Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Must We (and How Can We) Keep Rootwork Secret or Invisible?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Must We (and How Can We) Keep Rootwork Secret or Invisible?

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue May 20, 2014 9:32 pm

Hello, ConjuringCat ,
Have you considered using the bathtub or shower instead?
Maybe she won't be as hostile with that idea.
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

patientlywaiting

Unread post by patientlywaiting » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:10 pm

:x

I don't know if this is the right section to post or not, but I am unsure of where to do so.

I came home from work tonight and was very agitated all day. To make a long story short, my parents moved in with me last year and have been making my life a task to handle. I fell into financial trouble after they moved in and since they helped me, they have an idea that they are able to do as they please.

I set up an altar about 2 days ago, previously I was using a nightstand for my candles and honey jar. I began a moving candle spell, involving a red adam and eve, so I needed a larger space. It was centered in my room, which I kept locked.

My mother claims to have gone into my room to put away a nail polish- I don't believe that, they had been poking around and I kindly asked them to leave my room and belongings alone- I think that made them suspicious. She went in and saw my altar- on it was various oils, my moving candle spell, a honey jar and a blue vigil light dressed with oils to being fast luck. I left the vigil light burning.

SHE BLEW THE VIGIL LIGHT OUT AND PRAYED THAT WHATEVER SPELLS I WAS CASTING WOULD NOT COME TO PASS.

She told me this and said I was doing the devil's work.

Here is my issue- she completely f***** my vigil spell as blowing it out means the spell is finished. I had just lit it about the day prior.What can I do? Should I buy a new one? In regards to the Adam and Eve and honey jar...should I start fresh? I feel like all my work has been sabotaged. I am incredibly pissed to say the least.

They are also demanding I tear it down, so I have to figure out my options sooner than later.

dorothybaez
HRCC Student

Unread post by dorothybaez » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:42 pm

Wow. Just wow. I'm so sorry. How old are you, and how old are your parents? You say they helped you financially....how exactly? By paying rent to you? Or just giving you money? Is the lease or mortgage in your name only or are they on it? The answers will give me an idea of what to suggest...
Student #1748
Thank you Jesus and Yemaya!

patientlywaiting

Unread post by patientlywaiting » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:46 pm

I am 25, they are in their early 50s- they helped by paying rent for the past 2 months as I was struggling, however, they lived here rent free for about 6 before I lost my source of income. Initially, when I leased my home- my mother agreed to be a cosigner, since my credit isn't that established- she now uses that as leverage to acct like I am living in HER HOME, not the other way around.

dorothybaez
HRCC Student

Unread post by dorothybaez » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:10 pm

Nuts, I typed out a reply complete with suggestions, and it never posted. I'm so sorry, but it's really late and I'm so tired I can hardly hold my head up. I promise I will respond again in the morning.
Student #1748

dorothybaez
HRCC Student

Unread post by dorothybaez » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:10 pm

Nuts, I typed out a reply complete with suggestions, and it never posted. I'm so sorry, but it's really late and I'm so tired I can hardly hold my head up. I promise I will respond again in the morning.
Student #1748

MoonBreath

Unread post by MoonBreath » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:15 pm

I think you will need to start the work from scratch. But you also need to be able to finish it without someone destroying it - so this issue must be addressed. Here are some thoughts:

You could try to explain that what you are doing is within the Christian tradition - certainly not the devil's work. This should relieve their anxiety. You were secretive, they wondered why, they reverted to " we have to protect our sweet 4 year old " mentality and went into your room. There they saw things which they did not understand and jumped to conclusions ... incorrect conclusions. Your Mother did what she did because she thought it would protect you.

There is a good bit of info on the forum here about how hoodoo is Christian. Some points to remember:

The "spells" are really prayers.

Certain plants are associated with certain conditions ( they aid in carrying the prayer ). Genesis 1:29-31 talks about how these herbs were given by God and that they are good.

Candles are a visual representation of a prayer - have been for centuries. The early Christians used them - the practice can still be seen in Catholic churches and Orthodox churches across the country AND the practice is still vibrant in hoodoo. :)

It is in the Christian tradition to pray in secret (Matthew 6:5-6). This should help them understand why you did not do this openly.

