of this portion of the page:

COLOUR SYMBOLISM IN CANDLE MAGIC
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html#colour

Alo be on the lookout for my upcoming print book, "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic," which contains a great deal of detailed information of this sort.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

MarkiMark1776

Unread post by MarkiMark1776 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:39 am

Thanks Cat for the advice,

I will continue working on this and order some candles from Lucky Mojo. I was thinking about using a green 7 knob candle to represent the new job I want and 7 things I want in this new job, and a female figure candle to represent me. Here are my questions:

1. Do I move the 7 knob candle towards my figural candle or my figural candle towards the 7 knob candle?

2. What conditioning oil should I use on each candle? ( maybe steady work on the 7 knob and a success or luck oil on my figural candle).

3. Should I incorporate the awful job I work as a candle that I move my figural candle from?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:21 am

Marikimark1776 --

1) Move your figural candle toward the Green 7-Knob Candle and let it stand still.It is your goal. Since there are 7 knobs, perform the work over the course of 7 days.

2) Your ideas for oils are good. Steady Work Oil on the 7-Knob candle would be my choice as well. You could add Attraction Oil as well. Crown of Success Oil on your candle is a natural choice, and blending it with Attraction Oil is nice because then there will be "mutual attraction" as your candle walks toward the green job candle.

3) If you incorporate your current bad job into the spell, i would use a small black candle to represent it -- say a 4" altar light in a star holder or a black votive candle burned without a holder, as a "stubbie." Dress it with Separation Oil. Your candle will be turned away from it, walking toward the great big 7-knob candle.
catherine yronwode

MarkiMark1776

Unread post by MarkiMark1776 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Thank you Cat!,

Looks like I have a spell :D So I will do this spell as soon as my Lucky Mojo candles and oils are delivered!

Conjureangel

Unread post by Conjureangel » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:37 pm

I would also like to know about any products to bring about committment, and in what type of situation would you use red figural candles?

hapinys

Unread post by hapinys » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:11 pm

I am doing a 7 day come to me spell. I have 2 figural candles across from each other with catnip coming From my figure cdl to his. However, since day 1 HIS candle holds a high steady flame & MY cdl has been making crackling noise. I read on the forums that that means that the spirits are coming through is this so and what exactly does that mean?

Thx.

hapinys

Unread post by hapinys » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:19 pm

I am doing a 7 day come to me spell. I have 2 figural candles across from each other with catnip coming From my figure cdl to his. However, since day 1 HIS candle holds a high steady flame & MY cdl has been making crackling noise. I read on the forums that that means that the spirits are coming through is this so and what exactly does that mean?

Thx.

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:15 pm

hapinys wrote:I am doing a 7 day come to me spell. I have 2 figural candles across from each other with catnip coming From my figure cdl to his. However, since day 1 HIS candle holds a high steady flame & MY cdl has been making crackling noise. I read on the forums that that means that the spirits are coming through is this so and what exactly does that mean?

Thx.

I moved you post to this topic.

A stong flame is a good sign. The crackling may represent doubts you have around the spell.

Best of Luck to You!
AIRR Member

Conjureangel

Unread post by Conjureangel » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:24 pm

I really don't understand why moderators only answer select questions on this forum

Roxstar2013

Unread post by Roxstar2013 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:41 am

Hi all, forgive my newbie question and for my what will be a longish story but I do need some advice.

So I'm doing a four figure moving candle spell. For purposes of this missive I will name my target as Bob, the girl I'm trying to move away from Bob as Jane and the figure I'm moving Jane towards as Anyone But Bob or ABB.

Day one of lighting the candles, Jane almost immediately gave me problems. Her flame was hissing and popping and tears/wax was streaming off her figure in waves. Off course I started to feel badly b/c I knew she was feeling it and was feeling sadness.

The minute I felt badly my candle started to pop/hiss so I regained my focus and blew out Jane's candle for the night (she had already burned down significantly).

The second night of candle lighting. Jane again popped and hissed and tears fled out of her. The wax was flowing so fast that it blew the flame out. So I tried to dig up the wick, but there was NO WICK?? What?? It just disappeared in the wax.

At this point I'm seriously getting irked by Jane b/c she is definitely resisting my work (or at least that's how it feels to me). So I made a makeshift wick using a wick from another candle. Eventually, the wax blew that one out too but the candle is pretty much melted away at this point anyway.

