Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Spells and Lucky Foods for New Years and Birthdays

fausto

Spells and Lucky Foods for New Years and Birthdays

Unread post by fausto » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:32 pm

Hey, havent posted in a while. New Years Eve is coming up, and I was wondering if anybody would be willing to share family traditions for luck in the new year. With the economy being what it is, luck is something we could all use. So any imput would be greatly appreciated.

In HHRM, on page 43-44, Cat includes some recipies from southern traditions of first footing, which includes corn bread, black-eye peas, and collared greens. I hope to at least cook up some black-eye peas (I was talking about this with a black co-worker a while back, and he said he still cooks up a pot of the peas as per his family tradition, however, since nobody in his family likes eating them,he lets them sit on the stove all ny's day and then tosses them out afterwards).

As for my own family tradition (anglo european), my great-grandmother insisted that it was good luck to eat some form of fish on New Year's, right after midnight. I've never liked fish, but I always have at least a bite of salmon, tilapia, whitefish, or whatever my grandfather makes. (crabs, shrimp, etc dont count!)

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Spells and Lucky Foods for New Years and Birthdays

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:10 pm

I have heard and cooked chitterlings, black eye peas, potato salad for New Years' Now I am familiar with greens for money...but spiritually my plans include a thorough cleansing, road opener, drawing and protection rituals. The Blue moon which occurs on Friday is an extra moon for the year...
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:55 am

Not many in souhtern West Virginia let the New Year's day pass without eating cabbage in some form. The saying goes, "Eat your cabbage or you won't get any money this year!" Some families prepare a mean of cabbage rolls and hide a silver dime in one -- whoever finds the "lucky roll" will have even better than usual luck in the coming year.

Michelle
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:50 am

I am familiar with the cabbage meal too...

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:12 am

Does coleslaw count? ;)
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

GoddessMojo

Unread post by GoddessMojo » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:19 pm

In addition to the traditional southern black eyed peas (sometimes I make Hoppin John instead of plain peas) for luck, greens (usually cabbage, but can be collards, mustard greens, spinach, whatever) for money, and some sort of pork (usually bacon or ham in the sausage and the beans), we usually try to eat fish as well, as a nod to Jesus' loaves and fishes and re-birth and spiritual growth in the new year.

My family has two other traditions I have always heard were traditionally Southern in nature but I don't know. First, the house must be cleaned top top bottom, every corner, before the clock strikes midnight- to clean out any remnants of the previous year- this includes going through closets and drawers and tossing out anything unnecessary; my grandmother always insisted it had to be with Pine Sol. Second is that whatever you spend the first day of the New Year doing represents what you will do over the course of the year...i.e. if you spend it bickering, you will have a year of difficult relations, if you spend it loving and sharing with your friends and family, they will return the generosity the whole year through. It is particularly lucky if something lucky happens- like winning the lottery or finding money- then you will have an unexpectedly lucky year. This is also the other reason you want the house completely clean.

I am cleaning right now, lol, and trying to decide how best to spend the New Year's day. Best New Years wishes to everyone.
Thank you Saint Martha for hearing my petition and for your ongoing good works for myself and others.

GoddessMojo

Unread post by GoddessMojo » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:34 pm

Thought I'd add another alternative to just boiling black eyed peas on the stove into a mush... black eyed pea salad is nice and can be made a hundred different ways. I like ones with vinegar dressing, in Texas we often make one called Black Eyed Pea Caviar.
Thank you Saint Martha for hearing my petition and for your ongoing good works for myself and others.

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:32 pm

We scrub the house from top to bottom and get rid of anything we don't want or need. Kind of like Chinese New Year, which I also celebrate. If you want to travel, you take an empty suitcase and walk around your block. You will take a trip.

In Vodou, we honor the LWA throughout the week from Christmas Eve to New Year's Day. New Year's Eve is for the Baron and the Ghede. I also make sure to do a lot of ancestral work at this time. As for guidance for the coming year and give thanks for the previous year.

Since this New Year's Eve has a "blue" moon, I am quite excited. My boyfriend's birthday is January 1, so I have to juggle a few things on New Year's Eve. It is too good of night not to do some work. It is a great time to cleanse yourself.