Having said all this, when you address the subject, remember you are an adult too. Let them know that while you appreciate their concern, there has been a misunderstanding and you need to clear up some things. Calmly and firmly explain to them the Christian roots of what you are doing, in order for them not to worry. Depending on what they have been told in their backgrounds, this may go well ... or not so well. They need reassurance that you are OK with God - so let them know.

As far as your living arrangements, I know you are grateful for their help and should be. But they should appreciate the free rent they received too. It seems that moving in with you has made your parents revert back to "parent supervising child mode" - this is not good. You are a grown up and should have privacy and respect; if they do not treat you as an adult ... you should take action to get your own place as soon as you can ( if your parents refuse to leave ). When the lease nears an end ... you will have to decide what is best for you and your parents. Best wishes.

patientlywaiting

Unread post by patientlywaiting » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:29 pm

The only spell that was not completed was the 7 day money vigil- the honey jar and moving candle spell were not tampered with or lit, so I will let those finish and probably do a second round for extra oomph. I have already had a reading- 3 days ago actually- that said I needed to move with haste and it would be the most life changing decision i will make thus far...for the better....I was told my parents would advise me not to...after tonight, I am more than happy to leave.

dorothybaez
HRCC Student

Unread post by dorothybaez » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:54 am

I think the work that got ruined will have to be started over. But...I would wait until the situation is resolved because they might just ruin it again.

And....what Moonbreath said.
Student #1748

dorothybaez
HRCC Student

Unread post by dorothybaez » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:55 am

I think the work that got ruined will have to be started over. But...I would wait until the situation is resolved because they might just ruin it again.

And....what Moonbreath said.
Student #1748

Sarafina

Unread post by Sarafina » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:53 am

but if you lock your room, how did she get in?

I would get a stonger keylock. ugh Im so annoyed for you :x

explain that they are blessing stuff you got from church regarding your financial situation and you would appeciate it if they would leave it alone.

also you might want to spray some peace water.

brthrchristopher
HRCC Student

Unread post by brthrchristopher » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:44 am

I don't think the vigil light is ruined. Who do you think is more spiritually powerful, you or your mother? Relight it, pray over it and with it for a while, reaffirming that connection again with the powers that you work with. Next time you leave the house, put the candle out yourself. As long as they still live there, I would get a lock on my door and be the only one to keep a key.

Also, start working at setting boundaries with your parent's about acceptable behavior. It might take a lot of commitment and repetition, and having to harden yourself to them a bit, but basically, patiently, and calmly assert yourself as an adult, and if they don't treat you that way, with the respect they would give any adult, tell them they can leave. Give them a 30 day notice (or whatever) and if you have to, kick them out, if that is what takes for them to get the message not treat you and your things with disrespect.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:31 pm

Hello, patientlywaiting,
Everybody has differing opinions on this. And we can all agree to disagree
I am of the opinion that the spell is ruined.
I would start all over from scratch. BUT you have a major privacy issue going on....
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

dorothybaez
HRCC Student

Unread post by dorothybaez » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:20 pm

What's been happening?
Student #1748

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:34 pm

Cat talks about a lot in this forum how people used make shift alters for their work. They would take them down and put them up as needed. Some where in a box that opened up into it, some carried them with them. Some people can have them out all the time ( not you). you need to do the work when you are alone and able to and pack it up when not in session. Some people wrap the candles in paper bags and put a rubber band around them when not in use. I agree with the other post I would consider the work killed. If the candles blew out naturally it would be a sign and relighting with intention and prayer would be different. Only thing hard to me seems how to pack a moving candle spell up, other work like jars are easy, that one you will have to be creative, maybe mark some how where to place them when in use. Good luck!
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:56 am

Hello j82,

If it were me and this happened to my alter I would restart all the work. I have heard that some people who need to keep their works under wraps will rent a storage unit and set up their alters there. If that is possible for you you might consider doing it. Or if you have a friend that would let you set things up at their house that might work to. Otherwise you may have to do things that are not moving candle spells that would be easily packed up and taken back out.