For full background, the other three candles are burning fine. Normal "tears" from the wax are flowing. My candle is actually the slowest burner!

Now, I dressed the candles in the following manner: Me -- all love. Bob, one side love the other side Cut & Clear. Jane one side Cut & Clear with hot peppers and the other side with come to me. ABB with all Come to Me.

Finally, on day two of burning the candles, one of Jane's "tears" came streaming down and looked as if it was going to work it's way to Bob's candle, but it seemed as soon as it got close to the peppers it did a sharp turn towards me. I don't know if I was lost in the mediation and my eyes were playing tricks on me, but I swear that tear looked like a snake; it appeared to have eyes. It really freaked me out. The flame went out soon after I saw that (and original wick disappeared). Any interpretation on this would be appreciated.

Now the advice I need is since I had to "McGyver" a wick on Jane's candle for two days in a row, is her candle a bust?

Do I need to start all this over again since I'm not working with all original "Jane" candle?

I know this probably doesn't make much sense to seasoned hoodoo-ers but to newbies it's hard to sometimes know what is ok and what isn't.

I realize this is long and I appreciate your taking the time to read this and provide any advice.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon May 13, 2013 5:27 pm

Conjureangel --

The moderators are volunteers, and although they are paid in Lucky Mojo store credit for making replies, they may simply not have enough time to get to every post.

Roxstar2013 --

Having to add a splint-wick to Jane's candles -- plus all the other activities you reported around her candle -- would indicate she is pretty entrenched and resisting you. You do not "have to" do the spell again, and you did nothing "wrong" -- but the message her candle is giving you is loud and clear -- she is saying "NO WAY AM I LEAVING," so i would do it again.

Also, just for the record, i was taught not to blow out a candle when stopping for a while, but rather to pinch it out. That will not have affected all the other stuff, it's just a tip from a long-time traditional worker
catherine yronwode

Roxstar2013

Unread post by Roxstar2013 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:19 am

Thanks Catherine,

I should have said I snuffed the candle out not blew out the candle.

Your input on my moving candle spell was very valuable. I tried again with much different response from Jane. It was, however, the last spell I've decided to do on this situation.

After a few weeks, and much heartache, hoodoo, exhaustion, and games I cut and cleared from "Bob". It was a long time coming and I don't regret it!

In fact, I'm about to write a thank you post in the "success/customer testimonial" area on Cut and Clear Spell Kits.

Unread post by Karma » Mon May 27, 2013 11:29 pm

Is it possible to do a moving spell with vigil candles ?
Thank You Saint Martha for always hearing my prayers. You're 100% loyal to me and I am to you. Thank you for everything I am forever grateful.

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Tue May 28, 2013 8:51 am

--Karma,

Yes, or with pretty much any other kind of candle.
Two-Headed Doctor

SugarLoveHoney

Unread post by SugarLoveHoney » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Hi, I will be doing my first moving candle spell this coming week and just wanted clarification on a few things.
So Its a reconciliation/Break up moving candle spell, I'll be using a pink eve to represent me and a pink adam to represent my ex and a black eve to represent romantic rivals as I was told though my ex isn't involved with other woman in a serious way he's still flirting and seeing other woman and I will probably be facing a romantic rival, but I don't know who she/them are. So would " All romantic rivals" be okay for me to carve into the the black eve candle?

My second question is how do you pray over a moving candle like this..would it be okay to say something like "John doe, return to me, get back together with me in a romantic relationship and stop seeing other woman."?
Thank You!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:03 pm

Hello, SweetLoveHoney,
I am so sorry that you're having problems with him.
The first question: answer is yes. That's the way to inscribe the black eve candle
To your second question, this sounds a little short to me. Maybe consider adding more words, energy, and emotion into your words.
If you prefer (as it is not necessary) Here is a link to the list of Categories Psalms. You may want to browse through them and see if ay of these prayers will fit your needs.
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... _of_Psalms.
Hope this helps. Good luck on your candle spells. And get that man back home to you!
Wishing you health, wealth, and happiness
HRCC Graduate #1631

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:16 am

Miss Aida pretty much covered all the bases SugarLoveHoney. Verse-Wise however, I'd also suggest you choose passages from the Song of Solomon that appeal to you. It's some of the most beautiful love work written and can help rekindle and strengthen those feelings you want to bring back between your ex and you.
Aura Laforest

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”