Mary

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:09 am

I finished up my previous post in a hurry as I had to mediate a cat/toddler dispute, so I wanted to add other customs observed in rural West Virginia on New Year's eve...

At midnight, it is traditional to fire a gun (usually a shotgun) into the sky three times. I assume this tradition is based on the idea of scaring away evil spirits. All around my neighborhood at midnight, you can hear the sound of dozens of guns being fired into the sky. The children are given noisemakers and firecrackers. Another custom is to share a kiss at midnight, presumably for love in the new year.

As for the cabbage, someone asked if coleslaw counts -- so far as I know, cabbage in any form is acceptable. Some commonly prepared dishes in my area are corned beef and cabbage and cabbage rolls. These dishes also include rice as an ingredient -- a nod to the idea that rice represents plentitude. Although most of the dishes prepared here have a decidedly Germanic/Scots-Irish flavor to them, you could even make a stir-fry dish with cabbage and rice, if you wanted.

We make several different New Year's meals, depending on our mood, but the cabbage is a fixed ingredient. This year, we are having kraut und speck (pork roast and kraut), cornbread and rice pudding for dessert. I didn't want to leave out the lucky rice and I was looking for a dessert that would echo my intent for a loving and prosperous New Year's fortune so rice pudding fits the bill nicely -- rice represents good fortune/prosperity in many cultures and I season the dish with cinnamon and nutmeg (love/money/luck). The kraut und speck gets seasoned with rosemary and caraway seeds -- both noted for their protective and cleansing influences.

Thanks to all for sharing their New Year's traditions & I wish everyone love, luck, health & wealth in the coming year!
Psalm 121

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:02 pm

I forgot the 12 grapes! This is a Spanish custom, but my Portuguese grandmother adopted it. You must eat 12 grapes (for each month) right at midnight to have a good year.

Mary

kittynmoon

Unread post by kittynmoon » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:42 pm

Every year my family has hoppin john. You can't live in the south, central VA and not have Hoppin John. Actually, people here in my very conservative mostly white office were discussing who was having Hoppin John, and more than half of us were. It is bad luck not to eat it!

I think i have told this before, but here goes. Back in the days of civil war, Union troops swept through the south, confiscating crops and livestock to use as provisions for their troops. Southerners who weren’t off fighting were left with precious little, save for peas and greens. You see, Union soldiers considered “field peas” and greens to be fit only for animal fodder. These dishes became cherished and appreciated as what saved many a family from starvation during those times and the tradition of celebrating these dishes on the new year was born.

There are three things every southerner must eat on New Years day, Black eyed peas, greens, and hog jowl or fatback.Black Eyed peas are said to bring luck in the coming year, with many traditions holding that you must eat at least 365 of them. They also stand for wealth and coins. We never had a number, but the more you ate, the more luck you were supposed to have so Mama always makes plenty!

Hog Jowl is very tough and extremely salty, it looks just like a thick slice of bacon but is more difficult to chew. As one of the cheapest cuts of meat, it rose rapidly in popularity during the depression era of the South. Eating this is said to ensure good health in the coming year and I must say, it is delicious.

Greens can be either turnip, collard, or a mix of greens or a “mess” as we call them. They are said to bring wealth in the new year and as with black eyed peas, the amount of wealth you have is directly proportionate to how much of them you eat!

The recipe we use is very, very simple.
I’ve told this story before, but it certainly bears repeating in reference to this meal. Back in the days of civil war, Union troops swept through the south, confiscating crops and livestock to use as provisions for their troops. Southerners who weren’t off fighting were left with precious little, save for peas and greens. You see, Union soldiers considered “field peas” and greens to be fit only for animal fodder. These dishes became cherished and appreciated as what saved many a family from starvation during those times and the tradition of celebrating these dishes on the new year was born.

There are three things every southerner must eat on New Years day, Black eyed peas, greens, and hog jowl or fatback.Black Eyed peas are said to bring luck in the coming year, with many traditions holding that you must eat at least 365 of them. We never had a number, but the more you ate, the more luck you were supposed to have so Mama always makes plenty!

Hog Jowl is very tough and extremely salty, it looks just like a thick slice of bacon but is more difficult to chew. As one of the cheapest cuts of meat, it rose rapidly in popularity during the depression era of the South. Eating this is said to ensure good health in the coming year and I must say, it is delicious.