Peace~

Nathen

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:19 pm

Thank you and that makes sense, maybe working 7 day candles would be better!

patientlywaiting

Unread post by patientlywaiting » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:49 pm

I will start from scratch- I am utterly pissed because they feel justified. My mother found my honey jar and said that she prayed that none of my work would come to pass and plead "the blood of Jesus"over me and to make all my spells fail. I AM SO COMPLETELY LIVID

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:11 am

patientlywaiting wrote:I will start from scratch- I am utterly pissed because they feel justified. My mother found my honey jar and said that she prayed that none of my work would come to pass and plead "the blood of Jesus"over me and to make all my spells fail. I AM SO COMPLETELY LIVID
First of all, try this:
Re: Suggestions for Dealing with My Meddling Parents
help-with-angry-depressed-negative-or-e ... ml#p144522

And then realize that you, too, can plead the blood of Jesus: it's right there on page 32 of Hoodoo Bible Magic: Sacred Secrets of Scriptural Sorcery, by me and Charles Porterfield. (The complete table of contents is here: hoodoo-bible-magic-book-questions-and-a ... 27795.html)

When you plead the blood (or pray for divine help in some other way), you know that your mother's assumptions about your work are false. You also know that "all things" including the herbs and curious on your altar, "work together for the good of those who love God" (Romans 8:28). You were probably right to start over from scratch -- but also realize that there is no reason to believe the Lord would shut down positive work developed by many generations of His people.

Best of luck,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

patientlywaiting

Unread post by patientlywaiting » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:24 pm

Thank you very much. I am not so much worried that God would stop my work as much as I am upset that she is attempting to. Her negativity alone caused me to doubt anything would work. I am moving from my current city soon, so I am optimistic that I will be able to learn more and practice in peace.

dorothybaez
HRCC Student

Unread post by dorothybaez » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:00 am

Negativity that other people project is insidious like that. I hope you get in a freer situation soon.

Your situation makes me appreciate my own situation even more. My own mother is open minded and supportive. Thanks, Mom!
Student #1748

queenofcups
Newly Registered

Unread post by queenofcups » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:45 am

Hi all,

Does "positive work" come through in readings/divination? I would like to fix some things but would not want it to ever be detected.
Examples:
honey jar on in laws: things have been sour for a while. If someone suspects will they find out?
Husband and money: if I sit an egg on top of his picture overnight to cleanse him, if I work some candles for steady work for him or for an increase for his business, will this somehow come out?

I only want to do good positive things, should measures be taken to veil this?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Hello, queenofcups ,

I was always taught that if the querent doesn't want something to be known, that it won't happen.

Yes, some of my clients who have either done the rootwork themselves or have had other rootworkers perform magic usually shows up in my readings.

Now, if it's personal information that a querent doesn't want to be seen, there's a good chance that it won't. But if someone else is acquiring a reading (other than you), it will most likely be disclosed (yes,even positive work) unless you do invisibility work yourself. So, yes, take measures.

Wishing you success with your spells
HRCC Graduate #1631

Genies_Lamp

Unread post by Genies_Lamp » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:02 pm

Hello Everyone!

So, unfortunately I do have some enemies. For quite some time I have been considering performing a reversal on "all of mine enemies", not only to send back all of their BS but also to rectify what they did to me. I believe my life could improve in at least some ways by doing this, because I would be inviting those lost (or stolen) blessings back into my life.

My question is regarding hiding my reversal from "prying eyes" of all kinds. I have used bay leaves and such in previous workings to hide my work. Is this typical or customary to do with reversals, or does it not really work that way since I am sending back their own BS?

I admit that I have been a bit leery of performing "catch-all" type candle work like this against "all of mine enemies", but I really do want to get them all...even the ones I am not aware of :twisted: I generally like to take care of one at a time, but I would prefer to just do it all at once and have it done! I have waited far too long for this. Anyway, I would really appreciate your knowledge and expertise on this subject and look forward to it. Thank you LM and forum!

Genies_Lamp

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:20 pm

Hello, Genies_Lamp,

I am moving your post over to the subforum that answers your question

three are about 6 pages worth of ideas.

