Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Nutmeg Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
mabel

Nutmeg Questions and Answers

Unread post by mabel » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:50 pm

Anyone has any idea how to do a money spell using nutmeg? I heard its one of the good element for drawing money and luck....

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Re: Nutmeg Questions and Answers

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:56 pm

A whole nutmeg is a great item in a money drawing toby. People used to drill into them and fill them with mercury, but that's a really bad idea. Wrapped in a two dollar bill it draws luck in money and gambling as a pocket piece.
HRCC Student #1559

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:03 pm

You can also use Mercury dimes in place of quicksilver (liquid mercury). These are old dimes that were minted with a picture that looked like the head of the Roman God Mercury.

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatamulets.html
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:25 pm

i wear a mojo with a whole nutmeg lodestone and a few other moeny drawing herbs, i wrote my petition on a 2 dollar bill stuck it in.. I have a 9-5 job, but I work at a club as a bartender on saturdays and i use it to draw as much money as possible.. i have no complaints :)
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

fausto

Unread post by fausto » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:07 am

I once heard that its good gambling luck to dress a lottery ticket or a racing form with powdered nutmeg.

mabel

Unread post by mabel » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:14 pm

Hi j82,

May I know what are the money drawing herbs?

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:40 am

Cinnamon, frankincense, clove, allspice, nutmeg, paprika, vanilla, and/or saffron can be used for attracting money. However, I am wary about dressing lottery tickets or playslips with powder, herbs, or oil because I don't want the bar code getting messed up and the ticket not being scannable.

Nutmeg: http://www.herb-magic.com/nutmeg-whole.html

Herbs by Condition: http://luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:50 pm

HER-NUT-WHOL
Nutmeg, Whole
$3.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

MoonSunStar

Unread post by MoonSunStar » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:54 am

Hi,
There's a spell involving two nutmegs. I was told to engrave my name on one of them and his name on one. The next step was to bind the two nutmegs with a red cord, then wrap them up in one of his underwear and one of mine as well. Put it in a white envelope and put it under the pillow or among the underwears. Is this method valid? It's supposedly a fidelity spell. Has anyone tried this before? Please let me know. Thanks!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:39 am

MoonSunStar, while I am not familiar with this spell, someone else may. On the other hand, in hoodoo, nutmeg (whole) is used for luck or in games of chance. (read further here Nutmeg)
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:14 am

What jwmcclin said!

Nutmegs have been widely distributed in whole form as a culinary spice for centuries and have entered the magical traditions of many cultures. In African American Southern hoodoo, the nutmeg is a fabulous gambling charm, but not notably used for love. Read the posts above your in this thread and click the links for more information.

If we were to bind two roots together for a love charm, we would bind two Blood Roots, or two Adam and Eve Roots (this is not an endangered species and not in commerce except by fraudulent dealers who substitute uselessly different items), or a John the Conqueror Root (male) plus a Queen Elizabeth Root (female), or two High Johns (gay male) or two Queen Elizabeths (lesbian).

We would probably not wrap the roots together with "cord." That term has special meaning in Wicca and other Neo-Pagan religions, but not in Christian hoodoo. We are pretty practical and would say, wrap it with thread or string. And we might specify red thread or red pearl cotton or red embroidery floss. We might embed the roots in wax before wrapping it.

We also might wrap then in cloth or chamois leather and sew or tie the bundle. We would probably fold and then tie the finished charm in red flannel, not in a paper envelope. A white handkerchief might also be used, again folded and tied, often tied crosstownways (corner to corner). Or we might put the charm in a red flannel drawstring mojo bag.

Hope that helped you!

The magical qualities of this product are described in this book, with folkloric hoodoo spells for use in practical conjure,

BOO-GRI-HHSC
Hoodoo Herb & Root Magic Paperback by catherine yronwode
$14.95

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html
catherine yronwode

Edward23
Newly Registered

Unread post by Edward23 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi all,

I want to make a Gamblers Nutmeg (as per instruction given by Draja Mickaharic), which calls for a drop of mercury.
Its my understanding that working with Mercury can be dangerous (toxic) and it is also very difficult to obtain (except for a breaking thermometer).
I was wondering what your thoughts are on this and if you know of an alternative that might work just as well?