Greens can be either turnip, collard, or a mix of greens or a “mess” as we call them. They are said to bring wealth in the new year and as with black eyed peas, the amount of wealth you have is directly proportionate to how much of them you eat! Tomorrow, I’m bringing you a greens tutorial.

You need 1/2 pound of bacon
1 onion
1 can black eyed peas

rice
one bag of boil in bag or about 3 cups rice

cook bacon do not drain add onion and cook onions add black eyed peas drained and rice salt and pepper to taste

IBMagnet

Unread post by IBMagnet » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:50 pm

So I should focus on banishing, not drawing? I had a rough end of year. I wanted to make sure my boat will turn around early this year.

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:53 pm

IBMagnet wrote:
So I should focus on banishing, not drawing? I had a rough end of year. I wanted to make sure my boat will turn around early this year.
Get started in the New Year with a thorough cleansing of yourself and your surroundings. You'd be amazed how the simplest cleansing can begin to turn your luck and free up your energies. Then you can begin to work for what you need in earnest.

Good luck,
Michelle
Psalm 121

fausto

Unread post by fausto » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:45 pm

Hope everyone had a good new year. Wasnt able to make black eyed peas, but I did carry 12 dried ones in a mojo bag, along with some salt and a few drops lucky oil.

Dumbledork

Unread post by Dumbledork » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm

Tell you the gold standard in Alabama: black-eyed peas, greens (I like turnip), hamhocks, and cornbread. And you gotta have a big glass of sweet tea. Finish off with a slice of buttermilk pie and you'll be in high cotton for the rest of the year!

Black eyed peas for coins
Greens for dollars
Cornbread for happiness and joy
Hamhocks for hope
Egg custard for a new beginning
Sweet Tea because it washes everything down soooogood!

Happy new year and God bless y'all

Dumbledork

Unread post by Dumbledork » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:27 pm

PS: Whatever you do, DON"T wash clothes on new years day! You'll wash somebody out of your family

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:46 am

That would be OK if I could choose who it was!
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:04 pm

I forgot to call and remind my baby brother to eat his cabbage on New Year's day; when I asked if he remembered he said no, and that he guessed he'd jinxed his money luck for the year. He was calling to tell me he'd lost his new job. :cry: Anyhow, he's not conjure inclined and only pays lip service to what I'm sure he thinks of as "my hillbilly superstitions." If only he knew how often big sister works for him. I'll be setting some lights for him at my prosperity and ancestor's altar and may have the MISC set a light for him, too.

Such is life...

Michelle
Psalm 121

eyeslikeapisces

Unread post by eyeslikeapisces » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Today is my birthday (5th) (ever so close to 30 ick! just kidding) and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share anything special they perform for their birthday? I am going to put a petition at the bottom of a fresh pot of soil and plant some seeds in it once 12 o clock rolls around, nothing demanding just requesting good things for a new year that will hopefully manifest with the plant ;)

what about you?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:49 pm

Hi!

I hold a party before / near / on my birthday.

As a young woman i used to feel sad if people did not celebrate my birthday, due to childhood issues with an emotionally distant, negligent, and cold mother, so one year, in my 20s, when a friend of mine who did brilliant childrens' puppet theater work heard my sad tale of neglected birthdays (so unlike her happy childhood) and she held a festive child-centered birthday party for me, with cake and icecream, and a puppet show for all the kids of our young families.

I was so happy that i couldn't stop crying -- and i knew she wouldn't be able to do this for me every year (i haven't even seen her in 25 years!) so i just started doing it for myself. I told people i would provide all the food and beverages -- and i am blessed to have a sister who always brings a cake -- and we have a nice party.

It's not about me any more, just a nice spring day, with food.

Over the years, this annual event has grown from "cat's birthday party" to become the Lucky Mojo Open House ad Potluck party and a few years later, we grafted it onto the Annual Missionary Independent Spiritual Church Workshops in Hoodoo and Spiritual Spell-Casting. (You can see a banner ad for that at the top of these pages, whenever its turn comes around.)