Hope this helps

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Rev Ernest
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Rev Ernest » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:20 pm

Lucky Mojo is proud to announce the publication of a new book by Miss Phoenix LeFae,
In "Hoodoo Shrines and Altars," Miss Phoenix instructs the reader in the construction of suitable
Hoodoo Alars.

The book will debut at the 8th Annual Hoodoo Heritage Festival in Forestville, California,
May 16th-17th, 2015, and a copy will be included in the admission package for the event, because
Miss Phoenix will be teaching a workshop on how to do this work. We are taking pre-orders now.
"Hoodoo Shrines and Altars" ships on May 18, 2015. Pre-ordered copies will be signed
by the author.

BOO-FLS-HSAA
Hoodoo Shrines and Altars by Miss Phoenix LeFae
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Contents

Dedication and Acknowledgements 4
Altars of the Ancestors
Hoodoo: A Brief Introduction 5
How Do We Know About Hoodoo Altars? 6
Altar Described by Newbell Niles Puckett 8
Altars Described by Zora Neale Hurston 9
Altars Described by Harry M. Hyatt 10
You Shall Build There an Altar
Definition of Altars 14
Basic Types of Altars 16
Altar Work or Just Work? 19
Altars for What Purpose? 20
Building the Altar 21
One Altar or Many 25
Practical Altar Tips 26
Altar Objects 27
Magical and Spiritual Correspondences 37
Preparing the Altar Space 41
Keeping Your Altar Clean 42
Altars for Ongoing Work 47
Cat Yronwode's Secrets of Altar Respect 48
Altars for Various Conditions
Altars for Love 51
Altars for Money 52
Altars for Healing 53
Altars for Protection 54
Altars for Justified Enemy Works 55
Altars for Cursing and Vengeance 56
Dedicated Shrines
Altars for Ancestors 57
Shrines for Catholic Saints 59
Making Offerings to Spirits 60
Unusual Altars
Travelling Altars 65
Pocket Shrines 63
Hidden Altars 66
Business and Office Altars 69
Candle Ministry Altars 72
Frequently Asked Questions 78
Rev. Ernest, HRCC Grad #0891, MISC Deacon,
Facebook Fridays! Admin, Online LMCCo Catalogue Team

RosaCanceriana

Unread post by RosaCanceriana » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:41 pm

Hello everyone.
my situation is that for the past two night my boyfriend has had dreams suggesting that I'm doing work on him. In one he was told "look it's in the cookies" and indeed several months ago I gave him cookies fixed with my menses, and in the other dream he was told by a woman to go to someone to take off what was placed on him.
From what I've read, I can place bay leaves on the four corners of my alter to prevent it from being seen, but will it prevent my boyfriend from having any more weird dreams?
If I make a poppet to specifically blindfold him is there anything I can do to prevent him from listening to any accusatory comments? What type of herbs would go into this kind of poppet?
I really appreciate the abundant knowledge provided within these forums, and thank you in advance for any suggestions and advice for my situation.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:07 pm

Hello, RosaCanceriana,

Yu could make a doll of him and cover his eyes and ears.

But the problem is this: "How to stop the Spirit from giving him these messages"?

Salt Water under the bed may help.

I would, instead, put more invisibility around myself when performing work on him.

Take a look at the pages here fore more ideas.

Wishing you the best
HRCC Graduate #1631

RosaCanceriana

Unread post by RosaCanceriana » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:26 pm

Thank you Miss Aida. I haven't heard of using salt water under the bed, I'll have to read up some more on that topic and I'll be doing some invisibility around myself and alter too. However, because he's spends the night at my place only occasionally, I really like the idea of making a doll baby, but other than using his concerns, I'm unsure of what herbs to place within it. Would it be made similar to a love doll baby?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:25 pm

Hello, RosaCanceriana ,

You can check out this quick guide to herbs here for some great idea:

www.luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html

I hope this guide helps

Wishing you the very best with this
HRCC Graduate #1631

Nony65

Unread post by Nony65 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:13 am

My question is, is it ok to tell others about mundane work you are doing e.g. Working on yourself to heal and be better if trying to reconcile with an ex, or say attempting to make amends with a friend you had fallen out with, but keep everything else a secret in the magical sense? As you all know I'm sure, I don't disclose any work I have done or am doing on a case until I see results.