Thank you very much

E.

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:47 pm

Hello Edward 23,

I moved your post into an established thread on Nutmeg. Do read the posts above as Turnsteel and Mama Micki provide some good suggestions.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:07 am

This product qualifies to be included in the Lucky Mojo 6 Herb and Root Special.

When you order SIX of our regularly-priced herbs or roots, you only pay for FIVE and, as a BONUS GIFT -- we will also send you a FREE Red Flannel Bag that you can use to make your own mojo hand. Just order the Special, and be sure to list your SIX herbs and roots in the message area of your order.

HER-ZSP-6HRB
6 Herb and Root Special (6 Herbs + Red Bag)
$17.50

http://www.herbmagic.com/six-herb-special.html
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:27 pm

The practical household qualities of this product are described in this book, with traditional folkloric remedies for home-herbalists to try.

BOO-BOT-TAMB
This Amazing Book by Sunrae Products Company, ed. cat yronwode
$9.00

http://www.luckymojo.com/thisamazingbook.html
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:27 pm

This product qualifies to be included in the Lucky Mojo 6 Herb Tea Special.

Buy six herbs for use as teas and receive a free small muslin tea steeping bag. To qualify for this special you must select six of the $3.50 HER (SKU code) items listed in this section. Botanical and Mineral Curios do not qualify for this special.

HER-ZSP-6TEA
6 Herb Tea Special (6 Herb Teas + Small Muslin Bag)
$17.50

http://www.herbmagic.com/six-herb-tea-special.html
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:28 pm

The spiritual culinary qualities of this product are described in this book, with edible magical spell-recipes you can prepare and serve to achieve you desires.

BOO-GRI-HOFO
Hoodoo Food! The Best of the Conjure Cook-Off
$9.00

http://luckymojo.com/hoodoofood.html
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:33 pm

A funny thing i just saw on Facebook -- a well-meaning person saying that she won't use Nutmeg for wealth-bringing because it was once harvested by slaves. I guess she won't be using sugar for sweetening, either, huh? (It was harvested by slaves as well.) I get that she is trying to be sensitive and compassionate to the past -- but some of the oldest spells shared by formerly-enslaved African-Americans center around working with Nutmeg for money-luck, so why disrespect the elders and ancestors of this tradition by turning away from their beliefs? Same with coins, by the way, if you want to look at it that way. Yes, slaves were bought for coins -- but many slaves also used coins in magic -- especially those that had the word "Liberty" on them, which became talismans for escaping slavery and heading to the free states. In other words, Nutmegs and sugar and coins have a part in folk magic that turns the trick on slavery and establishes wealth, sweetness, and freedom. That's why we call it MAGIC.

Well,the internet is free, and everyone can say anything on it, so i am here to say that while the whole Nutmeg is very popular for money and riches, folks who play at cards, slots, keno, dice, the racetrack, the lottery, and bingo also claim that NUTMEG POWDER will Bring in the Winnings as well. You can blend it into any money-drawing sachet powder for dressing the hands or powdering currency or cards.

HER-NUT-PWDR
Nutmeg Powder
$3.50

This product qualifies to be included in the Lucky Mojo 6 Herb Powder Special.

Buy six herbs in powder form and receive a free small muslin tea steeping bag. To qualify for this special you must select six of the $3.50 HER (SKU code) items listed in this section. Botanical and Mineral Curios do not qualify for this special.

HER-ZSP-6PWD
6 Herb Powder Special (6 Herb Powders + Small Muslin Bag)
$17.50

http://www.herbmagic.com/six-herb-powder-special.html

http://www.herbmagic.com/nutmeg-powder.html
catherine yronwode

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”