Most people don't know that the whole event got started in 1974 at the Garden of Joy Blues commune on Star Route Three in Birch Tree, Missouri by a woman named Nancy Spaeder because a depressed 27 year old mom confided that she had never had a "real" bithday party as a kid. Thank you, Nancy Puppetladye! XXXoooXXX
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Loved

Unread post by Loved » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:20 am

Hi All,

I'd like to get suggestions on what to do to bring in a new personal year, a birthday. I'd really, really, really like this new year to be a whole lot better than the one that is ending ;)

If you have a ritual that you do for your birthday please share. :)

Thanks!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:56 am

Search "birthday" on the forum, as there has already been a thread on this topic that had lots of interesting answers.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Loved

Unread post by Loved » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:38 pm

hmmmmm, well, I put birthday in the search box and lots on birthday candles and using someones birthday in your work, but not really much on things to do for a birthday.
But thanks for the suggestion. :)

Anyone else out there have a birthday ritual they'd like to share with me? :)

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:43 pm

I see what you mean, I typed in Birthday Rituals and received 10 pages, but take time to go thorough you will find great info and answer your question.

Loved

Unread post by Loved » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:40 pm

lol...too funny...now when i type birthday rituals the only thing that comes up is your post jw!
lord a mercy, what am i doing wrong...lol

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:01 pm

Good evening all and Greetings! Any suggestions on blessings for a child for a great year by using their Birthday-- ON THEIR BIRTHDAY.
I Bless my child often and say a prayer with Holy Water, and I also use LM Protection and LM Crown of Success -- OFTEN. I did a search for Birthday-- but I found nothing specific to the topic.
Thanks in advance.
Be Blessed.
---Triplethreat
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

ShadowyEmbrace

Unread post by ShadowyEmbrace » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:56 pm

Not sure but Happy Bday to your little one! :)

Loved

Unread post by Loved » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:03 pm

Hi,
I asked a similar question a few days ago, but didn't really find any Birthday ritual either :(...
I can tell you that I decided to wake up early on my b-day, take a 7-herb bath, cleanse the house, simmered some lemongrass oil. I have a bottle spell that I will do tomorrow... Maybe doing a bottle spell, since the LM bottles are really cute and small, might be a good thing for a child. Maybe getting them a blessing bottle (spell) and letting them keep it their room after the candle burning. Explaining how special it is of course :). Or perhaps giving them a wishing bean, LM has quite a few different kinds.
I hope this helps and I wish your little one a very wonderful year :)

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:47 pm

I dressed a few Good Ones --and went with instict. LM Protection, (for obvious reasons) LM Crown of Success,(as dressing requires) and a little John the Conquerer (for leadership and talent-- and The World Can Be A Love-- Dream Big!!-- but do right and give back WHEN ya make it!!!) and of course--- Holy Water for Blessing and Prayer.
Thanks for wishes!
Be Blessed!!!
---Triplethreat
#1606 GA

waterlily

Unread post by waterlily » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Below is one that Mari Jackson put on Myhoodoospace forum:

"Just some ideas--make a braid--ribbons, yarn in your favorite colors. as long as you are tall. Attach favorite cards, pictures, a piece of parchment with a goal written on it and annointed Hang it in your bedroom. The list of things you could add is endless--shells for the month Cancer--you could add as many cowries as you have had birthdays, Then, you could create a verse to go with it while you are creating it, or a song that has meaning for you. Something like this could be made quickly".

Loved

Unread post by Loved » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi - Thanks for sharing...sounds like a great idea :)

sassafrassblonde

Unread post by sassafrassblonde » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:25 pm

Actually, I've been doing the 'new' year thing for years. I'll be 45 on July 9, so here is some of it:
A few days before, clean the house, then CLEANSE the house.
2 nights before, typical beauty rituals, hair, toenails, fingernails, etc.
Night before, a 13 herb cleansing bath with anointed white candles, after a light supper, with soothing spiritual music playing the whole time. I use this 3 hours or so for myself, and everone knows to leave me alone. During and after my bath, a prayer for a truly blessed year to come. I feel so good after all this is done.

sassy

Loved

Unread post by Loved » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:18 pm

That sounds divine :) I wish I had seen it sooner. Thank you for sharing.