I would never ever tell anyone about rootwork I have done or am doing. When I have phone consultations regarding rootwork, I will even drive to a quiet location by myself so I can't be overheard discussing these.

I did say to someone recently though I wished two people who were causing me problems would fall out as its not helping my situation. The person I told though is a professional so this will remain confidential. I didn't start going on about rootwork and thinking about Hot Footing them or souring their relationship with a vinegar jar! So will it be ok?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:30 pm

Hello, Nony65,

It's OK to do that BUT personally, I don't.

You just NEVER NEVER know who might be jealous or envious and inadvertently jinx you (like giving you the Evil Eye).

Therefore, my recommendation is: "No". Better safe than sorry.

Wishing you great success

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

CatGirl2009
Newly Registered

Unread post by CatGirl2009 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:49 am

Hi, I'm wondering if it is ok to do hoodoo *other than* in the place you live? I'm having to live with roommates at the present time, and I know they wouldn't understand, wouldn't approve and could make trouble for me if they found out. So, is there any reason I couldn't have an altar and do hoodoo in, say, a storage unit? Most of what I do is either candle spells or container magic. I wouldn't of course leave any candles going when I'm not there, this would be small spell candles I would remain for the duration of their burning.

Alternately I guess I could set up then take down what I would need for hoodoo, then lock it away. It would be risky though.

Thanks

Cat

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:55 am

Hello CatGirl2009,

You can absolutely set your stuff up somewhere else. You will not have been the first person to rent a storage unit to keep the workings in! Also I merged your question into a thread on keeping your hoodoo secret. There may be more ideas in here for you to try in terms of keeping your work to yourself and out of the prying eyes of your roommates.

Peace~

Nathen

misskitty49

Unread post by misskitty49 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:45 pm

A few months ago a woman I was once close with told my coworkers that I practice "witchcraft". Most did not believe her, but I think one of my targets did.
My target has been rude to me from day one, so I ignore her. She knows I don't like her. We've managed to deal with one another, but recently I've had a few slip ups while laying tricks for her and I think she is suspicious. Several times now, I have either spilled sachet powder while laying a trick for her or the wind has blown it all over and made big obvious mess. I've managed to do other things unnoticed, but she is aware someone is targeting her. Last night I added her and the other gossiping coworker to a group vinegar jar, then had a dream about my target that solidified our ill will toward one another.

I feel my work is very justified, but I am now nervous about even the spells I do in the privacy of my own home. The other coworker has spread terrible rumors about me in the past, and I cannot afford to get in trouble at work again. I am terribly afraid of what ideas she is putting in my target's mind.

Are there ways, either magical OR mundane, to throw someone off your tracks? And once someone is suspicious of you, what steps can you take to keep them from resisting the work?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:07 pm

misskitty49,

Wear bay leaves in your shoes to go unnoticed. wear stop gossip and slippery elm to not be effected by them as well.

misskitty49

Unread post by misskitty49 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:09 pm

I used to use the bay leaf trick all the time! I will start that up again.

If I do use the bay leaves, will it interfere with other condition oils I am wearing. Like if I were to wear attraction oil, would the bay leaves cancel that out?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:20 pm

misskitty49,

No they simply hide the work and hide you from the work but it wont cancel the work out either

misskitty49

Unread post by misskitty49 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:44 pm

I am going to start keeping some in my work shoes, thank you j82.

Oskura

Unread post by Oskura » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:16 am

I have been working a honey jar and dressing candles to get my ex to come home. I have seen movement and we are on speaking terms, and even affectionate when we are together.
My question is shod I be working on a man who's mother is a medium and has a good connections with the spirits? She is somewhat of a psychic and I wonder if she knows what I am doing. As far as I know she does not practice any type of rootwork, but is very in tune with everything spiritually.
I wod really like some advice because I have tried to search for the answer and have come up empty handed.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:52 am

Hello, Oskura ,

You can continue your work.

Now, you ought to keep your work invisible. And I have moved your post to the thread that has 8 pages of how to keep your work invisible.

Please read through them for the GREAT ideas here.