What I ended up doing was...on the morning of:
I took the 7 herb bath with Spirit guide crystals sprinkled in and some drops of Clarity and Tranquil oil. I lit some green champa and soaked for a loooong time :)

Then afterwards I painted my nails - which is something I haven't done in a long time. Put on a pretty dress and took myself out. Went to an art exhibit, a fancy restaurant, and then to a play.

interestingly, after the bath I got a call from my big brother with some divine and timely advice - treat myself the way I want others to treat me. If I don't know what I like, then how will someone else know what to give me.

Oh, and a few days before my b-day, I got a reading with Miss Cat.

After all of the above - I've really been feeling good. Much happier than I have in a very, very long time. :) As a present to myself I ordered two mojos and I am so excited for their arrival.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:32 pm

Annual work is a great idea. Picking a date like a birthday, the new years, or an anniversary can be significant in noting magical timing as well. I always do a "long" year reading for myself. I'll cast out the cards and do a bit of predictive astrology. After this I'll renew certain work from the year before. Some moving lodestone spells are washed off and redone, mojo hands are remade, the house is throughly cleansed followed by a a blessing and drawing wash.

After this the protections are renewed and things are tied down, nailed down, and kept in place.

It is a thorough, but rewarding process.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Loved

Unread post by Loved » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:52 pm

Hi ConjureMan,

I really like the idea of renewing the work from the year before. And also the idea of renewing protections etc.
:). i'm just learning to read the cards...perhaps in a year I'll be good enough to do a long year reading.

omgee123

Unread post by omgee123 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:21 pm

hey everyone tomarrow is my birthday and i was wondering if theres any wishing spells or anything to do on my birthday i was thinking this cuz i thought birthdays are a very strong and spiritual day

baybay49

Unread post by baybay49 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:37 am

I was just wondering what work could I do for myself and my household to have a good 2012 year.[health, luck, school. money,work,ect...] Happy New Year Lucky Mojo and members. :) Everyone here been a great help to me since I've join here and using the products.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:02 am

Now is the time to think about starting a Lodestone plate to draw in all you need. Check out http://www.luckymojo.com/lodestone.html

Also, the new year is great to start big spellwork for the coming year. I'd recommend the Attraction Spellkit: http://www.luckymojo.com/spell-attraction.html -or- the aforementioned full Lodestone Spellkit: http://www.luckymojo.com/spell-lodestone.html
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MaryBee » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:12 am

Start off the new year with a spiritually clean house, too! Use a Van Van Spell kit to clean yourself and wash the house down with Chinese Wash.

http://www.luckymojo.com/vanvan.html

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:46 am

Don't forget your lucky New Year's Day meal of black-eyed peas, greens and cornbread!

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

baybay49

Unread post by baybay49 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:28 pm

Thanks to everyone for there advise and knowledge. It very much appreciated.

faitlaforce

Unread post by faitlaforce » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:07 pm

Hey!
I don't know where to post this question so hopefully this is the right place.
I'm creating a vision board (law of attraction), and I wanted to incorporate this into a sorta "New Years Eve" ritual. Any ideas? My main focus for the new years coming up is stability for my son and I, financially AND emotionally, and happiness, love, and wealth. Any ideas of any rituals to perform on new years eve, and how I can incorporate my vision board into it?
Thanks again!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:33 pm

Of course!!! Thank you so much for those posts MaryBee and MissMichaele! I will be spending all day on New Year's Eve cleaning the house! If forgot that to dispense the same advice I am following myself! New Year's Day meal will be great as well! I love beans... :)
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:38 pm

Banish, Vanvan and Prosperity!!!
http://www.luckymojo.com/prosperity.html

Happy New Year!
#1606 GA

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Vision board? Is this board like with all your goals and hopes for 2012?

I mean you probably would need to get a reading to see what you can do to help you bring in some good luck into the year.

But you are going to want to do the work ongoing rather than just on new years eve.

I would start off with doing some uncrossing work along with a road opener. Then you may want to follow that up with good luck, money drawing, come to me , and master candles.

http://www.luckymojo.com/goodluck.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/roadopener.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/cometome.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/master.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/uncrossing.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/moneydrawing.html
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:57 am

I'm merging your post into the thread on that very topic: birthday-rootwork-suggestions-for-a-gre ... t7200.html
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:42 pm

Hello,i wanna take a bath for the new years when it gonna start,the first day of january,a bath for remove all the negativ things and help me to start the new year in good condition, who can help me to find wich one i need to choose in the lucky mojo store.I hav in mind the 13rd uncrossing bath but i make one already 6 month ago.Let me know please.