Wishing you the very best

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Nony65

Unread post by Nony65 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:53 am

As someone who is very keen on learning about Hoodoo, eventually enrolling in the HRCC course etc, my problem is living with my Mum, who, isn't keen on me doing "all that mumbo jumbo stuff". I can't move out at the minute due to my circumstances, but it's very annoying for when I want to do altar work in private or am ordering in goods. She simply doesn't accept or understand that I have always been interested in magic since my early teens.

I mainly get rootworkers to carry out my spell work for privacy reasons, but I want to become good at it myself with the spell kits and other things. At the minute, I'm needing to do a few 13 Herb Baths to rid myself of some negativity and bad vibes. However, is it not done before dawn? Taking ritual baths when she is in the house is impossible. I got up early this morning and was questioned as to why I was up so early. I'm an adult!! I want to do the baths as much as I can, same with other rootwork. But how am I supposed to keep this private?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:40 pm

Hello, Nony65,

Boy, this is a dilemma. and I have no suggestions for you other than to rent a storage facility to practice your magic.

As far as the bath, yes, it has to be taken in the morning.

Take care (and good luck with overcoming this obstacle).
HRCC Graduate #1631

Innocence

Unread post by Innocence » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:21 am

My ex almost caught me working on a skull candle a couple of days ago. I disposed of the candle but stashed the container with the wax remain into the cupboard in a hurry. Due to my negligence, his parents started cleaning the whole kitchen before I could remove the container. I also was sloppy enough to leave a big bag of 13 herbs mix in the cupboard as well. So this morning everything was organized nicely in the cupboard. I see my container in the cupboard with some red wax left in it. Nobody said anything to me, but both parents have accused or suspected me of witchcraft before (they have witches in the family on both sides so it's not easy to fool them). I am so worried the mother is going to use suspicion of witchcraft as a new excuse to kick me out since her last attempt to get rid of me backfired. Now I am also wary of doing more candlework even in the privacy of my room when my ex is not home. If I could burn a candle at least I would be able to do Confusion on the mother. Might Essence of bend over help here to make the parents forget or not talk about what they saw? I already have a Stop Gossip vigil at MISC for the mother to stop backbiting me.

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:35 pm

Hi Innocence,

Stop Gossip would be a good choice if you feel they will be speaking about you to their son.

Also, put the parents in a honey jar to keep them sweet towards you. It's slow to act but can be powerful.

I would work with Peaceful Home products in your house, to maintain cordial relationships. Bath crystals in the laundry, incense around the home or an innocuous blue candle anointed with the oil would be fairly inconspicuous.

http://www.luckymojo.com/peacefulhome.html

In the future, you could hire a rootworker to do the work for you to maintain privacy.

Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Forum Moderator

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:26 pm

Innocence, you could also keep a LOCKED box in your room -- a trunk if necessary -- for your spiritual supplies. Active work could be kept in a tray placed on top of the contents between sessions. When you're actively working on something, the tray comes out and sits on top of the box -- and there's your altar/magical workbench.

Also, not all spells are candle spells. Have a trusted rootworker or candle ministry burn candles for you; at home, confine yourself to "sneaky tricks" like praying over magically effective herbs that you cook with; adding small quantities of bath crystals to water-based cleaning, grooming and laundry supplies; sprinkling powders mixed with local dirt for people to step in, etc.

Yes, you could put your ex's parents in a SUGAR jar; these are traditionally shaken and prayed over rather than having candles lit on them. You can keep it in your altar box when you're not working it.

You might still be able to do candle work at home; just not with multi-day vigil lights burning constantly. As late as the 1950's, a "seven day candle" was a set of seven votive lights, each of which would burn for a few hours, and you'd light one each day.