Lady Muse
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lady Muse » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:37 am

Goldentouch97,
Perhaps you may want to take your cleansing bath on the last day of the year and your Success baths on the first day of the year. The 13 herb bath is a great choice and you can also find Crown of Success, Money Drawing and wide range of baths to draw success in you life.

Enjoy! & Many Blessings to you!
Lady Muse
House of Self Empowerment - AIRR and HP Member - Blue Flag Root Radio

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:42 am

Goldentouch97,

I was always told to scrub the house from back to front and out the front door with Chinese Wash for the New Year, to clean out (to wash off all the negative conditions encountered during that year) and then to take a Van Van bath (to change your luck) on New Year's Day. I was always told not to do the laundry on New Year's because it will "wash away your luck" -- but to hold it over until the next day. Also that the first person in your door on New Year's sets the "tone" or the "luck" of the year, so you want that person to be a strong, tall, dark-hared man of middle age, if possible. That's what they tell me. That's what they say.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:54 pm

Thanks Oniki Muse,If i take a 13 herb bath i think it's gonna be 13 HERB BATH (ONE DAY) a great choice like u say.Catherineyronwode i got my first bottle of chiness wash last month,i really love it,i gonna make a mix up with yur two different point of view,take a 13 herb bath and cleans the house with chiness wash the last day of december and after that i gonna take a van van bath the first day of the years.Blessed ...

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:17 pm

I just received my order from lucky mojo and wanna some advice before i use all the product,about the vanvan bath,i wanna know if i need to use it with hot or cool water and where i must throw the water after this bath.

Jibrael
HRCC Student

Unread post by Jibrael » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:12 pm

Detailed instructions on how to use bath products in the Hoodoo tradition are found here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/baths.html

You'll especially want to focus on the subsection, "The Role of Bathing & Cleaning in Hoodoo Spell-Work." This not only will answer your basic questions, but give you other info that may prove useful.

A Blessed New Year to You! :)
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Student #1816

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:43 pm

The temperature of the water is less important that the intent and proper disposal of the remains. You want positive things to happen for you so follow the instructions for bringing good luck to you, burying remains at your front door to bring in good luck. Also read what miss cat said about three threads prior.

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:02 pm

Merry christmas,thanks a lots for all the people on this board.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:52 pm

You are most welcomed.

Suki28

Unread post by Suki28 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:02 am

Hello Everyone
The New Year is upon us and I want to start the New Year with a positive me.
In my life I have become impatient, anxious, and I have an attitude about me that keeps people at bay, after getting to know me. I am not big on letting people in on my life so I lie about me, make up stories about me because I feel comfortable being anyone other than myself.
Life has a strange way of letting us know we need help. And I realize that no spell will be beneficial to me unless I am able to be honest, loving, truthful, and humble within myself and to myself first.
I am looking for a spell that I can do on myself to help me with the following;
1-Procrastination
2-Loving myself
3-Humbling myself
4-Telling the truth, as in honest Abe, and being proud to be ME.
5-Having an Aura about me that others notice enough to ask me; Did you do something different?
6-Ability to see the good in everything
7-Being positive
8-Ability to make friends wherever I go.
9-Attracting people in my life that will be beneficial to my life.
10-A newfound energy that I never knew existed.

I realize that this may be a lot for one person. I have had readings with Ms. Bri, and Professor Ames and they both think it is a great idea that I want to work on myself FIRST and FOREMOST. I am in the process of having work done by Ms Bri that will allow me to be present for blessings I may have been responsible for blocking out of my life.

My question is in the meantime and in between time, what can I do at home that will incorporate numbers 1-10 so that I remain that humble, full of life, loving, honest abe, etc woman that I long to be.

Thank you for you responses in advance
Suki28

P.S. If there is one spell I can do that incororates 1-10 please let me know. I want something I can do whenever I am feeling like resulting back to old behaviors.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:24 pm

Good Evening, Suki28,
It's so wonderful that you're strong enough to admit your weak points. I congratulate you on that!
But, if this were me, I would consider some counseling also to help me to discover why I do the things that I do to have a negative impact on people.
And, to help with understanding the cause/root of these problems.
It then would be nice to prioritize your list. Determine which of these improvements you would want to work on first. A clarity spell on yourself would help you in this arena.
www.luckymojo.com/clarity.html
I would also suggest healing spells on yourself
www.luckymojo.com/healing.html
This is a long process and not just one spell will cure all and fix everything. You do need to work on the mundane aspects of these problems in order to attain the New you.
Last, but not least, I find that frequent positive affirmations (at lease once a day....at the minimum) will change your energies (and your aura).
You can do it! You can attain everything on your list. But, it will take time.
Take care and wishing you the best
HRCC Graduate #1631

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:49 am

Prayer, as well as affirmation as mentioned by Miss Aida, are powerful tools for change. Prayer and service are also great ways to learn and nurture humility. Consider getting lots of people praying on your behalf via the Crystal Silence League: http://www.crystalsilenceleague.org/. It's a free service that packs quite a punch.

Mundanely, in addition to counseling, excercise and good diet (or at least changes in that direction!) can go a long way to helping with items 1,7 & 10. You might want to consider doing a session or two with an herbalist, lifestyle coach, personal trainer and/or nutritionist to give you new ideas and strategies to integrate into your life.

Good product lines to consider in addition to the Clarity and Healing suggested already include John the Conqueror, Crucible of Courage and King Solomon Wisdom:
http://www.luckymojo.com/johntheconqueror.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/crucibleofcourage.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/kingsolomonwisdom.html
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:00 pm

Suki28, in addition to Aura's and Miss Aida's good advice, I'd like to recommend the following (and I took the liberty of rearranging your list):
Suki28 wrote:1-Procrastination
3-Humbling myself
4-Telling the truth, as in honest Abe, and being proud to be ME.
5-Having an Aura about me that others notice enough to ask me; Did you do something different?
8-Ability to make friends wherever I go.
9-Attracting people in my life that will be beneficial to my life.
2-Loving myself
6-Ability to see the good in everything
7-Being positive
10-A newfound energy that I never knew existed.
Miss Aida and Aura have covered the bases here.

Now, what to do with all this?

First, make a tea of the Deer's Tongue. Drink a cup of it while you are getting the rest of the spell together.

Dress the Angelica Root with Crucible of Courage, Healing and Clarity oils. Place it on a tray with three white or blue candles on it and take it into the bathroom.

On a Saturday evening, light some Cast Off Evil incense and then light the candles. Take a Cast Off Evil bath. Name the faults you listed, and any others that occur to you, and say, "I cast off these evils and banish them from my life." Put on a bathrobe and throw some of the water away to the west of your house -- toward the sunset.

Now, go back into the bathroom and light a mixture Crucible of Courage, Clarity and Healing incenses. Then take a bath in Crucible of Courage, Clarity and Healing, mixed with Deer's Tongue tea. Soak in it and think about the confident and successful people you know: how do they do that? Also, recall the times when you have felt confident and successful, and when you have attracted friends. Bring those feelings forward into the present.

When you are done with your bath, air-dry, don't towel-dry, and put on clean clothes. (Or you can choose absorbent clothes such as a clean sweatsuit and put it on over your damp skin.)

Save some of the bathwater to put in your hair products, your bath products, and your laundry and cleaning products -- and some more to pour out in your back yard, to the east.

Take your tray of candles and angelica root out to your altar and pray Psalm 57 over it seven times. Psalm 23, of course, is another good choice. Repeat this step for a total of seven days, with fresh candles and incense as necessary.

Attraction and Look Me Over can be added to the Angelica-and-candles rite, your grooming/laundry/cleaning supplies, and the oils used as personal fragrances.

After the rite ends on the seventh day, the Angelica Root will be a powerful pocket piece or the nucleus of a wonderful Attraction mojo bag.

Best of Luck,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MaryBee » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:20 am

That is a beautiful spell Miss Michaele; I just had to say :)

Mary Bee
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Road Opening, New Paths, Life Changes”