Good luck,

Miss Michaele

Innocence

Unread post by Innocence » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:11 pm

Thank you, Miss Athena and Miss Michele. That's why I like the 4" candles from LM so much, the burn time can be as short as 2.5 hours. I'll stick to doll babies from now on for brainwashing instead of skull candle, that was my first try at the latter too and I loaded it up so nicely :( I've had the father and the ex's sisters in a honey jar for a couple of weeks now. I didn't add the mother since I am planning on more and MORE dark work on her, I definitely want to make a curse doll to shut her up. I think the hardest thing to hide is the frozen menses, sometimes I stick it inside a bag of frozen food that others don't eat but you never know when someone might accidentally open it.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:24 pm

Innocence, bathwater and sexual fluids can be DRIED on clean cloth, and then you can keep them in your locked altar box at room temperature. You can use them as is for some spells (need semen on a string? Just cut a strip out of the cloth you collected his "stuff" on). For others, you can soak the cloth in water and use the water in other work (feeding him your bathwater or menses, for example).

Innocence

Unread post by Innocence » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:24 am

I know that ongoing spell work should never be seen by other people. But is it alright to post pictures of past spell work publicly?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:47 pm

Hello, Innocence ,

As long as the spell has already manifested.

And, not on this forum, please!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

ravenmaven

Unread post by ravenmaven » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:06 pm

Is it okay to discuss my spells with other practitioners (hoodoo or otherwise), or will that undermine the work?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:58 pm

ravenmaven --

Most people will discuss their work with their root doctor or spiritual counsellor -- but not with friends who might let the word leak out.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

ravenmaven

Unread post by ravenmaven » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:00 pm

Thank you, Miss Cat, for moving my question to the appropriate post! I appreciate it quite a lot.

I'm worried I've undermine my work by talking about it with a handful of friends in its very early stages, while I was very acutely emotionally isolated and need support. Since then things have improved quite a lot and I've been much more discreet, talking mostly to root workers, but I have one friend is a witch - not a root or conjure worker in the hoodoo tradition, but who follows folk magic traditions and respects spell work. Is that all right, or should I stop?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:56 pm

Hello, ravenmaven ,

If she is not performing magic for you or she is not performing a reading for you, then, you really should not discuss it with her.

Now, if you want to ask her questions about a spell, you would just give her a "hypothetical", but not your exact details.

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

ravenmaven

Unread post by ravenmaven » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:06 pm

Gotcha - thank you as always, Miss Aida! She did a spell for me a month and a half ago but hasn't since, so I won't talk about it with her anymore. Do you think I've jeopardized or negated my spell because I did talk about it, even though I didn't know not to? :/

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:20 am

Hello ravenmoon,

It could very well have weakened your work. The only way to know for certain is to wait and see if you get good results or to have a reading on the situation to see how things are going.

Peace~

Nathen

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:07 pm

RosaCanceriana wrote:From what I've read, I can place bay leaves on the four corners of my alter to prevent it from being seen, but will it prevent my boyfriend from having any more weird dreams?
I suspect so — bay leaf is commonly used to slide under other people’s radar.

It looks like he may have spirit allies warning him, whether he knows it or not.

Plead your case before them and offer them sweetness — start a honey jar, set a white candle, a glass of water and a sweet food offering next to a picture of an angel (or even an empty picture frame; I have one on my ancestor altar to honor my unknown ancestors). Talk to them from your heart when you light your candles. If you use a picture frame, you can write a letter to them, fold it around a pinch of clove, basil and two Balm of Gilead buds, and slip it down inside the back of the frame, behind the photo.

You can even do this if you don’t know their names (your boyfriend himself may not know — it sounds like it.)

ravenmaven

Unread post by ravenmaven » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:13 pm

Thank you all for your guidance! The most recent two readings I had with Miss Aida showed me my magic is strong and working, but so far I haven't seen dramatic movement. Hopefully now that I will be far far more discreet from now on that will release whatever blockages I accidentally created or strengthen my work! I'll also start lighting a candle with Block Buster and Road Opener oil on it when I do my love work as well.

Asturias

Unread post by Asturias » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:16 pm

Wonderful advice about offering sweetness to the spirit allies, Miss Michaele!

But if should I choose to cut this person's connection with the spirit ally or to bind the spirit's action, how should I proceed? is there a traditional way of working this?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:35 pm

Hello, asturias ,

I don't know where we are here as I cannot find your original post.

But, binding a Spirit takes a lot of experience and savvy. I personally don't do that (and I have worked with Spirits almost my entire life).

That's why it's better to win them over to you (per Miss Michalele's advice) and then plead your case and then ask your bidding

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”